UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 03-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

POKĂ©MON Ranger: Shadows of Almia

Picked this up reeeeaaaallll cheap at circuit city since it was the only mildly interesting looking game left. I'm a couple hours in and gotta say its surprisingly fun. Not the "drawing circles: the game" I had expected from the little I has heard about this side-series. And its filled with lotsa POKéMON new to me!
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
Picked this up reeeeaaaallll cheap at circuit city since it was the only mildly interesting looking game left. I'm a couple hours in and gotta say its surprisingly fun. Not the "drawing circles: the game" I had expected from the little I has heard about this side-series. And its filled with lotsa POKéMON new to me!
Both the Circuit Cities I went to were pretty well picked-over by the time I got there. I got Mass Effect, but it won't run on my computer for whatever reason so that was $8.50 well spent =|

Played the original Pokemon Ranger (and I have no idea why I bought it) and like you I was quasi-pleasantly surprised. Didn't enjoy it enough to want to play the sequel, but it was a decent enough mechanic while it lasted.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Having lotsa looping fun with this! About ten hours in now and making sure to do all the optional quests and of course grinding for level ups! Riding on Doduo is cute ~_~ Oh and theres this npc girl that loves Happiny and has like four of them. I hope Chansey and Blissey are also in the game! Oh and Team Dim Sun has gotta be the lamest team name yet. Boss encounters are tough I have to wonder if anyone can S rank them >.> also love the various battle themes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoise View Post
Both the Circuit Cities I went to were pretty well picked-over by the time I got there. I got Mass Effect, but it won't run on my computer for whatever reason so that was $8.50 well spent =|
Well that sure stinks >.<;

Quote:
Played the original Pokemon Ranger (and I have no idea why I bought it) and like you I was quasi-pleasantly surprised. Didn't enjoy it enough to want to play the sequel, but it was a decent enough mechanic while it lasted.
I'm wishing I hadn't missed out on the first game. It would be hard to go back since it would prolly play more roughly and with less mechanics then the sequel.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON