UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 04-25-2016, 02:37 PM   #51
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkbeat View Post
I think it's more about consistency with the games than anything else. The majority of Western viewers are probably people who have played the games, and I'd say it's very likely the subbers are fans of them as well. Western know the characters by their English names, and probably have become attached to Maya's affinity for burgers, among other things of that nature. The subs are basically acting as if they're a dub script rather than being a true translation.
This.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:54 PM   #52
Heather
Naga's Voice

Interesting note on rice balls with Pokemon, fact is WWII era, rice ball was a derogatory term for Japanese people. Given that 4Kids is usually much more careful about what flies by their radar, it may be that they simply didn't want to risk stirring anything if that sort. The solution, it's a donut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:16 PM   #53
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles Fowl II View Post
Interesting note on rice balls with Pokemon, fact is WWII era, rice ball was a derogatory term for Japanese people. Given that 4Kids is usually much more careful about what flies by their radar, it may be that they simply didn't want to risk stirring anything if that sort. The solution, it's a donut.
Could have been a perfect educational opportunity to teach western kids about foreign food and just called it Onigiri. But at the same time, I do understand why they made the decision to not do this.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:00 PM   #54
deoxys
Fog Badge

God this anime is so bad

It's actually not super-terrible for being an adaptation of Ace Attorney for Ace Attorney fans, but it isn't that good either. And for non-Ace Attorney fans looking to jump in with the anime, I'm afraid all this is going to do is turn them off from the series completely. From the perspective of someone who hasn't played the games, the pacing, humor, and plot are all... shit. And the 6.45 rating from roughly 8,600 MAL users solidifies that.

And it really pains me to say that.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:45 PM   #55
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Personally I rather enjoyed the latest episode. I thought the pacing was fine, even if they're doing the DR thing by breezing through investigations to get to the trial. And the humor actually worked IMO.

Spoiler: show
Cute to see the "hitting one's head against the glass in gratitude" is becoming a running gag. Only in Japan. =)

Maya is always a bright spot as well, and of course Wendy Oldbag is great. XP

As for the plot, I was actually kinda on the edge of my seat by the cliffhanger ending. Since I hardly remember anything about the early cases, I'm sorta surprised by the twists and turns in this one. Honestly I have no idea who the culprit is at this point, so no spoilers!

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 05-04-2016 at 07:17 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:22 PM   #56
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Two-thirds through Episode 05 and we just got to hear the original nickname that became "Edgey" in the West:

... Micchan. Love it. x3

Also: interesting how they don't call the Steel Samurai the full word samurai originally.

Disappointed by how utterly condensed Case 3 Day 1 became. Inevitable given the format, but disappointing. Probably takes between 1 and 2 hours just to explore the studio grounds on Day 1, before even setting foot in court. Then the first round of court is probably another 1 to 2 hours. Let's round down and say it adds up to 2 total hours for all of Day 1. We still didn't get that. One twenty-minute treatment for six twenty-minute chunks' worth of game time.

Go play the games, folks. Show is amusing for me as an existing fan but is the Deen UBW movie all over again as far as following the plot goes.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:36 PM   #57
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
As for the plot, I was actually kinda on the edge of my seat by the cliffhanger ending.
The ending (last 30-60 seconds) was done rather well. I too was excited and holding my breath. Though I remember the case well, the music, voice acting, and animation all came together to get me excited.

I remember who the culprit is, but I didn't remember when I played the game for the second time a long time ago. So I share that experience of excitement and rediscovery with you too, though we're separated in time and medium.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:07 PM   #58
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Episode 06 continues the trend of being entertaining but inferior to the source material. To the writing team's credit, it's a tough task to condense a multi-hour plot into only 75 minutes, and several of the changes the team made to the story deserve polite nods for effectively achieving this goal. There are also a few cute made-for-TV mini-changes that I rather liked! But some of the other changes I'm less thrilled about, and by episode's end I am left scratching my head wondering -- why does an anime that likely has more than seven episodes after Case 2 is finished insist on telling Case 3 in only three?

It's possible that this anime intends to adapt the bonus case from the DS game, the one featuring the Skye sisters. If it does that, then the rushed pace of Case 3 might make more sense:
  • Case 1: one episode
  • Case 2: three episodes
  • Case 3: three episodes
  • Case 4: three episodes
  • Case Bonus: two to three episodes
That would give us a 12-episode or 13-episode series, depending on Case Bonus's length, which fits within the realm of probability for this series. But that's the thing: I was always expecting Cases 3 and 4 to be bigger / to require one extra episode over Case 2, and so my thinking had been since the conclusion of Case 2:
  • Case 1: one episode
  • Case 2: three episodes
  • Case 3: four episodes
  • Case 4: four or five episodes
This, again, would give us our 12 to 13-episode series while allotting time to each case proportional to its in-game length. Case 3 is slightly longer than Case 2, and Case 4 is slightly longer than Case 3, so we need one additional episode for each case in order to tell the story adequately. Or at least as adequately as we did 2's.

With them rushing Case 3 to its conclusion by next week's episode, now we're looking at Case 4 starting with Episode 08 ... and that means that even if this is only an 11'er, which is kinda uncommon, we're only getting four episodes for Case 04 and that's it. It should work, and it may even be Capcom's plan. But part of me wonders if they're instead planning for a 13'er and we're going to get a super-rushed Case 4 to make room for an also-rushed Case 5 a.k.a. the bonus case.

So let's talk about the episode.

I felt sorry for poor Oldbag when she fell and knocked her face against the asphalt.

Then they went and had Phoenix fall head first into a drain. I was musing over the connection with the previous Oldbag scene but didn't have long to think -- Maya starts shoving Phoenix's butt and Phoenix starts begging Maya to pull him out! That was a pretty adorable scene. I enjoy seeing "the adorkable duo," and even if this is original content made for television I can still enjoy it just fine.

Cody's interrogation is migrated from the courtroom to the studio. I think you can make the argument for either setting making more sense, to be honest, and since the anime isn't restricted by game functions the way the video game is it makes sense that they'd change the setting if it better suited their time-saving interests.

I don't remember Phoenix pulling an all-nighter watching Steel Samurai films in the video game but that could just be because it's etched into your memory better when you actually see him the morning after than it would be reading plain text. I dunno. If this is in the game, cool. If it's not, this gets another nod for being perfectly fine OC that helps the writing team to speed things along re: why Phoenix would know the right things to say to Cody to get him to confess.

It may just be prior knowledge, but I feel like the anime makes the culprit more obvious earlier than the game does. Spoilers?

(I feel like Episode 06 does a perfectly good job of establishing that Dee Vasquez is the villain, particularly by episode's end and ESPECIALLY if you watch the sneak peek for Episode 07, but whatever.)

In the video game, Vasquez is mysterious and is certainly a suspect but she isn't sirens-blaring "WOO OO! WOO OO! WOO OO! CULPRIT FOUND! CULPRIT FOUND!" obviously the villain, I think, until Phoenix confronts her at Studio 2's lot again and then gets surrounded by her suits. In the anime, on the other hand, I feel like the moment we formally meet Dee it's pretty clear that out of all the introduced characters she is the likeliest to have killed Hammer given her demeanor and appearance and everything else.

The director is creepy as ever. ^^;

I really liked the anime's played-up attention to Oldbag at the very end there, with her agonizing over doing "the right thing." I feel like this is weakly in the game but the anime explores it more frequently and, by virtue of being an anime, more prominently. The music, the animation, it all helps you feel for Wendy Oldbag and her difficult decision over termination for doing what's right (and possibly even worse, facing retaliation) or keeping her job while shielding a murderer.

My biggest complaint with this story arc's adaptation is how much content got cut. Not just changed, but flat out cut. We're missing an entire character (the young glasses girl who works there; she had a brief voiceless cameo in one shot last episode), we're missing an entire venue (the trailer, where we see how the actors ate in the dining room and how Cody snuck into the park), we're missing a lot of backstory about Hammer and Powers ...

That's probably the biggest one of all, to be honest. The missing backstory for Hammer and Powers. While it's likely to arrive in condensed form next episode, the fact of the matter is that gamers got to learn piece by piece about Hammer's and Powers' working relationship, their respective histories, etc. If you're watching the anime right now, I feel like you still have absolutely NO IDEA why Hammer donned the Steel Samurai suit and headed for Studio 2. Whereas if you played the game, you could already start to piece together the puzzle that ...

Hammer, the veteran actor, is unhappy that he is being passed up for starring roles, i.e. young hero roles, and is being typecast into the villain roles or other non-young hero roles. Dee Vasquez tries to talk sense into Hammer that this happens with all actors, that as you get older the roles available to you change, but Hammer just can't accept it. While he bears no personal grudge against Powers, Hammer can't accept that the goofy, talentless(?) Powers gets to be the Steel Samurai while he, Hammer, is forced to be the lame Evil Magistrate. "Look!" Hammers wants to prove, "I can be the Steel Samurai just as easily as he can! Even better! Watch!" He dons the suit, he shows that he still has what it takes to be a star.

In the game, you can piece this together from various character testimonies and material evidence. In the anime, I feel like you'd have to be borderline savant to be able to take what we've been given and come to that same conclusion. I think this is unfortunate for anime-only viewers since it means that they have less gravitas going into the trial than their gamer counterparts do. That gravitas is nice. Many Ace Attorney cases are all about that emotion, about feeling bad for the victims and/or killers. By the time we're going to get it here in Case 03, it's going to be too late. You have to plant the seed early, water it, give it time to grow. You can't just MiracleGro it all in the final day of court.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:54 AM   #59
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I'm quite enjoying this arc. Despite hearing it has been watered down, it doesn't seem like it is missing anything vital from my perspective.

One thing that bugs me about this show (and probably the game) is
how Naruhodo confronts who he think is the murderer. That is painting a giant target on him. I'm guessing it's added for dramatic effect, but it's needlessly dangerous.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:07 PM   #60
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

I'm also enjoying the current arc. Again, since I retain very little information from the games, I don't feel anything is significantly missing.

I had completely forgotten about the kid character, for one. Poor boy, witnessing the actual murder of his greatest hero like that.

As an aside, when he said "Zamaa miro" my mind immediately translated it as "Screw you, cat". Oh Crunchyroll and your terrible translations for MCA.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:03 PM   #61
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

I thought the arc's finish was pretty strong. It's clear they were saving their budget for this. Watching the character interactions come to life was a treat.

The kid's passionate speech was an emotional moment. I don't recall if it was in the game, but I'm guessing it was added for the show, and it was effective. The whole episode worked well in terms of pacing and character development.

It is a bit odd to see Edgeworth admitting he's already a fan of the Steel Samurai at the end, but there's something endearing about making him a dork from the get-go, and adds an extra layer/cover to him desiring to do the right thing. ^~
Old 05-18-2016, 01:14 PM   #62
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Episode 07:

I didn't like either of those two changes. ^^;

I thought Cody's actions were over the top to the point of being uncomfortably silly.

IIRC Edgeworth does tell Powers he is a fan of Powers' work, but he phrases it like that and the way he does it it even seems like he's only being polite -- which Phoenix then accuses him of, in both media, and Edgeworth leaves it at that. In the games, I feel like players don't really appreciate just how much Edgeworth enjoys the Steel Samurai and its related properties until they see his office (which I think we first see in the bonus case in Game 1, though it might be seen earlier than that) and you see that Steel Samurai statue in there. And even then it's not totally clear whether that's just a memento or whether he's a fan. I felt like the anime was too obvious about it. It leaves too little to the imagination. I enjoy the "Does he? Doesn't he? :o" aspect with a lot of Edgeworth's likes and hobbies.

I thought the episode was fine. I think the game of cat and mouse is much more exciting in the game than it was as televised, but what can you do?
Old 05-28-2016, 12:03 AM   #63
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Episode 08:

One of the best cases in the franchise! (Though the list of such cases is fairly long ... X3) The anime does its best to adapt the first quarter or so of the story into a half hour episode. It's not too bad if you know what's happening. I fear for newcomers it might be a little too Studio-Deen's-the-Unlimited-Blade-Works-movie to follow, but if you already know the case, all of the highlights are hit. And actually ...

Is it just my fuzzy memory, or does the anime invent something new there with Grossberg? I don't remember Grossberg in the original game confessing that he was the one who leaked the police department's use of a spirit medium to the defense. It also kinda doesn't make much sense to me: why would Grossberg find out about this but not Hammond when a) they both work for the same law firm at this point in the story and b) Grossberg is Hammond's senior / boss? Like ... if anything, you'd expect Hammond to know ahead of time ('cause he's the one attached to the case) and not Grossberg ('cause not only is he not attached to the case but as the head of a law firm he'd be the last person the police would want to tell this to). I dunno. I just don't remember Redd White becoming relevant again in this part of the game. Maybe he does and because it's pure text it's a lot less noticeable / less striking / less memorable than it is in the anime where they show you his flashy smug self again.

Lotta confirmed for Kansai dialect in the original game. Her personality seems a little different as a consequence to the stereotypes associated with each dialect.

Maya was cute as always. Lots of great Maya moments. The waterfall training at the office ... the part at the boat rental pier where she's pulling documents out of her acolyte uniform ... Maya giving this impassioned speech to Edgeworth only to bungle Gumshoe's name again, and Edgeworth has to bite his lip and be all "It's the thought that counts, Miles ...!"

Maybe it's just the bias of knowing how the trial plays out. Maybe it's just the bias of age. But I feel like the first episode is ... how do I put this ... is obvious about a number of things, not just one.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:08 PM   #64
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Episode 09:

Just finishing this one right now. I ... don't like how much this episode spoils. I'm increasingly convinced the show's target audience is preexisting fans of the franchise, ones who have already played the game for themselves. If this is meant for newcomers, well ... frankly, it's ruining their virginal experience with the story.

Spoilers for newcomers, safe for returning veterans:

One example is how much they show von Karma sneering with delight whenever he pegs the murder on Edgeworth. While it was obvious from the get-go even in the original game that von Karma was bad news, I ... I don't know that I'd say it was patently obvious he was the killer and/or he framed Miles. It was more like ... you knew he was bad news, but you still had questions about why he'd be doing this to Edgeworth when he adopted the boy and raised him like a son, etc etc. The anime just comes out and blurts, "VON KARMA DID IT! HE'S THE BAD GUY!" with all that constant attention to his sneering face. Quit making him look so happy whenever he's in the lead. You're giving it away, guys. :\

Another example comes right at the very end with the boat house landlord and his parrot Polly. In the video game, it's one mind-blowing plot twist after another as you discover, in successive order, things like Polly saying "DL-6" or the boat guy clearly having his wits about him. But in the anime, they give it all away in this final scene of Episode 09. First-time viewers are going to know now that he's connected with DL-6 somehow, when from the perspective of gamers you weren't supposed to -- not until the moment was right, timed for maximum shock and excitement.

If the episode didn't do stuff like this all the time, I might relent more about first-timers using the anime as a surrogate for playing the video game. But because of crap like this, I feel like the only way to truly enjoy Phoenix Wright is to play the games first, "the way God intended."

The highlight for me was the image above. Hard to put into words beyond "I thought it was done well" and "I like how it looks, how Maya looks here."

I really enjoy Original Lotta. While I think both characters have their charm, I also think that a) they're very different from one another and b) I like Original Lotta more. Might be hard for subtitle watchers to pick out since so much of her dialogue is matched with the English localization from the video games, but in the original Japanese she's ... a gung-ho Osakan, basically. Hard to explain without veering off into a huge amateurish lecture about stereotypes about people from Osaka. But yeah. Original Lotta is a lot of fun.

Cute when Maya excitedly takes the metal detector from Gumshoe and bops Nick on the head with it. (Ouch. ^^; )

Pretty sure the scene where Edgeworth explains he'll bail Maya out of jail is made for TV. Probably to address a fan-perceived "plot hole" that Maya is available to search the lake with Nick the very next day despite having been held in contempt of court.

The plot is on super duper fast forward. So much so that I have to wonder if next episode, Episode 10, will be the finale for this story arc. Not sure why they're racing so fast, unless a) this is a 10'er O_o or else b) they really, really want to save space for a three-episode treatment of the bonus case. I dunno, though. Bonus case is good, but I think Case 4 is both better and more important to the franchise as a whole than the bonus case is. Not that the bonus case isn't important also! Just that I think they've got their priorities mixed up if they're rushing Case 4 to ensure Bonus Case is done best.
Old 06-26-2016, 03:04 AM   #65
deoxys
Fog Badge

So, it looks like the anime is in fact not ending with Turnabout Goodbyes. We're getting an episode 14 after all, and with it, an adaptation for Justice for All.

I'm actually really surprised. I would imagine this means they will end the season at episode 26 though... unless they pull a double whammy and just plan to animate the third game as well, possibly even more....!?
Old 06-26-2016, 05:02 AM   #66
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Unrushed 26'er for 1 > rushed 26'er for 1 and 2
Old 07-09-2016, 02:00 PM   #67
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

THE OTHER BEST GIRL HAS APPEARED

I can't handle all these cute kiddies help
Old 07-27-2016, 10:45 AM   #68
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Just finished Episode 13, the made-for-TV flashback episode that serves as sort of a bridge between Games 1 and 2. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, which is nice.

Mini Franziska. :3

That Pomeranian. awww

Surprised von Karma would let Miles keep a pet dog.

Not too thrilled with the anime's character design of Pearl, but Pearl Fey is best Fey so I hafta check out the next episode. Not to mention that the next case is one of my all-time favorites.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:39 PM   #69
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I'm still watching this, and I still look forward to each episode release. I just haven't had much to say. I don't know if I'll be on standby with the rest of the show or not. The sub group I have been watching this show under hasn't been active this past week. They seem to be the only guys I know of who don't localize the show, so I hope they're on vacation or something.

I found the first game trilogy on sale in the 3ds store for around $16, so I purchased them. Not sure if it'll ruin my experience of the anime, but eh.

Also, are there any cases that don't involve murder? You would think there's something a little more lighthearted. Like maybe Naruhodo has to defend this guy accused of train groping, and it turns out the girl was groped by her jealous friend trying to get the accused guy's attention.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:08 AM   #70
Talon87
時の彼方へ

So far it's always been murder. Sometimes other crimes are the killer's main thing and the murder was just a bullet point in the other crime's list. But yeah, always murder.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:57 PM   #71
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Beat the first game! The anime killed the sense of discovery for 4 of the cases. I mean, I still had to figure out when to present stuff, but I already knew the major answers, so that's a bit of a letdown. I'm torn on the fact that they didn't include case 5. Hooo boy it was a doozy. It would be nice to see it animated, but if it was included, I would have been spoiled.

You don't get the sense of excitement and tension from the anime that you get from the game. The anime tells the story fairly well. Case 3 had more feels in the anime than the game. Though some of the "special effects" in the anime are annoying. Finger pointing and finger snapping blow people away apparently, which is just silly.

One thing I find strange in the game is how Mayoi, Chihiro, and Yahari have worse art quality than everyone else. I guess they were designed earlier than the other characters, and the designers didn't want to give them updated art? The art does leave an impact on you that I don't recall feeling from the anime. In the game, when I first saw the actor for Steel Samurai, I thought "Holy fuck this guy looks gnarly as hell!". It might just be my imagination though. Mayoi's cuter in the anime, and I guess that's all that matters to alot of people!
Old 08-21-2016, 10:41 PM   #72
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
Beat the first game! The anime killed the sense of discovery for 4 of the cases. I mean, I still had to figure out when to present stuff, but I already knew the major answers, so that's a bit of a letdown. I'm torn on the fact that they didn't include case 5. Hooo boy it was a doozy. It would be nice to see it animated, but if it was included, I would have been spoiled.

You don't get the sense of excitement and tension from the anime that you get from the game. The anime tells the story fairly well. Case 3 had more feels in the anime than the game. Though some of the "special effects" in the anime are annoying. Finger pointing and finger snapping blow people away apparently, which is just silly.

One thing I find strange in the game is how Mayoi, Chihiro, and Yahari have worse art quality than everyone else. I guess they were designed earlier than the other characters, and the designers didn't want to give them updated art? The art does leave an impact on you that I don't recall feeling from the anime. In the game, when I first saw the actor for Steel Samurai, I thought "Holy fuck this guy looks gnarly as hell!". It might just be my imagination though. Mayoi's cuter in the anime, and I guess that's all that matters to alot of people!
I guess I didn't realize you hadn't played the games. Like, I had read you say it several times before, but it didn't really register.

On the one hand, it sucks that the anime "ruined" the first two games for you. They're some of my favorite games of all time, I've replayed them 3+ times at this point (which for me is a lot; I've played no other visual novels as much!) ...

On the other hand, you make it pretty clear that they didn't "ruin" the games for you. They ruined the plot twists' opportunity to surprise you, obviously, but that's it. It's no different from the three of us watching FSN back in '06, '07 and then later playing the VN. We don't feel like our VN experience was "ruined," and why should we? Maybe not "supremely ideal" or whatever, but still very solid.

If you are a little disappointed by how only AA1 Case 5 has gotten to excite you so far (because all the others, you already know what to say and do at every turn), I suppose I would say I have good news for you. While some of my all-time favorite cases are in AA1 and AA2, some of my all-time favorite cases are in each of the games. I actually just completed AA5 tonight myself, and the "bonus case" (it's a long story) joins the ranks of all-time favorite cases in the series, though I'm not sure it's my favorite of AA5 itself (I've still gotta think about it some more).

Even better, it seems like 80% of the fandom is of the opinion that AA3 is the best game in the franchise. And the anime isn't going to touch that with a ten-foot pole from what I understand. So you'll have that one completely to yourself. I don't know the breakdown for the remaining 20%, but I do know that I consider the black sheep of the family, AA4, to be right on up there as one of the best entries into the franchise. It's ... controversial, for reasons you'll discover once you get there. But I like it a lot.

AA6 comes out in North America next month! It already came out in Japan. I'm pretty stoked.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:45 PM   #73
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I'm actually not sure what to think on what the anime did to me on the first game. It took out the surprises and the sense of accomplishment from figuring out the cases, but the anime is what made me interested in the franchise in the first place, so saying it ruined my experience would be unfair.

For AA3, I'm not really worried. At the pace I'm going at, I'll finish each game within a week, so I'll be finished by the time the anime would cover AA3. I'm probably not going to watch any more until I finish the AA2 anyway.

For AA4, I'm a bit frustrated on. When I purchased the first three games, the trilogy bundle was $16. AA4 was on sale as well for $11. I didn't know if I would like the games or not, so I held off until trying them out before buying 4. Unfortunately, the sale was over when I decided to go ahead and buy 4, so it's $30 again! I'm not sure how much it is in game stores, because I can't find it on the sites.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:11 AM   #74
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Episode 19 reminded me of why I stopped watching the CR rips. "Burger noodles"

Actually I found the circus arc's adaptation to be pretty bad. I'm hoping it's not because my perspective has been altered by playing the games. Afterall, it's the first case I played before I watched. I guess I can halfass compare what I remember. I'll use English names, because remembering two sets of name is a pain in the ass.

(Episode 19/20 spoilers)
Regina isn't as creepy in the anime as she seemed in the game. Maybe it's just me, but something about her in the game just seemed eerie, and it put some suspicion on her as the killer. I don't remember if episode 18 went over Max and the ventriloquist fighting over her, but it seemed the anime took out the bit where everyone had a thing for Regina. They also did away with the judge's creepy joke, which is a shame.

I did not care for the theatrics in the middle of court that everyone made. Sure, it's an attempt at closure that the game didn't originally have (Regina and Aero never confronted each other afterall), but it seemed really overdramatic to me. I'm afraid of feeling the same thing during the Steel Samurai case, which I originally really liked in the adaptation.

I beat the third game, and I'm waiting for Apollo Justice to arrive. I did not expect to enjoy this series as much as I did. I guess even I have a need for shounen lawyer battles. I loved game 3's end picture so much.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime