UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-06-2016, 09:06 AM   #26
Stlbk
taco...

Send a message via AIM to Stlbk
Major damage has to be inflicted on me, correct?
I took little damage from DPulse, took an Incinerate and part of a Dragon Breath.
What is being classified as "major damage"?
PM me and I'll make room
Stlbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:08 AM   #27
Prince
Cascade Badge

I was always under the impression it was accumulative... Either way it should be broken this round anyway... @@

W/L/D
6/5/0

*Rest in Peace, Your Royal Badness.*

Spoiler: show

Congratulations! Your Bad Digital Art has evolved into Bad Animation Attempt!
Will update eventually maybe possibly who even looks at these?
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:13 AM   #28
Aposteriori
Banned

Taunt (DK) -- Using moderate energy, the user places a curse on the victim, forcing it not to attempt to use attacks which deal no damage for the next five rounds. If the target deals major damage to the user in that time, the Taunt will end.

Taunt faded after Dragon Breath. Shock wave took a small hit on your health before you were able to hideout in the rock. Less than half really. Prince, it is cumulative. I should have been more explicit with that, my bad.

--

With fresheness and initiative on the side of Duskull, firing off a breezy Ice Beam is almost second nature at this point. Dratini struggles to match the speed between slowness of icy wind and having to prepare his own time to react. The jagged cyan energy blast collapses a lung of the dragon upon impact. Not really, but we do hear Ribbon hiss loudly in pain as the frigid attack makes him feel quite uncomfortable. Dratini is not out of the match just yet, using this time to heat up his internal organs before setting ignition to the ambient oxygen. Flamethrower travels fast through the air before clashing with the ethereal ghost. The Duskull is mighty pissed as the attack pushes him just far enough before gaining composure of his floating.

Now here is where someone is going to fire grenades to the referee. It just so happens that confuse ray fires off against the dragon typed Pokemon with enough initiative and precision to do some hampering harm. Dratini in no way is fast enough to set up a regular priority attack such as light screen to completely block off the ray of light. Yea, whoever is reffing it that way should probably read some of Connor’s reffings. That being said, Dratini conserves his threemover because he is utterly confused with no chance to use a fully charged hyper beam. No way jose. Duskull smirks from four feet ahead before trick room fully disappears. Curse you initiative!

If I have been mathing feeling correctly, and my eyes do not deceive me, Dratini suddenly takes a drop for the worse, unable to continue on with the match as Curse takes its final toll. Sad sight folks. Stall works within ASB. Read it and weep, Emi; this vet is one of your people!

Ribbon is unable to battle! Prince, your final Pokemon please.

Not Muyo was hurt somewhat, looking battered up at this point. He is good for two with barely anything left for ice reserves.

Last edited by Aposteriori; 02-06-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Aposteriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:36 AM   #29
Prince
Cascade Badge

Wait a second

On 6/9, a fully powered Curse should generally do around High damage each round, yes? Not counting any applicable damage reduction from distance. High damage for 5 rounds = about 3.5~4 HB's of health. The only other damage Ribbon took was from a weakened Icy Wind and an Ice Beam. I'm assuming the Icy Wind did around considerable damage, with Ice Beam dealing maybe a Hyper Beam.

~4 + 1 + ~.5 = 5.5HB. Shouldn't Ribbon still be standing, albeit in critical?

Or am I just being a pedantic jackass

I mean hell I really want a chance with this though lol

Nah screw it Curse will end her next round anyway and I don't wanna delay this much more.

"Nyxtrot, I guess it's your turn.

Let them hear your battle cry with an Uproar. Follow with a Psychic Wave. Replace either with a Safeguard if he tries another Curse, because eff that noise."

W/L/D
6/5/0

Last edited by Prince; 02-06-2016 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:23 AM   #30
Stlbk
taco...

Use a Pain Split, using as much energy as you can!
PM me and I'll make room
Old 02-06-2016, 10:48 AM   #31
Aposteriori
Banned

Curse deals high.25 damage per round. The other attacks were boosted by a 10% given that Duskull is an uplevel. Icy Wind dealt much more than considerable, closer to full damage as it didn't interact much at all with dragonbreath. There was weakening but, not by much. Icebeam was boosted 10%, and SE so it was above extreme damage. Sorry!

--

Ribbon is taken off the field after some cursed luck. On to better things, a Stantler named Nyxtrot materializes before our eyes.

Quote:
Stantler (Normal): Stantler's horns are used for its Hypnosis attack. They can create illusions more easily with their Hypnosis attack thanks to these horns, which makes the illusions more believable and effective. They are also familiar with the Psychic-type. Any attack executed with their hooves is 1.2x as powerful.
Nyxtrot is not going easy on the slippery ghost. Already a mighty boom is emitted by the Stantler to show the ghost who is superior. An uproar is created, and Duskull is not pleased; the noise is fairly unpleasant for his natural ghost state. Not Muyo wants to split the bill in terms of pain against a fully fresh pokemon. Getting close to the opponent he starts to drain a chunk of health away and Stantler looks fairly unpleased while remaining alert. With a psionic wave, the zapping of health terminates at a mere two clumps thanks to the push-back effect and power of Psychic. Not Muyo floats about eight feet away in desperate need of health.

Not Muyo has little to go, although he is someways above critical health. He is good for two. Nyxtrot is good for two with plenty of psychic left.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:11 AM   #32
Stlbk
taco...

Destiny Bound seems about right!

You've done excellent work, Not Muyo, much more so than actual Muyo (can't wait to hear about that from him!)
PM me and I'll make room
Old 02-06-2016, 11:19 AM   #33
Prince
Cascade Badge

Ribbon was an uplevel too though lel. But like I said, it's under the bridge. Was just curious if my math worked out, really.

"Shadow Ball. Tack on a Round if necessary."

W/L/D
6/5/0

Old 02-06-2016, 11:36 AM   #34
Aposteriori
Banned

Because who keeps a Dratini as an uplevel when they are TL2? Lol, another bad on my part. For the official record, had duskull done as much as an ominious wind, you would have gone down keeping in mind that Dratini was confused which at any rate Curse would have doomed you. Apologies for not taking your uplevel into account. This does put Duskull closer to critical, but we already know the outcome.

--

Not Muyo ties his destiny to that of his opponent… and utterly fails at inflicting full harm. Shadow ball from Stantler basically disintegrates the ghost on the spot. The ectoplasmic energy is enough to take out the ghost with no problem at all folks. Down goes the pesky ghost and half the damage of the attack is dealt to the resistant Stantler!

Not Muyo is unable to battle! Sbltk, your final Pokemon please.

Stantler is refreshed and hurt somewhat. He has enough ghost for a weakened shadow ball.

Last edited by Aposteriori; 02-06-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:13 PM   #35
Stlbk
taco...

Just curious, but why does it fail?
PM me and I'll make room
Old 02-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #36
Aposteriori
Banned

Because I'm a fucktard that though for some reason Destiny Bond was still its old version of making the target faint. Fixed.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:34 PM   #37
Stlbk
taco...

Go Mercutio!
Start us off with a Retaliate!
Follow up with a Power-Up Punch!
PM me and I'll make room
Old 02-06-2016, 12:51 PM   #38
Prince
Cascade Badge

"Hypnotize them into thinking they're attacking their teammate. Disorient them more with an Extrasensory before bashing him with a DC Earthquake kick."

An actual 3 this time.

W/L/D
6/5/0

Old 02-06-2016, 01:26 PM   #39
Aposteriori
Banned

Not Muyo has fallen with a bang. He is replaced by a pokemon that is finally in its proper TL range. Because why did TL2 have access to Druddigon as an uplevel? Mercutio is now here for our amusement.

Quote:
Druddigon (Dragon): Druddigon are very cold-blooded. In the sun and warmer temperatures, they will fight with great enthusiasm, but in cold temperatures or if chilled, they will quickly grow sluggish. Their skin is very tough and scaly and their body is covered in spikes; both of these factors will cause 25% recoil to physical attacks against it.
No one said he would go easy either as Druddigon Retaliates at great speeds against his opponent, having obtained the knowledge that he indeed performed an exorcism to get rid of his partner in crime. Now, hypnosis is no fast traveling light; with some iniative and initial deer in head lights, the dragon steamrolls past the Stantler, causing some very sharp pain to it. Now the Stantler has the full attention of the Dragon, giving him an illusion to deal with. Druddigon is now under the effects of hypnosis and he thinks that Stantler is Duskull. Since the directions were unclear, Druddigon is still able to charge his fist, because it is no issue for him to continue forward with his attack. He must follow up with Power-Up Punch. With no regrets, Druddigon jams his fist into what he thinks is his ally; it turns out to be Stantler anyway. He is fairly angry, thinking to himself that maybe he should have directed the illusion toward a rock or something. Pokemon are dumb and will attack anything that they are asked to do, albeit with some hesitation should the situation call for it.

Stantler is starting to get desperate, unleashing a psionic blast that rattles the dragon. With some extrasensory in his hands, the normal typed Pokemon is able to move Druddigon a few steps back while inducing an incredible headache. This is only augmented by his next attack; the Stantler goes on a stampede, charging ground energy into his hooves. Turning around at the last second, Nyxtrot turns around and slams an Earthquake into the chest of dragon. Mercutio releases a puff of air as he takes a few steps back before refocusing on the match. Stantler faces his opponent head on who is just outside melee range. It goes without say that Nyxtrot suffered some recoil after smacking about the scaly dragon.

