UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2018, 05:16 AM   #176
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Meetan:

You asked Lauren first if she had anything to help out the wounded Lapras. At least, something to patch the wound enough until the both of you could get the Lapras to the Pokemon Center. The girl thought a bit, and started to rummage through her bag. Her face lightened up when she found what she was looking for.

"I have this water proof gauze and some medicinal tape for water-types. I can take the harpoon out and apply this if the Lapras would let me..." She told you. "Though it will stop the bleeding, I feel it'll only be a temporary fix. I don't want to move the Lapras at this point. I know! I'll go grab Nurse Joy once Lapras settles down. Though, you'll need to defend it. Are you okay with that?"

You nod, and Lauren starts to prep. Meanwhile, you look at the food in your hands. A Chocolate Pokeblock and a Passion Pokeblock. Both of them had sweet flavors, and you hoped that the Lapras would enjoy them. The shining plesiosaur sniffed them, and then happily ate them up. It chewed them with great enthusiasm. It then looked at you, happy for a treat it never had before. You had a feeling it would definitely enjoy some of the other leftover confectionery you had. Lorin let out a happy cheer as the Lapras ate, and the Transport Pokemon looked safe.

It then swam over towards Lauren, baring the side with the harpoon. While it did eye her suspiciously, you could tell the Lapras knew the help the girl was offering was vital. She grabbed the harpoon and started to pull it out. The Lapras winced in pain, and let out a few cries until the spear was gone. Tossing the bloody spear aside, Lauren started to apply the gauze and medicinal tape to the Lapras. Your Lotad continued to act as a support for the Pokemon, and soon after the wound was all patched up. Though, you could tell that there was a heavy blood flow, from the gauze quickly turning red and the water around the water turning red. You hear something in the water, and a Sharpedo jumps out. It looked hungry, and you could tell from its gaze that it was what was watching you.

"Quick, Alice, dispatch it! I'll stay here for a bit to make sure the Lapras is okay before I go grab the nurse," Lauren shouted, and you knew she was right. Lorin looked ready to defend his new friends, and patiently awaited orders.

What do you do?
"Yeah, that sounds good to me." Alice replied after Lauren's explanation. "Well, maybe 'good' isn't the right word for it." She added thoughtfully, referring to this disaster of a situation. When the Pokemon floated closer, Alice's blue eyes lit up, a bright and adoring smile lifting her features. It was clear that she held admiration for the Lapras that many humans might, but not in a way that made her want to grab a fucking harpoon. Arceus' sake.

"Ohmygosh, you're so cuuuteee!" It was an excited little squeal as the water-type leaned down to take the food from her hands, and Alice's heart raced at how close they were. Exciting! She wished she could reach out and try to pet her, but it was vital not to spook the patient and if the Lapras moved she'd probably end up in the water. The expression broke at the other's pain, visibly cringing at the sight of the blood that dyed the water a deep crimson. "Lotaaad..." Lorin obviously wasn't happy, either. No, this definitely wasn't a permanent fix.

"-- Oh, fucking shit, fuck!" The string of curses were loud and shock-induced, and Alice stumbled back from the water's edge as if the Sharpedo might suddenly turn on her. Lorin was alarmed, too, but he recovered faster, rallying his trainer with some determined cries. Lauren's orders helped, too. "You're right. Lorin, time to go to work! Astonish Sharpedo to make it flinch, and then use your seed bomb and giga drain! Try to keep it away from Lapras until we can help her!"
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:52 PM   #177
Lil'twick
Grumpy Dad
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,900
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post


Lil'twick: Although you knew you were winning, you made sure not to become overconfident. If you didn't push this advantage that you held it would surely be lost, especially against a Pokemon that killed and from a type that was known to have many tricks. Frillish still looked angry from being shocked, after all,and while cotton spore didn't seem to be necessary – she certainly wasn't risking getting closer yet – the upcoming attacks would only make her angrier.

And that was definitely the case. The shockwaves hit their mark, the ghostie looking significantly weaker already. The ghost was trembling with anger, eyes glowing from her rage, and she responded with a heavy amount of absorb. It did nothing to Parker in comparison to what Frillish had already suffered, but after those moves were delivered... She seemed to fade away.

The sailors all balked in bewilderment, looking around as if they might spot her. “Where did she go?” One of them asked. Another warned you to be careful. He didn't trust that she had fled.
“Look out! Behind you!” Following the sailor's words your Pokemon called out as well. Looming over you was the furious Frillish, veil-like tendrils reaching out for you. To paralyze you, to drag you to the depths, to shriek as she pried the pieces of your soul from your drenched corpse at the bottom of the sea.

What do you do?


There was no respite for the damned... no solace for the drowned. Austin realized what the Frillish's plan was the moment she appeared in front of him. To take away his soul from his waterlogged corpse. Why was it that everything tried to kill him? He came here to Minnao for a vacation after his last two hellish adventures. Literally, he was in what he could only call hell. And then after that he was almost decapitated. This was not the summer break he wanted. He just wanted to relax and fish, not get drowned. Oh well, he'd be dead if he didn't act soon. How about... Yes that would work. Being reckless was always fun. It would at least change the monotony his life had begun slipping into. He started to rummage through his bag, not making an effort to run from the Frillish. He didn't have much room to begin with. He then grabbed on of his empty Pokeballs, and started his orders.

"Parker, wait until she gets me. Then ensnare both of us in a Thunder Wave. If she wants to paralyze me... She's gonna have to go through that same fate! Then send out a Shock Wave. If you hit me too, I don't care. That should be enough... Enough to get her..." Austin contemplated for a second if this was the right decision. He would smash the Poke Ball in his hand onto her after the Mareep executed his actions. Though, there was no time for hesitation anymore, he could feel the jellyfish's tentacles start to entangle him.

__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:56 AM   #178
Lil'twick
Grumpy Dad
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,900
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Meetan:

The Sharpedo let out a fierce cry, obviously hungry and attracted to the scent of blood. The Lapras let out a small, meek noise, a bit afraid of the oncoming predator. Lorin's rallying call, though, quickly comforted it and seemed to give the Lapras back a sense of hope. It let out another noise, seeming to cheer on the pink Lotad. It was obvious that the shiny Pokemon was in no condition to battle, so it was doing its best to give the small lily pad its support.

With your orders in mind, the Lotad starts to turn around from the Sharpedo. He then swiftly jumps off and gives an astonishing tackle to the shark. He lets out a cry of pain, seeming to be hurt by his foe's Rough Skin. The Sharpedo seems a bit out of it, before switching its attention on Lorin. While the Astonish looked like it barely did any damage to the shark, it certain caused it to switch its aggression towards Lorin. It bit down on the Lotad, shaking him in its maw before throwing the Lotad out of the water and into a wall. He slinks down to the floor, taking a decently sized chunk of damage from the Sharpedo's Bite. Lorin, not willing to give up, starts to channel his inner grass-type, and formed seeds within his mouth. He shot them out like grenades, the Seed Bomb raining down on the Sharpedo. The shark lets out a cry in pain, and then stares down the Lotad in a look of pure hatred.

The Sharpedo's stare starts to get more and more intense, as if it was focusing its energy on taking down the Lotad. A red aura started to surround the Sharpedo, soon beign absorbed into the water and dark type's body. Lorin takes advantage of his foe boosting up by using Giga Drain. Green tendrils erupt from Lorin's pad, and wrap around the Sharpedo. They start to drain the shark's very life force, and replenish Lorin's. The Lotad starts to look more and more healthier, as if any of the damage he just took was nullified. The Sharpedo, not in a particularly happy mood after its life force being drained, starts to twist its body. A geyser of water erupts, carrying the Sharpedo out of the water. With the force of a torpedo, it slams into Lorin with an Aqua Jet. The shark then uses the momentum to bounce back into the water. The Lotad just laughs, barely taking any damage from the attack. You obviously had the edge in this battle, and your Lotad awaits his next set of orders.


Ironthunder:

Seeing you pass out, your Shuppet and Skarmory quickly realize the severity of the situation. However, Hope is also filled with uncontrollable rage. How dare that Gyarados do that to her trainer? Staring down the raging serpent, the Shuppet let out a Shock Wave. Electricity traced the air, before a wave of it flew towards the Gyarados. It let out a roar, and switch its attention to the Shuppet. With its teeth becoming shrouded in darkness, the serpent crunched its way through the shuppet, rapidly biting her like a chew toy before throwing her off to who knows where. Caeda, seeing this, quickly starts to move your unconscious body to safety. The Gyarados does not take notice of this, and starts to charge another Hyper Beam. Was this how things going to end...? Your adventure barely has even started... And this was your fate.

~~~

You wake up seeing a bright light. Were you dead? Were you in heaven. It was really hard to see anything, and your body was aching from pain. Did the dead feel pain? At least, those not cursed to feel their demise for the rest of eternity? You couldn't tell. The scent of chamomile wafted through the air, and you were on a soft bed. You could hear the crackling of a lit fire, and the soft pitter-patter of rain on a wooden roof. You weren't dead, that much you were sure of. You then hear a voice.

"Ah, finally awake? Be happy I found you when I did. I don't know what you did to piss off the King of Orta, but he was incredibly pissed. And if the king is mad, then we can't have people fish here. The conditions are simply too dangerous. Oh, excuse me, where are my manners. I'm Maie, Maie Ruddson. My husband and I live here in this quaint little shack near Orta Lake. We run a fishing business for both tourists and residents of the island who want to try freshwater fishing. Our son Mason also helps us out occasional, but he's been out on an ocean fishing trip with his friends for the past few days."

You turn your head to see a short, stout woman. Her dark, raven hair was tied back into a bun, and her skin was sun-kissed. She was relatively well toned, most likely due to fishing almost every day in her life. Her eyes were warm and motherly, and she held a cup of tea in her hands. She took a sip and looked over you. She let out a small chuckle, before leaving her seat.

"You're a greenhorn, aren't you? I can tell a fresh trainer from the sight alone. Anyways, where are my manners? What is your name lass?" You then tell her your name. "Liawe? An interesting name. Anyways, my Breloom and Jellicent were able to help subdue the king enough for me to bring you here. I'm not sure what you did, but it seemed you were reckless enough to cause the king to get mad. Every trainer needs to learn the best course of action when it comes with dealing with both people and Pokemon. And speaking of actions, you're going to atone for yours. Rest up for the night. Tomorrow I'm going to help you out in making an apology for the king. I will need you to go gather the ingredients. Luckily they're all in the little grove behind my house. Let me know if you need anything deary, just stay there and rest. Your Pokemon are being treated by my husband now. He's out in our shed. If you want to see them, let me know. I'll walk you over there," the woman lectures you as she starts to prepare food. You were luck enough to make it out of that situation with your life. Though, it seemed that you were in for a long day tomorrow. Best to rest up now, but your Pokemon must be worried sick.

What do you do?
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:05 AM   #179
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Meetan:

The Sharpedo let out a fierce cry, obviously hungry and attracted to the scent of blood. The Lapras let out a small, meek noise, a bit afraid of the oncoming predator. Lorin's rallying call, though, quickly comforted it and seemed to give the Lapras back a sense of hope. It let out another noise, seeming to cheer on the pink Lotad. It was obvious that the shiny Pokemon was in no condition to battle, so it was doing its best to give the small lily pad its support.

With your orders in mind, the Lotad starts to turn around from the Sharpedo. He then swiftly jumps off and gives an astonishing tackle to the shark. He lets out a cry of pain, seeming to be hurt by his foe's Rough Skin. The Sharpedo seems a bit out of it, before switching its attention on Lorin. While the Astonish looked like it barely did any damage to the shark, it certain caused it to switch its aggression towards Lorin. It bit down on the Lotad, shaking him in its maw before throwing the Lotad out of the water and into a wall. He slinks down to the floor, taking a decently sized chunk of damage from the Sharpedo's Bite. Lorin, not willing to give up, starts to channel his inner grass-type, and formed seeds within his mouth. He shot them out like grenades, the Seed Bomb raining down on the Sharpedo. The shark lets out a cry in pain, and then stares down the Lotad in a look of pure hatred.

The Sharpedo's stare starts to get more and more intense, as if it was focusing its energy on taking down the Lotad. A red aura started to surround the Sharpedo, soon beign absorbed into the water and dark type's body. Lorin takes advantage of his foe boosting up by using Giga Drain. Green tendrils erupt from Lorin's pad, and wrap around the Sharpedo. They start to drain the shark's very life force, and replenish Lorin's. The Lotad starts to look more and more healthier, as if any of the damage he just took was nullified. The Sharpedo, not in a particularly happy mood after its life force being drained, starts to twist its body. A geyser of water erupts, carrying the Sharpedo out of the water. With the force of a torpedo, it slams into Lorin with an Aqua Jet. The shark then uses the momentum to bounce back into the water. The Lotad just laughs, barely taking any damage from the attack. You obviously had the edge in this battle, and your Lotad awaits his next set of orders.
[/color]
At first Alice had been worried for Lorin. She had been stupid to forget the shark's rough skin, and on top of that, she had been convinced for a few long moments that the predator was going to bite her baby into pieces and devour him. "Lorin! I'm so sorry!" She called out, running over to the Pokemon as he slid down the cavern wall. The optimism of having Lapras cheer for them had been dampened, but not for long.

"Lotad, Lotad Lo!" The dual-type snapped, butting his head as if to shirk his trainer back. It was obvious why when Lorin fired off the planned seed bombs and then began to heal himself with the Sharpedo's energy. The battle was continuing, and Alice was unsafe where she was - as the aqua jet proved. At least she was out the way for that. Her Lotad laughs, a mockery in the enemy's face. As strong as it was, its typing was nothing against Lorin's.

"Okay, boy, I get it. I got you." Alice took a breath to try and cool off. They'd be fine. "Be careful of Lapras, but pull Sharpedo into a whirlpool! And while it's trapped, use more seed bombs! If you take anymore damage, use giga drain again!" She ordered. Lotad waddled a bit closer to the pool to ensure his aim, but stayed out of the water where Sharpedo could get its teeth on him more easily, and then began to execute his moves, round eyes narrowed with determination.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:05 PM   #180
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,423
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Ironthunder:

Seeing you pass out, your Shuppet and Skarmory quickly realize the severity of the situation. However, Hope is also filled with uncontrollable rage. How dare that Gyarados do that to her trainer? Staring down the raging serpent, the Shuppet let out a Shock Wave. Electricity traced the air, before a wave of it flew towards the Gyarados. It let out a roar, and switch its attention to the Shuppet. With its teeth becoming shrouded in darkness, the serpent crunched its way through the shuppet, rapidly biting her like a chew toy before throwing her off to who knows where. Caeda, seeing this, quickly starts to move your unconscious body to safety. The Gyarados does not take notice of this, and starts to charge another Hyper Beam. Was this how things going to end...? Your adventure barely has even started... And this was your fate.

~~~

You wake up seeing a bright light. Were you dead? Were you in heaven. It was really hard to see anything, and your body was aching from pain. Did the dead feel pain? At least, those not cursed to feel their demise for the rest of eternity? You couldn't tell. The scent of chamomile wafted through the air, and you were on a soft bed. You could hear the crackling of a lit fire, and the soft pitter-patter of rain on a wooden roof. You weren't dead, that much you were sure of. You then hear a voice.

"Ah, finally awake? Be happy I found you when I did. I don't know what you did to piss off the King of Orta, but he was incredibly pissed. And if the king is mad, then we can't have people fish here. The conditions are simply too dangerous. Oh, excuse me, where are my manners. I'm Maie, Maie Ruddson. My husband and I live here in this quaint little shack near Orta Lake. We run a fishing business for both tourists and residents of the island who want to try freshwater fishing. Our son Mason also helps us out occasional, but he's been out on an ocean fishing trip with his friends for the past few days."

You turn your head to see a short, stout woman. Her dark, raven hair was tied back into a bun, and her skin was sun-kissed. She was relatively well toned, most likely due to fishing almost every day in her life. Her eyes were warm and motherly, and she held a cup of tea in her hands. She took a sip and looked over you. She let out a small chuckle, before leaving her seat.

"You're a greenhorn, aren't you? I can tell a fresh trainer from the sight alone. Anyways, where are my manners? What is your name lass?" You then tell her your name. "Liawe? An interesting name. Anyways, my Breloom and Jellicent were able to help subdue the king enough for me to bring you here. I'm not sure what you did, but it seemed you were reckless enough to cause the king to get mad. Every trainer needs to learn the best course of action when it comes with dealing with both people and Pokemon. And speaking of actions, you're going to atone for yours. Rest up for the night. Tomorrow I'm going to help you out in making an apology for the king. I will need you to go gather the ingredients. Luckily they're all in the little grove behind my house. Let me know if you need anything deary, just stay there and rest. Your Pokemon are being treated by my husband now. He's out in our shed. If you want to see them, let me know. I'll walk you over there," the woman lectures you as she starts to prepare food. You were luck enough to make it out of that situation with your life. Though, it seemed that you were in for a long day tomorrow. Best to rest up now, but your Pokemon must be worried sick.

What do you do?
Liawe came to, which was a surprise in itself. Rolling to one side, realising she was in an actual bed, she became aware of two things. Firstly, a splitting pain in her head, reminding her of her trials previously. Secondly, she saw another person, who lectured her about pissing off the lake king. Ashamed, she looked away, and as the woman left to check on something, she curled up on the bed. Her squad had been annihilated by that monstrosity. Almost killed. As had she. What was supposed to be a calm, quiet picnic and a sketch had devolved into a near-death experience for her and her team. She took out the sketch she had begun at the lake. It was definitely one of her better ones, but now it was ruined. Rain-soaked, torn and scorched in places, it was fit for little more than fire-lighting. Setting the battered, half-finished sketch to one side, she rolled to one side, curled up and cried herself to sleep. They should have left her out there.

She was awoken the next morning by an inquisitive boop on the nose. Opening her eyes, she saw a vague green and black shape that resolved itself to be Calem, her intrepid little Caterpie, stood on the bed in front of her and wiggling happily like a madman. She then became aware of the goings-on elsewhere in the room, with Caeda stood at the foot of the bed, keeping watch, while Anna and Kaitlyn snuggled into the nook of her stomach caused by her being curled up. And finally, Hope floated around the room, moodier than Liawe had ever seen the spiteful little spectre. Swivelling round, Liawe stood, only to sit back down hard once more with a vicious bout of light-headedness, dizziness and nausea. Clearly Caeda had done some damage when she was slammed into her, and that wasn't going to go away any time soon. Slowly, and gingerly, Liawe stood, using a nearby chair for support. She wasn't going anywhere fast. Merely standing made the nausea flare up, and she reached for a nearby bucket, barely getting to it in time before she retched and puked a couple of times. Judging by the location of the bucket and the barely-identifiable stuff solidifying in the bottom, it wasn't the first time she'd had to do that on her stay at this place. Her Pokemon stared at her, worried. They'd never seen her like this before. And it probably won't be the last time, she thought grimly to herself. Settling into the chair slowly while she waited for the effects to recede, she was greeted by the rest of her squad in typical manner: Caeda rubbed her head against Liawe's right leg, while Kaitlyn hopped over and hugged the left leg. Anna floated over and snuggled on her head, while Calem crawled onto her shoulder. And Hope just floated around angstily. The defeat must have really gotten to her, Liawe realised. She told her team that perhaps they shouldn't have responded as violently as they did, 'for next time', and returned them all to their Pokeballs, which she put back in her bag after checking that everything was still there. It was, but to her dismay it appeared that her tent was utterly shagged. She'd need to scrape up the cash for a new one. Disheartened by the loss of what was basically her home, Liawe slowly pulled onon a spare change of clothes, remounted her armguard and slowly staggered outside, where she promptly threw up on the grass. Concussions, she decided once again, were not fun. Moving slowly so as to minimise the bouts of nausea, she stumbled around to the back of the cabin, so as to meet the mysterious old lady and collect the necessary ingredients to appease the 'King of the Lake'. Liawe just wanted to go home. Or at the very least, go and get a new one to go home to.
__________________
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:35 PM   #181
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams
 
EpicSquirtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
EpicSquirtle: At first you were ecstatic that Leif seemed to have caught your target, but then things didn't go as planned. You lost the bug, and while that was a worry, to your credit you didn't lose your damn mind. Instead, you and your talkative Pokemon put your noggins together and came up with a rather sensible plan.

The Snover escorted you as you slowly tracked the sounds of a worried Sewaddle and the rustling of leaves high up in the trees. As you both went, you made a point to shake your open bag, trying to lure the thief back in the direction it had come from. It took a bit of time – or so it felt when worrying for your poor Pokemon – but the criminal came back with a vengeance. The rustling increased tenfold, coming closer, and Benny braced himself. All of a sudden, Leif came hurtling towards you, wiggling his little limbs in distress; and then behind it shot out a blur of colour. Benny responded as quickly as he could, shooting off a powder snow attack. It didn't fully catch the attacker, but it did enough to surprise and hurt it, forcing the Pokemon to divert its course from you to the wayside. When it landed on the ground, paws furiously trying to remove snow from leaflike fur, you see it for what it is: an energetic Pansage.

What do you do?
As Anna continued to search for Leif and the unknown thief, she found herself getting more and more worried. It had been much too long since the Sewaddle had disappeared into the trees, or so she felt.

"I'm sure we'll find them soon." Benny said, almost as if reading his trainer's mind.

"Yeah." Anna replied with a nod, before stopping to give her bag another shake. Though she appreciated the Snover's words, the young trainer was unsure if she truly believed them.

Continuing to track the sounds of rustling leaves, it didn't take too much time before the sounds grew....louder?

"Here it comes!" Anna exclaimed, causing Benny to brace himself for what came next.

It was then that Leif came flying out of the tree branches, and right towards his trainer!

"Leif!" Anna exclaimed, her attention from the mysterious thief briefly stolen by the distressed bug.

Unlike Anna, Benny's attention was still fully on the unknown criminal, who shot out of the branches right behind Leif.

As quick as he possibly could, Benny let off a Powder Snow attack! While the attack didn't seem to score a direct hit on the Snover's target, it did manage to divert it's course to the side.

Upon landing on the ground, the thief's identity was revealed! It seemed to be...a strange, green Pokemon.
Anna had never seen a Pokemon like it before! Judging from it's reaction to the Powder Snow, as well as the plant on it's head, the young trainer guessed that it had to be a Grass type.

Now wasn't the time for that though, Anna realized. It wouldn't be long before the Grass type hurried off again..or maybe even attacked! They needed to make their move, and fast.

"Hey Benny, can you try talking to it?" See if it'll give back the missing stuff?" Anna asked. "I just want to see if we can avoid a conflict, right?"

"I can try." Benny nodded, before turning to the Pansage.
The Ice type then began to repeat Anna's request, this time in his native tongue. While the Snover wasn't all that confident that the grass monkey Pokemon would listen to him, he didn't want to be so quick to disobey his trainer's orders. At the same time though, if the Pansage tried anything funny, the Snover wouldn't hesitate to abandon Anna's idea of a peaceful resolution, in favor of a Powder Snow to the thief's face.

With Benny focusing on their target, Anna took the time to check up on Leif. After being pulled through countless branches, she couldn't help but feel worried for the Sewaddle.
__________________

Last edited by EpicSquirtle; 02-14-2018 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Adding signature
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:28 AM   #182
Lil'twick
Grumpy Dad
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,900
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Meetan:

Lorin started to waddle over to the water, ready to execute the next round of orders. He channels the currents within the water, starting to entangle the Sharpedo in a small Whirlpool. There was a good amount of distance from the shark and the Lapras, so the purple plesiosaur was safe from the Lotad's pull. The Shark, realizing it had nothing to reliably attack the Lotad with, just loud out a small snarl as it got swept away in the attack. Aiming carefully, the grass-type once again produces explosive seeds. The Seed Bomb flies into the Whirlpool, exploding and giving the Sharpedo a good knocking. The Sharpedo just stares at the Lotad, and decides to cut its losses. It swims away from the cove at high speeds, grumbles being heard from the Pokemon. The Lapras lets out a cheer, happy you were able to chase away the predator.

Lorin has gained 1 Level!

"Hey," Lauren started to speak. "Seems the coast is clear now. I'm going to go head out and try and get Nurse Joy. You'll be okay here by yourself?" You gave a nod. "Okay, good. I left some supplies next to where I was in case the gauze needs to be redressed. I believe in you Alice, protect this Lapras the best you can."

And with that, she started to run out of the cove. It was just you, Lorin, and the Lapras. You could see your Lotad and the wild Lapras starting to converse once more, and it eyed you every so often. While the Pokemon has warmed up to the Lotad, it seems a bit wary of you still. It makes sense, considering the state you had found it in. Anyways, what was with that harpoon. You could try to investigate it to get an idea of the poachers, or try and befriend the Pokemon with you some more.

What do you do?


Ironthunder:

As you make your way towards the back of the cabin, using the walls as support, you see the woman from yesterday chopping some logs. Her ax swung down, cleaving the wood in two. She picked up the logs, and tossed them into a pile. Putting down her ax, she swipes her head and notices you.

"Good morning Liawe," she smiled at you like a mother would her own child. "I hope you slept well. Anyways, I'm just creating some more firewood. That was a a decent storm last night, and some of our old logs got soaked. Anyways, I got a list of what I need you to go harvest. I've already gotten the meat prepared. As a carnivorous predator, Gyarados tend to eat smaller fish. Though, once in a while they don't mind some terrestrial food. I have a few Miltank steaks preserved in case the King gets wild... That usually calms him down. Anyways, I need you to go collect an ingredient. A jar of Honey. There's a honey tree just north of here. I checked stock today and I have the rest of what I need. The Combee there are a bit timid, so don't startle them. Usually they're fine with people taking their honey if you give them some berries," she explains, and then hands you an empty jar. It's small enough that you should be able to completely fill it up with honey.

With your task given to you, Maie returns to chopping firewood. Seems simple enough, head north, get honey, and then come back. Considering your injuries, things could be way worse. The sky was clear, and nothing out of the ordinary was in sight. Then again, yesterday seemed like a perfectly ordinary day for a picnic that ended in you almost being killed by a Gyarados.

What do you do?
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:24 AM   #183
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Meetan:

Lorin started to waddle over to the water, ready to execute the next round of orders. He channels the currents within the water, starting to entangle the Sharpedo in a small Whirlpool. There was a good amount of distance from the shark and the Lapras, so the purple plesiosaur was safe from the Lotad's pull. The Shark, realizing it had nothing to reliably attack the Lotad with, just loud out a small snarl as it got swept away in the attack. Aiming carefully, the grass-type once again produces explosive seeds. The Seed Bomb flies into the Whirlpool, exploding and giving the Sharpedo a good knocking. The Sharpedo just stares at the Lotad, and decides to cut its losses. It swims away from the cove at high speeds, grumbles being heard from the Pokemon. The Lapras lets out a cheer, happy you were able to chase away the predator.

Lorin has gained 1 Level!

"Hey," Lauren started to speak. "Seems the coast is clear now. I'm going to go head out and try and get Nurse Joy. You'll be okay here by yourself?" You gave a nod. "Okay, good. I left some supplies next to where I was in case the gauze needs to be redressed. I believe in you Alice, protect this Lapras the best you can."

And with that, she started to run out of the cove. It was just you, Lorin, and the Lapras. You could see your Lotad and the wild Lapras starting to converse once more, and it eyed you every so often. While the Pokemon has warmed up to the Lotad, it seems a bit wary of you still. It makes sense, considering the state you had found it in. Anyways, what was with that harpoon. You could try to investigate it to get an idea of the poachers, or try and befriend the Pokemon with you some more.

What do you do?
"Good job, Lorin, you're my boy!" Alice complimented brightly, happy that her Pokemon had succeeded in chasing away the Sharpedo. She would have preferred a knock out to ensure it didn't return or try to rally some forces, but this would do. Lorin perked up, proclaiming his name with pride before waddling back to the Lapras to check on it and express a bit of pride about his victory. Not too much, though - he was a humble little thing, mostly.

"Oh, yeah." She said, nodding and saying little in response as if she were a Warrior of Light or something. Lauren's words meant a lot, especially as seeing the leftover medical supplies was daunting. Alice wasn't the most practical, and the idea of having to try and stop the bleeding and such was a bit intimidating. The way the Lapras kept eyeing her, she wondered if they were talking about her, but there wasn't really a way to ask. So, instead, able to sense the Pokemon's nervousness, Alice moved to investigate the harpoon. She probably wouldn't be able to figure out shit, but it was more for something to do than anything else.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:06 PM   #184
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,423
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Ironthunder:

As you make your way towards the back of the cabin, using the walls as support, you see the woman from yesterday chopping some logs. Her ax swung down, cleaving the wood in two. She picked up the logs, and tossed them into a pile. Putting down her ax, she swipes her head and notices you.

"Good morning Liawe," she smiled at you like a mother would her own child. "I hope you slept well. Anyways, I'm just creating some more firewood. That was a a decent storm last night, and some of our old logs got soaked. Anyways, I got a list of what I need you to go harvest. I've already gotten the meat prepared. As a carnivorous predator, Gyarados tend to eat smaller fish. Though, once in a while they don't mind some terrestrial food. I have a few Miltank steaks preserved in case the King gets wild... That usually calms him down. Anyways, I need you to go collect an ingredient. A jar of Honey. There's a honey tree just north of here. I checked stock today and I have the rest of what I need. The Combee there are a bit timid, so don't startle them. Usually they're fine with people taking their honey if you give them some berries," she explains, and then hands you an empty jar. It's small enough that you should be able to completely fill it up with honey.

With your task given to you, Maie returns to chopping firewood. Seems simple enough, head north, get honey, and then come back. Considering your injuries, things could be way worse. The sky was clear, and nothing out of the ordinary was in sight. Then again, yesterday seemed like a perfectly ordinary day for a picnic that ended in you almost being killed by a Gyarados.

What do you do?
Having staggered slowly around to the back of the house, she was tasked with something seemingly simple: Collecting Honey from the tree. The walk was long and arduous, never mind lonely. Clutching the small jar for all it was worth, Liawe finally made it to the designated tree. Leaves of amber, with Combee flitting around it. Busy as bees, and twice as dangerous, especially when aggravated. Reaching into her bag, she fumbled around a bit and pulled out her Berry Box, opening it to remind herself that she only had the one. She hoped fervently that these Bugs liked Aspear Berries, and that they weren't massively hungry. Holding the berry in one hand, she walked slowly towards the tree, seeing the thick, gloopy honey already oozing from within. All she needed was a jar full. She could do this. Jar in one hand, berry in the other. Keep it slow, don't startle them. How hard could it be?
__________________
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:46 PM   #185
Lil'twick
Grumpy Dad
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,900
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Meetan:

Leaving the Lapras and Lorin to their own devices, you decide it would be in your best interests to investigate the harpoon. Even if you didn't figure anything out from it, it was at least something to do at this point. You look over the speak, noticing that the rope still seems firmly attached to the head of the spear. Did the Lapras break free from the grip of the harpoon? No, that didn't look right. You noticed that the end of the rope was black, and that there were scorch marks on the harpoon. A fire? That seemed to be a likely possibility. Yet, why didn't the Lapras look burned at all. That was most certainly... Strange.

The harpoon itself was made of metal, most likely iron. Besides the tip being caked in the blood of the shining water-type, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. There were some notch marks in it, but it looked to be from when it was loaded in. Besides the black spots similar to the rope, nothing seemed out of the ordinary with it. The only lead to whoever did this to the Lapras was the fire markings. Yet, it wouldn't be safe to leave the cove at this rate, wouldn't it? This was most certainly a conundrum. While you wanted to wait here for Lauren, you couldn't tell at this rate when she would be coming. The light from outside still stayed the same. The Lapras looked at you, mouth open. Was it hungry again? Already? It certainly must've not been that long since you gave it the PokeBlocks from before. Though, that did beg the question. How long was the Lapras here?


Ironthunder:

You meekly made your way towards the honey tree, a bit wary of the buzzing Combee around you. The last thing you needed was being swarmed by them. You hear a buzz, and one of the Combee come up to inspect you. You can see the red dot characteristic of a female one, and she sniffs you. Her three faces buzz to each other, determining if you're intentions are pure with their honey. Noticing the Aspear berry, the little bee takes a hefty bite out of it with the dotted face. Deeming you worthy, the Combee leads you towards the honey tree.

The tree itself was large, and seemed to hum from all of the buzzing of the Combee hive. The Combee who lead you to the tree hovered over you, watching you with a certain look. One misstep here and you'd probably be stung by her. Carefully, you put the empty jar on the oozing bark of the tree, and watch as the yellow goop slowly filled the jar. As it got full, you pull the jar away from the tree, a small amount of honey dripping off the side. The Combee let's out a happy buzz, seeming to be happy with how much honey you took. She gives you a little nudge, as if to tell you to head back. Putting the lid on the jar, you made your way back.

The walk through the woods back was quite uneventful. You could swear you could hear a buzz every so often, but when you turned around you heard nothing. It was a nice, comfy walk through nature. After your encounter with the king yesterday, this was a sorely needed break. The Pokemon around you gave you a curious glance as you walked past, but returned to their usual business afterwards. Not long you made your way back to the little shack.

"Hello there Liawe!" You heard Maie shout, the stout woman sitting next to an even larger pile of logs. "Seems you were successful. I'll take that honey from you. Seems you have someone who wants to have a little chat."

Confused, you look behind you to see the Combee from before. Did she want to see the honey was delivered safely? You hand Maie the jar of honey, and the Combee gives a happy buzz. She flies around you, happily buzzing. Seems the little bug has already taken a liking to you. With a little convincing, it wouldn't be hard to have her join your team.

What do you do?
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #186
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,423
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Ironthunder:

You meekly made your way towards the honey tree, a bit wary of the buzzing Combee around you. The last thing you needed was being swarmed by them. You hear a buzz, and one of the Combee come up to inspect you. You can see the red dot characteristic of a female one, and she sniffs you. Her three faces buzz to each other, determining if you're intentions are pure with their honey. Noticing the Aspear berry, the little bee takes a hefty bite out of it with the dotted face. Deeming you worthy, the Combee leads you towards the honey tree.

The tree itself was large, and seemed to hum from all of the buzzing of the Combee hive. The Combee who lead you to the tree hovered over you, watching you with a certain look. One misstep here and you'd probably be stung by her. Carefully, you put the empty jar on the oozing bark of the tree, and watch as the yellow goop slowly filled the jar. As it got full, you pull the jar away from the tree, a small amount of honey dripping off the side. The Combee let's out a happy buzz, seeming to be happy with how much honey you took. She gives you a little nudge, as if to tell you to head back. Putting the lid on the jar, you made your way back.

The walk through the woods back was quite uneventful. You could swear you could hear a buzz every so often, but when you turned around you heard nothing. It was a nice, comfy walk through nature. After your encounter with the king yesterday, this was a sorely needed break. The Pokemon around you gave you a curious glance as you walked past, but returned to their usual business afterwards. Not long you made your way back to the little shack.

"Hello there Liawe!" You heard Maie shout, the stout woman sitting next to an even larger pile of logs. "Seems you were successful. I'll take that honey from you. Seems you have someone who wants to have a little chat."

Confused, you look behind you to see the Combee from before. Did she want to see the honey was delivered safely? You hand Maie the jar of honey, and the Combee gives a happy buzz. She flies around you, happily buzzing. Seems the little bug has already taken a liking to you. With a little convincing, it wouldn't be hard to have her join your team.

What do you do?
Liawe approached the tree, allowing one of the inquisitive Combee to take her Aspear Berry as she did. The diminutive bee seemed pleased enough with the offering, and guided her to the tree to collect the precious amber goop. Closing off the jar, the Combee prompted for her to leave, which she did both quickly and gladly. She had no intention of aggravating the locals again, especially after that shitshow with the Gyarados. Returning to Maie, Liawe handed over the honey to the woman, who took it from her, before pointing out that the Combee had had followed her back. Tentatively, Liawe raised her hand to the Combee, allowing it to lick off the berry juice that had leaked onto her hand when it had been eating from there earlier. "You're a nice one, aren't you?" Liawe asked, as she fumbled for a Pokeball from her bag. "How'd you like to join me for some adventures? You certainly seem like you'd enjoy it." She placed the Pokeball in her open hand and awaited the creature's response, preparing to capture it if it agreed.
__________________
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:44 PM   #187
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Meetan:

Leaving the Lapras and Lorin to their own devices, you decide it would be in your best interests to investigate the harpoon. Even if you didn't figure anything out from it, it was at least something to do at this point. You look over the speak, noticing that the rope still seems firmly attached to the head of the spear. Did the Lapras break free from the grip of the harpoon? No, that didn't look right. You noticed that the end of the rope was black, and that there were scorch marks on the harpoon. A fire? That seemed to be a likely possibility. Yet, why didn't the Lapras look burned at all. That was most certainly... Strange.

The harpoon itself was made of metal, most likely iron. Besides the tip being caked in the blood of the shining water-type, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. There were some notch marks in it, but it looked to be from when it was loaded in. Besides the black spots similar to the rope, nothing seemed out of the ordinary with it. The only lead to whoever did this to the Lapras was the fire markings. Yet, it wouldn't be safe to leave the cove at this rate, wouldn't it? This was most certainly a conundrum. While you wanted to wait here for Lauren, you couldn't tell at this rate when she would be coming. The light from outside still stayed the same. The Lapras looked at you, mouth open. Was it hungry again? Already? It certainly must've not been that long since you gave it the PokeBlocks from before. Though, that did beg the question. How long was the Lapras here?
Alice went and picked up the harpoon, being careful in how she handled it. For one thing, she was probably tampering with evidence (but hey, Lauren did it first!!!) and secondly, Alice didn't want the Lapras to think she was going to have another go at it. The rope was still attached to the item, and that along with the scorch marks was making her noggin hurt. Lapras didn't seem to be burned at all, so had the harpoon already sustained damage before it was used or was it just that the burn hadn't been enough to even show on the Lapras? It was part water type and naturally a tough Pokemon. So, maybe...?

What did she know? The trainer set the harpoon down after a bit, deliberating on what to do. It was a lead, however vague, but Alice had promised to stay put and she planned to adhere to her word. It didn't seem like long had passed. Lorin called for her, and Alice glanced up, seeing that the Pokemon wanted more to eat. She grinned. "Yeah? You hungry again? Well, we know you like something sweet. Gimme a second." She meandered over to her bag, crouching down to rifle through again. This time, Alice produced a Black Pokeblock, expression wavering. "I know it's bland, but here. I have nothing sweet left..." Alice explained awkwardly, "Lorin, could you ask Lapras what else it likes and help pick some things out? I don't want to feed it something that upsets it..." She explained, hand outstretched for the Pokemon. Lorin nodded, explaining himself to his fellow water-dweller as he waddled over to his trainer's bag to nose through. "Even pokefood would be fine, honestly."
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:41 PM   #188
Lil'twick
Grumpy Dad
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,900
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Meetan:

The Lapras ate the black Pokeblock, at this point not caring about its bland flavor. At this point it makes sense, the whole lot of you have been in the cave for a while. At this time you can start to see the sun setting. The water turned from a crystalline blue to a vibrant orange. Krabby could be seen emerging towards the front of the cave, and they started to blow bubbles. The bubbles drifted in and popped all around you, but they didn't feel harmful at all. It was pretty, considering the how simple it was. Though, you were here for quite a long time. Surely it wouldn't have taken Lauren this long to return, right?

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear. Lauren soon appeared at the front of the cove, looking uneasy. Before she can speak, you see another figure behind her. You hear a low, gruff voice, but can't discern what was being said. You then see an older man, and he shoves Lauren into the cove. You run over to her, hiding the harpoon within your clothes, and he looks at the both of you in disgust.

"Girly here said my prey was here. She wouldn't tell me but-" he shows his pistol, " I had a way to make her talk. Now listen here girls. Gimme that Lapras, and you don't get shot. Got it?"

Now this situation was a risky one, though at the very least that what happened. You could see a burn mark on the man's right arm. So his ship was the one that tried to poach the Lapras here. You take a quick glance at Lorin and the Lapras, and both of them are huddled together in fear. He had a gun, you had a pretty rusty spear and a Lotad. it would be a miracle if everyone got out of this unscathed.


Ironthunder:

The Combee looks at the ball, and gently taps it. The Pokeball flies out of your hand and plops onto the ground, wriggling in place. It shakes rapidly, as if the Combee is stuck between the decision of being captured or not. With one last shake, a red light emits from the ball and it lets out a loud noise. You go to pick it up, and examine it for a bit. The Pokemon didn't seem that it would be coming out unless you let it. A sort of... anti-climactic way to catch a new Pokemon, but it was still a new friend none the less.

Congratulations, you have caught a Lv. 7 female Combee!

With that all said and done, you wonder where Maie had gone. Smelling something delicious coming from the house, you go inside and see a giant pot simmering. The woman adds in honey you gathered, and turns the pot from a boil to a simmer. The sweet smell of herbs and spices wafts around the house. After a while, the sauce seems the be complete, and Maie begins to lather the meat with it. The sounds of meat being seared echoed through the house, and the offering was complete.

With the offering dish completed, Maie hands it to you. You're instructed to place it at the lake side, and sit next to it as the King eats it. Maie told you she would be in the distance in case things went awry. So you did as you were told, and put the plate on the shore. You waited as the ground started to tremble, and the Gyarados from yesterday looked at you with murder before seeing the plate.

The serpent bent down, and started to eat the plate. It looked at you while doing so, sizing you up. Giving a respectable grunt, the King of Orta Lake retreated back into the depths. After a few moments, the Pokemon returns with something in its maw. A pearl. How lovely.

"Those are worth about $400 at a Pokemart. I know it might not be enough to pay for a new tent. Anyways kid, you're done here. The king has been sated, and we can go back to our daily lives. Oh yeah here, some of the left over honey. Anyways, next time you're here, make sure you watch what both you and your teammates are doing," Miae yells out as she walks towards you. She then shakes your hand and pushes you towards the town. Your first adventure has come to an end, and there was more to explore in this word than the Minnao Islands.



Rewards:
1 Lv. 7 Female Combee
1 Pearl
1 Jar of Honey

With your nest post you are officially done with your adventure. Thank you for adventuring at the Islands~
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:54 AM   #189
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Meetan:

The Lapras ate the black Pokeblock, at this point not caring about its bland flavor. At this point it makes sense, the whole lot of you have been in the cave for a while. At this time you can start to see the sun setting. The water turned from a crystalline blue to a vibrant orange. Krabby could be seen emerging towards the front of the cave, and they started to blow bubbles. The bubbles drifted in and popped all around you, but they didn't feel harmful at all. It was pretty, considering the how simple it was. Though, you were here for quite a long time. Surely it wouldn't have taken Lauren this long to return, right?

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear. Lauren soon appeared at the front of the cove, looking uneasy. Before she can speak, you see another figure behind her. You hear a low, gruff voice, but can't discern what was being said. You then see an older man, and he shoves Lauren into the cove. You run over to her, hiding the harpoon within your clothes, and he looks at the both of you in disgust.

"Girly here said my prey was here. She wouldn't tell me but-" he shows his pistol, " I had a way to make her talk. Now listen here girls. Gimme that Lapras, and you don't get shot. Got it?"

Now this situation was a risky one, though at the very least that what happened. You could see a burn mark on the man's right arm. So his ship was the one that tried to poach the Lapras here. You take a quick glance at Lorin and the Lapras, and both of them are huddled together in fear. He had a gun, you had a pretty rusty spear and a Lotad. it would be a miracle if everyone got out of this unscathed.
Alice's expression once again lit up, happy to appease the Lapras. "Oh, good, you like it!" She remarked cheerily, although her expression faltered when Lorin began talking away to her. It was obvious he was trying to express something, stubby legs indicating towards the outside. At first she hoped to see Lauren, but then realised that a lot of time had passed. "Damn... Time flies when you're having fun." Her voice oozed sarcasm. Lapras must have been hungry. Quite frankly, the fact it wasn't dead was amazing enough.

"Oooh, Krabby! So kyuute!" The young woman crouched once more, admiring the bubbles that floated through the air. "Y'all look like my lil Kenji-kun, yes you do!" She hadn't brought him, though. Her orange menace was back at home for the moment. Alice spent time otherwise wandering and trying to keep warm, getting increasingly anxious until Lauren finally arrived. Something wasn't right, though. The guy would be 'not right' - shady as fuck, in fact.

"Oh, god, Lauren!" Alice ran over, Lotad beginning to follow. She took the other girl's hand, holding it comfortingly, tensing up at the sight of the gun. Lorin froze. Shit. She took a moment, stunned, mind racing. They had to figure this out safely, or they were all dead - Lapras included, probably. "Look, neither of us have caught Lapras. We were just trying to heal it up, or it'll probably die. We'll go over here, and we'll let you do whatever you want to do, and nobody gets hurt." She assured, and with that, Alice began to very slowly lead Lauren backwards with her. She kept her eyes on the armed villain, steps deliberate, only occasionally glancing back to make sure that she didn't trip them on anything. "Come on, mister. Come on. Over here." Alice added to her Lotad, who shakily obeyed, following his trainer's lead.

Alice had her thoughts, though. She let Lauren go, shaking too, and crouched down to seemingly pack up her bag of anything left out and apparently comfort Lorin. She scooped him up, kissing him as if to help them both, baby voice overexaggerated and babying and quiet. Tell the Lapras to dive. Use water pulse and seed bomb. If they could injure the gunner and drop him in the water, with or without use of the harpoon... The Sharpedo might have something to snack on after all.

A horrible fate, but she'd rather him than any of them. So. That was the plan.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:58 AM   #190
Lil'twick
Grumpy Dad
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,900
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Meetan:
You whisper your plan to Lorin, who seems to instantly understand what you're going for. You put the Lotad down, and go back to make sure Lauren was okay. The man didn't expect anything, and he started to walk towards the Lapras. At this point your Lotad was already back with its friend, telling the larger Pokemon of your plan. You could see the fear in the Lapras's eyes dissipate, and in return a sense of determination started to swell up in its eyes. It was ready to do what it needed to do.

"Ah, such a beauty," the man spoke, examining the Lapras. "You'll fetch a fine price for sure..."

It was time to put your plan into motion. As he got closer to the water's edge, you gave quick nod to Lorin. The Lotad tapped the Lapras, and it understood it's part. The Lapras dived under the water, shocking the man for a split second. At that point Lorin jumped up and assaulted his face with a point blank Seed Bomb. The explosive force of the seeds temporarily blinded the man, who started to flail around and stepping back from the water. Lorin continued his assault, giving the man a water pulse to the face. At that point he started to understand he was getting ganged up on, and tried wiping his eyes to get clearer vision. At this point every second mattered, or someone would get shot.

You ran up to the man, brandishing the harpoon. While it was a precautionary measure, as you got closer to him you realized you wouldn't be able to simply overpower him, even in this state. Just as you get close to him, he turns around to face you. You could see his face filled with fury, and he had a good idea of where you are. This was your only chance, and you thrust the harpoon towards him. BOOM! You feel a sharp pain in your abdomen, but at this point the adrenaline pumping through your veins makes it seem like a non issue. You see your mark hit true, and see the harpoon jutting out of his chest.

The man starts to stumble back into the water, and falls in. The Lapras reemerges, and uses it's head to propel the bleeding man towards the entrance of the cove. At this point you can see water start to ripple again, and the Sharpedo from before returns, happy that it's finally getting a meal. You hear the screams of the man as the Sharpedo devours him, tearing his body limb from limb. You decide to look onward, making sure that everyone else was okay. Seeing no one else unharmed, you smile before falling forwards. Everything fades to black.


~~~

You wake up to blinding light, and it takes a few moments to adjust to the lighting. Your side hurt immensely, and you meekly try looking around to see what was going on. As your vision cleared, you see Lauren peering over you, holding your Lotad in hand. The two of them had worrying expressions on their faces. You give them both a smile, and they look like they're flooded with relief.

"You were brave there Alice... A lot braver than I ever would've been," Lauren started to speak, setting your Lotad down next to you. "I was jumped by that man on the way to the Pokemon Center... Seemed he was tracking that Lapras for quite a bit. Anyways, after you passed out, the Lapras offered to put you on its back. I dragged you onto it, and the Lapras carried you to shore. It wouldn't let anyone touch you until I came back with the medics. The Lapras is now in the aquatic department of the Pokemon Center, and you're here on the island's hospital.. . It seems you've won over that Lapras's heart. You certainly have won over mine."

Hearing how the events transpired, you can't help but smile. Just one simple act of bravery was at times more than enough to win over a person or a Pokemon. Especially if you risk your life. Your nurse soon came in, and explained to you what had happened to you. At least, happened to your body. You were told to rest for a few weeks once you were given the clear to leave. It was miraculous in itself that the gun shot didn't cause more damage.

"Oh yeah, Alice, once you get given the clear, do you want to go see the Lapras?" Lauren asked.

It was certainly a question to ponder.

__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:35 PM   #191
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Meetan:
You whisper your plan to Lorin, who seems to instantly understand what you're going for. You put the Lotad down, and go back to make sure Lauren was okay. The man didn't expect anything, and he started to walk towards the Lapras. At this point your Lotad was already back with its friend, telling the larger Pokemon of your plan. You could see the fear in the Lapras's eyes dissipate, and in return a sense of determination started to swell up in its eyes. It was ready to do what it needed to do.

"Ah, such a beauty," the man spoke, examining the Lapras. "You'll fetch a fine price for sure..."

It was time to put your plan into motion. As he got closer to the water's edge, you gave quick nod to Lorin. The Lotad tapped the Lapras, and it understood it's part. The Lapras dived under the water, shocking the man for a split second. At that point Lorin jumped up and assaulted his face with a point blank Seed Bomb. The explosive force of the seeds temporarily blinded the man, who started to flail around and stepping back from the water. Lorin continued his assault, giving the man a water pulse to the face. At that point he started to understand he was getting ganged up on, and tried wiping his eyes to get clearer vision. At this point every second mattered, or someone would get shot.

You ran up to the man, brandishing the harpoon. While it was a precautionary measure, as you got closer to him you realized you wouldn't be able to simply overpower him, even in this state. Just as you get close to him, he turns around to face you. You could see his face filled with fury, and he had a good idea of where you are. This was your only chance, and you thrust the harpoon towards him. BOOM! You feel a sharp pain in your abdomen, but at this point the adrenaline pumping through your veins makes it seem like a non issue. You see your mark hit true, and see the harpoon jutting out of his chest.

The man starts to stumble back into the water, and falls in. The Lapras reemerges, and uses it's head to propel the bleeding man towards the entrance of the cove. At this point you can see water start to ripple again, and the Sharpedo from before returns, happy that it's finally getting a meal. You hear the screams of the man as the Sharpedo devours him, tearing his body limb from limb. You decide to look onward, making sure that everyone else was okay. Seeing no one else unharmed, you smile before falling forwards. Everything fades to black.


~~~

You wake up to blinding light, and it takes a few moments to adjust to the lighting. Your side hurt immensely, and you meekly try looking around to see what was going on. As your vision cleared, you see Lauren peering over you, holding your Lotad in hand. The two of them had worrying expressions on their faces. You give them both a smile, and they look like they're flooded with relief.

"You were brave there Alice... A lot braver than I ever would've been," Lauren started to speak, setting your Lotad down next to you. "I was jumped by that man on the way to the Pokemon Center... Seemed he was tracking that Lapras for quite a bit. Anyways, after you passed out, the Lapras offered to put you on its back. I dragged you onto it, and the Lapras carried you to shore. It wouldn't let anyone touch you until I came back with the medics. The Lapras is now in the aquatic department of the Pokemon Center, and you're here on the island's hospital.. . It seems you've won over that Lapras's heart. You certainly have won over mine."

Hearing how the events transpired, you can't help but smile. Just one simple act of bravery was at times more than enough to win over a person or a Pokemon. Especially if you risk your life. Your nurse soon came in, and explained to you what had happened to you. At least, happened to your body. You were told to rest for a few weeks once you were given the clear to leave. It was miraculous in itself that the gun shot didn't cause more damage.

"Oh yeah, Alice, once you get given the clear, do you want to go see the Lapras?" Lauren asked.

It was certainly a question to ponder.

Adrenaline was a beautiful thing. It was the kind of chemical that helped children lift trees and cars when desperate time called for desperate measures. For Alice, it had helped her to stab someone and cast their life into the hungry depths of Minnao's waters. She hadn't been able to look properly for more than a few seconds, seeing pure blue stained a deadly red, and instead cast her gaze over her new friends. Lauren and Lapras were fine. Lorin was crying, waddling towards her in a hurry. Alice tried to speak his name but it came out slurred, and the black spots in her vision swallowed her whole.

Everything assaulted Alice's senses. The beeping of the machines were aggravating, the flood of light and white aching her blue eyes; but at least the bed felt comfortable. Even the slightest motion seemed to niggle at Alice's side, sending shooting pains through her form. The blonde had to smile, though. Lauren was waiting, and again, the jolly Lotad was tearful with relief. He was careful where he moved on the bedsheets when set down, as the wrong step seemed to make his trainer grunt or hiss with agony.

"Yeah, I have that effect on people." Alice joked about having won over Lauren's heart, giving Lorin's underside a tickle after pulling him oh-so-carefully closer. It was good to know that Lapras trusted her, though, and that it hadn't all been for naught. "And yeah, I'd love to go and see the Lapras. Hopefully I'm able to move before it's able to swim away, yeah?" Alice strained, shifting to try and sit upright, requesting a cold glass of water (or huge bottle's worth - damn, getting shot was thirsty work!).
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:57 PM   #192
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 603
((These are the two updates I have so far, and I'm hoping to be able to use my next two days off to write the rest and wrap up these adventures succinctly before we close for good. I apologise for the delay, life's been mad but I know it isn't fair on the updatees who've depended on me and it's not a good excuse. Please try to enjoy what we have left of Minnao. ^^; ))

Lil'twick: Time really was of the essence, and it was dumb luck that you managed to take hold of a Poke Ball before the Frillish had you. Parker looked stunned at your plan, but the Mareep knew that it didn't have a choice. There was no time for an argument, and this was life and death. “Boy, are you mad?!” You could hear the protests of the sailors and fishermen around you, Yuke calling out with fright – and then you felt it.

Oh, she was pleased. The Frillish's arms reached for your arms and your shoulders, the ghost's terrifying face drawing ever closer to you. She was cold, eager, hungry; appendages slithering over skin and and fabric; the glow of her eyes beautiful and deadly. You were giving in, that made her happier, she could appreciate a surrender. One of the other men on the ship had shouted something, there was the sound of stomping as if he might try to intervene, but it's all just a fog of noise. How could you possibly focus on anything other than the beautiful gem that was about to claim your everafter?

And then, breaking you from the living nightmare, a wave of electricity broke a strangled sound from both of your throats. Both of you spasmed and then your body hit the deck, bringing the Frillish down with you, and she was livid. She turned from you, rage knowing no bounds, ready to punish Parker for their crime and then a shockwave finished her off. The shriek she made was equally haunting, seeming to echo inside your mind. You wanted to smash the Poke Ball in your hand onto the ghost, but you could hardly move your limbs. Thankfully, the sailor that had come to your aid took it from your frozen hand and hurled it at the fainted Frillish. The confirming sound of capture was instantly heard.

“Boy, that was far too reckless.” The man chided. He had a berry in his hand, which he was crushing so that the juices would slowly dribble into your mouth; strong arms holding you up to try and prevent you from choking. You could at least speak, although it would sound like the dentist had numbed you, and you could breathe and swallow. Already, the affects of the berry were beginning to counteract the paralysis, but it was a slow process, and once you were able to convey that you could chew, you were able to eat the rest of the berry and heal up. Parker had your Poke Ball, safe from rolling overboard. Yuke was at your side, teary.

Congratulations, you mad lad, you've captured a level ten female Frillish with the egg move constrict! Would you like to give that savage yandere a nickname?


EpicSquirtle: What was really less than ten minutes felt like eons to you, but that was how time passed for a worried parent, right? You were fearful for Leif, as one tended to be when faced with any kind of unknown. Then, when hope was teetering too low, your baby was returned to you. You managed to catch it, comforting the bug in its upset, but a bit of fire was returned to Leif when he realised you want to try being diplomatic. Are you serious? He literally just got kidnapped through bunches of trees and you're trying to negotiate? So much for love.

Benny tried to do as you asked, even though he was sceptical. It turned out that he was right to, because although the Pansage didn't seem to mean downright maliciousness it had no intention of returning what he had taken. In fact, he wanted your stuff, too, all tempting and shaking and ripe to be swiped! It looked like you were dealing with some kind of reckless kleptomaniac.

Its stance now firmly clear, the Pansage suddenly launched at Benny, his playing nice now over. It shrieked loudly enough to astonish both Leif and Benny, claws out ready to scratch the latter. Leif, meanwhile, was making some kind of racket in your arms. While you couldn't understand it, he was trying to make it clear to the Snover that the girl's bag had been left for 'safekeeping' up in one of the nearby trees but also that some of the inventory had been discarded if it was deemed useless. With everything going on, what do you do?
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:06 PM   #193
Lil'twick
Grumpy Dad
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,900
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Meetan- Being given the water bottle you requested, you hastily gulp it down to the best of your ability. There was some pain, of course, but the refreshing taste of the water more than made up for it. You could feel your body being revitalized from the liquid of life, and start to move to see better. Of course, Lauren and Lorin make sure you don't move too hastily, in case you reopen the wound in your side. With your answer in mind, and making sure that you're upright comfortably, Lauren leaves the room to fetch a nurse. When she comes back ,the nurse with her wheels in a wheelchair.

"You sure about this Ms. Hope?" The nurse asks and you give her a nod.

Lauren and the nurse start to slowly lift you up from the bed into the wheelchair. You can feel pain in your side, and grimace as they try their best to handle you. Soon you are gently sat into the wheelchair. You look at the nurse and Lauren, who are quietly whispering to each other. With a nod, the nurse leaves the room and soon you do as well, with Lauren pushing you and Lorin in your lap.

You make your way out of the hospital, and are told to be back within the hour. The streets of New Redford are hustling and bustling, from the various tourists and locals going about their daily business. Fresh seafood and fruit native to the isles, little charms and idols of Manaphy and other sea Pokemon, and even tours offering non-trainers a chance to explore the island all were in the street being sold the those walking by. Such was it was for a tropical island that primarily flourished on tourism. Busy, but exciting.

Soon, you arrive at the Pokemon Center and make your way through it. You tell the Nurse Joy you're here to see the Lapras, and she happily complies. you're led to a wide, open pool in the backyard of the Pokemon Center, and see your purple friend glistening in the sunlight. Unlike in the small cove, you could see the Lapras here in its true beauty. It perks up when it sees you, and happily swims over to where your wheelchair is parked.

The Lapras was in much better health than the last time you saw it. You could tell by its energetic gaze and happy cries. Its side looked better, with only a small scar showing where the harpoon was. The Lapras even lowered its head so it was looking right at you, and gave you a wide smile. It nudged you a bit, and then looked at Lorin. Did it... want to go with you?

"Seems that since you saved its life, and all of ours really... That it wants to go with you. What do you say?" Lauren asks. It was your choice.

"Oh, yeah, Alice, I also got you somethings too. Ass a way of saying thanks. Like I said, you saved my life as well... It was scary, being jumped out of nowhere and being forced to bring that man back. I'm glad you were there. I left the box in your hotel room, but I think you'll like what's inside. Two Love Balls, a Pearl String, and then a charm bracelet from the shop my mother runs. As a way of saying I'll always be your friend," Lauren continues with her little speech, sounding incredibly grateful. You were a hero in her eyes, after all.

Though in the end, all of this was your choice. Whether to capture the Lapras or not, it was up to you. All it would take would be extending a Poke Ball out towards it. Whatever your choice is, your adventure at the islands will be at an end after it. After you make your recovery you'll be sent back home. And even if you end up never coming back, the memories made on these islands will surely stay with you.



Rewards:
1 Lv. 12 Female Shiny Lapras
2 Love Balls
1 Pearl String
1 Charm Bracelet

Thank you for adventuring at the Minnao Islands. I hope you enjoyed your adventure. With your next post, you are officially done~
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:21 PM   #194
Lil'twick
Grumpy Dad
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,900
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
((These are the two updates I have so far, and I'm hoping to be able to use my next two days off to write the rest and wrap up these adventures succinctly before we close for good. I apologise for the delay, life's been mad but I know it isn't fair on the updatees who've depended on me and it's not a good excuse. Please try to enjoy what we have left of Minnao. ^^; ))

Lil'twick: Time really was of the essence, and it was dumb luck that you managed to take hold of a Poke Ball before the Frillish had you. Parker looked stunned at your plan, but the Mareep knew that it didn't have a choice. There was no time for an argument, and this was life and death. “Boy, are you mad?!” You could hear the protests of the sailors and fishermen around you, Yuke calling out with fright – and then you felt it.

Oh, she was pleased. The Frillish's arms reached for your arms and your shoulders, the ghost's terrifying face drawing ever closer to you. She was cold, eager, hungry; appendages slithering over skin and and fabric; the glow of her eyes beautiful and deadly. You were giving in, that made her happier, she could appreciate a surrender. One of the other men on the ship had shouted something, there was the sound of stomping as if he might try to intervene, but it's all just a fog of noise. How could you possibly focus on anything other than the beautiful gem that was about to claim your everafter?

And then, breaking you from the living nightmare, a wave of electricity broke a strangled sound from both of your throats. Both of you spasmed and then your body hit the deck, bringing the Frillish down with you, and she was livid. She turned from you, rage knowing no bounds, ready to punish Parker for their crime and then a shockwave finished her off. The shriek she made was equally haunting, seeming to echo inside your mind. You wanted to smash the Poke Ball in your hand onto the ghost, but you could hardly move your limbs. Thankfully, the sailor that had come to your aid took it from your frozen hand and hurled it at the fainted Frillish. The confirming sound of capture was instantly heard.

“Boy, that was far too reckless.” The man chided. He had a berry in his hand, which he was crushing so that the juices would slowly dribble into your mouth; strong arms holding you up to try and prevent you from choking. You could at least speak, although it would sound like the dentist had numbed you, and you could breathe and swallow. Already, the affects of the berry were beginning to counteract the paralysis, but it was a slow process, and once you were able to convey that you could chew, you were able to eat the rest of the berry and heal up. Parker had your Poke Ball, safe from rolling overboard. Yuke was at your side, teary.

Congratulations, you mad lad, you've captured a level ten female Frillish with the egg move constrict! Would you like to give that savage yandere a nickname?


All he could do was laugh. Laugh at the absurdity of what happened. He was mad. He knew he was mad. He had sacrificed a Beldum to the Elder Gods. He had back talked a wraith and escaped a gruesome end by beheading. He had no care for himself now. What he did worked. That's all that mattered to him. That his plan worked. Though, his battle fervor started to fade, and with it his adrenaline. He could feel the juices trickle down his throat, and the paralysis in his body start to fade.

"Mad? Of course I'm mad," he stated through stifled laughs. "Would a normal person risk their life on a gambit like that?"

The question hung in the air unanswered. Yuke was still crying at his side, while Wisp just gave him a worried gaze. He knew Wisp has seen his darkness. After all, Wisp has saved him from it multiple times. The teen had not a care now. His goal for this fishing trip was done. What he wanted to do was accomplished. He then bent over and retrieved the Pokeball of the Frillish from his Mareep's mouth. He already had a name for her. A siren who would tempt him to the bottom of the sea. Too bad his heart was stolen long ago.

"Lorelei."

That was the name he gave her. A fitting name for the Frillish. He didn't dare let her out now. She might finish what she started. No, he would get a not so hostile encounter with her later. All Austin wanted to do now was relax and listen to the ocean's waves. He laughed again, and went onto his back. He'd let the ocean take his mind away, and allow his body to rest. He'll be heading back to sea shortly after returning to the mainland, to go back home from Minnao. Yet, this was a fitting end to his little fishing trip at Minnao Islands. Where the sea breeze will take him next, who was to say?
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:28 PM   #195
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 603
Lil'twick: "Well, you've got me there." The sailor had to admit, backing off to give your group some space. He still stuck close, concerned for your wellbeing, but it seemed that you were done with the fishing part after that whole debacle. You had completed your mission of the day, after all, and to Yuke's relief the rest of the trip was spent just chatting with the fisherman, comforting your Pokemon and chilling out. Just because your heart was filled with darkness didn't mean that you couldn't bask in the sunlight.

Eventually, though, the getaway had to come to an end, and the ship once again docked. Instead of its previous, cloudless azure; the sky was now filled with pastel colours and blinding gold that streaked over the ocean waves. Yuke had to say goodbye to her Seel friend, another moment that was undoubtedly teary, and your Litwick joined you as you firmly shook the hands of your fellow seafarers. Lorelai was tucked away safely for now, to unleash her hell upon the world another time, and the cheery sailors gave you a few more bits and bobs for the trip. They hope that one day, if the opportunity arises, you might come and visit them again. Just, next time, try not to almost die?

Adventure Rewards:

1 x Level 10 Female Frillish w/ EM Constrict (Lorelai)
1 x Rare Candy
2 x Moon Balls
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:06 PM   #196
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 603
134: Your party decides to move onwards, the Chatot behind you still chanting its warnings. It felt like with every few steps the musical note sounds a little more terrified, and the Pokemon hesitated before deciding – from a fair distance – to flutter after you. You can tell it has your wellbeing in mind, which apparently Pouli did not. Pouli wanted to see the big fire.

The foliage rustled around you, twigs and stones and whatever else crunching underfoot. The closer to the smoke you grow, you begin to hear signs of other life – human life. They're chanting something of their own, whatever it is coming off as ominous like some sort of cult. Stealth was important, and you made a point to slow, stopping a little way back, but close enough to see. There was a good sized group – around nine people – gathered around a fire, and all draped in dark blue cloaks with straight red lines stitched into the fabric. At first, you thought they were speaking in tongues, but when you strained your ears, you realised that you could comprehend some of it. They were praying in Alolan... To Kyogre.

The Chatot, at this point, came barrelling into you, knocking you off your feet. It wasn't squawking, thankfully, but it was trying to whisper or hiss. Danger! Danger! However you react, when you eventually peered closer to the scene, you could see that two of the cultists had moved to a big stone formation and set a blue orb upon it. They were painting red lines. Pouli wasn't so sure that they were painting with paint.

What do you do?

-

Sandaa: You patted your Aipom on the head, praising Scurvy for a job done... Far too well, probably. You might want to keep an eye on that. As it was, the poachers had noticed you both, and things were about to get real. You told Masao to go and free his Drifblim while you once again step up and be a damn hero – but not with Trunks. The Phanpy looked terrified, and so you put your master thief on guard duty and decided to well... Drop a naturey bomb on them.

The poachers looked up, seeing the Luxury Ball burst through the bushes, causing the duo to halt their step. Then, in a brilliant flash of gold, out came your freshly-grown Torterra. His shadow loomed above them, and the villains screamed, letting out strings of curses as they tried to flee the landing zone. They managed, narrowly, the quaking of the area causing Pokemon to burst from the treetops and generally clear the area. That was probably for the best. Masao had used the chaos to rush unseen from your old hidey spot, trying to make it to Drifblim before its abductors could put to use any kind of getaway plan.

Listening to your orders, the grass type backs up a bit before the dirt begins to swirl beneath its big feet; the ground cracking and giving away to what basically looks like a spreading pool of quick sand. The ground is caving in a cone shape, and the poachers cried out as they were caught in it. “You motherfucker! Galvantula, get us out of this!” The man orders, throwing a Net Ball towards one of the trees. A huge electrical aracnid lands up in the branches and immediately spits forth a string shot, wrapping its trainer up and heaving. The woman had released her Skarmory at the same time, and it was yanking her from a grim fate. Torterra had this covered, of course, and was firing his seed bombs to impede progress, but the poacher would inevitably get out of the tomb at this rate. The other already had, and was settling himself into the tree.

“You think you're funny, asshole? Nobody's gonna find your body out here!” He shouted out, pointing at the Torterra, “Galvantula, disable its seed bombs and then use spider web to trap it! Then use poison sting!”

What do you do?
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:10 PM   #197
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams
 
EpicSquirtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
EpicSquirtle: What was really less than ten minutes felt like eons to you, but that was how time passed for a worried parent, right? You were fearful for Leif, as one tended to be when faced with any kind of unknown. Then, when hope was teetering too low, your baby was returned to you. You managed to catch it, comforting the bug in its upset, but a bit of fire was returned to Leif when he realised you want to try being diplomatic. Are you serious? He literally just got kidnapped through bunches of trees and you're trying to negotiate? So much for love.

Benny tried to do as you asked, even though he was sceptical. It turned out that he was right to, because although the Pansage didn't seem to mean downright maliciousness it had no intention of returning what he had taken. In fact, he wanted your stuff, too, all tempting and shaking and ripe to be swiped! It looked like you were dealing with some kind of reckless kleptomaniac.

Its stance now firmly clear, the Pansage suddenly launched at Benny, his playing nice now over. It shrieked loudly enough to astonish both Leif and Benny, claws out ready to scratch the latter. Leif, meanwhile, was making some kind of racket in your arms. While you couldn't understand it, he was trying to make it clear to the Snover that the girl's bag had been left for 'safekeeping' up in one of the nearby trees but also that some of the inventory had been discarded if it was deemed useless. With everything going on, what do you do?
Anna gritted her teeth as Pansage lunged at Benny, before letting out a loud shriek. She didn't need the Snover to tell her where the Grass Monkey Pokemon stood on the matter.

But if things weren't already bad enough, now Leif seemed to be joining in on the noise making. Was he scared, or was the Sewaddle trying to tell her something?
Luckily for Anna, she didn't have to wait long for an answer, for Benny was quick to translate the Bug type's words.

"The girl's bag...it's in one of the nearby trees!" The Snover called out, trying his best to remain as calm as he could while facing the Pansage.

The young woman nodded in response to Benny's words. She already had an idea of what she could do.

Alright..if it wants a battle so badly, then I guess I have no choice. Anna thought as she pulled out a regular Pokeball from her bag as quickly as she could.

"Amelia, you're up!" Anna called as she tossed the red and white ball in front of herself.
From the Pokeball materialized a rather happy looking Weepinbell, who glanced around at her surroundings with a rather confused look.

"Benny, I want you to use Powder Snow on Pansage! Amelia, help out Benny by using Sludge Bomb!" The young woman called to the pair of Grass types.

With her orders given to the two, Anna turned her attention to the Sewaddle in her arms. She was rather hesitant to even suggest what she was about to to Leif.
After all, the Sewaddle had just been sent flying through tree after tree...she was unsure if the Bug type would even be willing to leave her arms at the moment.

But she had to try. If her plan was going to work, if she was going to get the young girl's bag back, Anna needed everyone's help, Leif included.

"Leif, I want you to see if you can find that bag for me. While our thief over there is distracted." Anna explained.

"Waddle...." The Sewaddle muttered in response, a somewhat shocked look on his face. After what happened last time, Anna really wanted to send him back up into the trees?
For all they knew...there could be more of the demonic Grass Monkey Pokemon in the trees, just waiting to scoop him up!

But at the same time...Leif knew they couldn't just leave the girl's bag up there. Anna and the others weren't all that great at climbing trees either...

"Sew Sew." Leif nodded after a moment. The plan was worth a shot, the sewing Pokemon supposed. Not that he really had a choice in the matter.
One way or another, Anna would have gotten him to search for the bag. He was just simply saving them time.
__________________
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:04 AM   #198
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
Sandaa: You patted your Aipom on the head, praising Scurvy for a job done... Far too well, probably. You might want to keep an eye on that. As it was, the poachers had noticed you both, and things were about to get real. You told Masao to go and free his Drifblim while you once again step up and be a damn hero – but not with Trunks. The Phanpy looked terrified, and so you put your master thief on guard duty and decided to well... Drop a naturey bomb on them.

The poachers looked up, seeing the Luxury Ball burst through the bushes, causing the duo to halt their step. Then, in a brilliant flash of gold, out came your freshly-grown Torterra. His shadow loomed above them, and the villains screamed, letting out strings of curses as they tried to flee the landing zone. They managed, narrowly, the quaking of the area causing Pokemon to burst from the treetops and generally clear the area. That was probably for the best. Masao had used the chaos to rush unseen from your old hidey spot, trying to make it to Drifblim before its abductors could put to use any kind of getaway plan.

Listening to your orders, the grass type backs up a bit before the dirt begins to swirl beneath its big feet; the ground cracking and giving away to what basically looks like a spreading pool of quick sand. The ground is caving in a cone shape, and the poachers cried out as they were caught in it. “You motherfucker! Galvantula, get us out of this!” The man orders, throwing a Net Ball towards one of the trees. A huge electrical aracnid lands up in the branches and immediately spits forth a string shot, wrapping its trainer up and heaving. The woman had released her Skarmory at the same time, and it was yanking her from a grim fate. Torterra had this covered, of course, and was firing his seed bombs to impede progress, but the poacher would inevitably get out of the tomb at this rate. The other already had, and was settling himself into the tree.

“You think you're funny, asshole? Nobody's gonna find your body out here!” He shouted out, pointing at the Torterra, “Galvantula, disable its seed bombs and then use spider web to trap it! Then use poison sting!”

What do you do?
Despite the poachers various curses and threats, Gary felt pretty comfortable with his plan’s success at getting in their way. Terra was big enough for them to have their hands full, and the two poaches felt the need to resort to each summoning a Pokemon of their own against the Torterra. It was two against one, and even though the type advantage wasn’t in Terra’s favor, Gary wasn’t too worried. As the poachers struggled to free themselves from Terra’s sandy tomb, they issues orders to their Pokemon.

Gary stepped out to reveal himself as he listened intently to their strategies. On one hand, one poacher had sent out a Skarmory to assist in freeing them from the quicksand. ”Not if I can help it,” Gary thought before calling out, “Terra, ensnare that Skarmory with your Leech Seeds! That’ll take its mind off of its orders.” Gary felt if the giant metal bird had parasitic vines tied up in its feathers, maybe it wouldn’t be able to function very well.

Next, Gary turned his attention to the Galvantula that the other poacher sent out. They ordered for it to stop Terra in a giant Spider Web, which caused Gary to smirk. “Let it try. Cut through that web and then squash that spider under your heels with the strength to Climb Rocks!” Terra might not have had any attacks super effective against the electric arachnid, but Gary hoped the size difference in Terra’s physical attributes could fall into his favor. Terra listened to his trainer’s strategy and quickly nodded with a smile and called out, “Tor!”
__________________
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:15 PM   #199
134
Not gonna fight you.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The end of the line.
Posts: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
134: Your party decides to move onwards, the Chatot behind you still chanting its warnings. It felt like with every few steps the musical note sounds a little more terrified, and the Pokemon hesitated before deciding – from a fair distance – to flutter after you. You can tell it has your wellbeing in mind, which apparently Pouli did not. Pouli wanted to see the big fire.

The foliage rustled around you, twigs and stones and whatever else crunching underfoot. The closer to the smoke you grow, you begin to hear signs of other life – human life. They're chanting something of their own, whatever it is coming off as ominous like some sort of cult. Stealth was important, and you made a point to slow, stopping a little way back, but close enough to see. There was a good sized group – around nine people – gathered around a fire, and all draped in dark blue cloaks with straight red lines stitched into the fabric. At first, you thought they were speaking in tongues, but when you strained your ears, you realised that you could comprehend some of it. They were praying in Alolan... To Kyogre.

The Chatot, at this point, came barrelling into you, knocking you off your feet. It wasn't squawking, thankfully, but it was trying to whisper or hiss. Danger! Danger! However you react, when you eventually peered closer to the scene, you could see that two of the cultists had moved to a big stone formation and set a blue orb upon it. They were painting red lines. Pouli wasn't so sure that they were painting with paint.

What do you do?


Oh.

Zealots.

There weren't really zealots back home in Johto. There was crime, sure, highly organized and deeply problematic, but there weren't people doing terrible things in any real widespread way for sake of an ideological belief. No, only fashioned greed was the basis for most of the shit that went wrong in the twin regions. Tate was aware of zealotry, though. Tales of terrorism in other regions made it to the local news all the time. In fact, Tate had been a young teenager when Team Aqua and Team Magma had torn through Hoenn. Everyone had thought that when they warring factions had been disbanded, that had been the end of that particular flavor of madness. Evidently, they had been wrong.

Tate didn't really know much about the ideas of Team Aqua (or, by extension, Team Magma). Tate knew that in the Hoenn region, many people recognized three deity Pokémon which were said to control the weather. Tate knew one of them was Kyogre, a great sea-beast of blue, red, and white. Tate also knew -- through some rudimentary knowledge of the Alolan language -- that they were praying for something, and Kyogre -- Kioka in Alolan -- was definitely being name dropped.

And then a goddamn bird slammed into Tate, and for once it wasn't 'Uhane. Though the Rowlet definitely seemed to find the event funny, beak clicking softly in approval. Kai responded to her drowned trainer by trying to swat at the Chatot -- abusing Tate for chronic stupidity was her job. Pouli as pacing in an anxious circle all the while, whining quietly. How all the rustling didn't reveal their position was nothing less than a miracle. The Chatot was still hissing things about danger and such when Tate made it back to both feet. Under literally any other circumstances, a bird capable of relaying ideas using human speech would have been the Beedrill's fucking knees, but Tate was understandably distracted by cultists, and made a motion with one hand for the bird to shush.

"I believe you," Tate assured -- this definitely looked dangerous. A more reasonable person would have thrown up their hands, said 'Not my problem!' and walked right the fuck away. Tate was not reasonable. Tate had seem some shit, and was increasingly losing touch with what normal, reasonable people did, because normal, reasonable people had never been trapped in magic rocks or held captive by ghostly figures. Tate was getting used to taking the Tauros by the horns. "But we definitely have to stop... whatever this is."

But how?

Then Tate got an idea. An awful idea.
Tate got a terrible, awful idea.

"You two, up," Tate whispered, unclipping two Luxury Balls from a brown leather belt, and pointing them at 'Uhane and Pouli. They were returned to their capsules in a streak of light that Tate hoped the zealots wouldn't notice. Tate then winked at Kai, who had a profoundly bad feeling about this, and for good reason. A moment later, Tate turned, walking out of the brush and right into the clearing.

"Praise Kyogre!" Tate announced, throwing both hands up as Kai -- who Tate madly assumed would be street cred enough to pass for a cult member -- joined her trainer's side, every muscle in her powerful body tense with stress. They were going to die here.

__________________
134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:40 PM   #200
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 603
EpicSquirtle: Benny's translation skills always come in handy, and if you didn't have them, you'd probably spend your life clueless. Still, you didn't exactly need him to translate how the Pansage had felt about trying to make peace, and so you call on your newest ally to come to your aid. Weepinbell might have always looked cheerful, but that big smile of hers hid just how powerful she could be.

A double whammy, and it was super effective! The powder snow lodged itself into the monkey's grassy fur, and although it mostly dodged the sludge now hissing into the ground, some of it had splashed onto the Pokemon's legs and feet and done some harm. Now it was really upset, switching targets to Amelia as it leered at her, lowering the other's defences before it lunged, landing a bite on her stork and scratching mercilessly. Clearly she had decided that Amelia was the more deserving the target.

Meanwhile, Leif had used its string shot to pull itself back up into the canopy where it knew the bag sort-of was. He was scared and unhappy, but he knew that there was no point delaying the inevitable. So long as you managed to hold off that Pansage, that was one less of a potential endless list of predators to worry about. So, that in mind, what do you do?


Sandaa: The poachers were trying to move fast, but your mind was moving faster. Your first priority was to make sure that the woman remained stranded and suffering in the swirling sands, and Terra sees to that immediately. A seed was launched from its land-like body, which opened and unleashed lines of sapping vines and leaves that make it difficult for the Skarmory to keep aloft. “Arceus damnit-- Air cutter!” The woman yelled, and the screeching steel bird did its best to send scathing wind from its inhibited limbs. Already, your plan was coming apart like the Galvantula's webbing.

The woman screeched as the ground and sinking sands quaked with the force of Torterra's charge, the great behemoth charging from the ground towards the spider in the tree. “Holy shit! Galvantula, up in the air!” He called out, clumsily evacuating the tree. He dropped to the ground with force, grunting and groaning, but Galvantula had successfully dodged at least; beady eyes glowering at the grass-type. “Poison sting, and then camouflage yourself and jump at it with cross poison!”

This wasn't their first rodeo, and they were obviously used to dealing with sudden anomalies. A pin of poison is fired at Terra, and as the spider landed, it disappeared. The only clue to its whereabouts was rustling and motions in the foliage. In the distance, Masao had managed to unlock his Drifloon and was now seemingly patching the poor ghost up. Things are looking at least slightly in your favour, but that could change at any moment. What do you do?

134: Fizzytopia made Hoenn's old cult wars look tame sometimes, what with the madness that regularly occurred there. It felt like everyone seemed to have their own story of insanity, to the point that it was hard to disbelieve or discredit anything that came out of people's mouths. You had plenty of your own Farfetch'd sounding stories, and this would have been one of them, if not for the fact you were going to fucking die here.

How do you do, fellow cultists?! Praise Cthulu! The robed figures took pause, and although you couldn't see their faces, your thug lyfe dog could only imagine how scrunched up their faces probably were under their hoods. Even the ones painting their nice cult lines on the stones had stopped, hunched over, peering back at the two of you. A deadly silence took over the clearing. The Chatot who had tried to save your life couldn't be heard anymore. Maybe it realised it had just wasted precious minutes of its life on you and had flown to try and make the time up. You could ask Arceus before your grand descent into Hell, maybe.

The silence was broken as a few of the worshippers glanced at each other, murmuring lowly and again in Alola. The ones who had been painting their lines hastily returned to their duties. “Praise Kyogre!” One of the cloaked agreed loudly. It was a strong, feminine voice, “For the God of Water has received another sacrifice, here in our midst to offer their blood for the flood that will cleanse Minnao Isles of the parasites that feast upon its shores and waters!”

They started approaching slowly. One of them, if you look closely, is holding a rather big knife. Shit, fam. I think they mean you. What do?
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.