UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 12-25-2016, 12:39 PM   #526
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

This is a pretty shitty holiday event. Buy more stuff!

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 06:20 PM   #527
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

This after an in-game popup telling me there would be free Incubators. What gives?

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 06:38 PM   #528
Lady Kuno

If you already spun a Pokestop in the morning, you don't get a free Incubator today.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:04 PM   #529
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

I did spin one. RIP

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:42 AM   #530
Lucario188
Thank you Daisy!

I'm having fun with and definitely appreciating the increased starter spawn rate! Especially for Charmander and Bulbasaur, as they are usually few and far between here.

I've hatched 2 gen two pokémon so far (Cleffa and Togepi), due in part to being able to incubate more eggs thanks to the event. How are other people faring with gen 2 hatches?

--
--
Quote:
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: Oh please, you can't do Emo.
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: You're like happy and shit.
Lucario188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:21 AM   #531
Lady Kuno

I feel like if the game had this type of spawn rate for Pikachu and starters it would have helped a lot early on. I also feel like this should be permanent.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:16 AM   #532
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Yeah those things being rare wasn't a great choice considering that leveling your starter is fundamental to Pokemon! But que sera sera I guess.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:30 PM   #533
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So I was saving up Charmander Candy to evolve my Charmeleon into Charizard, right? Last night, I find a wild Charizard. High CP. High level. Catch it in the first Ultra Ball I throw. Its IVs are good, and it's got Ember and Fire Blast- if not the best moveset for Charizard, it's gotta be damn near close to it. So now not only am I all set in the Charizard department, I even have a buttload of Charmander Candy with which to level it up! Now if only I could get enough Bulbasaur Candy to evolve my Ivysaur...
Old 01-08-2017, 05:54 PM   #534
Lady Kuno

Looks like the starter event ended. I liked that way more than the Pikachu thing.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:21 PM   #535
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So, Gen II is coming to GO in its entirety, and very soon. Who else is hype? I tend to find a lot of Water-types near my house, so I'm hoping the first thing I catch is Qwilfish.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:26 PM   #536
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
I'm still playing, though not nearly as much as in the summer simply because it's either freaking cold or there's otherwise bad weather... but yeah, can't wait to evolve some of my Pokémon that I've been carefully saving candies for and get a Crobat.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:11 PM   #537
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

It has happened! I just caught a couple of Swinub and evolved my Golbat into Crobat!
Old 02-16-2017, 09:14 PM   #538
deoxys
Fog Badge

BREAKING NEWS.

Marril's tail is see-through. And lights up, apparently.

Niantic literally rewrote Pokemon canon for this one.

Also I have Espeon, Umbreon, Crobat, Hoothoot, Marril, Ledyba, Spinarak, Natu, Xatu, and Houndour already. And I saw a wild Meganium but couldn't find it.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #539
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I thought Marill's tail lit up like that in the Gen VI and VII main series games' models as well?

Meanwhile, looked up a thing or two about movesets. Turns out Air Slash and Sludge Bomb appears to be a pretty damn decent moveset for Crobat, which is good, seeing as that's the moveset mine's got. Also got Zen Headbutt and Future Sight on my Espeon, and Snarl and Dark Pulse on my Umbreon, both of which seem to be, near as I can tell, desirable movesets. My Blissey, on the other hand, has Pound and Psychic. That being said, they seem to have buffed Psychic but good, so I just might have something good for sticking into Gyms here. Gonna go on a walk in a little while, see what all I can catch, see if I can score any evolution items from Pokéstops.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:07 PM   #540
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Made some good catches and hatches both today and yesterday, and got a lot of stuff evolved. First off, in terms of my neighborhood, Swinub is the new Drowzee. Frozen bacon as far as the eye can see. I've caught dozens of them, evolved several Piloswine by now, and I fully expect Mamoswine to be the first Generation IV Pokémon I end up getting when the time comes for that generation to be implemented.

Meanwhile, I racked up enough Marill, Hoppip, Ledyba, and Spinarak to evolve an Azumarill, a Skiploom, a Ledian, and an Ariados. Also hatched an Elekid, a Smoochum, and a Stantler. I even caught a Totodile today! Been keeping a sharp eye out for the likes of Wobbuffet, Dunsparce, and Qwilfish, but sadly, nothing yet. Also got my Blissey in a Gym, holding things down quite well, and- oh, yeah, got a Dragon Scale from a Pokéstop, which means I now have a Kingdra. I think Dragon Breath and Hydro Pump is a decent moveset for it.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:08 PM   #541
deoxys
Fog Badge

Walked about 8 miles yesterday. Accomplished a lot, actually.

- Got my first Dragonite (hatched a Dratini that gave me 30 candy, enough to evolve.) 2370 CP, near-perfect IVs.

- Caught a bunch of new Pokemon: Dewgong, Cloyster, Gligar, Wobbuffet, Elekid, Slugma, Noctowl, Ledian, Chikorita, Bayleef, Misdreavus, Chinchou, Girafarig, Magby, Remoraid, Totodile.

- Almost leveled up to 26, just a little more to go...

Only bad thing to happen was encountering a Teddiursa that ran away. Oh well. Had a pretty fulfilling night otherwise, and I burned 860 calories in the process.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:02 PM   #542
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Found a random Forretress by my house today, caught it with no problem. Don't even have a Pineco yet! Caught a bunch more Hoppip, Sentret, Spinarak, Murkrow, and some more Sneasel. Even scored a second Aipom, and my very first Teddiursa. Also got a "Hoothoot" that turned out to be a Ditto- my first Ditto in a while. Powered up my Crobat a bunch, got my Espeon into a Gym (Blissey's still doing alright in the Gym I put her in the other day), and evolved a bunch of stuff, including a brand new Hypno- much higher CP than my old one, and this one's got Future Sight. Topped it all off with taking the gamble and evolving my recently hatched Tyrogue, and wound up with the evolution I wanted- Hitmontop. Things are coming along pretty nicely.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #543
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Man. I am really annoyed that I have to start caring about catching Zubats again. Also annoyed that I decided to evolve a second Golbat way back when as otherwise I would totally have a Crobat right now.

Also annoyed I didn't find out about the Espeon/Umbreon nickname trick until it was too late.

I live in a Natu/Swinub/Murkrow haven. Like, Natu pops up more often than a damned Pidgey, so Xatu get. Slowly working towards Piloswine. Am kinda resigning myself to start catching Murkrow for when Gen IV comes out in a year, just because I don't know how long this glut will last.

So many pokemon to catch and complete the pokedex, but not enough diversity around me (though after a few more trips to the river I should rack up the missing waters). Also, what's the drop rate on these evo items?

I may have to get real dedicated and start driving to the nests. Hopefully Silph Road is well updated for my area.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:38 PM   #544
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I dunno about anyone else, but I had started preparing for Generation II's inclusion a while ago. Started stockpiling Zubat Candy and the like, so I'd be ready to evolve my Golbat immediately. In fact, once I hit level 30, I'm gonna start stockpiling Swinub Candy. I know Generation IV is a long way away, but it never hurts to be prepared. Already got a decent Piloswine.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:57 PM   #545
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Sentrets everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:49 AM   #546
deoxys
Fog Badge

So what does everyone's Pokedex look like? I'm only like 9 Pokemon away from completing Gen 1 (not counting the regionals, though I expect to get Kangaskhan once trades release and probably a Farfetch'd or Mr. Mime this year as well). I have like 133 Kanto Pokemon and 56 Johto Pokemon right now.

From Gen 1 I'm still missing Venusaur (I'm very close to getting), Vileplume (I opted to evolve into Bellosom), Alakazam, Dugtrio, Machamp, Chansey, Rhydon, Jynx, Kabutops, and Lapras.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #547
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

From Gen I I'm missing the following, not counting legendaries;

-Venusaur
-Clefable
-Machamp
-Farfetch'd
-Muk
-Kangaskhan
-Mr. Mime
-Omastar
-Kabutops
-Aerodactyl
-Dragonite

From Gen II I'm missing the following, not counting legendaries;
-Bayleef
-Meganium
-Cyndaquil
-Quilava
-Typhlosion
-Croconaw
-Feraligatr
-Lanturn
-Pichu
-Cleffa
-Togepi
-Togetic
-Mareep
-Flaaffy
-Ampharos
-Bellossom
-Sudowoodo
-Politoed
-Sunflora
-Slowking
-Misdreavus
-Unown
-Wobbuffet
-Girafarig
-Pineco
-Dunsparce
-Steelix
-Snubbull
-Granbull
-Qwilfish
-Scizor
-Shuckle
-Heracross
-Ursaring
-Slugma
-Magcargo
-Corsola
-Remoraid
-Delibird
-Mantine
-Skarmory
-Houndour
-Houndoom
-Phanpy
-Donphan
-Porygon2
-Smeargle
-Magby
-Miltank
-Pupitar
-Tyranitar

EDIT: The Skiploom I just caught put me at over 100 Hoppip Candy, so I was able to take Jumpluff off the list.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 03-14-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:29 PM   #548
deoxys
Fog Badge

Well Corsola and Heracross are regionals so good luck. Corsola is regional to something like everywhere between the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn. Heracross is central/south America, as well as part of the southern US/Florida/Texas.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #549
Lady Kuno

I have every gen 1 minus regionals/legends. I'm just missing 9 gen 2 mon (that are not regionals/and are actually available).

Old 03-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #550
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Well Corsola and Heracross are regionals so good luck. Corsola is regional to something like everywhere between the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn.
As cool as that is, that's disappointing for someone like me. (Not that I can play the game, but still.)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON