UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 01:42 PM   #276
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
Wyatt's Zone- Please respond in Blue
Schala: "Well they say that experience is the best way to learn anything. I hope you find all the knowledge you seek during your travels," Wyatt said with a smile. He seemed pretty content to just sit back and talk to you. The nice part about it was that he genuinely seemed interested in what you had to say, "I know that when I set off on my journey with the rest of the Kalosian trainers to travel the world and promote our region I had wanted to learn as much as I could about the rest of the world. So far everywhere I've been I've discovered all kinds of new things that I didn't know before. Just getting a chance to sit and talk with other trainers like we are doing now has given me more insight and understanding about different places than I could have ever expected." Just then the grass parted and your hopes were fulfilled when Airmid appeared. Although she to your surprise she didn't come alone.

"Whoa! That's a Tyrunt!" Wyatt exclaimed as he shifted a bit from where he was sitting. You could tell that he was definitely more on guard than he had been the entire journey so far. "That's an ancient Fossil type pokemon. A predator and very dangerous. Although..." The Kalosian trainer trailed off as he looked a little more closely at the dinosaur, "Is that...? Is that a crown on its head?" The confusion in Wyatt's voice was clear. Airmid seemed plenty pleased as she approached you and the pumpkaboo sleeping at your side. Almost as if she didn't even have a care in the world that there was a dangerous pokemon standing right behind her. "Whatever you do, don't make any sudden movements or upset that Tyrunt. It seems like it is in a good and docile mood right now, but it is still a dangerous pokemon. Okay?"

What will you do?

Wyatt's response was comforting. It was nicer to talk with him than she had been expecting, and a lot less awkward than she had feared. It helped that he was truly interested in what she was saying.

Talking with other trainers? Sound advice, she supposed. If most conversations with other trainers ended up like this one, she wouldn't mind much. Especially if it helped her gain knowledge.

Airmid's arrival disrupted any further musing and conversation. Schala grinned, relived. She was glad that she hadn't had to go after her after all. The second Pokemon following her Shroomish closely was a surprise. But really, Airmid was certainly more than capable of making several 'friends' given the chance, especially left to her own devices.

I feel like I should be glad she didn't bring back a horde. She thought, amused. Then, Wyatt's reaction sunk in. She tensed as she took in the changes to his posture, and then tensed even further as he explained why exactly she should be worried. Not that it was much of a surprise, looking at the fossil. It certainly had the kind of teeth she'd expect of a predator.

Wyatt's comment about the 'crown' perched atop the Tyrunt's head made it rather obvious that Airmid had won the dinosaur over with her usual charm, though Schala had no idea how long that would last, given Wyatt's warnings. She nodded nervously to Wyatt in acknowledgement.

No sudden moves. Right. Let's not provoke the predator. Schala resisted the urge to stand up, even if it would put her in a better position to dodge if something set the newest arrival off. She had no idea how the fossil would react.

She snuck a quick glance at the Ghost type sleeping by her side, before returning to nervously eyeing the fossil Pokemon. Would it be better to wake the Pumpkaboo up now, and risk it angering the Tyrunt, or should she risk it suddenly waking up and causing problems later? She struggled with her options and finally fastened onto a plan. It might explode into a dangerous situation, but she couldn't ignore the third Pokemon, and she really didn't want this to end up as a fight. That would be her last resort. Between her starter and Airmid, she was confident that they could drive off an attack if necessary.

Pasting on a trembling smile she nudged Pumpkaboo awake gently and prayed that this would work.

Airmid approached, carrying her gathered supplies and completely oblivious to the tension in the air.

"I'm glad you made it back, Airmid! Who's your new friend?" She addressed the Shroomish in what was a completely cheerful and not at all terrified voice as the mushroom dropped her bundle in front of them. Hopefully Wyatt would play along, and this wouldn't be a complete disaster.

"So, do you want to learn how to make garlands too?" She asked the dinosaur. It had worked once today, after all.

(Profile)
Old 03-22-2015, 02:32 PM   #277
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Wyatt's Zone- Please respond in Blue
jolteonjak: The battle between Ledyba and the Tyrunt continued on even as you and Wyatt got caught up with one another. The Kalosian nodding with a hint of embarrassment when you asked him if was alright after falling into a hole himself. Even with Ledyba taking a good hit, it didn't seem to affect the bug much. It wasn't until Wyatt reminded you about the Clauncher you were carrying that you realized there were other things to do besides fight off an unstoppable eating machine. Still, with a few commands, Ledyba took up position between yourself and the Tyrunt. From the looks of things the Five-Star pokemon was ready to protect you and your goal of getting the bluish crustacean back to water no matter what happened.

You reach the water with no problems although you find that you have to step into the pond a few feet to find deep enough water to submerge the clauncher given how shallow it is at the edge. The Clauncher in your sling is still looking pretty sickly with its glazed over eyes and open mouth. Regardless, once you set it down in the water you can visibly see the pokemon starting to look a little better. The dry skin and shell already have a little more vibrant look them than they did just moments ago. Still, the pokemon seems to be rather weak and helpless even as the water rejuvenates it. You can tell it will take some time before it is healthy enough to survive without some care as evidenced by your comment to Wyatt. The Kalosian trainer looks at you for am moment and then begins digging around in his pockets, "I might be able to help you with that. Just give me a minute." When he said a minute, he most definitely meant it. Whatever Wyatt was looking for wasn't something he could just pull out quick. Either that or the guy was just slow. "Aha!" the Kalosian shouted in victory, "Here it is! Use this on clauncher and it should help it heal back up in no time." Wyatt tossed to a pink vial to you.

Meanwhile, like a clock that refuses to stop ticking the Tyrunt is once more on the move. Ledyba being the only obstacle between it and a meal. Unless it decides to make a meal of Ledyba that is.

What will you do?

Chad caught the pink vial from Wyatt. He had an inkling of what it was, so he was prepared to use it. “Thank you,” he said. “I think this will help a lot. If what’s inside doesn’t help, we can fill this with water and poor the water over it.” It was going to take some time to be able to use this, though, so he had to buy some time. “Ledyba, use your Sweet Scent to keep Tyrunt distracted. If it gets close use Drain Punch to protect yourself. Above all else, watch out for its jaws. They’re terribly strong!”

Chad watched a little bit as Ledyba continued to run interference. “Taran, can you please watch out for Ledyba while Wyatt and I work?” he said looked up at the Joltik. “Let me know if he gets into trouble.” He turned his attention back to Clauncher, who was already looking much better than when the group had found it. The water was doing a great job in rehydrating the Water Gun Pokémon. Its eyes were glazed over, and its mouth was left agape.

Chad took the pink vial and examined it. He’d never used one before, so he was unsure on how it worked. There didn’t seem to be any instructions, but he looked at Clauncher. Its mouth was open. Chad thought, perhaps, it was medicine that could be ingested. Chad was reminded of a time where he and his brother were pretty ill. His mother had a difficult time giving the two of them their medicine. He remembered his brother, in particular, who had to be held down by his father in order to be given his medicine. Chad had it easier now. Clauncher was not very responsive, and his mouth was open. He took the top of the vial off and slowly began to pour the liquid into its mouth. “Let’s see what this will do for it.”

Stats
Old 03-30-2015, 07:42 AM   #278
Rakurai
Boulder Badge

Quote:
[COLOR="lemonchiffon"]Chantelle's Zone- Please respond in LemonChiffon

Chantelle's Zone- Please respond in LemonChiffon
Rakurai: Flandre seemed raring to go. Despite the small amount of paralysis she had, that wasn't going to stop her from winning this battle. The charmander punched her fists a few times like a boxer trying to shake off any tightness. Although the tightness in this case was a little different than normal muscle tightness. A small surge of electricity coursed through her body as you issued your commands. Flandre smiled and narrowed her eyes as she started her next onslaught against the Amaura.

A chill fills the air as the Amaura opens its mouth and a blast of cold shoots forth. Flakes of Powdery Snow fall about around the blast as it impacts Flandre squarely. The Charmander weathers the attack fairly well given her affinity with the opposite element and quickly shakes off the frost on her body. In return Flandre launches a ball of fire infused with Raging Dragon energy into the blue dinosaur as a cry of pain escaped it. The Amaura soon turned its attention back to Flandre and Growled at the charmander. You can see Flandre take a small step back as she realizes that this dinosaur was not amused with that last attack. Still that doesn't stop Flandre from countering. With a wide ranged swing of her arms, a ball of Ancient rock energy Powered up in front of your partner. With a thrust of her arms, Flandre tossed the ball of energy toward the dinosaur who tried to dodge, but seemed a little too injured to evade the attack as it caught it sending it falling to the ground. It's head smacked hard against the surface as it looked back up to see Flandre now closing in to attack again. The Amaura once more shot forth a blast of Powder Snow and cold into Flandre who seemed slow down a bit as she took on the attack, but still managed to push through. He arm raised in the air and was about to strike as if she were about to Break a stack of Bricks when a surge of electricity shocked through her freezing her up for a moment. A moment was long enough for the Amaura to roll to its feet and leap back out of Flandre's reach as the paralysis temporarily wore off.

Despite the Paralysis affecting Flandre and making things a little more difficult than you would like them to be, she seemed to be doing pretty well. Her breathing was a little heavy, but overall you've seen her a lot more worn down than she is now. The Amaura on the other hand was definitely hurting. Its legs were wobbly and it looked like it could collapse any minute from all of the super effective attacks Flandre had thrown its way. As it was, this battle might end faster than anyone could have imagined.

What will you do?
Flandre let out an irritated growl as the Amaura slipped away from her Brick Break; her paralysis having proved to be a little more troublesome then she would've liked. She proceeded to point at it in a manner that gave off a rather clear message of "You got lucky, pal". Even though she was clearly faring much better then it was at this point, she didn't seem ready to relent in her assault. A battle wasn't over until her opponent was down for the count, as far as she was concerned.

All the while, Tia had been quietly watching the battle unfold from Katsura's side. Had Flandre been in her position, she'd most likely have been cheering her on with every ounce of energy she had, but the Gible instead seemed focused on gleaning some knowledge from her sister's battle. She saw them less as a source of amusement and more as a chance to better herself for the sake of protecting those who were important to her.

As for the trainer himself, he couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the Amaura, as it seemed rather ill-prepared for fighting a Pokemon like Flandre, if its choice of attacks had been any indication. However, he knew better then to let his guard down. If it wanted to keep fighting, then he'd let Flandre give it all she'd got, though he figured he ought to at least give a chance to surrender out of the kindness of his heart.

"Have we proven ourselves to you yet?", he asked. "If you want to persist, I understand. Just know that I've been having Flandre here hold back on you up until now.", he continued, the Charmander nodding her head before putting on a grin, perhaps in anticipation of getting the chance to unleash her strongest attacks.

"If it wants to keep going, then I guess I'll have Flandre go at it with her Brick Break, Iron Tail, then Flare Blitz...however much it takes to bring it down.", he thought to himself, as he waited to see how the Amaura would react...
Old 06-07-2015, 11:56 PM   #279
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Chantelle's Friend Safari - Please reply in lemonchiffon

sweetbbydoll: While you do acknowledge that your stricter maternal side came out there and may have had something to do with Amaura's sudden change of mood, you cannot fault yourself for it though you could definitely have phrased one or two things a little better. Amaura was acting out of line, and had been from the moment you met. Even if she hadn't wanted to hear what you had to say, she definitely needed to hear it and it's very possible she also knows this and is why she hasn't stormed off for good. Though upset, she's still here and is still showing interest in you which is definitely a good sign and so you take advantage of the moment and move in to comfort her. After all, it's not like you hadn't crossed the proverbial line at all either. Kneeling down and cuddling her close you proceed to apologise for making her cry even if you can't quite understand exactly what it is that triggered her reaction. Amaura doesn't seem to mind you rambling on, nor does she pull away from you, but she's still not able to make eye contact even though she appears to be accepting your words at face value.

Chantelle moves around in front of Amaura so the blue dino can't possibly avoid her gaze. Taking Amaura's cheek in her hand she strokes her gently and smiles. "Liza speaks the truth dear Amaura, just look into her eyes, and into the eyes of Sam and Apy who so obviously adore her, and you will see for yourself their sincerity. This is not a trainer wanting to beat you down and humiliate you with a forced capture, expecting you to obey them because they have bested you when you were unprepared. This is a trainer who has chosen you and is allowing you the respect you deserve to make the choice to join her willingly. A trainer who wants to take you in and care for you. To raise you and train you and teach you how to be the best that you can be. A trainer who wants to show you that with teamwork, you can be even better than your best. Tell me Amaura, do you think you could ever forgive yourself if you let this chance pass you by today? The chance to show the world what a wonderful Pokémon you are. To do yourself and the Kalos region proud on the contest circuit? What do you say, Amaura? Will you look into Liza's eyes and consider all she has to offer you?"

Amaura's tears have stopped flowing and through it takes her a moment to respond to Chantelle's words she eventually turns her head to look at you and stares into your eyes while you talk about you and your Pokémon being family. She looks to Sam and Apy who are smiling and nodding vigorously, encouraging you to be a part of their team. Tears well in Amaura's eyes again as they drop to the Safari Ball you offer and she smiles, leaping to her feet and nearly knocking you over in the process, to perform a fancy pirouette whilst unleashing a Powder Snow into the air above that she then proceeds to blast a Thunder Wave through, the electricity coursing through the snowflakes in the air causing them to crystallise and glitter and they start to descend. Turning to you Amaura bows then stands and smiles amidst a shower of glittering snow, reaching out and tapping the Safari Ball in your outstretched hand, allowing it to draw her inside and making you the proud owner of this lively Lv.5 female Amaura who is undoubtedly going to prove to be quite the handful.

"This is so wonderful! I am so happy for you!" Chantelle cries, as she bounds over to embrace you in a warm hug with tears streaming down her own face at the emotional scene. "For all of you!" she adds, also embracing Samantha and Apy who are not quite sure how to react leading to a crowd of blushing people and Pokémon.

"But I am also sad as this means our time together has come to an end," Chantelle adds, pouting slightly. "I have enjoyed your company today so very much and hope you will do me the honour of visiting Kalos one day but even if you do not I am sure I will see you all again performing your wonderful moves in contests across the globe!"

Finally arriving back at the entrance to Chantelle's Safari Zone you look upon the other trainers still waiting their turn and hope they'll be as lucky as you have been today. Exchanging contact details with the stylish brunette you give a final wave as she disappears from sight, already deeply engrossed in conversation with the next trainer. Whatever happens next you're sure it's going to be memorable now you have a pretty blue drama queen on your team ;)

Rakurai: Any normal Pokémon would have accepted your offer to stand down at this point, but it is becoming increasingly obvious that this Amaura is anything but normal. It is proud, and you know what they say about pride - this one will need to fall. All things considered it's stood its ground far longer than it should have considering it's battling a Pokémon that is quite clearly well trained, if not a little over confident, and at a significantly higher level. Amarua should have fallen already but is not prepared to back down. It glares back at you with a crooked smile, its expression clearly conveying that you're going to need to take this all the way if you want it to travel with you so that is precisely what you do.

A quick exchange with Flandre has her fired up and moving in, fighting through her paralysis to attack Amaura fast and hard with brute force, the impact feeling like a pile of Bricks Breaking over top of the Tundra Pokémon eliciting a pained groan before it unleashes one final breath of cold air, the Powdery Snow forcing an involuntary shiver from the hyped up Charmander whose tail glints in the sunlight as she prepares to attack again. The paralysis has set in though, her muscles failing her as they tense up, refusing to obey her wishes but it doesn't matter anyway, for Amaura is laying on the ground, blinking groggily.

"Amaura is spent, it has no energy left with which to battle," Chantelle notes quietly, placing her hand on your shoulder as you both look on to watch Flandre attempting to ready another attack, building up her firepower to try and burn that wretched electricity right out out of herself. "If you are going to attempt a capture it without knocking it unconscious now is your chance. It wanted you to prove yourself and you have done that. But of course the final decision lies with you..."

Wyatt's Friend Safari - Please reply in royalblue

jolteonjak: With an expert catch you remove the lid from the potion Wyatt has tossed your way and begin to administer the medicine to Clauncher while Ledyba continues to battle the hungry Tyrunt. Since Tyrunt's appetite seems to be the big issue at the moment Ledyba's Sweet Scent does an amazing job of distracting the little Fossil Pokémon who has begun sniffing the air with gusto, wondering where this delicious aroma is coming from. While Tyrunt is in heaven, practically floating on a fantasy cloud of sweet, sweet, candy with images of cupcakes, sugar cane and chocolate bars dancing around its head a rejuvenated Clauncher begins shooting powerful blasts of water at the little dinosaur-like Pokémon who shakes its head in bewilderment, its lovely vision of candy land shattered with a cold blast of water to the face.

Tyrunt roars its disapproval and resets its sights on Clauncher, charging toward the pond and clearly ready to race right into it if that's what it takes when Ledyba's glowing fist comes out of nowhere and smacks it in the side of the head. Tyrunt is sent reeling off-course, stumbling sideways, the explosive Punch Draining it's dwindling energy reserves substantially. Ledyba is feeling a little better now, but it's Clauncher who appears to be on the warpath. The little crustacean is NOT happy about being chosen for Tyrunt's main course and is angry. Very angry. It shoots several powerful bursts of water at Tryrunt from the pond forcing the little dino to back away. Stumbling over itself as it hasn't even recovered from Ledyba's attack yet, Tyrunt is fuming but is also highly uncomfortable with Clauncher's watery onslaught. Figuring this is the perfect chance to catch Tyrunt you ready your Safari Ball but Clauncher has other ideas and leaps from the pond, scuttling forward to attack the baby fossil. Clauncher's massive claw latches onto Tyrunt's massive jaw, the resulting scene something you won't see too often.

Wyatt's jaw drops, his eyes fixed on the two Pokémon who are each trying to best the other while everybody else watches. Tyrunt is waving its head around, desperately trying to fling the clingy crustacean off of it, but Clauncher will have none of it. Eat seafood for dinner? Clauncher thinks not and holds on for dear life, its powerful grip nice and secure on Tyrunt's snout. Tyrunt races around smashing Clauncher into the ground, into a tree, and even into a nearby boulder, but although Clauncher is getting a beating it's not giving up. Afraid to throw your Safari Ball in case you hit the wrong Pokémon you hold off, but then Tyrunt decides to take back off into the Safari Zone. It seems Tyrunt plans on returning Clauncher to the weak and helpless Pokémon it had been only moments before when it was all dried out and dying...

Schala: Heeding Wyatt's warning you resist the urge to move away from the small dinosaur-like Pokémon, instead smiling warmly at the new arrival as it approaches with Airmid. It gazes at you curiously while Airmid eagerly introduces her new friend but is otherwise expressionless which you can't help but find slightly unnerving. While Tyrunt looks you over curiously you gently nudge Pumpkaboo, urging it out of its slumber. It sleepily mumbles a low and comfortably dreamy, "Boooooo" and continues snoozing. Tyrunt also notes the friendly rapport the two of you are sharing, even with the ghost-type sleeping but its eyes soon turn back to Airmid who plops down her supplies and gets to work. Trying to make it feel welcome you smile and ask if it would like to make garlands too but Tyrunt barely even blinks though does turns its head from side to side, proudly feeling its own little crown and steps up closer to Airmid, its frightening jaws only inches from her head while it watches her weave. All in all it's gone well so far with Tyrunt definitely taking a shine to Airmid but while you give Pumpkaboo another nudge Tyrunt's head snaps sideways, a low growl rumbling in its throat, its eyes locking on to Wyatt whose notably tense demeanour finally elicits a reaction from the little dinosaur whose eyes narrow suspiciously when it notices Wyatt back away a little.

"Whoa there little fella, I was just getting my bag!" Wyatt laughs, throwing his hands up in an "I give up" manner. "I thought everyone might like a little snack and I have some treats stashed away in here," he adds quickly, hoping Tyrunt falls for his little while lie.

Meanwhile, at your third nudge Pumpkaboo finally starts to rouse just in time to witness Wyatt trying to placate the little Tyrunt who takes several running steps toward Wyatt before stopping a few feet away and growling/roaring in a baby-like voice at the young water trainer whose complexion proceeds to turn a couple of shades paler. While at first the scene appears quite hilarious with a baby Pokémon nearly scaring the pants off an experienced trainer, one proper look at the jaws on this little bub soon puts things into perspective. This little baby is dangerous. Very dangerous indeed.

Airmid isn't having any of it though, leaping up and racing over to Tyrunt, scolding it for being so ill-mannered while Pumpkaboo watches the scene tensely before slowly moving itself into position between you and Tyrunt, clearly prepared to jump right in and defend its new friend if need be. It doesn't look like it'll be necessary though, as whatever it is Airmid said has had some kind of effect on the baby dinosaur as it snorts, hmmpf's, and returns to the pile of leaves and flowers, waiting for Airmid to join it and make more crowns.

"Pheeeew, that was a close call," Wyatt whistles slowly, his eyes fixed firmly upon Tyrunt. "If you like I can keep Tyrunt distracted while you make your escape with Pumpkaboo..." he offers, eyeing the little dinosaur warily...
Old 06-08-2015, 05:45 PM   #280
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

sweetbbydoll: While you do acknowledge that your stricter maternal side came out there and may have had something to do with Amaura's sudden change of mood, you cannot fault yourself for it though you could definitely have phrased one or two things a little better. Amaura was acting out of line, and had been from the moment you met. Even if she hadn't wanted to hear what you had to say, she definitely needed to hear it and it's very possible she also knows this and is why she hasn't stormed off for good. Though upset, she's still here and is still showing interest in you which is definitely a good sign and so you take advantage of the moment and move in to comfort her. After all, it's not like you hadn't crossed the proverbial line at all either. Kneeling down and cuddling her close you proceed to apologise for making her cry even if you can't quite understand exactly what it is that triggered her reaction. Amaura doesn't seem to mind you rambling on, nor does she pull away from you, but she's still not able to make eye contact even though she appears to be accepting your words at face value.

Chantelle moves around in front of Amaura so the blue dino can't possibly avoid her gaze. Taking Amaura's cheek in her hand she strokes her gently and smiles. "Liza speaks the truth dear Amaura, just look into her eyes, and into the eyes of Sam and Apy who so obviously adore her, and you will see for yourself their sincerity. This is not a trainer wanting to beat you down and humiliate you with a forced capture, expecting you to obey them because they have bested you when you were unprepared. This is a trainer who has chosen you and is allowing you the respect you deserve to make the choice to join her willingly. A trainer who wants to take you in and care for you. To raise you and train you and teach you how to be the best that you can be. A trainer who wants to show you that with teamwork, you can be even better than your best. Tell me Amaura, do you think you could ever forgive yourself if you let this chance pass you by today? The chance to show the world what a wonderful Pokémon you are. To do yourself and the Kalos region proud on the contest circuit? What do you say, Amaura? Will you look into Liza's eyes and consider all she has to offer you?"

Amaura's tears have stopped flowing and through it takes her a moment to respond to Chantelle's words she eventually turns her head to look at you and stares into your eyes while you talk about you and your Pokémon being family. She looks to Sam and Apy who are smiling and nodding vigorously, encouraging you to be a part of their team. Tears well in Amaura's eyes again as they drop to the Safari Ball you offer and she smiles, leaping to her feet and nearly knocking you over in the process, to perform a fancy pirouette whilst unleashing a Powder Snow into the air above that she then proceeds to blast a Thunder Wave through, the electricity coursing through the snowflakes in the air causing them to crystallise and glitter and they start to descend. Turning to you Amaura bows then stands and smiles amidst a shower of glittering snow, reaching out and tapping the Safari Ball in your outstretched hand, allowing it to draw her inside and making you the proud owner of this lively Lv.5 female Amaura who is undoubtedly going to prove to be quite the handful.

"This is so wonderful! I am so happy for you!" Chantelle cries, as she bounds over to embrace you in a warm hug with tears streaming down her own face at the emotional scene. "For all of you!" she adds, also embracing Samantha and Apy who are not quite sure how to react leading to a crowd of blushing people and Pokémon.

"But I am also sad as this means our time together has come to an end," Chantelle adds, pouting slightly. "I have enjoyed your company today so very much and hope you will do me the honour of visiting Kalos one day but even if you do not I am sure I will see you all again performing your wonderful moves in contests across the globe!"

Finally arriving back at the entrance to Chantelle's Safari Zone you look upon the other trainers still waiting their turn and hope they'll be as lucky as you have been today. Exchanging contact details with the stylish brunette you give a final wave as she disappears from sight, already deeply engrossed in conversation with the next trainer. Whatever happens next you're sure it's going to be memorable now you have a pretty blue drama queen on your team ;)
The words Chantelle spoke were spot on, not only about how Amaura might have been feeling but how Liza's feelings were about the whole thing too.

Water formed underneath the lass's eyes, the cold atmosphere drying the strikes as they fell from her cheek to the snow filled floor. Looking at the prehistoric Dino's eyes, Liza realized just now how really beautiful and blue they were, this close up. She smiled before holding the Pokemon tightly once again.

As the Ice Type accepted the trainer’s invitation to join her on her quest to make a name for herself in the Contest Circuit, Liza couldn't help but feel happy that she found a Pokemon with a willingness to want to perform, and in the wild too!

Amaura pushed herself from the young girl’s embrace before deciding to preform one last appeal, though a bit fearful that the combination of Powder Snow and Thunder Wave would Paralysis her again, it seemed the Pokemon learned the first time what she shouldn’t do. And this time, the combination was even more stunning then before with the sparking crystals falling all around them gracefully.

Captivated by the performance, Liza didn’t notice when the Ice Type bobbed her way to the Safari Ball Liza held in her palm, tapping it by stretching out her long neck and soon became sucked inside the Sphere.

The Ball shook once...then twice, before finally a ping rang loud in everyone's ears!

Lucy, Sam and Apy all cheered! And though it might of been a little problematic for the Snover that was being chased earlier for being mistaken as food, Liza was sure they were ways of avoiding conflict among the team...somehow...

“This is so wonderful! I am so happy for you!” Chantelle ran over, crying hugging the lass trainer, “For all of you!” she finally said to the trainer’s Pokemon.

“Really, Chantelle you don’t have to get so emotional...*sniff*” Liza said finding it hard to believe she was crying a little too.

“But I am also sad as this means our time together has come to an end,” Chantelle pouted, something the trainer found rather endearing in the Kalos trainer, “I have enjoyed your company today so very much and hope you will do me the honour of visiting Kalos one day but even if you do not I am sure I will see you all again performing your wonderful moves in contests across the globe!”

“Aww Chantelle, your kind words are going to make me cry again.” The trainer said with a smile, “We need to hang out again! Whether it means me visiting you or you visiting me, we'll make a day of it!” Liza insisted before finally exchanging contact information with each ofher. Liza didn't expect to hit it off with the brunette so well, but she was glad she did.

Hugging one more time, Liza then turned around and returned her Pokemon back inside their Pokeballs, waving one last goodbye before making her way out of the structure.

~*~*~

It sure had been an eventful day, Liza couldn't get over how much of a great time she had as she added another adventure into her memory book...she couldn't wait to get back to the Pokemon Center and write about it in her journal...to think, she had been the first one to arrive for the Kalos event and now the street lights seemed to be twinkling all around her, time sure flew when you were having fun!

As she made her way down the boulevard, a feeling of accomplishment filled her heart. Not only did she put everything she learned in pervious adventures into the small performances she had her Pokemon stage but she had acquired a rather lovely blue Dino to join the ranks...only time would tell if the lass would reach her dreams of being held as top coordinator but she at least intended to try!

With the moonlight shining on her back, she wondered where life was going to take her now, as her story continued...

OoC: Thank you Tess for writing up my last update here, it was lovely and you really captured the feelings well for not being the one to actually come up with the story, :). I thank Stark for letting me try a rather unusual way of going about befriending my zone capture and all the hard work the mods put in with the event as a whole. This will definitely be difficult to top hehe~
Old 06-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #281
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:
Schala: Heeding Wyatt's warning you resist the urge to move away from the small dinosaur-like Pokémon, instead smiling warmly at the new arrival as it approaches with Airmid. It gazes at you curiously while Airmid eagerly introduces her new friend but is otherwise expressionless which you can't help but find slightly unnerving. While Tyrunt looks you over curiously you gently nudge Pumpkaboo, urging it out of its slumber. It sleepily mumbles a low and comfortably dreamy, "Boooooo" and continues snoozing. Tyrunt also notes the friendly rapport the two of you are sharing, even with the ghost-type sleeping but its eyes soon turn back to Airmid who plops down her supplies and gets to work. Trying to make it feel welcome you smile and ask if it would like to make garlands too but Tyrunt barely even blinks though does turns its head from side to side, proudly feeling its own little crown and steps up closer to Airmid, its frightening jaws only inches from her head while it watches her weave. All in all it's gone well so far with Tyrunt definitely taking a shine to Airmid but while you give Pumpkaboo another nudge Tyrunt's head snaps sideways, a low growl rumbling in its throat, its eyes locking on to Wyatt whose notably tense demeanour finally elicits a reaction from the little dinosaur whose eyes narrow suspiciously when it notices Wyatt back away a little.

"Whoa there little fella, I was just getting my bag!" Wyatt laughs, throwing his hands up in an "I give up" manner. "I thought everyone might like a little snack and I have some treats stashed away in here," he adds quickly, hoping Tyrunt falls for his little while lie.

Meanwhile, at your third nudge Pumpkaboo finally starts to rouse just in time to witness Wyatt trying to placate the little Tyrunt who takes several running steps toward Wyatt before stopping a few feet away and growling/roaring in a baby-like voice at the young water trainer whose complexion proceeds to turn a couple of shades paler. While at first the scene appears quite hilarious with a baby Pokémon nearly scaring the pants off an experienced trainer, one proper look at the jaws on this little bub soon puts things into perspective. This little baby is dangerous. Very dangerous indeed.

Airmid isn't having any of it though, leaping up and racing over to Tyrunt, scolding it for being so ill-mannered while Pumpkaboo watches the scene tensely before slowly moving itself into position between you and Tyrunt, clearly prepared to jump right in and defend its new friend if need be. It doesn't look like it'll be necessary though, as whatever it is Airmid said has had some kind of effect on the baby dinosaur as it snorts, hmmpf's, and returns to the pile of leaves and flowers, waiting for Airmid to join it and make more crowns.

"Pheeeew, that was a close call," Wyatt whistles slowly, his eyes fixed firmly upon Tyrunt. "If you like I can keep Tyrunt distracted while you make your escape with Pumpkaboo..." he offers, eyeing the little dinosaur warily...

The dinosaur Pokemon doesn't react much to the question, but at least it doesn't seem aggressive at the moment. Though the way it hovers over Airmid while she works is a little unsettling.

The encounter takes a turn for the worse while Schala tries to discretely nudge Pumpkaboo awake, however. She hadn't been paying attention to what Wyatt was doing, and so it was quite startling to hear the little fossil growl and suddenly lunge at the other trainer.

While the Tyrunt doesn't actually attack him, Schala's heart still skips a beat. Wyatt wasn't looking too good either. Those teeth looked wickedly dangerous.

Airmid leaps into the fray before her trainer can do anything besides sit there frozen. Of course, it doesn't help Schala's heart either, but at least the Shroomish seems to have everything more or less under control. Watching the mushroom Pokemon scold a rather terrifying dinosaur is a bit surreal, but honestly par for the course with her. Airmid doesn't seem to grasp the concept of danger. Still, it works without violence, and the Tyrunt sulks back over to Airmid's pile of flowers. Crisis averted, at least for a minute.

Schala notices that her new friend, now fully awake, has maneuvered in front of her as if to protect her during the incident, and has to smile a little at that. Not that she wants anything to actually happen--she has no idea if the ghost is strong enough to stand a chance against the other Pokemon, and she really doesn't want to put it in a situation where they would have to find out. The thought was appreciated, though. It's a nice surprise to have the pumpkin Pokemon care about her enough to stand in harm's way.

Schala has to fight the urge to pick up the Pumpkaboo to keep it safe. She kind of wants to grab Airmid too while she's at it.

Airmid's scolding has only delayed the inevitable, but Schala has no idea how to get out of this without a fight. When Wyatt brings up leaving and letting him handle it, the first thing she feels is relief. But Wyatt still doesn't look confident about this fight, and it doesn't feel fair to just take Airmid and the Pumpkaboo and leave him to deal with an angry Tyrunt alone.

"Are you sure?" She asks, hesitantly. Maybe there's another way to end this...

She glances over at Airmid, and quickly comes up with a plan.

"Let me try something first. If this doesn't work, we'll make a break for it, okay?" She tells Wyatt.

"Hey, Airmid?" She calls softly. She doesn't want to set the other Pokemon off again. "I know you've found another friend, and we were going to work on more garlands, but it's getting kind of late. We have to leave soon, and I bet your new friend is tired. Why don't we help it take a nap with Spore?"

She motions towards the Tyrunt with a nod of the head, and slowly leans forward to grab Pumpkaboo. Hopefully, the pumpkin Pokemon will let her pick it up. If she can just get it into her arms and get into a position to jump up in case something goes wrong...

Airmid's Pokeball is at her hip, right next to her starter. Schala isn't sure that she can hold Pumpkaboo and return Airmid quickly at the same time, but if Spore doesn't work, she knows a few things Airmid could do to slow down the Tyrunt enough to give her a good chance.

Here goes nothing.

(Profile)

OOC: Thanks for picking this up, Tess. I've been looking forward to continuing this adventure.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:45 AM   #282
Rakurai
Boulder Badge

Quote:

Rakurai: Any normal Pokémon would have accepted your offer to stand down at this point, but it is becoming increasingly obvious that this Amaura is anything but normal. It is proud, and you know what they say about pride - this one will need to fall. All things considered it's stood its ground far longer than it should have considering it's battling a Pokémon that is quite clearly well trained, if not a little over confident, and at a significantly higher level. Amarua should have fallen already but is not prepared to back down. It glares back at you with a crooked smile, its expression clearly conveying that you're going to need to take this all the way if you want it to travel with you so that is precisely what you do.

A quick exchange with Flandre has her fired up and moving in, fighting through her paralysis to attack Amaura fast and hard with brute force, the impact feeling like a pile of Bricks Breaking over top of the Tundra Pokémon eliciting a pained groan before it unleashes one final breath of cold air, the Powdery Snow forcing an involuntary shiver from the hyped up Charmander whose tail glints in the sunlight as she prepares to attack again. The paralysis has set in though, her muscles failing her as they tense up, refusing to obey her wishes but it doesn't matter anyway, for Amaura is laying on the ground, blinking groggily.

"Amaura is spent, it has no energy left with which to battle," Chantelle notes quietly, placing her hand on your shoulder as you both look on to watch Flandre attempting to ready another attack, building up her firepower to try and burn that wretched electricity right out out of herself. "If you are going to attempt a capture it without knocking it unconscious now is your chance. It wanted you to prove yourself and you have done that. But of course the final decision lies with you..."
The Amaura had silently answered Katsura's question with a crooked smile, to which he sighed and shook his head. "This one... He's just as stubborn and proud as Flandre. I guess that means he's only going to learn his lesson the hard way.", he thought to himself.

Having seen her opponent's response, Flandre flashed a devious smirk as she swiftly rushed in and delivered the Brick Break she had been intending to connect with earlier; the attack flooring the Amaura, though not before it unleashed one last Powder Snow, which seemed to annoy her more then caused any genuine harm. Even though it was barely conscious at that point, she still didn't seem ready to stop fighting, as she struggled against her paralysis in an attempt to carry out the rest of her orders.

It was then that Chantelle had decided to discreetly inform Katsura that now would be the ideal time to capture the Amaura if that was what he desired. He gave a nod, already knowing what he intended to do. "That's enough, Flandre.", he called out to the Charmander, who looked a little annoyed by his words. "You need to know when to quit. Your opponent doesn't have be unconscious for you to be declared the winner, after all". Tia, who had idly been watching the battle the entire time, seemed to echo his thoughts, narrowing her eyes disapprovingly at her sister. With that, the Charmander took a deep breath then exhaled, presumably to calm herself, before slowly returning to their side, still twitching periodically because of the residual paralysis.

With that out of the way, Katsura approached the Amaura, removing the Safari Ball he had been given from his pocket before holding it out before the weary Pokemon. "You hung in there pretty well, all things considered.", he remarked to it. "I think you have a lot of potential. If we train together, I promise I'll make you stronger. Maybe even strong enough to beat Flandre some day." Flandre scoffed at the last sentence, eliciting a snicker from Tia, who seemed amused by the thought of her haughty sister being surpassed by the one whom she had rather handily trounced.

Katsura chuckled a little at his two Pokemon, before returning his attention to his would-be-companion, eager to make his first capture in a great while...
Old 06-18-2015, 11:54 PM   #283
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:

jolteonjak: With an expert catch you remove the lid from the potion Wyatt has tossed your way and begin to administer the medicine to Clauncher while Ledyba continues to battle the hungry Tyrunt. Since Tyrunt's appetite seems to be the big issue at the moment Ledyba's Sweet Scent does an amazing job of distracting the little Fossil Pokémon who has begun sniffing the air with gusto, wondering where this delicious aroma is coming from. While Tyrunt is in heaven, practically floating on a fantasy cloud of sweet, sweet, candy with images of cupcakes, sugar cane and chocolate bars dancing around its head a rejuvenated Clauncher begins shooting powerful blasts of water at the little dinosaur-like Pokémon who shakes its head in bewilderment, its lovely vision of candy land shattered with a cold blast of water to the face.

Tyrunt roars its disapproval and resets its sights on Clauncher, charging toward the pond and clearly ready to race right into it if that's what it takes when Ledyba's glowing fist comes out of nowhere and smacks it in the side of the head. Tyrunt is sent reeling off-course, stumbling sideways, the explosive Punch Draining it's dwindling energy reserves substantially. Ledyba is feeling a little better now, but it's Clauncher who appears to be on the warpath. The little crustacean is NOT happy about being chosen for Tyrunt's main course and is angry. Very angry. It shoots several powerful bursts of water at Tryrunt from the pond forcing the little dino to back away. Stumbling over itself as it hasn't even recovered from Ledyba's attack yet, Tyrunt is fuming but is also highly uncomfortable with Clauncher's watery onslaught. Figuring this is the perfect chance to catch Tyrunt you ready your Safari Ball but Clauncher has other ideas and leaps from the pond, scuttling forward to attack the baby fossil. Clauncher's massive claw latches onto Tyrunt's massive jaw, the resulting scene something you won't see too often.

Wyatt's jaw drops, his eyes fixed on the two Pokémon who are each trying to best the other while everybody else watches. Tyrunt is waving its head around, desperately trying to fling the clingy crustacean off of it, but Clauncher will have none of it. Eat seafood for dinner? Clauncher thinks not and holds on for dear life, its powerful grip nice and secure on Tyrunt's snout. Tyrunt races around smashing Clauncher into the ground, into a tree, and even into a nearby boulder, but although Clauncher is getting a beating it's not giving up. Afraid to throw your Safari Ball in case you hit the wrong Pokémon you hold off, but then Tyrunt decides to take back off into the Safari Zone. It seems Tyrunt plans on returning Clauncher to the weak and helpless Pokémon it had been only moments before when it was all dried out and dying...

”Wow! That worked faster than I thought it would!” Chad exclaimed as he watch Clauncher seemingly spring back to life. The Water Gun Pokémon fired shots of water at the temporarily distracted Tyrunt.

Tyrunt snapped out of its trance, and regained focus on Clauncher. As it charged towards Clauncher, Ledyba continued his intervention with a well-timed Drain Punch. The punch knocked Tyrunt back, but that won’t stop it. The persistent Pokémon continued its advances, despite numerous blasts of water from Clauncher.

“Those blasts of water must be weakening it somewhat,” Chad thought out loud. He, once again, remembered the Safari Ball. “Now’s as good a time as any,” he prepared to toss the ball. Just he was about to do so, though, Clauncher leapt from the pond and clamped its claw onto Tyrunt’s mouth. Chad paused for a moment in shock. “Clauncher, maybe you should take it easy. You’ve only just recovered.” Wyatt’s jaw dropped as well.

Ledyba returned to Chad’s side, as he didn’t know what to do. “Ledyba, you did great. Hang tight, while I think for a moment,” Chad commended his Pokémon. As he was doing so, he, Taran, and Ledyba all watched as Tyrunt shook its head, trying to find a way to get Clauncher off of it. It swung its head at a nearby objects, a tree, a boulder, even the ground; but Clauncher just would not release itself. Suddenly Clauncher ran back into the Safari Zone, away from the pond, with Clauncher still attached.

“Aww man, I was trying to catch Tyrunt, so there wouldn’t be any more problems here!” Chad exclaimed frustrated. He and Ledyba tried their best to keep up with Tyrunt. “Ledyba, see if you can catch up enough to use String Shot on Tyrunt. Hopefully you can trip it up. Try and get another Mach Punch in as well. If it turns to look at you, be ready to blind it with Flash. Don’t worry about Clauncher getting hit with Flash; that could loosen its grip.” Chad took the Safari Ball out once again. ‘Once Clauncher gets off Tyrunt, I’ll try to catch Tyrunt,’ he thought to himself.

Stats
Old 06-23-2015, 09:26 AM   #284
enchantress
Queen of the Night

We need to close this event up so if you're nearly done now is the time to post otherwise you've lost your chance. If you're in either mine or Stark's groups and you've not replied in the next five days I will assume you're no longer active and proceed to finalise the event. Hope to see you soon!

Rakurai: It's over and you all know it, Amaura included. It knows you could take this battle one step further if you wish but despite Amaura's insistence that you take this all the way your choice not to take that final step has given it some insight into the kind of person you are. Flandre is not impressed, though there is a part of her that is happy Amarua is still conscious so it can watch her take pleasure in her win. The glint in Amaura's eye tells her this is not over though, as there is still plenty of time ahead to set the events of today right. Calling Flandre off, you turn to Amaura with Chantelle's Safari Ball in hand and promise the little blue dino that you'll help to make it stronger. Perhaps even strong enough to beat Flandre some day. At the sound of both Flandre and Tia scoffing at this idea the competitive glint in Amaura's eye is unmistakeable. Trounced today perhaps, but one day Amaura hopes an equilevel battle is in the cards for should that day come.... It smiles dreamily and nods, allowing you to draw the Lv.5 male Amarua inside of the Safari Ball.

"Congratulations Katsura! It is so exciting to have such a rare and wonderful Pokémon join you today!" Chantelle cries, flinging her arms around you. "I am sure Amaura will live up to all of your dreams and expectations!" Flushed with excitement Chantelle suddenly realises she's lost herself in the moment and pulls away from you, blushing furiously while desperately trying to compose herself. "Please forgive me," she giggles. "It is so easy to forget oneself at such times..."

Just then you hear a loud whistle and an explosion above, looking up to see the first of several fireworks going off in the darkening sky.

"I had not even realised it was getting so late," Chantelle notes, surprised. "It seems you have made your capture just in time," she smiles, looping her arm through yours as you all head back to the entrance of her zone.

"I've had such a lovely time today, Katsura, and hope you have too," Chantelle continues with a smile. "Perhaps one day we will meet again and you are able to show me how strong Amaura, Flandre, and Kia have become."

With fireworks lighting up the sky the two of you exchange contact details as the event closes up, Chantelle giving you a friendly hug before turning and disappearing into the crowd with one final wave...

jolteonjak: Frustrated at this latest turn of events you cannot believe what has just happened because now it feels like you're back at stage one and the last thing you need is to start all over again. It seems your entire party are sharing your thoughts and nobody even needs to stop to discuss the matter - you all race right off into the zone after Tyrunt! Several times you catch sight of it ahead as it races madly throughout the habitat, dodging Bunnelby holes and trying to bash Clauncher off against any sizeable object it passes, but then you'll lose sight of it as it dashes through tall grass. Luckily Tyrunt isn't focusing on taking evasive action so its easy enough to track and pretty soon you're just metres behind it. Ledyba manages with a burst of speed to get right up close and let loose a String Shot that snares Tyrunt around the legs and puts an immediate stop to its mad dash, but unfortunately not its mad mood.

Tyrunt falls face first into the ground with a muffled, angry roar, also hurting Clauncher as it is still refusing to let go of Tyrunt which is now a tad annoying as it's just getting in the way of things. Clauncher is looking a lot weaker though so perhaps it won't take too much more to force it to release its vice-like grip on the angry little dinosaur. Wyatt is standing by ready to lend assistance but your team seem to have it covered so he watches while Ledyba moves in again, this time aiming a Mach Punch not for Tyrunt, but for Clauncher! His energy charged fist slams Clauncher square in the right eye, the resulting scream making all present squirm with discomfort. Even Tyrunt, who feels no pity for the little crustacean, winced at that one. It's done the trick though, with Clauncher finally letting go of Tyrunt and dropping to the ground in agony.

Tyrunt is still angry though, and seeing its attacker laying there ready to be eaten it wastes no time in making its move. Luckily you've been watching though, and have been ready and waiting for this moment, and without skipping a beat throw the Safari Ball that taps Tyrunt on the head just as its massive jaw is about to split Clauncher right open. Tyrunt de-materialises as it's sucked inside, its eyes opening wide with surprise, but it's not giving in easily. It fights the capture, the ball dropping to the ground and shaking once, twice, three times. Then four, five, six. Wondering if this is even going to work you don't even notice you've stopping breathing for seven, eight, and then after a very long nine the ball makes a distinctive, "Ping!" and the light turns green indicating your successful capture of the Lv.5 male Tyrunt.

"Well done!" Wyatt grins, with a congratulatory slap on the back. "I've seen some captures in my time but I must say this would have to be the most memorable," he continues, shaking his head in wonder. "You're definitely going to have your work cut out for you with this little one, he'll be wanting to eat you out of house and home," he chuckles, quite clearly relieved it is you and not he who has to worry about that.

You then note a slight change in Wyatt's expression and realise you're down to the business end of the safari now the fun part is over. You have what you came here for so it is time to leave and let others follow in your footsteps.

"Now that you have caught your Pokémon our time together has come to an end," Wyatt eventually says, disappointed. "It is a shame we've not had more time to get to know one another but for now it is farewell." Exchanging your contact details while you walk you soon find yourselves back at the entrance to Wyatt's habitat where you've just met one very rare and interesting little Pokémon.

"Goodbye and good luck Mon'Ami, I hope to meet you and Tyrunt again one day," Wyatt finishes, and with a final wave disappears into the crowd...

Schala: Not feeling at all comfortable at the thought of leaving Tyrunt behind by sneakily fleeing the scene you come up with an alternative plan, but upon announcing your intent to leave due to the time Tyrunt's eyes fill with panic. It looks to you, then to Airmid, then to Wyatt, yourself and Airmid again. Then, slowly and deliberately, Tyrunt steps in front of Airmid and shakes its head.

"Oh dear," Wyatt murmurs, rightly concerned by Tyrunt's possessive display. "It seems Tyrunt is quite attached to Airmid and doesn't want her to leave," he notes, biting his bottom lip while trying to process the situation.

Airmid just smiles and picks up the new garland she has finished, completely oblivious to Tyrunt's demeanour, and wraps the floral trinket around its wrist with a flourish. A royal bracelet to match Tyrunt's royal crown! Tyrunt proceeds to inspect its lovely new accessory from several different angles, delighted with its new and important stature.

"That is a lovely bracelet Tyrunt, may I see?" Wyatt asks, hoping to break the ice.

"Wraaar-RAR!" Tyrunt replies, growling at Wyatt with a menacing glare.

"That's ok," Wyatt replies with a wary smile while Airmid nods at your instruction, sitting at the ready and prepared to send the little dino to sleep if need be. "I have a friend who is pretty good at weaving as well," Wyatt continues, reaching for a Pokéball attached to his belt. "He used to weave the reeds by our home to make hats and other knick knacks for the local children. They all loved his creations," Wyatt smiles, releasing a Lombre who looks curiously around at the group of people all now focused on him. "Why don't you show Tyrunt what you can do, Lombre?" he asks, hoping the distraction will take Tyrunt's focus off of Airmid.

"Trrrr..." Tyrunt growls softly, its eyes narrowing as it studies the new Pokémon curiously. This dopey looking creature couldn't possibly create the same works of art as Tyrunt's new friend. Who does this guy think he is, telling Tyrunt stories like that! Nevertheless, Tyrunt takes a few steps forward when Lombre collects a bunch and reeds from the pond and sits down to begin expertly weaving them together, its attentions definitely shifted by this time.

Pumpkaboo appears relieved that it doesn't need to fight Tyrunt right now, and if all goes well it shouldn't need to. It has no objection to you holding it either, happily snuggling into your embrace as you prepare to continue on. Airmid yawns widely, making a little show of being tired as it's getting so late, an action that upsets Tyrunt as it still isn't prepared to allow its new friend to leave.

"Tyrrrrr," it growls again, seemingly unaware that its hostility isn't passing on the desired heart-warming, 'But I really don't want you to go' message Tyrunt would like to convey.

Uncomfortable with Tyrunt's behaviour Pumpkaboo wriggles a bit and Tyrunt's eyes lock onto it, the little dinosaur seeing Pumpkaboo as the enemy. The only thing in the way of it and its new best friend. You can feel the Pumpkin Pokémon stirring some more as it's sensing a battle is on the horizon but you're hoping it won't come to that when Tyrunt takes several running steps forward and starts gnashing its frightening jaws at you. Airmid and Pumpkaboo both react, Airmid sending a bunch of Spores wafting Tyrunt's way while a streak of bright light erupts from Pumpkaboo. The Confuse Ray has the desired effect of confusing Tyrunt but now it can't seem to figure out who to attack first and runs for Wyatt who squeals rather girly-like and scrambles up the nearest tree. Tyrunt runs after him, effectively evading the cloud of spores that waft on over the nearby pond while Tyrunt is scratching and clawing at the tree trunk, growling at Wyatt who it seemingly wants to tear to shreds. Lombre takes it all in his stride, watching the scene with a grin. How he's so confident nothing will happen to his trainer is anyone's guess but Airmid and Pumpkaboo aren't quite as convinced as the Jolly Pokémon who continues to weave whilst enjoying some light entertainment. Airmid readies herself to continue battling but Pumpkaboo seems to want to take on this fight and leaps to the ground with a "Pumpka-boo!''

It seems Pumpkaboo is prepared to fight to protect you, but can you really expect it to do that for you when you've only just met? Airmid then takes her place next to Pumpkaboo, the two Pokémon awaiting your instructions...
Old 06-23-2015, 10:36 PM   #285
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:
Schala: Not feeling at all comfortable at the thought of leaving Tyrunt behind by sneakily fleeing the scene you come up with an alternative plan, but upon announcing your intent to leave due to the time Tyrunt's eyes fill with panic. It looks to you, then to Airmid, then to Wyatt, yourself and Airmid again. Then, slowly and deliberately, Tyrunt steps in front of Airmid and shakes its head.

"Oh dear," Wyatt murmurs, rightly concerned by Tyrunt's possessive display. "It seems Tyrunt is quite attached to Airmid and doesn't want her to leave," he notes, biting his bottom lip while trying to process the situation.

Airmid just smiles and picks up the new garland she has finished, completely oblivious to Tyrunt's demeanour, and wraps the floral trinket around its wrist with a flourish. A royal bracelet to match Tyrunt's royal crown! Tyrunt proceeds to inspect its lovely new accessory from several different angles, delighted with its new and important stature.

"That is a lovely bracelet Tyrunt, may I see?" Wyatt asks, hoping to break the ice.

"Wraaar-RAR!" Tyrunt replies, growling at Wyatt with a menacing glare.

"That's ok," Wyatt replies with a wary smile while Airmid nods at your instruction, sitting at the ready and prepared to send the little dino to sleep if need be. "I have a friend who is pretty good at weaving as well," Wyatt continues, reaching for a Pokéball attached to his belt. "He used to weave the reeds by our home to make hats and other knick knacks for the local children. They all loved his creations," Wyatt smiles, releasing a Lombre who looks curiously around at the group of people all now focused on him. "Why don't you show Tyrunt what you can do, Lombre?" he asks, hoping the distraction will take Tyrunt's focus off of Airmid.

"Trrrr..." Tyrunt growls softly, its eyes narrowing as it studies the new Pokémon curiously. This dopey looking creature couldn't possibly create the same works of art as Tyrunt's new friend. Who does this guy think he is, telling Tyrunt stories like that! Nevertheless, Tyrunt takes a few steps forward when Lombre collects a bunch and reeds from the pond and sits down to begin expertly weaving them together, its attentions definitely shifted by this time.

Pumpkaboo appears relieved that it doesn't need to fight Tyrunt right now, and if all goes well it shouldn't need to. It has no objection to you holding it either, happily snuggling into your embrace as you prepare to continue on. Airmid yawns widely, making a little show of being tired as it's getting so late, an action that upsets Tyrunt as it still isn't prepared to allow its new friend to leave.

"Tyrrrrr," it growls again, seemingly unaware that its hostility isn't passing on the desired heart-warming, 'But I really don't want you to go' message Tyrunt would like to convey.

Uncomfortable with Tyrunt's behaviour Pumpkaboo wriggles a bit and Tyrunt's eyes lock onto it, the little dinosaur seeing Pumpkaboo as the enemy. The only thing in the way of it and its new best friend. You can feel the Pumpkin Pokémon stirring some more as it's sensing a battle is on the horizon but you're hoping it won't come to that when Tyrunt takes several running steps forward and starts gnashing its frightening jaws at you. Airmid and Pumpkaboo both react, Airmid sending a bunch of Spores wafting Tyrunt's way while a streak of bright light erupts from Pumpkaboo. The Confuse Ray has the desired effect of confusing Tyrunt but now it can't seem to figure out who to attack first and runs for Wyatt who squeals rather girly-like and scrambles up the nearest tree. Tyrunt runs after him, effectively evading the cloud of spores that waft on over the nearby pond while Tyrunt is scratching and clawing at the tree trunk, growling at Wyatt who it seemingly wants to tear to shreds. Lombre takes it all in his stride, watching the scene with a grin. How he's so confident nothing will happen to his trainer is anyone's guess but Airmid and Pumpkaboo aren't quite as convinced as the Jolly Pokémon who continues to weave whilst enjoying some light entertainment. Airmid readies herself to continue battling but Pumpkaboo seems to want to take on this fight and leaps to the ground with a "Pumpka-boo!''

It seems Pumpkaboo is prepared to fight to protect you, but can you really expect it to do that for you when you've only just met? Airmid then takes her place next to Pumpkaboo, the two Pokémon awaiting your instructions...
Tyrunt definitely doesn't want to let Airmid go, especially after she gives it a bracelet in addition to the crown. Wyatt attempts to tempt the dinosaur away from Airmid with the promise of more crafts. While it still reacts negatively to Wyatt, the Tyrunt at least seems interested in his Lombre's abilities once the other Pokemon begins weaving.

Airmid gets the message, at least. And with Pumpkaboo secure in her arms, Tyrunt distracted, and Airmid preparing to put Tyrunt to sleep, Schala almost relaxes. Of course that's the cue for everything to go wrong.

The insinuation that Airmid is leaving sets the dinosaur Pokemon off again, pulling its attention away from the weaving Lombre. The display of aggression makes Pumpkaboo react enough that the focus of the aggression lands straight on Schala and the Pokemon in her arms, and Pumpkaboo reacts faster than Airmid does. Confuse Ray hits its mark. Spore doesn't.

Why can't things just go the way I planned? Schala laments.

Tyrunt, confused, redirects its anger at Wyatt, and trees him. Lombre doesn't seem interested in helping Wyatt, and Schala definitely wasn't going to leave him stuck in a tree with an angry Pokemon under it while his own Pokemon simply watched and wove reeds. Luckily, both Airmid and Pumpkaboo look determined to help. It's certainly gotten to the point where few options remain. Schala just hopes that the two Pokemon can end this quickly without getting hurt.

Schala is familiar with the myriad of moves Airmid has, but she realizes that she has little idea what moves Pumpkaboo knows. Though there had been a few that she thought she recognized earlier in their encounter...

"Er...Pumpkaboo, can you use Astonish on the Tyrunt?" Schala asked. Hopefully the attack would not only get Tyrunt's attention away from Wyatt, but also prevent it from immediately retaliating.

"Airmid, I think we'll have to use a different method to put your friend to sleep. How about a Substitute and then Drain Punch once Pumpkaboo is clear? If that's not enough to put it out, try a face full of Stun Spore for some added incentive." Maybe the Substitute and Stun Spore would be enough to keep the confused fossil from hitting any of the actual Pokemon while they attacked. But just to be sure that Pumpkaboo didn't become a huge target, she turned back to the pumpkin and added. "And then duck behind the Substitute for cover while Airmid attacks, okay? If it still goes after you, you can slow it down with Scary Face and get out of the way, right?"

(Profile)
Old 06-24-2015, 12:18 AM   #286
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:
We need to close this event up so if you're nearly done now is the time to post otherwise you've lost your chance. If you're in either mine or Stark's groups and you've not replied in the next five days I will assume you're no longer active and proceed to finalise the event. Hope to see you soon!

jolteonjak: Frustrated at this latest turn of events you cannot believe what has just happened because now it feels like you're back at stage one and the last thing you need is to start all over again. It seems your entire party are sharing your thoughts and nobody even needs to stop to discuss the matter - you all race right off into the zone after Tyrunt! Several times you catch sight of it ahead as it races madly throughout the habitat, dodging Bunnelby holes and trying to bash Clauncher off against any sizeable object it passes, but then you'll lose sight of it as it dashes through tall grass. Luckily Tyrunt isn't focusing on taking evasive action so its easy enough to track and pretty soon you're just metres behind it. Ledyba manages with a burst of speed to get right up close and let loose a String Shot that snares Tyrunt around the legs and puts an immediate stop to its mad dash, but unfortunately not its mad mood.

Tyrunt falls face first into the ground with a muffled, angry roar, also hurting Clauncher as it is still refusing to let go of Tyrunt which is now a tad annoying as it's just getting in the way of things. Clauncher is looking a lot weaker though so perhaps it won't take too much more to force it to release its vice-like grip on the angry little dinosaur. Wyatt is standing by ready to lend assistance but your team seem to have it covered so he watches while Ledyba moves in again, this time aiming a Mach Punch not for Tyrunt, but for Clauncher! His energy charged fist slams Clauncher square in the right eye, the resulting scream making all present squirm with discomfort. Even Tyrunt, who feels no pity for the little crustacean, winced at that one. It's done the trick though, with Clauncher finally letting go of Tyrunt and dropping to the ground in agony.

Tyrunt is still angry though, and seeing its attacker laying there ready to be eaten it wastes no time in making its move. Luckily you've been watching though, and have been ready and waiting for this moment, and without skipping a beat throw the Safari Ball that taps Tyrunt on the head just as its massive jaw is about to split Clauncher right open. Tyrunt de-materialises as it's sucked inside, its eyes opening wide with surprise, but it's not giving in easily. It fights the capture, the ball dropping to the ground and shaking once, twice, three times. Then four, five, six. Wondering if this is even going to work you don't even notice you've stopping breathing for seven, eight, and then after a very long nine the ball makes a distinctive, "Ping!" and the light turns green indicating your successful capture of the Lv.5 male Tyrunt.

"Well done!" Wyatt grins, with a congratulatory slap on the back. "I've seen some captures in my time but I must say this would have to be the most memorable," he continues, shaking his head in wonder. "You're definitely going to have your work cut out for you with this little one, he'll be wanting to eat you out of house and home," he chuckles, quite clearly relieved it is you and not he who has to worry about that.

You then note a slight change in Wyatt's expression and realise you're down to the business end of the safari now the fun part is over. You have what you came here for so it is time to leave and let others follow in your footsteps.

"Now that you have caught your Pokémon our time together has come to an end," Wyatt eventually says, disappointed. "It is a shame we've not had more time to get to know one another but for now it is farewell." Exchanging your contact details while you walk you soon find yourselves back at the entrance to Wyatt's habitat where you've just met one very rare and interesting little Pokémon.

"Goodbye and good luck Mon'Ami, I hope to meet you and Tyrunt again one day," Wyatt finishes, and with a final wave disappears into the crowd...

Chad, Wyatt, Ledyba, and Taran gave chase to the fleeing Tyrunt. It was running quite fast for something in such considerable pain thanks to Clauncher. Clauncher’s actions were a bit comical at first, but now, it was becoming a nuisance. Luckily Ledyba was able to ensnare the Royal Heir Pokémon’s legs preventing much more movement. It actually trips Tyrunt, hurting it and Clauncher. “I’m glad we were able to resuscitate Clauncher, and I understand its anger,” Chad remarked at the scene after finally catching up to the Pokémon, “but this Clauncher is now just annoying.”

Ledyba must have been feeling the frustration caused by Clauncher as well, because the Mach Punch Chad ordered on Tyrunt actually hit Clauncher instead. Whether it was a shock to the Water Gun Pokémon, or it was once again getting weak from being out of the water so soon after recuperating; the punch from Ledyba caused not only Clauncher to cry out in pain, but it released its vice-grip on Tyrunt and fell to the ground. “I don’t know about you Wyatt, but after all the time we spent trying to help that Clauncher, I found that a little funny.” It probably wasn’t the smartest thing to say, but Chad was almost at a breaking point himself.

Tyrunt immediately turned to Clauncher laying on the ground again, and it started to close in on it. After all the pain it caused, Tyrunt was still hungry for Clauncher. This time though, Chad was prepared, and he threw his Safari Ball at Tyrunt. Just before it could even touch Clauncher, it was swallowed up by the capture beam of this Pokeball.

The Safari Ball wobbled on the ground, as Tyrunt fought the capture tooth and nail. Chad, Ledyba, and Taran all watched eagerly for what seemed like hours. He eventually began to hold his breath in anticipation. Finally, the Safari Ball stopped wobbling, and the familiar ding of a successful capture notified everyone that Tyrunt was captured. “Excellent!” Chad ran over and picked up the Safari Ball. “This Tyrunt will be a force to be reckoned with I’m sure.”

"Well done!" Wyatt smiled, and he gave Chad a slap on the back. Chad blushed. "I've seen some captures in my time, but I must say this would have to be the most memorable," he continued. "You're definitely going to have your work cut out for you with this little one, he'll be wanting to eat you out of house and home," he chuckled. Chad laughed too.

“I think you’re right buddy. I’ll definitely have to stock up on meat and most likely fish.” Chad walked over to Ledyba and knelt down showing him the Safari Ball. “Ledyba, you were fantastic! I’m so impressed how strong you’ve gotten lately. I can’t thank you enough for all of your hard work today.” He pat Ledyba on the head. He reached his hand up to his head for Taran to jump on. “You too Taran. You were just as helpful. Marion got your training off to a great start. Thank you.”

All of a sudden Ledyba began to glow. The faint blue glow engulfed his whole body. His body changed slightly, getting a little bigger and more slender at the same time. His bottom-most appendages formed distinctly into feet. His antennae grew out a little longer. When the glowing faded, Chad could tell Ledyba had changed. Even his eyes looked like he was wearing sunglasses. “Ledi, Led Ledian,” he said.

“Ledian?” Chad took out his Pokedex and scanned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex
Ledian, the Five Star Pokémon, and the evolved form of Ledyba. In the daytime when it gets warm, Ledian curls up inside a big leaf and drifts off into a deep slumber. The star patterns on its back grow larger or smaller depending on the number of stars in the night sky.
“Congratulations Ledian!” Chad hugged his friend. “You definitely deserved this.” Ledian, excitedly began to throw punches. His four fists glowed, a dull orange light a first; and each fist progressively got brighter as he threw more punches. “Wow, is that a new attack?” Chad looked at his Pokedex one more time. “It seems you’ve learned Power-Up Punch. That’s excellent!” Chad tapped his fist to one of Ledian’s.

The congratulatory look on Wyatt’s face changed somewhat, as they both realized the Friend Safari adventure had to come to a close.

"Now that you have caught your Pokémon our time together has come to an end," Wyatt said, disappointed. "It is a shame we've not had more time to get to know one another but for now it is farewell."

“I agree Wyatt.” Chad, too, was a little disappointed. “It doesn’t have to end though, let’s exchange contact information.” Chad and Wyatt walked back to the entrance to the Safari speaking a little along the way. Ledian hovered behind them. He could tell Chad was a little sad, and it caused him to feel sad as well. Once they reached the entrance, “I guess this is the end of the line bud. Do keep in touch, Wyatt. It was a pleasure meeting you. Don’t forget to keep any other Tyrunt you have with you well fed!” He winked at Wyatt.

"Goodbye and good luck Mon'Ami, I hope to meet you and Tyrunt again one day," Wyatt replied, and with a final wave disappears into the crowd…

Stats
OOC: Claiming a Lv.5 M Tyrunt.
Thank you Tess! Thank you Stark for starting this off!
Old 06-28-2015, 10:19 PM   #287
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Jean's Friend Safari - Please reply in silver

Itzatrap: Answering Jean's question you realise as you are talking that you really are happy with your life at the moment. You're living the dream, and have very little to complain about, so life at the moment is pretty darned awesome, even if that little fact isn't always glaringly obvious. Upon first discovering Helioptile you cannot say you're not at all curious, but something about this little Pokémon hasn't quite set off your trainer radar. As cute as the little Generator Pokémon is, you'd rather move on and see what other Pokémon are hiding away in here.

Continuing on, Jean obliges you by answering your question since you've already been quite open about your own travels. "I was born and bred in Kalos, the son of a Gym Leader and Pokémon Ranger," he replies, smiling fondly at the thought of his parents. "I grew up surrounded by strong, clever, well-trained Pokémon and am confident in my abilities to train any Pokémon I meet. I believe the rarity of a Pokémon is of little importance as it is the heart that matters, so I have a variety of Pokémon on my team, most relatively easy to find."

You are soon confronted by an eerie-looking Pokémon, however, that appears out of nowhere to block your path. "Wow, that's a Phantump!" Jean exclaims. "They're not the most common of Pokémon, but I suppose they're easy enough to find if you're looking in the right place. Phamtump are said to be tree stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest. Perhaps you find this Pokémon a little more interesting?"
"Wow. Kalos? Gym Leader and Pokémon Ranger parents? Interesting...." the trainer thought to himself as Jean then continued to talk about his team, Rob nodding along as he did. The thought of having a team with a variety of Pokémon he met did sound like a tough challenge, one he truly admired, "Absolutely, Jean. I try do the same with my teammates, since they are all very special, but they all have the potential to be the strongest and best in their own way. While I did try to train most of the Pokémon I met, I felt some of the Pokémon I have looked after wouldn't be able to develop their skills and themselves to the best of their abilities had they stayed with me so I had to leave them with people I thought capable of bringing out the best of them. I have to say though, while I want to train as many different kinds of Pokémon as I can, Fire type Pokémon do have a special place in my heart."

Before he could continue to ask Jean a question about his parents and, more importantly to the young traveler, of the land that is called Kalos, a mysterious floating tree stump appeared in front of them which Jean briefly introduced.

"Oh my! That sounds very...interesting indeed. Phantump, right? Sadly, I don't think I'm quite ready to deal with what you have described of it just yet." While the Pokémon looked very cool, there was something in that description that was creepy to say the least. Maybe one day he would think differently, but for now, he would hopefully continue to explore for other Pokémon that caught his eye.

The trainer slowly approached the Pokémon blocking their way with his purple furry companion right beside him, "Hello there, Phantump! I'm sorry to bother you, but could we please get by you?" "Veno-nat, Veno-nat." Kuri added meekly, trying to add that the group was just passing by. "Yeah, we are just looking around really, so it would be greatly appreciated if you could let us through," he said with what hopefully appeared to be a non threatening smile.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:38 AM   #288
Rakurai
Boulder Badge

Quote:

Rakurai: It's over and you all know it, Amaura included. It knows you could take this battle one step further if you wish but despite Amaura's insistence that you take this all the way your choice not to take that final step has given it some insight into the kind of person you are. Flandre is not impressed, though there is a part of her that is happy Amarua is still conscious so it can watch her take pleasure in her win. The glint in Amaura's eye tells her this is not over though, as there is still plenty of time ahead to set the events of today right. Calling Flandre off, you turn to Amaura with Chantelle's Safari Ball in hand and promise the little blue dino that you'll help to make it stronger. Perhaps even strong enough to beat Flandre some day. At the sound of both Flandre and Tia scoffing at this idea the competitive glint in Amaura's eye is unmistakeable. Trounced today perhaps, but one day Amaura hopes an equilevel battle is in the cards for should that day come.... It smiles dreamily and nods, allowing you to draw the Lv.5 male Amarua inside of the Safari Ball.

"Congratulations Katsura! It is so exciting to have such a rare and wonderful Pokémon join you today!" Chantelle cries, flinging her arms around you. "I am sure Amaura will live up to all of your dreams and expectations!" Flushed with excitement Chantelle suddenly realises she's lost herself in the moment and pulls away from you, blushing furiously while desperately trying to compose herself. "Please forgive me," she giggles. "It is so easy to forget oneself at such times..."

Just then you hear a loud whistle and an explosion above, looking up to see the first of several fireworks going off in the darkening sky.

"I had not even realised it was getting so late," Chantelle notes, surprised. "It seems you have made your capture just in time," she smiles, looping her arm through yours as you all head back to the entrance of her zone.

"I've had such a lovely time today, Katsura, and hope you have too," Chantelle continues with a smile. "Perhaps one day we will meet again and you are able to show me how strong Amaura, Flandre, and Kia have become."

With fireworks lighting up the sky the two of you exchange contact details as the event closes up, Chantelle giving you a friendly hug before turning and disappearing into the crowd with one final wave...
With a nod of its head and a smile, the Amaura had acknowledged Katsura's words before it was pulled inside the Safari Ball. It was officially one of his Pokemon now, and that being the case, it, or he, rather, needed a name. "He seems an awful lot like Flandre. Proud and stubborn." the trainer thought to himself. "That's kind of how I'd imagine a spoiled little prince to be, so maybe something royal sounding would be good..."

Before his train of thought could progress any further, though, it was derailed by a rather sudden outburst of joy from Chantelle. "Congratulations Katsura! It is so exciting to have such a rare and wonderful Pokémon join you today! I am sure Amaura will live up to all of your dreams and expectations!", she exclaimed joyfully as she threw her arms around him. He froze up and gritted his teeth in an extremely awkward smile (If you could even call it that), not at all accustomed to close contact with the opposite gender, while his two Pokemon tilted their heads curiously, not familiar with his strange behavior.

Chantelle soon realized on her own that she had gotten rather lost in the moment, and withdrew, looking quite embarrassed with herself as she apologized. "Please forgive me. It is so easy to forget oneself at such times..." she giggled. "Uh... It's fine. I can relate.", Katsura replied, his face equally red as he rubbed the back of his head bashfully.

It was then that he heard the whistle of fireworks launching into the sky, and the lot of them turned their heads skyward to watch as the first of them burst in the evening sky. "I had not even realised it was getting so late," Chantelle noted, surprised. "It seems you have made your capture just in time". She smiled before looping her arm through his, eliciting yet another awkward expression from him, though he opted to simply play along for her sake as they headed back to the entrance of the zone.

"I've had such a lovely time today, Katsura, and hope you have too," Chantelle continued with a smile. "Perhaps one day we will meet again and you are able to show me how strong Amaura, Flandre, and Tia have become."

"Yeah. Maybe by then, they'll be all grown up." Katsura replied. "Hopefully both in body and mind..." His eyes shifted to Flandre as he muttered those words, though the Charmander was oblivious to what he was getting at, and gleefully nodded her head in agreement with him, making Tia seem to giggle to herself a little before doing the same.

After a brief exchange of contact information, the time for them to part ways had come. Chantelle opted to give him a friendly hug before she left, though he found himself unable to reciprocate the show of affection, and simply waved her goodbye as she disappeared into the crowd. Flandre and Tia were again eying him curiously, seemingly wanting for an explanation for his behavior. "I'm just not used being around girls, okay?", he stammered to them with a red face. "Human girls, that is." The two nodded their heads in understanding, before turning their attention skyward to watch the fireworks.

"The night is young, so I guess we can stick around a little while longer.", he said to them, before throwing his arms behind his head and joining them in watching the fireworks. He always made sure to cherish moments like these with his Pokemon, for he knew too well how suddenly fate could take a turn for the worst. After a moment of contemplation, he reached down into his bag for the Safari Ball containing his new Amaura, and held it up before his face with a single hand. "I won't break my promise to you...Leon." he whispered...

OOC: I hope I'm not too late to reply. I've had a really busy week, but thanks for picking up the updates, in any case.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:45 AM   #289
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Jean's Friend Safari - Please reply in silver

Itzatrap: Fascinated by Jean's background and wondering what it would be like for him growing up with such influential parents, you'd love to find out more but the eerie little Phantump in your path is sending an unpleasant shiver up your spine. While it's certainly interesting enough, and definitely cool in its own right, this Pokémon is a little too creepy for your liking and at this point in time and you know this is not the kind of Pokémon you're wanting to take on.

"That's sure understandable," Jean chuckles, not at all surprised by your decision to move along. It takes a certain type of person to connect with some ghost types, and Phantump is a particularly challenging Pokémon and not to everyone's taste. "We certainly have more for you to see so let us continue on."

Phantump moves aside at your request, it's oval red eyes staring blankly as you walk by, and you can't help but wonder what it must be thinking. In fact, what kind of thoughts would enter the mind of a Pokémon possessed by the spirits of dead children? It's not really a train of thought you want to be pursuing though so you look at the path ahead wondering what else this enticing little area has to offer.

"So where were we?" Jean muses, ready to pick up your conversation but he's no sooner uttered these words when you spy a lavender bat-like Pokémon flitting from branch to branch amongst a small grove of trees just ahead.

"That is a Noibat, strangely classified as a dual Flying and Dragon type," Jean explains. "They are cute little Pokémon, but don't let its appearance fool you. They're tough little critters and could teach an old dog a thing or two. This particular one is quite friendly and very curious about the world which is why I brought it along on safari, hoping it can meet the right trainer to join and travel the world with."

As he finishes speaking the Noibat notices the two of you approaching and screeches happily, flitting over to perch on Jean's shoulder from where it has the perfect viewpoint to check you over, its large yellow eyes taking in every detail of both you and Kuri who is not quite sure how to react to when Noibat flits down to the ground to introduce itself.

"I believe it is summing you up as a possible travel partner already!" Jean laughs. "What better way to find out what kind of trainer you are than to ask your Pokémon?"

Noibat is eager for sure, but the million dollar question is are you as intrigued with Noibat as the little Sound Wave Pokémon is with you and Kuri?

Schala: With total chaos erupting all around your frustration rises with the realisation that not everything will always go to plan, particularly when there are so many elements to take into consideration and Tyrunt being one hell of a wild card. Lombre's supposed indifference is most definitely irritating, so you concentrate on helping Wyatt for the time being and then figure take it one step at a time from there. Pumpkaboo seems to be waiting on your instruction, and having recognised a few moves it had performed earlier, you ask it to please Astonish Tyrunt hoping to take its focus off of Wyatt.

"Pumpkaboo!" the spectral pumpkin cries, delighted that you are taking it up on its offer of assistance and without a moments hesitation it moves in to do just that, surprising Tyrunt with a tackle-like move just hard enough to knock it away from the tree. Tyrunt stumbles, looking confused, and sets its sights anew, this time on Pumpkaboo. The Pumpkin Pokémon utters a litte, "Uh-oh," but stands its ground while Airmid creates a Substitute of herself to take the focus away from Pumpkaboo. Tyrunt doesn't want to attack Airmid though, so while Tyrunt stares at her replica in a confused daze it finds itself being quite surprised to feel a Draining Punch coming at it from the side. The little dino crashes to the ground with an audible "humpf", knocked out of its confusion, and looks around for its attacker.

Tyrunt renews its focus on Pumpkaboo, completely unwilling to believe that Airmid could have had anything to do with attacking it like that and so ignores her Substitute instead baring its frightening teeth and growling as ferociously as a baby can. Unfazed, Pumpkaboo watches on while the little dino scratches its large clawed feet on the ground, then when it starts moving in pulls the Scariest Face the pumpkin can muster transforming it from one of the cutest things you've ever seen into a rather unnerving and formidable opponent. Tyrunt rethinks its position, but too late, and trips in its momentary lapse of concentration, falling down with another pained, "thwump". Lifting its head it looks into Airmid's eyes only to be blasted with a face full of Stun Spore that has it gasping for breath.

Wyatt leaps down from the tree to race to the little dino's aide, but Tyrunt is pretty peeved at this very moment in time and gnashes out right as Wyatt reaches down to help him. You all watch in horror as the unspeakable is about to happen, but just as Wyatt's hand is about to be taken off by an angry little dinosaur, Tyrunt is suddenly yanked backward and into the air by a mysterious Grass Knot and left dangling upside down where Lombre then drenches him with a Bubblebeam to the face. Tyrunt suddenly stops struggling and Lombre sets him down, scolding him for his behaviour. Everyone is here to make friends, not to fight. Airmid has befriended him, Wyatt has tried to be friends with him, and the trainer and her Pumpkaboo have tried to be friends too. What is Tyrunt trying to do?

While Pumpkaboo smiles proudly at being called your Pokémon and returns to your arms for more cuddles, you and Wyatt look on not really understanding all of the Pokétalk, just noting that whatever Lombre had said has definitely had some kind of impact on Tyrunt. It bows its head, shamefaced, and is far too embarrassed to look anyone in the eye, least of all Airmid. Lombre isn't finished though, and whips out the finished product of his weaving, a royal sceptre to accompany the lovely crown and bracelet Airmid had made for him. All else aside, Tyrunt's eyes boggle as it accepts Lombre's gift and turns to Airmid who returns Tyrunt's smile.

"Well now it really is getting late," Wyatt interrupts, gazing up at the darkening sky before turning to you apologetically. "I am so very sorry today's outing has played out so badly. I was really hoping we would have a chance to get to know one another, and that your experience here will be a positive one, but it's just been one hurdle after another with everything going so horribly wrong. I pray that one day you can forgive me for the mess I have made of today and allow me to make it up to you.

"One thing is certain," Wyatt continues, his gaze turning to Tyrunt. "If you are not interested in taking Tyrunt with you I will remove him from the tour and make a point of training him myself. He is a challenge I am not familiar with, and most definitely needs strong guidance. If you feel you can take him on you are welcome, or perhaps you prefer something a little more affectionate?" he smiles, noting how comfortable Pumpkaboo has made itself in your arms. "We do have a little time left though, so if you'd like to continue on we can look for some other Pokémon..."
Old 09-17-2015, 04:10 PM   #290
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:

Schala: With total chaos erupting all around your frustration rises with the realisation that not everything will always go to plan, particularly when there are so many elements to take into consideration and Tyrunt being one hell of a wild card. Lombre's supposed indifference is most definitely irritating, so you concentrate on helping Wyatt for the time being and then figure take it one step at a time from there. Pumpkaboo seems to be waiting on your instruction, and having recognised a few moves it had performed earlier, you ask it to please Astonish Tyrunt hoping to take its focus off of Wyatt.

"Pumpkaboo!" the spectral pumpkin cries, delighted that you are taking it up on its offer of assistance and without a moments hesitation it moves in to do just that, surprising Tyrunt with a tackle-like move just hard enough to knock it away from the tree. Tyrunt stumbles, looking confused, and sets its sights anew, this time on Pumpkaboo. The Pumpkin Pokémon utters a litte, "Uh-oh," but stands its ground while Airmid creates a Substitute of herself to take the focus away from Pumpkaboo. Tyrunt doesn't want to attack Airmid though, so while Tyrunt stares at her replica in a confused daze it finds itself being quite surprised to feel a Draining Punch coming at it from the side. The little dino crashes to the ground with an audible "humpf", knocked out of its confusion, and looks around for its attacker.

Tyrunt renews its focus on Pumpkaboo, completely unwilling to believe that Airmid could have had anything to do with attacking it like that and so ignores her Substitute instead baring its frightening teeth and growling as ferociously as a baby can. Unfazed, Pumpkaboo watches on while the little dino scratches its large clawed feet on the ground, then when it starts moving in pulls the Scariest Face the pumpkin can muster transforming it from one of the cutest things you've ever seen into a rather unnerving and formidable opponent. Tyrunt rethinks its position, but too late, and trips in its momentary lapse of concentration, falling down with another pained, "thwump". Lifting its head it looks into Airmid's eyes only to be blasted with a face full of Stun Spore that has it gasping for breath.

Wyatt leaps down from the tree to race to the little dino's aide, but Tyrunt is pretty peeved at this very moment in time and gnashes out right as Wyatt reaches down to help him. You all watch in horror as the unspeakable is about to happen, but just as Wyatt's hand is about to be taken off by an angry little dinosaur, Tyrunt is suddenly yanked backward and into the air by a mysterious Grass Knot and left dangling upside down where Lombre then drenches him with a Bubblebeam to the face. Tyrunt suddenly stops struggling and Lombre sets him down, scolding him for his behaviour. Everyone is here to make friends, not to fight. Airmid has befriended him, Wyatt has tried to be friends with him, and the trainer and her Pumpkaboo have tried to be friends too. What is Tyrunt trying to do?

While Pumpkaboo smiles proudly at being called your Pokémon and returns to your arms for more cuddles, you and Wyatt look on not really understanding all of the Pokétalk, just noting that whatever Lombre had said has definitely had some kind of impact on Tyrunt. It bows its head, shamefaced, and is far too embarrassed to look anyone in the eye, least of all Airmid. Lombre isn't finished though, and whips out the finished product of his weaving, a royal sceptre to accompany the lovely crown and bracelet Airmid had made for him. All else aside, Tyrunt's eyes boggle as it accepts Lombre's gift and turns to Airmid who returns Tyrunt's smile.

"Well now it really is getting late," Wyatt interrupts, gazing up at the darkening sky before turning to you apologetically. "I am so very sorry today's outing has played out so badly. I was really hoping we would have a chance to get to know one another, and that your experience here will be a positive one, but it's just been one hurdle after another with everything going so horribly wrong. I pray that one day you can forgive me for the mess I have made of today and allow me to make it up to you.

"One thing is certain," Wyatt continues, his gaze turning to Tyrunt. "If you are not interested in taking Tyrunt with you I will remove him from the tour and make a point of training him myself. He is a challenge I am not familiar with, and most definitely needs strong guidance. If you feel you can take him on you are welcome, or perhaps you prefer something a little more affectionate?" he smiles, noting how comfortable Pumpkaboo has made itself in your arms. "We do have a little time left though, so if you'd like to continue on we can look for some other Pokémon..."
Pumpkaboo goes after Tyrunt with little hesitation, and Airmid isn't far behind. While Tyrunt is determined to focus on the ghost type, Airmid's Substitute does manage to cause some confusion in the dinosaur, and between Airmid's attacks and a timely Scary Face from Pumpkaboo, Tyrunt is kept too busy to attack, and Wyatt is able to escape the tree.

His concern for the little fossil almost loses him a hand, however. Schala can only look on fearfully when sharp teeth snap towards him as he reaches out to help. Luckily, Lombre finally gets involved, and Tyrunt ends up hanging upside down and soaked while Lombre verbally lets it have it. At least, that's what Schala thinks is happening, given how contrite and ashamed the dinosaur looks the longer Lombre goes on.

Pumpkaboo seems rather happy with the outcome of the incident and returns to Schala's arms. The trainer is content to hold onto the pumpkin Pokemon, relieved that both it and Airmid escaped unscathed, and that Wyatt is unharmed.

Lombre finishes the tirade by giving Tyrunt a matching sceptre to go with Airmid's crown, and with the smiles between Airmid and Tyrunt, Schala finally starts to believe that everything is finally fine again.

Wyatt apologizes about the insanity of the outing, and Schala hastens to assure him. "Oh, you don't have to apologize! It certainly wasn't what I expected, and it was a bit stressful to say the least, but everyone is okay, and I learned a lot. If you really insist on making it up to me, then we'll have to get together sometime in the future to discuss all of our experiences and travels, alright?"

The mention of taking one of the Pokemon with her brings her up short. In all of the excitement, the purpose of this trip had slipped her mind. She gives the options some thought.

Tyrunt seems to be regretful of its actions, but she wasn't sure she could handle it, even if it behaved better after this. She wasn't confident enough as a trainer to tackle that particular challenge, especially after seeing the close call with Wyatt's hand.

And as for looking for other Pokemon? It was getting late, and she wasn't sure she could handle much more excitement today. Besides, it was hard to say no to the Pokemon snuggled happily in her arms.

Decided, she looked at Wyatt. "I think you would be a better fit for Tyrunt than I would." She admitted.

Finally, she glanced down at the Pokemon in her arms and asked. "So what do you say? Do you want to come with Airmid and I?"

She shifted Pumpkaboo in her arms so that she could fetch the Safari Ball that had been given to her at the start of the Safari and offered it to the ghost type, waiting for a response.

(Profile)
Old 09-20-2015, 11:02 PM   #291
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Schala: Finding the events of today to be far more stressful than enjoyable, the thought of continuing further into this zone isn't very appealing at all. Besides, it's been a long and harrowing day for all of you and you're quite sure everyone would like to rest up and call it a day. Wyatt seems a little disappointed but definitely understands and nods, looking rather dishevelled himself.

"I understand, and fully plan on taking you up on your offer to meet again one day. In fact I look forward to it," he smiles, his eyes falling to Tyrunt who is now standing by his side and curiously watching the exchange between you. "I must admit that I feel some intimidation in raising Tyrunt. He is very different to the Pokémon I am used to training but I feel quietly confident about our future together and will love to one day show you how much we've both grown over time."

Wyatt then looks to Pumpkaboo and watches while you shift the Pokémon in your arms to offer it your Safari Ball. The Pumpkin Pokémon's eyes light up and with an excited "Pumpkabooooo!" it accepts your offer, snuggling closer into your arms before allowing you to draw the Large Lv.5 female Pumpkaboo inside.

Airmid cheers, thrilled to have a new team mate, when she is approached by a very apologetic Tyrunt who very shyly offers Airmid a rather gory gift in one of its teeth that had been knocked loose during his battle. Perhaps Airmid can make a necklace out of it? She had made Tyrunt some very nice accessories after all, so this is a nice way to make it up to her? Isn't it?

"Well this is a Friend Safari so at least we've managed to fulfil our mission," Wyatt laughs, amused and impressed with Tyrunt's parting gift. "While I don't have any teeth to offer I hope you will use my contact details should you decide to visit Kalos," he continues, offering you his Pokédex so you're able to exchange trainer information.

A short time later you reach the exit gate and watch with some relief as fireworks light up the sky. With a smile Wyatt looks into your eyes and takes your hand. "Goodbye and good luck Mon'Amie, I look forward to meeting you again," he finishes, his lips barely brushing the back of your hand before he turns and and disappears into the crowd with a final wave...
Old 09-21-2015, 01:48 AM   #292
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:

Schala: Finding the events of today to be far more stressful than enjoyable, the thought of continuing further into this zone isn't very appealing at all. Besides, it's been a long and harrowing day for all of you and you're quite sure everyone would like to rest up and call it a day. Wyatt seems a little disappointed but definitely understands and nods, looking rather dishevelled himself.

"I understand, and fully plan on taking you up on your offer to meet again one day. In fact I look forward to it," he smiles, his eyes falling to Tyrunt who is now standing by his side and curiously watching the exchange between you. "I must admit that I feel some intimidation in raising Tyrunt. He is very different to the Pokémon I am used to training but I feel quietly confident about our future together and will love to one day show you how much we've both grown over time."

Wyatt then looks to Pumpkaboo and watches while you shift the Pokémon in your arms to offer it your Safari Ball. The Pumpkin Pokémon's eyes light up and with an excited "Pumpkabooooo!" it accepts your offer, snuggling closer into your arms before allowing you to draw the Large Lv.5 female Pumpkaboo inside.

Airmid cheers, thrilled to have a new team mate, when she is approached by a very apologetic Tyrunt who very shyly offers Airmid a rather gory gift in one of its teeth that had been knocked loose during his battle. Perhaps Airmid can make a necklace out of it? She had made Tyrunt some very nice accessories after all, so this is a nice way to make it up to her? Isn't it?

"Well this is a Friend Safari so at least we've managed to fulfil our mission," Wyatt laughs, amused and impressed with Tyrunt's parting gift. "While I don't have any teeth to offer I hope you will use my contact details should you decide to visit Kalos," he continues, offering you his Pokédex so you're able to exchange trainer information.

A short time later you reach the exit gate and watch with some relief as fireworks light up the sky. With a smile Wyatt looks into your eyes and takes your hand. "Goodbye and good luck Mon'Amie, I look forward to meeting you again," he finishes, his lips barely brushing the back of your hand before he turns and and disappears into the crowd with a final wave...

"I believe you will be a great trainer for Tyrunt, and I'll look forward to seeing how you've both grown and hearing all about it when we next meet." And she really does. For how brief the time she spent with Wyatt, it already feels like he is a close friend. It's a nice feeling, even if she's sad to be saying goodbye.

Pumpkaboo happily accepts the offer to join Schala's team, and enters the Safari Ball without a fuss. The slight nervousness that Pumpkaboo, despite how attached and happy she acted, would decide not to go with Schala and Airmid dissipates before it has a chance to take hold. For all of the trouble today, she has made new friends, and gained a new companion.

While Airmid celebrates the newest addition to the team, Tyrunt approaches her and bashfully offers her a tooth lost during the brief battle. Airmid takes it gleefully, and Schala can already see the gleam in her Shroomish's eyes that means there will be crafting in the near future. Airmid is likely already making plans. Schala makes a note to find something a little sturdier than the plants Airmid usually uses, so the tooth doesn't get lost.

Airmid gives Tyrunt a big smile. She's already forgiven her new friend's rudeness, but the gift was very sweet nonetheless.

"Yeah, I'd be happy to." Schala agrees as she watches the two Pokemon interact. She exchanges information with Wyatt, and wonders how different the Pokemon will be when they next meet. How different she and Wyatt will be. It feels like a hazy vision just out of her reach. She looks forward to it becoming reality.

The group heads for the exit in time to see fireworks brighten the dark sky. Wyatt says his goodbyes, and gives Schala a quick kiss on the back of her hand before leaving. Schala manages a quick "Goodbye!" and a wave before he disappears into the crowd.

She looks down at the new Pokeball at her belt, and then at Airmid.

"Come on, it's getting late, and we should introduce our new friend to everyone else, and get some things to make something nice with that gift you got."

And She thinks as they leave the crowd and the fireworks behind, I've got some things to think about, like my goals and what I'm going to do next.

It had been a day full of surprises and new experiences, after all.

(Profile)

OOC: Thank you, Tess and Stark, for a memorable first capture and a fun event!
Old 09-21-2015, 09:35 AM   #293
enchantress
Queen of the Night

As this event is all but complete I would like to thank you all for having taken part, I hope you've enjoyed your time here.

As of today Generation VI Pokémon can be encountered in zones and hatch from eggs.
(Only eggs picked up from today can hatch Gen VI Pokémon. An egg picked up last week will only hatch a Pokémon from Gen I - Gen V)

As Talon and Itzatrap have both expressed an interest in completing their adventure I'm happy to continue with you both as well as Stark upon his return, but this event is otherwise complete.

Au revoir, mes amis!

January 2017 Edit
As there have been no further replies, this event is now closed.

Last edited by enchantress; 01-05-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records