Mercutio was greeted with pain. He is good for two. He will enjoy his boost for the next three rounds or so. Nyxtrot is fast approaching the half-way mark of health. He is good for two, although he did expend a lot of energy. He has enough psychic for an extrasensory.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:37 PM   #40
Prince
Cascade Badge

Good tips for future reference get.

"Spread a Double Team throughout the rocks. If he manages to close in on the real you, Bounce over his incoming attack. Otherwise start another Uproar."

Edit: Leaving for now, probably won't be back til later this evening. I have important stuff to do that'll be keeping me busy for the day. Namely sleep. And maybe errands but most likely just sleep.

W/L/D
6/5/0

Last edited by Prince; 02-06-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:53 AM   #41
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlbk View Post
Destiny Bound seems about right!

You've done excellent work, Not Muyo, much more so than actual Muyo (can't wait to hear about that from him!)
All the work I do is excellent, it's just that I don't do work very often.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:51 AM   #42
Prince
Cascade Badge

Oh hello. That was an unexpected cameo.

W/L/D
6/5/0

Old 02-07-2016, 05:28 PM   #43
Stlbk
taco...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post
All the work I do is excellent, it's just that I don't do work very often.
Something we both agree on.
Thanks for stopping by, too bad I didn't get a cheer for my Pokemon ;-;
PM me and I'll make room
Old 02-07-2016, 05:32 PM   #44
Aposteriori
Banned

I will throw a party if you order though!

Disclaimer: not rushing lol. Just felt like a good moment to ruin the "aww"ness
Old 02-07-2016, 11:15 PM   #45
Stlbk
taco...

Well let's have some fun!
Use an Incinerate to get rid of those clones!
As it bounces up, meet it with a boosted Dragon Claw!

Take it down with a Focus Blast to try to close out this match!
PM me and I'll make room
Old 02-08-2016, 04:40 AM   #46
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlbk View Post
too bad I didn't get a cheer for my Pokemon ;-;
You would've if you hadn't just let my namesake get KO'd.

Carry on!
Old 02-08-2016, 05:01 AM   #47
Aposteriori
Banned

Two Muyo cameos. TWO.

--

Stantler is at that point in the game where trickery is his only option. Setting aside some energy, Stantler stampeded in between a boulder or two as three other clones surprise the foe. Mercutio is unfazed, slamming his fist into the arena and releasing fire energy to pop up from underneath. A column of fire suddenly collapses all the double team clones and incinerates the real thing. With a look of horror on his face, the normal typed Pokemon scrambles to find what to do. With a leap of faith, he bounces into the air, without necessarily gaining to much aerial height. Druddigon smirks at the sight of his opponent, charging up his claw with dragon energy. Just as the Stantler comes clashing down with his hooves, Druddigon swats it in is underbelly with a jab of his arm. Druddigon is still smacked across the face, and well Stantler feels the recoil from his attack aside from falling harshly on the side.

Druddigon thinks he is ready to end the match; charging up his strongest possible fighting attack. With all of his spirit condensed into an orb, Mercutio fires away all of his Focus into a singular Blast. The energy is fast enough to pick apart the Stantler who just barely got back up after the hideous fall. With no way to KO, Nyxtrot gets back up with a sad smirk on his face knowing full well that he still has a little bit of fight left in him. Mercutio is impressed by the determination of his opponent as he stands about eight feet away.

Nyxtrot is within critical health. He is panting a bit. Mercutio established a large health lead. He is panting lightly.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #48
Stlbk
taco...

But Muyo, I made stall look good!
;-;

Anywho, Feint Attack and Incinerate.
Let's bring this home for the tacos!
PM me and I'll make room
Old 02-08-2016, 11:01 PM   #49
Prince
Cascade Badge

"Bulldoze him out of the Feint Attack, then a Confuse Ray maybe?"

W/L/D
6/5/0

Old 02-09-2016, 06:15 AM   #50
Aposteriori
Banned

There isn’t much reaction time for Stantler to not be completely mesmerized by Druddigon. The dragon typed Pokemon is waving his hands about, maybe signaling on one of his fingers that he is lacking a ring. With some super bowl half-time chorography in place, the dragon distracts everyone who sees him long enough to smack the normal typed Pokémon across the face with a Feint Attack. Nyxtrot is starstrucked as he understood every single move so well that he collapses from excitement as he curls into a ball as puts up some squiggly eyes to signify his end.

Nyxtrot is unable to battle! Stlbk is the Winner!

Stlbk gains 2 KO and 4 TP.
Prince gains 2 TP.
Aposteriori gains 4 SP.

--

Remember Stlbk, you can sacrifice KOes to level your pokemon. So with this match your pokemon can go from level 1/2 to 4/5. If they participated in the match itself, they gain 1 additional level, which would theoretically put you at a level 6 Dusknoir and a level 5 Druddigon if you choose to sacrifice both KOes in sigless. If you need more leveling matches, I'm here!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL