UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 07-29-2007, 06:12 PM   #1
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Lunar Delta
Kickass anime ED theme

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l76vyx

Ever since I heard this in a "Best Song" contest over at Gamingforce, I simply cannot stop listening to it. It is the very definition of kickass, and I feel the need to share it now. This song totally reaffirms my belief in ALI PROJECT's awesomeness. If you're familiar with the Rozen Maiden OP theme, this song could be considered a very close cousin of it. The difference being that this song is in a different key (which one, I cannot say... yet) giving it a slightly melancholy sound, compared to Kinjerareta Asobi's more upbeat feeling.

But, all of the same elements are there: a thumping bassline, and a truly splendid and unique vocal rhythm, which seems to be a hallmark of AP's anime OP and ED themes.

Just thought I'd share. Download this song now! In fact, the entire .hack//Roots soundtrack is awesome, so just go ahead and get the whole thing.
Lunar Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:23 PM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: Kickass anime ED theme

I really don't like ALI PROJECT's habit of rendering their vocal semi-unintelligible so that it sounds like "singing through a Walkie Talkie."

This song SOOOOOOOO sounds like Rozen Maiden OP 1's long-lost twin sister. O_o Holy shit. The song sounds more Rozen Maiden than Rozen Maiden OP 2. And of course way more than the "black sheep" of the family, Rozen Maiden OAV OP.

Doesn't really sound very DDR-able, though. StepMania with fingers on a keyboard, maybe, but not DDR ... I can't imagine trying to dance to this. It'd either have too few arrows or have so many you'd trip over yourself. There's no middle ground.

Man, if I had not known better, I would have mistaken this for a sneak peek of "Rozen Maiden Season 3's opening." Holy shit, it's making me sad for a third season. Dunno why "sad" ... but I feel sad. Like ... like I really, really want Season 3 out, now. ^_^; Suigin Tou forever!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime