UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 09:29 PM   #276
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Since the TCG has now successfully moved to BMG, any ideas on when the Neo Destiny set will be released? That's one set I'm pretty excited for. Thanks for all the work you've done so far!
Old 03-13-2015, 05:13 AM   #277
enchantress
Queen of the Night

It's ready to go and will be released at Easter.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:04 AM   #278
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
It's ready to go and will be released at Easter.
Good to know, thanks! =D
Old 04-03-2015, 01:28 PM   #279
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

The Dream World states to refer to the Egg House's rarity schedule for rare/common Pokemon but I can't find it on any of the 3 Egg House front pages. Can someone point me in the right direction please
Old 04-03-2015, 01:35 PM   #280
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
It's in the new Egg House on BMGf, which will go live once the Friend Safari finishes.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:36 PM   #281
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Been a while since the last update on the Friend Safari, is there anything to happen there soon? We know Arc is done with her group, and it looks like Tess is mostly done with hers other than Talon and maybe one or two other people that haven't replied to updates yet, so it's mostly about Stark who we last heard threw out his back and couldn't update. Any news on that?
Old 04-20-2015, 01:19 AM   #282
Stark
Rainbow Badge

I will attempt to get something written up this week for for the four of you who are waiting.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:56 AM   #283
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Is there any plans to make any items that teach FB Custom Moves a bit more accessible? Some of them, like Thorns, Fatal Attraction, and Unfinished Symphony, haven't seen the light of day in years to my knowledge. Anything like, making them available in the CfP or Pokémart, maybe even available in zones, or something like that? I've actually had a suggestion in mind, I dunno why I never brought it up- maybe Custom Moves could be made teachable in the Calendar to Pokémon that aren't compatible with TMs and/or Egg/MT moves
Old 05-20-2015, 08:47 AM   #284
enchantress
Queen of the Night

They're available in the new Staff Prize Shop.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:58 PM   #285
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
They're available in the new Staff Prize Shop.
I believe they were available in the old one as well, weren't they? Which is kinda what I'm getting at- I'm talking making them more accessible for non-staff members, I apologize if I wasn't clear on this. I'm not saying they should be easy for non-staff members to get outside of events, of course, just possible. Maybe make them available in the Pokémart at prices that would require a fair amount of RPing to be able to afford, or available as rewards in zones (if they're not already available as such, though I've never heard of them being findable in zones).

Also, any feedback on the idea I brought up about making them available in the Calendar for Pokémon that otherwise wouldn't be able to learn TM and/or MT/Egg moves? Basically, this is what I'm thinking...
  • If a Pokémon is incompatible with any TMs or has no Egg or MT moves, a Custom Move can be taught to them on their birthday in lieu of the kind of move they aren't able to get anything from (for example, a Scatterbug would be able to learn Brain Freeze in lieu of a TM on Scatterbug Day, since Scatterbug isn't compatible with any TMs).
  • This is only for Pokémon that are outright incompatible with any moves from that category, as opposed to having already learned all the ones they can get (for example, a Cascoon could get Chocolate Magic in lieu of a TM, but never in lieu of an Egg/MT move, even if it's already learned Snore, Electroweb, Bug Bite, and Iron Defense), mostly for the sake of fairness, and partly because it'd be a royal pain to keep track of that sort of thing.
  • Any pre-existing restrictions for Custom Moves would still apply- basically, Ice Barrier is still only teachable to Ice-types, Shadow Pokémon still can't learn Custom Moves, and a Smeargle would still need to use up a Sketch.
  • Gummi Bomb and Defensive Shield cannot be taught in this manner.
  • Pokémon that have Egg and/or MT moves and are compatible with TMs are, of course, ineligible for this.
  • In the case of Pokémon that can't learn TMs and have no Egg or MT moves, only one Custom Move would be teachable (so Ditto would only get one Custom Move for free on Ditto Day).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 05-23-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:32 PM   #286
enchantress
Queen of the Night

I can see where you're coming from with the calendar but at this time we have no plans to extend custom moves beyond the staff forum.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:22 AM   #287
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

I know I've been bottling this up for a long time, and judging from the timeout thread a couple weeks ago others have too. I think it's time the staff reopened the registration.
Fizzy Bubbles needs new members badly! We keep losing members but the people wanting to join to fill their place are locked out. I know staff has said it will happen sometime after the Friend Safari, but is that really realistic? It's almost been a year since it started and it still isn't finished! Besides, you can still keep the safari open for people who aren't finished :/

Another thing, where is Gen VI? I know, I know after the Friend Safari, but like I said before, that isn't a realistic goal. X and Y have been out for 18 months now, yet Gen VI Pokemon still haven't been added! It feels like all of Fizzy Bubbles is being held back by this one event! I'm not trying to be rude here, but Fizzy Bubbles needs to move on from the Friend Safari.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:31 AM   #288
Mercutio
Banned

I know of several people, ASBers and otherwise, who would very much like to join FB. From my limited and external perspective you guys are in danger of dying out as a bit of an irrelevance, maybe it's a good time to reevaluate priorities and let some new blood in? Personally I'd be rubbish at FB but more is usually merrier
Old 06-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #289
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'm with ES here. It feels like everything is hinging on the Friend Safari coming to a close, and we're now coming on a full year since it was started, not to mention Stark's been missing for over a month now (and the majority of the people left in the Friend Safari are his updatees). I'm all for registration being reopened and Generation VI being fully implemented now, and the Friend Safari still in place so that the few people still in there can still get their catches.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:39 PM   #290
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

We only discussed this a few days ago and decided that we're opening the BMG registration first and shortly. We were just deciding about the registration test as it's a bit out-dated. So keep your eyes open, you should see some movement soon. I believe our priorities are exactly where they should be and we do hope to re-fill FB's member base back up with excited new members. I do worry however that the lack of updaters will be off putting. If anyone is interested please contact either Tess of myself. I am still waiting on responses to PM's sent a while ago on this subject, we would love new updaters to join the ranks of the hard working ones we already have.

With regards to the Friend Safari, Tess has taken over Stark's group and is working on updates presently in between her busy schedule. We're quite worried to have not heard from Stark and hope he is well but we are continuing on without him. Most of the Gen 6 changes have been implemented already, I think its only the Egg House left. I'll discuss it with Tess and Arn about implementing the changes before the end of the FS (which is hopefully not far away now).

Thank you for being patient, its not always easy to get things moving quickly but we are trying. I've been a little distracted by my application for a seconded university place to further my career and probably will be if I'm shortlisted for interview but I do try to be active.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:09 PM   #291
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
If Stark's injured his back that might explain the lengthy absence. A back injury from a fall would put someone out of commission for a good couple of months...

Great to see we're tossing some Ho-oh feathers onto FB.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:09 PM   #292
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Are there any plans to make Rare Candies purchaseable with Pokédollars? I get why this was never the case back when the Pokémart accepted coins, but considering that Pokédollars must be earned via RPing, it's not really free levels by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:30 PM   #293
enchantress
Queen of the Night

No. With the exception of the free weekly candy they're being left more for rewards and events. They're not so rare if you can freely purchase them.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:49 PM   #294
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Missingno Master does bring up an interesting idea. Maybe instead of buying rare candies, you could spend Pokédollars at the Daycare for an extra level boost? (+2 levels instead of +1 for example). I suggest this because I feel leveling up a Pokemon goes very slowly. Though you can level up a Pokemon in zones, it's not nearly as reliable as the Daycare. Even with the Daycare though, a Pokemon can't get much more then 52 levels a year. That's just one Pokemon on a members team, many of which have over 25 Pokemon. I just think we need a more efficient method of leveling up.

Last edited by EpicSquirtle; 09-07-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:21 AM   #295
Heather
Naga's Voice

So Iadopted a Plusle and I'm having trouble figuring out what it's moves are-as it's level 1 and stripped of all EM/Tutor moves, would it be considered to know all of the moves Veekun lists for it as innate (learned at level -), or only some of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 09-09-2015, 06:38 AM   #296
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

You should use the Serebiidex or the Pokedex of Bulbapedia.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #297
atlantis_kid99
Boulder Badge

Enquiries:
  1. When a Pokémon is in a zone and therefore unable to enter the shops, are they allowed to be given candies or be bought TMs?
  2. Moreover, are they allowed to enter trainer battles?
  3. With the new CfP, how do we obtain evolutionary items such as the Dragon Scale and Reaper Cloth?
  4. How much time must pass after a reply without an update before a Pokémon active in a zone can be used again in shops?
  5. I’m interested in updating again (but for only two or three people at a time to ensure I can update manageably, and reliably). How might I apply?

Suggestions:

I’ve only come back a short while but from what I’ve seen FB is clearly short of active members, particularly RPing members. Registration has been closed for a while now except at BMG. This is understandable given everyone has lives and cannot be expected to update newbies to the detriment of their other commitments, but if they're being deterred because the updating load is that high for them, therein lies the problem. We have an updater shortage, because we have a member shortage, because we have an updater shortage…

So here is my proposal.

Changes:
  1. All three member’s registration threads are open permanently
  2. Would-be applicants are given the Registration Test as they arrive
  3. If/once they pass, they are put on a waiting list, ordered by either application date OR test pass date
  4. Updater(s) are able to take on as many or as few newbies as they like, which has the huge benefit of flexibility for the updater. People’s schedules can be busy after all and this encourages the updaters to stick around for the long haul if they know they can plan their updating load around that big project coming up next month. (First adventures are supposed to be shorter anyway so it’s not like updaters are being asked to plan for the next year.)
  5. Not all newbies will stick around after they pass the test so give them 7 days chance to start an adventure before the updater moves to the next person down.

I’ve written this up with the Arcane Realm in mind (as this was what I went through when I was a newbie) but this could be easily applied to any zone.

The benefits I can see are:
  1. A steadier influx of new members. The lifeblood of FB. You might say, wouldn’t always-open registration be overwhelming? Most likely not, because...
  2. The influx of new members is regulated by updater availability not mod availability*. Lots of updaters? Lots of newbies. Everybody’s got overtime or exams? No problem, because nobody will pick up extra updatees.
  3. First-come, first-served registration is fairer. I don’t know if this is still the case, but people used to wait months or years to get into FB, and unless they checked the thread every few days, chances were they’d miss out when the rego thread did open, making it feel like they waited for nothing.
  4. Applicants can choose their preferred homeboard. A pro for new members, but debatable for FB.
  5. Greater RPing activity in general. Yes, this ties back into (1), but it really must be emphasised. New members can easily become new updaters. And if our current updaters are being updated, this encourages them to write updates themselves— a positive feedback loop.

*I’m aware that in many cases (Tess, Arc) the updater is also the mod.

Cons:
  1. Updaters are still liable to disappear. No matter how conducive an environment might be to regular and reliable updates. For a first adventure in particular, this is undesirable. One solution is to only use updaters with a proven track record. Another is to impose a limit on the number of updatees an updater can take on at the start, to minimise the number of people “let down”.
  2. Applicants can choose their preferred homeboard. Yes this is a con as well as a pro because this might lead to one or two homeboards being disproportionately more active than the other. (I believe the benefits outweigh the costs.) One solution is to have registration open permanently, but only one board at a time, and on a rotating month-by-month basis.

This is just a passing idea of mine, and I may be critically uninformed of recent dialogue concerning registration, so I’d be interested to hear of any glaring flaws in this plan.

Last edited by atlantis_kid99; 01-08-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #298
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Enquiry #1. You can give candies at any time. Just link to the Candy Store.

TM's can be used anywhere, but the Training Center is available to ensure there's a record. It doesn't count as a weekly drop off either, so Pokémon in zones (and other shops) can learn a TM at the Training Center.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:29 PM   #299
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis_kid99 View Post
Enquiries:
  1. When a Pokémon is in a zone and therefore unable to enter the shops, are they allowed to be given candies or be bought TMs?
  3. With the new CfP, how do we obtain evolutionary items such as the Dragon Scale and Reaper Cloth?
  4. How much time must pass after a reply without an update before a Pokémon active in a zone can be used again in shops?
  5. I’m interested in updating again (but for only two or three people at a time to ensure I can update manageably, and reliably). How might I apply?

Suggestions:

I’ve only come back a short while but from what I’ve seen FB is clearly short of active members, particularly RPing members. Registration has been closed for a while now except at BMG. This is understandable given everyone has lives and cannot be expected to update newbies to the detriment of their other commitments, but if they're being deterred because the updating load is that high for them, therein lies the problem. We have an updater shortage, because we have a member shortage, because we have an updater shortage…

So here is my proposal.

Changes:
  3. If/once they pass, they are put on a waiting list, ordered by either application date OR test pass date
  4. Updater(s) are able to take on as many or as few newbies as they like, which has the huge benefit of flexibility for the updater. People’s schedules can be busy after all and this encourages the updaters to stick around for the long haul if they know they can plan their updating load around that big project coming up next month. (First adventures are supposed to be shorter anyway so it’s not like updaters are being asked to plan for the next year.)
  5. Not all newbies will stick around after they pass the test so give them 7 days chance to start an adventure before the updater moves to the next person down.

I’ve written this up with the Arcane Realm in mind (as this was what I went through when I was a newbie) but this could be easily applied to any zone.

The benefits I can see are:
  1. A steadier influx of new members. The lifeblood of FB. You might say, wouldn’t always-open registration be overwhelming? Most likely not, because...
  2. The influx of new members is regulated by updater availability not mod availability*. Lots of updaters? Lots of newbies. Everybody’s got overtime or exams? No problem, because nobody will pick up extra updatees.
  3. First-come, first-served registration is fairer. I don’t know if this is still the case, but people used to wait months or years to get into FB, and unless they checked the thread every few days, chances were they’d miss out when the rego thread did open, making it feel like they waited for nothing.
  4. Applicants can choose their preferred homeboard. A pro for new members, but debatable for FB.
  5. Greater RPing activity in general. Yes, this ties back into (1), but it really must be emphasised. New members can easily become new updaters. And if our current updaters are being updated, this encourages them to write updates themselves— a positive feedback loop.

*I’m aware that in many cases (Tess, Arc) the updater is also the mod.

Cons:
  1. Updaters are still liable to disappear. No matter how conducive an environment might be to regular and reliable updates. For a first adventure in particular, this is undesirable. One solution is to only use updaters with a proven track record. Another is to impose a limit on the number of updatees an updater can take on at the start, to minimise the number of people “let down”.
  2. Applicants can choose their preferred homeboard. Yes this is a con as well as a pro because this might lead to one or two homeboards being disproportionately more active than the other. (I believe the benefits outweigh the costs.) One solution is to have registration open permanently, but only one board at a time, and on a rotating month-by-month basis.

This is just a passing idea of mine, and I may be critically uninformed of recent dialogue concerning registration, so I’d be interested to hear of any glaring flaws in this plan.
First, to answer your questions;

1: Yes. Candies and TMs can be used on Pokémon without needing to drop them off at any shop. The Candy Store doesn't take dropoffs in the first place, and the Training Center only takes dropoffs for the teaching of HM moves. Moreover, the Training Center isn't even mandatory for teaching TMs (except in the case of using non-TM items to teach Pokémon moves they can't normally learn, like using a Lapras Plushie to teach Ice Beam to a Weedle). It's just an added option for our convenience in terms of keeping records, but we're allowed to use TMs on Pokémon basically anywhere in FB. Hell, I once used a TM on a Pokémon within a zone.

2: I gotta double-check this one, but I think they are allowed to be used in Trainer battles, yes. At least, I've never seemed to have any problem when I used my Meowth in a short-lived tournament, while also having him out in almost every zone I'm currently in.

3: They're only available in zones. The idea is to make more of an incentive to RP.

4: I'm not sure on this one. For some reason I'm thinking "two weeks", but that doesn't sound quite right to me.

5: I believe you gotta PM one of the mods for some sort of test.

As for your proposal, as far as I can see, it looks pretty good. At the very least, I think we can all agree that all three registration threads should be reopened- FB is in serious need of some new blood, that much is certain. And I definitely agree with the notion of letting newcomers pick their own homeboard- as it is right now, registration is only open at BMG, which is looking by far to be the least popular option for a homeboard, and I think that's hurting things- most of the people registering on BMG currently have made BMG accounts solely for that purpose. Given the choice, I'm willing to bet most, if not all of them, would have signed up on Serebii or UPN instead. The thing is, by forcing people to be BMG homeboarders instead of signing up on the homeboard of their choice, I think that we're actually deterring a lot of potential FBers. Some people might want to be a part of FB but have nothing to do with BMG- it's not entirely out of the question, considering Talon has some sort of aversion to signing up on Serebii. And the BMG portion of FB is as dead as a Klang whose minigear didn't come back, so that can't exactly look good to any of BMG's regulars. The last time we got a good amount of BMG homeboarders was only because of a promotion Tess did, giving away a limited number of Starter Eggs to new BMG homeboarders, and of the new homeboarders we got from that, only EBE and sbd are still active. My point being, we definitely need more than just BMG's registration open if we want new members in FB.

Anyway, though, I personally think you have a good idea here.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:29 AM   #300
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Quote:
Enquiries:
1) Yes, they can be given candies and TM's as neither involve a shop stay.
2) Yes they can enter trainer battles but NOT if they're in a shop.
3) Evolutionary items are no longer available in CfP's. Members must RP for zone rewards or trade for them.
4) If you've not received an update four weeks after posting you may use the Pokémon elsewhere. However, if you've been updated but have chosen not to reply without providing any reason as to why, then the Pokémon remains locked to that adventure.
5) PM me and we'll talk ^_^.

Quote:
Suggestions:

1) This isn't too far off happening anyway.
2) This already happens provided they post correctly.
3) I like this idea.
4) Updaters already have this option.
5) Again, I like this idea.

I'm not arguing your points as far as the benefits of keeping registration open goes, you've raised nothing I've not said before. Last time we had them all open things were running nicely. At the moment I do have a few projects on the backburner that keep being shelved as other developments arise, but as soon as they are out of the way I'll look at incorporating a couple of your suggestions into the mix when we re-open.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records