UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 02-22-2015, 04:29 PM   #326
Heather
Naga's Voice

So guys, thinking of doing a Y Egglocke. How in the world is that going to work, you ask? Well! Since this is a cartridge and everything, here's how it goes: anyone who wants to supply eggs should let me know and get my friend code from the trainercard in the second spoiler in my forum signature. We swap codes and get registered. That person gets a number. I'd ask every person to go for one box of eggs, with no two holding the same Pokemon for any one person. This should theoretically get a ton of possible species the more people that are involved. So then what? First captures will be boxed, and then it's TO THE RNG! The first number will tell me who I'm getting that egg from, the second the box number if more than one box or the row if only one box. After that, row or column based respectively on what the last roll was for, and if that third roll was for row, another roll for column. Here's two samples:

Roll 1: 3(Roto)
Roll2: 2(2nd row)
Roll 3: 3(3rd column)

Roll 1: 5(Kamen)
Roll 2: 2(2nd box)
Roll 3: 4(row)
Roll 4: 2(column)

Thinking of putting a story behind this, just gotta figure what it'll be. If you wish to contribute eggs, PM me with your friend code or a link to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #327
Heather
Naga's Voice

Its over. We did it. 3 deaths, but we did it. Y Egglocke CLEAR. Hell yeah.

Quote:
Old 05-16-2015, 12:25 PM   #328
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Anyone able to do a Wonder + Tradelocke with me? I'm a bit bored.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:04 AM   #329
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
So since this is a Nuzlocke thread and there doesn't seem to be any real restrictions on what you Nuzlocke I was thinking of doing a TPPE (Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced) Nuzlocke since that should be both fun and challenging (especially since in my grind them all run I actually ran into dick kicks!). I won't be nicknaming any of my puppets because I feel that's actually going to take away from the emotional impact. I think it'll sting a bit worse if Reisen dies rather than "shoddily nicknamed Reisen."

Da Rulez:
-Any puppet that faints is considered dead and must be released. Except Kaguya and Mokou since they are immortal obviously.
-I must catch only the first Pokemon of the Route. I won't be doing the doubles exception clause either.
-Black Out won't be considered a game over (yay for Continues!)
-The starter will be based off of the last digit of my ID number: 1-3 for Sanae, 4-6 for Alice, 7-9 for Reisen. If 0, go to the next digit.
-No potions or healing items
-If I don't have a puppet that can use an HM move required for me to advance, I can catch one but not use it for any other purposes

(I'll also be playing a normal run of Touhoumon Purple to keep my sanity.) Will keep you guys posted (and I might write something up along with it, not sure yet).
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 03:37 PM   #330
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
>Purple version

Good call.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:33 AM   #331
Heather
Naga's Voice

YWonderLocke.initiate();

...Five captures in and I know Viola's gonna be a roller coaster. I have a Zigzagoon, Ralts, Honedge, Rufflet and Xatu. Two came in at Level 1. One at Level 2. And two at level 37. No points for guessing which ones are which.

The Lord is testing me.

Quote:
Old 06-01-2015, 05:36 PM   #332
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Anyone able to donate me some eggs for a nEgglocke for AS?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:34 PM   #333
Heather
Naga's Voice

I might be able to later. I'll be sure to send some nice things! Like...you know, stuff that people like to see!

Quote:
Old 06-06-2015, 03:20 PM   #334
Heather
Naga's Voice

Okay, serious question incoming.

Kalos' Berry Plots.

Would this place count as a new area for a capture or would you say it's part of Route 7? I ask because I went to go check my Roseli tree when SUPWISE! A Spewpa jumps out of it! I had no idea that could happen, but now that it has, I need to know if it's legal to use (or Wonder Trade in this instance).

Quote:
Old 06-06-2015, 03:54 PM   #335
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
I'd allow it. The berry field encounter list differs from the Route 7 one.

The one problem being, of course, that it's a Spewpa.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:34 PM   #336
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakittenyfool View Post
I'd allow it. The berry field encounter list differs from the Route 7 one.

The one problem being, of course, that it's a Spewpa.
Its a Wonderlocke, so I got a decent Phanphy out of it instead. Now to return to getting this Sableye up to par AND starting off a new teammate, as my Rufflet kicked the bucket in Frost Cavern, no thanks to a Gurdurr. Anyone want to hop on and let me evolve my Feebas?

Quote:
Old 06-18-2015, 08:59 PM   #337
Heather
Naga's Voice

There is nothing more satisfying than getting through the battle that made a tremendous casualty in your last Pearl Nuzlocke casualty free. Maya and Dennis should not be taken lightly. But I just slaughtered them. And it felt GOOD.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2015, 04:19 PM   #338
Heather
Naga's Voice

So in the latest bout of my addiction to crack nuzlockes, I have begun a Wonderlocke of Alpha Sapphire. The team so far is as follows. Not that not all of them are listed under their actual u game names because Wonder Trade.

Creampuff, Swirlix Lv 19 Female(THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS I SWEAR)
Kankuro, Nincada Lv 12 Male
Robin, Chinchou Lv 5 Female
Overlady, Deino Lv 1 Female (most recent)
And the one I can't refer to by anything other than his given name because it's too funny:
Shady Water, Panpour Lv 6 Male

Gratuitous fanart of Shady Water will be greatly appreciated

Quote:
Old 07-23-2015, 12:03 AM   #339
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So I got a Nuzlocke going in Yellow. It's going pretty well. Here's how it's looking;

Current
Party
Ragweed the Venusaur (lv. 45)
Homer the Snorlax (lv. 45)
Sewage the Muk (lv. 45)
Angus the Tauros (lv. 45)
Hotwings the Moltres (lv. 50
Gene the Mewtwo (lv. 70

Boxed
Eugene the Krabby (lv. 27)
Comet the Ponyta (lv. 28)
Ruby the Tentacool (lv. 15)
Maggie the Oddish (lv. 26)
Chompy the Bellsprout (lv. 25)
Mortimer the Gastly (lv. 21)
Slate the Geodude (lv. 18)
Microwave the Magnemite (lv. 18)
Marge the Nidoran♀ (lv. 18)
Shovel the Diglett (lv. 21)
Pillow the Jigglypuff (lv. 7)
Houdini the Abra (lv. 7)
Lisa the Venonat (lv. 13)
Stratos the Spearow (lv. 9)

Deceased
Flutters the Metapod (Died to my rival's Eevee on Route 22- Tackle scored a crit)
Vlad the Zubat (Died to a Jr. Trainer's Mankey on Nugget Bridge- I underestimated its Karate Chop, even after remembering it would be a Normal move in this game)
Battery the Pikachu (Died to the Karate King's Hitmonchan in Saffron City- I didn't think Comet Punch would do as much as it did)
Itchy the Raticate (Died to a Juggler's Hypno in Fuchsia Gym- no crit, Psychic was just that damn powerful)
Ozone the Pidgeotto (Died to a Juggler's Drowzee in Fuchsia Gym- this one critted with Psychic)
Brainstorm the Doduo (Died to a wild Fearow on Route 18- critted with Peck while I was trying to train it up to replace Ozone. One level away from evolving, too.)
Needles the Nidoking (Died to Koga's Venomoth in Fuchsia Gym- I sent it in to use Rock Slide because Sunny had taken a lot of damage from Double-Edge... and I forgot his Venomoth knew Psychic, OK?)
Sunny the Ninetales (Died to Sabrina's Alakazam in Saffron Gym- she was doing so well, and then Psychic critted)
Hammer the Hitmonchan (Died to Giovanni's Persian in Viridian Gym- Persian's Double Team made Submission keep missing, and then Fury Swipes critted)
Remy the Hypno (Died to Giovanni's Nidoking in Viridian Gym- Psychic, to my surprise, did not OHKO. Earthquake, on the other hand...)
Jet the Aerodactyl (Died to Giovanni's Nidoking in Viridian Gym- I incorrectly assumed a single use of Bite would be sufficient to finish it off. And then came the Thunder attack.)
Kraken the Gyarados (Died to Lance's Dragonite at Indigo Plateau- Kraken's Ice Beam did not OHKO. Dragonite's Thunder did.)
Norbert the Charizard (Died to my rival's Alakazam at Indigo Plateau- Psychic critted.)

Missed
Mankey (Route 23- kept breaking out of Ultra Balls, so I tried to weaken it, but Kraken's Bite critted.)

Anyway, I have a number of custom rules in effect for this Nuzlocke. First, I am allowed to not count any encounters as a first encounter if I've already caught something in that evolution line. So if I already had a Rattata from Route 1, and my first encounter on Route 22 was a Rattata, I could run from it and it wouldn't count as my first encounter. Basically, no duplicates. It also applies to the dead- even now that my Raticate is dead, I would still be able to not count any Rattata or Raticate as a first encounter. Second, gift Pokémon do count as a first encounter. Battery counted for Pallet Town, meaning no fishing once I backtracked to Pallet to Surf to Cinnabar. The Magikarp from the salesman counted as my Route 4 first encounter, Bulbasaur counted for Cerulean City, Hitmonchan counted for Saffron City, Vulpix counted for Celadon (it was from the Game Corner- only way to get Vulpix in Yellow, by the way), and so forth. And obviously, fossil Pokémon count for where they are revived, as opposed to where the fossils are obtained, so I could've revived the Dome Fossil despite having caught a Zubat in Mt. Moon, and Aerodactyl doesn't count for Pewter City first encounter (not like it matters, though). Finally, the Safari Zone- a first encounter would not count as such if it fled. Of course, I didn't have to worry about that- my first encounter was legitimately a Tauros, which I legitimately caught on the first damn Safari Ball. I would say I'm hoping for a chance to use it just because who else can say they've caught a Tauros in a Yellow Nuzlocke, except I don't want any more deaths if I can help it.

So yeah, this Nuzlocke's had some pretty emotional moments. I had been counting on Flutters to sweep Brock once it became a Butterfree, but obviously that didn't happen. Instead, Needles was able to get the bulk of it done with Double Kick. There were some tense moments when Onix was using Bide and Bind, but no deaths. In the end, Battery was able to finish Onix off with Quick Attack. I'm not gonna lie, that was pretty damn cool. And Vlad- once that Zubat learned Bite, it was actually pretty useful. I was hoping it'd live to evolve into Golbat, learn Confuse Ray, be even more useful, but... well, that didn't pan out, obviously. And Battery... Oh, good lord. I mean, who plays Yellow and doesn't get attached to their Pikachu, y'know? I had sent Battery out against Hitmonchan because I was counting on the craptastic AI of the time to give me a little help. Agility, an elemental punch, an X Attack... basically would've welcomed anything but Comet Punch. That was the last of the deaths, though... at least, until I got to Fuchsia Gym. Oh, my Arceus, that was a bloodbath. First Juggler kills Itchy, second one kills Ozone. After Itchy was killed, I got Remy out of the PC, figuring a Psychic-type would serve me best in that Gym, and, well, overall in the game, really. Remember, this was Generation I, where the Psychic type reigned supreme. So of course the instant I use something other than Remy, it too died. I tried training up Brainstorm to replace Ozone, but it was killed by a wild Fearow. That one really stung- only death so far to happen against a wild Pokémon, and Brainstorm was one freaking level away from becoming a Dodrio! It'd just learned Drill Peck and everything! I still had Stratos in the PC, but I really didn't feel up to the task of training something from that low a level at that point, so I eventually settled on adding Sunny to the team instead. Proved extremely useful, too- OHKO'd Koga's first two Venonat with Flamethrower, and weakened the third one so much that it then KO'd itself with Double-Edge recoil. By the way, when it used Double-Edge, I was worried, I'm not gonna lie. But Sunny lived, and then... Venomoth. I didn't know it had Psychic, OK? I knew it had Leech Life and Toxic, but that was the extent of my knowledge as to his Venomoth's moveset. If I'd have known, I'd have brought Remy in right away instead of Needles. Instead, I had to watch my trusty Nidoking die in a single hit from Psychic, and then Remy handled the rest. I left the space blank in my party until I backtracked to Pallet (picking up the Old Amber along the way) and Surfed to Cinnabar. Revived the Old Amber, Jet the Aerodactyl was added to the team, and, well, here we are.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 07-25-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:26 AM   #340
Heather
Naga's Voice

So I was trying to grind a Vulpix to catch it up with the rest of the squad for the Elite 4 in my White 2 run. Then a Zebstrika got a crit Pursuit when I tried to switch it out (It was once again raining on Route 7). Dead. Frustrated by what had to be the 4th crit death this run and the second to a damn Zebstrika, I'm bum rushing the league now since my only teammate below level 60 now is my Lv 55 Klinklang, Clank. I'm facing Shauntal first. Wish me luck.

Quote:
Old 07-23-2015, 03:11 PM   #341
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Got through Silph Co. with no trouble, no deaths. Swung by the Power Plant and Seafoam Islands, where I caught Sewage the Muk and Eugene the Krabby, respectively. My Pokémon are reaching the level 40 mark. I intend to evolve Sunny as soon as she learns Fire Spin. Gonna tackle the Pokémon Mansion next.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:13 AM   #342
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Pokémon Mansion: No problem.

Cinnabar Gym: No problem.

Saffron Gym: RIP Sunny the Ninetales. She took out Abra and Kadabra quite easily, I mistakenly figured she could hold her own against Alakazam. Nope. Psychic critted. Instant kill. And I had just evolved her, too... Added Sewage the Muk to the team.

Viridian Gym: Oh, Arceus... RIP Hammer the Hitmonchan (crit Fury Swipes from Persian), Remy the Hypno (Nidoking's Earthquake), and Jet the Aerodactyl (Nidoking's Thunder). Added Norbert the Charmander, Angus the Tauros, and Homer the Snorlax to the team, training them up now before I head to Indigo Plateau.

EDIT:

Route 23: Tried to catch a Mankey, but it kept breaking out of Ultra Balls and wearing down my team. Tried to use Kraken's Bite to weaken it- crit. OHKO.

Victory Road: Hotwings the Moltres was sent to the PC. Took only three or four Max Repels, a single Ice Beam, and two Ultra Balls. Kraken used Ice Beam just once and Moltres was frozen. I kid you not. This is actually also how I caught Homer, for that matter. Oh, yeah- Homer, Angus, and Norbert are doing great. Norbert's now a Charizard- left him unevolved for a while so he could get Slash and Flamethrower sooner.

EDIT:

Everything went well at Indigo Plateau... until Lance's Dragonite. RIP Kraken the Gyarados... Tried to OHKO Dragonite with Ice Beam, but it held on and OHKO'd with Thunder. And then, battling my rival... RIP Norbert the Charizard. Alakazam's Psychic critted.

After I beat the game, I added Hotwings to my team and went to Cerulean Cave. Fortunately, all that appeared were Golbat and a single Weepinbell, allowing me to catch Mewtwo. Would've caught it anyway, though, for story purposes- used the Master Ball straightaway, as I don't have a very good track record against Psychic-types in this Nuzlocke. And with the catch of Gene the Mewtwo, NUZLOCKE COMPLETE.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 07-25-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #343
Heather
Naga's Voice

White 2 Nuzlocke complete. The Elite 4 was pushover thanks to my training for Ghetsis. Iris, however, turned Cheating Bastard Computer and killed Clank (Klinklang) with a DD'd EQ when I switched out Astrid (Haxorus) fearing a Dragon Claw or Outrage. Hazel (Gliscor) almost died to Hydreigon's Surf when she went in for an Ice Fang after Bulldozing Aggron to death. Nick Fury (Samurott) took care of that with how he took care of Ghetsis': MEGAHORN TO THE FACE. Tony Stark (Magnezone) took down Archeops like no one's business. Kaldur (Golduck) didn't have any distinguishing KOs but was certainly a help through the entire league.

The Fallen:
Skye(Raticate): Took a crit stomp from a Zebstrika, said Zebstrika was captured (Ronald).
Bruce(Swoobat): I forgot about Arcanine's affinity for ExtremeSpeed when in red health.
Terra(Sandslash): OHKO'd by crit Giga Drain from a Tangela.
Angelica(Camerupt): OHKO'd by crit EQ from Ghetsis' Drapion.
Shino(Leavanny): OHKO'd by Flamethrower from an Eelektross.
Kurama(Vulpix): Killed in training by a crit Pursuit on switching out by a Zebstrika (same place that Skye died).
Clank(Klinklang): Detailed above.

White 2 Nuzlocke Complete. If I can connect to Bank while on vacation, I'll restart AS and do a Scramble.

Quote:
Old 08-22-2015, 09:43 PM   #344
dirkac
uhhhhh

So I decided to do a Storm Silver Nuzlocke.

I got rolled a Chiko for Starter (<3) and...
Died against Bugsy.

I accidentally overlevelled and killed most other Pokémon, except a Zubat that died against Falkner and a Sentret that died against some random mook in the Sprout Tower.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 04:16 PM   #345
Heather
Naga's Voice

So. I've been wanting to play through Y, and I'm going to do it with the crackiest Nuzlocke idea yet. It's a combination of two rulesets. The first comes from the run Two Sides to Every Story, a Nuzlocke of Platinum by Nuzlocke Forum user Jimcloud. Day/Night is the basis of this ruleset. Your party of six is split into two-half day team, half night team, alignment determined by natures. Once you have 3 of one alignment, that's the max that can be in the party, a full party should be 3 Day, 3 Night. Diurnal Pokemon can be used freely during the day. They may be used at night, but after 3 uses, may not be used again until the night after has passed-meaning they lose a day cycle. Vice versa for nocturnal. Use, for these rules, is defined as being sent out in battle, learning a move from a tutor, or HM use. But there's another twist: You may not enter caves during the day. At night, the only buildings you may enter are gates and Pokemon Centers. You may be inside the Pokemon League at night, but you must enter during the day.

Of course, this is a fused ruleset. What am I mixing with this, you ask? What I love most: Wonderlocke.

Day/Night is determined by nature of Pokemon obtained from the trade. Gifts must be traded. If a Pokemon traded to me can be used in an ingame trade (i.e. Cyllage Steelix), that trade may be performed, provided that if it is possible to encounter a Pokemon in the city, it hasn't happened, and that no Pokemon encountered in that area can be caught.

Encounter rules begin with the obtaining of Poke Balls. The starter must be traded once another Pokemon has been obtained that can survive combat (but is inside the obedience threshold) and is dirunal. The starter is then traded once, no redos, unless it is the same species as the one just obtained (or of its line).

So yes. True Insanity.

Quote:

Last edited by Heather; 12-13-2015 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:36 PM   #346
Heather
Naga's Voice

Status update on the above stuff!

Day Squad (currently in active team, more mons in rotation):
Desirée, Skarmory, LV 51
Naga, Gyarados, LV 43
Madjick, Alakazam, LV 44
Night Squad (again, currently equipped):
Sir Xavier, Gallade, LV 38
Kazushi, Crobat, LV 39
Orton, Venusar (Mega), LV 36

Badges: 4
Deaths: 1 (Amanda, Drilbur, killed in training by a CRIT Wing attack from a Hawlucha (failed to escape))

Desirée was actually the first thing I received, followed immediately by obligatory Zigzagoon, then Kaz, then Amanda. Desi's typing is just so useful that she sees a lot of use-Steel-Flying is great defensively in Kalos, and thus it makes for safe switch ins a lot. She did have a near-death in the Chateau from the Grant rematch (CRIT stone edge), but pulled through okay.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2016, 06:49 AM   #347
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Charizard FR Nuzlocke!

Chiko's FireRed Nuzlocke!

Started up Pokemon FireRed for a nuzlocke run, named myself Chiko and my rival after one of my friends and was shortly after sent into the Pokemon world. As I awoke there, I took a potion out of my laptop and ran down stairs then out the door into the great outdoors. I tried leaving Pallet without a Pokemon only to be stopped by the illustrious Prof. Oak who shortly after gave me a Bulbasaur who I named Rifu as I do with all Grass-type starters. After running an errand I got the Pokedex and 5 Poke Balls to catch some wild Pokemon with, yay! Route 1 gifted me with a Bashful female Pidgey who I named Mega and Route 22 awarded me with a Relaxed female Mankey who I named Pigface. I trained Rifu, Mega and Pigface to Lv.10 before taking on Gary on Route 22, his Pidgey and Charmander were rendered useless to Mega who reached Lv.11 that battle. Afterwards I saved the game and called it a day, little bit at a time.

Team:
Rifu Lv.10
Mega Lv.11
Pigface Lv.10
Old 01-20-2016, 11:32 PM   #348
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, I figured it was high time I got back into Nuzlockes, the one I did in Yellow seeming so long ago. So, started up a new one, this time on Blue Version. I follow my usual Nuzlocke rules with this;

1: The usual- only catch the first thing in each area, fainting=death, must nickname all the things, you get the gist of it.

2: Dupes clause- for the sake of variety, I can disregard something as a first encounter if I already have it or something in that evolutionary line, dead or alive. Once I encounter something where I don't have anything in that line, though, that counts as the first encounter, no matter what.

3: Safari Zone leniency clause- If my first encounter in the Safari Zone flees, it doesn't count as my first encounter. If I'm the one who runs from something not covered by dupes clause, however, then I've screwed myself out of a Safari Zone catch.

4: Gifts clause- gift Pokémon count as first encounters. For instance, I can't fish for a first encounter in Pallet Town because the starter means that ship has sailed. Likewise, if I buy a Pokémon in the Game Corner or go for Eevee, I can't fish anything up in Celadon's little pond. This also applies to overworld Pokémon like Snorlax. And the legendaries, should I be fool enough to go for any of them.

5: Uncatchable clause- any encounter with a wild Pokémon in which I cannot possibly catch it does not count as the first encounter. And I'm not talking where it's just so hard to catch something that it wipes out my team first- no, I'm talking unidentifiable ghosts, and anything encountered before being able to obtain Poké Balls. In other words, I can still catch something on Route 1 despite being almost guaranteed to find stuff there before getting the Pokédex.

As usual, Oak dragged me to his lab, where Manchin the Bulbasaur joined the team. After kicking my rival's ass and spitting in the face of type matchups, headed off to Viridian City. Along the way, Manchin learned Leech Seed as a result of defeating the local wild Pokémon. Got Oak's Parcel (plus a few Potions), delivered Oak's Parcel. Back to Viridian, bought Poké Balls (plus an Antidote, just in case), and headed back down to Route 1. There, Cheddar the Rattata joined the team.

Trained Cheddar up a little bit, until he was closer to Manchin's level. At this point, I headed to Route 22. I knew a rival battle awaited me there, but not just yet. Instead, this was where Marge the Nidoran♀ joined the team. Marge proved a little tougher to level up than Cheddar, initially, but I trained her up as well to catch up with the others. After that, it was onward to Route 2, where Stratos the Pidgey joined the team. And he put up one hell of a fight, too, got some seriously good luck with Sand Attack. I was legitimately concerned that I might lose someone already, but nope. Stratos didn't need much training to catch up, though- level 5 already. And then I went on into Viridian Forest, whereupon Dusty the Metapod joined the team. Yeah, I could tell this one was gonna be a challenge.

So yeah, right now I'm training up the team a bit to get ready to face my rival on Route 22. Will keep you all posted.

EDIT: After a lot of switching out, Dusty evolved into Butterfree! Only problem being, this is Blue Version, so he's still stuck with just Harden until he hits level 12.

EDIT II: And took out my rival! Took a lot of switching and a little luck with Stratos's Sand Attack, but in the end, no fatalities. Onward to the Bug Catchers of Viridian Forest!

EDIT III: Dusty learned Confusion! Even if Manchin doesn't learn Vine Whip (which won't be the case), Brock is screwed...

EDIT IV: I have gotten me a Boulder Badge! Between Dusty's Confusion and Manchin's Vine Whip, it was a piece of cake. I then proceeded onward to Route 3, whereupon Ozone the Spearow joined the team... only to be boxed. Don't need two Normal/Flying-types on hand at the moment. I'd rather have Ozone as backup just in case, Mew forbid, something should happen to Stratos. Meanwhile, after depositing Ozone, since the Pokémon Center counts as part of Route 4, well... Maelstrom the Magikarp joined the team. Finally, I ventured into Mt. Moon, and to the surprise of pretty much nobody, Bloodbank the Zubat joined the team. Or rather, went into the PC as a reserve. Gonna try and train Maelstrom up somewhat before heading on to Mt. Moon, but that may just wait until the morning.

Current
Party
Maelstrom the Magikarp (lv. 5)
Dusty the Butterfree (lv. 13)
Cheddar the Rattata (lv. 13)
Marge the Nidoran♀ (lv. 13)
Stratos the Pidgey (lv. 12)
Manchin the Bulbasaur (lv. 13)

Boxed
Ozone the Spearow (lv. 8 )
Bloodbank the Zubat (lv. 8 )

Deceased
None

Missed
None

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-21-2016 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:48 AM   #349
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, back at it again! Leveling up Maelstrom has been about as easy as you'd expect it to be, but nevertheless, he finally learned Tackle. And then, after that same battle, Manchin evolved into an Ivysaur! Things are looking up for the team, which is good, because I'm about to battle that Rocket- the one in Mt. Moon with the... *gulp* Level 16 Raticate. That thing has one hell of a body count racked up, as I understand it, and I hope nothing on my team adds to said body count. Well, wish me luck...

EDIT: Phew. It was close, but I made it past that thing with no fatalities. Took the combined efforts of Marge's Growl, Stratos's Sand Attack, and Dusty's Harden, Poison Powder, and Confusion. And even then, it came close. Stratos is lucky to be alive. Made it out of Mt. Moon with no problems (picked the Dome Fossil because Kabutops is awesome). Gonna train up a bit on Route 4 before taking on my Rival. No catch on that route since I bought Maelstrom- remember, the Magikarp salesman counts as being on Route 4.

EDIT II: Marge has evolved into Nidorina! I do have a couple of Moon Stones on hand, but I'm gonna hold off on using one just yet- don't need to be tacking on an unnecessary weakness to Water just before taking on that Starmie, y'know? Anyway, things are going well, so I think I'll tackle my rival right about now. Oh, yeah- taught Marge Water Gun. I figure by the time Maelstrom evolves I'll have a TM for Bubble Beam anyway, so yeah.

EDIT III: Marge is bulky as all hell! Even so, love that the rival has an Abra in this battle- free exp. for Maelstrom, and a perfect opportunity to administer a much-needed Potion to Marge- she still had plenty of HP left, but I needed her at her best to take on Charmander, even with Water Gun in her arsenal. So yeah, won the fight without incident, and now onward to Nugget Bridge!

EDIT IV: Got me my Nugget, turned down an offer to join Team Rocket, and Chompy the Bellsprout has joined the team. Well, gone to the PC, anyway. And then, on Route 25, thanks to Dusty's Sleep Powder, Houdini the Abra joined the team...'s reserves in the PC. Currently fighting my way to Bill's house.

EDIT V: Alright, so, go the S.S. Ticket, scored incomplete Pokédex entries for Eevee and the Eeveelutions, and, oh, yes- Stratos evolved into Pidgeotto. Just gonna take out that Rocket who gives Dig, and then it's on to Cerulean Gym.

EDIT VI: Well, Cheddar now knows Dig, and I'm up to two badges. Still no fatalities, either! Can't help but feel I'm pushing my luck, no fatalities at two badges, but in any case, things are going pretty well thus far. Now that we're past the Starmie menace, evolved Marge into Nidoqueen just in time for the Electric Gym. Also got TM11 all ready to go once Maelstrom hits level 20. Actually, now that I'm typing this... I do have two Rare Candies, and Maelstrom is level 18... Heh, heh, heh...

EDIT VII: Scratchy the Meowth has been sent to the PC. I also made it to Vermilion City with no trouble, though Dusty had a very close call against a Raticate. That Hyper Fang had critted, leaving him with but 5 HP left, so naturally I switched him out for Marge, whose evolution has made her even bulkier than before.

EDIT VIII: SteakKnife the Sandshrew has been sent to the PC. And afterwards, I started training up against the Trainers on Route 11, during which Cheddar evolved into Raticate! After the Trainers were dealt with, I ventured into Diglett's Cave, where- surprise, surprise- Blinky the Diglett was sent to the PC. Now headed for the S.S. Anne.

Current
Party
Maelstrom the Gyarados (lv. 20)
Dusty the Butterfree (lv. 20)
Cheddar the Raticate (lv. 20)
Marge the Nidoqueen (lv. 21)
Stratos the Pidgeotto (lv. 21)
Manchin the Ivysaur (lv. 21)

Boxed
Chompy the Bellsprout (lv. 12)
Houdini the Abra (lv. 12)
Scratchy the Meowth (lv. 10)
Steakknife the Sandshrew (lv. 14)
Blinky the Diglett (lv. 21)

Deceased
None

Missed
None

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-21-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:29 PM   #350
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, S.S. Anne was a piece of cake, after which Cheddar single-handedly destroyed Surge's team. Gotta love how strong Dig is in Generation I, right? Anyway, after that, went back up to Cerulean, swapped the Bike Voucher for a Bicycle, and started off towards Rock Tunnel. I hate that place... I can navigate it just fine without Flash, but still. On the upside, though, Marge learned Body Slam, and I still got the TM for that move to use whenever I deem necessary. I also have the TM for Thunderbolt, gonna use that probably on Maelstrom. Also, Grenade the Voltorb was sent to the PC. Alright, I'm gonna hold off on using the Thunderbolt TM, at least for the time being- I hope nothing does happen to make it necessary, but should I need to add Grenade to the team, I'd like to be able to teach it an Electric move. Gonna head on into Rock Tunnel next.

EDIT: Whoopsie. First encounter in there was a Geodude. Tried wearing it down with Marge, but a Body Slam that should have put Geodude into the red critted. That aside, though, the rest of the journey through Rock Tunnel went smoothly. Derped at one point, leaving Dusty out to battle some Onix, but they didn't go for Rock Throw. Just got to Lavender Town, so I'm thinking I may get me some nice TMs soon. And finally teach Stratos a Flying move, for that matter.

EDIT II: Sunny the Vulpix and Cosmo the Clefairy have been sent to the PC. The former was caught en route to Celadon, the latter bought in Celadon's Game Corner. And then, while going to get HM02, Brainstorm the Doduo was sent to the PC. And Stratos now knows Fly. Gonna get the TMs from the girl on the department store's rooftop, bribe the Saffron guards with some Fresh Water, and then take a little break.

EDIT III: Well, TMs used, Trainers fought, and Team Rocket's Celadon hideout cleared the hell out. Giovanni's Kangaskhan was just an embarrassment to Team Rocket- its opening move was Rage. I had Manchin use Leech Seed and Poison Powder, then brought in Dusty and spammed Harden. Kangaskhan fell without me using a single attacking move against it. Beautiful! So yeah, next up is Celadon Gym, and then maybe I'll take out the Black Belts at the Fighting Dojo.

EDIT IV: And that's now half the badges of Kanto under my belt. For those of you who just use Butterfree at the beginning of the game and then ditch it for something better, now hear this- Dusty, the Butterfree I am using in a Nuzlocke, which I raised from an underleveled Viridian Forest Metapod and thus was saddled with only Harden until level 12, single-handedly demolished Erika's team. Yeah. So I thought it only fitting I teach him Mega Drain. I'd have taught it to Manchin, but the guy is, if memory serves, one measly level away from the superior Razor Leaf. I think it's time I put the fear of Mew into the fellows over at the Fighting Dojo now.

EDIT V: And just like that, Chuck the Hitmonlee has been sent to the PC. Thankfully, unlike my Yellow Nuzlocke, I did not lose my starter here. Now it's on to Pokémon Tower.

EDIT VI: So, Maelstrom took out my rival's team by himself. I ended up teaching him Thunderbolt, by the way. Also, Battery the Gastly has been sent to the PC- named for my late starter Pikachu from my Yellow Nuzlocke. Fought my way through Pokémon Tower. Lots of close calls when I tried leveling Manchin up, but ultimately, he made it through unscathed and also as a Venusaur. Got to the top with no problems, Maelstrom's Bubble Beam put Marowak to rest, got the Poké Flute from Mr. Fuji, and later on, I'm gonna try and catch me a Snorlax on Route 12. And then it's off to Fuchsia City!

EDIT VII: I just love Generation I's freeze mechanics. Homer the Snorlax has been sent to the PC. Then I got the Super Rod, which meant a bit of backtracking. Unfortunately, the Tentacool I fished up in Viridian City, well, I underestimated just how hard Stratos's Swift would hit it. Over on Route 23, on the other hand, Drake the Seadra was sent to the PC. Then I tried my luck in Cerulean Gym, but during the fight, I tried to put it back to sleep, but I accidentally selected Psychic instead of Sleep Powder. On a level 30 Butterfree, against a level 15 Psyduck. Yeah. Viridian City, however, that was a whole other swarm of Yanma right there- Sheldon the Shellder was sent to the PC. After that, I continued en route to Fuchsia City, whereupon Lisa the Venonat and Jello the Ditto were sent to the PC. Also, holy crap Fearow Mirror Moving Marge's Bide and then surviving Rock Slide I thought she was dead for a minute holy crap. Worked out fine, though- Marge was able to KO with another Rock Slide, Fearow never got the chance to unleash energy. Anyway, made it to Fuchsia City, so naturally, I made a Beedrillline to the Safari Zone where, I shit you not, Omelet the Chansey was sent to the PC. And I thought catching a Tauros in my Yellow Nuzlocke was lucky! Anyway, got the warden's extravagant dentures and the HM03, swapped aforementioned teeth for HM04, and used both on Maelstrom. And then, realizing I lacked a Fuschia City first encounter, sought to rectify that- as a result, Nemo the Goldeen was sent to the PC.

EDIT VIII: ...It was bound to happen sooner or later. Ladies and gentlemen, after an astonishing four badges into this Nuzlocke, we have our first death. RIP Stratos the Pidgeotto. What happened was, I was fighting this Bird Keeper on Route 18. Stratos used Swift. Fearow survived. Fearow used Mirror Move, copying Swift, landing a critical hit, and the last blow the Pidgeotto ever took in life. You shall be missed, Stratos... This prompted me to withdraw Brainstorm from the PC. What is it with my Nuzlockes and Pidgey never surviving past the Pidgeotto stage? Anyway, I taught Brainstorm Tri Attack and Fly, and I've started training them up. Very, very carefully- remember the disaster last time I tried using a Doduo in a Nuzlocke? Only one to be killed in a wild battle, that was horrible...

Current
Party
Brainstorm the Doduo (lv. 20)
Maelstrom the Gyarados (lv. 32)
Dusty the Butterfree (lv. 33)
Cheddar the Raticate (lv. 33)
Marge the Nidoqueen (lv. 33)
Manchin the Venusaur (lv. 33)

Boxed
Chompy the Bellsprout (lv. 12)
Houdini the Abra (lv. 12)
Scratchy the Meowth (lv. 10)
Steakknife the Sandshrew (lv. 14)
Blinky the Diglett (lv. 21)
Grenade the Voltorb (lv. 16)
Sunny the Vulpix (lv. 17)
Cosmo the Clefairy (lv. 12)
Chuck the Hitmonlee (lv. 30)
Battery the Gastly (lv. 21)
Homer the Snorlax (lv. 30)
Drake the Seadra (lv. 23)
Sheldon the Shellder (lv. 15)
Lisa the Venonat (lv. 24)
Jello the Ditto (lv. 26)
Omelet the Chansey (lv. 26)
Nemo the Goldeen (lv. 15)

Deceased
Stratos the Pidgeotto (Died to a Bird Keeper's Fearow on Route 18- Mirror Move copied Swift and critted)

Missed
Geodude (Rock Tunnel- was wearing it down with Marge's Body Slam, and one of them critted)
Tentacool (Viridian City- underestimated how strong Stratos's Swift attack was)
Psyduck (Cerulean City- accidentally had Dusty use Psychic instead of Sleep Powder)

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-21-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON