UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 03-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #51
Mew The Gato
Smile

"...Neutral? I was hoping for Jigglypuff.

Trap them in a whirlpool Sand Tomb to prevent those moves. Spit out a Toxic before retreating as evasively as you can."

Last edited by Mew The Gato; 03-20-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Mew The Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:30 AM   #52
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: to the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Swadloon Round 8: Forgotten Title

With Mors taking himself down to stop Terrainium from wasting even more energy and to give him a gift, that being a debuff curse. Jeri returns this ghostly mo and sends out Max, the Hitmonchan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB Dex
Hitmonchan (Fighting): Hitmonchan practice extensively in the way of the fist. Their punch attacks do 1.2x damage, but their kick attacks deal only 0.8x damage. They have slightly higher physical defence than other Fighting-types.
[Fighting]: Fighting-type Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, giving them greater endurance and readiness than other Pokémon and allowing them to push themselves harder for longer. They are more accurate with their physical blows and more adept at blocking and countering physical attacks, able to do this against most physical assaults. Being physically powerful, they can lift much more than normal Pokémon, though this does not grant them an attack boost. They fight more enthusiastically in urban environments but are not adversely affected by more natural surroundings.
Max comes out with this fist a-blazing and a very enthusiastic smile as expected from a fighting type who is most likely used to every environment you could possibly think of. As a response to the air-punching from Max, Terrainium roars at the top of his lungs, telling Max that this is his terrain and to give up. Obviously, that's not gonna work.

Anyway, Max looks around his surroundings, taking in the sandy terrain and learning how to possibly master walking and running around the place. That doesn't exactly happen but Max does notice just how tranquil the surroundings are and he quickly realises just what he should do to combat his land shark opponent, that being that he should take the majorly disrespectful route. He charges one of his fist with a small chunk of Fighting energy and decides to dash or just run as well as possible because this ground is quite unstable. He makes it to about halfway to Terrainium before he becomes trapped in a whirlpool of sand, this tomb hampering any and all movement Max was intent on making.

Max's Fighting energy fades as his movement becomes extremely impossible, he tries to move about to exit but as aforementioned, he finds it too much of a struggle to escape and as such he decides against going for his Mega Punch despite how badly he wants to smash Terrainium out of his match-up in order to give Jeri Chee the upper-hand. But alas, Terrainium is the only one who gets the final laugh as he hucks up a glob of poisonous mass which goes through the vortex with nice timing and hits Max square in the face, soaking straight into his blood stream before he has any time to react to the toxins. He then just lets the vortex spin him around, unable to move from the sand trap.

Summary:

Max used little energy and took little damage, trapped but good for two. *Toxic starting next round

Terrainium used a decent amount of damage and took no damage, good for two and half Poison left.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko

Last edited by Chiko; 03-28-2016 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Swadloon, as for all edits as of today.
Chiko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:37 AM   #53
Mew The Gato
Smile

"Good work. Disappear into a Sandstorm and give them a Dragon Breath."
Old 03-26-2016, 06:11 PM   #54
Jerichi
本✚能

"Pursuit and lay into him with Comet Punch - interrupt your sets to keep him too busy to attack."
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:45 AM   #55
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Swadloon Round 9: NFS Hot Pursuit

We now return to the land of the brave and the bold where Max is still stuck in a whirlpool of sand while I decide to play some jaws music in order to make the mood much better but it seems that none of that will matter because you people think that making all this pointless is funny which I have to agree, it kinda is funny if only because of Darude...

...Sandstorm, which is what our friendly neighbourhood Gabite decides to go for as he spins wildly as if he's a Garchomp hit from recoil inside of Pokken Tournament which, as Jeri can tell you, is an amazing game and we need more Pokken Tournament references in reffings and maybe the arenas as arenas. Food for thought. Anyway, this spinning makes Max get a hold of himself and momentarily think about covering himself in some Dark typed energy which would surely get him the heck out of there and hit Terrainium upside the head and because of this match starting before Pursuit's nerf, Max covers himself in a small amount of Dark energy and bursts on out of there almost like he used a Synergy Burst. He travels straight towards the spinning Gabite and smacks into him for a nice chunk of damage as well as to stop his spinning from happening.

Terrainium is obviously not very happy about how this proceeded and decides to pick it up a notch as he grunts and decides to build up some Dragon energy in order to show Max just how bad the breath is of a Gabite who never brushes and this is a move I'd love to see happen but... Max starts firing a barrage of lighting quick punches before Terrainium can even make his move. The punches happening so fast, stopping and then going once more give Terrainium no breathing space to attack and he ends up taking the full force of this attack which makes him look battered and bruised severely. Sadly for Terrainium, the interruptions in the sets makes the round time limit hit before he got a chance to attack, damn. Oh yeah, Max is kinda taking Toxic damage now.

Summary:

Max took a light blow this round, gaining a health lead in fact. Toxic is now in action and he's good for two.

Terrainium took a nasty blow this round, dipping to about the middle of the first third. Good for two.

Sandstorm will be around for 5 rounds, have fun kiddies.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko

Last edited by Chiko; 03-28-2016 at 04:41 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #56
Jerichi
本✚能

"Comet Punch again then send him flying with a Sky Uppercut."
Old 03-27-2016, 11:59 PM   #57
Mew The Gato
Smile

"Rough Skin tank the Comet Punches, then go for a Flying Type Twister to send him flying and throw sand in his eyes. A Fire Blast as he closes in for Sky Uppercut to prevent him dodging, keep him at bay."
Old 03-28-2016, 04:40 AM   #58
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Swadloon Round 10: Hidden In The Summer For A Million Years

As Max celebrates within his mind that he's finally out of that Sand Tomb he then realises that he's now inside of a Sandstorm which makes him simply rolls his eyes at the rude little Gabite who's namesake says he's an all-terrain-iumer no idea what the 'ium' bit is about but I'm more than sure that Mew knows entirely what it means, anyway I have this match to ref right about now. Don't I you two? Yes? I know. Stop Delaying? Fiiiinnneee.

So, Max is still being a little hitman-chan like always and as such he decides to be a cool Little Mac and start up his astronomical attack once more to show Terrainium just why he deserves to be the king of punching people in the face, or torso. Whichever works for the Hitmonchan who so rightfully deserves to punch in the side of the Gabite. He starts punching in sets of 25 which looks extremely painful but at the same time Max seems to recoil from each punch because of Rough Skin being a thing in ASB but not Sand Veil, so sand. Anyway, Max eventually lets up and allows Terrainium some time to lay an attack on him. He charges some Flying energy inside of his draconic mouth which looks ready to be fired and vortexed and whatever at any given point in time. Terrainium lets loose with a wind-funnel from his mouth which picks up some sand from the desert-floor and slams into Max while putting sand into his eyes.

This knocks Max down onto the floor, sand in his eyes and about to cry because of how extremely hot this desert-floor is. He gets straight back up with an amazing amount of vigor in his step and with everything put behind him, Max staggers forwards across the unstable ground, looking to snot the ungrateful Gabite upside the head when all of a sudden the area feels slightly warmer and something smells like it was roasting. Well, uh, Max kinda looks forwards and realises a massive kanji of fire is shooting straight towards him which hits him and causes him to lose all balance, unable to get out of the way due to sand being hard af to run on. He lands down once more as the sandstorm buffers him cruely once more as it did last round and the toxins in his system start to become more severe. A scream of frustration can be heard from Max who is looking to most definitely lay the smack down next round.

Summary:

Max took a surprising amount of damage this round, shooting into the second third. Good for two.

Terrrainium took less damage, holding the current lead and hanging onto the first third of health by a thread. Good for two.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 04-04-2016, 12:26 PM   #59
Mew The Gato
Smile

"Throw sand in his eyes and blow him away with a Dragon Type Twister. Then just hide in the sandstorm. If he strikes back, though, go for a Dragon Breath."
Old 04-08-2016, 10:44 PM   #60
Jerichi
本✚能

"Bullet Punch right into a Bide."
Old 04-09-2016, 11:00 PM   #61
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Swadloon Round 11: Something

We get back to the desert environment where we can see basically nothing due to the sandstorm that was whipped up by our friendly Gabite, Terrainium. Max and Terrainium still seem to be super locked into their fight despite Terrainium holding the current lead somewhat. We don't know how that's the case but it seems even curses can't hold down a Gabite who goes by a strange name which has something to do with terrains but I'm not one to judge when it comes to nicknames whatsoever because I can't make good ones, anyway, to this battle of battles.

Terrainium thinks he's the first to move as he charges up some draconic energy inside of his mouth as he prepares his assault on the Hitmonchan. Max, however, decides to get in a bit of damage before any of that happens and, as if he were superman, runs like a speeding bullet and smacks Terrainium upside the head. Terrainium doesn't lose focus on his charge though as the royal purple energy exits the dragon's mouth as it spirals through the air like some kind of fancy aerial maneuver performed by a pilot of a Mustang P51.

The energy vortex locks onto Max who is helpless as his movement and his being relatively close to Terrainium makes for no dodging opportunity. He tries to move but too little too late as the twister smashes into him as it deal a major bout of damage. This leaves Max stumbling back onto the hot desert floor once more. As Terrainium decides to hide in the sandstorm, and a red veil of energy envelops Max as he gets looked at by Terrainium who is still looking for a fight, and seeing as Max hit him before. He obliges the challenge and breathes a Dragon Breath onto his fighting foe who is then buffered and takes toxic damage. Terrainium wonders what happened and why nothing happened with Max. Such is the way of Memento....
That was eventful?

Summary:

Max fell below half-way, right outside the final third, good for two

Terrainium took little damage, good for two and memento is gone.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko

Last edited by Chiko; 04-10-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:00 PM   #62
Jerichi
本✚能

So why didn't I Bide and why didn't he use Dragonbreath?

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 04-09-2016, 11:32 PM   #63
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

>before lunch

Bide most definitely happened, at least, it started up. Dragon Breath didn't happen because I interpreted 'if he strikes back'-

>after lunch

I do not know why Bide and Dragon Breath didn't occur... Well then, fixing that up.

EDIT: Still fixing it, gdi

EDIT2: Fixed?
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko

Last edited by Chiko; 04-09-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:57 PM   #64
Mew The Gato
Smile

I know Bullet Punch and Bide are fast, but Gabite had initiative, had a one-mover the round before the previous, and was especially enthusiastic in this arena due to being a Dragon Type. Should he not manage Twister before Bide?

I apologize for this nitpicking, but this is rather... important.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:58 PM   #65
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

I give up reffing this.

But in all seriousness, I'm a dickhead who should've realised that sooner. Bide should not have gone off before Twister. fml

EDIT: Fixed??
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko

Last edited by Chiko; 04-10-2016 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:02 AM   #66
Mew The Gato
Smile

Oh, no, it was not that unreasonable -- I was just trying to make sure you considered those factors.

If you had kept things as they are, I would have been fine with that, because I think one could argue for Bide going first.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:09 AM   #67
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

With those factors considered, I can actually see Twister going off first by the slightest of margins. I really should look at all variables more often, maybe even attempt a bit of triple-checking my reffings.

I need to get this low self-esteem checked out.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 04-10-2016, 08:37 AM   #68
Jerichi
本✚能

No, again, MtG, this is not how you contest reffings. If something doesn't go favorably for you, ask a question, get an answer and if they decide it's not correct, then they'll edit. Like I get you asked a question, good, but you also presented your own interpretation of the round. If you want to play that game, we can, but it's really not going to end well for you.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:12 AM   #69
Mew The Gato
Smile

Yes, I realized that, hence my most recent post in an attempt to make up for it.

What should we do at this point, though?
Old 04-18-2016, 06:05 AM   #70
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

I went away and thought thoroughly about this previous round which had just been and which iteration I believe to be the strongest without my lack of self-esteem affecting my thought process. I've come to the conclusion that the 2nd iteration, the one where Bide did in fact go off, was the right iteration. My thought process for this was that, to begin with, fighting types have a bit more readiness via their SC. Sure, Dragons also have an enthusiasm boost here but that's besides the point. My other thought was that the round before Max had a forced-one mover due to a Fire Blast which takes quite a bit of energy to perform. I believe these factors (along with both moves being ridiculously quick) would allow Max to get both moves off before the initial Dragon Pulse.

I'll let you two have any words if you want to challenge before changing it to what I believe is right.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 04-18-2016, 12:00 PM   #71
Mew The Gato
Smile

I have no objections.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:39 PM   #72
Jerichi
本✚能

Sorry for being a pain MtG.

Yeah I'm fine with that.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 04-19-2016, 05:13 AM   #73
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Swadloon True Round 11

We get back to the desert environment where we can see basically nothing due to the sandstorm that was whipped up by our friendly Gabite, Terrainium. Max and Terrainium still seem to be super locked into their fight despite Terrainium holding the current lead somewhat. We don't know how that's the case but it seems even curses can't hold down a Gabite who goes by a strange name which has something to do with terrains but I'm not one to judge when it comes to nicknames whatsoever because I can't make good ones, anyway, to this battle of battles.

Terrainium thinks he's the first to move as he charges up some draconic energy inside of his mouth as he prepares his assault on the Hitmonchan. Max, however, decides to get in a bit of damage before any of that happens and, as if he were superman, runs like a speeding bullet and smacks Terrainium upside the head. Terrainium doesn't lose focus on his charge though as the royal purple energy exits the dragon's mouth as it spirals through the air like some kind of fancy aerial maneuver performed by a pilot of a Mustang P51. The energy vortex locks onto Max who is helpless as his movement and his being relatively close to Terrainium makes for no dodging opportunity.

He tries to move but too little too late as the twister smashes into him as it deal a major bout of damage. This leaves Max stumbling back onto the hot desert floor once more. As Terrainium decides to hide in the sandstorm, and a red veil of energy envelops Max as he gets looked at by Terrainium who is still looking for a fight, and seeing as Max hit him before. He obliges the challenge and breathes a Dragon Breath onto his fighting foe who is then buffered and takes toxic damage. Terrainium wonders what happened and why nothing happened with Max. Such is the way of Memento.... Or so Terrainium thought, even though he was affected by Memento, the evo def buff bump doesn't come into play with Bide. The Bide breaks and Max sends a massive amount of energy smashing straight into Terrainium who screams in pain before looking extremely worn. On the same hand, Max looks extremely tired.

That was eventful.

Summary:

Max fell below half-way, right outside the final third, and needs a break.

Terrainium is a fair bit into critical, good for two and memento is gone.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 04-26-2016, 07:12 PM   #74
Jerichi
本✚能

"Brofist Comet Punch."
Old 04-27-2016, 05:26 AM   #75
Mew The Gato
Smile

Approximate distance?