UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-22-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Game of Champions

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7354757...e-of-Champions

This story was something I stumbled across entirely by accident and immediately read my way all the way through. Riveting, well-done, amazing setting details, truly epic pacing, and great characterization - I think this is going to be my favorite Pokemon story forever. I'm so sad to see that he isn't finished, because I would buy this book in a heartbeat and reread it over and over again.

Yes, it's a little mature. It fits with the setting, however. Have I talked about the setting? Because I can gush over that setting. Every detail is perfectly set into place and is logically consistent with the rest of it. The backstory has been hammered into submission and the story is flawlessly consistent with it to the point where you can't stop reading and learning and finding out more about this wonderful world the author has created.

Fuck reality in its already truly amazing asshole, I want to live in this guy's post-Apocalyptic Pokemon world. This is one of the very few settings I've EVER encountered IN MY LIFE that I've legitimately thought to myself, "I wish this was reality. I wish life was like this instead of what we have now. I don't even have to be as kick-ass as the main characters in this story, though I am absolutely certain that I would still be totally kick-ass. Just get me in there because that is what I want my life to be like."

EVERYTHING, and I repeat, EVERYTHING, is totally consistent with everything else.

I'm going to find everything written by this author and I'm going to read it. This story is just that goddamn good.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON