UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 01-05-2024, 01:05 AM   #726
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

random facts about my trainer and his team because it's midnight and also screw it:
  • The Team Plasma that Elijah deserted is actually the third iteration of the team. I'll leave that one up for interpretation but one thing that I will say is that they're really adamant about covering up anything that they've done in the past.
  • Elijah's team doesn't really have a concrete theme. While I did entertain it for a bit I thought that going in the direction of "whoever wants to be with him" would probably fit his character the best. That being said, there is a metaphorical theme that I want to work towards of some sort—probably along the lines of "found family/one big support group." This one hasn't really been explicitly laid out because this isn't based on any species of Pokémon and thus didn't really have a place in my Memakyu (but I did manage to slip something in there and nobody's complained about that).
  • On that note: I'm generally pursuing a story arc of healing and moving past trauma. I know that it's very blatant that nearly everyone's characters have dealt with trauma in some way, but I want to go a step further and explicitly put that in the past and just let him have the support—even if it comes from unexpected places.
  • Canonically, Elijah doesn't really play favorites. How are you supposed to do that when you only know maybe one tenth of the National Dex and have a fear of interfering in the affairs of other Pokémon?
  • Ion might seem very insensitive—and he definitely is—but he also means well. He's just absolutely terrible at social skills and just thinks that it's funny to egg his trainer on. There's a reason for this but I don't want to get into it just yet. I've definitely hinted at it at least once at this point though.
  • The Zorua and Castform absolutely will get nicknames at some point, I just haven't thought anything up just yet. Canonically, Elijah's a little too afraid to really mess with them.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 12:07 PM   #727
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Scolipede scolipede

scolipede
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 12:16 PM   #728
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Old 02-28-2024, 11:07 PM   #729
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:50 PM   #730
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, it's after midnight, this thread's been gathering dust again, and I love a good infodump, so here's one fact about each of my Trainer characters.
  • Keith once tried to learn Sludge Bomb, but after the third vomiting spell decided against it.
  • Gavin's first word was the F-bomb. His mother was torn between amusement and disapproval. His father couldn't stop laughing for hours.
  • Terri was a firsthand witness to when the Brass Tower was struck by lightning- Ecruteak is not far from Alph, after all. She was beside herself with worry until word reached Alph that not only were there only three casualties, but that they got better.
  • Willa secretly takes lessons in speaking Banette from Myrtle, and plans to surprise Keith with this once she is fluent in it. It's excruciatingly slow going, but neither of them is giving up on this.
  • Eddie has contact lenses, but vastly prefers his glasses, to the point where the only people who know this live in the lab with him. This personal preference has only intensified since he got his Key Stone set into his glasses.
  • Maribel's favorite color is black, which is seemingly at odds with her cheerful and pleasant demeanor. She doesn't have an explanation, she just likes how it looks.
  • Diana has sometimes considered dying her hair to get people to stop asking her if she dyes her hair. The amount of people who think she dyes her hair that shade of red to go with the Dynamax pun her name forms is staggering, and she hates that assumption.
  • Marv's passion lies in researching legends and myths, and is very knowledgeable on all sorts of legendary and Mythical Pokémon, particularly those of his home region of Sinnoh. Normally quiet and reserved, he nerded out to a comical degree after Tom caught his Phione.
  • Tom lost his father when he was just 12. On his deathbed, Oliver McPhione stated that his greatest regret, aside from not getting to see his son grow up, was also that he never got to sail around the world with his boy. It was after this that Tom finished building the ship he and his dad had been working on, named her the Mock Kelp just as they always said they would, befriended and caught a Chatot in the process, and set sail to see the world. He vowed to see the world from the helm of the ship his father helped build, and to live life without regrets.
  • ZZLZZ sometimes lies awake at night, wondering what her name was before ZZAZZ changed it- nobody remembers the original name of ZZAZZ victims, not even the victims themselves (on the rare occasion they survive the ordeal in the first place).
  • There are those who refer to Lily as the Dragalge of Death. Partly because of her intense and powerful battle style, and partly because if you bring harm upon anyone she considers family, you've marked yourself for death. The latter reason may or may not have been proven through example at one point.
  • Rose has had a number of relationships before meeting Eddie. Her last one before leaving Seven Island was with a Nurse Joy in training.
  • Helena keeps her Luxury Ball in a specially made metal casing that prevents it from being activated accidentally. She keeps this on her person at all times.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out