UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 12-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #51
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Didn't want to double-post in the suggestion box so I figured I'd put it here. I learned from kaisap that Hasebe's VA from SxS sang the theme song for Free! Mind blown.

(Incidentally, he voices Makoto in the show.)

Also, in addition to Magi's OP LB Refrain's ED has grown on me, despite the slightly underwhelming disappointment of the show. (Haven't seen the last episode yet so I dunno.)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #52
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Can I just

talk about

how beautiful

Nagi no Asukara's 2nd OP is? (Spoilers, duh.)

Omg.

The feels.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #53
Akanjão
Boulder Badge

Best OP? That'd have to be... Cruel's Angel Thesis

Now, ending... Brave Song
Old 02-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #54
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I meant to post a while back, but I almost felt like it was pointless, since I was basically pointing out how there were no real memorable openings or endings this seasons. Some of them were okay, but most of them were pretty blah. I guess I can point out some that somewhat stood out?

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei ED- Song-wise it's okay at best, but my god it's cute. The studio really knows how to milk Mashiro's cuteness. While I can't say I cared for it myself, a bunch of people are saying they really like the OP of this show.

Noragami's ending seemed like it'd be really good, being Supercell and all, but it ended up being so damn lackluster when the chorus started. I won't bother linking it.

Happiness Charge Precure ED- The song is one of those that will probably take some time for to warm up to. I'm already starting to. Where it really shines is the visuals. Good god it's gorgeous. The youtube video doesn't do it justice.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:49 PM   #55
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
Noragami's ending seemed like it'd be really good, being Supercell and all, but it ended up being so damn lackluster when the chorus started. I won't bother linking it.
I like Noragami's OP more. Kinda cool they added movement to the still frames in recent eps.

Magi's new ED is rather pretty, if not for the sudden pop blast as it hits the chorus. It gets a bit better again by the end though.

Gin no Saji S2's ED has also grown on me. So happy~
Old 03-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #56
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Top 5 EDs:
4. Angelic Layer's The Starry Sky

Angelic Layer's The Starry Sky takes an amazing song belted out by HAL and couples it with a video montage that showcases all of Misaki's friends and rivals ... only to then reveal, emotionally, at the very end that this was a video diary recorded (or put together, or both) by Ichirou and that, most probably unbeknownst to Misaki, he sent it to Shouko, her wheelchair-bound mother and the person she most desperately wants to see in all the world. Kind of like Days above it, The Starry Sky's placement on this list, then, might confuse you if you've never seen the show. "So what? " you may wonder. "So she's in a wheelchair. And she got e-mailed a video diary. I don't get it." And that's why you'd need to see the show first. To get it. And then cry.
Came on my iPod the other day when driving back up to Lafayette. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Remember this just now and decided to give it another listen, this time via the video itself on YouTube. Reached the end. Full-blown crying. Is Angelic Layer an anime I'd like to see remade? Well, I wouldn't be terribly opposed to a remake but I don't know that it needs one either. Most of the complaints I have with Angelic Layer have to do with plot and character development, not the animation nor the soundtrack. Unless the reboot were prepared to do things a little differently from the original, I don't know that there'd be much point in it. But then again, people are so easily scared off by older animation that it probably wouldn't hurt to have a plot-identical reanimation either.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Haven't posted in here in a while. I don't have too much to report in on. The newest OPs and EDs I've seen are Golden Time's OP2 and ED2, Nagi no Asukara's OP2 and ED2, Uchuu Kyoudai's OP8 and ED8, and Pokémon XY's OP1 and ED1. Most are fine but unremarkable. Nagi no Asukara's OP2 is fine for sentimental reasons but doesn't really do it for me musically. Uchuu Kyoudai's ED8 is fun musically but doesn't do much to separate itself from the crowd of other fun Autotuned J-pop songs, and the animation by no means stands out. Golden Time's songs are just plain weird. (That OP2!) Maybe I'll find something really spectacular once I start up some of the Winter 2014 series.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #57
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

The episode 8 ending of Hozuki no Reitetsu(couldn't find it on youtube, and this one loops) is so damn catchy and addicting. What's funny is that this song is supposed to make fun of idol songs in general. Just have the girl spout gibberish and act cute. Despite that, I still enjoy it.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:11 AM   #58
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Started watching the show as a result of a lost bet with Raichu, but it reminded me that my original post was missing one of my favorite openings (as well as the inspiration for probably my longest serving signature).

Metal Overman, King Gainer

Mozz: wtf. Dancing.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:30 AM   #59
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Tokyo Ghoul OP:

Psycho Pass vibes all over this opening. I think its the same band that did the first Psycho-Pass opening, and the artwork is pretty similar even if the show is nothing like Psycho-Pass. Introduction is amazing on this song.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun OP:

And this is the catchiest opening of the season. Its in a similar style to the Space Dandy opening, although I don't think its quite as good as the Space Dandy opening. Nice to listen to though, I don't think i'd skip past it when watching.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:54 AM   #60
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

>Tokyo Ghoul OP

I've been listening to this on repeat since I saw the first two eps last night. So good. <3 The show is actually really cool and interesting. Finally something I can get excited about after the disappointment that was MCA. Please make a thread for it. 83

>Gekkan Shoujo OP

The song is pretty catchy when it hits the chorus. Thinking about picking this up too since I've been recommended it as well. And Barakamon. Ah, so much to watch, so little time...

I don't have much to offer from the new season, but Re: Hamatora's OP gets me pretty pumped.

Free2's ED is also kinda catchy, and a perfect example of Troll-Ani's utter shamelessness.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:08 PM   #61
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Doppel's cheeky post about Prisma Illya's title card bearing some similarity to eroge title cards made me think about Makai Tenshi Djibril 4 and wonder how similar its looked to Prisma Illya's. I was already on YouTube, so looking it up there would be fastest. And sure enough I found it. But what's this? :o Someone made a new Touhou parody of it! You may remember the original parody which featured Youmu, Reimu, and Marisa as replacements for the three main Djibril characters, Cirno replacing the principal, and Yuyuko and Yukari replacing the angel and devil. Well, this new version has the main girls replaced by Flandre, Nue, and Koishi; the principal still replaced by Cirno; and the angel and devil now replaced by Reimu and Marisa. So if you haven't seen it before, check it out.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:54 AM   #62
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Picks for this season (and/or last season as the case may be) ...

The opening to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Stardust Crusaders has really grown on me. I think it might simultaneously be my least favorite and my most favorite of the three JJBA OPs so far. And since 1 and 2 were so fantastic, you know that's a compliment. You can check out the full length version here.

The ending theme song to Prisma Ilya 2wei (video contains spoilers thru S2E01!) is without a doubt my favorite OP or ED this season. I have watched this ending (w/ visuals) dozens of times, listened to it (just the audio) dozens more. It's amazing what a simple thing body language is and yet at the same time how complex and profound its effect on our perception of characters can be; the part where the chorus strikes up and we see the three girls running, each with her own mannerisms and poise, is just perfect. It so perfectly captures not only who these girls are, reflecting the animators' intimate knowledge of the characters' personalities, but more specifically conveys their states of mind at that moment. It's just remarkable. This is one CD I'm definitely placing on my wishlist. (Comes out August 6th!)

The opening to Barakamon features the talents of Japanese pop-rock band Super Beaver. Their lead vocalist has a very distinctive voice. I instantly recognized him as the singer of one of Uchuu Kyoudai's OPs, "Halo" ... or at least I thought I did. ^^; I'm almost too embarrassed to say it: because it doesn't take long before you realize that "Halo" was sung by a completely different person. But I think my brain thought it was the same band because the two songs do seem to have some stylistic overlap. I'd say if you liked the one, check out the other and vice versa. (Of course, the Uchuu Kyoudai one contains spoilers pretty deep into the series. It's the seventh out of eight current OPs, if that helps you gauge just how deep into spoiler territory it goes. ^^; ) ... No, but seriously. I totally remembered the Uchuu Kyoudai song's melody and lyrics with the Super Beaver vocalist's voice. Crazy how the mind can play tricks on you like that.

I mentioned JJBA SD's OP earlier. How about its ED? Well, I didn't recognize it -- but Yuki sure did! It's "Walk Like an Egyptian" by the Bangles. Given how many of JJBA's characters and themes tie in to popular music of the 1980s, it is incredibly fitting that a story set during the 1980s that has to do with Egypt would feature this as its theme song. Araki must surely be pleased.

And since I mentioned Uchuu Kyoudai, I'm not sure if I ever did link this one here, but the eighth ending theme song, "Anata ga Ireba OK", is probably my favorite OP or ED of that entire series. I just love that song so, so much. Impossible not to get so excited when listening to it. I wish I could find the original ending credits to link, but the videos have all been taken down. Full length version w/o ending credits video will have to do. But the one I've selected with the pretty artwork I linked earlier in the year beats the official music video imo, so enjoy!
Old 09-28-2014, 11:42 PM   #63
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Having discovered that Episode 14 of Nichijou ends with a cover of the famous Japanese song "Tsubasa wo Kudasai," I figured it might be worth compiling a list of the OPs and EDs we know of that were songs before they became OPs and EDs. (Recycled audio from source material, e.g. Kanon 2006's ED theme song, doesn't count.)

Just to note, the "Other versions: --" bit in some listings below isn't meant to signify that no other versions exist. Just that I'm not linking to them because of laziness or ignorance. ^^;

Song: "Tsubasa wo Kudasai"
Original Performer: Akai Tori
Other Versions: Yamamoto Junko, YUI
Anime: Evangelion 2.0, Nichijou

Song: "Walk Like an Egyptian"
Original Performer: The Bangles
Other Versions: --
Anime: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Stardust Crusaders

Song: "Secret Base ~君がくれたもの~"
Original Performer: ZONE
Other Versions: --
Anime: Ano Hana
Old 04-14-2015, 11:12 AM   #64
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

As mentioned in the suggestion box, I'm addicted to Kekkai Sensen/Blood Blockade Battlefront's ED right now. (Dailymotion link due to copyright on Yo! Tube YouTube. I did find this YT version that wasn't pitched but it contains a bit of the ending to episode 02 which is a slight spoiler?) The OP (Dailymotion again) is nice too, haven't heard Bump of Chicken in a while.

FSN's new OP (YT) is also beautiful. It kinda makes me nostalgic, like it's the sort of 90's Kelly Clarkson emo-inspirational rock music I'd expect to hear on the radio as a kid. (Seems like husky voices are a thing for me lately. *shot*) Also I just love the hand-waving motion animation as Shirou traces the sword in the beginning and flips it around godamn you ufotable. ...On another note for some reason the intro is weird where I can't tell it's not actually part of the episode at first. *shrug*

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 04-14-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:45 PM   #65
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

This F/SN soundtrack should be talked about. The entire thing is amazing but this is what I'd pick out as the BEST of them.

UBW has the best soundtrack of any anime. This shit rivals epic film soundtracks.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:54 PM   #66
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

So, with the new season coming out I've got a few openings and endings to talk about. I'll update this as I take a look at some of the openings I've seen.

Gangsta:
OP: I mean, I think the song is pretty shit. Its not something I would expect from this kind of show and I don't think it fits the series... but THOSE VISUALS THOUGH!!! I love the comic-book styling of the whole thing, the paint splattered credits, the simple but really cool colour scheme, etc.

ED: Good. The song is okay, and the visuals are pretty basic. I think it really contrasts with what I've seen of the show however. I mean, I know its only been one episode and I'm sure there's some 'Dark Secret Depressing Past' shit that the ED reflects, but from the first episode alone I can't really judge. At least this song is better than the opening song. Eyughk.

Game of Laplace:
OP: Interesting. The song is pretty different in itself, and I'm all for experimental music. Its a little bit strange and then establishes itself in the chorus sounding a little more familiar, which was nice. Visuals were pretty cray too. The only thing I'd complain about really is the repetetiveness of some of the cuts. Other than that, pretty good stuff.

ED: I think the song is far too 'normal'. I liked what they did with the opening with a bit of a strange song, but this one is very typical. The visuals are pretty cryptic, and I have no clue whats going on in them (came case with the OP), but atleast they look pretty.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:04 PM   #67
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Just re-enjoying FMA:B's fourth OP and was wondering to myself what the best OPs and EDs are from this season's offerings. All I'm watching is Boku dake ga Inai Machi, and while both songs have grown on me I don't think I'd ever submit either of these as particularly great OPs/EDs. But I know you guys are watching more than me, so I figured I'd ask.

Which OPs/EDs do you think stand out as Winter 2016's best?
Old 02-08-2016, 10:19 PM   #68
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

There aren't many this season that stand out to me. Hell, if anyone asked me for some great OP/EDs from the past few years, I'd draw a blank. I'd say my favorite of the season is actually the Boku Dake ED.

For an honorable mention, I guess the Dagashi Kashi ED(this link fucked with the audio and I can't find another one on youtube), and that's just because of the visuals. The song is nothing special, but Hotaru's face on everything is terrifying. The Dagashi Kashi OP is kinda cool too, but once again, nothing special.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:36 PM   #69
tau
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to tau
Has Beck: MCS been mentioned yet? Engrish in the lyrics aside, the intro is pretty fucking awesome. And the show is great.

And I don't even watch anime really outside of a few instances of shows I really dig, mostly for the music. 'Beck' pretty accurately captures the feeling of what it's like in local music scenes, just... you know. Anime-ified.
tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:46 PM   #70
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

S E K K O
B O Y S

SEKKOU

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:08 PM   #71
Chalis
Activating Rampage

I mean there's so many, but Punky Funky Love from Kuroko no Basuke.

"Meteor Jam!"

Chalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:13 PM   #72
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Listening back to some OST that I remember liking. Zankyou no Terror in particular. Whilst I knew the music was great, I only ever really listened to "Von" because of a particular scene that I thought was amazing. Really I should've listened to the entire thing because It's a fucking masterpiece.

Ambitious and successful. Its just brilliant.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:34 PM   #73
satosere
Cascade Badge

Can we just talk about how awesome the Sailor Moon theme is?

First time I watched it I like cried.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:41 PM   #74
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

BokuMachi's OP has grown on me a lot (although I still prefer the original over the animé version). Been listening to this English dub on repeat recently.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:21 PM   #75
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Just remembered how much I like Railgun's OP.

"Meteor Jam!"

Chalis is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime