UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Contest Hall Records

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Pichu Cute Contest - Normal Rank VI

Greetings, folks, and welcome to the sixth Normal Rank Cute Contest! Let’s say hello to our contestants!

Introducing…

Pearl’s Perap and his Gligar, Dana!
psychopath and his Squirtle, Valor!
Silver Wind and his Abra, Pathos!
Mewsic Box! and his Swinub, Matilda!
Treepandaone and his Castform, Nimbus!
SP-Eevee and her Ponyta, Katherine!
seakittenyfool and his Snover, Arctacea!
And finally, Stark and his Eevee!

Before we begin, here’s a quick reminder of how the scoring works:

1st move: 10
2nd move: 10
3rd move: 10
Creativity: 20
Overall Flow: 15
Overall Appearance (Audience's Reaction) : 25

The points your Pokémon earns in each category will be graded out of the number that is beside the category name above. At the end, the Pokémon’s total points earned will be divided by the maximum number of points the Pokémon could achieve. Also, remember that combos can help improve your school. For a detailed overview of the scoring system, please review the rules for the Cute Contest Hall.

If there are any questions, feel free to PM me. ^o^

Now, for our arena, we’ve got a huge treat in store for our little cuties. Today’s theme is Home Sweet Home. In the backdrop, we’ve constructed a real, life-size gingerbread house (there are a few replicas in storage ready to be wheeled in). The interior opens up so the audience can see inside the rooms, which are themselves decorated with lickable candy furniture. In the kitchen, there’s a table lined with gorgeous snacks and sweets: pastries, ice cream, chocolate bonbons, yum yum you name it, in every flavor and shape imaginable. There are also ingredients and utensils set aside, and an Easy Bake Oven in the corner if the contestant wants to try his or her own recipe. (Cute aprons/chef’s hats are also provided.) Outside, there’s even a chocolate fountain, and a small chocolate swimming pool with giant lifesaver candies and marshmallow floats. The trainer can also request a snowfall of powdered sugar to create a cozy wintry scene. <3

There’s a close-knit crowd today to preserve the homey atmosphere, meaning moves like CHARM, ATTRACT, GROWL, etc. will also work successfully. ^-~

Last but not least, here are the Contest Mascots!

With that, let’s see some Appeals! Contest… Start! =3
Old 04-24-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
Mewsic Box!
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Mewsic Box!
As the lovely announcer explained today's stage Tim began to grow nervous, after his last three contest campaigns his confidence had dropped some. "Birdie and Matilda both haven't had the best of luck with the cute contest, just keep positive and try your hardest Tim." he thought to himself as Matilda sat, rather excited for Tim's appeal ideas.

"So Matilda, we may not have been a huge hit last time around, but let's stay positive and keep focused, and remember... have fun." Tim's little pep talk had Matilda practically begging to get on stage right then.

"Hold on there Matilda, let's think about this, the stage is a candy house. And there's a chocolate fountain... and let's not forget that powdery snow option.... So my idea is this, as you arrive on the stage, start out with Attract, that'll be the hook. No one will be able to keep their eyes off of you. Next I think you should hop around the house a little bit and enjoy the sweet flavors, get yourself filled up with the yummy walls and furniture, hit the buffet if you want to. Then once your done having your share, I want you to hop in the chocolate fountain where we will cue the powder sugar for a delightful snow scene. When the snow begins to fall, use Rest, nobody can refuse a sleeping cutie. And finish off with a Snore, that'll show everyone that you have had a long day of playing and that you were sleeping peacefully.

"Good luck out there." Tim concluded as he waited for the moment of truth.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:19 AM   #3
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Matthew stared at the structure that faced him; a contest hall, filled with Pokemon so good in their respective fields, all showing off skills to get recognition from their peers. Matthew dreamt of the wonders that lay inside, the Pokémon he would meet and see and the chance for one of his own Pokémon to get judged. Sure, he didn’t have experience, but it would be a great turning point in his career. Matthew’s head rose up, the confidence he had worked so hard for had been dwelling up inside him. As he took two steps forward, the automatic doors swooshed open, and Matthew stepped through, raising an arm to his eyes as the bright light rose over him.

As his eyes began to settle, Matthew stood in awe at what surrounded him, hundreds of people practicing in the buildings, each standing by a representative door. As Matthew looked around he considered the options he had, and who he should use. A steady glow ahead of him caused his heart to melt, and his gaze focused upon the hall as lots of tiny cute Pokémon were ascending on the contests. Matthew walked up to the desk, asking what contest entry this was, the woman informing him that it was the normal rank cute contest.

Matthew flicked around his bag, before looking up. “Is anyone allowed to enter?” He asked with a smile, as the woman nodded. “Anyone with a contest pass” was her reply as Matthew looked downwards, disapointed by the news, he hadn’t got a contest pass. “Would you like to register?” The woman added upon seeing his look as Matthews head rose in excitement. After a quick nod, Matthew handed over his Pokédex and registered for the contest.

With a quick change of clothes into his best suit, Matthew entered the contest hall to be announced by the judge. He glanced about him, and reclined his head as the other Pokémon piqued his fancy. Matthew pulled the Pokéball off the belt, swirling it in his hand before tossing it into the air to reveal his Pokémon, Castform.

“Ok Nimbus, don’t worry about it. Even if we don’t win, we’ll put up a fight eh.” Matthew said, patting his castform “When you get out, use amnesia to stay focused on the task ahead. After you’ve got yourself pumped up, use a water pulse and fire it up into the air, then as it descends use an energy ball to explode it and create a mix of glittery golden droplets. If it goes to plan, you’ll change into your water form, then everyone will see how cute you really are.”

Matthew stood up, gave his Pokémon a wink and a thumbs up, and headed to the stage.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:07 AM   #4
Silver Wind
breezy metallics~

Could this be real? Could it be a dream?
A Ginger Bread arena to compete as a team.
The Diddler and Pathos were weird and cheered, not teven death could interfere
with the scrumptious surprise will soon be the demise,
of the extreme cuteness they were sure to devise.

"So here we in a cute contest,
not at all what I was expecting, it is sure to be the best!"
A trainer and his Abra had entered the hall,
judging by their size, they weren't much to look at all.
"all right Pathos this is it, something tells me we'll be a hit!
diddly doo diddly dee, ramble ramble and somethign McGee,"
the trainer did bellow who dressed in yellow.
Little did they know that all was not well,
the had been an accident at the granny kuchen mill.
Sweet's and goodies & all types to delight,
had gone missing and forgotten without a sight...

Pausing a moment to have a clear thought, the trainer and his pokemon stood before the magnificent structure that was the Ginger Bread House. "Here is our day of reckoning, the beast of all beasts, the contest where someone will have their cake.. And eat it too I might mention," the diddler sharing a mental connection with his cuddly companion, who was far too distracted drooling over the sweets. There was many options to consider using this fairy tale setting, things including witches and goblins with Shackleton muffins.. Pathos sighed, "Please don't make me a chubby fox version of Hansel, I don't think I'll handle the snickers I'll get from the rest of the Ofella's!" Of course sticking to the typical appeal like that might not go too smoothly with the judges, who had now been bedazzled in a way more than one. 'Creativity was the key' he thought to himself, perhaps dress Pathos as a lonely elf. The trainer wandered off to doodle up something to use while his Abra sat in the audience, spectating in his fellow contestants appeals.

The diddler returned with a half-hearted smile on his face, "Well I'm just hoping this won't be a disgrace!" uncrumpling a sheet of paper that the diddler doodled, he pointed out the their main objective. Key points in the appeal were circled in a bright red sharpie, such as the easy-bake oven, the assorted goodies *cough*kuchenmade*cough*, then finally the audience. He kneeled down to level himself with Pathos as explained their appeal,

"So imagine this, our appeal begins when the curtains expose outside of the Ginger Bread House, then with the help of some lil blue magic the audience will find you in the kitchen scurring around baking goodies and treats for all to eat. You'll be coated in blots of icing and flour on your apron and hat to make it look authentic! While your busy placing various treats that were laying around back onto the dining table the EASY BAKE OVEN timer will sound, informing us that our MOOFINS are ready! Skip cheerfully over to the freshly baked surprise and take a big whiff, but don't forget your oven mits! Burnt fingers from light bulb radiated heat is never fun. Celebrate your creation by DANCEing with your SWORDS(MOOFINS) in a retro manner, drawing inspiration from our friend Linus. When you're finished putting the rest of your baked goods on the table, let out a huge sigh at the massive amount to distribute and make clear your helplessness.. Before a thought! DOUBLE TEAM! Making an extra pair of Pathos to help spread the joy, this last move could be a bit complicated, but whats life without a little risk.. ChaCha your way out of the house and into the front of the Audience, using your PSYCHIC abilities to twirl and dance with the pastries, and the illusion of the other Abra's help, lets hand out goodies for all to eat, showing our generosity to the world!.."
Old 04-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Drifloon

It hadn't been very long at all since Zak and Dana had managed to shoot to the finalé, losing out only to a friend of Zak's, Wes, and his adorable Teddiursa, Honii. Despite this loss, he was ready to challenge the contest again alongside his Gligar companion. This time he was up against several new faces with different pokémon, Dana's competition. Sitting in the dressing rooms, he released the FlyScorpion from her pokéball to explain the first round orders.

"Okay girl, tonight has a completely different theme than last time, this time the setting is a large ginger bread house complete with a chocolate pool. That is where our appeal lies..." Zak produced a tiny green notepad from his back pocket and flicked towards the middle, showing the Gligar a quick sketch of the stage and his appeal ideas.

"I want you to begin by mudslapping at the edge of the pool, try and fling the chocolate as high as you can. Once it is high enough for the crowd to see, fire a flurry of attractive hearts into the mix. If the two go together well and the hearts become coated in chocolate, fire a poison sting at each one. Voila, chocolate coated edible hearts, the perfect treat, just make sure to remove the sting... I mean stick." Zak chuckled at his own joke, he wanted to keep his appeal candy-themed to fit in with the whole gingerbread house theme. As Dana looked at the diagrams and nodded, it was time to go. The two stepped up to the stage side and awaited their turn and fate in front of the judges and audience...
Old 04-25-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
psychopath
Boulder Badge

"Okay Valor, this is totally different than last time, take off the hat and wristband." Valor shrugged at his orders and gave up his hat and wristband. "Okay Valor, act like this is your house and you have been gone for years and you just happened to stumble onto it. Make the crowd believe this is your home, let out some tears of joy if you have to, sell it, at all costs."

"After you 'stumble' onto the house run through it, find a cupcake in the kitchen and come outside with it in your hands and stare at the crowd with those big beatiful eyes of yours. Take a bite and get a cute icing mustache if you can. Smile at the crowd as if you don't notice it. Next, head to the chocolate pool."

"Once there, look at the pool with a big smile, and touch the water with your aqua-y tail, stir it, and smile! That should get some awwws out of the crowd. Then, get a floaty life saver and get in it, I know you can swim great, but the floaty should make the appeal cuter. In there splash the water and create bubbles with the chocolate. then look at the buubles and whip your tail in joy. Do not forget to smile!" Valor smiled, he would rock at this, after all he was the same species as the mascot!(xp)

Old 04-26-2009, 02:11 AM   #7
Stark
Rainbow Badge

"Well girl it's showtime," Stark said to Eevee perched on his shoulder. He was nervous. Contests were a new experience for him and while performing in front of crowds had never been a problem when he was battling, performing in a contest was a completely different orange to the apple. Still, he could never be a well rounded trainer without a little experience. His hand reached up to pet Eevee along the back of her neck as a gesture of comfort, "Don't worry sweetie. We might be rookies at this, but I have faith in you."

He bent down and outstretched his arm allowing Eevee to leap down to the floor. With a smile he started petting the top of her head. She was still so young, yet Stark felt such a close affection for her. Just seeing her happy brought a warm feeling to him.

"Alright so I suppose we should figure out how to give the audience the cutest little show they've ever seen," Stark said with a smile, "It looks like we have a gingerbread house to work with, which all things considered reminds me of a certain fairy tale. Of course there is also the idea of home is where the heart is. Now if we can combine the two ideas we might just be able to come up with something."

The trainer sat down with his legs crossed as the wheels in his head turned, "Now picture this. You've been wandering alone and scared when you come across a magical house of sweets. Turn and mug the audience with a look of teary eyed happiness for finally finding a place so wonderful. After your moment of joy, bound up to the house and sit on the doorstep for a second pawing at the door as your own way of knocking. When no one opens the door let the audience see how sad it makes you. However, don't stay sad for long. Let a sly idea fill your head and show a look mischievous intent. Jump up and try to turn the door knob with your paws to open the door. When you can't do it because your paws keep slipping off, show your frustration by Growling at the door."

"Finding that the door isn't going to be an option I want you to skip around the house until you find an open window. Once you find one jump up to the sill, but come up just a little short and have your front paws try to pull yourself up into the window sill while your back legs kick wildly to try to help you up. Just when it looks like you might make it, I want you to loose your grip and fall back to the ground landing on your bum. Stick out your lower lip in disappointment as you look around for an idea," Stark continued to explain, "Just then I want you to notice the chocolate pool with the marshmallow floats and get an idea. Bound over to the pool and try to reach one of the floats only to find that it is just out of reach. As you lean a little further lose your balance and fall into the sweet tasting pool. Try to get out as quickly as you can and frown at this turn of events. Then shake off the chocolate only to get an idea as it comes off your tail. With a sly grin I want you to walk to the edge of the pool and drop your Tail in to Whip up some waves and send the floats over closer to the edge on the other side. Once they get to where you can reach them skip over and grab one with you teeth and drag it over to the window sill. Feel free to struggle with the size of the float a little. Then use it as a step to help you leap up through the window."

Stark picked Eevee up and cradled her in his arms while still petting her as he finished his explanation, "Once inside I want you to look around and take in all of the wonder of the place. Hop around in your excitement using any furniture you find as you race through the house. If you slip or stumble it's alright. Just make sure we get to see your reaction to any such oops. Of course you need to be overwhelmingly happy through out this. Finally I want you to gather up whatever you can find and put it in a pile and make yourself a little bed. Once you have your comfy spot I want you to lay down and show how content and tickled you are by giggling a little out of happiness for all the trouble you went through. Thus showing the world that you truly feel home."

Stark let Eevee out of his arms and stood up next to her, "Alright Eevee. Let's go get 'em."

Last edited by Stark; 04-26-2009 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Grammer and spelling errors fixed
Old 04-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #8
SP-Eevee
Soul Badge

Send a message via MSN to SP-Eevee
"Ok, we're going to go with the theme of the homes cosyness so let's try to make this a good one. Start off my trotting in merrily, suddenly realise where you are and get excited, use your Jolly nature to back it up. Now notice the kitchen like area and the easy cook... oven... urr, I think that's what they called it... eheh. Anyway try to put on the hat but end up have it go over your muzzle. Look to the audience rather dumfounded, cocking your head to the side slightly before shaking it off. Realise this isn't going to work and try to get your head through the hoop of the apron. If it works, play on it if not, give a small pout and work on the cakes. Try your best to mix something, it'll be awkward using your mouth only but that'll only add to the childishness of it. Flour spills, general mess encouraged, little childish mistakes could add to the cutesness... at least I hope. Now, once we have your improvised mixture pop it in the oven and awkwardly turn the knob. Step back and admire your work. Something will distract you... perhaps the fact you're in a house of sweets. Now Bounce around the room excitedly. Do whatever you want, lick the furniture, take a drink from the pool, nimble on absolutely anything. Just make sure the audience know you're enjoying the experience. Ping! There's the oven, beter get back to it. Open the oven and take the tray out, it'll be hot but you are a fire type, if you're concerned give it a few seconds to cool and then take it out, don't want you to get turn. Now accidently drop the cake, that or find out it didn't turn out as you expected. In any case, show your disapointed over your hard working turning out this way. Look left, look right and take a sneaky chomp anyway even though it has fallen on the floor. Tail Whip from side to side to make sure the audience know, even though it didn't turn out great you still enjoyed it. Now, to finish, it's been a tiring day of play. I want you to find the cosiest most roomy spot of the house and lay down as if you were about to rest. But, you can't, that's why I want you to use a light Hypnosis over the area to let the audience share that drowsy yet pleasent end of the day experience as you take a break from your play. It's a long shot but I hope it'll be alright."

Last edited by SP-Eevee; 04-29-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #9
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

A quick note: From now on I’m changing how combos are scored slightly, so that the number of points you earn are added to both your cumulative score and to your maximum score. Thus, using combos can only benefit your resulting score. However, I stress again that you must inform me if you want your Attacks to be counted as a combo, even if it’s an R/S/E-certified combo. Otherwise, I’ll just ignore it and treat it as a regular Appeal.

Also, SP-Eevee was allowed an extra day to post due to a misunderstanding.

~Mewsic Box! and Matilda the Swinub~

Our first contestant shuffles eagerly out onto the stage, and her eyes are promptly stunned by a dazzling sugar wonderland, marvelously filled with rainbow treats and goodies. It’s like a dream come true – paradise – especially for a creature of swine variety. Matilda turns to the audience and beams ATTRACTively, her overflowing excitement too cute and irresistible for the crowd to ignore. Their mesmerized gazes follow her as she races hungrily around the house, nibbling on walls and furniture. As she enters the kitchen, her jaw drops at the sight of the gleaming smorgasbord laid out for her, drool dribbling down her mug. She squeals with heavenly delight as she voraciously attacks the buffet, gobbling down the cakes with apt gluttony. While a few decorous persons shake their heads distastefully at Matilda’s manners, most of the audience roars with laughter at her unreservedness.

OBLIVIOUS to the crowd’s perception of her conduct, Matilda gleefully gorges herself until she’s stuffed. Sighing with satisfaction, she slinks off the table and reluctantly drags herself out of the house in search of somewhere to take a nap. Spotting the fountain, she grins as the syrupy brown mixture oozing from the nozzle reminds her of mud. As she hops into the pool, Tim cues the snowfall, and sugar rains down from the sky, delighting the spectators who try to catch the drops of sweetness on their tongues. Matilda joyfully circles round a few times in the luscious melt, which clings to her alike-colored fur. Then, satiated and sleepy, Matilda settles down comfortably for a REST, covered by a thick, warm blanket of chocolate. Within moments, she’s SNORing away peacefully, no doubt dreaming of sugarplums, and the audience smiles at the cozy scene, feeling relaxed and content just by watching her.

Judge's Notes: A simple, but cute Appeal. Although, this closely resembles your previous Appeal in the last Contest, so I’m afraid we can’t award as many Creativity points this time.

1st move: 9/10
2nd move: 9/10
3rd move: 9/10
Creativity: 10/20
Overall Flow: 10/15
Overall Appearance (Audience's Reaction) : 20+4/25+4

Total Points Earned = 71
Total Possible Points = 94

Grade = 71/94 = 75.5%

~Treepandaone and Nimbus the Castform~

Our second contestant is a rookie Coordinator by the name of Matthew, who’s eager to prove to the judges that he has what it takes to compete against the pros. He sends out his Castform, Nimbus, who listens intently to his trainer’s design. Before shuffling out onto the stage, he glances nervously back at his trainer, who responds with an encouraging wink and a thumbs up. Smiling, the little Pokémon nods and heads on out, brimming with confidence and excitement.

As soon as he enters the stage, Nimbus is halted by the sight of the spectacular gingerbread house, gaping in awe at the abundance of sugar. His tummy growls, and though the sweets are sorely tempting, he remembers his trainer’s orders and (reluctantly) abstains. An adorable look of confusion crosses his face as he gazes around (possibly in search of bread crumbs), seeming like he’s contracted AMNESIA and can’t remember how he got here.

He shrugs and smiles, moving onto the next part of his Appeal. Lifting his head, the crowd watches curiously as he shoots a pale aqua bubble into the sky, followed by a tangled ball of leaves and spring. The ENERGY BALL collides with the WATER PULSE, stimulating “ooh”s and “ahh”s from the crowd as the jade droplets glitter down. Although the conditions aren’t enough to inspire a change in Nimbus’s form, he grins anyway as he faces the sky, soaking in the rain until it subsides. At the end, he takes a bow, and waddles off amidst a slightly bewildered scattering of applause.

Judge's Notes: Hm… A pretty Appeal, although it would probably be more suited for a Beauty Contest. Also, we would’ve liked to see you incorporate the theme into your Appeal. As it is, I’m afraid we can’t award you very many Creativity points. A good try for your first attempt though.

1st move: 8/10
2nd move: 7/10
3rd move: 7/10
Creativity: 5/20
Overall Appearance (Audience's Reaction) : 15/25

Total Points Earned = 52
Total Possible Points = 90

Grade = 52/90 = 57.8%

~Silver Wind and Pathos the Abra~

Next up is the infamous Diddler and his lil’ Psi Pokémon, Pathos. What treats might they have in store for the crowd today?

Pathos hovers promptly over to the kitchen, donning a chef’s hat and apron so he looks all professional as he scurries around like a busy Combee, joyfully tasting checking the sweets and setting the table with more. The oven timer dings, and he gleefully prances over to verify his masterpiece, remembering to don pink oven gloves for protection before opening the door. As he does, a delicious smell wafts from the interior, and the audience leans forward, enticed by the baked aroma. Pathos grins as he slides out the tray of scrumptious, mouthwatering MOOFINS, and SWORDS DANCEs merrily around with them before skipping over to the table, placing them atop the brimming heap with pride. The audience laughs at his cute display and clap in admiration of nostalgic dance skills.

As Pathos steps back to survey his delectable composition, a lonely look crosses his face and he sighs, gazing helplessly around the empty kitchen. So much food to share, and yet there’s no one to share it wish. Then, a light bulb flashes over his head as he TEAMs up with his DOUBLE. With their combined PSYCHIC abilities, the two carefully lift up a few plates of treats into the air, wary not to spill, and cha-cha out of the house with their goodies wobbling in tow. Before the amazed audience, they smile and twirl around slowly with the pastries, whirling them overhead in a savory cyclone. Then, to the crowd’s delight, Pathos and his partner generously deliver the confections to several lucky members of the audience, who gladly share the copious amounts with those around them. Pathos and co. disappear back into the house, returning again with another fresh batch to dole out to the remainder of hopeful/hungry folk. They repeat the process a few more times until everyone has had a share, including the judges, who smile in surprise and accept the bribe munificent offering gratefully. With everyone appreciatively OM NOMing their desserts, the two chefs grin tiredly and take a bow, unexpectedly losing their floppy hats as they bend over. The audience chuckles with laughter and cry out thanks as they float together offstage, beaming with pleasure over their success.

(Backstage, the Diddler’s Shadow Lickitung cackles ominously and licks her lips with glee. Moohaha. Excellent…)

Judge's Notes: Very cute, and very charitable of you. ^-^ You did quite well in proving that attacks which aren’t officially classified as Cute can be applied in a Cute manner as well. Your Appeal flowed very well together, and suffice to say, the audience quite literally ate it up. Excellent job!

2nd move: 8.5/10
3rd move: 10/10
Creativity: 19/20
Overall Flow: 15/15
Overall Appearance (Audience's Reaction) : 25+16/25+16

Total Points Earned = 102.5
Total Possible Points = 106

Grade = 102.5/106 = 96.7%

~Pearl’s Perap and Dana the Gligar~

Next up are two familiar faces: Zak and his Gligar, Dana. Dana scuttles out excitedly and heads straight for the pool. Rather than leaping in however, she parks herself curiously at the edge, and playfully starts MUD-SLAPping the chocolate into the air. As the melted spray rains back down, Dana quickly spins around and blows heartfelt kisses underneath the chocolaty shower. The chocolate smears the ATTRACT hearts, painting the lovable (Hershey’s) kisses ever more luscious and tempting as they drift over the pool, dripping with shining sweetness. To finish off her charming composition, Dana fires a POISON STING straight through the center of each heart, resulting in a gorgeous display of delectable (albeit possibly deadly) appetizers that have both the crowd’s and judges’ mouths watering. Dana grins as she grabs a floating heart, carefully removing the sting stick before she feigns taking a delicious bite. Bon appetit! <3

Judge's Notes: Cute, and a very original idea. The only minor drawback is that it didn’t focus as much on making the contestant herself look cute. By the way, had you specified that you wanted to use all three moves as a combo, you probably could have scored some extra points. This is just a reminder to other contestants as well, should you care for the option.

1st move: 8.5/10
3rd move: 8/10
Creativity: 20/20
Overall Flow: 15/15
Overall Appearance (Audience's Reaction) : 18+8/25+8

Total Points Earned = 78.5
Total Possible Points = 98

Grade = 78.5/98 = 80.1%

~psychopath and Valor the Squirtle~

Next, we have another veteran Coordinator: Tyson, who’s entering again with Valor the Squirtle. The trainer makes the blue turtle surrender his hat and wristband before sending him boldly out with a broad smile, confident in his ability to rock the Contest Hall with his Appeal.

Valor purposefully stumbles onto the stage, looking tired and lost, as if he’s been wandering for years. A look of joy and surprise lights up his face as he spots home sweet home just a short distance away, and he runs excitedly up to the gingerbread house with nostalgic tears in his eyes. Swinging open the door, he proudly announces his presence as he walks through the home, tasting checking all the rooms and furniture to find everything is as he left it. When he reaches the kitchen, he spies the welcome home feast and his emotions overcome him again. Shedding tears of appreciation, he picks up a cupcake and wanders back outside, staring gratefully at the crowd with starry eyes, as if thanking them. Then, he takes a huge bite from the dessert, unaware of the cute icing mustache it draws on him as he looks up towards the crowd with an innocent smile. The audience “aw”s, and they giggle at his naivety.

Valor then looks around, and spots his pool, still filled to the brim with chocolate. With a wide grin, he dashes over and dips his AQUA TAIL into the chocolate, stirring the froth. Perfect, just the right temperature and consistency for swallowing – I mean swimming. He reaches out for a candy lifesaver and snuggly squeezes it around his shell. Once the tube is secure, he smiles and hops in with a splash. Gulping a mouthful of delicious warm chocolate, he blows chocolaty BUBBLEs into the air. Watching the delightful orbs dance before his eyes, he grins and WHIPs his TAIL cutely with joy, happy to be home at last.

Judge's Notes: Although the Appeal itself didn’t really convey the back-story you had in mind, it was still rather cute and relaxing. The first part felt somewhat detached from the second half, however both were adorable scenes on their own. Next time, a little more creativity and consistency would help boost your Appeal.

2nd move: 8.7/10
3rd move: 8.6/10
Creativity: 13/20
Overall Flow: 9/15
Overall Appearance (Audience's Reaction) : 20+14/25+14

Total Points Earned = 81.3
Total Possible Points = 104

Grade = 81.3/104 = 78.2%

~Stark and Eevee~

Appealing sixth is another new contestant named Stark. His little Eevee listens intently to her trainer’s instructions, and nods positively in understanding before he releases her onto the stage. She slinks tentatively into the clearing, her eyes lonely and anxious, similar to her forerunner. They light up when she beholds the miraculous house of sweets sitting in her path, shining like a gift sent from heaven. She turns to the audience, starry eyes sparkling with tearful joy and relief. She then bounds to the doorstep and paws hopefully at the door, mewing softly to be let in. No one answers. Dejected, she turns her drooping head towards the audience, her button nose quivering with sadness and hurt. Several expressions of “Aw, the poor thing” rise up amongst the viewers.

Then, her ears perk up as an idea flashes over her head. Gazing determinedly up at the handle, she tenses her limbs and backs up. With an impressive leap, she wraps her paws around the doorknob, only to have it slip from her grasp. Tumbling back onto the steps, she quickly picks herself up and tries again. Each time the results are less effective, and eventually she gives up, GROWLing cutely at the stubborn door in frustration.

Refusing to admit defeat, she trots around the side of the house, where she discovers an open window. Bracing herself, she springs towards the sill with all her might, barely seizing the edge with her front paws. The audience holds their breath as they watch Eevee kick her legs desperately. Just an inch more, almost, almost… Whoops! She loses her grip, and falls hard on her bum, to the sympathetic laughter of the crowd. Pouting adorably, she gazes around in hopes of finding something that could help. Her eyes settle on the pool, and the giant marshmallows floating gently within. Aha! Racing over, she extends her reach towards one of the floats, which drifts tantalizingly an inch away from the tip of her paw. Frowning, she leans a little further, and… Splash! The audience roars with laughter as she flails in the sticky chocolate, hurriedly dragging herself back up onto the land. Quickly she tries to shake off the chocolate, but it clings persistently to her coat, so instead she sheepishly licks some of it off, smiling at the delightful taste.

As she tries to flick the remaining droplets off her tail, another light bulb switches on over her head. With a wily grin, she tiptoes around the border of the pool and dips her TAIL back into the liquid, WHIPping it back and forth to create mild waves that rock the floats closer to the opposite edge. Skipping back to the reverse side, she seizes one of the fluffy marshmallows with her teeth, and struggles to drag the enormous white mass over to the windowsill. Finally, once she’s nudged it perfectly in line with the shelf, she wags her tail and hops gleefully up onto her makeshift step, and then triumphantly onto the ledge. The audience bursts into applause, congratulating her success and also admiring her ingenuity.

Eevee grins and takes a bow, before dropping lightly down onto the caramel carpet. She gazes about in awe and wonder at her surroundings, her little snout trembling with excitement from the delicious blend of smells. Thrill bursts through her legs as she charges eagerly through the house, gathering all the sweets and desserts she can carry back into the living room. There, she forms a cozy pile of her treasures and flops contentedly into it, snuggling up amongst the cakes. She TICKLEs herself with her tail, releasing a happy giggle as the audience “Aw”s once again, glad that she too has found her home.

Judge's Notes: That was quite adorable, and incorporated the theme well. Eevee’s determined efforts worked to make the audience sensitive to her plight, and root for her success in the end. The use of the marshmallow float was also quite creative. Overall, it was a heartwarming story, and an excellent Appeal. ^-^

2nd move: 8.5/10
3rd move: 9/10
Overall Flow: 11/15
Overall Appearance (Audience's Reaction) : 25+8/25+8

Total Points Earned = 90.5

Grade = 90.5/98 = 92.3%

~SP-Eevee and Katherine the Ponyta~

Finally, we have Kelly and her little Ponyta, Katherine. Katherine trots merrily out onto the stage, stopping still when she witnesses the beautiful gingerbread house. With an excited whinny and toss of her mane, she prances over to the open doorway, proudly marching straight into the kitchen. The first thing she notices is the impressive feast, but more intriguing are the ingredients and utensils laid out for her, inspiring her own culinary creativity. Before that though, she needs the appropriate attire. Spotting a white chef’s hat on the counter, Katherine attempts to put it on, but ends up slipping it over her muzzle by accident. The audience laughs at her rather silly appearance as she turns towards them, head cocked in charming bewilderment.

She shakes off the mask, and tries the apron next. After a couple stabs, she manages to successfully poke her head through the small loop, still looking adorably awkward as the smock drags slightly on the floor. All geared up, she smiles as she turns to a mixing bowl filled with fresh batter, waiting for someone to excite and mold its purpose. Grabbing a whisk with her teeth, she clumsily stirs the blend, splashing several drops onto the counter. Each time she twists her head to reach for an ingredient, she accidentally-on-purpose knocks over a bag of flour, or spilling some milk, even dropping an egg or two onto the peppermint-tiled floor. Finally, she tips the mixture into a baking pan, and slides it gently into the oven, ineptly adjusting the dial with her teeth. Turning around, she grins unconcernedly at the mess she’s made, her own vanilla face smeared with dough and pieces of eggshell caught in her mane. Tiptoeing over the drops and spills, she carefully exits the kitchen and then begins to BOUNCE joyfully around the house, licking the walls and furniture, even frolicking out in the garden and taking a delicious sip from the pool.

Ping! The cake is done! Katherine canters back into the house and into the kitchen, unwittingly slipping and stumbling a little over the mess she left on the floor. When she reaches the oven, she pauses before opening it, sensing the heat radiating from the stove and recalling her trainer’s warning. Figuring it best to be safe, she clamps a cloth with her teeth to mute the warmth, and cautiously removes the tray from the oven. As she cheerfully spins around to set it on the counter to cool, her hoof slides on a puddle of milk, and the cake unfortunately drops from her mouth and splats all over the floor. Seeing Katherine’s obvious disappointment, the audience “Aw”s sympathetically, saddened to watch all her hard work go to waste.

However, a bright light bulb turns on immediately over her head, and she glances furtively left, then right. Bending down, she takes a sly mouthful of cake anyway, pretending no one can see her. As she lifts her head, chewing nonchalantly despite the telling spread of chocolate over her snout, she still can’t hide her pleasure as her TAIL instinctively WHIPs from side to side in delight. The spectators giggle at her behavior, but politely remain silent.

As she surreptitiously swallows, Katherine smiles drowsily and ambles out of the room in search of a place to rest. Finding a comfy spot, she spreads herself contentedly and turns to the crowd, smiling as she sends some HYPNOSIS rays over them like a wave. Although she can’t focus on one observer’s eyes long enough to have much of an effect, in this case it works to her advantage, as the daze simply settles over and relaxes the crowd slightly, like a warm blanket. A collective sigh emerges, and dreamy smiles light up the rows, as sweet and satisfying as the scene they survey.

Judge's Notes: Another adorable Appeal. While HYPNOSIS is an attack that normally requires eye contact to work successfully, in this case the fact that there were too many targets to focus on helped your Appeal. It might’ve been worse had the audience actually fallen asleep during it. (*yawn*)

2nd move: 10/10
3rd move: 8.6/10
Creativity: 16/20
Overall Appearance (Audience's Reaction) : 22+8/25+8

Total Points Earned = 83.6

Grade = 83.6/98 = 85.3%

All righty! Since our last contestant has dropped out of the Contest, we will now announce our four semi-finalists:

Silver Wind and Pathos the Abra, with 96.7 Points!
Stark and Eevee, with 92.3 Points!
SP-Eevee and Katherine the Ponyta, with 85.3 Points!
And Pearl’s Perap and Dana the Gligar, with 80.1 Points!

Congratulations! For the next Round, you four will design your own stages now, and PM your Appeals to me with a description of the stage. The contestant who receives the highest average score point-wise for both rounds of Appeal will receive the choice of using either a) his/her designed stage or b) the stage for the first Round of Appeals as the arena for the battle between the finalists. Good luck!

To Mewsic Box!, Treepandaone, and psychopath: Thank you three for coming, and we wish you better luck next time. <3
Old 05-10-2009, 01:39 AM   #10
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Apologies for the semi-lateness of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Wind
Pathos Circus:
Ever been to the circus? If not, today's your lucky day! This 50x50 circular stage will be host to a once in a life time High Dive Appeal, from a 75f steel structure. Down at the bottom the contestant will be find himself landing in a pit of balls contained in nothing less than a childs inflatable pool. Various magic props littler this arena, such as a oversized magician's top hat, a motorized tricycle, wooden building blocks that have been built into a pair of little castles, and even a dunk tank off to the left. A pair a mischievous Mime Jr will help move things along slowly with silly antics and jestering of sorts, while the performer prepares for various acts in the show. A special treat today, an orchestra has been hired for dramatic effect and will be playing a variety of childhood jingles ect.
~This was harder than I thought.. ;-;
“You did great this round, Pee! If we keep this up that cute contest ribbon will surely be ours,” the diddler spoke, to a pokémon who was gobbling up a moofin he nabbed from the previous arena. Now the next part appeal included a self-made stage to suit an appeal to the trainer and contest spokesmen’s specific needs. This was something the diddler had in mind for a while now, a high risk appeal that could lead to possible high scores. Though the appeal itself might turn out to be a bit more cool than cute, and could turn out hurting the pair more than helping. Walking off to the side not bothering to watch the other contestant’s appeals, he decided to go over plans for this round. Pulling out a chalk board out of his magic sack, he doodled the main emphasis of the appeal.

The diddler sighed, “Picture this; the curtain opens to reveal our little high dive setup and littered toy room, a pair of Mime Jr will be playing ho-hum with a small blowup beach ball, the orchestra should be playing a calm tune to fit the scene… Bringing some life into this party, you’ll break into the scene on your motorized trike, out of control and zipping all around the place. Flight of the Bumble Bee will be our chosen chaotic song, by this time the mime jr will be chasing you all around the place. Don’t worry, you’ll have control of the bike at all times, you just to act like you have no control. Bash through those castle, give out a little crys of distress for show,” he paused, so far he hadn’t ordered any attacks that could be judged. Most of Pathos move pool consisted of smart attacks, but thankfully those were accepted. “Here is where I’ll instruct out stand in help to tackle you to the floor, saving you from certain boo boo’s and owies. Have a good laugh with the pair, enjoy yourself out there that shouldn’t be so hard, eh buddy? Off to the side will be a couple of plastic swords, three in total. You’ll have yourself a little sword fight, please the crowd with your playful banter.. ”

"The curtains will close for a brief 30 second intermission, this will give you time to make your way to the top of the high dive. When the curtains open up again, a spot light will point out the main act! Dramatic music will be played, then you'll make your dive! Drumroll... but before you hit the ball pit pool down below, TELEPORT yourself into that magicians hat. Keep yourself hidden.. While the crowd stares in utter bewilderment, the spotlight will find itself on the oversized hat about seven seconds later, to reveal you stumbling out in a child ATTRACTing manner, lets get a laugh out of them, blow SWEET KISSes to your fans! Hopefully this turns out the way.. I thought it through"

Circus music blares through the hall, stemming from a temporarily hired orchestra as the audience delights in the dark, dramatic atmosphere of Pathos’s big top. The curtain draws away to present a 50x50 circular stage cluttered with magic props and toys. A grandiose high dive towers in the center of the stage.

A pair of Mime Jr pal around dully with a small inflated beach ball, to an aptly composed tune.

Suddenly, the audience hears a revving sound, and all turn in that direction to witness Pathos burst wildly onto the scene atop a motorized tricycle. He zooms straight past the mime pair, who blink twice before dropping the ball and comically chasing after the disrupter. The audience roars with laughter as the Psi Pokémon leads his pursuers on a wild goose chase, weaving uncontrollably in crazed loops and figure-eights around the obstacles. Barely dodging aside the top hat, his grinning relief quickens to panic as he collides straight into the two building block castles, collapsing the foundations. As the structure caves, the Mime Jr leap heroically in time to save Pathos by knocking him off the tricycle, all three tumbling roughly to the floor.

As they disentangle themselves, they sit up amidst the wreckage and share a laugh, soft bells of relief and gratitude ringing in the air. Agreeing to perform together, they skip over to the side and grab some plastic swords, fencing playfully with each other to the crowd’s interest. The members cheer on both parties, and finally Pathos doles out the triumphant blow, simulating a stab to the clown’s chest. The mimic keels over dramatically, his fall too spectacular to be taken seriously. He’s up again in an instant, grinning an actor’s smile, and all three take a bow. The audience applauds, as the curtain rustles down quietly to mask the stage.

30 seconds of suspense lapse, and the curtains lift again to the accompaniment of a drum roll. A spotlight weaves around the room, ending at the crowning platform of the high dive, where Pathos stands and waves excitedly to his fans. Poising precisely, he takes a leap of faith, plunging straight towards the pool inflated with plastic balls. Just before he sinks into the colorful foam, he TELEPORTs from view, vanishing in a clever wink as if by magic. The audience murmurs in shock and bewilderment, browsing the dark stage for signs of the performer.

Suddenly, the spotlight shines on the top hat, and Pathos pops his head out, smiling ATTRACTively at the crowd. The spectators gasp and laugh, clapping in wonder at his illusionary skills. He grins and takes a bow, blowing SWEET KISSes towards his admirers before promenading offstage to await his results.

Judge's Notes: Cute, suspensful, and highly entertaining. Only suggestion we’d make is to perhaps integrate your Attacks more outstandingly in your Appeal, and make sure they focus on complementing each other as well as the Pokémon’s charm.

3rd move: 9.5/10
Overall Flow: 8/15
Overall Appearance (Audience's Reaction) : 19+16/25+16

Total Points Earned = 89.5
Total Possible Points = 106

Grade = 89.5/106 = 84.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP-Eevee
Kelly looked stunned, she'd never expected Katherine to get such a good score for her first contest and felt bad for doubting her. Looking to the joyful equine she realised she'd have to try her best, Katherine was enjoying it so much... Biting her lip she imagined a small idealic scene to use as their next appeal. Realising her limited movepool didn't give much to work with she knew she'd have to come up with something extremely good. Something she seriously doubted she could ever do but none the less she quickly scrawled a description down on a piece of paper she had stuffed in her pocket.

Unicorn Lake - Open Air Arena - The arena consists of a fairly realistic looking field of bright green grass covering the majority of the area, made edible for the sake of the appeal. At the bottom there is a reasonably sized body of water taking the shape of a semi-oval in order to create the illusion that, if there were more space, it'd be much large. At the farthest end there are some fake yet sturdy cliffs which have flat platforms at every stage which could possibly be jumped up on. They are fairly sturdy and can take a great deal of weight though if an extreme amount of pressure is put on them they will break as they're not indestructable. A few curious Surskit also are found hopping around the surface of the water. The space between the lake and cliff like structures is littered with daisies and other wild weeds such as dandilions to add to the outdoorsy feel. Along with artifical light machines to adjust the levels sunlight so it is just the correct amount to set the spring-time scene, not too much, not too little. In addition to the Surkit, the arena attracts various bug Pokemon that fly overhead, mainly Butterfree and Beautifly which merely add to the mood. Along with an artificially created scent of the outdoors floating about the room to just add that little bit more realism.

"Ok, I want you to enter the arena like you did last time. Keep up that chipper attitude as you enter. Have fun and enjoy yourself and i'm sure you'll do great not matter what happens," Kelly smiled, patting her Ponyta encourgingly. "In any case, bound forward, you're in a field where Ponyta are free to do as they please. Show how happy you are to be in such an arena by looking around curiously and taking in the scents and smells of the outdoors. Once you're done you'll be a bit tired out so go to the lakeside, have a bite of the grass and take a drink. If you're not thirsty or hungry that's ok, just try to give the impression that you're having a drink and a nibble at the grass or even a daisy. If you get a daisy have the flower sticking out to the side of your mouth as you chew. Suddenly notice the Surskit hopping around playfully and give a look of longing, as if you want to join them and play. Just as you're about to Tackle childishly forward onto the Surkit, in a non-violent manner, realise that water and fire don't mix. By this I mean take a few good steps back and attempt a running jump before stopping just as you notice the water. Give an extra pout to show your disapointment. It's not over just yet, a brilliant plan comes to mind, use your Tail Whip to attempt to grab the Surkit's attention. I know it's bad to repeat moves, i'm sorry I didn't have time to teach you anything more before the contest... but let's make the best of it and try to show that the intention's and movements of this one is different from the last. Try to make sure you encourage it to follow you and use your childishness to assure it that you just want to play. If it works continue towards the cliffside, skipping merryily and calling back to it in a cute fashion to assure it follows you to the cliff-area. If it doesn't don't worry about it, show your disapointment and wave a goodbye in any way you can. Either way, we'll end at the cliff-area. Bounce your way up each step giving a call back to your Surskit friend to see if it'll follow you. If at any point you feel you're too high, just stop. We don't want you to go anywhere you'd be afraid of. When you've reached a height your comfortable with if you're both there looking happy about your achievement you've accomplished together. If it isn't try to show off that you've gotten that high all by yourself. Now, get yourself down carefully. Try to look worried but when you're right down act like you weren't scared at all and confidently strut forward before getting bored of that act and return to your childish bounding. Now returning to the lake. If it did follow you, wave goodbye if not stick your tounge out childishly that you managed to do it when it was too scared or ignoring you. In any case, if it gets a reaction put on an apologetic expression, making sure the audience see's you meant nothing by it and give a cheerful whiney as you end."

((Ooc: I hope this is alright, I have a feeling i've done something wrong though. ^^;; ))
Next, the audience is whisked away to magical Candy Mountain, a land of sweets and joy and joyness. Uh, I mean, Charlie the Unicorn Lake. No? Just Unicorn Lake then I suppose. ^^

Katherine bounds gaily into the field, frolicking around as young fillies do in a wide open plain. She bends down and snuffs the fresh grass, grinning as she softly nibbles the green blades. Lifting her head, the audience smiles to see a daisy hanging from the side of her mouth, waving up and down as she chews. Swallowing the mouthful, she trots over to the lake for a cool, refreshing drink. As she quenches her thirst, she notices a Surskit glide by her nose, and watches curiously as it joins its friends in the center of the pool. The jump and skip, taking pleasure in creating ripples, a symphony of silent, silver echoes. Katherine observes their antics wistfully, longing to join in their play.

She trots forward a few steps, ready to TACKLE the Surskit playfully, but pauses like a cartoon in midair. Deflating, she remembers that fire and water don’t harmonize. Her face pouts for a moment, but then a light bulb burns over her head. WHIPping her TAIL as a signal, she intrigues the Surskit’s attention. It floats gently over to her, and she smiles reassuringly. She springs over to the cliffs, still waving her tail like a flag. Come with me to Candy Mountain!

Surskit skitters after her, stopping at the foot of the cliff. Katherine smiles and BOUNCEs up to the first step, inviting the water bug to join her. It shies away though, overwhelmed by the height of the jump. Katherine rises a few more times as an example, calling back encouragement until finally, her companion musters its courage and takes a mighty leap of faith, landing safely on top of the first platform. Despite this being Katherine’s performance, the audience claps in congratulation for Surskit, and Katherine joins them by whinnying and stamping her hooves lightly. She then waits for Surskit to catch up with her, and together the two soar triumphantly to the top. Standing proud of their achievement, they bask in the audience’s applause before gingerly making their way back down the mountain. Katherine kindly walks her new friend back to the pond, waving her train goodbye before trotting contentedly offstage, the cheerful Surskit waving its limbs and calling out thanks behind her.

Judge's Notes: That was a very cute Appeal. Although the attention was distracted from Katherine for a moment, it was offset by the display of her leadership and encouragement. It was great to see Katherine’s Jolly personality combined with a gentle, mothering nature. A lovely presentation, well done. <3

1st move: 8.4/10
2nd move: 9.8/10
3rd move: 9.6/10
Creativity: 17/20
Overall Flow: 14/15
Overall Appearance (Audience's Reaction) : 23+8/25+8

Total Points Earned = 89.8

Grade = 89.8/98 = 91.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap
Having managed to get through to the second round of the contest by the skin of their teeth, Zak and Dana sit backstage. "Alright girl, that round wasn't our best, but we've still got plenty of time to pull through." The co-ordinator gave a quick thumbs up and pulled a face at the Gligar, who chuckled, waving her pincirs in every direction. "Remember, this is the round where we have to create our own stage ideas. With your future evolution occuring at night, I wanted to go with a night time theme, but make it cute." The FlyScorpion pokémon hung on the boy's every word, nodding every now and again, "This is the stage description. I'll tell you what I want you to do afterwards." Pulling out a green notepad, Zak showed the Gligar his plan:

A small 30 x 30 stage, painted completely black. Around the back of the stage are large wooden 'walls', painted black with a starry design, to imitate nighttime. In the centre of the stage is a rather large nest with a tiny sign to one side, emblazoned with a Gligar headshot. Hanging above the arena is a large bright papiermache star with a safety candle safely built in to it, to create an annoyingly bright star. The lighting is dimmed, but enough to see the pokémon clearly if the star's candle is extinguished.

"Rather basic, really. I want you to glide into the front centre of the stage. When you are in the front centre, I want you to pretend to be sleepy. Once the audience knows you are getting 'tired', I want you to glare up at the bright star before flying up and using [n]Night Slash[/b] on it, make sure you extinguish the candle. With that, the lighting will remain dimmed, but not dim enough to not see you. Swoop down and land in your cute little nest. When you're lay there, blow some attractive good night kisses towards the audience and take a rest."
Next, the lights fade, and stars sing across the blackboard surrounding the small stage. A nest lies in the center of the stage, labeled by a sign with Gligar’s mark, designating its owner. Above, a papier-mâché star burns brightly, creating a spotlight.

Dana swoops down, silent as the shadows. She faces the crowd with sighing eyes, obviously weary and seeking rest. However, the mocking star overhead refuses to ease its oppression. Dana glares up at the mean old star, which smiles indifferently back. Without remorse, Dana leaps up and decisively SLASHes the beautiful lantern to shreds, eliciting gasps from the crowd as the stage plunges into the darkness of NIGHT. They’re not so much intimidated by the shadows, as there remains light to see by, but Dana’s harsh punishment shocked and disheartened them. Couldn’t she have simply blown out the candle? There was no call for such violence against a calm, gentle spirit, whose brilliance was of heaven.

Dana senses the nervousness surrounding her, and alights timidly in her nest, huddling close to the branches. She tries to win back the audience by smiling ATTRACTively, blowing soft kisses. A few smile in return, whilst others stare blankly, disenchanted. Dana shrugs and settles down for a REST, curling up cutely like a ball, at least able to sleep now without the brightness to annoy her.

Judge's Notes: Unfortunately, the way you used NIGHT SLASH didn’t make Dana appear cute at all, she seemed rather vindictive instead. Otherwise, as you said, it was quite a basic Appeal, nothing really stood out about it.

1st move: 5/10
2nd move: 8.9/10
3rd move: 8.7/10
Creativity: 15/20
Overall Flow: 12/15
Overall Appearance (Audience's Reaction) : 11+8/25+8

Total Points Earned = 68.6

Grade = 68.6/98 = 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark
Santa's Workshop - A brightly colored toy factory with Christmas themes everywhere from the candy cane arches to the holly and mistletoe draped from the ceilings to the big red sleigh downstage right. Two large conveyor belts run left to right at an angle toward the audience from large box shaped machines where toys come off the assembly line. The walls are covered with shelves holding various pokemon toys including plusies, action figures, toy pokeballs, and everything else a kid could dream of. A table sits just right of center where a stack of pre-wrapped gift boxes can be found.

"Alright Eevee, we did it. We made it to the next round. You were great," Stark beamed at his little partner, "Let's see if we can't take it further alright. For this appeal, I think we'll try a Santa's little helper theme. We'll start off with the stage dark. An instrumental version of Silent Night will begin to play as a soft bluish white spotlight comes up on you wearing a Santa hat in the middle of the stage. We'll use some of the snow from the gingerbread house and have it softly drop down on you. Just sit there and tilt your head a little, letting everyone see those big beautiful eyes of yours. The sound of bells jingling will soon be heard and the music will change to something a little more festive in the form of an instrumental version of Jingle Bells followed by a medley of jolly christmas songs playing in the background while the lights of the stage all come up in a warm wash to reveal the toy factory. Let your eyes go big and show your excitement by giving a big smile. Bound around the factory taking a general look at everything. As you're bouncing around notice a machop action figure with karate chop action and sniff at it. Move in close and paw at it a couple of times until it karate chops you across the nose. Then get angry at it and growl at it before tipping it over on its back. Show a smug look of victory and attitude over the toy as you strut away from it.

Suddenly I want you to notice that the present bag in the sleigh is empty and none of the presents are wrapped. Let the realization that you can't let Santa go off without all the toys for all the boys and girls be short because that would mean that someone wouldn't get that special something they had been hoping for all year show. Not wanting to let the kids down leap over to the assembly machines. Notice that the controls are a little tall for you. Scowl for a second and then get the idea that you could stack up some of the present boxes like steps so that you can operate the controls. Once the boxes are stacked and you get to the controls go a little mad scientist with your look and over exaggerate your pushing of one button to start the machine.

As the conveyor starts running you'll notice nothing coming out. This will cause you a little confusion and motivate you to jump up on the conveyor to get a better look inside the machine to see what is going on. Remember the conveyor is moving slowly so you should be able to just walk at a nice slow pace to keep from falling off the end. As you're curiously looking into the opening of the machine an odd shape will start moving coming toward you on the conveyor. Once it gets into the light you notice that it is a pokemon plushie. Step to the side and let it pass, watching it as it goes. As you turn back toward the machine, you'll see another and another and another of the soft cuddly toys coming at you as you easily dodge them. After a few have passed notice that they are just starting to pile up on the floor at the end of the conveyor. Roll your eyes and smack your head with your paw for not thinking about putting a box or something down there to catch the plushies. Now while your distracted have the next plushie on the line trip you up. As you try to get up another one bumps into you and another. Before you know it you find yourself rolling along the conveyor only to get dumped into the pile of plushies and subsequently buried. After a minute, pop your head up out the top and let it rest on the pile and give us a look of frustration mixed with 'I can't believe I let that happen to me' as another plushie drops down and lands on your head.

Having had enough of the plushies, jump out of the pile and climb back over to the machine and shut it off. Letting the ball at the end of your hat droop in front of your face. Give a big sigh of relief while trying to blow the ball part of the hat out of your face. When it doesn't work the first couple times, shake you head wildly until it is out of the way. Once more give us a look of smug achievement as you strut down the boxes to the floor below. However, it only takes a second for you to realize that you don't have any of the presents wrapped yet.

With a new resolve, walk over and pick up one of the plushies from the pile and carry it over in your mouth like a mother kitten would her babies and drop it into one of the pre-wrapped gift boxes. Cover it and then look out at the audience as if to say mission complete when it dawns on you that boxing up all of the toys was going to take forever. Bite your lower lip as you try to think of a way to speed up the process. Let us see the gears in your head turning until an idea hits you.

Vigorously, rush over and start tipping over boxes so that the open ends are facing the toys. Then move over to one of the shelves and slide behind the machop figure you previously knocked over. Take a moment to eye up your shot and then swat the machop action figure toward the open box as if you were Attacking an opponent with Sand. Show your excitement over success or disappointment over failure with the machop figure and try as many times as it takes to get it into the box. Once you finish with the Machop figure continue to do the same with all of the toys on the shelves and the plushies on the floor. Feel free to have some fun with it by acting like you are lining up a putt, or aiming the eight ball in the corner pocket, or even raising your paws in a Touchdown position when you knock one in. Any kind of cute celebration dances you can think of would be great.

Once the toys have all been boxed use your Tail to Whip those presents up into the sleigh. The music will soon change to an instrumental version of Here Comes Santa Claus, prompting you to climb up into the front seat of the sleigh where you can sit and bounce up and down in anticipation of jolly old St. Nick while the lights fade to black."

Stark knelt down, smiled, and pet Eevee along the side of her head, "I know it's a lot to remember, but I believe you can pull this off. And remember. Even though I'm not out there with you, I'll be right here for you cheering you on. Now go get 'em, girl!"
Lastly, the audience is transferred to… Santa’s Workshop? An untimely song begins to play as the darkness is chased away by a soft blue spotlight, revealing Eevee in a Santa hat. Snow drifts quietly down as she sits there adorably, tilting her head and staring with wide eyes at the floating wonders. Then, the music begins to excite, blending with bells as the stage lights up all at once, revealing a wintry toy factory. Eevee grins widely, bouncing around the workshop with understandable excitement. She discovers a Machop action figure, and sniffs it curiously, bending forward and pawing it a couple times. All of a sudden, it raps her smartly across her nose with a karate chop, receiving laughter from the audience. Eevee whines as she rubs her snout, more humbled than in pain. GROWLing fiercely at her incognizant attacker, she shoves it in retribution and tips the toy onto its back. Grinning, she struts away triumphantly, her cream-white tail held loftily in the hair.

Suddenly, she stops and stares at the sleigh, where an empty sack drapes forlornly over the seat. None of the toys are wrapped either. The realization sinks in perceptibly (although she doesn’t seem to recognize that Santa wouldn’t be making his trip for eight more months anyway). Still, she’s determined to help get the job done, and rushes over to the assembly machines. Unfortunately, the control panel stands above her height. She frowns, but soon another light bulb flickers over her head. Skipping to the pile of boxes, she pushes them over to the machine, stacking them carefully to form a staircase. Bounding up the steps, a mad scientist expression briefly shadows her face as she gleefully rams a button to start the machine.

The conveyor whirs to life, though a beat passes and Eevee notices nothing emerging from it. Puzzled, she hops up onto the slow-moving belt and trots in its opposite direction, peering into the opening. A shape materializes from the darkness, revealing itself to be a Pokémon plushie. She steps nimbly aside to let it pass, still jogging as she watches it disappear off the edge. Turning back to the machine, she finds herself faced with a parade of plushies marching towards her, and hastily dodges back and forth. From the corner of her eye, she then notices the tip of a pile of plushies brimming over the edge of the conveyor belt, and smacks her forehead with her paw, realizing she should have placed a container at the end to receive the products. Her attention diverted, she misses her step and trips over the next toy, stumbling as the platoon bumps continuously into her. With a squeak, she finds herself dumped unceremoniously into the mound of plushies, the crowd laughing uproariously as the dolls continue to rain down on her, burying her completely. A minute afterwards, she bursts again through the surface, wearing a look of frustration as another doll plops onto her head.

Shaking it off, she leaps hastily out of the pile and runs over to the controls, silencing the conveyor. The fuzzy pom on her hat hangs in front of her weary face, and she sighs with relief as she tries to blow it back. Failing repeatedly, she frowns and shakes her head wildly until it decides to stay. Turning the crowd, she grins proudly again, and the audience giggles at her cute behavior.

Her grin quickly fades however, as she remembers she has yet to wrap any of the presents. Sprinting persistently to the pile, she gently lifts one of the plushies in her mouth and carries it over to the gift boxes, depositing it with care inside a package and covering it with a decorative lid. She turns again to the audience, smiling as if to say: “mission complete”. Facing the mountain that’s left, her face falls once more as she realizes that at this rate, it will take her forever to finish the job. Biting her lip, the gears turn visibly until another light bulb flashes over her head.

She runs along the rows of boxes, upsetting each of them so that their open ends face the toys. Then, moving over to the shelf, she slides behind the Machop figure, who still lay unblinkingly on its back. She carefully lines up her shot, and swats the figure towards a box as if flinging a SAND-ATTACK to her opponent. It falls a bit short, and she pouts slightly before clambering down and trying again, this time successfully scoring a goal. The audience applauds as she performs a short victory dance, before hurrying eagerly to test her method on the rest. With each success, her accuracy and speed improves, until she’s swiftly launching rows of toys into their respective boxes with a single bat of her eye. Within minutes, she has every toy packed and ready to go. Grinning widely over her accomplishment, she proceeds to use her TAIL to WHIP each present up into the sleigh. As the music shifts to signal the coming of St. Nick, Eevee hops in the front of the sleigh and bounces excitedly, proud to have been Santa’s Little Helper for the day, waiting patiently for his return while the light fades to black.

Judge's Notes: Another adorable Appeal, if a bit out of season. Our only criticism is that the overall formula closely resembles your first Appeal. A little more variation next time would be better, as repetition is often frowned upon in Contests.

1st move: 8.5/10
2nd move: 10/10
3rd move: 8.5/10
Creativity: 15/20
Overall Flow: 12/15
Overall Appearance (Audience's Reaction) : 20+8/25+8

Total Points Earned = 82

Grade = 82/98 = 83.7%

And so, our two finalists are:

SP-Eevee and Katherine the Ponyta, with 91.6 Points!
And Silver Wind and Pathos the Abra, with 84.4 Points!

Congratulations! The two of you shall face each other in a one-on-one match consisting of five rounds. During each round you may order 2-3 Attacks. Keep in mind that although it’s a battle, cuteness still counts, and how well you perform your moves in order to demonstrate your Pokémon’s appeal will also affect your score, in addition to how well your Pokémon fares during each round of battle.

(As Abra and Ponyta are relatively equal Level-wise, both Pokémon will be regarded as their current Levels.)

Now then, of the two finalists, the best scorer for both Appeal Rounds is:

Silver Wind and Pathos, with an average score of 95.6!

Which means Silver Wind gets to choose which arena to use for the battle. Please post with your choice of either the stage for the First Appeal Round or the stage you designed, and quote its description. Afterwards, both of you will PM me your opening Attacks. Good luck to both of you! <3
Old 05-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #11
Silver Wind
breezy metallics~

Cherrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

Now, for our arena, we’ve got a huge treat in store for our little cuties. Today’s theme is Home Sweet Home. In the backdrop, we’ve constructed a real, life-size gingerbread house (there are a few replicas in storage ready to be wheeled in). The interior opens up so the audience can see inside the rooms, which are themselves decorated with lickable candy furniture. In the kitchen, there’s a table lined with gorgeous snacks and sweets: pastries, ice cream, chocolate bonbons, yum yum you name it, in every flavor and shape imaginable. There are also ingredients and utensils set aside, and an Easy Bake Oven in the corner if the contestant wants to try his or her own recipe. (Cute aprons/chef’s hats are also provided.) Outside, there’s even a chocolate fountain, and a small chocolate swimming pool with giant lifesaver candies and marshmallow floats. The trainer can also request a snowfall of powdered sugar to create a cozy wintry scene. <3

There’s a close-knit crowd today to preserve the homey atmosphere, meaning moves like CHARM, ATTRACT, GROWL, etc. will also work successfully. ^-~

I'd like to use the first Stage for this battle, plz. ;<
Old 05-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #12
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Wind
The diddler found himself once again on the sidelines of the 'Home Sweet Home' appeal stage, only this time he'd be facing off with another trainer and her pokemon. This was it, the deciding factor in naming the next Normal Rank Cute Contest champion, advancing them into the Super Rank status. He had never thought his little psi fox would get him this far in the competition. Flipping open his newly acquired Silver PokeDex, he quickling skimmed through information about Ponyta. The obvious being that is was a Fire type, but she was also horse. With a little more luck, Pathos could pull this one battle off without ease, but the diddler's luck had to be draining now. He only squeezed past the last round thanks to first round scoring, and now wasn't the time to diddle around and mess this up.

He took a deep breath before waltzing onto the stage with Pathos pokeball in hand. He raised his hand and gave a slight wave to his oppenent, then a nod to the ref. The kickass cute contest battle was about to start.

With a click flick of a button Pathos was release from his pokeball, ready to dash for the cute contest ribbon. "I think I've got something cooked up," he whispered. "Let's play it smooth, ATTRACT your opponent into your favor, make her feel like there is nothing else in the world but her... Hooves.. Then lay some SWEET KISSes on the gal, confusing is the whorse and the fox." he pondered on which attack would be best to finish with, and it sure as heck couldn't be anything psychical. Maybe if he were to lead the pony into the house, Pathos could have some type of advantage. "After to sexual harass the pony, lets play hard to get and run inside the Ginger Bread house. Then when she finds you, show her what FATAL ATTRACTION you have laying up your sleeves."
Quote:
((Ooc: Eheh, sorry this is so late, I wasn't sure if I were to PM orders right away. Apologies again if anything is out of place. :x *shot*))

What was she doing here? Entering on a whim with low expectations and hopes of winning a wooden spoon were dashed. Looking out onto the field her opponent has chosen to battle on, she realised it would be no easy task to even win one round let alone come close to winning. After seeing his impressive round one performence and his vast array of interesting techniques he used during his appeals he seemed a shoe in to win at this point. She'd had fun so for so there was no point in delaying any longer. Doing her best in the most cheesy cliche style was all she could do and she had faith that Katherine, even with her limitations, would do her proud.

"Ok Katherine, if he uses a stat boosting move I want you to break his concentration by Tail Whipping in his face, infact, if he uses any non-attacking moves just turn your back to him and give him a playful whip. After all, you want to play right? Be ready to Bounce after from any powerful looking attacks and land on him casually. When you get a good view of him Hypnosis but this time we want to try to make our opponent fall asleep in the slobbiest way possible if you please. Of course, at any time you want to have a nibble on the treats in the arena, as long as he's done attacking, feel free to. It'll be your reward if the round goes well. No point in letting all this go to waste."
Here we are, folks! The final match between Pathos the Abra and Katherine the Ponyta! Who will emerge victorious and claim the renowned Cute Contest Ribbon? These five short rounds shall answer that ultimate question.

Katherine and Pathos appear at opposite edges of the field, and their eyes confront readily. Katherine starts by prancing gingerly up to her opponent as if to play, her tail swishing nonchalantly back and forth. Suddenly she spins around and WHIPs Pathos in the face with her fiery TAIL, her expression saying “oops” as the slaphappy Abra is sent flying headfirst into the pool. The little filly whinnies and kicks up her heels in laughter, the crowd joining her as Pathos emerges and quickly drags himself onto land, now dressed embarrassingly in a sweltry coat of molten chocolate.

Pathos grins and decides to capitalize on his delicious visage, however. Beaming ATTRACTively at the pony, he invites her to come lick the dripping chocolate off his skin. Katherine’s crimson flames burn even redder, and she completely forgets to BOUNCE out of her rival’s way. Instead, she tiptoes closer to the yummy Psychic, and shyly asks to make his acquaintance. The sly fox grins and hooks his sugar-coated claw, gradually reeling her neck down to him. He plants a SWEET, chocolatey KISS on her snout, sending her into a delirious ecstasy as she kicks up her hooves again in joy.

Pathos smirks and suddenly escapes into the house, daring Katherine to pursue. Her eyes filled with stars and sugarplums, she follows him gaily into the bedroom, where her seductive paramour waits patiently with open arms. Enticing pheromones secrete from his mouthwatering body, and Katherine inhales them deeply. A sinister leer hides behind Pathos’s charming face as Katherine shudders slightly, falling under her enemy’s FATAL ATTRACTION. Completely lost in worship, Katherine forgets all notions of hostility, ready to fall at her master’s feet and make love, not war. Weak in the knees, she trembles with nervous excitement and nearly swoons, feeling faint and somewhat woozy as the poison of passion starts to set in…

Pathos took a good hit from TAIL WHIP, losing about an eighth of hit points. Energy use was minimal, his store still almost fresh. Katherine has not lost any health so far, though she’s currently deeply ATTRACTed to Pathos, and will start to feel the fatal effects of love soon. Her energy use was also small.

Pathos led this round entirely in terms of charm, wrapping both Katherine and the audience around his chocolate-coated finger. There’s still plenty of time for Katherine to make a comeback though, if she can manage to pull out of her giddy state.

Trainers, Round Two PMs please.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #13
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
"You're not the worshipping type, after all, Bounce about excitedly at your new found love interest, it's not your fault if you accidently bounce on him in the process. Well girl, sorry to say, you're going to get your heart broken. Of course, it won't last, he's trying to use tricks to win you over, he doesn't really love you. Heck, he might even attack you, either that or lull you further. If he does slip up and dare attack you, breaking your poor heart, you'll defiantly want some sweet revenge, Double-Edge him as soon as you get the chance. Not enough? Well throw in a Horn Drill while you're at it. Don't fall for his tricks, he's sly, but it would never work out~"
With no response from Silver Wind, the judges declare Katherine the winner! SP-Eevee wins by DQ!

Congratulations, you two. =3 As proof of your victory, we hereby present you with this lovely Cute Contest Normal Rank Ribbon . You shall also receive a special chocolate Ponyta figurine, for either devouring or display. ^-~

Thank you all for coming! See you next time! <3
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Contest Hall Records