UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 01-12-2014, 10:34 AM   #1
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo77
Rotom UPN PASBL: Mew the Gato (c) vs Dr. Ciel (a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew The Gato View Post
Mew The Gato (C) Vs. Dr Ciel (A)
3 Vs. 3
Singles
Equilevel 1
48 Hour DQ
Slapstick
Switch=KO
Lawn Arena
Ladies and gents, welcome to the Lawn Arena for today's exciting battle! So... green and grassy and stuff. Anyway, today's battle is between two newer trainers to the league, though if I'm correct, this is the first battle for one. Will Mew's slightly more experience help secure the victory, or will Ciel start off her career with a win? Let's get started to find out!

Le Order

Mew selects his squad
Ciel selects her squad and chooses her first Pokemon
Mew chooses his first Pokemon and orders
Ciel orders
I ref
Ciel orders
Mew orders
I ref

And so on. You ready? Let's go!

Last edited by Apollo77; 01-12-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Apollo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #2
Mew The Gato
Smile

Going to test my Generation VI Pokemon, too~

Agnibandar - Monferno Level 2 (Male)

Spoiler: show
Agnibandar started out small. He was born in a tribe of the Chimchar Line, and was always one of the weakest of the tribe. Even among the rookie Chimchar, he was considered pathetic. His parents had expected better out of him...

Agnibandar's tribe had very strict laws and code of conduct. One noticeable mistake, one Mach Punch to the face. Make a significant one, your head earns a Brick Break. Make a blunder, and Close Combat hits you black and blue.

That is not to say he was not loved. His parents -- and by extension, the elders of the tribe, always had faith in Agnibandar. They say potential, but also realized that he had special needs. He was not a normal Chimchar.

Of course, nothing comes without a price. Sometimes, it is harsh training that pull you through, sometimes torture, sometimes a specific form of discipline... and sometimes, destiny. The latter hit Agnibandar hard.

His tribe was devastated. Attacked not by whom they considered an enemy, either. In fact, the offender was their ideal, their guardian, and the one they respected above all -- the legendary Ho-oh.

They were shocked out of their wits. How could Ho-oh, such a prominent figure in lore, such a significant symbol of righteousness and kindness... commit such an offense? How could he betray their trust? No one knew. Not a single Pokemon had an idea. Unfortunately, there was not time to think. The elders had to protect the young.

Agnibandar ran and ran, trying to escape Ho-oh's fiery wrath. Unfortunately, the giant, mighty flaps of the phoenix's wings allowed it to swiftly gain ground upon all the Pokemon trying to escape. Most did not survive. And neither was Agnibandar going to.

At least, until his parents stepped in. They knew they stood no chance against the mighty Ho-oh. However, they had not lost faith in Agnibandar yet. They were determined to protect their child, even at the cost of their lives. With the Power of Love, they managed to stall Ho-oh long enough for Agnibandar to reluctantly escape.

By then, even though they were naturally faster than Ho-oh, they had been hurt too much to have the strength to escape. Instead, they perished, with the last happy thought that their child was safe. They died as heroes on that day.

Agnibandar was still young when he became an orphan. He used to dislike the strict treatment in his tribe, but as he realized what had happened, he understood that all that was for his own good. Vowing to live up to the elders' expectations, he broke down, crying.

Agnibandar, little by little, taught himself how to survive in the wild, alone. He remembered the things taught to his at his tribe, and realized how those skills, seemingly insignificant then, were so vital for his survival.

Later, after he had got used to survival in the wild, accepting that as his life, he learned about something that awakened immense fear in his heart. The rumours said that Ho-oh had been seen near the mountain range where he currently was.

The poor Chimchar was reminded of all the details, as if the attack had occurred only the previous day.

However, while he was overcome with fear, he also had anger sealed deep inside his heart. Ho-oh had killed his parents. He had to defend their honour -- he had to make Ho-oh pay.

He made his way to the summit of the mountain. Climbing the steep and tall mountain, he was extremely tired, but his anger gave him the strength to move on, and finally come face-to-face with the phoenix.

Ho-oh did not attack, but seemed to have memories of his own reawakened. As if he had a vague memory of seeing Agnibandar before.

Agnibandar, on the other hand, let his blood rush to his head as he attacked the giant, fiery bird. His enemy was surprised, seeing such a small Pokemon have the guts to challenge him. Nonetheless, he fought back -- but this time, he only intended to defend himself.

The decisive blow landed -- and Agnibandar collapsed. He had lost. He had failed to avenge his deceased parents. And he blamed himself for their death. He was disappointed with himself, and was even sadder that he could not defend his parents' honour.

In a quick surge, he shouted out all he had to say to Ho-oh. If he could not attack physically, he would do so verbally.

The shocked Ho-oh suddenly remembered it all -- how he had caused death and carnage. And what the reason behind it was. Trying to keep his composure, Ho-oh told him why he had attacked the tribe -- he was agitated. The Bell Tower, where he used to perch, had been destroyed. Seeing his previous home destroyed, Ho-oh has lost control of his emotions, and had gone on a rampage.

Agnibandar sensed the remorse in Ho-oh's words, and also realized how similar their histories were. Both had had their homes destroyed. Both were overcome with anger and grief.

Impressed with Agnibandar's courage and determination, Ho-oh gave him part of his power. A mystical skill that would help him in the years to come, as Agnibandar went through the process of evolution, evolving into a Monferno with a special ability.

Hidden Power: Ice

Special Training: Surea (Fire)
When Agnibandar is first sent out, the weather, if applicable, turns into harsh sunny weather for five rounds. As a drawback for this wonderful power, Agnibandar loses the ability to use Gunk Shot, Stealth Rock, Double Kick, Frustration, Aerial Ace, Toxic, Flame Charge, Flame Wheel, and normal Sunny Day. This is because his focus on maintaining the aura reduces his usual elemental versatility by a lot, and he cannot use Flame Charge and Flame Wheel because focusing on this Special Training made him forget how to use them.

Crafty - Scraggy Level 1 (Male)

Spoiler: show
Crafty used to be a very scatterbrained, but innocent Pokemon. He was obedient to not only his seniors, but also to his equals. He tried his best to impress others, especially his seniors, but usually made a blunder due to his clumsiness. He used to get distracted very easily. He could not focus his attention upon his opponent in battle, either, which meant that he suffered from quite a few defeats. People had varying opinions about him. Some people liked him due to his kindness and obedience, while others disliked him because of his incompetence in battle. He himself developed a low self esteem, which was very worrying for the people who did like him.

That is, until he met Atta Maggi the Abra. His new friend taught him the art of calmness. He taught him how to keep his mind focused on the goal whenever he needed to. At the same time, he taught Atta Maggi some of his own tricks. He went through regular meditation courses, his will wavering quite some times. However, he finally managed to tap on to the hidden Psychic potential in him, the first sign of which had been him using Zen Headbutt competently. Atta Maggi decided to teach him some of his own moves, and in the process, Crafty's hidden potential was unlocked. Since then, the two have been extremely good friends.

Hidden Power: Flying

Gato - Espurr Level 1 (Female)

Mendakh - Froakie Level 1 (Male)

Balwan - Rhyhorn Level 1 (Male)

Terrainium - Gible Level 1 (Male)
Mew The Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:42 PM   #3
Dr Ciel
Pokemon Trainer

Alright, here goes.

Maria - Riolu Level 1 (Female)

Katherine - Growlithe Level 1 (Female)

Serene - Natu - Level 1 (Female)

Takashi - Chinchou Level 1 (Male)

Rose - Deerling Level 1 (Female)

Ancient - Cranidos Level 1 (Male)

Alright, Katherine, let's show them what you got!
And do I remind you of
Somewhere you wanna be
So far out of reach
Ohhh I wish you’d open up for me
Cause I wanna know you
Amaryllis
Bloom
Dr Ciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:47 AM   #4
Mew The Gato
Smile

Mendakh, it is your time to shine. Toxic Spikes, Water Pulse. Replace either with Quick Burst Agility in the case of a super effective Move.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
Dr Ciel
Pokemon Trainer

Katherine, Crunch, then Body Slam!
And do I remind you of
Somewhere you wanna be
So far out of reach
Cause I wanna know you
Amaryllis
Bloom
Old 01-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #6
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Round 1: Status Effects Suck.

The two trainers are staring daggers at each other as they prepare to begin the match. Ciel clutches a Poke Ball, and tosses it out, releasing her Growlithe, Katherine. Mew responds by sending out a Froakie named Mendakh. How the hell I'm supposed to pronounce that, the world may never know. Let's take a look at their Species Characteristics to see what they're capable of.

Quote:
Growlithe (Fire): Arcanines and Growlithes are extremely loyal and brave. They are more likely to follow orders of their trainers, even if they consider such orders questionable. They are also more resistant to fear-inducing effects. Finally, their hearing is more sensitive than normal, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound attacks.
Quote:
Froakie (Water): Froakie is relatively agile and quick, moving with ninja-like skills. The bubbles around its neck give it a slight protection against attacks and allow it to quickly produce bubble-related attacks.
The stage is set, the orders are ready, let the battle commence! The quick Froakie is quick to employ his ninja-like quickness and quickly deploys a layer of Toxic Spikes, a quick way to status the opponent. The spikes on the ground release a thin, toxic vapor, which Katherine has no choice but to take in. Despite the toxic entering her, Katherine charges at Mendakh, baring her teeth and Crunching down on him, as well as injecting Dark energy. Mendakh retaliates with some nice, reliable typespam, and launches a Pulse of Water at Katherine, soaking her thoroughly and also leaving her rather confused. Katherine, clearly irritated, shakes out the water. She knows she's supposed to Body Slam, but she can't seem to make out her target with her head spinning like this. She charges forward, but doesn't connect with anything, causing Mendakh to chuckle from a few feet away. She's still boggled as the round comes to a close.

Mendakh had a good round, taking only damage from Crunch. He used a sizable amount of energy, but is far from a two-mover. Poison is about half gone.

Katherine didn't have a great round, taking a super-effective Water Pulse, so she's behind Mendakh in health, though not by much. She too used a sixable amount of energy, and is about even with Mendakh. However, she's poisoned and confused.

Ciel to order.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:46 AM   #7
Dr Ciel
Pokemon Trainer

Katherine, look for an opening, then Rock Smash!
And do I remind you of
Somewhere you wanna be
So far out of reach
Cause I wanna know you
Amaryllis
Bloom
Old 01-15-2014, 04:32 AM   #8
Mew The Gato
Smile

Wait for his move to end, then Hydro Pump. I would usually not use it so early, due to its high power, but his confusion should make it work. Afterwards, Water Pulse again.

EDIT: Also, Mendakh is pronounced, "Main - Dhak". The "A" in "Dhak" is pronounced as "U" in "Uh." It is Hindi for "frog".

Last edited by Mew The Gato; 01-16-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #9
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Round 2: Froggie Fire Department

The round begins with a Katherine who's mind really isn't with it right now. Thankfully for her, Mendakh is choosing to wait for her to attack before he does anything, so he's standing still, making himself an easier target. Katherine manages to find Mendakh and deliver a Rock Smash, slamming a paw right into the Froakie's torso. This doesn't really do much, since Mendakh isn't exactly made out of stone. Mendakh is now ready to attack, and he does so by pretending he's a fire hydrant unleashing a powerful Hydro Pump. The colossal jet of water deluges Katherine, that's gotta hurt. The confusion is knocked out of her though, so I guess that's a small victory. Katherine has no more orders, so Mendakh continues to channel his inner firefighter and lets out another Water Pulse, washing over Katherine again. No confusion was inflicted this time (though the RNG came pretty damn close), but Katherine is really hurting from all the water, as well as the poison that adds insult to injury.

Katherine looks like she just climbed out of the Pacific Ocean in the middle of a tsunami. She's already out of her first third of health. She used very little energy though, and is feeling fresh from the one-mover. Fighting energy is 1/2 gone.

Mendakh took little damage from the Rock Smash, so has a large lead in health right now. He did use quite a lot of energy, especially from Hydro Pump, but is still okay for two next round.

Mew to order.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:32 AM   #10
Mew The Gato
Smile

Wait for him to do his things, then Water Pulse. However, if he goes for a super effective Move during the wait, just use Protect, and do not use that Water Pulse.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #11
Dr Ciel
Pokemon Trainer

Wait for the Water Pulse, then use Protect
And do I remind you of
Somewhere you wanna be
So far out of reach
Cause I wanna know you
Amaryllis
Bloom
Old 01-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #12
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Round 3: Let's See Some Action Already

The round begins with... waiting. Seriously, neither of them actually wants to DO anything, but instead is waiting for his/her opponent to make their move. Mendakh and Katherine simply stare at each other. Not even like an intense gaze or anything, just a semi-blank stare. How wonderful. They eventually decide to just throw caution to the wind and do something already. Mendakh lets out another Water Pulse, and Katherine quickly throws up a Protective shield to ward off the attack. Well I'm just positively riveted right now.

Neither Pokemon took any damage. Both used a bit of energy, but are now fresh.

Ciel to order.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #13
Dr Ciel
Pokemon Trainer

Okay Katherine, confuse it by using Double Team, then hit it with a Dragonbreath!
And do I remind you of
Somewhere you wanna be
So far out of reach
Cause I wanna know you
Amaryllis
Bloom
Old 01-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #14
Mew The Gato
Smile

Ah, the time is perfect~

Take Dragonbreath, then unleash two Hydro Pumps.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #15
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Round 4: Failed Deception

Oh hey, it looks like the orders this round will actually be entertaining! Katherine begins by moving back and forth quickly with Double Team, and soon it appears that there are five of her! Mendakh, however, doesn't seem intimidated at all, and waits for his opponent's next move. This comes when Katherine exhales a Breath of Dragon energy, landing a nice hit on Mendakh. However, the energy needed causes the clones to dissipate, which gives Mendakh the opening he needs. He lets loose a Hydro Pump, thoroughly soaking Katherine yet again. He doesn't show any mercy, launching yet another Hydro Pump, and these repeated cannons of water are really flooding Katherine right now. Like, that frog is a freaking Super Soaker right now.

Katherine just got drenched. A lot. She's already well into her final third of health after that beating. As for energy, she used a large amount, but is good for two next round. Dragon is about a third gone.

Mendakh took only one hit, so his health lead has grown tremendously. He did use a lot of energy though, and is in his second third now, but is still okay for two next round.

Mew to order.

(Word of Advice for you, Ciel: When you use Double Team, you can only use moves of your own type or typeless to maintain the clones. If you use a move of any other type, the clones will disappear.)
Old 01-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #16
Mew The Gato
Smile

Water Pulse, Water Pulse. Oh, and remember to wait until he does his things, but use Protect if he uses a super effective Move during the wait, and in that case, do not use one Scald, so that this is not a three mover.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #17
Dr Ciel
Pokemon Trainer

Agility to avoid both Water Pulses, then Take Down.
And do I remind you of
Somewhere you wanna be
So far out of reach
Cause I wanna know you
Amaryllis
Bloom
Old 01-20-2014, 04:43 AM   #18
Mew The Gato
Smile

So that the referee does not have to waste time, I shall ask: are you sure you want to do this? It is a three mover, and you get only one of these in this battle.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #19
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Yeah Ciel, when you order a three-mover you've gotta confirm it in your post. Unless your order was to use ONE agility to dodge both, in which case, this would not be a 3 mover, but either way I'll need some clarification.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:39 AM   #20
Mew The Gato
Smile

...after having asked Dr. Ciel about it several times, I have not received a reply. (I get replies if I talk about other things, but not this.)

As such, I would prefer to cancel this match.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #21
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Alrighty then, this match is officially cancelled. No one gets anything, you get your slots back.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL