UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Trading

Old 10-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #101
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I actually have an Adamant 5V (-SpAtk) male Spinda already. And he has Trick, Wish, and Encore as Egg Moves. So if I want to breed Spinda, I'm already in a pretty good position and you needn't break your back any. So long as you trade me a Contrary female for me to work with, I can get a good Egg Move Spinda out of it with relatively little effort.

That stated, if you're in a position to easily add any of the following moves to that list, then it'd save me the trouble of doing so:
  • Baton Pass
  • Rapid Spin
  • Fake Out
Fake Out is probably the one I'd be most likely to use. Baton Pass seems pointless to me without Superpower to back it up. Rapid Spin is decent in theory but I don't even use my old Rapid Spin Starmie anymore in OU, the entry hazards have become so rare. So yeah, all three are good but I guess if I had to pick one to round out my earlier set of Egg Moves (Encore, Wish, Trick), it would probably be Fake Out.
Update: I was in the middle of breeding a Chespin when I asked you. I'm now working on Spinda for you. I have the egg moves you asked for plus Assist because I'm gonna go forward and breed one/some for myself with those same egg moves. I'll let you know when I get something decent. Oh yah, female Adamant Contrary also. Regular Pokeball.
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #102
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Okay. What did you want to trade for her? I admit to not having bred much since stalling on trying to get this one very specific Honedge from my current breeding stock. What I have listed in the OP post is a good representation of what I still have.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #103
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

I would like a Male Froakie. I'd like a decent Water 1 group daddy to breed a Squirtle. He doesn't have to have a Hidden Ability or Egg moves.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #104
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Got her ready. Adamant Contrary 5 IV female with Baton Pass, Rapid Spin, Fake Out, and bonus move Assist. The Purrloin I used for Fake Out and Assist just happened to be Adamant.

Started my next project, which is also Honedge (Shadow Sneak and Destiny Bond).
Old 10-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #105
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
Got her ready. Adamant Contrary 5 IV female with Baton Pass, Rapid Spin, Fake Out, and bonus move Assist. The Purrloin I used for Fake Out and Assist just happened to be Adamant.

Started my next project, which is also Honedge (Shadow Sneak and Destiny Bond).
I've bred you a 5V (missing Atk) Froakie, male, no egg moves, with Protean. When did you want to trade?
Old 10-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #106
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:
I've bred you a 5V (missing Atk) Froakie, male, no egg moves, with Protean. When did you want to trade?
Sweet. I can't guarantee if I'll be available tonight, but I will be available after 9pm E tomorrow. Then any time on Sunday.

EDIT: Ok, I have some time now. I thought I was going to be busy as soon as I got home, but that didn't happen.

Last edited by jolteonjak; 10-09-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #107
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Trade completed. Also, this means that everyone who has been trying to get a female Contrary Spinda for me needn't suffer any longer!

Right now, I have a 31/31/31/0/31/0 Brave Honedge and a 31/31/31/31/31/0 Calm Honedge. I'm breeding them in the hopes of getting a 31/31/31/31/31/0 Brave. Why 31/31/31/31/31/0 instead of 31/31/31/0/31/0? I dunno, just to make it easier to breed in the future even though I already have the Calm 31/31/31/31/31/0 and she's female, don't ask me >.>. Once I get that, there're a lot of different directions I might go in.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #108
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

I'm shooting for a Brave Honedge too. I want Destiny Bond on mine though.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #109
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Yeah, no Destiny Bond here. I'm just looking to replicate my halfway decent VGC Aegislash who has Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Iron Head, and King's Shield. I'll probably want to make a ToxicStall one later for WiFi Singles but my Singles team has been Smogon OU-legal for as long as I can remember and so with Aegislash banned the motivation to breed more Honedge right now isn't big.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:38 AM   #110
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Does anybody here have a 5V or 6V female of the following?
  • Oshawott w/ Shell Armor
  • Elekid w/ Vital Spirit
  • Sewaddle w/ Chlorophyll
  • Snivy w/ Contrary
  • Cyndaquil w/ Flash Fire
Ideally they come in an ordinary PokéBall. The Elekid's HA requirement is only because I'd rather have access to it than not; obviously Motor Drive is way better in most instances.

I have lots of 5Vs and a few 6Vs on hand for trade. Creatures with easy 5V access or present surplus:
  • Togepi (Serene Grace)
  • Ralts (Trace)
  • Starly (Reckless)
  • Litwick (Infiltrator)
  • Pichu (Lightning Rod)
  • Minccino (Skill Link)
  • Espurr (Competitive when Meowstic-F)
  • Smoochum (Dry Skin)
  • Froakie (Protean)
  • Bagon for Doubles (Intimidate when Salamence)
  • Charmander Y (Blaze)
  • Fletchling (Gale Wings)
  • Swinub (Thick Fat)
  • Deino (Levitate when Hydreigon)
  • Joltik (Compound Eyes)
  • Rotom (Levitate)
  • Paras (Dry Skin)
  • Staryu (Natural Cure)
  • Larvitar (Guts)
Old 11-09-2015, 06:17 PM   #111
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Would anybody here be willing to get me a second 6V Ditto? ^^; I realize it might be a lot to ask, but I'd like to get a Jolly 6V to balance the Timid 6V I already have.

I saw that Reddit has a Ditto giveaway channel, but the Dittos there all have fixed names. You're not allowed to ask for one with a custom name. That won't work for me as I have a name I'm set on that I want my 2nd 6V Ditto to have.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #112
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The Ditto request from last year can be taken off the list.

Here is my current list of creatures to which I have easy 5V or 6V access. In other words, their fully-evolved forms are all creatures which I have already bred for my own personal use! Creatures are arranged in alphabetical order by hatchling name:
  • Bagon | Rock Head | Naughty
  • Bulbasaur | Chlorophyll | Modest
  • Charmander | Blaze | Timid, Jolly
  • Deino | Hustle | Modest, Timid
  • Elekid | Static, Vital Spirit | Jolly
  • Espurr | Own Tempo | Timid
  • Feebas | Swift Swim | Bold
  • Fennekin | Magician | Timid
  • Ferroseed | Iron Barbs | Brave, Relaxed, Sassy
  • Flabébé | Flower Veil | Bold
  • Fletchling | Gale Wings | Adamant
  • Froakie | Protean | Timid
  • Gastly | Levitate | Timid
  • Geodude | Sturdy | Adamant
  • Honedge | No Guard | Quiet, Brave
  • Joltik | Compound Eyes | Timid | HP:Ice
  • Lapras | Shell Armor | Adamant
  • Larvesta | Flame Body | Modest
  • Larvitar | Guts | Jolly, Relaxed
  • Litwick | Infiltrator | Timid
  • Magikarp | Swift Swim | Jolly
  • Mawile | Intimidate | Adamant
  • Mudkip | Torrent | Adamant, Brave
  • Minccino | Skill Link | Jolly
  • Oshawott | Torrent | Adamant
  • Paras | Dry Skin | Brave
  • Petilil | Own Tempo, Chlorophyll | Modest, Timid | HP:Rock, HP:Fire
  • Pichu | Lightning Rod | Timid | HP:Ice
  • Pidgey | Keen Eye | Timid
  • Ralts | Trace | Bold, Modest, Timid
  • Rotom | Levitate | Calm
  • Sewaddle | Chlorophyll | Jolly
  • Smoochum | Dry Skin | Timid
  • Snorlax | Thick Fat | Careful
  • Solosis | Magic Guard | Bold, Quiet
  • Squirtle | Torrent, Rain Dish | Bold (Torrent only), Calm
  • Starly | Keen Eye, Reckless | Adamant
  • Staryu | Natural Cure | Timid
  • Swablu | Natural Cure | Impish
  • Swinub | Thick Fat | Jolly
  • Togepi | Serene Grace | Modest, Bold, Calm
  • Weedle | Shield Dust | Jolly
  • Zigzagoon | Pickup | Jolly (no ExtremeSpeed)
This list sure has grown a lot since the last time I updated it! The past year has seen me more than double my total number of competitive Pokémon, with a good third of them coming from activity over the last two months alone. I currently have ninety-two fully EV-trained, 5V or 6V Pokémon with competitive natures and movesets. And that figure only includes bred Pokémon: it doesn't include Latios or Rayquaza from Omega Ruby, both of whom I soft reset for until I was lucky enough to get ones with the desired natures and good IV spreads.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:43 PM   #113
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

What are you looking for? There are some things I might want but idk if you want what I have tonoffer
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 04:00 PM   #114
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
What are you looking for? There are some things I might want but idk if you want what I have tonoffer
I have gotten to a point in my breeding career where I'd occasionally just like to help friends and peers with no expectation of anything in return. Can't do it always. Don't have the time. But when the mood strikes and the time is available -- like right now -- then I honestly don't mind withdrawing Pokémon from the PC, plopping them in the daycare, and biking around a bit for a friend if it will help them out.

As far as requests go, my biggest need right now is actually a dank meme Damp Mudkip. I keep seeking one on the GTS, and no matter what I put (or don't put) in my message box my trademons keep getting sniped by players who trade to me a 0V or 1V Mudkip with a poor nature and Torrent. That's one of my big hopes for Gen 7, btw: a GTS with more robust filtering options, not just for players scouring existing deposits but also for players making a deposit. Let me stipulate more than just the level and the gender, please. -.-

Aside from that ... I dunno ... my next few breeding projects I already have lined up. Dratini (5V parents with egg moves), Zubat (4V parent with egg moves), etc. Oh, I know! I don't think I have a Wonder Guard Clefairy yet. Or any Clefairy, actually. But Wonder Guard's my personal preference over Unaware. (Unaware's neato too!)

I have spare Electirizers and tons of spare Sun Stones and Moon Stones. If there are any items you have spares of ... rare berries, for example, or perhaps some battle items if you're drowning in BP ...

If nothing I've indicated interest in is something you have, don't worry. Go ahead and field one or two requests for what you'd like. We can just trade for a random crapmon. (I should clarify that I don't take requests for genders. At least not with females that have odds of less than 1 in 2, like the starters or Togepi. You're on your own for that. I HAD TO!)
Old 07-14-2016, 12:56 AM   #115
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Quote:
I have gotten to a point in my breeding career where I'd occasionally just like to help friends and peers with no expectation of anything in return. Can't do it always. Don't have the time. But when the mood strikes and the time is available -- like right now -- then I honestly don't mind withdrawing Pokémon from the PC, plopping them in the daycare, and biking around a bit for a friend if it will help them out.

As far as requests go, my biggest need right now is actually a dank meme Damp Mudkip. I keep seeking one on the GTS, and no matter what I put (or don't put) in my message box my trademons keep getting sniped by players who trade to me a 0V or 1V Mudkip with a poor nature and Torrent. That's one of my big hopes for Gen 7, btw: a GTS with more robust filtering options, not just for players scouring existing deposits but also for players making a deposit. Let me stipulate more than just the level and the gender, please. -.-

Aside from that ... I dunno ... my next few breeding projects I already have lined up. Dratini (5V parents with egg moves), Zubat (4V parent with egg moves), etc. Oh, I know! I don't think I have a Wonder Guard Clefairy yet. Or any Clefairy, actually. But Wonder Guard's my personal preference over Unaware. (Unaware's neato too!)

I have spare Electirizers and tons of spare Sun Stones and Moon Stones. If there are any items you have spares of ... rare berries, for example, or perhaps some battle items if you're drowning in BP ...

If nothing I've indicated interest in is something you have, don't worry. Go ahead and field one or two requests for what you'd like. We can just trade for a random crapmon. (I should clarify that I don't take requests for genders. At least not with females that have odds of less than 1 in 2, like the starters or Togepi. You're on your own for that. I HAD TO!)
> Wonder Guard
Magic Guard, you mean?

> Damp Mudkip
I might be able to supply one.

Spoiler: show

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:31 AM   #116
Selena
Aroma Lady

Any chance you have a helioptile with it's hidden ability? Female in luxury ball would be preffered if you do. In return I can breed you most stuff. But hidden abilities wich are event or friendzone exclusive I can not (hence my request for hidden ability helioptile).

Can get you a hidden ability Chespin though if interested.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:23 AM   #117
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena View Post
Any chance you have a helioptile with it's hidden ability? Female in luxury ball would be preffered if you do. In return I can breed you most stuff. But hidden abilities wich are event or friendzone exclusive I can not (hence my request for hidden ability helioptile).

Can get you a hidden ability Chespin though if interested.
I haven't bred any Helioptile, sorry. Even if I had, I tend to de-custom ball Pokémon, as I like to have all of my Pokémon in PokéBalls (most) or Premier Balls (catchable legendaries).

I'd consider picking up the project, but right now's a really bad time, I'm afraid. I'm going to be pretty busy for the next 6-9 weeks with breeding projects of my own, and then again after Sun and Moon come out.

Some possible and some confirmed spoilers for Sun and Moon below. I say "possible" because I am trying my best to avoid Gen 7 spoilers, but I deliberately looked this one thing up the other day and I think it's legit.

With X and Y, we had the arrival of the blue pentagon. Both VGC tournaments and Battle Spot rated play forbade the use of any Pokémon which hadn't either been caught in Kalos or else hatched in Kalos. This led many people to speculate about the future of Pokémon.

Fast forward to 2016 and the impending release of Pokémon Sun and Moon. Lots of people, myself included are wondering: will our Kalos-bred, Kalos-caught Pokémon be VGC and Battle Spot legal in Gen 7? Or will we have to start all over again, with Pokémon that are newly caught or hatched in Alola?

Well I went looking for answers. And I found this:

Fans noticed that there is a + mark located where, in XYORAS, the blue pentagon can be found. This has led players to speculate that it is the new marking in Gen 7 for Alola-born Pokémon.

(click for full size)

In this screenshot of the announced custom tournaments feature, you can clearly see a row labeled "Eligible Pokémon". And at the end of that row, you can see the selection option named, "Limited to Pokémon obtained in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon". This implies that not only will the Gen 7 games have a way of tracking whether Pokémon are Alola-born or not, but that Game Freak and TPCi both care about this.

Long story short? I'm going to have to re-breed my entire competitive team all over again. orz

Given this, I'm doing my future self a favor by manually "cloning" (i.e. re-breeding) all of my so-called "breeding seeds." Breeding seeds are basic stage Pokémon that I keep on hand even after I am done breeding competitive Pokémon. For example, my final Charizard might be a 5V and have the moves Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, and Dragon Dance, but I still have a 5V or 6V baby Charmander who knows the Egg Moves Ancient Power, Outrage, Belly Drum, and something else. I keep the "breeding seed" on hand so that, in case I ever regret having deleted Outrage or Belly Drum or other unrecoverable Egg Moves, I can always re-breed a Charmander with the greatest of ease and start from scratch.

Okay. Cool. "So you already have all these breeding seeds, Talon," I can hear you saying. "Soooo ... why are you busy again? " I'm busy because I'm obsessive. ^^; orz I'm busy because the plan has always been, from the start, to leave these breeding seeds behind in XYORAS. My thinking was:
  • I will bring my competitive mons with me to Alola
  • I will leave breeding seeds behind in XYORAS on purpose, so that I can "repopulate the earth" of Kalos-Hoenn if I should ever so decide to play XYORAS again in the future
The odds that I'll do this, based on personal history, are less than 1 in 1000. But I like to plan for these contingencies. Otherwise I lose sleep at night.

So now, with the revelation that my XYORAS competitive mons won't be worth anything in Sun and Moon, the new plan is as follows:
  • leave my competitive mons behind in XYORAS. No point in bringing them to Hawaii when I can't even play with them.
  • also leave my first batch of breeding seeds behind in XYORAS. That way I can always "repopulate the earth", make corrections to sets, etc. as necessary in those games.
  • create a second batch of breeding seeds, and bring these with me to Hawaii
  • once I beat the game after the November 18 release of Sun and Moon, take these breeding seeds and use them to re-create all 93 of my currently-on-hand competitive Pokémon
It's gonna suck. But it's gonna suck a whole heck of a lot less than if I were to put this off until November. When November comes, I want to hit the ground running. I want to have all 60 or so of my breeding seeds ready, on hand, so that I can just plug them in to the daycare along with a 6V Ditto and recreate 5V or 6V babies of all of my Gen 6 competitive treasures. And then EV train them real fast, up-level them real fast, and basically recreate my Gen 6 collection. If I have the breeding seeds already on hand by November, then the way I see it is, it should only take me a couple of months max to get all 93 back again. The hard work (getting five or six 31s, getting the right nature, getting the right ball, getting the right egg moves, getting the right ability), all of that will have already been done. All I'll have to do is just ... roll the dice and hope for odds of less than 1 in 20 per specimen that I get a 5V baby with the same gender, ability, and IVs as the parent. Shouldn't take too long, shouldn't be too bad. Still gonna suck. :\ But shouldn't be too bad.

I've done the math, and the way I see it is, if I have roughly 60 or so seeds to recreate for the purpose of exporting them to Sun and Moon, then it'll take me roughly six weeks to complete this first phase of the project if I breed roughly 10 breeding seeds per week. (Five breeding seeds per day off work, and zero on days I work.) That means that if we count this week, the last week of August, as the first week in Phase 1 ... then I'm estimated to be done with Phase 1 by around the end of the first week of October. That gives me a nice safety net in case some weeks are less fortunate than others (stupid RNG ) and I don't manage to get 10 breeding seeds finished in time. I should have all my breeding seeds done by November 18. And then, from November 18 to (say) December 1, I'll be playing Story Mode. And then from (say) December 1 to February 1, I'll be re-creating all of my precious partners.

If I have a window of opportunity between the end of Phase 1 and the release of Sun and Moon on November 18, I'd be happy to look into this for you. (Minus the Luxury Ball part. You're on your own for that. ) But to be honest, I think you'll have better chances of getting what you're looking for somewhere else long before that date rolls around.

Try the GTS. Put up some Pokémon for trade that is not a starter but is popular both casually and competitively (e.g. Togepi, Ralts, Honedge, Mawile) and ask for a Helioptile in exchange. Specify in the text box "H.A. only please" or something similar. Keep generating these trades on the GTS until somebody gives you a Helioptile with its Hidden Ability. This approach usually doesn't succeed on the first pass but it also usually doesn't take more than ten tries. There's usually some fellow competitive player and/or breeder who is on the GTS looking for what you're offering and who has what you're asking for. You've just got to pair up with them before the mewling masses of idiot selfish children can snipe your Pokémon for a generic wild Helioptile with its standard ability.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:30 AM   #118
Selena
Aroma Lady

I can breed the thing myself. The only issue is getting the parent since friend safaris are evil incarnate. I can wait till you get around to it (or take some extra effort in obtaining a parent and I breed you something saving you that effort) since Helioptile is such a scarcely used pokemon there are only a grand 2 in the GTS, and getting a HA is nigh impossible due to the effort required to get it.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Old 08-25-2016, 10:51 AM   #119
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

It wouldn't surprise me if breeding got even easier in Gen 7. Gen 6 took steps to make it trivial to EV train your guys and breeding mechanics are much better.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:20 PM   #120
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
✓ Helioptile
✓ female
✓ Modest
✓ Solar Power ability
✓ 31/--/31/31/31/31 IVs
✗ in an ordinary PokéBall

Your Helioptile (or as near to it as I am willing to get you :p ^^; ) is ready. I am not playing too much right now, preferring to read and watch TV instead, but just let me know some times that might work for us to trade and I'll see what we can do.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:26 AM   #121
Selena
Aroma Lady

Around 8-9 pm British time should work. i'll pm you when I see you online. What do you want for it btw?

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 09-05-2016, 08:20 AM   #122
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Around 8-9 pm British time should work. i'll pm you when I see you online. What do you want for it btw?
That one won't work tonight or tomorrow, but it should work Wednesday.

I don't need anything in particular right now. If you should just so happen to have a 5V Tyrunt with its hidden ability, then cool, but otherwise don't worry.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:29 PM   #123
Selena
Aroma Lady

I can probably get you an 5 IV Tyrunt, but no HA. And yes Wednesday is fine.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 09-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #124
Selena
Aroma Lady

Trade completed given you a 6IV Adamant Pinsir since I got that one double. Sorry that it's not a regular pokeball though:P

thanks for the Helioptile.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 05-22-2018, 07:35 PM   #125
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Oshawott can now learn Sacred Sword as an Egg Move, and I haven't given up hope that one day they will retype Samurott from mono-Water to Water/Fighting. So! With that hopeful optimism in mind, I'm trying to produce a breeding seed Oshawott who in addition to having the right nature and great IVs will also have Sacred Sword as an Egg Move.

Can anyone help me with this?

I either need someone to trade me an Oshawott who already knows the move (score!) or else trade me a Smeargle who does (okay!) ... or else temporarily trade me a Muskedeer who knows Sacred Sword so that I can use it in a cartridge Doubles battle alongside a Smeargle of my own and have that Smeargle sketch Sacred Sword (least ideal but I'll take it!) ... or else I can trade you the Smeargle and you can use it in a Doubles match to teach Sacred Sword to it from a partner Muskedeer (I actually prefer this to the last one, believe it or not). Whatever works. Just let me know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Trading