UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Metro Cerulean

Old 05-29-2018, 12:08 PM   #1
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Beginnings: George's Story

"Alright... this is it. No more second guessing myself. I'm doing it. I'm leaving. We're going on an adventure..."

The reflection of a Dark hooded figure spoke back to George, assuring him of his conviction to start this journey. Of course, he was only talking to himself, but the support of a reflection of himself made him feel almost philosophical. It was something he'd do to draw out motivation, something that for the most part worked. This time was a bit more of a struggle.

"... What do you mean it's dangerous outside!? We can handle it, we're great! Yeah! We can handle anything we come across... No I won't miss home. I'll come back once I've made more of a name for myself... If I make a name for myself..."

Doubt plagued him as he sank back onto his bed, staring up at the ceiling contemplating his options. He heard the door slowly open, and Ruby popped her head through the gap, wondering what all the commotion was. She leapt up onto George's chest, staring down at him with her beady eyes.

"... Vul?" she questioned what his mood was all about, trying to comfort him during this existential crisis.

"I dunno if I can do it Ruby. Can we really take on the world as we are now? Are we ready?"

Vulpix grew hotter, clearly a little upset at George's wavering resolve. She jumped off of him, scurried towards the door and stood firmly. As George got up to see what she was doing, she kicked the door open and held it, signalling her dissaproval.

"... you're right. I should just do it. No turning back."

George reached the front door, but turned back to look at his living room. The cosy feeling of home; the furniture, the kitchen, the food, the bed. He would give up all of these things in pursuit of his dreams.

"... nobody's home..." George noticed the emptiness of the house without his family. They didn't even know he was even considering doing this, but it was his own decision. Nobody elses. It was his life and he's choose where to take it. With a hesitant step, he moved out of the front door, locked it behind him, and set off, with Ruby fast on his heels.

"Okay... first we need to visit the Plaza. I wanna check out the shops and see if there's anything worthwhile there. Then I guess... maybe we head in the direction of Mt. Moon? I hear there's some interesting stuff that happens there. I just hope we're up to it..."

Ruby leapt into George's arms, happily crying up at him in encouragement. George smiled back, heading towards the Plaza with a spring in his step. His journey was finally under way!

Last edited by Midgeorge; 05-29-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:24 AM   #2
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

It's a beautiful day in Cerulean City, and the Plaza is PACKED with people going about their business. Street vendors clamoring for attention, bright storefronts with lines out the door, and plenty just walking around enjoying the lovely weather. It seems like you picked a good day to start an adventure! Some of your friends wave as you pass by, but don't stop to do much more than exchange greetings before they're off again, doing who knows what.

Your browsing bears some fruit, and you see plenty of vendors with competitive prices. One in particular seems to offer the most interesting things for reasonable costs, including a special deal on rare Liechi Berries - 20% off! However, as you're distracted by the displays, someone rushing through the throngs of people collides with you, tumbling end over end. Jumping up immediately and brushing her thick, frizzy brown hair out of her eyes to reveal coke-bottle glasses over a pair of baby blues, your assailant rushes over to you, panicking.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I was NOT looking where I was going! Are you okay? Did I elbow you or anything? I was just in such a rush getting these to Marigo- Eek! My report!"

In her haste, it seems the girl had spilled some of her stack of papers on the ground. Thrusting the rest of the papers into your hands, she set about gathering the loose pages up immediately, snatching them out from underfoot and causing quite a ruckus. The top page in your hand read "Fossil Strata in Mount Moon and Their Relation to Evolutionary Stones, by Jen Kordona."

In just a few seconds, Jen snatched up every page and had gratefully taken the stack back from you.

"I'm so sorry about that! Here, let me make you an offer: after I get these to Marigold, I'll get you lunch as an apology. My favorite cafe is here in Misty Plaza, and I could REALLY use a cup of nice hot tea after the stressful day I've had today!"

What will you do?
Old 05-31-2018, 04:15 AM   #3
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

After passing some friends and catching on life, George and Ruby headed over to the Plaza. The atmosphere was electric, thousands of customers all browsing, a lot of them trainers like George looking for items and medicine for the journey. George often preached anti-consumerism from behind his computer screen, but in retrospect he was just another member of society, and quickly gave in to his material needs.

"20% off, that's amazing! What do you think Ru-"

A girl crashed into him as he finished his sentence, tripping over him and faceplanting the floor. Luckily her glasses didn't seem to be damaged but her pride must have been. As George approached and tried to console her, she sprang up.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I was NOT looking where I was going! Are you okay? Did I elbow you or anything? I was just in such a rush getting these to Marigo- Eek! My report!" George noticed the papers that she had dropped slowly drifting away in the breeze. As he went to try and help, she shoved the rest of her papers into his arms. As he was about to retort and ask if she needed help, he noticed the cover page of the document.

Fossil Strata in Mount Moon and Their Relation to Evolutionary Stones, by Jen Kordona... that could be interesting...

George looked down at Ruby as the thought crossed his mind, and she looked back at him curiously. This could be advantageous to him to learn about Evolutionary stones and where to find them.

... plus she's kinda cute too... No! This isn't the time to be flirting, you've got an adventure to go on! George snapped himself out of it as Jen took the papers back off of him, having retrieved the rest of them.

"I'm so sorry about that! Here, let me make you an offer: after I get these to Marigold, I'll get you lunch as an apology. My favorite cafe is here in Misty Plaza, and I could REALLY use a cup of nice hot tea after the stressful day I've had today!" George blushed a little bit from the proposition, but quickly calmed himself.

"I'd be happy to take you up on that! Say, you're Jen Kordona right? I just saw the title of this paper and if you don't mind I'd like to talk to you a bit more about it." As George talked, Ruby jumped up into his arms and glanced at Jen, letting out a quick Cry and a smile of approval. She really is the best wing-man.

"See I've got a Vulpix, and it would be really cool if there was any way to get my hands on a Fire Stone. Why don't I join you for a little bit and we can talk?" George smiled at her, awaiting her response.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Metro Cerulean