UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 10-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #51
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

I prefer the one day thing because I probably won't be able to take any time off in the winter. If there is other stuff you want to see in Boston, don't short yourself on account of me! Take as much time as you want.

Just don't use it as an excuse to skip AB. =3=

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #52
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

That's why we're pushing for out-of-NE people to come to AB instead. There'll be time outside the con to explore the city.
It's the opposite I'm afraid of: In my experience with conventions, I'm the kind who would like to go in all panels 'n' stuff so I get my money's worth and see as many things as I can :P Therefore: no time to explore outside ^^;
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosuser View Post
I prefer the one day thing because I probably won't be able to take any time off in the winter. If there is other stuff you want to see in Boston, don't short yourself on account of me! Take as much time as you want.
Hmmm, that's an idea: That I stay longer even though the party itself is just one day ^^
Quote:
Just don't use it as an excuse to skip AB. =3=
Problem is, I can only afford to go to only one of the parties ^^;

Heh, I'll sleep on it, we'll see what will come out of my silly head and what I'll do :P ^^

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #53
The Morg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
It's the opposite I'm afraid of: In my experience with conventions, I'm the kind who would like to go in all panels 'n' stuff so I get my money's worth and see as many things as I can :P Therefore: no time to explore outside ^^;
I'm the same way, which is why I like to use the day before the con to hang out and adventure with the people who are visiting. Plus, we'll probably go to some of the same panels and get dinner together, so enjoying the con doesn't totally cut you off.

I just wish everyone could come to both =3=

Old 10-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #54
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Holy shite that's on the entire other side of the continent! 0_o

If I can get a passport and tickets somehow, I'd totally go.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #55
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
I'm the same way, which is why I like to use the day before the con to hang out and adventure with the people who are visiting. Plus, we'll probably go to some of the same panels and get dinner together, so enjoying the con doesn't totally cut you off.

I just wish everyone could come to both =3=
Chris might also come to AB btw. I'll see if I can rope another friend in. She usually comes but since this year it's after school lets out I'm not sure if she will.

(Btw, if any gay guys are coming, my pal Chris is looking for a BF. ;O Probably prefer local though. ^^; )

I wish everyone could come to both too. =< The more the merrier. \o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
Holy shite that's on the entire other side of the continent! 0_o

If I can get a passport and tickets somehow, I'd totally go.
For which? Winter or AB? Keep in mind the winter one will likely only last a day, so AB is preferable for anyone making a long trip.
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #56
tau
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to tau
Okay I guess it doesn't matter since I didn't even make the guest list, but im not coming. aside from za crap, im limiting my interaction with the site from here on out, and i definitely won't be at this party thing. jusst lekting you know.
tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #57
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
Okay I guess it doesn't matter since I didn't even make the guest list, but im not coming. aside from za crap, im limiting my interaction with the site from here on out, and i definitely won't be at this party thing. jusst lekting you know.
Apologies, I asked for confirmation posts because I couldn't remember all who had mentioned they might attend in TO. x.X Sorry to hear you won't be coming. =(
Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #58
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Alright, well since the holidays/winter party is coming up, I'm wondering if things are getting ready for it! ^^ ...Even though I won't be participating in that one for sure One thing I thought of too: since it's around the holidays, air traffic must be horrible O.o

As for the other, AB one, it gets closer and closer to a yes I STILL haven't got confirmation from my friend about our vacation plans, but I did warn her about my trip to Boston so we surely work the vacation dates away from the AB ones

Old 12-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #59
The Morg

I'll be free starting in about a week. Who's going to be in the area? Pretty much any of the upcoming weekends will be good.

I also picked up some season passes for the Aquarium, so we can go there as often as we like. \o/ Only downside is that it is under construction until July, which means most of the penguins had to be moved out. :<

Old 12-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #60
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Luvdisc

Quote:
I'll be free starting in about a week. Who's going to be in the area? Pretty much any of the upcoming weekends will be good.

I also picked up some season passes for the Aquarium, so we can go there as often as we like. \o/ Only downside is that it is under construction until July, which means most of the penguins had to be moved out. :<
I'll be done with exams after tomorrow. Dunno if I'll stick around or head home immediately yet.

=< There are still some there at least, right?
Old 12-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #61
The Morg

The blue penguins are small enough that they were given a room with a bathtub and seem pretty content. The rest are gone, though.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #62
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Luvdisc

Quote:
The blue penguins are small enough that they were given a room with a bathtub and seem pretty content. The rest are gone, though.
Eee~ Blue penguins are the best anyway. \o/ And in a bathtub? Yes please!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #63
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

So is anyone still interested in getting together in the after New Years time period?

Incentive: You can possibly meet me! IRL!
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #64
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
So is anyone still interested in getting together in the after New Years time period?

Well it's too late for to me to take plans to go somewhere far for the holidays, so officially count me out for this one ^^;

As the one during the Anime Boston, however... that one's starting to look good on my side My friend cannot go to a vacation with me so I can do whatever I want, my family are sort of warned ahead of time (or at least I slowly started to introduce my plan of going there), and I got my updated passport! ^^ The only thing I need is there more peeps going to it, because there's no way I'm going there if there's nobody of FB coming I believe that conventions are made to go with friends, and me going miles away from home to go to a convention with nobody I know of... it doesn't feel fun or reassuring ^^; If I see a bunch of us goes to it though, I'll definitely sprint into buying plane tickets and reservations for the AB and hotels near the place! :P ^^

Old 12-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #65
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
I should be able to do Anime Boston.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #66
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post

As long as it's after December 30th and before January 9th, I should be able to come.

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
FB Affinity Avenue

Credit to Pengyzu for my user bar. Thank you!
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #67
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Luvdisc

How does Sunday on the 6th sound to everyone?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #68
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpinkcorsola View Post
I dunno since I'm not coming, but lilpink, you should maybe update the attendee list ^^; No rush though of course, it's just it'll be a reference for me to decide whenever I'll go to the AB one or not ^^

Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #69
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpinkcorsola View Post
I'll double check, but as far as I know the 6th is good for me.

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
FB Affinity Avenue

Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #70
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
I'm afraid I won't be able to make it, but Anime Boston seems much more likely. I'll keep you guys updated!

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #71
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

*checks AB website*
Ooo, so helpful! Info about transportation and hotels, yay! ^^

*checks hotels* *costs 1273,86$ US for a week's stay, special AB rate included*
...Ouch T-T Oh well, it's better gonna be worth it if I do come! :P *continues building budget*

Edit:
*quickly finished budget for AB*
Sooooo, calculating with the plane tickets (453,37$ the roud-trip), the convention pass itself (55$), the hotel (1273,86$ for 7 nights) and the food (20$ per meal, for 8 days) goes with a grand total of... 2,262.23$ for the whole thing O.O That's only slightly less expensive than going to Disney World for the same amount of time! Ok maybe 20$ a meal is too much, but that's my "safe price" with meals. Then again, that doesn't count the stuff I'll probably gonna buy (come on, can't leave without souvenirs and stuff I'll probably never get my hands on on my side of the border :P), and the other places I would like to visit on the other days after the AB... Oh well, that's a vacation for ya :P

Last edited by OkikuMew; 12-27-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #72
The Morg

Meetup or no, I'll be at AB anyways, since I happen to live nearby. =3=

I think I should also caution people that Boston hotels are ridiculously expensive. Even a weekend stay will probably cost you more than the flight. Best if you have a friend to come with you and split the cost. :V I usually go with big groups where people crowd into a room and sleep on the chairs or on the floor. \o/

I'm planning a trip to Montreal this summer and haven't decided if I want to fly, take a bus, or drive. Depending on where you are, you might be able to save some money if flying isn't totally necessary. AB have given approximate travel times for nearby cities in the past, and I think Montreal was 6 hours?

Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #73
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Meetup or no, I'll be at AB anyways, since I happen to live nearby. =3=
Woo, more AB peeps! ^^

Quote:
I think I should also caution people that Boston hotels are ridiculously expensive. Even a weekend stay will probably cost you more than the flight. Best if you have a friend to come with you and split the cost. :V I usually go with big groups where people crowd into a room and sleep on the chairs or on the floor. \o/
*looks at her budget* youdontsay.jpg
Seriously though, as much as I want to bring someone with me, I got nobody to bring since I'm the only one in my cope of irl friends/family/coworkers that wants to go to AB and have the budget for it in the first place ^^; So yeah, travelling alone ftl But it'll be fun with you guys around! ^^

Quote:
I'm planning a trip to Montreal this summer and haven't decided if I want to fly, take a bus, or drive. Depending on where you are, you might be able to save some money if flying isn't totally necessary. AB have given approximate travel times for nearby cities in the past, and I think Montreal was 6 hours?
Montreal, you say? :o Hey, I could meet you up there! XD

Anyways, driving there is already out of the question, I don't have a driver's licence ^^; (because in my situation I don't see the point of getting one, mind you. :P)

As for bus vs. plane, a Montreal-Boston bus trip seems to last about 7.5-8 hours and costs 60$, while a Montreal-Boston plane trip lasts only 1.5 hours and costs 160$. Hmmm, I'm normally someone how can stand long-lasting trips on the road, but these days with a few (but annoying) health issues in the way, it might be better for me to take a short albeit more expensive plane instead of a long and cheap bus I'll keep the buses in mind though

Old 01-03-2013, 02:12 AM   #74
The Morg

Could people who are going to be in the city on Sunday let me know what times you can be around? I'd like to make sure people who have larger commutes won't miss out. I vote we try to meet up by noon, but I'll let travelers take priority in this.

If we have a full day, our game plan could be bowling -> food -> museum, or museum -> food -> bowling, whichever people prefer! If not, we can just cut out one altogether.

If you want, you can also let me know of your preference for each of those venues!

Bowling:
I like bowling for meetups because it basically consists of friends sitting around a table chatting and occasionally getting up to throw a ball. I recommend candlepin, a chaotic variant that produces a level playing field for people without the strength/skill/interest in serious hardcore bowling. Two places that I visit:

Kings Back Bay:
Pros: very convenient location at Prudential on the Green Line
Cons: 21+ after 6 PM, no outside food or drink, no candlepin

Boston Bowl:
Pros: both normal and candlepin, family friendly, decent arcade
Cons: located in Dorchester, an area with a high crime rate. (You'll be fine taking the courtesy shuttle from JFK/UMass on the Red Line, and we can also go as a group if anyone is concerned.)

Food:
Incidentally, this may be the most expensive part of the adventure!

FuGaKyu Sushi:
Recommended by Marion! Seems like a classy place. I hope they let in peasants like me.

Fanueil Hall:
A hall with almost every type of food imaginable! Something everyone should experience at least once.

Cafeteria food:
As a backup plan, each of the museums and bowling venues have a cafeteria which is cheap and allows us to spend more time at those places rather than running around.

Museums:
I have memberships at both these locations, so our group's visit would be free. Both close at 5 PM I think.

Museum of Science:
We could easily spend the entire day here.

Aquarium:
Coverable in 1-2 hours, assuming you can pry Yuki away from the penguin window.

All ideas are welcome, and of course we can revisit any of these during Anime Boston week. =3=

Old 01-03-2013, 03:41 AM   #75
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I may need to do some last-minute scrambling to get a hotel for the night or a train ticket for the evening, but I should be able to work something out. My boyfriend decided to tell me last minute that he can't drive me back on the night of the 6th because he has obligations in Boston (ironically enough) that he needs to fulfill from the 7th onward. I'll either need a train ticket or a hotel room, but for one night I can manage either.

My vote still goes for FuGaKyu. Some of the best sushi I've had, for sure~ If you guys want to split a combo platter or something, I'm up for that. Might be cheaper than ordering individually depending on which platter we get. Splitting a Love Boat among us might be fun, too.

Either bowling venue is fine. I'm not picky.

I would prefer the Museum to the Aquarium, if only because I went to the Aquarium over the Summer and haven't been to the Museum of Science in awhile. It's a lot of fun!

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
FB Affinity Avenue

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out