UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 12-16-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
DragonDance
Soul Badge

Send a message via MSN to DragonDance
UPN PASBL: quintowill vs. Spikkle

And here we have a contest between who I really don't know, but I told him i'd do this anyway, and someone who I have both battled and reffed for in the past. hmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
3 vs 3
96hr (loose) DQ
Slapstick
Switch=KO
Equiall
Dojo Arena
Dragondance will ref.
And the arena will be:

Quote:
Dojo (Indoor. Advanced Arena for Indoor Battles): An advanced level arena, not recommended for novice referees or trainers. A small wooden building, with about half the space of a normal arena. Subject to the effects of outside weather, and in particular nasty situations could be ripped apart by that weather.
Special Rules: Confined, Exposed to outside, Ridiculously Easily Destroyed.
Optional Special Rules: Onlookers, Weather (Any). May not have an Announcer, Artificial Lighting (Any), Battle Platforms, Fire Sprinklers, Grandstand, or a Stadium.
Looks like we've got snow squalls outside. Will this come into play? Who knows. It's already chilled the arena inside a little bit. sux2byou guys who aren't used to Canadian winters.

Spikkle, you're up.

Level 4: 38-14-7, 76 KO's, 212 TP, 0 SP, B- ref
DragonDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:20 AM   #2
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
Good luck Quinto, and thanks for taking this DD, lol.

RockOn: Level 1 Female Vulpix
Bio: RockOn is a heavy-metal vulpix, with particularly long bangs, dyed black, and the uncanny ability to play totally sweet guitar licks using only her tongue.
Signature move: Feeding the Fire and Flames (Special Attack, Ghost/Fire)
Calling forth a spiritual replica of Jimmy Page through her ghostly connections, RockOn breathes a tiny flaming guitar into the air and the ghost plays the solo from Communication Breakdown. The guitar grows in size and energy as RockOn feeds the flames, before the solo finishes, the ghostly form promptly disappears and the guitar is smashed over the opponent's head (or head-equivalent). The attack takes the energy of an Ominous Wind plus a Flamethrower and does a Flamethrower's worth of damage, with a slight chance of face-melting (read as: confusion, 10%). Only fire-type damage is done to the opponent and the entire attack lasts just over 25 seconds, and can and will be interrupted if RockOn loses concentration during that time. Not even RockOn herself can handle more than one solo a night from the Page, meaning that she can only perform the attack once per battle.

Bug-in Me: Level 1 Female Mawile
Bio: Bug-in Me really doesn't like being taken by surprise; she is the living antithesis of pratical jokers and bears a great grudge against anyone who in her eyes conforms to this stereotype (here's looking at YOU, Aipom. *waggles fist*) She is therefore often taken to have a somewhat severe personality, but actually has a softer side towards her teammates and those she trusts.
Special Attack: Deadly Interception (Normal)
Tired of being snuck up upon, Bug-in Me has developed a cruel remedy for any who would dare to do so. She can now use a variation on Reversal, which works in much the same way, except that rather than her arms she uses her gaping gnashers to grab the offending limb etc. and hurl the opponent to the ground. This attack does a Bite's worth more damage than the normal move thanks to the clamping action of her deadly jaws, but uses a Strength's worth more energy due to the physical exertion required to lift the opponent using only her mouth.

Drybones: Level 1 Male Duskull
Drybones is a desert nomad with a shady past. He is obsessed with his own twisted form of justice and all things dry and itchy, with a particular affection for sand. He always makes sure that his opponents get their Just Desserts. [/lame pun]
Signature Move: Dry Dry Desserts (Special Technique, Fire)
Drybones enters ethereal form and charges a finger with fire energy, placing it on the opponent's tongue to dry their taste buds and parch their throat. The attack does no direct damage but leaves the target incredibly parched, with their mouth and throat all dry and itchy eww. Can result in coughing, gasping for air, and in rare cases slight confusion (a roughly 10% chance). Closing of the mouth to avoid this attack is useless as per the ethereal state. This attack is useless against water pokemon or those that are otherwise naturally wet, and has no effect on pokemon with no obvious tongue to speak of (such as Lileep or Magnemite). The effects wear off if any sort of water attack is used by the opponent or if any water enters the opponent's mouth by any other means. It wears off naturally at the end of the round in which it is used (though any confusion gained will carry over as normal). Energy usage equivalent to Will-o-wisp. Drybones can only use this technique twice per battle.

Baby John: Level 1 Male Togepi
Sig Pending

Tinny Winny: Level 1 Genderless Magnemite
Sig Pending

Borisina: Level 1 Female Drowzee
Borisina is abnormally strong-willed and determined, and stubborn to boot. She never backs down on anything she commits to, even if she can see that it will only end in misery.
Signature Move: Hard-headed (Special Training)
Borisina's strength of will means that she enters battle with an effect similar to Calm Mind present, without the increase in special attack capability. All other effects of Calm Mind remain in this technique.
Spikkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
quintowill
Soul Badge

Send a message via AIM to quintowill Send a message via MSN to quintowill Send a message via Yahoo to quintowill Send a message via Skype™ to quintowill
I remember that Vulpix. And Drowzee...

Geico
Level 2 Grovyle male

Level 2 Misdreavus

Level 2 Murkrow Male

Ivy
Level 3 Female Marowak
I caught this Cubone because of its special feature: instead of having a solid bone, it was holding the vertebrae of some animal. With some tampering of the weapon and some training from Ivy Valentine, Cubone learned to use his new whip effectively.
Special Training: Whip Stance (UNKNOWN)
With a flip of his wrist, Cunbone can make the bone in his hand go from semi solid to a whip. Because of this, Cubone can use all whip and Wrap attacks, each taking 125% more energy to use. Also, all physical attacks that use the bone to attack while in solid mode will do 80% damage because the the bone is no longer solid. When throwing the bone, it has a chance to trip the foe or wrap around the foes legs.

Level 1 Totodile Male

Spock
Level 2 Kadabra male

Straight from the USS Enterprise comes Spock

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Note: banner is not up to date...
quintowill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Heh, maybe we can finish the match before I run off again, eh quinto?

Wasn't sure of your level so just treat my squad as if it's been equi'd up to 2 (no evos)

RockOn, take your position.

Secret Power, Dark Pulse.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
quintowill
Soul Badge

Send a message via AIM to quintowill Send a message via MSN to quintowill Send a message via Yahoo to quintowill Send a message via Skype™ to quintowill
Light Screen then Future Sight.

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Old 12-20-2009, 01:47 AM   #6
DragonDance
Soul Badge

So here we are, at the tiny Dojo, which is being blasted by a massive snowstorm. Inside the arena stand two trainers, each with a Pokeball in hand. Both balls are tossed, revealing a Kadabra and an emoish, un-metal Vulpix. Orders are given out, and we're underway.

Vulpix starts off by firing that powdery beam we all know as Secret Power by now. Kadabra doesn't flinch, though, quickly setting up a Light Screen to absorb the beam.

Kadabra then takes the time to focus, looking into the future. The Dark Pulse that smashes into the screen infront of him doesn't distract him from his forseeing, though some cracks do appear on the screen.

Neither side took any damage. Kadabra used more energy, but it's still close so far.

Last edited by DragonDance; 12-20-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
quintowill
Soul Badge

Calm Mind. If the screen breaks Tri-Attack. If not, Psychic slam it to the ceiling.

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Old 12-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #8
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Barge through the screen to lay the smack down on Spock with a Punishment. Then Crunch him in the face.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:59 AM   #9
DragonDance
Soul Badge

Kadabra starts off by closing his eyes, and focusing. Increasing his special attacks with a Calm Mind. Vulpix doesn't like this idea, though, charging at the Screen, glowing with typespammy Dark energy. The Screen breaks, and the Punishment hits doing high, super effective damage. Vulpix then tries to typespam some more, but her Crunch is met by a boosted Tri Attack, knocking her back a few feet. Vulpix gets up, and winces, her face having been Burned by the attack....

Kadabra took a high amount of damage, and used a good bit of energy. Health is still above 3/4 by a bit.

Vulpix took good damage, and used good energy. Dark energy is running low already, but she still has more then enough for another Crunch. She's currently aheard on both Health and Energy, with the bigger lead being in Health.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Great work. Use a Quick Attack to hop up and over him, then Flamethrower him in the buttocks.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #11
quintowill
Soul Badge

Use your Psychic powers to catch her in midair and fling her into a wall. Then use another Psychic Blast.

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Old 01-03-2010, 04:22 AM   #12
DragonDance
Soul Badge

Vulpix, ignoring the burn on her face, darts at Kadabra in a Quick Attack. But instead of hitting the Psychic, she opts to jump over him for some reason. Or at least she tries to, as just as hshe flies over his head, Kadabra uses his Psychic Powers to lock onto the fox, and throw her towards a Wall. The impact isn't enough to break it, but it does hurt. Kadabra then, quickly fires a wave of that same Psychic energy, smashing into Vulpix for more solid damage. Vulpix wont take it sitting down, though, as she is quick to retaliate, firing a Flamethrower towards Kadabra, doing good damage and making the round a bit more even.

Kadabra took a good hit, and used alot of energy. and is below 3/4, but has a lead on Health. Energy is still above 3/4 but is trailing.

Vulpix took high damage, and used good energy. Health is below 3/4 by a good bit, and Energy is still above 3/4

Old 01-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #13
quintowill
Soul Badge

Don't forget about Future Sight...

Use your Psychic powers to lift RockOn and slam her on HER FACE!!! Then Thunder Wave

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Old 01-14-2010, 04:52 AM   #14
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Take it all. Dark Pulse, then Will-o-wisp him in the eyes.

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #15
DragonDance
Soul Badge

bumping for myself

i'm still here.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #16
DragonDance
Soul Badge

okay here we go.

Kadabra, continuing his assault, uses more of his Psychic powers to lift up Vulpix, before slamming her back down, face first to the floor. Clearly in pain, the fox doesn't have any time to get back up before several tendrils of electricity shoot at her. The Thunderwave successfully binds Vulpix, paralyzing her. Despite this, she's able to fire off a Typespam blob Dark Pulse. The blob hits Kadabra, doing a big chunk of damage. She then tried to follow it up with a Wil-o-Wisp, but finds herself unable to move, bound by her paralysis.

The round ends as, for some strange reason, a light breeze picks up indoors.

Kadabra took more damage then Vulpix this round, and also used more energy. Health is about even, with Kadabra maintaining a small lead. Both are nearing 1/2. Vulpix has a decent lead in energy, both of them being below 3/4. Vulpix is also paralyzed.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #17
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Keep up the pace, dodging projectiles with Agility. Whatever happens fire off a Flamethrower somewhere in the mix, preferably when it's vulnerable/charging up.

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #18
quintowill
Soul Badge

Disable until the Future Sight hits. Then Psywave.

Last edited by quintowill; 02-28-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #19
quintowill
Soul Badge

Bump

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Old 03-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #20
DragonDance
Soul Badge

As the indoor winds pick up, Vulpix gets ready for the imminent Future Sight attack, and looks to get out of the way, but find herself unable to move! She's being Disabled by the Kadabra, locked into place as the beam of Psychic energy smashes into the fox, doing solid damage.

Kadabra then concentrates, and not before long, 7 waves of psychic energy are sent towards Vulpix. The Psywave hits, doing good damage, and leaving Vulpix in a good bit of mental pain. Unable to think clearly, she fires off a Flamethrower without waiting for the Psychic to become venerable, and he is able to sidestep about 1/3 of the fire, still taking high damage, however.

Vulpix took a good bit more damage, but also used less energy.

Both are below 1/2 now, Kadabra opened up his lead, though, and is closer to the 1/2 mark. Kadabra is right near 1/2 in Energy, too, and is trailing by a good margin. It's definitely showing in his breathing.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #21
quintowill
Soul Badge

Eww Peyton...

Future Sight again then Hidden Power.

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Old 03-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #22
quintowill
Soul Badge

Bump

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Old 04-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #23
quintowill
Soul Badge

24 hour til Dq..

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Old 04-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #24
DragonDance
Soul Badge

gonna do a free round?

Old 04-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #25
quintowill
Soul Badge

Yup...

FC Shadow Ball and x2 Psychic blast.

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL