UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 06-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #251
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Well, it took a lot of training to get there, but I finally faced the Elite Four. A full write up will be coming later though, as I have things to do. Also it's late and I'm not quite typing straight (I keep making errors, too often for my liking).

Spoiler: show
PASBL: TL3, 15W/8L/1D, 42 KO's, 95TP, 14.75 SP.

*Certified Ref. Grade: B-*

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Yougirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #252
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Remember when I said I'd start a Randomiser Heart Gold Nuzlocke?

Well, I'm starting it now. Wish me luck as I battle against the RNG! I shall edit in things as they appear. I shall also use a few screenshots, as I can. Apologies for the choppiness. IT IS BAD I'M SORRY.

So, starter choices were Electric type Lotad, Ghost type Luvdisc and Grass type Slaking. I chose Lily, the Female Lotad!
Dat Statscreen
Route 29: Died straight away to a Wild Hoothoot. Flame Wheel into Reversal oy. Didn't screenshot cause I wasn't paying attention.
SO TRY TWO.
Chose Normal/Grass Type Slaking this time, THE KING!
holy crap.
Back to Route 29: Fearful of those Hoothoot, run into Rattata.
Frenzy Plant Destroyed it.
STARMIE? ohok More Destruction!
Cherrygrove: RUNNING SHOES! MAP CARD! I can remember who I got on what route!
Route 30: Carnivine! Resists Peck and Frenzy Plant... Steel Type?
Doesn't matter Destruction.
Cradily! lol Magnet Rise.
It hung on with a focus Sash. HAX
The King. Learned. Luster Purge. Okthen.
Got me a mystery egg. cool. and a Pokedex. more cool.
Elm got robbed! Rival Battle!
He took Electric Lotad? Cool Story Luster Purged.
Rival Jordan!
Taking the gym challenge now, so Lyra teaches me to catch a Rattata.
Rattata trolling!
POKEBALLS WOO.
Ran into a Porygon-Z With Hi jump kick. and Nasty Plot.
Route 46: Time to catch a thing!
Female Drowzee. Dangit there goes my blatant nickname.
Oh well Caught it and it is now named Sleepy!
DAT DEX. THOSE MOVES.
Ran into a Raichu. As you do.
Route 29: GRIND TIME.
...Maybe not.
Ran into Weavile with Conversion, Ghost type Corsola, a Ledian with Download and a Trapinch with Sand Stream and Bonemerang... ok then.
Route 30: Time to duel Youngster Joey!
And it froze. and I don't think I saved. GODDAMMIT FORGET THIS FOR NOW.

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Last edited by Whimsy; 07-10-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:33 AM   #253
Sneaze
Mrow?

So I decided to start a White Nuzlocke. God I haven't played the games in forever and really suck at this.

Team thus far (edited as I go along):
Frank, male Tepig lv.14
Walter, male Lillipup lv.15
George, male Purrloin lv.14
Wallace, male Woobat lv.14
Ralphie, male Pidove lv.14

The deceased:
Ginny, female Patrat lv.7-10 (death by Critical Hit from GT Lillipup's Tackle)
Sally, female Pansage lv.10-13 (death by Critical Hit from wild Blitzle's Shock Wave)
Gabby, female Patrat lv.8-14 (death by Critical Hit from wild Timburr's Rock Throw)

Currently training to get ready for Gym #2.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut

Last edited by Sneaze; 07-21-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #254
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Picked up my old game of Pokemon Crystal and after some debating I've decided to go for a Nuzlocke this time around.

So far I have only started the game and am still debating on what set of rules, apart from the obvious ones. The Nuzlocke won't start till I obtain my first set of Pokeballs so I figure I have some time to figure out exact rules and stuff. Will post them here when I figured it out :P

My starter is Brian the Cyndaquill however. Hope he will have a long and meaningful life ^_^
Old 08-04-2013, 04:13 AM   #255
Mercutio
Banned

Inexplicably, early this morning still slightly drunk!Kush picked himself up and started playing a Silver Nuzlocke. I've never played Nuzlocke, so I had fun selecting my rules. I'm doing the standard Nuzlocke ones, so if something faints I have to box it, but I've added in a no duplicates clause. I also used the "you don't have to catch things until you have pokéballs" clause to save having to not catch on the first route. I haven't decided what to do about ingame trades and gifts yet. I suspect I'll allow myself to use them.

Merc currently has:

FishDave (male Totodile), level 11
Rangeet (female Ratatta), level 8.
DaisyMan (male Hoothoot), level 8.
Concept (male Weedle > Kakuna), level 7.

Rangeet was my route 46 capture, which I'll have to remember when I get to the top of it late in the game.

Anyway, off to Violet City!

Violet City Gym update:

Well that was easy. I've decided to do the "use as many pokémon as they do" thing in Gyms so I used FishDave and DaisyMan. Daisy easily defeated Pidgey with his newly learned Peck, a Flash having prevent any attacks from landing. FishDave switched in to battle Pidgeotto and a combination of Scratch and Water Gun took the bird man down. Haven't decided what/whether to use Mud Slap, it being just a little awful, but it could come in handy. Anyway. Gonna pause there because... well, I should write my dissertation. Looked at DaisyMan and her movepool is going to majorly suck so I'll give her Fly when I get it, assuming she survives that long. Plan to capture a Gastly in Sprout Tower even though they suck in game in Gen II. Duplicate clause allows lololol Ratatta training in Sprout Tower. Caught me a Zubat in Dark Cave. Just waiting for Bite so it doesn't take an age to kill anything.

FishDave, male Totodile, level 13: Scratch, Water Gun, Rage, Leer.
Rangeet, female Ratatta, level 8: Tackle, Quick Attack, Tail Whip.
DaisyMan, male Hoothoot, level 8: Peck, Tackle, Flash, Foresight.
Concept, male Weedle > Kakuna > Beedrill, level 10: Poison Sting, Fury Attack, String Shot, Harden.
DaisyMan, male Zubat, level 6: Leech Life, Supersonic.

Last edited by Mercutio; 08-04-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #256
Mercutio
Banned

Let the record state that I am a cocky bastard and that Whitney's god damn Miltank just shat me out like a bad case of wind.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #257
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Speaking of Whitney, I've been watching a stream that a friend of mine's been doing with a couple of her friends, each of them doing one of the Gen II games.

One of them just went up against Whitney, leading with his Slowpoke to spam Curse and then try and sweep. First of all, Clefairy Metronome's Dragon Rage, almost KOing it. Then while Slowpoke's being healed, she Mimics Curse, then uses it a few times. Headbutt now does sod-all. Then she Metronome's Baton Pass.

She then Baton Passes like 3 Curse boosts to Miltank. Yeah, that Miltank. The Miltank then wrecks his shit and he only manages to beat it by sacrificing five of his Pokémon in order to heal, Sand-Attack and confuse it, leaving only his Quilava alive.

Then she sends Clefairy in. Quilava uses Ember, it gets it down into the red, and then Metronome. Selfdestruct. Quilava lives with 7 HP.

Couldn't make it up. But I thought it was hilarious so thought I'd share.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #258
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Speaking of Whitney, I've been watching a stream that a friend of mine's been doing with a couple of her friends, each of them doing one of the Gen II games.

One of them just went up against Whitney, leading with his Slowpoke to spam Curse and then try and sweep. First of all, Clefairy Metronome's Dragon Rage, almost KOing it. Then while Slowpoke's being healed, she Mimics Curse, then uses it a few times. Headbutt now does sod-all. Then she Metronome's Baton Pass.

She then Baton Passes like 3 Curse boosts to Miltank. Yeah, that Miltank. The Miltank then wrecks his shit and he only manages to beat it by sacrificing five of his Pokémon in order to heal, Sand-Attack and confuse it, leaving only his Quilava alive.

Then she sends Clefairy in. Quilava uses Ember, it gets it down into the red, and then Metronome. Selfdestruct. Quilava lives with 7 HP.

There is only one way to respond to all of this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampertforever View Post
what
what the what
what is this
what is all of this

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #259
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:

Now imagine his horror had he been attempting a Nuzlocke.

Turn 1: I use Curse. Haha, you use Metronome. Stupid. Haha, you got String Shot.
Turn 2: I use Curse again. Oh man, this is going to be so easy. You Metronome again and ... Confusion. Pshaw.
Turn 3: You go first this time and ... OH SHIT, DRAGON RAGE!? ;_; Oh thank God I survived, but ... but ... I used Curse again! ;_;
Turn 4: Well at least only Slowpoke's going to di-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!? MIMIC!?!?!?!? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF--!
Turn 5: pleasedon'tCursepleasedon'tCursepleasedon'tCurseFU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ... she used Curse. -_-;
Turn 6: same as Turn 5
Turn 7: same as Turn 5
Turn 8: Critical hit maybe? ;.; .................................... okay, I give up. -_-; *upon seeing Clefairy Baton Pass the Curses to Miltank*
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #260
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Oh it was a Nuzlocke. That's why I posted in this thread.

The amount of screaming when his Quilava managed to live through Selfdestruct was ridiculous (there's three of them on different computers sharing a stream).
Old 08-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #261
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Oh it was a Nuzlocke. That's why I posted in this thread.
Um, uhh ...

Quote:
Then while Slowpoke's being healed
What the hell sort of Nuzlocke allows the use of healing items during a gym battle? I mean, it's bad enough / Easy Mode enough when people allow themselves to use healing items and not strictly keep things to Pokémon Center visits. (And I'm okay with calling it a Nuzlocke if they're visiting that Pokémon Center constantly! Doesn't have to be one usage per center!) But to use potions during a battle ... how the fuck is he ever going to lose his Pokémon outside of a) Whitney's Miltank and b) rogue critical hits?

Not trying to be mean about it. It's just that I genuinely assumed it couldn't have possibly been a Nuzlocke the moment I saw you mention he was trying to heal Pokémon mid-fight.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #262
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

I dunno, I didn't decide the rules. I think the care more about the streaming and are just applying easy-mode rules. I'm pretty sure I've seen Nuzlockers doing the same thing before, the only ubiquitous rules I know are a) release/box Pokémon that faint and b) catch the first Pokémon you find in an area.

While I've been tempted, I don't actually Nuzlocke so I don't really know.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:04 AM   #263
Mercutio
Banned

It's bot in the strict rules so there's not really any reason he should feel obliged.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #264
Escalion

Well, I've made up my mind and made some progress too, albeit a little ^_^'

For my Nuzlocke I've decided to go with the following rules:
- Faint is release (not boxing, release)
- Catch only 1st Pokémon in an area (E.g. everything that has it's own name)
- Nickname every Pokémon (it's something I normally don't do so :P)
- Duplicate clause in on.
- Fleeing Pokémon do not count as first Pokémon (for some leeway in case of Abra for example)
- Shiny Pokémon may be caught and used even if not first Pokémon (only ever found 1 Shiny in all my Gen 2 play-throughs ever so... >_<)
- Special/Event Pokémon may be caught but only used if first encounter. (E.g. I may only use Sudowoodo, if I catch no other Pokémon on route 36)
- Found items only, with the exception of regular Pokéballs.
- No Legendaries
- Ingame trades allowed
- Evolution trades not allowed
- Blackout is not game over if still Pokémon in Box (I mean, it's not like the opponent kills the trainer XD)

And now on to the journal

Nuzlocke Day 1:
Woke up this morning, freaking headache from last night. Shouldn't drink so much whiskey. Found out that that Professor from next door wants me to run an errant for him. Do I look like a message boy? That bitch mom of mine wanted me to go too, guess I didn't have much of a choice. Good thing I could get some aggression out on that Pokémon Perf outside of the building, 'helping himself' to that Chikorita. Once inside I heard what I had to do, get some sort of bullshit from an old geezer in Cherrygrove City. Good thing is that I got a Pokémon from that Elm guy. A Cyndaquil. Named him Brian.

Nuzlocke Day 2:
Ran the errant. Turned out I had to deliver a Mystery Egg. Elm got all excited, I don't get it though. I eat egg for breakfast every day. Decided to go on a Journey too. I need to get away from that annoying mom, Professor and town. Ow yeah, should not forget to note this. Today I had my first trainer battle. With a guy names ????. Weird name, but turned out that the perf is a thief too. Don't know why he stole the Totodile though.

Nuzlocke started today too. Route 29 only got me a Rattata. Named her Splinter. Moved on towards Cherrygrove again only to pass through this time, on my way to Violet City. Did take a quick look at route 46 too though, found and caught a Geodude who I named Kiezel. On route 30 I almost got through without running into wild Pokémon, but in the end I found a Caterpie. Turns out it has a brain tumor or something, it keeps saying 'Wurmple' so I just named it that. Got a funny encounter with that Joey dude too btw, his 'top percentage Rattata' proved to be no match for Splinter. See who's top percentage there ;)

Route 31 got a Pokémon I didn't really want, Bellsprout. Named her Belly but traded her away in Violet City for an Onix named ROCKY. Didn't really know where to go next so decided to visit the Ruins of Alph. Silly researchers there. I solved that puzzle in a minute. So obvious that it was a Kabuto on that panel. The Ruins helped me get another Pokémon too. An Unown. The first two fleed, but got one finally. It looked like two tits glued together in a weird way, so I just called it B. It's Hidden Power is Fighting, it was super effective against Splinter. Called it a day after that, I want to visit the Sprout Tower next, but only at Night.

Nuzlocke Day 3:
Went through the Sprout Tower today. Not sure what to think of it. I caught a Gastly as I wanted, named her Lucy. But my experience with the Sages was a bit less. Against the final boss all went well at first, Lucy doing a good job hypnotizing and stuff. Wanted to give Splinter some experience too, but the final Bellsprout woke up early and used a Growth. Thought Splinter would survive a boosted hit from full health so let her in. But a boosted crit turned out to be too much and the Vine Whip killed her. Sad moment. Wurple then finished the job, after which he evolved into Silco- Metapod. Happy moment. Buried Splinter next to the Tower and called it a day, heavy moment. I need to get over this loss first. But for tomorrow, off to beat the Gym!

Current team:
Brian, male Cyndaquil, lvl 11
ROCKY, male Onix, lvl 7
Kiezel, male Geodude, lvl 7
Lucy, female Gastly, lvl 8
Wurmple, male Metapod, lvl 7
B, genderless Unown, lvl 6

Boxed:
-

R.I.P.
Splinter, female Rattata, lvl 7

Last edited by Escalion; 08-05-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Escalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #265
Escalion

ZE PROGREZ UPDATE!

Nuzlocke Day 4:
Beat the Violet Gym today. I overestimated Falkner. Thought he had Pokémon of about level 10-12 so prepared for that. Turned out to have Pokémon of level 7-9. If it wasn't for that annoying Mud-Slap Kiezel would have been enough but accuracy... But still got the badge way too easy. Then that idiot Elm called me and forced me to take care of an Egg, just dropped it in my PC. Next stop: Azalea Town.

Ow yeah, another thing I really should mention. All the walking, ALL THAT FREAKING WALKING I DID TODAY! It's ain't fun anymore... After the Gym I got to Route 32, caught myself an Ekans there who I called Salazar, and in the Pokémon Center I got a Fishing Rod, old thing but okay. Then walked all the way back home to give the town idiot a piece of my mind about that Egg and gave my mom some money to keep her busy. Also used that rod, caught myself an evil looking Magikarp. Leviathan suits him. And then all the way back to Route 32 and into Union Cave where I got myself a Zubat, called him Vlad. From there it was easy, walk through the cave, almost get killed by an level 11 Onix and get to Route 33, where I caught my Spearow Hawkeye, and into Azalea Town. Got some evolutions on the way there too. Wurmple is now a Beauti- Butterfree and Brian is a Quilava now.

Nuzlocke Day 5:
After some rest I decided to check out the Ilex Forest first. My capture: Melittin the Weedle. Then met up with Kurt, but he got obsessed with Team Rocket who apparently hang out in the Slowpoke Well. Like I care, but I had to get him. Turned out that fool hurt himself and had me do the dirty work for him, didn't even pay anything afterwards but a lousy Lure Ball! Also met up with that ???? dude again. Still wonder what his parents were using when they named him. But the encounter went well in survival terms. My team was vastly underleveled and having 2 Rock and 1 Fire type on my team didn't help either against that bloody Croconow. Burned through all my Potions, but got him in the end without deaths, though it was a close one with that Zubat almost flinching me to death so decided to train a bit for the Gym.

Second Gym that turned out to be way too easy. Solo'd the whole thing with Brian, though I let Leviathan, who I switched out for Rocky as he started disobeying, have some experience too. He'll turn into a nice Gyarados soon for sure.

Wanted to go to Goldenrod next, but wasn't easy. Had to fetch a Farfetch'd first only to find out only Brian was able to learn Cut. So switched out Wurmple for Melittin and evolved him into Beedrill to teach it Cut. Then finally proceeded to Route 34 and Goldenrod City. Skipped the capture on the route at first. Wanted to get the Odd Egg for my collection. Hatched both the stupid things. Got a Balloon out of them, Igglybuff, who really should be called Ugglybuff... and another EGGPKMN, Togepi. Then got my capture, ignored the Jigglypuff because, Ugglybuff, and got myself a Box filler in Pixy, a female Snubbull. Also dropped off B and Leviathan at the Day Care. Need to do some training before I take on Whitney I know her reputation.

Current team:
Brian, male Quilave, lvl 18
ROCKY, male Onix, lvl 18
Kiezel, male Geodude, lvl 15
Lucy, female Gastly, lvl 15
Wurmple, male Butterfree, lvl 15
Melittin, male Beedrill, lvl 15

Day Care:
Leviathan, male Magikarp, lvl 14 (+1)
B, genderless Unown, lvl 15 (+6)

Boxed:
Balloon, female Igglybuff, lvl 5
EGGPKMN, male Togepi, lvl 5
Salazar, male Ekans, lvl 4
Vlad, male Zubat, lvl 5
Hawkeye, male Spearow, lvl 6
Pixy, female Snubbull, lvl 10

R.I.P.

Last edited by Escalion; 08-07-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #266
Escalion

AND ANOTHER UPDATE! Not that I have the idea that anyone cares, but since it's my first ever Nuzlocke too I'll just update it anyway.

Nuzlocke Day 6:
Did some heavy training before I took on Whitney. I knew she had a reputation of destroying the hopes of many League Challengers. But till now it is still the first Gym that proved the biggest challenge (eg. has the most annoying move ever). Whitney's Gym was... pathetic, to say the least. Solo'd her entire Gym with my lvl 23 Unown B's HP Fighting. If it wasn't for running out of PP I'd beat her Milktank with it too but had to give ROCKY the honor of landing the final blow.

Next up was a trip to Ecruteak City. On Route 35 I hoped to catch a Growlithe, ended up with a much rarer Yanma instead due to the constant Roaring. Named the girl Pjotr, just because. After that I entered the National Park, beat some lousy, old Cosplayers there and captured a Nidoran F, thought Dominatrix suited her as she will turn into a Queen that forces the opposition into submission. Route 36 came next and was quite funny. I found a moving tree there. A little girl told me I needed a SquirtBottle, that name really made me laugh. But okay, I had to go all the way back to Goldenrod, get the damned thing, back to Route 36 again, use it and... I got myself a female Sudowoodo who I named Dawn. Took me to Route 37 to catch the Growlithe I wanted, named him McBoss, and then FINALLY I reached Ecruteak.

Nuzlocke Day 7:
Did an awful lot of training today with some great results. But I have to tell about Fluffy first. I met Bill today in the Pokémon Center. He told me the trading system is up and running, as if I'm interested in that, and he just left after that. So I went all the way back to Goldenrod again to go to his house and give him a piece of my mind. Well, I did and boy was he scared. The pussy even gave his Eevee just so I would leave and not beat him up as I intended. Named the thing Fluffy and it's a useful partner, but more on that later.

Back to the training in Ecruteak, Leviathan finally evolved into Gyarados and my Pokémon really got a lot stronger. After a hard days work they deserved to look around a bit. And guess who I meet in the Burned Tower? Eusine, Morty and that idiot of an ????. Seriously, what's up with his name? And once again the fool wants to battle, which he lost again as usual. This time it wasn't even much of a challenge. But the battle created a hole right under my feet making me fall down into the basement of the tower. Quite funny actually, I end up waking three legendary Pokémon, one of which seemed to be rather interested in me. Problem however, there was no way out! Luckily Eusine helped me by building a ladder so I could get out. He rambled something about Suicune too, but didn't pay much attention. Also caught a Koffing here, called her LA.

Back to training for the Gym Challenge, I trained in Mt. Mortar. Caught myself a Machop there who I called Bertha. On Route 42 I had my newly evolved Umbreon headbutt some trees and there I caught Alice the Aipom.

Nuzlocke Day 8:
Beat Morty today, tough match, Lucy almost died which only 3 HP left. Hypnosis isn't fun to have used against you either. Luckily I had Beautifly and his confusion to safe the day (yeah, I renamed Wurmple to better match his evolutionary stage). After that it was sightseeing time again, and found out I hadn't fought the Kimono girls just yet, and so I did. Wasn't too hard luckily and got myself HM Surf which I taught to Leviathan.

Next up was a trip to Olivine City, went past Route 38 and 39 where I caught a Magnemite and Noctowl respectively, their names being Tesla and Mrs. Owl. After a fight with a Flaaffy however, Lucy decided it was a good time to evolve. I got myself a Hauter now! Taught her Nightmare too btw. Which I totally forget to mention yesterday. Yesterday I had to run yet another errant. Deliver a Pokémon with mail to a dude somewhere near Violet. Taught of keeping the Pokémon first, but I already have a Spearow so just delivered it and got the TM Nightmare. But back to Olivine, found out the Gym Leader is busy attending a sick Pokémon. I can see another errant coming up... So I'm already preparing my team to get over the ocean and into Cianwood, but that's for another day.

Current team:
Hawkeye, male Spearow, lvl 7 (In training)
Melittin, male Beedrill, lvl 25
Fluffy, male Umbreon, lvl 25
Lucy, female Haunter, lvl 25
Beautifly, male Butterfree, lvl 26
Leviathan, male Gyarados, lvl 26

In rotation:
ROCKY, male Onix, lvl 25
B, genderless Unown, lvl 26
Brian, male Quilava, lvl 25

Boxed:
Vlad, male Zubat, lvl 5
Dawn, female Sudowoodo, lvl 20
Pjotr, female Yanma, lvl 12
Dominatrix, female Nidoran, lvl 12
McBoss, male Growlithe, lvl 14
Alice, female Aipom, lvl 10
Bertha, female Machop, lvl 14
LA, female Koffing, lvl 14
Tesla, genderless Magnemite, lvl 16
Mrs. Owl, female Noctowl, lvl 16

R.I.P.

To prevent Wall Of Text, other Pokémon info in spoiler

Last edited by Escalion; 08-10-2013 at 07:09 AM. Reason: derp
Old 08-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #267
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
>Escalion

Good job I guess but you need more Pokémon dying
I did like how you named Koffing LA though
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #268
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I'm thinking of doing a Platinum Nuzlocke, myself... I'll have to post later once I get that going.

:EDIT: So, after losing with Turtwig to my rival in the very first battle due to a damn critical hit (fffff) and then winning against him with a male Piplup only to be reminded that I need to manually erase the old save data on my cartridge before I can save a new game (FFFFFFFFFF) I finally have Sieglinde, the quirky female Piplup. Now I can officially get this Nuzlocke started~

ME'S PLATINUM NUZLOCKE RULES:

- Pokemon that "die" are released.
- First Pokemon encountered in that area is the only Pokemon that can be captured. The only exceptions will be if that Pokemon is a duplicate, or if I encounter a shiny Pokemon. Shiny Pokemon will be captured, but boxed.
- No trading, including through NPCs.
- Pokemon Centers allowed
- Healing items only allowed if obtained through the game. They cannot be bought, and cannot be used during trainer battles.
- No held items
- No legendaries
- No fleeing from wild encounters
- Switching Pokemon during battle is allowed
- Blackout is game over.

THE LIVING:

Name: Sieglinde
Current Level: 17
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Torrent
Date Obtained: 8/10/13
Location Obtained: Route 201 (Starter)
Level Obtained: 5 (as Piplup)
Capable of taking hits.

Name: Griggs
Current Level: 6
Nature: Docile
Ability: Unaware
Date Obtained: 8/10/13
Location Obtained: Lake Verity
Level Obtained: 2
A little quick tempered.

Name: Alvina
Current Level: 11
Nature: Modest
Ability: Intimidate
Date Obtained: 8/11/13
Location Obtained: Route 202
Level Obtained: 3
Somewhat vain.

Name: Moonlight
Current Level: 7
Nature: Mild
Ability: Shed Skin
Location Obtained: Route 204
Level Obtained: 4 (as Wurmple)
Somewhat of a clown.

Name: Rhea
Current Level: 3
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Inner Focus
Location Obtained: Ravaged Path
Level Obtained: 3
Alert to sounds.

Name: Sparkly
Current Level: 12
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Keen Eye
Location Obtained: Route 203
Level Obtained: 5
Strong willed.

Name: Latria
Current Level: 10
Nature: Careful
Ability: Cloud Nine
Date Obtained: 8/16/13
Location Obtained: Oreburgh Gate
Level Obtained: 7
Proud of its power.

Name: Selen
Current Level: 7
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Sturdy
Location Obtained: Oreburgh Mine
Level Obtained: 7
Somewhat of a clown.

Name: Laurentius
Current Level: 5
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Run Away
Location Obtained: Route 207
Level Obtained: 5
Strongly defiant.

THE DEAD:

None yet~!

Last edited by Marion Ette; 08-16-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:58 AM   #269
Escalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
>Escalion

Good job I guess but you need more Pokémon dying
I did like how you named Koffing LA though
Ghehe, thanks.
Also, I'm way too freaking careful in this Nuzlocke. I'm doing things now that I absolutely never do in a normal play through. Like rotating Pokemon. Normally I have a fixed team of 6 within the first 10 captures, I very rarely change them all the way till Red. Now I change my team for almost every big battle XD

And grinding, hate it and never do it. But now I do it a lot to keep all my rotating Pokemon around the same level.

But that being said, if you want death you'll enjoy my next update when it comes T_T
Old 08-15-2013, 04:54 AM   #270
Escalion

UPDATE!! DEATHS!!

Nuzlocke Day 9:
And it went just as I thought it would. I go up the lighthouse, find that Gym Leader and yes, of course, I get to run an errant AGAIN! Go to Cianwood and vetch a potion. I'm getting so tired of this, do I look like a delivery boy? Why can't people just call a delivery service or something? Why do I always have to do everything? But okay... I didn't feel like swimming there so checked out the harbor first to see if I could get a boat. And of course there wasn't any. Did find a good fishing spot though and caught myself a Shellder who I named Bud.

So after that I had to go to Route 40 and freaking SURF to Cianwood via Route 41. Luckily I could ride Leviathan and caught myself a Tentacool and Mantine who I named Octo and Submarine respectively. So once I arrived in the city I got the potion, talk to some people and once again I found Suicune. Being attacked out of nowhere by Eusine right after. Beat the crap out of him. But found out that ???? most likely had also been here as more Pokémon got stolen. The victim handed me his Shuckle SHUCKIE to take care of till later. Not that I plan on ever going back there so I'll be keeping the thing in my Box. After that I beat the Gym. Once again a way too easy one. Why is every Gym so easy? All I needed was Lucy for Primeape and Leviathan for the Poliwrath. But okay, after that, back to Olivine and the lighthouse to drop of the potion.

Nuzlocke Day 10:
Christ, me and my big mouth. Today I challenged Jasmine. Well, I asked for a though Gym and I GOT one. Sweet hell, that Steelix of her was a beast. It nearly killed all my Pokémon because I with my big mouth underestimated her and went to the Gym under-leveled. Never will I do that again... with all my Pokémon severely weakened I needed a safe switch, which meant someone had to die. B, I will miss you and I will never forget how you all but solo'd Whitney's Gym. Went back to Ruins of Alph to bury him.

Next I had to go to Mahogany Town, had a hard time concentrating on it, but I had to because there was some weird shit going on there and in the Lake of Rage. Ow, met Suicune again too btw, but okay. I did some heavy training before I wanted to challenge the Gym but it was blocked, being directed to the Lake of Rage instead. Found some weird Team Rocket dudes there. Charging 1,000 PD for entrance. Hell no I paid that up so just went the other way what ended up in me catching BloodyMary the Venonat.

The Lake of Rage was fun though. There was a Red Gyarados going on a rampage there. Couldn't help myself from catching it and so I did. The fight was a struggle, but I succeeded and Mr.Sparkle is mine now. He will be a good HM slave. After I caught it Lance asked me to help him, I thought 'why not, guess I do look like an errant boy...' and that says a lot since I'm a girl... Turned out Lance found a Team Rocket base below the local market. Beat the crap out of the grunts and executives and unfortunately I had to kill some innocent Electrode too, I wanted to catch one, but I already caught GRENADE!, my Voltorb, because of the trapped floor. Bloody Rockets...

Nuzlocke Day 11:
Next day, new chance to beat the Gym. And I did, and it was easy, and it makes NO sense. Why was this Gym WEAKER than the last one? Why League officials, WHY? Pryce's Pokémon were weaker and lower-leveled than Jasmine's... Idiotic League system around here. The most annoying thing about this Gym was the ice floor. I couldn't walk around I had to SLIDE around, and most of the time I did that on my ass. It still hurts from all the falling...

After the Gym battle I found out that Team Rocket is on the loose again. After all those years being active and beaten up in Kanto they decided Johto would be a good place to start again. They couldn't be any more wrong than that. I will beat the crap out of them personally. Because I just know that everything is THEIR fault and I will have them pay for it with their life!

To prepare for this battle I have trained A LOT. And added more Pokémon to my rotation system. Tesla is added and trained, Bertha is added and trained, Hawkeye is fully trained, I have trained Bud up though I'm waiting for a Water Stone now for my friend Tully. And I had to add McBoss to the squad too. Trained and evolved him because I needed a new Fire-type.

Poor Brian. I love you my friend and you will be missed greatly. Four times bad luck turned out to be one bad luck too many. I was training when it happened. Brian was feeling weak already and was poisoned, he had just evolved into Typhlosion too from all the fighting, when we ran into a Mantine (bad luck 1). Brian failed to knock it out in one hit and was hit by a Supersonic and got confused (bad luck 2). He ended up hitting himself in his confusion (bad luck 3) and the Mantine got to attack again. I now had to switch him out but I though he could still take a hit. He could take one too, but a critical Bubblebeam was too much for Brian to take (bad luck 4). I'm sorry my friend, I should have saved you earlier. I keep his body conserved, his dream was to see the Cinnabar Vulcano and I will have him see it as a final resting place.

Current team:
Fluffy, male Umbreon, lvl 35
Lucy, female Haunter, lvl 35
Beautifly, male Butterfree, lvl 35
Tesla, genderless Magneton, lvl 35
McBoss, male Arcanine, lvl 35
Bertha, female Machoke, lvl 35

In rotation:
ROCKY, male Onix, lvl 35
Hawkeye, male Fearow, lvl 35
Melittin, male Beedrill, lvl 35
Leviathan, male Gyarados, lvl 36
Mr.Sparkle, male Gyarados, lvl 32
Bud, male Shellder, lvl 25

Boxed:
Vlad, male Zubat, lvl 5
Dawn, female Sudowoodo, lvl 20
Pjotr, female Yanma, lvl 12
Dominatrix, female Nidoran, lvl 12
Alice, female Aipom, lvl 10
LA, female Koffing, lvl 14
Mrs. Owl, female Noctowl, lvl 16
Octo, female Tentacool, lvl 22
Submarine, male Mantine, lvl 20
SHUCKIE, male Shuckle, lvl 15
BloodyMary, female Venonat, lvl 15
GRENADE!, genderless Voltorb, lvl 23

R.I.P.
B, genderless Unown, lvl 30
Brian, male Typhlosion, lvl 36
Old 08-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #271
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

NUZLOCKE PLATINUM UPDATE 1 : TWINLEAF TOWN - OREBURGH CITY

Prologue

Technology in Sinnoh has advanced dramatically in recent years. Pokemon that would have died two decades ago are now easily revived with strange crystals and the top-secret, patented methods of the Pokemon Center HQ. They are saying that this is the golden age of Pokemon training; now, we can unlock the full potential of Pokemon without worrying about the effects on their health. What was once inhumane is now considered common practice. After all, if these formerly grievous injuries are so quickly and easily healed, why even bother to take them seriously?

At one time, I thought, like the others, that this new technology was for the benefit of both trainers and Pokemon. It wasn't until I read the controversial works of a mysterious man named Ruby that I realized the darker side to all of this new technology. He wrote about the feeling that those Pokemon who rely on these new technologies to survive seem to be undergoing dramatic changes in personality and competence. Pokemon that were once vibrant, eccentric and talented now seem to be becoming nothing more than mindless war machines as their exposure to these technologies increase. Their very natures are being degraded and destroyed through repeated revivals and constant potion use. Ruby named his belief system "Nuzlocke," after the first Pokemon that died as a result of denying it the life-saving technologies that could have kept it living.

Ruby is no idealist. He chose that name for a reason; this path is not an easy one, especially for those who want to hang on to their precious Pokemon, no matter what the cost... but what is the cost of letting them live? What is the cost of being able to reanimate the dead? These questions haunted me, day and night. Even when trainer's school extolled the virtues of modern-day Pokemon Centers and the benefits of man-made healing items, I found myself doubting this attitude more and more.

Today, the day I received my very first Pokemon, I have submitted my paperwork today to the Main Pokemon Center HQ declaring myself a Nuzlockian. Before I begin my Pokemon Journey with Sieglinde, my Piplup, I need to make it clear that I will not be allowing her or any other Pokemon under my care to receive any "unnatural" treatment. The only check-ups they will be able to receive are those that existed before the "golden age"; they will have traditional treatment for burns, poison and unnatural sleep, and their wounds will be patched up naturally. Though it pains me... if any of them are to perish, then so be it. I will not allow the center to bring them back to life.

Of course, this choice comes with a stigma. Nuzlockians, once approved by the Pokemon Center HQ, are limited by law in how many Pokemon they can catch. They are only allowed to capture one Pokemon per area, and if they fail to capture the first Pokemon they encounter in that area, any chances of capture are forfeit. In fact, I am fortunate to live in an area of the country where there is a "duplicate clause", which states that another chance is granted if I run into a Pokemon I have already captured. These laws exist because anti-Nuzlocke propaganda has sullied our reputations, calling us "unsuitable trainers" and arguing that the limit is in place in order to "control the number of deaths". They say that we should consider ourselves fortunate that we are allowed to engage in this "crazy belief system" at all. The limits come after months and months of debate and compromise... but it is a rather sad statement of how blindly others cling to these new technologies.

I feel the judgment even here, in the town where I grew up. The others in town call me a hippie. A freak. A backwards hick... they say that I am "misguided" and that I will "listen to reason" once I lose that which is most precious to me. Do they think that I am that weak? That my beliefs will be so easily shaken? Let them taunt me. Deride me. Let them spit on the graves of my Pokemon. We are used to the torment.

"How can you scoff at the latest technology?" My mother asked, after I admitted what I had done... "How could you do this to yourself... how could you do this to your Pokemon?"

No amount of explanation could satisfy her. I could tell she wanted to rip the running shoes she had given me clear off my feet. When Sieglinde and I left that house after that terrible argument, it wasn't just to perform an errand... it was for good. My journey will begin with or without her support. This is a path that Sieglinde and I must follow alone.

Current Main Team:

Thus far, I have obtained nine Pokemon, each from a different area of Sinnoh (in accordance with Nuzlocke regulations). Six of them are currently serving as members of the main team.

Sieglinde the Piplup has received the most training so far of all my Pokemon; as my starter, she is expected to serve as a role model to the others, and her typing is advantageous for the first gym challenge. She evolved outside Oreburgh City, and has managed to single-handedly wipe the floor with Roark. She's a quirky little thing, who loves following me around and making funny faces... but when it comes to battle, she is surprisingly resilient. I couldn't imagine a better starter than her, though I am told it is rare to have a female. In fact, out of the nine Pokemon I have captured so far, only two are males! I wonder why that is....

Next in line is Alvina the Shinx, who is still too young to harness electricity in battle. Her modesty holds her back in battle, but she has an intimidating way about her that seems to give her the advantage when she needs it most. I see a lot of potential in her, and will likely be making her a permanent member of the team... as long as she learns how to overcome her shyness in battle and stop holding herself back.

Admittedly, Starly is not one of my favorite Pokemon... but Sparkly may be changing my opinion. She is surprisingly powerful, and has shown competence in battle early on. She will take down anyone and anything for a shiny... and believe me, it's best not to get in her way.

Laurentius is a newer member to the team, but one who holds a great potential as a wielder of fire. The only male on the main team, he has yet to show the ability to use his flames as a weapon against others, but he is young yet... and in the meantime, his devastating kicks will serve nicely.

I would have thought that Moonlight would become a butterfly, but the Wurmple I caught early in my adventure seems to prefer a more poisonous path. As a Cascoon, she may not be particularly fearsome, but her poison sting has inflicted some particularly nasty status conditions on more than one occasion. I have fallen behind on her training, but hopefully she will emerge from her cocoon soon, and realize her full potential.

Finally, there is Latria, a Psyduck who does not seem to be destined long for the team. Though she was initially trained up to serve as backup in the event of Sieglinde sustaining heavy damage, both she and I know the real reason why she is here... If, Giratina forbid, something ever were to happen to Sieglinde, it would likely be Latria who would have to take her place. I have no idea whether or not this dopey Psyduck is up to the task, but I am told that there is more than meets the eye with this species... We shall see.

The Oreburgh Gym

Knowing that the leader here specializes in Rock-type Pokemon, I trained enthusiastically with Sieglinde until she evolved. I do wish I could have spent a longer time with my girl as a little Piplup... but given the choices that I've made, I'd rather she grow quickly and gain the strength to survive than to become a cute and adorable corpse. It seems as if my worry for her was unnecessary, however... Sieglinde's bubble was unstoppable, causing one-hit KO's on all of Roark's Pokemon. I am immensely proud of her, and just how much she's grown already.

Of course, this means that my other Pokemon are woefully behind. Sparkly and Laurentius in particular are going to need training in order to prepare for our next match against the grass-type trainer, Gardenia. That said, Sparkly in particular has shown a lot of promise as a fighter. Time will tell if that promise will allow her to succeed in the upcoming challenge.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #272
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
So in the run up to XY I've decided to do a Nuzlocke of pokemon. All of it. I shall be doing, in the following order;

Leaf Green (defeat Gary)
Heart Gold (defeat Red)
Sapphire (defeat Steven)
Platinum (defeat Cynthia)
White (defeat Alder)
White 2 (defeat Iris)

Each game will be a separate run (obviously), if I fail I'll move onto the next game. This may well prove to be too time consuming, but we'll see how it goes. If I'm feeling particularly insane and pull these off in time I might be persuaded to blind nuzlocke XY.

Let the insanity commence!

Leaf Green:
Part 1a: (Start - Brock)
Part 1b: (Start - Brock)

Last edited by Concept; 08-20-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #273
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
So in the run up to XY I've decided to do a Nuzlocke of pokemon. All of it. I shall be doing, in the following order;

Leaf Green (defeat Gary)
Heart Gold (defeat Red)
Sapphire (defeat Steven)
Platinum (defeat Cynthia)
White (defeat Alder)
White 2 (defeat Iris)

Each game will be a separate run (obviously), if I fail I'll move onto the next game. This may well prove to be too time consuming, but we'll see how it goes. If I'm feeling particularly insane and pull these off in time I might be persuaded to blind nuzlocke XY.

Let the insanity commence!
Are you not in school this semester o0

Anywho, good luck. I've been considering doing XY as a blind nuzlocke as well, or at least without team planning (which I've never not done for a new Pokemon game).

Also do you have streaming capabilities? I'd love to check that out sometime if you do, nuzlockes are always fun to watch.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #274
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
Are you not in school this semester o0

Anywho, good luck. I've been considering doing XY as a blind nuzlocke as well, or at least without team planning (which I've never not done for a new Pokemon game).

Also do you have streaming capabilities? I'd love to check that out sometime if you do, nuzlockes are always fun to watch.
My term starts two days after XY comes out. British summer holidays start and end later than American ones and my university starts back particularly late. I was planning on doing them on the actual cartridges (so on my GBA and DS) but I can't seem to locate my gen IV games so that might be an emulation&streaming job.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #275
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Leaf Green: Part 1 (Start - Brock)

Ok, let's get this show on the road! Quick run down of the rules I'll be following; battle style is set, no healing items in battle, no duplicates (and if the first pokemon I run into in a route is a duplicate, I'll allow myself to find something else), any time I have a choice of 'mon (starters, the Hitmons) will be RNGed. I'm also not going to start counting captures until I get pokeballs, so I can get route one.

So we begin LG with our main character, DAVE, and his rival, GARY, getting new pokemon. RNG says 1, so DAVE obligingly chooses the leftermost pokemon, Bulbasaur! GARY chooses Charmander. I forsee that Charizard giving me problems in the future, but at least in the short term I have a strong battler for the first two gyms.

Bulbasaur: Solid defences, HP and Sp. Atk so some sort of stall set with Giga Drain seems like potentially a good idea. Giga Drain/Leech Seed/Toxic/Other maybe? Or I might throw Sleep Powder in there. Shame it doesn't get Growth or something similar, my BW2 Sunflora was epic. He gets the name HERCULE.

First battle with the rival and I'm a little nervous; with healing items in battle disallowed, an unlucky miss or crit could spell the end of this nuzlocke before it's even really started. And indeed it does!

END LEAF GREEN

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON