UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 10-26-2014, 10:03 AM   #51
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoyes View Post
Woo, caught myself a Honedge! It's my first capture as well! I'll make a post soon to pick it up, but I must say, it took a fair bit of time to get this far.
Didn't want this post to get lost in the deep belly of the TO, so I'll cross-reply here and say: hey, congratulations! Honedge is sure to be an interesting RP partner for any trainer, but I think it will prove especially fascinating to Alex for its similarities to and differences from Pokémon like Magnemite and Beldum.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:10 PM   #52
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Double post, but: congratulations on your new Eevee, Swampertforever!
Old 10-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #53
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Oh my goodness, my first capture! I don't know what to say...
And I still haven't decided what to name him!

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #54
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Ehehe, an Eevee as your first capture? Now that's gotta go down in history!

>Only realizes after the updates that I left my signature in
orz
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:50 PM   #55
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
>Only realizes after the updates that I left my signature in
orz
I believe that sigs are allowed in zones unless otherwise specified. In fact, I feel like the general rule is that you're supposed to include it, that those of us who have forgotten it (by force of habit in de-sigging our posts in Fizzy Bubbles) are the ones who have "messed up." If your updator specified "No sigs! " then okay, but otherwise I think you should be fine if your Friend Safari posts contain your signature.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #56
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Oh. I guess I was wrong, then? It was my assumption that that's why I was skipped. XFD

Either way, I've editted my sig out now, just incase.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #57
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Speaking from a strictly personal perspective, I prefer that updatees leave their sig on because it's usually an easy way to access their FB profile without forcing them to leave a specific link in the RP post. I don't remember ever reading a rule about sigs being disallowed in Zones and I was never skipped for leaving mine on, for what it's worth.

As for actual Friend Safari discussion, congrats to everyone who already caught their Kalos Pokemon, but especially to those that got their first capture in the process! Particularly glad for gmoyes since we all know how insanely long it took for him to get his, and props to you for persevering until you did. ^^
Old 10-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #58
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
>Kin

I'd message Stark if I were you, might be he just skipped you.

Congrats to gmoyes and Swampy too, nice going guys.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:06 PM   #59
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Kinindra I just missed you when I was writing those. That was my fault. Sorry about that. I'll get an update up for you tonight.

As for sigs, I prefer that there is something with a link to FB profiles at the end of all posts. If that is a sig, that is good. If it is just a separate link that is good too.
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #60
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
Not just from Gen VI, Talonflame quickly became one of my top favourite Pokemon so it's fair to say I'm really, really happy everything worked out the way it did (talk about luck!). Thanks Stark! ^^
That's great. With little control over what creatures you'll discover in zone and event adventures, it's always wonderful when you can combine the emotional power of an RPed capture with the team-building satisfaction of a personal favorite. Here's to hoping you and Fletchling will have lots of fun in 2015!

And congratulations to you, Lady Pest, on your capture as well! Tyrunt is one of those fossil Pokémon that children have been dreaming about since the days of Red and Blue. To think that you've happened upon your very own baby Tyrannosaurus rex ... it's like you've wandered into Dinotopia! I can't even imagine how I would RP with a T-rex. (I don't know that I even could with my current character!) It should definitely prove an interesting experience for you, no matter which direction you choose to take it in.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:13 PM   #61
Pest
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
And congratulations to you, Lady Pest, on your capture as well! Tyrunt is one of those fossil Pokémon that children have been dreaming about since the days of Red and Blue. To think that you've happened upon your very own baby Tyrannosaurus rex ... it's like you've wandered into Dinotopia! I can't even imagine how I would RP with a T-rex. (I don't know that I even could with my current character!) It should definitely prove an interesting experience for you, no matter which direction you choose to take it in.
Thanks! Tyrunt is one of my favorite fossils, so I'm super excited about this.
Pest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #62
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
I can't wait to meet those Tyrunt and Amaura IC, they'd probably have a lot of fun with Hyrem! XD

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #63
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Sorry for the double post, but I figured there's a lot of captures that should be added to Talon's list as well as the last couple of holes left from Skiddo and Noibat. Here are the final versions of the first two lists, as well as the list of captures, in all their glory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
The latest lists. If I'm missing any captures, let me know.

By Creature:
No.650 - Chespin - Angelique's
No.653 - Fennekin - Manon's
No.656 - Froakie - Remy's
No.659 - Bunnelby - Wyatt's
No.661 - Fletchling - Chantelle's
No.664 - Scatterbug - Angelique's
No.667 - Litleo - Yvette's
No.669 - Flabébé - Chantelle's
No.672 - Skiddo - Manon's
No.674 - Pancham - Chantelle's
No.676 - Furfrou - Manon's
No.677 - Espurr - Yvette's
No.679 - Honedge - Remy's
No.682 - Spritzee - Remy's
No.684 - Swirlix - Angelique's
No.686 - Inkay - Byron's
No.688 - Binacle - Yvette's
No.690 - Skrelp - Angelique's
No.692 - Clauncher - Wyatt's
No.694 - Helioptile - Jean's
No.696 - Tyrunt - Wyatt's
No.698 - Amaura - Chantelle's
No.700 - Sylveon - Byron's
No.701 - Hawlucha - Byron's
No.702 - Dedenne - Yvette's
No.703 - Carbink - Jean's
No.704 - Goomy - Byron's
No.707 - Klefki - Remy's
No.708 - Phantump - Jean's
No.710 - Pumpkaboo - Wyatt's
No.712 - Bergmite - Manon's
No.714 - Noibat - Jean's

By Friend Safari:
Angelique: Chespin, Scatterbug, Swirlix, Skrelp
Manon: Fennekin, Furfrou, Bergmite, Skiddo
Chantelle: Fletchling, Pancham, Flabébé, Amaura
Remy: Froakie, Honedge, Spritzee, Klefki
Wyatt: Bunnelby, Clauncher, Tyrunt, Pumpkaboo
Yvette: Litleo, Espurr, Binacle, Dedenne
Byron: Inkay, Sylveon (Eevee), Hawlucha, Goomy
Jean: Helioptile, Carbink, Phantump, Noibat

Captures By Trainer:
uhhhhh: Klefki
Electric Blue Eye: Scatterbug
Missingno. Master: Froakie
DaveTheFishGuy: Goomy
Shadowshocker: Binacle
Quilavaflare: Espurr
Ex-Admiral Insane: Swirlix
Escalion: Goomy
BlazeVA: Binacle
gmoyes: Honedge
swampertforever: Eevee
Pest: Tyrunt
MarbleZone: Fletchling
Arc_Angel: Honedge
empoleon dynamite: Skrelp
So 15 people are done with their adventures so far. Arc is running out of people to update in her group (I think she has Tess, Fishyfool, and maybe Alli?), Stark has 7 people left, and Tess... well, she'll start to get people through adventures at some point, right? ^^;

By actual zones...

Chantelle's Zone: Only MZ is finished with his adventure, and the only other person that looks closest to finishing at this point is SBD.

Remy's Zone: Everyone but me is done- am I seriously the only person left in my zone that hasn't finished? I feel so alone... ;_;

Wyatt's Zone: Pest is done, and JJ doesn't look to be too far behind. Don't know how far Schala is though.

Angelique's Zone: It's only Fishyfool and Allishinca left to finish this zone. Fishy just replied, and he looks really close to finishing. I don't know how far along Alli is.

Byron's Zone: Just Tess left to finish off this zone, I think she's at the point where she found the Pokemon she wants out of her zone (Goomy), and all she needs to do is figure out how to capture it.

Yvette's Zone: Everybody's done here, and there were two Binacle and an Espurr caught in this zone! Too bad no one went for a Litleo or a Dedenne, so those firsts in FB will still be up for grabs once Gen 6 is implemented.

Jean's Zone: It looks like everybody is 2-3 updates into their adventures, and almost everyone seems to have settled on the Pokemon they want.

Manon's Zone: Same story with Jean's zone, they're all at the same kind of position, and only one person is still looking for their Pokemon to catch.

So yeah, that's what it looks like now, and overall the Friend Safari looks to be about halfway done, so let's keep on trekking through this, everyone!

Old 12-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #64
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Oooh that's a cool list ^^ Thanks for taking your time noting all that!

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:56 PM   #65
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

So here's another update on the Pokemon captured!

Captures By Trainer:
uhhhhh: Klefki
Electric Blue Eye: Scatterbug
Missingno. Master: Froakie
DaveTheFishGuy: Goomy
Shadowshocker: Binacle
Quilavaflare: Espurr
Ex-Admiral Insane: Swirlix
Escalion: Goomy
BlazeVA: Binacle
gmoyes: Honedge
swampertforever: Eevee
Pest: Tyrunt
MarbleZone: Fletchling
Arc_Angel: Honedge
empoleon dynamite: Skrelp
Gemini Spark: Froakie
seakittenyfool: Skrelp

By actual zones...

Chantelle's Zone: Only MZ is finished with his adventure, and the only other person that looks closest to finishing at this point is SBD.

Remy's Zone: I was the last person in this zone to finish, but this zone is all done! The only Pokemon in this zone that wasn't captured was Spritzee, so nobody owns a parfum birb yet. But hey, two Froakie, two Honedge, and a Klefki, not a bad haul out of this zone! (though tbh I figured Klefki would be the odd one out XP)

Wyatt's Zone: Pest is done, and JJ doesn't look to be too far behind. Schala looks to be a little farther behind than JJ, but she might still be able to finish.

Angelique's Zone: Once Fishyfool replies to claim his capture, this zone should actually be all clear; Alli unfortunately never replied to her first update, so I think she's disqualified now.

Byron's Zone: Just Tess left to finish off this zone, I think she's at the point where she found the Pokemon she wants out of her zone (Goomy), and all she needs to do is figure out how to capture it.

Yvette's Zone: Everybody's done here, and there were two Binacle and an Espurr caught in this zone! Too bad no one went for a Litleo or a Dedenne, so those firsts in FB will still be up for grabs once Gen 6 is implemented.

Jean's Zone: It looks like everybody is 2-3 updates into their adventures, and almost everyone seems to have settled on the Pokemon they want.

Manon's Zone: Same story with Jean's zone, they're all at the same kind of position, and only one person is still looking for their Pokemon to catch.

Arc may actually be done with updating her group unless Tess still wants to continue adventuring, she's the only one Arc would need to worry about now. Hopefully, Stark will be updating his group again soon as well, he looks pretty close to finishing off some more adventures. Also, once Tess finishes her next update, that should finish off some more adventures, and we'll finally see some captures come out of her group! It's looking closer and closer now...

Old 12-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #66
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
Remy's Zone: I was the last person in this zone to finish, but this zone is all done! The only Pokemon in this zone that wasn't captured was Spritzee, so nobody owns a parfum birb yet. But hey, two Froakie, two Honedge, and a Klefki, not a bad haul out of this zone! (though tbh I figured Klefki would be the odd one out XP)

I'm actually not surprised that Spritzee is the odd one out of Remy's. Klefki has a special place for some, while I never saw any love towards Spritzee, including myself that... I dunno, it never really caught on in my mind.

I'm kinda sad there wasn't a Litleo and Dedenne taken though. Then again Dedenne is the Pikachu clone and for some reason people dislike those by default... While I think Litleo was just a question not being a favorite of those that went with Yvette.

Anyhow, I can't wait to see how things will turn out for the other zones! ^^

Old 12-22-2014, 02:51 AM   #67
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
I'm kinda sad there wasn't a Litleo and Dedenne taken though. Then again Dedenne is the Pikachu clone and for some reason people dislike those by default... While I think Litleo was just a question not being a favorite of those that went with Yvette.
I would of had a very difficult time trying to decide which one to catch had I ended up in that zone, aside from Biancle...I would of really enjoyed a Dedenne, Espurr, especially a Litleo! Aww well~ they could've easily been in my zone.
sweetbbydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #68
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

On that subject, here's what I'd have gone for had I ended up in any other zone;

Angelique: Chespin and Swirlix would have been highly tempting, especially the former as Keith's already expressed an interest in catching one in free RP, but Skrelp trumps all of that.

Manon: Tough call, but I think I'd have gone with Furfrou. Especially if my updator took advantage of my weakness for cute puppies.

Chantelle: I'd have gone for Pancham, because I think the whole evolution line has some decent RP potential.

Wyatt: I want to say either Pumpkaboo or Bunnelby.

Yvette: Much as I do like Litleo and Dedenne, my priority with this zone would have been a female Espurr. And if the Espurr I got was male, I'd have gone for Binacle instead. I'm not sure what I'd have done if I was in this zone and my fourth encounter was a male Espurr, though...

Byron: Tough call. I like Inkay and Goomy, but I might have also gone for an Eevee to evolve into Flareon...

Jean: Probably Noibat.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #69
Emp
Volcano Badge

I've done the same as well as ordering it from most desired to least desired. I don't think I would have really wanted any Pokémon from Remy, Manon, Chantelle or Yvette's Friend Safari's. So even though I missed out on my favourites, I'm really happy with Skrelp.

Jean: Helioptile
Wyatt: Clauncher
Byron: Inkay
Angelique: Skrelp
Remy: Froakie
Manon: Bergmite
Chantelle: Pancham
Yvette: Binacle

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #70
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Yeah, if Remy didn't have the name he did, I might've picked a different zone, the fact that Remy was what I named my trainer made his zone too good to pass up. Though if I picked a different zone, here's what I would've gone for:

Angelique: This would've been a tough zone for me because there wouldn't have been any Pokemon I really wanted out of it, but if I had to pick I'd go for a Scatterbug.

Manon: No contest, fire mage foxy for me.

Chantelle: Definitely Amaura, would've been my first fossil Pokemon, plus it's an Ice-type sauropod, and CUTENESS.

Wyatt: Tyrunt for me too, we need more T-rexes out there, plus I could've make references to Vi (Combusken) being descended from Tyrantrum. lol

Yvette: Litleo, especially if it was female, though I would've been okay with either gender.

Byron: Eevee would've been nice, but I have enough Eevee as it is, so I would've gone for Goomy instead.

Jean: Dragon bat? WHERE? LEMME HAVE IT.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #71
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbbydoll View Post
I would of had a very difficult time trying to decide which one to catch had I ended up in that zone, aside from Biancle...I would of really enjoyed a Dedenne, Espurr, especially a Litleo! Aww well~ they could've easily been in my zone.
Awww ok Well hopefully you'll get the chance to catch one in a zone, after they're fully introduced in the zones and Egg House!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
On that subject, here's what I'd have gone for had I ended up in any other zone;
Oooooh, that's a good subject of discussion! ^^

Angelique: Hmmm, I would debate between Scatterbug and Chespin... But I think I would've gone with Scatterbug as I just love Vivillon's "pixelated" wings. It would also bring up the question of how FB would handle the different colors of its wings, too!

Byron: Erf, that's a tough one. Hawlucha's out of the question (sorry man, already have enough of one wrestling-based bird in my team!) but it's the other three... I guess Eevee is the weakest link as I am already pretty well covered in the Eeveolutions. So it's between Goomy and Inkay... Well in a way Inkay wins by default from being part Psychic type (and Dark type, which used to be also another type I used/wanted to collect) but gah, poor Goomy... I still do not have a dragon type in my team as I am VERY picky about them, liking only a few... including Goomy ;-;

Chantelle: Amaura, hands down. I don't have any interests in the others ^^;

Jean: Another tough one, but kinda on the opposite as Byron: It's because none of them really interests me ^^; I would guess Carbink, because it's the most adorable :3

Manon: Well that's the one I'm in and I think it is obvious which one I chose :P If it wasn't for Fennekin though, I would've gone with Furfrou. Cutie dog is cutie, and I just love that French pun.

Remy: Tough call between Froakie and Honedge, but I gotta go with a freakin' ninja frog over a sword. So go Froakie!

Yvette: Espurr, no questions asked. Cat + Psychic = Awesomeness.

Wyatt: I'm between Tyrunt and Pumpkaboo on this one. I got a thing for t-rexes in terms of dinosaurs, while Pumpkaboo is just plain adorable. But seeing how I'm not quite a fan of Pumpkaboo's evolution while Tyrunt's is awesome, Tyrunt wins.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:17 PM   #72
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
It would also bring up the question of how FB would handle the different colors of its wings, too!
It seems that the Vivillon pattern is decided by the updator upon the Scatterbug being caught- look at the post where EBE caught his Scatterbug, it's going to become an Icy Snow Pattern Vivillon. I'd assume the same would hold true for any Scatterbug hatched- the Egg House owner would determine the pattern it'd have as a Vivillon upon the Scatterbug hatching.

That said, I gotta wonder- would there be homeboard-exclusive patterns?
Old 12-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #73
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
It seems that the Vivillon pattern is decided by the updator upon the Scatterbug being caught- look at the post where EBE caught his Scatterbug, it's going to become an Icy Snow Pattern Vivillon. I'd assume the same would hold true for any Scatterbug hatched- the Egg House owner would determine the pattern it'd have as a Vivillon upon the Scatterbug hatching.
Oh derp, I didn't notice that.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:24 PM   #74
Emp
Volcano Badge

I'd love it if Vivillon had a different pattern depending on which zone it's caught in. So it would have the ocean pattern if caught in Whale Island or the sandstorm pattern if caught in Talas.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #75
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Oh, go on then:

Angelique: Skrelp. Dragalge is awesome and Skrelp's already on my want list, plus it'd be another fish for Dave.

Manon: Bergmite. Avalugg is one of the few Ice-types I really want in FB (not that there are many Ices to start with).

Chantelle: Either Pancham or Amaura. I like both, but would probably have gone for Amaura because of how impossible it is to get Fossils otherwise.

Remy: Froakieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Wyatt: Tyrunt, partly because awesome and partly because of Fossil ridiculousness.

Yvette: Ehhhh, either Binacle or Espurr, but the Espurr would've had to be male (so dapper).

Jean: Probably Phantump.

But Goomy was probably my number 1 Gen VI want so I'm glad I got it. I lucked out because I really like all four members of my zone.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out