UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Trainer Battles > Battle Archive

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Bulbasaur Beginner Trainer Battle: Charminions vs. Gemini Spark

The Time Rift Mesa stood like a beacon in this arid region of the Volcanic Mountain. The large rock jutted out of the ground finishing at a point a scary 30 metres high above the sandy earth. The air was filled with dust as the wind blew the dry earth up in spiralling whirlwinds that looked both deadly and beautiful. The sun was shining down heating the air making it dry and almost unbearable, there was hardly any moisture here and it made it hard to breathe. Two trainers approached the chosen arena, left to the referee wondering why she would pick such a dangerous and uncomfortable setting. They slowly reach the Mesa after fumbling through the surrounding land and were glad to find that the higher they traversed the clearer the air was. The referee stood with protective clothing covering her head and neck. She peered out through a pair of goggled and gestured for the two to come closer so she could speak to them.

"Hello you two and welcome to the Time Rift Mesa. I'm glad you both came dressed for the environment, its a bit dusty eh!" She said chuckling. "It doesn't look much but this can be a deadly arena and if you're not careful your Pokemon can take a nasty fall. Let's go over the rules now and a warning to heed the edge of the Mesa, I don't want any fatalities today".
Charminions vs. Gemini Spark
Beginner Trainer Battle (Pokemon from Lv’s 01-25 used only)
1 on 1
72 Hr DQ Period
Arena: Volcanic Mountain's Time Rift Mesa: A large, flat, rocky plateau jutting out of the desert sands. Standing 30 metres above the desert itself and 50m x 60m wide, it's covered with a light layer of sand and rubble. Any Pokémon falling off the side of the mesa could very well sustain serious, if not fatal, injuries.
She allowed them time to prepare themselves whist retrieving a coin from her pocket. She assigned Charminions to Heads and Gemini Spark to Tails and gave it a quick flip: "Heads".
Once she was sure they understood the rules she went through the order of play:
– I need PM’s from both of you including your Pokemon, their stats, any healing items being declared, and your attacks for the first round (I am happy with up to 3 being used per round)
- I will then ref the first round.
- Charminions will then order their attacks for the next round.
- Gemini Spark then orders their attacks.
- I ref the round, and the next round attack orders switch and so on and so forth till we have a winner!
“Say Yeah, I predict and Earthquake up in here!”
Old 07-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charminions
Alright, cool. I'll be bringing 1 Potion and 1 Lum Berry.

Name: Drifty (Riff)
Species: Corphish
Classification: Ruffian Pokemon
Level: 13
Type: Water
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Obtained: Trade with Stark
Nature: [-]
Held Item: [-]
Beauty Points: 0
Intelligence Quotient: 1/100
Contest Stats: 10|10|10|10|10
Birthday: June 1st
Currently: In Daycare Centre
Evolutions:
> Lv. 30 >
Known Moves: Bubble - Surf - Waterfall - Harden - Vicegrip - Leer - Icy Wind - Ice Beam - Bubblebeam - Aerial Ace - Water Pulse - Swords Dance - Metal Claw - Rock Tomb - Rock Slide - Brick Break - X-Scissor - Hidden Power (Dragon) -

Start off strong with an Ice Beam! Then boost up with a Swords Dance and follow it up with a Brick Break to the head!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark

Name: Sarkhan
Species: Druddigon
Level: 14
Current Location: Party
Date of Birth: April 15
FB Birthday: October 4
Ability: Rough Skin (Any physical contact results in damage back to the opponent equal to 1/16th of their maximum HP)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk, likes Spicy, hates Dry)
Location Caught: Trade
Held Item: None
Beauty Points: 0
Contest Stats: Beauty 0/Cool 0/Cute 0/Smart 0/Tough 0
IQ: 0
Contained In: 2012 Edition Chocolate Pokeball
Bio: Hatched by Scott from his egg as part of the Easter festivities in addition to the Scraggy that Hyrem hatched, they decided to trade their hatchlings to each other because they didn't quite feel compatible with the Pokemon they got, although whether or not either trainer got less of a handful than what they had previously is still under debate. It is said that Druddigon are often difficult to train, but Hyrem is confident he will someday be able to calm this Cave Pokemon down enough and gain a powerful force in battle and a very loyal friend, with some help from Sera, of course. Sarkhan feels a close friend in Amethyst since they share similar prideful attitudes, although he knows she has much bigger interest in a male Seviper named Marvolo and is content with being her battle partner.
Current Movepool: Leer, Scratch, Hone Claws, Bite, Scary Face, Surf, Metal Claw (Egg), Focus Blast (TM), Crossfire (Custom, description here), Strength (HM), Poison Tail (Egg)
Moves to Learn: Dragon Rage (Lv. 1, Slash (Lv. 21), Crunch (Lv. 25), Dragon Claw (Lv. 27), Chip Away (Lv. 31), Revenge (Lv. 35), Night Slash (Lv. 40), Dragon Tail (Lv. 45), Rock Climb (Lv. 49), Superpower (Lv. 55), Outrage (Lv. 62)

Healing Items:
Potion (2/5)
Potion (3/5)

"Whew, finally made it!"

Hyrem had gotten a workout just from reaching the plateau of the 100 ft. high Time Rift Mesa. The surrounding desert and its arid, dry, and scorching climate was something he would need more time to get used to. It certainly would be perfect for Sarkhan, though, he had to admit that. Which may have been why the referee picked this arena. That, or she just wanted to give him and his opponent, Charm, a tough arena to battle in.

Well, once he reached the top, and- Oh, don't look down, dude... *sighs* Don't say I didn't warn you, Hyrem. Anyway, he sees the approximately 100 ft. drop and had his heart almost leap out of his chest. He quickly backed away from the edge and toward the referee who explained the rules and told them to mind the edge. Like he'd forget; this place was really dangerous.

He took his position in the trainer box and said to Charm, "Well, good luck! This guy'll be tough to beat! Go, Sarkhan!"

A dragon Pokemon with a jagged, red face, a blue body with jagged wings, and a yellow, jagged belly appeared before Charm. "DRRUUUUUUUUDD!" he roars mightily. Sarkhan was certainly happy about the warmth around here. It also felt good for him to stand on such a rocky place with dust and sand all over. He loved it.

"All right, Sarkhan, this is your first battle, and I know you're all for it... I just don't want you to overdo it here, especially since we're this high up."

"DRUUUUDDIGON!" he roared again.

"You're not listening, are you?" sighs Hyrem, hoping he'd get Sarkhan under enough control to avoid the possibility of anyone getting seriously hurt. "Anyway, let's synch up and battle! Maybe some intimidation will help us win this one! So start with Hone Claws to buff yourself, then Leer and Scary Face to put some fear into our opponent!"
Both trainers looked keen and ready to battle and after hearing the rules they made their way to their trainer boxes that were a safe enough distance away from the edges of the mesa. Charm releases his Pokemon, an eager Corphish called Drifty who snapped his claws waiting to see who he was battling. Hyrem releases his dragon, a Druddigon called Sarkhan who roared fiercly and took in his surroundings grinning with approval. This was just his type of place, hot dry and arid. The referee measured up the Pokemon noting the obvious height difference and gave a nervous laugh, this would be an interesting battle non-the-less. She drops her flag and the battle begins.

Hyrem hopes to control Sarkhan long enough to actually participate in this battle. He gives his orders and Sarkhan roars loudly making everyone a little nervous but he looks to be listening as he begins to Hone his Claws by scratching them along the rocky ground boosting his attack power and the accuracy of his clawed attacks. Riff is not put off by the large size of his opponent and he goes straight on the attack. He charges up Ice Energy into his right claws before firing an Ice Beam at Sarkhan. The hot dry weather lessens the power of the attack but it strikes the dragon making him roar again, this time in pain as the super-effective move freezes his right shoulder.

Sarkhan is angered by the icy attack and approaches the Corphish Leering at him and making him shudder with nerves. Riff didn't realise how truly large the dragon was until he right up in his face. Sarkhan finishes by adding even more fright-factor by giving the Corphish his Scary Face making him sweat with nerves and fear. He had such big eyes and teeth and Riff is too frightened to move and his speed is lowered too, another setback. Lets hope he can over come his fears enough to attack next round!

Health: 100%
Energy: 90%

Health: 74%
Energy: 85%
Status: Atk + Acc + Right shoulder frozen (will only last one round)

Charminions to post followed by Gemini Spark
Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Face your fears, stare it down with your own Leer. Then deliver a Metal Claw and knock him back with Rock Slide.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Sarkhan's opponent was pretty feisty in his own right. Having seen Andy's Corphish and the aggression that Corphish typically display, Hyrem knew neither he nor Sarkhan should underestimate this one, named Drifty. A well placed Ice Beam by Drifty certainly proved that fact as ice appeared on Sarkhan's right shoulder, freezing it for a little while. Fortunately, having Honed his Claws already, he was ready to begin striking fear into his smaller foe, and his Leer and particularly his Scary Face were very successful in doing so, leaving Drifty frozen in fear, unable to attack the Druddigon further.

Having ice on Sarkhan's shoulder was a setback, but Hyrem figured he could shake it off after a little while, especially in this heat. "Great job, Sarkhan!" he cheered in encouragement. "Okay, now that Drifty has seen how big your teeth are, let's put them to good use with a Bite attack! By then, you should be able to shake off the ice, so use your own Metal Claw to match his, maybe even beat it! Then knock him down with a Poison Tail; if you stay close to him, he might play it safe and not use Rock Slide!"
Old 07-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 2

The first round had been a good start for Riff as he used his ice attacks to really bring the pain to Sarkhan. He still had all his health left but he was currently shaking at the sight of the pissed off dragon before him. He knew he had to move, to attack but right now all he could do was stare into that giant maw, it was going to eat him up! Sarkhan opens his mouth wide and Bites down on the Corphish grabbing nearly all of his body in his mouth. Riff screams in alarm and pain and wriggles against the teeth holding him captive. This had snapped him out of his stupor and looking right into the dragon's face he gives him his fiercest Leer. Sarkhan looks alarmed by the sudden ferocity Riff was showing and he releases his grip. Riff falls to the ground and checks over his body, he was fortunate that his shell was so tough.

Riff shakes off the pain from the Bite and charges up steel energy into his claw and leaps up smacking Sarkhan with his Metal Claw before he can come to his senses. The Druddigon blinks and grunts in pain holding his chest where a bruise was forming. Riff looks ready to attack again but Sarkhan is faster and he whips around slamming his Poison Tail into the Corphish before he can complete his Rock Slide attack knocking his back across the mesa.

Health: 78%
Energy: 80%

Health: 66%
Energy: 74%

Gemini Spark to post followed by Charminions
Old 07-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Sarkhan had successfully latched on to the Corphish with his Bite, but Drifty surprised him with such a ferocious Leer that he let go and hesitated from using his Metal Claw when Drifty used his own Metal Claw. That left a nasty bruise! However, Sarkhan had brought down Drifty in response, thanks to his Poisonous Tail, and Drifty was now on his back.

With less health and energy, Sarkhan needed every advantage he could get. "All right, Sark, Scratch him while he's on his back, then use Metal Claw! Then it's time for another Leer to remind him who you are!"
Old 07-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
knocking his back across the mesa.
That doesn't say he's on his back. :P

Icy Wind as he comes in. Then give him a Hidden Power (Dragon). Then throw in another Ice Beam.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 3

Riff had ended the last round skidding along the ground on his back as he took a vicious Poison Tail. Sarkhan was feeling pretty pleased with his work and roars, his trainer praising him for his good work so far. Charm encourages Riff who rolls off his back onto his feet snapping his claws angrily at the dragon. Sarkhan closes the distance between them and rakes a claw across Riff's face in a Scratch making his eyes water. Riff holds his claw out and blasts Sarkhan right back with and Icy Wind making him roar in pain and clutch at his cold chest.

He soon shakes off the pain of the attack and prepares his next move bringing his Metal Claw back down upon Riff who grunts in pain, at least he was resistant to the energy in that move otherwise that could have really hurt. His tough shell was being tested today! He charges up orbs of draconian energy that swirl around him and Sarkhan looks alarmed as the glowing royal blue orbs spin into a frenzy and soon the Hidden Power is shot right at him exploding across his skin. Sarkhan was beginning to feel the toll of the super effective attacks thrown his way and knowing upon seeing the Corphish charge yet another Ice Beam he knows he has to stop it. He gives him the most vicious Leer he can muster and Riff jumps nearly out of his skin feeling his muscles lock up as the gaze begins to affect him. That was close for Sarkhan!

Health: 68%
Energy: 70%

Health: 38%
Energy: 61%

Old 07-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Not bad. Create a Rock Slide then follow it up with a Swords Dance. Then Vicegrip on wherever it will hurt most.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #10
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

{BTW, is Sarkhan's Rough Skin ability being accounted for, or is Drifty just not affected by it? Because normally, each direct attack a Pokemon makes against him should be costing them 6-7% health per hit. Or is that not how it works?}

Hyrem knew he and Sarkhan were in trouble when Charm ordered his Corphish to use attacks that played off the weaknesses of a dragon. Sure the claw attacks were making clean hits, but an Icy Wind and Drifty's Hidden draconic Powers were seriously taking their toll on him. Fortunately, Sarkhan's Leer stopped Drifty from unleashing another Ice Beam on him, or the battle would've likely been over then!

Hyrem couldn't rely on Sarkhan's resilience to win. Not this time, not with all those super-effective attacks. Despite what Corphish was planning, he needed to heal Sarkhan fast. "All right, Sark, come over here so I can heal you with these two Potions! Once I'm done, it's time for us to take a big risk... and use Crossfire!"
Old 07-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #11
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 4

OOC: Erm no, I had forgotten if I'm honest. I will work out how much damage he should have taken and deduct it from his total this round. Just looked and it should have only activated once so far anyway, it should be easy to work out.

Hyrem was concerned about his dragon as his health continued to dip ever lower. His opponent was using all the advantages he had to take the lead and so far it was working. Hyrem calls back his dragon hoping to heal him and even the playing field again. Sarkhan growls angrily at having to turn his back on his opponent but he reluctantly turns and begins to trudge towards Hyrem. Riff is not at all pleased by this and slams his claw into the ground send small chunks of Rocks in a Sliding wave towards the dragon. The Rock Slide catches his back and tail and makes him grunt in pain. He casts a look over his shoulder of annoyance before speeding up his retreat.

Hyrem checks over his Pokemon before spraying him liberally with 2 Potions and Sarkhan must concede that he does feel better. Riff meanwhile had performed an intricate Swords Dance boosting his attack power. His claws felt stronger, ready to crush. Sarkhan began to make his way back over to the Corphish fire licking at his arms. Riff stopped dancing to look at the dragon and saw him preparing a move. He held his claw back ready to strike right back. Sarkhan roared as his arms burst into flame and he crossed the final gap before striking out with his Cross Fire. Riff took the attack right to his face and shrieks rubbing his face, he was fortunate not to get a burn, so was Sarkhan. Riff narrows his eyes and with his target so close he leaps up digging his claw into Sarkhan's abdomen with his Vicegrip clinging on the skin as tightly as possible feeling the burn of his Rough Skin under his claw.

Health: 44%
Energy: 51%

Health: 68%
Energy: 51%

Old 07-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #12
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

{Thanks, Arc! I'm not really one to talk; I have to keep reminding myself to take abilities into account when I update, and more often than not, I keep thinking I missed one activating somewhere. Oh well, it all works out, right? ^_^'}

Hyrem knew Sarkhan hated turning his back on his opponent; he hated the cheap shot of a Rock Slide even more. But despite Sarkhan's Dragon-type tendencies, he knew the Potions would be big help in this battle. Of course, this did give the Corphish time to Dance, wielding his claws like Swords and boosting his power dramatically. Sarkhan was going to get himself back into the battle, however, with his arms wrapped in flames. Drifty was successfully caught in the Crossfire, and Sarkhan fortunately avoided burning himself, though Drifty didn't get burned either. Drifty's response? Holding the Druddigon with a crushing Vicegrip, but that kept the battle within close quarters. If Sarkhan was able to stay close to Drifty, he might still be able to win this.

"Alright, Sarkhan, keep up the close attacks with another Poison Tail! Then Scratch and Bite him, and we just might break through that tough shell of his! Watch out for those Ice attacks too, those really hurt!"
Old 07-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #13
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Come over here so I can heal you with this Potion. Then bring him some pain with an Ice Beam and Harden up for when he bites you.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 5

Charm felt that now was the time to heal his Corphish and calls him back to the trainer box with his Potion in hand. Riff releases his grip on the dragon and begins scuttling towards his trainer but Sarkhan was faster and eager to dish out some revenge for the bruises left on his abdomen. He swings around and slam his Poison Tail into Riff's back sending him flying across the mesa to land right before his trainer ... well that's one way to get there! Riff picks himself back up and stares at Charm, his face tinged with a purple hue, it looks like that last attack poisoned him, how unfortunate. Charm liberally applies the Potion and Riff feels better even with the burning under his shell as the poison begins to eat away at him.

Sarkhan is making his way towards Riff and Charm looks alarmed as he spies the dragon approaching but Riff is ready and turns to face him. His claw charges up with the remnants of his ice energy and he lets loose an Ice Beam that has the dragon stopping right in his tracks. He roars in pain and feels the ice slowly encase all but his head leaving him with a panicked look on his face. That was very lucky, in the dry heat it would begin to melt soon but for now Sarkhan was totally immobilised. Riff knew he had Sarkhan right where he wanted him and Hardens his skin regardless of the Bite that would not come, building his defences was a good idea.

Health: 56%
Energy: 37%
Ice Energy Depleted. Poisoned

Health: 36%
Energy: 47%
Frozen solid, will be half thawed by the end of the next round

Old 07-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #15
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Take this Lum Berry then Harden up twice.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #16
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Sarkhan felt good after whipping Drifty across with his Poison Tail, but once he saw the Corphish get healed, his satisfaction went away. Now he needed to deal some more damage to make up for the healing. He rushed in to Scratch Drifty, but he was completely stopped in his tracks by a lucky Ice Beam. He was almost frozen completely solid! He was lucky his head still stuck out from the ice, but dang, this was bad. The only comforting fact was that Drifty wouldn't be able to use any more Ice attacks.

"Oh no, Sarkhan!!" Hyrem cried out to his Pokemon. "We're not giving up yet, Charm! Quick, Sarkhan, see if you can use Crossfire to thaw yourself out! Then, if you freed your whole body, use Leer, then whack him with another Poison Tail! Or, if you only have your arms free, let's try a pair of Focus Blasts! If you can't even get your arms free, though, do two Leers instead!" Hyrem knew Crossfire was extremely risky, and it might not even work, but it was their only hope of staying in the battle. He crosses his fingers and hopes everything works out.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #17
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 6

Hyrem was alarmed b his Pokemon's predicament and with good reason. His Pokemon was encase in a block of ice unable to move anything but his head and right now he was roaring out his frustrations. Charm had plans to take advantage of the break in attacks on his Corphish by healing his poison and calls him over. Riff grins at Sarkhan before scuttling back over to his trainer and eating the Lum Berry and he gives a sigh of relief as he feels the burning of the poison die down to light throbbing before it completely eased. Sarkhan roared in pain and anger, not only was he stuck but his foe was healing before his eyes, he would not stand for this. His charges up the last of his fire energy into his arms feeling the flames rippling along his skin trying to melt the ice with his Cross Fire. He grimaces as the flames burn for far too long but the ice encasing his upper body melts away down to his arms and he roars his freedom. He grimaces as he looks down at his arms to see mild burns there from the attack, he would endure it to take down the enemy. He goes to move when he notices that he feet and tail were still frozen and he groans in annoyance.

Riff is not at all fazed by his opponents slight freedom and his sits down by his trainer Hardening up ready for what Sarkhan may throw at him. With only his arms free there is only one attack to use. Sarkhan doesn't have much fighting energy resources but he taps into them, a ball of blue energy forming between his scarred claws. It was very draining and he felt tired just summoning it but he knew it would devastating should it hit. He roars and launches the Focus Blast the orb shooting through the air like a cannonball. Charm has to dive out of the way as the attack explodes on Riff throwing him right to the edge of the mesa, he only holds on by digging his claws into the ground. Riff picks himself up but looks battered from that one attack. He scuttles quickly forward Hardening as he goes hoping to lessen the damage next time. If he can get far enough forward he would be thrown over the edge.

Sarkhan is charging up the last of his fighting energy, the ball small than last time but he throws his last Focus Blast right at Riff. The orb smashes into him once again throwing him close to the edge again but he was very lucky that he stays on again. He looks pained as he lies on the ground, even his increased defences didn't help. Sarkhan slumps forward feeling totally drained, he may have put too much into those last two attacks. Would he be able to pull off any more?

Health: 14%
Energy: 29%
Ice Energy Depleted.

Health: 33%
Energy: 10%
Fighting Energy Depleted
Fire Energy Depleted
Arms Burnt
Legs and tail frozen, will be thawed by the end of the next round

Old 07-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #18
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

{So close! >_< }

It was good that Sarkhan got his arms free, but bad that Crossfire ended up burning his arms and bad that he couldn't free any more of his body. Still, despite Drifty using the chance to Harden up his defenses, he wouldn't exactly see this coming. Two Focus Blasts would definitely test the Corphish's special defenses, which surely weren't as fortified as he would have liked them to be. Both times, Drifty was pushed towards the edge, and all in all, he took a lot of damage. Still, that used up all of Sarkhan's Fighting and Fire energy... and so much energy in general.

"That was great, big guy!" said Hyrem, still cheering him on despite being backed into a corner. "Not much we can do right now, though... We'll just have to wait until the ice thaws out for you, but until then, you'll have to take whatever Drifty throws at you."

Sarkhan lowers his head as he pants heavily. He hated the idea of being so powerless that he couldn't do anything to stop his opponent, but he knew Hyrem was right; with his legs and tail stuck, all Drifty needed to do was stay far enough away, and he could do whatever he wanted. All he could do was brace himself for Drifty's attacks... And hope, as much as his trainer was hoping, that he didn't get overwhelmed by them.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #19
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Hidden Power (Dragon). If you have enough dragon energy for another, do it again. Otherwise, Rock Slide. Then run up to him and Brick Break his head.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:55 AM   #20
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 7

Hyrem was chewing his lip and holds his head in his hands as he realised how close he had been to winning the match. Now his dragon was still stuck in the ice, a sitting duck for any and all attacks the Corphish may throw at him. He sighs and orders that his Pokemon sit tight and try to endure whatever comes. Sarkhan looks dejected and annoyed by having to stand there and be attacked but what else could he do? Charm sees the opening that he needs and is quick to order the attacks that will hopefully finish off the Druddigon and win them the match.

Riff limps forward feeling the effects of the last round but holds a bold gaze in his eyes; now it was time for payback. He summons orbs of Dragon energy around him and unleashes the Hidden Power that find their mark exploding all over Sarkhan making him bite his lip in pain. Riff can see that he had badly injured the dragon with that move but it also used up his dragon energies so onto plan B. He slams his claw into the mesa sending up a wave of Rock Slide that crashes over Sarkhan adding more injuries to the poor immobile dragon.

Sarkhan collapses forward, the motion breaking his feet and tail free from the ice but with commands he was powerless to stop what happened next. Riff comes scuttling up to him, his claw glowing a bright white before he chops down on his head with his Brick Break. Sarkhan falls to his bell his eyes closed in pain as the last move finishes him off.

"Sarkhan is unable to battle, Riff and Charm win this battle!"

Health: 14%
Energy: 08%
Ice Energy Depleted. Dragon Energy Depleted

Health: 00%
Energy: 10%

Congratulations to Charminions and Riff. This was a close battle which was back and forth with the healing but you used the advantages Riff had well to win.
For his victory Riff receives this . He also receives two levels.

Commiserations to Gemini and Sarkhan, it was one of the closest battles I've reffed in a long time, had Sarkhan not been frozen at the end things may have ended diferently. Sarkhan receives 1 XP for participating in the battle.

I hope to see you both back again ^-^
Old 07-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #21
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Commiserations to Gemini and Sarkhan, it was one of the closest battles I've reffed in a long time, had Sarkhan not been frozen at the end things may have ended diferently. Sarkhan receives 1 XP for participating in the battle.

I hope to see you both back again ^-^
{Yeah, in hindsight I probably should've given Sarkhan Thunder Fang just so he could have a type advantaged attack for Corphish, but... yeah, I saw the Ice attacks and knew I was just going to have trouble here, and then I see my dragon frozen... I figured that sealed my fate. Good battle, ice spammer! ;) }

Hyrem could only watch as Sarkhan was pummeled by Drifty's attacks. The Hidden Power hurt in particular, but so did the Rock Slide and Brick Break attacks deal their damage. He could feel the same pain Sarkhan felt as each attack hit and ultimately overwhelmed the dragon, and he knew the ruling made by the referee was inevitable. He rushed over to his tired and injured friend and checked to make sure there wasn't any lasting damage to Sarkhan, lifted up the Cave Pokemon's head into his shoulders, and hugged him, ignoring Sarkhan's Rough Skin that scratched against his face. He knew Sarkhan wanted so badly to win the battle, and for him to lose like this must have been painful.

"Hey, Sark, I want you to know that you gave it your all, and that's all I can ask from you. You were really great out there, and really made it close. I'm proud to be your trainer, dude!" Hyrem said to Sarkhan as he smiled, tears flowing down his face.

Sarkhan looked at his trainer and gently wiped the tears away from his face. "Drud!" he said, giving a thumbs up and a weak smile in an effort to encourage him.

Hyrem was successfully encouraged and gave a thumbs up back. "Right, we'll get 'em next time!" He then stood up to meet Charm.

"Good job, Charm!" he said. "That Ice Beam got us good!"

Sarkhan also stood and approached Drifty. He had gained a healthy amount of respect for the Corphish and held out his fist so he and Riff could do a fist bump.

"I guess we'll both need to visit the Pokemon Center after this!" added Hyrem. "But first, heh heh... how do we get down from here?" he asked the ref nervously.

Sarkhan gained 1 XP!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #22
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Nice battle, GS/DS. Thanks for the awesome reffings, Arc.

*Pats Riff on the head* Let's go boy.

Riff: *bark bark*
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Trainer Battles > Battle Archive