Equievo
Grass/Lawn Arena

YOU CRAZY KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN THIS ISN'T LIKE THE OLD DAYS LIKE 2004

idk who's challenger...so...you guys go for it
S_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Rangeet challenged like 4 months ago. So he posts first.

Also, thanks for taking the match.

Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
I may be level 1, but I'm no pushover, good luck I_D, you'll need it if I decide to go on my "all or nothing" blitzes.
Lvl 1 F Torchic--->Lvl 4 F Blaziken

Lvl 2 F Fearow--->Lvl 5 F Fearow
Fearow, for some reason, loves sharp things. And one day, when she put her beak into a knife sharpener...
Special Training: Sharp Beak
Fearow's beak is very sharp, so any attack using the beaks will do 1.5x damage. However, it also uses 1.25x energy.

Lvl 1 M Dratini----->Lvl 4 M Dragonair
Bio: Dratini lived in an extremely storm-bound area before I caught her. Because of this:
Special Training: Static=Extra
Due to experiencing regular storms, Dratini's electric attacks do 1.5x damage. However, his resistance to electric attacks is now gone, meaning that electric attacks do normal damage to him.Energy usage for electric attacks is 1.25x

Lvl 1 M Gastly---->Lvl 4 M Haunter
I was walking through a deep forest when suddenly I saw Gastly being attacked by a gang of Weavile. I chased off the Weavile with my Machop and the Gastly came to me in gratitude. I captured it, but it always remembers that it's weak against dark. So it made a fighting-type sig move.
Signature Move: Immediate Retribution[Fighting]
Gastly spits some fighting energy out of its mouth. Damage=Aura Sphere, energy: 1.2x Aura Sphere. 2 times per match.

Lvl 1 M Magikarp---->Lvl 4 M Gyarados()

Lvl 1 F Machop----->Lvl 4 F Machoke
Machop always loves music, especially The Lion King- Circle of Life. She always listens to the song, either that or some other song. Because of this...
Signature Training: Music is soothing:
Machop is always 20% happier than other Machops would be normally. Therefore, Taunt has affects him 15% less.But, he is 25% more affected by Charm, Attract, Captivate etc.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:21 AM   #4
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Good luck to you too, Rangeet. May you rest in peace.

Venera: Level 5 Male Salamence
Venera lived a very lonely life within his clan of other Bagon and Shelgon. He was always the outcast and never had any friends whatsoever. To combat this loneliness, he became accustomed to creating a Double Team clone that had real solidarity to it and could think on its own, so he could have someone, even though it was a complete copy of himself, to play with. He used to do everything with this companion. However, the other members of the Clan thought it was quite funny to destroy the clone, by touching it with something with enough strength to make it disappear, just like a normal Double Team clone.
Special Attack: Furuiton, Gatsuuga (Dragon)
When Venera uses Double Team, he only ever creates one clone. In a twister style movement, Venera and his clone spin to create very fast winds around them both and then they jump at their opponent and spiral around each other. The attack deals damage equal to 1.5x Twister. It takes the energy of 1.5x Twister. It counts as a two-move combo when the clone is not already on the field. The clone cannot be destroyed while performing this attack, but immediately disappears after the attack hits.

Blade: Level 4 Male Gallade
Blade has been training all his life. He has always been against fighting to solve problems, and instead he has always tried talking to resolve issues. Since meeting me, he has come to understand that fighting is mostly a necessary thing, especially with me. However, as a result he started some special training and has finally returned to me with the results. This training was specifically to master the art of the fighting style that is known as Juuken.
Special Training: Seiton, Juuken (Psychic)
Blade has a special fighting ‘mode’ known as Juuken. This is a hand-to-hand combat style that stays on the back foot and tries to dodge as much as possible, using the opponents weight against them like in Judo. Beginning this fighting ‘mode’ counts as a move in battle and must be ordered. Conversely, Blade can stop using Juuken when ordered to do so, but this does not count as an attack. When he uses Juuken, he expends energy equivalent to a 1.5x Foresight every round in order to maintain this style. The style also includes putting some energy in his palms so that with every hit that makes physical contact, extra energy is put into the area touched so that each hit has a 10 % chance of partial paralysis of the limb touched. This increases the energy usage of all attacks that make physical contact take an extra 20 % energy to use.

Buzz: Level 4 Male Electabuzz
Buzz is always making sparks. Ever since I first met him, he just couldn’t stop himself from doing it. So, we decided to practice with the spark generation. After some serious long and hard training, he was able to generate quite a substantial field around himself. This field, when concentrated in one part of the body became a very powerful attack. It also had a very nice side effect.
Special Attack: Raiton, Chidori (Electric)
To concentrate the sparks, Buzz uses the energy of Thunderpunch. He chooses to concentrate the energy into his fist and arm for a more powerful version of a Thunderpunch. When he attacks, however, he moves at lightning speed that uses the energy of a Quick Attack. So, the total damage dealt by the attack is equal to 2x Thunderpunch and the total energy used is equal to a 2x Thunderpunch and a Quick Attack. The part of the opponent’s body that Buzz hits (except the head or chest) with this attack is paralysed for two rounds.

Shade: Level 4 Male Sableye
Shade met me when I was visiting a neighbouring town. He decided he liked me for some reason and kept following me, the stalker. I knew nothing about it until one night when he caught me with some technique and I could barely move. He showed himself to me and forced me to take him long with me. I later learned that he was running from his old trainer who treated him like he never existed and never acknowledged his special ability.
Special Attack : Kuroton, Kage Nui (Dark)
Shade puts his hands together in a special seal that allows him to make his shadow jet-black in colour. Immobile, he uses his shadow by extending it in a single line. If the shadow touches the opponent's shadow, they also become immobile. Then, Shade splits the shadow up into 10 strands and has them become a tangible thread that rises out of the ground and pierce the opponent. Each strand deals 0.2x the damage of a Crunch, as such the entire amount of damage can be 2x a Crunch and uses the energy of 2 Crunches. Since it’s based on the movement of a shadow, the attack can only be used where a shadow can be formed (i.e. it can’t be used at night when there is no moon). This attack has a 50% fail rate.

Raesta: Level 4 Male Aerodactyl
Raesta is one of the more feisty of its kind. Spending most of his time, flying around and generally making a hazard of himself. His most favourite type of attack is Fire since most of his Fire-typed attacks are released from his mouth. One day, he was playing around with his fire-type energy and burned Vynolia a bunch. We he went for his next attack, she closed his mouth with her vines. When she finally let him loose, the expulsion of the energy was what created his new attack.
Special Attack: Katon, Goukakyu no Jutsu (Fire)
Raesta concentrates a ton of energy in his mouth and then shoots it out in one big blast. The concentrated energy explodes on impact, creating a massive fireball around the opponent or whatever it ends up landing on. The attack has a 10ft radius and this can sometimes include Raesta in small arenas. It deals the same damage as a 1.5x a Fireblast and the same energy to perform.

Wraith: Level 4 Male Nidoking
Wraith spends his time training his backside off. His addition to the team caused some ruckus, but everyone settled down and now enjoy the push they all get from Wraith, especially during the training sessions, which of course are in addition to the training sessions he does by himself. In fact, I can't even remember the last time he ate with us as a whole team. His personality is an endearing one, but then again, he's just so full of energy and drive that it can be a little overwhelming at times. His attack has been something of talk throughout the team. He made it his own when he was very young, or so I’ve been able to work out.
Special Attack: Pakuton, Futtobase (Ghost)
Wraith creates thick swirling winds around him before concentrating and channeling that energy into his right hand. The energy swirls about mostly in his hand while some of it races around his whole arm. He then pummels his fist into the opponent, the impact causing an explosion. He takes no damage from the explosion as the slight excess energy absorbs the backlash of the explosion. The damage dealt is 0.75x a FC Shadow Ball and the energy is 0.8x a FC Shadow Ball. This can only be used 2 times per match.

And to kick things off, seeing as I see you have no answers for him........ Wraith! Battoru Sutations!

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 03-18-2010, 12:44 AM   #5
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Stop being wrong it's bad to be wrong.
...and bringing out the inevitable Dragonair! Dragon Pulse, please. Then Water Pulse(orb form).

inb4takeeverythingandBlizzardx3
Old 03-18-2010, 12:49 AM   #6
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Dig to avoid the pulse, then Ice Beam

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 03-18-2010, 01:04 AM   #7
S_M
Volcano Badge

Send a message via AIM to S_M
From one end of the astoundingly interesting grass field, a Nidoking. It roars in triumph as it stares down its opponent, a slender Dragonair. Massive facepalming will likely ensue at some point.

Dragonair starts off, its mouth opening wide as it sends a thick volley of a rings of royal blue draconic energy, which rush through the air and strike into Nidoking for some significant damage, right off of the bat. Nidoking roars in pain before it begins to claw at the ground beneath its feet, easily penetrating the relatively soft earth. Dragonair sees its opponent escaping, and quickly spawns an orb of water energy which it launches at its opponent. Nidoking's large stature works against it as the orb clips its shoulder region just as it is submerging beneath the ground, though the damage is greatly lessened with the partial hit as the orb explodes, sending water everywhere. Nidoking disappears underground.

Dragonair looks around quite nervously as it attempts to locate its opponent. Unnoticed by the dragon, however, a large mound appears behind it as Nidoking tears through the grass, opening its mouth wide and quickly forming a small globe of cerulean ice energy. From this globe, a beam erratically jets across the field, striking Dragonair. Dragonair whips its head around and glares at Nidoking as it cries out in pain and a bit of ice forms across its midsection, likely hampering its agility until it is removed...

Dragonair took a good single hit and sits a slight bit below 3/4 on the health scale. Its energy use was rather heavy and it sits closer to 3/4 than to perfect. It used some of its water energy but has a good deal remaining.

Nidoking took significant damage as well, which is actually significant; its health is slightly above 3/4. It is better off energywise than Dragonair by a decent margin. It used a majority of its ice energy.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:37 AM   #8
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Uproar. If it comes close, Dynamic Punch, if not Focus Blast

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 03-18-2010, 01:55 AM   #9
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

....lol.
Doesn't Dragonair get Light Screen? Goddamit >,< Also I request (another) re-order if we're not in close, I expect we are coz Dig but never hurts to make sure.
Awesome start, Dragonair. While it's Uproaring smack it silly with another Orb form Water Pulse, get it nice and wet. Then turn it into a popsicle with a nice Blizzard.

Last edited by Rangeet; 03-18-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Rangeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #10
S_M
Volcano Badge

Nidoking has priority; it glances at Dragonair before bellowing loudly, sending a shockwave across the field which strikes into Dragonair, doing some decent damage in the process. Dragonair looks a bit startled by the attack but carries on; it forms another orb of water energy which it flings down onto its opponent, Nidoking roaring in pain as the globe of water bursts over it, doing some heavy damage to the partial ground type.

Dragonair begins to gather its ice energy as Nidoking gathers its fighting; they release them both at the same time. Nidoking's Focus Blast flies through the air while Dragonair's mouth opens wide, releasing a blast of frigid air much reminiscent of Pennsylvania the past few months. In any case, the concentrated blast and the orb of energy meet head-on in the middle of the two Pokemon, but given the lack of type energy associated with Blizzard, no awesome explosion ensues; there is a virtual stalemate as the orb blocks the progress of the Blizzard, while the Blizzard prevents the orb from reaching its target. After a few moments of this tug-of-war, the attacks fade, both Pokemon wasting equally heavy amounts of energy.

Dragonair used a decent amount more energy this round than its opponent, but remains well above half. It took a decent hit and fell accordingly healthwise.

Nidoking took heavy damage from the Water Pulse, slightly below Dragonair on health. It used a good amount of energy but is considerably above Dragonair.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #11
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Listen up good Dragonair. Spend the rest of your water energy in a Bubblebeam, then use a Fire Blast. Feel free to instead Reflect back any Bide beams, Ice Beams, Blizzards or Mc-or-more powered Hyper Beams.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #12
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Dig to avoid the Fire Blast, then Dragon Pulse

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 03-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #13
S_M
Volcano Badge

Dragonair charges up and fires a condensed stream of bubbles, actually not fully depleting its water energy stores due to its aquatic nature. Hey it's my scale I can do what I want >> But yeah. The bubbles fly through the air and wash over Nidoking, who roars in pain but takes the attack. Dragonair observes its opponent for a moment before it rears its head back for a Fire Blast; Nidoking sees this and begins to Dig through the soil again, making some use of its past tunnel which expedites the process as Dragonair releases a heavy stream of fire. The fire quickly morphs into a stick figure which flies across the field and scorches the grass where Nidoking had been standing, the grass glowing somewhat with fire but it's not like healthy grass catches fire easily. Dragonair, quite unhappy with this second disappearing act, is quite winded after that "ultimate" attack and doesn't see Nidoking popping up to its left, somehow getting some dragon energy from somewhere and blasting it into Dragonair for some heavy damage, though I don't know if Nidoking would be able to pull off that nifty trick again with its type energy reserves.

Dragonair is moderately above 1/4 on health after that blow. It is also a bit below half on energy after its large consumption these rounds.

Nidoking is below 1/2 health, but is significantly closer to 1/2 than 1/4. It is a bit above half on energy.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:51 PM   #14
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Nice going, Wraith. Keep up the tempo with another Ice Beam. Then follow with a Secret Power

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 03-23-2010, 04:09 AM   #15
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

....um....meh. I'll be relying on the RNG for this one. Bide, kthx.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #16
S_M
Volcano Badge

Bide's description is a bit vague in areas such as this but nevertheless:

Dragonair coats itself in a red aura as it stares down its opponent. Nidoking tilts its head for a moment before it lets fire an Ice Beam, the erratic thunderbolt of ice energy striking the immobile Dragonair for some heavy damage, apparently knocking it to the verge of KO as the red aura intensifies. Nidoking, not willing to give its opponent even a chance, fires a jet of white energy that slams into Dragonair, the red aura disappearing as Dragonair falls to the ground in a heap.

Dragonair is unable to battle! Rangeet, your next Pokemon please!

Some heavy energy use puts Nidoking well beneath 1/2 energy.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #17
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Man am I unlucky. Over a Hyper Beam's worth of damage doesn't trigger Bide. Oh well.

Haunter, then, shall be my next pokemon. *released pretty high in the air, near Nidoking* Quickly Psychic (wave), please. Then Confuse Ray. Feel free to instead use Agility to dodge any Shadow Balls over QC charge.

Last edited by Rangeet; 03-23-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Rangeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #18
S_M
Volcano Badge

A note the Bide only "saw" it as an Ice Beam hitting it, not an Ice Beam x2.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #19
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

This is why the Bide descript is hard to ref. But yes, S_M is very right in this case, the Bide Aura sees the damage differently to the actual 'mon when taking the damage. Though I kinda expected you'd try and Bide that round

In any case, Wraith, you're doing an awesome job out there! That psychic's gonna hurt, but you'll be ok. CLose your eyes and then burn its ass with a Fire Blast

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 03-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #20
S_M
Volcano Badge

Rangeet recalls his fallen dragon and replaces it with a Haunter, who stares down its regal opponent.

Haunter starts off its run with a bang, its eyes glowing green as it sends a wave of force toward Nidoking, who is struck hard and takes a few steps backward as its health plummets from the strength of the attack. Nidoking then shuts its eyes as Haunter's eyes glow white, the ghost directing a beam of light at Nidoking. The light strikes, but because the poison's eyes are closed, it has little effect. Haunter looks rather surprised as Nidoking opens its eyes, still rational, and charges up its fire energy, sending a blast of fire out that morphs into a stick figure and slams into the solid Haunter for some heavy damage. But it floats back up to its original position, smoking slightly perhaps.

Haunter is a bit above 3/4 health after that blow, but is overall fine and between 3/4 and perfect on energy, using only a bit more energy than a Psychic.

Nidoking isn't looking as well, below 1/4 on health and approaching that marker on energy.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #21
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Awesome Wraith. Now, go for a MC Shadow Ball and then a Water Pulse

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 03-25-2010, 04:02 AM   #22
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Stop letting me use Psychic to pop the shadow ball + deal loads of damage in one. Stop letting me take the water pulse and use a MC Shadow Ball to hopefully down that annoying thing.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #23
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

I like giving you opportunities It's more challenging for me.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 03-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #24
S_M
Volcano Badge

Haunter watches as Nidoking holds its palms apart, a swirling mass of black energy forming between them. OMGWTF mode kicks in for Haunter and he unleashes a Psychic blast rather quickly, sending a second wave of force sweeping across the battlefield and slamming into Nidoking and the still-forming Shadow Ball. Having only been charging for a few seconds, the ball is moderately powered at best; nevertheless it explodes, the ghastly winds sweeping over Nidoking and perhaps sending a chill through Haunter due to the proximity that Rangeet had ordered with Haunter's release. Nidoking glares, looking severely beat up by the attack but just barely, barely standing. It gathers its energy before sending a ball of water at Haunter, who is ordered to take the attack; Haunter loyally stays solid as the water bursts over it and Haunter takes some moderate damage. Nevertheless Haunter copies Nidoking's trick, sending a massive swirling ball of energy across the field which strikes into Nidoking, doing damage which epitomizes overkill in this instance.

Nidoking is unable to battle! Next Pokemon, I_D!

Haunter used a lot more energy than it needed to to take down Nidoking, but alas, in any instance, it succeeded. It took some moderate damage to bring it below 3/4 health. Energywise, it sits between 1/2 and 3/4 energy.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:00 PM   #25
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Wraith, you have done an awesome job! Well done, my friend. Now for the real fun, Rangeet. Meet Shade! Battoru Sutations, you good gremlin you.

Shade: Level 4 Male Sableye
Shade met me when I was visiting a neighbouring town. He decided he liked me for some reason and kept following me, the stalker. I knew nothing about it until one night when he caught me with some technique and I could barely move. He showed himself to me and forced me to take him long with me. I later learned that he was running from his old trainer who treated him like he never existed and never acknowledged his special ability.
Special Attack: Kuroton, Kage Nui (Dark)
Shade puts his hands together in a special seal that allows him to make his shadow jet-black in colour. Immobile, he uses his shadow by extending it in a single line. If the shadow touches the opponent's shadow, they also become immobile. Then, Shade splits the shadow up into 10 strands and has them become a tangible thread that rises out of the ground and pierce the opponent. Each strand deals 0.2x the damage of a Crunch, as such the entire amount of damage can be 2x a Crunch and uses the energy of 2 Crunches. Since it’s based on the movement of a shadow, the attack can only be used where a shadow can be formed (i.e. it can’t be used at night when there is no moon). This attack has a 50% fail rate.

So since I have more energy than you, I feel like using an order I used very recently against S_M. Shadow Sneak, Kuroton, Kage Nui.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL