Double Dragon

Yeah, I'll be there so we can tiebreak.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #1452
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Up for duels myself.

Summary of the last ones I've been in -

Dueled quinto x3 times against the new Steelswarm XYZs. Was cut down after putting on the pressure in the first duel, overwhelmed in the second, and pulled out a win with my sides in the third. Those new cards are nasty. :/

Had a match against Shuckle's Worms, he's gotten scary good at using them now. First duel I probably would have lost, but he lagged out before finishing the job. Second duel was even-ish, but by the time Shuckle got up those huge Worm blockers, I made a mistake by not taking into account his field spell card (while using Black Luster Soldier) which I didn't have enough attack to defeat. In retrospect, I probably would have used the banishing effect instead of attacking them, though that would have been a lot slower and would have allowed for him to call forth his stronger worms. I won, but it was really a draw because of that error, I have no idea how it would have gone if I'd played differently.

Third duel, I got Quasar out on turn three and took control of the field. With Dandylion out of my deck, Quasar is a big easier to predict coming, but only if one recognizes the pattern that occurs right before it appears.

Tough duels all around, but I like that.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #1453
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I saw Kratos online and tried to coerce him into a duel, but he said he was working on a "beat-stick" deck using B.E.S. and Skill Drain. He suggested I make one and we test them against one another, so I slapped together something using the top strength Level 3, Level 4 monsters, threw in some generic XYZs, Rescue Rabbit, Tour Guide, Sangan and Tour Bus, Skill Drain and some other stuff.

Waiting for Kratos to make a decision, I dueled some random guy in the un-ranked lobby. He was using a Morphotronic Synchro deck, and seemed pretty un-comfortable using it. He summoned Formula Synchron on his first turn, set some cards, and was done.

My only move for most of the duel was to play one of my Level 4 beatsticks and attacked. Formula died, he used some spell to boost one of his other Morphotronics, but I used Forbidden Lance to negate his equips. I kept pounding him each turn until he ran out of monsters: http://i.imgur.com/nzrEi.jpg

I've always had a fear that someone does something like this to my Synchro deck, because unless I get into the Level 5 or Level 8 Synchros, the pivotal parts like Formula Synchron seem super vulnerable.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #1454
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Just came home from Uni, got out pretty early today, turning in Finals and all. I'll be pretty busy in a while, but I'm up for some early mornin' Duels.

// PASBL // Wild Future //
Old 04-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #1455
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Have I said that I have an Orichalcos Duel Disk? It's awesome.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #1456
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke_Hunter View Post
Have I said that I have an Orichalcos Duel Disk? It's awesome.
I want this. Sooooo bad.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #1457
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Anyone up for some Duels?

Old 04-24-2012, 03:12 AM   #1458
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Had a ton of duels yesterday. Enough so, I'm burned out for a while. A summary of the matches:

Spoiler: show

quintowill: Lose 0-3
Vs Junk Doppel

A big part of why I gave my old deck to Talon was because I don't get a lot of experience against my own deck. quinto's JD deck is the third I've faced, not counting my own. I had a lot of bad draws and made sloppy plays, but I shall not take away from such that quinto did what I normally do, but better. quinto's deck is more Junk Synchro focused and is splashed with Lightsworn and Plants.

unownmew: Win 2-1?
Vs Fortune Ladies

I watched a YouTube video about a guy complaining over Shooting Quasar Dragon, because it could be summoned with two Level 5 Synchro Monsters and Formula Synchron. Uh? I'm surprised I never knew that before, or took advantage of such a tactic, especially when my deck was better focused toward Level 5 Synchros. I applied it in one of the duels against UM and it took him by surprise too. I summoned Quasar in two of the duels, but I don't actually remember how the first went.

KratosAurion: Win 2-1?
Vs Agents

I don't remember how this match went either, I might have sweeped or just won two, but I remember being put on the ropes by Solemn Warning more than once. The more I see Warning used, the more I'm starting to feel 2000 LP is no cost at all for killing a big monster, especially when I've swallowed direct attacks that are far worse. I don't think I have room to insert them into my deck, though.

quintowill: Win 2-1
Vs Necrovalley

Necro was a deck UM used to terrorize me with in March, since my deck had little in the way of spell removal or point destruction, so I had to out-speed Necrovalley or time cards like Hand Destruction to keep it from ever appearing. Even then, I lacked the power to really do much against Visionary or ward against Guard.

But that was then, and this is now. I lost the first duel pretty soundly, but came back with a vengeance in the next two. UM hasn't used Necro against me for a while but I'm confident I could beat it.

Tuner89: Lose 0-3
Vs Tour Monarchs

Tuner tested his Monarch deck against me. Despite being filled with the usual suspects (Gorz, Trag, BLS, etc.) I didn't do very well against it until the third duel, where I pulled a Morphing Jar (I think?) to load up our hands, but didn't have quite enough attack to beat him that turn. I played the turn conservatively and lost the field in the next turn, and the duel a turn after that. It was the most challenging deck I fought all day.

quintowill: Win 2-1
Vs Junk Doppel

A rematch of the first match, all three duels were decided by card advantage and field control. In the first, I spammed Scrap Dragon's effect to pick clean quinto's field, in the second he used Solemn Warning among traps to kill my Synchros, and in the third I had a stocked field (BLS, SSD, Stardust) and he could have made a comeback because I was paralyzed with fear over the phantom of Morphing Jar 2, but didn't see it in time due to fatigue.

Excellent bouts, all!

I had a talk with Tuner earlier, but I think I'm not going to try and work in Colossal Fighter into my Extra, even though it's a good card. The natural trade-off is with Void Ogre Dragon, who is my muscle card, but while Colossal Fighter is generally stronger than VOD, the Spell/Trap Negation is too good. While I do have attack/defense ceilings for my cards, I have Armory Arm to boost that, if so needed. so it's hard to find a use for CF.

The biggest debate for me now is T.G. Warwolf versus Junk Servant. I learned of JS while reading a blog talking about the end of the Synchro Era. It's a card I might have made a lot of use of a month ago, but I have trouble finding a use for it now.

And yeah, I do hate Debris Dragon. Especially when it's not paired up with Dandylion.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-24-2012, 03:21 AM   #1459
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

The thing with your deck is that since the plant engine is dead, a lot of previously useful cards in synchro decks just aren't as useful as they used to be, and honestly I couldn't tell you off the top of my head which ones still work and which ones don't. When I first heard you took Dandy out of your deck, I was surprised, but the more I thought about it, it started making sense.

I'm pretty interested to see the decisions you end up making to keep your deck working. You've honestly got the best synchrocentric deck I've seen any one use this format, including people I know IRL.

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Old 04-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #1460
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

One thing Dopple, I have no Solemns on my Agent Deck, can't afford the 2000 LP Cost when those same 2000 LP could mean a 2000 Atk Mars, or 2000 LP worth of Direct Damage with Saturn.

Also, all of my yesterday Duels were fun as hell as always. 1 - 1 with unownnew and his Fortune Ladies, lost due to missing The Sanctuary in the Sky even though I have 5 search cards for it in addition to the 3 SitS. Second Duel, I got it early, Hyperion rolled in, and the rest was a nice Duel, he opposed good resistance with some Spell Book comboes that were cool as hell, but I managed to come out thanks to Saturn, iirc.

Good times with the Agents, though I feel like it still needs more fine tuning. And I need to start using my Extra Deck. Seriously, I've been passing to many turns with 2 Mystical Shine Balls on the field and Xyz monsters asking "WTF, man!" while still being burrowed in the Deck.

Also, I'll start experimenting with:
- Gusto
- Lightsworn
- Ice Barrier
- Batteryman

All of these seem fun, although Lightsworn is a bit too competitive for my taste.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #1461
Sneaze
Mrow?

Anyone up for a quick duel?

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 04-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #1462
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Will be on for a while (though I won't be dueling right away). May test some new stuff.

Last edited by kusari; 04-24-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #1463
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Today marks a HUGE event in yugioh. Konami has decided to get rid of TCG Ignition priority. This COMPLETELY changes the rules of the game, and makes a LOT of cards, such as Judgment Dragon, Chaos Sorcerer, Rescue Rabbit, and Mystic Piper a LOT worse.

Before, if you summoned a card like Chaos Sorcerer, you could call 'priority' which implies you have priority to be the first link in a chain, even with your ignition effect. Your opponent can still chain a card like Bottomless Trap Hole to your Chaos Sorcerer, but its effect will already be on the chain, and will be able to resolve.

Now that it's gone, though, we are a little bit more like the OCG. When your monster is summoned with an ignition effect, like chaos sorcerer, and your monster is destroyed by bottomless trap hole, you NO LONGER get the effect.

This extends to cards like Rescue Rabbit... Cards like Chain Disappearance will now work in stopping it completely.

What this does NOT stop, is trigger effects, such as Monarchs, Tour Guide, or Black Rose Dragon. These effects happen as the result of an event, which still happens, as opposed to ignition effects, which happen at any time during your main phase and must start a chain.

This new rule completely reshapes the game as we know it, and the once irrelevant Japanese metagame is now EXTREMELY relevant.

In my opinion, I have a love/hate relationship with this. I think the American priority ruling was awesome because it added a huge layer of complexity to the game. At the same time, however, I think it's important to have the same rules internationally, so I'm in favor of it there. This change has been rumored for years now, and it's only just now become official.

Thanks Pengy!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #1464
quintowill
Soul Badge

Send a message via AIM to quintowill Send a message via MSN to quintowill Send a message via Yahoo to quintowill Send a message via Skype™ to quintowill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner89 View Post
Today marks a HUGE event in yugioh. Konami has decided to get rid of TCG Ignition priority. This COMPLETELY changes the rules of the game, and makes a LOT of cards, such as Judgment Dragon, Chaos Sorcerer, Rescue Rabbit, and Mystic Piper a LOT worse.

Before, if you summoned a card like Chaos Sorcerer, you could call 'priority' which implies you have priority to be the first link in a chain, even with your ignition effect. Your opponent can still chain a card like Bottomless Trap Hole to your Chaos Sorcerer, but its effect will already be on the chain, and will be able to resolve.

Now that it's gone, though, we are a little bit more like the OCG. When your monster is summoned with an ignition effect, like chaos sorcerer, and your monster is destroyed by bottomless trap hole, you NO LONGER get the effect.

This extends to cards like Rescue Rabbit... Cards like Chain Disappearance will now work in stopping it completely.

What this does NOT stop, is trigger effects, such as Monarchs, Tour Guide, or Black Rose Dragon. These effects happen as the result of an event, which still happens, as opposed to ignition effects, which happen at any time during your main phase and must start a chain.

This new rule completely reshapes the game as we know it, and the once irrelevant Japanese metagame is now EXTREMELY relevant.

In my opinion, I have a love/hate relationship with this. I think the American priority ruling was awesome because it added a huge layer of complexity to the game. At the same time, however, I think it's important to have the same rules internationally, so I'm in favor of it there. This change has been rumored for years now, and it's only just now become official.
Thank you Konami...

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Note: banner is not up to date...
Old 04-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #1465
phoopes
Double Dragon

Well then, gonna have to look back through all my decks and see if there's any (there will probably be a lot) cards with new rulings that I have to memorize. I do find it a tad bit confusing on which cards' effects still resolve and which don't, but once I start dueling I don't think it will be too hard. Though you are correct, this is a big change in the game. Makes you wonder if something like Rescue Cat would get unbanned because of the rule change that makes it less effective.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #1466
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Ugh. Now I have to learn what is exactly and Ignition effect and what isn't. Stupid Konami exercising their right to change the rules to a game they own.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #1467
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

If a card says: "When this card is summoned, blah blah" it still works.

If a card says: "Once per turn, blah blah" It no longer works

That's not to say it will not work ever, it is to say that if you summoned the monster and your opponent chained, say, trap hole or something to the summon. If your opponent does not stop the summon, Ignition Effects will STILL work, so it doesn't make them useless... it just means that Trap Hole is a REALLY good card now.

Thanks Pengy!

Old 04-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #1468
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Huh, I never really used Ignition priority, though I knew of it. I don't think this will effect me much at all. But, Trap Hole becoming a viable card again? Nice to hear!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #1469
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew View Post
Huh, I never really used Ignition priority, though I knew of it. I don't think this will effect me much at all. But, Trap Hole becoming a viable card again? Nice to hear!
I completely agree. It's always nice for me when I see a card that I remember from my childhood used, and used effectively as well.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #1470
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Well, my Agents are pretty fucked up now. And here I wanted to experiment with Lightsworns and Gustos.

I'll probably have to carefully check how this affects my Madolce Deck, though. But thanks for the heads up.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #1471
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KratosAurion View Post
Well, my Agents are pretty fucked up now. And here I wanted to experiment with Lightsworns and Gustos.

I'll probably have to carefully check how this affects my Madolce Deck, though. But thanks for the heads up.
Agents are still fine. It's kind of annoying for Venus, but that's about it.

This new rule change actually makes Agents a much much much more powerful deck, because all the other decks get hurt so much more than agents do

Thanks Pengy!

Old 04-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #1472
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I've only called Prio once using BLS, against UM. Almost everyone I've dueled against simply buried BLS after it got Bottomlessed without declaring Prio. This doesn't effect me much, I think. But I understand the ramifications are huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
I completely agree. It's always nice for me when I see a card that I remember from my childhood used, and used effectively as well.
Trap Hole is still relevant, or at least, I've heard of it being used more to kill XYZ/Synchro Materials too weak for Bottomless but too strong for Chain.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #1473
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Trap hole was made relevant because every one expected priority would leave, but it never did. Now that it's actually gone, it's VERY relevant.

Just because you don't THINK you use priority, doesn't mean you aren't. So many subtle plays are based on priority. It's now worth it to bottomless a Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity, for example, where as before, people would save the card

Thanks Pengy!

Old 04-26-2012, 04:13 AM   #1474
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I've been playing with Boost Warrior for months and never read its second effect. That really could have changed the outcome of some duels in the past. o_O
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #1475
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Agents affected are Hyperion, Venus, Saturn and Jupiter. Hyperion's Effect could be key, given how he can singlahandedly change the tide of a Duel by rollin' into the Field with such a small cost and start destroying stuff left and right. Saturn won't change much, only a slightly smaller window for effect activation, but I wouldn't have declared it otherwise either. Thought I didn't have an actual time space to use the effect if he was Bottomless'd. Jupiter, well, he's a little less useful, but nothing that's going to reshape the view of the Archetype, either.

I guess Agents retain their usefulness, and Mars is actually benefitted by this, since his attack is 0 before his effect can activate, I'd guess that makes him inmune to all the Holes.

Also, Duels anyone?

Oh another note, I'm very happy about how Madolce is unnaffected by these changes, and it will also gain some steam. Hell yeah for creamy, cute Monsters being used competitively!

Last edited by KratosAurion; 04-26-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment