UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 02-19-2020, 03:07 AM   #201
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Silver Lining is also mentioned by Terminator Totodile as a Chapter 2 boss, but the area it's encountered in isn't accessible until Chapter 3. I found it incidentally while doing other things.

Spoiler: show
Like hunting the impossible to find Corpse Dragon.

Also,

What are the three rare enemies that need to be defeated to summon the Skeleton Dragon?

I've combed every inch of UPN Pass but I don't see anything special. What I've encountered:

Nightmare
Horror
Terror (rare?)
Megaolshark
Chaos Slime
Black Light
Party Slimes

Bosses

Impending Doom
Slime King

Runes I have not found yet:

Dragon Chef
Bugcatcher
The Havoc
Amayzee Dayzee
Corpse Dragon
Skeleton Dragon
Apocalypse Dragon
Acedia

Monsters not mentioned by Terminator Totodile:

Dragon King
Immortal Phoenix

Errors:

Clicking some of the tablets in the DQ Tower causes a graphical glitch showing them crack.
One of the items in the Vigi Battalion storehouse (where Mew the Gato is) is glitched to change when clicked on.
Snorby is also in two places: the Vigi Battalion soldier who upgrades the Dimensional Anchors, and a corrupt UPNer in the Chaos Castle.
When getting the Justice Orb, Chalis emerges from the chest you pull the orb out of. Was she chopped up into parts and hidden in the chest, with her ghost emerging from it?
There are some noclips in the UPN HQ refuge that allow walking on the balcony.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 02-19-2020 at 03:46 AM.
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 07:50 AM   #202
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

As someone who'd beaten the Corpse Dragon myself, I can safely say that it's perfectly locatable. Heck, there's a non-zero chance that I might've fought it twice! Just keep trying for it if it's really bothering you that much.

Given that there conveniently 3 non-dragon Rune Bosses in WF!UPN Pass, I'd imagine that those are our "rare enemies". This that you're just missing Acedia at the moment, which is unfortunately a random spawners alarm the Mighty Bird or the original Torkoal Hunt, so that's gonna be fun...

Everything on this list is in the game and killable, I think. I'm entirely unsure as to how the Amazee Daisy works (aside from needing Daisy recruited, of course), admittedly, but T.T. was clear that it's pretty rare to begin with.

If you're referring to what I think you are when you say "Dragon King", then of course T.T. wouldn't mention it- it's considered to be part of the Black Dragon fight rather than it's own thing. The Immortal Pheonix just isn't in the game yet, however.

@Snorby: he's actually not the only person like this- the Fallen Champion is heavily implied to be Naru (her placement in the castle, her higher status compared to the other Fallen sans EAI, and the fact they're the only explicitly female person in the whole army), and yet she's in charge of the afore-mentioned Dimensional Anchor building as well. Odd, right? However, it's worth mentioning that Battalion!Naru mentions that travelers from other worlds regularly wash up in their area and frequently getting trapped in this hellscape, and that their building is dedicated to helping such poor souls out. It strikes me as a bit curious that people who have dedicated the past half-decade of their lives to just surviving would have the will and resources to assist lost outsiders like this, but it's make sense if these folks were trapped travelers dedicated to keeping others from making the same mistakes they did, right? This would also explain how Vigi!Snorby knows exactly how far to go with upgrading the Dimensional Anchor- he likely over stimulated his own when he and Naru first arrived to WF. This is just a theory, though.

@Chalis: they're an incorrigible memester IRL, which seems to gave been translated as being extremely free-spirited and impulsive in the game (see: deliberately getting themselves arrested just to use the bathroom). They're mostly likely just pulling a prank here.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:49 AM   #203
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

There's only two recurring bosses in UPN HQ, the Acedia and Slime King. ID is supposed to be an event boss although I will note that it didn't drop anything when I killed it.

Since ID doesn't recur, that would mean the remaining dragons are one-time which contradicts what Kuno said about being able to challenge the rune gods multiple times.

The party I had been running into Timeo was Hanatori/Daisy/ABL/BBB. If what you say is true, Daisy likely needs to be the lead and it's a random encounter. If that's the case I can search it.

Mighty Bird was a unique situation because it was in the middle of Hyphenistan Range, meaning it was a long journey from either approach just to be disappointed. All of the other "idk" monsters are relatively close to a map point, making them less frustrating to deal with.

Which map is The Havoc on? TT isn't clear and there are multiple Chapter 2/3 areas where Ancient enemies spawn:

Strip Club - Ancient Wig
Pyramid - Ancient Monk
UPN Park - Ancient Ape, Bingus, Dingus

I had already killed a huge number of ancients in UPN Park looking for the Yeti, and never saw a rune for The Havoc. I also spent time hunting Ancient Wigs but not Ancient Monks.

As for "Dragon Chef" I'm going to assume that's around Burni Nation somewheres, but I never saw Tremors there, and tremors are a component for passing the Fizzyzone. Am I supposed to use the Seismic Axe to induce tremors? I believe I sold that thing a long time ago, and I've yet to find a replacement for it.

As for the duplicates,

I thought WF took place thousands of years in the future.

Blastoise and Dami battled centuries in the past, and the Master Debate Tower has been abandoned and left to automated robots. But Dami furnished a "flying chaos monster" for Jaxel to dissect that is not in Pasbell, allowing him to understand the 9th element. Jaxel's journal suggested that his staff were replaced by doppelgangers, which makes sense given what Kuno said about Sneaze. Similarly, Muyo has been sleeping for hundreds of years and I figured that most of the people on Emina Isle simply have no concept for how much time has past.

Without Loki, I cannot believe that Talon could gather the other crystals successfully. UPN HQ was getting its face smashed in by Hyphenistan forces. It would take a long time to reverse that kind of fortune.

Also, there's no resolution to the Deoxys situation. Unlike Kin, Deoxys was in a war between Misconsin-Dark Tower that paralleled Hyphenistan-HQ. Deoxys was also collaborating with Talon so there's something suspicious going on there.

Until beating the Chaos King I had anticipating seeing a Deoxys-dominated Misconsin area and Sneaze dominated Emina Isle docked on RPG Tower.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-19-2020, 10:06 AM   #204
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Notice the place with the largest number of Ancients? The UPN Park is where the Havok is, with its Rune spawning toward the center of the dungeon. It seems to have a low spawn rate compared to similar Rune Bosses (Immortal Reactor, Fury Pixie, etc.), though.

I'm fairly certain that either Lindsay or Jerichi (if not both) specifically say that WF is only 10 years in the future. Even discounting that, the Aura Demon is implied to be from the apocalypse that created WF, and is specifically stated to be from 9 years and a few months in the future. You've got that part of the timeline way off.

Old 02-19-2020, 10:26 AM   #205
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

The 10 years thing is from a poster in the Wild Peak construction site, but I dismissed it because nothing in that area or the WF itself makes sense:

-The construction site has been abandoned and is in ruins
-The poster is celebrating the opening of a park 10 years in the future
-The WF is completely destroyed by chaos, leading one to think the WP was never built

The entire area is full of contradictions and that's why I thought it was a nasty Lindsay-Jeri plot. Their relationship is unexplained and they completely undermine your faith in Talon. It also throws the story off the rails for understanding what is going on.

A chaos monster couldn't have been captured by Damicorp if the WP wasn't already leaking chaos energy centuries in the past, allowing for Jaxel to obtain a specimen and create the Failed Experiment.

Outside of Emina Palace (ancient civilization), the Failed Experiment (Jaxel experiment that couldn't acquire Chaos element), the only chaos monsters are the metal slimes surrounding the entrance to the WF, and Talon's singular crystal.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-20-2020, 08:10 AM   #206
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

OK, so I was able to open the door in the Arcane Lab, but I was disappointed by the entire thing.

The only reason I played the piano again was because I found the music irritating and wanted to change it. There was no puzzle related to the monsters in the lab afterall, so getting the staff was an anticlimax.

To add salt to the wound Kuno's theme doesn't stick if you leave that room. So I STILL have to listen to the annoying Arcane Lab music.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-21-2020, 04:37 PM   #207
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Kuno did you see Dragon Ball Super. Spoilers below.

In the climax of Super, Goku uses his Zeno Button in an apocalyptic future, which ends up summoning that future's version of Zeno, who subsequently erases Zamasu.

I think the same thing should happen when using Let's Go To The Mall in the Wild Future, summoning either an alt uhhhhh or something else entirely, like a scary boss.

@Median Dia

Where on the map is the Acedia supposed to appear? I've been looking for it for two days now but I don't know where it spawns, so I've had to comb the entire map. I'm afraid that it spawns in the slime area which is the one part of the map I don't look, since ID spanwed in that area and I'm anticipating it will either appear close to a map edge or in a big patch of grass.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-21-2020, 05:41 PM   #208
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I have not, but I want to believe in my heart that the power of dance transcends both time and space.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:55 PM   #209
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

I've only just started hunting down those Runes myself, so I'm not sure myself. My best lead is that one of the refugees
the young woman who handles the Rune tutorial in Ch. 1, specifically
mentions that they got chased out of their house by a Rune Boss, but hadn't been able to relocate since- sounds similar to how the Rune Shop handles most random spawners, no? Shame that I don't remember their hint on the Acedia off the top of my head, though...

Old 02-21-2020, 06:25 PM   #210
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
I've only just started hunting down those Runes myself, so I'm not sure myself. My best lead is that one of the refugees
the young woman who handles the Rune tutorial in Ch. 1, specifically
mentions that they got chased out of their house by a Rune Boss, but hadn't been able to relocate since- sounds similar to how the Rune Shop handles most random spawners, no? Shame that I don't remember their hint on the Acedia off the top of my head, though...
That specific one isn't actually in yet. It will be at some point.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:11 PM   #211
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm confused then. I thought Acedia was a pre-req to summon the Corpse Dragon? That you needed to beat ID, Acedia, and Slime King to summon Corpse Dragon and remove the pillars to the statue?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-21-2020, 07:15 PM   #212
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I'm confused then. I thought Acedia was a pre-req to summon the Corpse Dragon? That you needed to beat ID, Acedia, and Slime King to summon Corpse Dragon and remove the pillars to the statue?
Acedia is in, I meant there's an NPC that talks about fleeing their home or something because of a rune monster. That one isn't in yet. Acedia has a slightly different spawn mechanic than other random runes.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:16 PM   #213
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Honestly, I kinda suspected that Rune might not have made it in after perusing the Rune Shop's notes on the area. R.I.P.

Well, I dunno what the spawn conditions are still, but at least I know where it spawns now.
It's directly south of the area's entrance. Guess it's just that lazy?

Old 02-22-2020, 04:49 PM   #214
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Is there a trick to the Dark Crystal at ME's mansion?

I tried tackling that one first and got hopelessly lost, so I circled around and did all the others, but am now reluctant to go back and keep walking around without direction. ^^; Am I just supposed to keep wandering until I hit all the checkpoints? I've found a few, but Idk how many there are or if there's some kind of pattern...

On another note, hooray for Moonwalkers~ (Also I didn't know you could apparently row from Handy's hideout to Debate Wastes until I saw the Moonwalk option? o~o)

Btw, I read one of the fortunes at Bulk Club claims you'll miss out on [REDACTED] if you enter [REDACTED] with fewer than 25 Light Shards? Is this an accurate statement or a random hoax?
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 07:24 PM   #215
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

The crystal is in the same inaccessible dungeon as Balmund.

Also, I have no idea what that fortune is implying. I don't remember one like that.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-22-2020, 07:32 PM   #216
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

The Minor Fortunes are just silly, user-submitted jokes that don't amount to anything substantial, with exception whose benefits are immediate and obvious. Don't worry too much about this one.

Old 02-27-2020, 07:41 PM   #217
Lady Kuno

I feel like releasing what I have this weekend. Not done with cloud garden but I feel like everyone is behind on so many QoL stuff and fixes (like the fact you cant finish the game), that I'm just gonna update with whatever the hell I have. This should fix a ton of bugs and hopefully not introduce many more. Although I might release it for people on the discord first to do a bunch of tests first. Either way, I am making good progress on the Water Zone and good god I underestimated how big I intended CG to be, lol.

Old 02-27-2020, 07:57 PM   #218
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm glad I got to live long enough to see CG.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-28-2020, 10:54 AM   #219
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

>mfw when there's another super-long dragon fight at Burni-Nation

>mfw when halfway through another even stronger dragon shows up and kicks my ass

T.T

Man, I slogged through the first but ended up burning through a bunch of my MP restoration items. (Probably could've switched to someone with a draining ability but by that point I was committed. =3=) Thought I might be able to scrape through the second since I switched to just using Blood Magic to deal damage with ME (figured may as well use up the collection I've been saving at some point), but then the real Big Bad showed up and blew that idea out of the water. ='D Guess I'll just come back once I'm trained up more. ^^;

Hon had to help me gain access to the Green Dragon in the first place, although apparently I did have the right idea for one of the puzzles but never bothered to actually try it lol.

Curse my reluctance to waste MP on Stalk/Identify. OTL Now I feel like I missed out since I saw mention other enemies have unique messages? =O

I was also able to finish the Dark Crystal; when I went back turns out I only had one more checkpoint to hit - although I almost passed it by before noticing it wasn't activated yet. ='3

At any rate, currently stalling before going to war with Pasbell/Fizzytopia since I don't want to split my team up. =< (Also kinda waiting for the CG update lol)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 01:00 AM   #220
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Just wanted to pop in and say it's almost been three years since Regamening launched and I still hold it in the highest esteem. I got nostalgic because leading into that launch we had Sword/Shield debut 2 months earlier in late 2019, and I got bored with that just as UPN the Game II was released.

Now that Scarlet/Violet is out, the paradox mons remind me a heck of a lot of Chapter 6 in Regamening! Actually the entire twist story did, I'm not sure why since I think the details don't match up?

Anywhose, happy anniversary!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 11-20-2022, 06:34 PM   #221
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say it's almost been three years since Regamening launched and I still hold it in the highest esteem. I got nostalgic because leading into that launch we had Sword/Shield debut 2 months earlier in late 2019, and I got bored with that just as UPN the Game II was released.

Now that Scarlet/Violet is out, the paradox mons remind me a heck of a lot of Chapter 6 in Regamening! Actually the entire twist story did, I'm not sure why since I think the details don't match up?

Anywhose, happy anniversary!
Timeless meme

Old 11-20-2022, 06:36 PM   #222
phoopes
Double Dragon

Actually this one might be better

Old 11-22-2022, 08:02 AM   #223
Lady Kuno

I would like to have it done (for realzies with post game stuff) ideally by spring so I can start my next game.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:09 PM   #224
Sneaze
Mrow?

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 07:09 AM   #225
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
I would like to have it done (for realzies with post game stuff) ideally by spring so I can start my next game.
While it was easy to say this in November, I would like for it to be done hopefully early summer. Progress has been actually really good lately. But unfortunately, there are, as always, more hurdles to go through.

But after that, it's DONE DONE FOR REALSIES.

Also! There is a Wiki for the Regamening (I don't want someone to make a fandom one, ew). Abbey has done great adding in stuff and making pages, but it needs some real beautification. Would be a great way to help with hunts, runes, and other random stuff. It needs some formatting love, I have tried to make the Kuno page look nice but it still needs a right side panel thingy (like Bulbapedia's) with basic info, some more pretty stuff like maybe even icons, and ultimately a page for every skill/buff/etc but that's way down the road.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc