UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 10-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #226
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
Why doesn't this guy write and rap songs...not about MLP? I feel like he has some talent, and could be better off with other lyrics xD

Not complaining, just wondering.
I think he has, or at least said he's going to.

Jeri,

Spoiler: show
I'm really glad Zecora is back, too. I hope this means we get more of her (and Luna for that matter) in the future. Also, Lauren Faust said Rarity was supposed to have a scene in the episode where Twilight took Luna to her house to give her a makeover or something to that effect, but that it had to be taken out due to time constraints. I had also heard that Rarity was still working on her costume or something and that she wouldn't have been shown wearing it... but maybe I'm wrong on that, so don't quote me.

edit:
Ten pages of ponies! *brohooves all around*

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Last edited by deoxys; 10-26-2011 at 06:59 PM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:01 AM   #227
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Deo is correct, here is the quote:

They were running short on time and they felt they had enough Pinkie Pie misinterprets the situation gags, so Rarity got cut.

Also ten pages! Huzzah!

You receive all the points, my dear.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #228
deoxys
Fog Badge

HUZZAH! THE FUN HAS BEEN DOUBLED!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:54 AM   #229
deoxys
Fog Badge

New ponies in T-minus five hours --- in case anyone missed it, slow news day at the Wall Street Journal today...

edit: Spoiler'd image for size reasons. Check the bottom of the picture. Front page material(!?)

edit: Also, two new episode synopses!

EP 8 - Date: 11/26/11 10:00am EST

Title: The Mysterious Mare Do Well

Synopsis: There is a new hero in Ponyville who is masked and stealing Rainbow Dash's thunder.

EP 9 -Title: Sweet and Elite

Air Date: 12/3 10:00am EST

Synopsis: Sweet and Elite Rarity must choose between her friends and important social connections in Canterlot.

Last edited by deoxys; 11-05-2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #230
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Needs moar Apple Jack episodes!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #231
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

. . .

Huzzah!
Old 11-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #232
deoxys
Fog Badge

Slept in and watched it later. Good, calm episode.... nice change of pace for once and I completely approve. Loved it.

I'm sorry, but I definitely didn't shed a few manly tears here and again at the end

Old 11-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #233
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Yeah, it got ABL too. Especially your spoilered image scene.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:12 AM   #234
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post
Yeah, it got ABL too. Especially your spoilered image scene.
First time the show actually made me cry. The only other time I came close was when Twilight cried when she lost all of her friends in Return of Harmony Part 2, but that was just choking up. Actually, it takes a lot to make me cry in relation to film but damn they did a really good job of setting the emotional atmospehere.

Why isn't ABL on anymore D:
Old 11-06-2011, 11:24 PM   #235
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Just started watching...

OH MY GOD WISCANSEN

EDIT:
Awwwwwwwww awesome ep. It makes me love Rarity even more, even if she was kind of being a bitch at first.

Last edited by Jerichi; 11-06-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:15 AM   #236
deoxys
Fog Badge

Sorry Scoots, Sweetie is my favorite CMC now <3

SPOILER: NEW, LEAKED S2 SONG! edit: Link removed. You want to listen to it, google is your friend.

It's being removed left and right so it's only a matter of time. The way the song is makes me think we will be getting a musical episode, something a lot of people have been wanting! Either that, or a special song for the upcoming soundtrack.

Last edited by deoxys; 11-07-2011 at 05:01 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:41 AM   #237
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
The creators don't want that song leaked, I personally would want to remove the link >>
Old 11-07-2011, 05:00 AM   #238
deoxys
Fog Badge

I don't see what the big deal is personally seeing as anyone who really wants to listen to it can easily do so, but after reviewing it and reading the opinions of bronies bickering about whether it's ethical to be sharing this song or not from around the net, I've felt it best to just remove the link and move myself into neutral territory on the issue.

Like I said. Images and such have been leaked for episodes weeks prior, and now that The Hub wants the song removed, there's a lot of pointless arguing on whether or not it's okay to share the link to listen to it. But whatever.

Last edited by deoxys; 11-07-2011 at 05:05 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #239
deoxys
Fog Badge

FUCK.

Season 3 was confirmed two nights ago by Tara Strong (voice of Twilight Sparkle), however... it looks like there will only be half as many episodes, clocking in at 13. Oh, and story writer Rob Renzetti quit. Fucking lovely.

The current rumor from within Hasbro is that, while MLP is making them a bunch of money right now, with Lauren Faust and Rob Renzetti having both left, they're nervous about how well the show will do without them, so they only ordered 13 episodes for S3 instead of the usual 26. On top of that, the other rumor going around is that they might be trying to cut episodes down to just enough to meet the requirement for syndication, 64 episodes, so 13 brings the total to 65, meaning they can end the show there. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yes, just rumors thankfully, the only problem with these rumors though is they actually have valid backing to them which worries the shit out of me. For good news, though, one rumor suggests that the reason they ordered 13 instead of the usual 26 is they could be cutting back to focus on a movie, although I'd personally rather have 13 episodes instead of a movie... unless it's a theatrical release.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #240
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I wouldn't panic too much about the episode count cut. It's pretty predictable, actually, given what Hasbro already did with Season 1 before there even was a Season 2. MLP:FiM was always meant to be an air-and-re-air series. That means that the earlier seasons were always going to have more episodes than the later seasons. If you only air the show once a week anyway, what need do you have for more than 52 episodes? (One episode a week, every week.) Cartoons in America are like that, where we re-air the shit out of them. Remember DuckTales? TMNT? Animaniacs? Look at any of their episode counts (click the previous links) and you'll see the pattern emerge: either episode heavy at the start, like DuckTales and Animaniacs, or else more bell-curve shaped, like TMNT. But never, ever a tall horizontal line from beginning to end. The episode count always trails off after a few years, not just because of lost interest but because of the nature of how American cartoons are aired (i.e. they're aired once and then re-aired a bajillion times). Every once in a while you'll get an American cartoon which breaks that mold, like Avatar: the Last Airbender, where the focus is clearly on telling an epic story and the seasons are all equal in length; but for the most part, no, you don't get that in this country.

tl;dr MLP:FiM was never going to be like Pokémon in the episode count department.

Now, as for the one dude quitting ... it says in the article you linked that he was a story editor, not a writer, and that the person replacing him was a story writer for the first two seasons. Now, being a writer and being an editor are two very different tasks -- in fact, it's often times the editor's job to tell the writer that painful cuts have to be made to what the writer believes is his/her masterpiece story and to enforce those cuts with authority -- but I wouldn't rule out this Meghan person's abilities to be an editor before you've even seen what she can do. As for Rob, no clue who he is or what episodes (if any!) he's written for the series, but if his leaving is major bad news for the fans, then I'm sorry to hear it.

Last edited by Talon87; 11-09-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:47 PM   #241
deoxys
Fog Badge

You have good points, and I hope you are correct. However, seeing as how The Hub is still an up and coming network with very little content, they do air MLP several times a week, but new episodes only once a week.

Rob Renzetti's history. The guy was a big part of the show, had a place in most episodes, and I can only imagine had a decent amount of influence over the show's direction. I hope indeed it won't affect it too much.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:00 AM   #242
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
They might be seeing how Season 2 goes before ordering more, I guess?
Old 11-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #243
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
You have good points, and I hope you are correct. However, seeing as how The Hub is still an up and coming network with very little content, they do air MLP several times a week, but new episodes only once a week.
Yes: and that's no different from how ABC used to air one new episode a week of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles while the re-runs would then show in syndication on FOX. (Well, at least where I lived, this was the channel breakdown. Yours may have differed somewhat, I dunno.) The HUB airs one new episode of PONIIIIIIIIIIIIEZ each week, and then intends to re-air one episode daily (or near daily) to cycle through the show over and over and over. My comment about only airing once a week for 52 weeks (and hence only needing 52 episodes of material) was just a point about how little content you could possibly get away with and still have an annual broadcast cycle. But the comparisons with DuckTales, Animaniacs, and TMNT are all very spot-on: because as you know, each of these shows aired weekly during their prime times on television with a new episode coming out once weekly (TMNT), just like MLP, or else an entire new season's worth of material being dumped on the broadcasting stations' laps each year (as was the case with Animaniacs).
Old 11-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #244
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Given that we didn't get confirmation of season 2 until season 1 was over (or at least almost over), hearing about season 3 being ordered at this early stage is a good thing. I wouldn't read too much into the partial order at this early stage, it's still almost a year off and Hasbro is likely just wanting more information about how the writing staff will adjust before making a full commitment (especially as though Pony ratings and sales have exceeded expectations, the rest of the Hub has not met expectations- and Hasbro co-owns the station.) to an expensive venture of more episodes.

In the meantime:
Old 11-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #245
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Your AzuDai reference is lost on this audience. ^^;

EDIT: the original. Obligatory. Aaaaand ... the dub version.

Last edited by Talon87; 11-10-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #246
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Not on me! Unfortunately, that reference is all I know lol~

Well... that and the theme song~ Catchy, it is!

Sweetie Belle looks so much more adorable than usual in that pic~

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~

Last edited by DaisyInari; 11-10-2011 at 07:09 PM.
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:07 AM   #247
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post

EDIT: the original. Obligatory. Aaaaand ... the dub version.
... I've seen AzuDai in it's entirety.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:52 AM   #248
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
You seem to have underestimated my brony and pegasister buddies, my good chum.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:42 AM   #249
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You're 2 for ... how many?
Old 11-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #250
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
You're 2 for ... how many?
Make that three. >.>