UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2020, 10:41 AM   #176
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
That party thing is why I think the Corpse Dragon is bugged. When I was hunting the Sewer Syrup, walking in the toxic sludge would drain the HP of all party members - active, inactive, or not even on screen. So I think the Corpse Dragon will require every single party member critical in order for it to appear, unlike Dusknoir.

Scrape Doll failed to protect attacking the Wind Element remnant boss. The boss used disintegration beam, Stlbk died, then Marion died. It hadn't been previously activated. But in an earlier run it activated in the same situation where Marion was by herself.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:16 PM   #177
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Does anyone know what monster drops the Bunny Ears?
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:25 AM   #178
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Spoiler: show
I can't find The Havoc or the Yeti in UPN Park. Is there some other trigger or condition for them to appear?

I've killed about 50 ancients (Apes, Dingus, Bingus) and I'm on the yeti quest.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:37 AM   #179
Median Dia
Snake of Rainbow Quartz
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere Spoopy
Posts: 1,656
Spoiler: show
The Yeti isn't in the game yet. I believe Kuno's said as much earlier in this very thread, but don't quote me on that one (it has been mentioned a couple times on Discord, at least).
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 12:04 PM   #180
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I'm completely out of money again. This game burns through loot like a cancer patient does morphine.

Worse, I used up almost all my souls and Zubat Sprays, so all I have are cards and dipolmas to rely on as consumables. In exchange, I got a bunch of Chaos Crystals for a sucky spell, and some okay to bad items from Fizzytopia.

On the whole, I think if you wanted to destroy one of the cities, Fizzytopia would be the one. Pasbell has better dances, memes, and items that are also easier to get. Fizzytopia just plain sucks.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:29 PM   #181
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess
 
Lady Kuno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 226,419
Yeti isn't in yet, ASB has DQ tower, but the "equivalent" area of FB (Cloud Garden) isn't in yet. I'm also buffing the arcade to make it a tad easier and give a better payout.
__________________
JUST NUKE THE FUCKING SUN
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:39 PM   #182
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
The casino's for-purchase items aren't worth the purchase at all, with the only interesting item (Yagrush) being locked out due to no void stones. By contrast, half the badges are worth getting and a lot of the other items like the fire cloaks and black magic hat are upgrades over the best equipment I have for the rest of the game. I've spent 4000 SP but maybe only 800 Rare Candy, with the rare candies mostly going to duplicates or inferior items.

The arcade is tough, but I still get 100+ points per game. That doesn't help though - hatching eggs is slow and random. Some of the items are good, especially with the Stalwart Egg, but the high chance of getting a meh item makes it an unpleasant experience.

I think I'd be less annoyed if I knew what items were possible to hatch from what egg. For the Jovial Egg (?), I pull nothing but Azure Swimsuits, and the Judgment Egg only White Magic Hats. This represented 500 candies and was essentially wasted time, as these items don't improve what I already have.

You can't even soft reset to determine if there are different items, because the item is decided the moment you purchase the egg.

...

Faced with no other alternative than to stew in poverty, I went to Hyphenistan and discovered the secret of the Wild Peaks.

Spoiler: show
I'm super annoyed getting chaos shards is so easy now. I dumped so many resources mining them earlier and now they're stupid easy to get.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:28 AM   #183
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Uhhhhh why's the game getting darker?
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:46 AM   #184
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I think the above^^ is a bug where the overlay for the Wild Area doesn't refresh upon returning to Independence Isle.

Story speculation:

Spoiler: show
It's hinted at that Talon is the Chaos King. Immediately destroying Hyphenistan, the evil nation of this game, would suggest that it's Regameing Talon who has a grudge against Lindsay.

That said, a lot of stuff doesn't make sense. How could Talon acquire Chaos power without the heroes? Moreover, why would he destroy the Blood Mansion and Kuno's House, if they didn't exist in this universe? Why would he be an enemy of the heroes to begin with?

I think the "Wild Future" is a perturbed vision of the future Lindsay is trying to deceive the characters with, and not the actual one. Too many minor details don't add up.

I think Talon is an imposter. He was a prince in the original game, so maybe king Talon is like...I dunno, unownmew? Chaka? BPK? Possibly some ancient UPN threat I don't remember. That said, I always liked Lindsay as the villain. She's sharp and intimidating whereas the real Lindsay can be goofy at times. Whereas, this version of Talon is pretty much a buffoon. So I'm hoping he's not the twist villain.

One of the minor fortune cookies suggested that "One of you is a Doppleganger!" so the threat that I'm impersonating someone always looms, much more in Wild Future than in the regular world where I'm chilling on Emina Isle.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:08 AM   #185
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Uh oh!

Spoiler: show

Evil Talon is such a sore loser he won't let me win.



I lost some progress but luckily I was super paranoid about saves. Torkoal Stu should be in UPN Passadena like he's in the normal one. Having to go through those windy woods just to save is really tough.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:45 AM   #186
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess
 
Lady Kuno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 226,419
Theres a thing there that can crash the game that I thought I fixed.

You bring up some good points on the egg stuff. Maybe I'll lower egg price AND have the option to just buy stuff directly, but have them more expensive than their Arena counterparts.
__________________
JUST NUKE THE FUCKING SUN
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:39 AM   #187
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I think the best way to edge the egg toward a certain item would be additional stuff like it's a baby. You buy the egg and then are offered the chance to buy additional services, like boiling it, giving it a bubble bath, tickling it, burying it, freeze it, or have it watch TV. It's ridiculous and funny because it's an unhated egg, not a baby, and doing such things would conventionally be bad for it. But such things would nudge the item toward a certain characters and remove the possibility of a purchase being completely wasted because it's an item you keep pulling several times in a row.

So if you want to be cheap, you just spend the 100 candies and get a random item. But you can spend more to nudge the item toward what you want.

The items should be buffed though given the Pasbell ones are outright better in some cases. Like the two Rock items I got for Loki are definite upgrades, but the Azure Swimsuit is questionable over the Sexy Bikini drop from the Lust Dragon, whereas the similarly named Azure Bikini from Pasbell is so much better due to boosting resistance, which is well worth the drop in raw stats offered by the Sexy Bikini or swimsuit.

Commando Shorts for example, almost equivalent to the Infernal Boxers from Beyond Bounds, enough that it felt like Fizzytopia gave out Chapter 3-ish rewards, while Pasbell gave out true Chapter 5 gear.

The Pasbell rewards also had me wondering when you're supposed to clear Emina Palace. I'm guessing that Emina Palace will be what TT hints at for rune bosses in Chapter 6, implying it's a Chapter 6 area (since Emina Isle, being accessible in Chapter 2, would imply that it would be mentioned in Chapter 2 with the Green Dragon from Emina Fortress). But a lot of the gear I got from Emina Palace got crept by the time I got to the End of the World. The only item from that dungeon that I still regularly use is the Butterfly Circlet.

...

Here's my midgame tier list for all the characters!

Spoiler: show

S Tier

ABL

A Tier

Marion Ette
Loki

B

Arnold
Daisy

C

Kuno
Stlbk
Blastoise

D

Copythe
Muyo


And my analysis!

Spoiler: show

The trend is that the characters who don't have any costs with their skills are stronger than the ones who do. ABL, Loki, and Arnold don't have to spend MP for their abilities, allowing them the freedom to use magic as they please. Marion technically needs bloods to use her skills but since bloods are easy to come by, they're essentially free.

S-Tier

ABL is S-Tier because she's by far the most powerful character in the game. Phoenix (Fire/Light) is the best typing because the high MDEF of the Light attribute patches the double weakness to Water and Dark magic. The Nurse's Hat patches her HP weakness, giving her the third-highest HP in the game behind Marion and BBB (who are Water type). Songs are super powerful and don't use MP, allowing ABL to use her Spells for support purposes as necessary. When all else fails, she can fall back on a high attack stat to just beat down enemies.

If ABL has a weakness, it's average speed. With her power you think she's as fast as Stlbk or Hanatori, but she's barely faster than Kuno, and that impacts battle quite a bit. Where I'm at she doesn't have any exclusive gear either, but that can be a benefit because in Daisy and Marion's cases, their "ultimate" items are worse than other items and can feel needlessly restricting. Otherwise though, her battle prowess is insane.

A-Tier

With the Multibear Claws, Marion is the best offensive tank in the game. Without it, I think she's B-Tier like Arnold. The Bloody Fists won't change this no matter how the changes are done, because the multi attack + HP recovery is essential for keeping Marion healthy, even more than the damage dealt. I recently obtained another fist that also has an HP drain on contact, so it has potential but I haven't tested it yet.

Ignoring the claws, Marion has a fantastic type/skill mix. She has no weaknesses because Blood Magic doesn't use MP, avoiding her type weakness and freeing up her MP for three of the most useful spells in the game, Regen 2, Poison 3 and Envenom. She has average stats but access to a wide range of equipment that allows her to be easily configured for a number of roles, including defensive tank or offensive wallbreaker.

Loki is the best defensive tank in the game. Despite the high attack stat, he is always using the MP-free Gun Fu which does tons of damage while he sponges damage. He has a strong typing since speed is his lowest stat and most of his equipment only further penalizes speed, which doesn't matter since he was always going to move last anyway. Quick Draw allows him priority if necessary. If he has a weakness it's no self recovery. He is also the ideal user of Hyper Beam since he doesn't suffer from the speed penalty - that said, it's generally a subpar spell on him due to average MAT.

B-Tier

Arnold has all the qualities to be excellent, but he's merely good, essentially a lesser version of ABL. Dances are like Songs but are weaker, while Dark has worse offensive and support spells than Fire, Light, Earth, and Water. Arnold also has poor access to equipment due to maxing out with standard gear.

That said, he's still one of the most useful characters in the game, especially as a support for Loki, Marion, and ABL. Arnold has the much coveted higher speed that ABL lacks, allowing him to use Merry Jig and boost his party before the enemy can move, improving Marion's offense and Loki's defense. The four of them can essentially battle forever (like in the arena) or murder any boss.

C-Tier

Kuno and Stlbk aren't bad, necessarily. They have access to the most powerful exclusive equipment in the game. But both are flawed really limited in their roles. Stlbk was the worst character in the game before his Wyrm equipment, since his low HP makes him susceptible to all damage and especially Water moves, but even after it, he is limited by one attack/turn and needs a lot of setup and critical hits to pile on big hurt. Stlbk has awesome skills and magic, but his Fire moves are often resisted, his elemental spells lose potency when he takes damage, and he's still fragile enough that strong physical or magical attacks will cut through his boosts.

Where I'm at in Chapter 5, I do not use Stlbk at all outside of areas like Beyond Bounds or Remnant, where he can oneshot monsters and keep up the pace with clearing those areas. I had Stlbk fully upgraded by Chapter 2 and I see in retrospect that much of what I considered "broken" was him simply having access to his high-level gear early on.

Kuno is a powerful defensive tank but unlike Loki, struggles to do damage. Because her light magic isn't that strong, she has to rely on Megakablamo to do passable damage, and that burns through MP quickly, which compromises her ability to act as a support character. If the opponent can't be drained she has to waste turns using items, and Kuno lacks the physical strength to do damage to the opponent.

Of the two, Kuno is better overall due to her high MDEF essentially cancelling out the Dark weakness, so Kuno doesn't need to rely on resistance-providing equipment. However, Kuno is susceptible to status and can still be overwhelmed by a strong physical attack or crits from a pack of monsters.

Blastoise is essentially the Kyurem-Black of Regameing. Ice is a strong typing but Blastoise's high MATK goes to waste because he only has a three skills (Ice 4, Ice 3 All, Magic Hex) to make use of them. His hexes are strong, but all his abilities rely on MP, and he doesn't have enough to use them to the fullest. He has one of the worst equip schemes in the game where he can ONLY use Melee or Heavy Melee, making him inelegible for some Standard armour that would really patch his defenses.

D-Tier

Muyo has the worst typing in the game and her skills are a poor fit for it. In fact, looking at Blastoise's skills I wonder if it's some UPN in-joke that Muyo and Blastoise are as badly matched as they are. Blastoise, with his support skillset, would do better with the typing that maxes MP, while Muyo with her offensive skills would benefit more from the highest MATK in the game.

Muyo's problem isn't the low DEF, surprisingly. It's that all of her skills use MP, which automatically makes her a mid to low-tier character, and Dying Will uses a lot of MP. This is a bigger problem than death, because Muyo revived by pr0n is immediately dangerous due to the low HP bonus to Dying Will, but without MP, those skills are locked out. Muyo has average speed which prevents her from hitting hard. I think Muyo would be great with an item that grants immediate haste, so I was annoyed that I sold the Bunny Ears for pennies earlier.

That said, Time Out is one of, if not the best skill in the game, as it is a guaranteed stun. My best team for farming chaos in the Wild Future is Muyo, ABL, Loki and Marion. ABL and Loki give multiple steals and Muyo gives them that opportunity without having to waste turns with buffs or attacks.

Copythe's strength is a natural resistance to most forms of status, but that doesn't make up for a bad typing, with a weakness to Light and Wind which require items to patch up. High natural defense is compromised by access to only standard armour. Science and Creepy Magic both use MP, meaning Copythe depends on MP to do anything and is subpar at physical attacks. His only notable trait is that Geometric Genocide is one of the best spells in the game, as it essentially inflicts every status effect possible on the opponent. However, against an opponent resistant to status who Muyo can't touch, Copethe is subpar.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:37 PM   #188
lilboocorsola
'Till we meet again
 
lilboocorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for the summer endroll
Posts: 5,056
Lil' Bluey

>mfw I learn you can switch party members mid-battle

>also mfw I find out you can use Dyno-mite clusters in the overworld

Lmao I sold all of mine previously since I assumed they were just big damage-dealing items I'd never use in combat. ^^; Guessing that's also how you deal with the cracked rocks in Burni-Nation...

In other news, found another secret character~

Spoiler: show
Copythe get! \o/


Currently trying to figure out how to find the Green Dragon, but the Emina Fortress still really confuses me. OTL I have no idea what any of the puzzles mean...? '~'

P.S. Daisy (+ Blastoise) for MVP vs. Chansey~ =3=b (Though even without Leftovers and Recover it was still a race against the clock before the darn thing ran away. >.>; )

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 02-18-2020 at 07:23 AM.
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:35 AM   #189
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess
 
Lady Kuno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 226,419
Interesting tier list but you left out poor Hana.

I decided to add a new high level hex skill for Blast that deals damage.
__________________
JUST NUKE THE FUCKING SUN
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:38 AM   #190
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Spoiler: show

C-Tier

Daisy

Daisy isn't bad...far from it. But if Kuno/Stlbk are flawed characters with specific uses, Daisy has no flaws but also no uses. She has decent, inexpensive support skills that get around her low MAT but make use of high MP (unlike another character, below), good defenses (thanks to amazing access to equipment) and good attack, but she doesn't excel in any particular area.

Daisy is versatile enough that when I divided the party in Chapter 4, I paired her with Kuno, since I felt like a DPS class like Kuno benefited having the strongest all-around sidekick. When you don't know what to expect, versatility is the best way to go. At that, Kuno can grant Daisy Immortality, bringing her back from death stronger than ever before.

My issue with well-rounded characters like her is she can get overwhelmed by a physical attacker with multi-crit attacks. So I don't really use her much, but she's good when I do use her.



Solid, not spectacular.

D-Tier

Hanatori

Hanatori is the definition of an early-game character. Her high speed and powerful Memes are perfectly suited for the Chapter 1-2 monsters, allowing her access to wide variety of crowd-clearing elemental damage and disruptive attacks. Crackadash and Merching Fishesssssss were insanely powerful early story with the water/fire weak foes. Jumpluff Storm is essential for draining MP from dangerous spellcasting foes, while Iron Tail is very useful against the high crit enemies like those seen in Emina Palace.

What set her apart from the lower tier characters is her memes are cheap, while doesn't impact her heavy-hitting elemental spells Wind 4, Wind 3 All and Choke 2.

However, I stopped using Hana around Chapter 3. She suffered from a number of ailments that reduced her utility, namely:

1. Party Medallion
2. Arnold
3. Lack of exclusive equipment
4. Inability to do damage
5. Typing

What made Hana great early on was her versatility, power, and low cost, but the Party Medallion allowed access to more specialized characters, reducing Hana's primary role. At the same time, because MAT is the lowest attribute for the Wind-type, Arnold became better spamming Wind moves, boosts and disrupts than Hana, since her disrupts/boosts are not strong and does low, expensive damage.

Flaming Afro Skeleton and DVD DVD DVD! are the only ones I use. Noisy Guitars bites because it's the same cost as Wind magic, meaning Arnold is so much better at killing Earth stuff with Mazurka. WTIDA! would be good in theory if Hana could actually kill stuff by sacrificing her speed.

The lack of exclusive equipment hurts too. While that can be a blessing (Daisy), it's not in her case, as she only has daggers for weapons and standard armour. Arnold has a better defensive typing (with immunity to Blind, Sleep, and Weakness), with his Dancer Cloak and Merry Shoes give him enough speed and overall higher stats to basically do what Hana did early game.

If I were to go all-out on maxing Hana's damage:



Stabby X is the best knife I can give her at this point, but 145 MAT is still well below average. Fully upgraded, she's a poor man's Stlbk and is probably the worst character in the game from Chapter 3+. Copythe has uses, Hanatori doesn't except as another source for lowering speed or buffing attack.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:19 AM   #191
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I beat the game a few nights ago since I had nowhere else to go, so here's my thoughts on what happened.

FIRST, overall. I told BPK last month (in a segment I will post below since it's relevant) that I considered this one of the best RPG Maker games I'd ever played, and it's good enough to get on my top 10 favourites list of all games ever.

Tie Fighter, BG1, RB, GS, Sengoku Rance, Rayman, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, StarCraft, One Must Fall: 2097, UPN II.

That list represents games that I have gone back to play again and again over the years, or if I can't replay then I watch LP's of them. I think UPN II fits well within that cohort because it's a deep game that isn't particularly linear and it's very often rewarding.

It is much better than the original UPN Game and the effort and maturity oozes everywhere. I was so infuriated by the difficulty of the original UPN Game that I hacked in my signature move, the Gamma-Ray Burst, so I could one-shot every enemy and remove the battle element from the game. UPN I also had the stamina system that I hated so much so the turn-based grind of this game was much more suited to my palate. And when my computer died, I didn't want to go through it again since it was tiring to

The biggest compliment I can give this game is that when bugs happened, or I deleted saves, I went back to replay things even if my last save was days earlier. The only thing I couldn't go back and replay was recruiting Yuki because I physically couldn't.

I was surprised that Daisy didn't draw everything. I was under the impression that a lot of the monsters like the angelics in Beyond Bounds, and clockwork nightmares in the DQ Tower, and some of the end bosses were her work as well.

This also explains where Morgoth went. I had feared he was eaten by Google.

THAT SAID, it is time for criticism. Hold onto your butts.

I consider this game 10/10 up through Chapter 4. The game was impossibly huge up until this point, with both new areas and a bonus dungeon to boot. But this started to fall apart in Chapter 5. I was surprised at how short Chapter 5 was, introducing no new areas except WF. But Chapter 6 was even shorter...no new areas!

WF had the potential to be like this game's Kanto, but it was unfortunately rather limited. Some plot lines like the missing resident in Emina Isle, the sealed house in Mt. Vigil, the basement of Ficonia Tower and the sealed door in the Arcane Lab weren't explained.

Spoiler: show

I was also expecting the Master Debate Tower to be this game's Durlag's Tower or Watcher's Keep, i.e. the ultimate dungeon, and it wasn't that. In fact its usage seemed rather hamfisted as Sneaze's base of operations.

Sneaze, Lindsay, and Talon were underwritten to me. Their motivations were confusing in Chapter 6 and I especially disliked how Lindsay sort of admitted she was a fodder boss destined to lose. I don't like enemies resigned to the meta aspect of being an obstacle to be defeated.

Sneaze - ruler of RPG Tower, he retains his memories of "the past" and wants to stop Lindsay and Talon for fear that they will end the game and force everyone back into the boring real world

Talon - ruler of UPN HQ, he has a comical beef against Lindsay for no reason in-universe (IRL dislike) but secretly desires the power of the crystals so he can live in a game world forever?

Lindsay - ruler of Hyphenistan, has a comical beef with Talon for no reason but desires...nothing but UPN HQ's destruction?

Lindsay-Talon mutual dislike is an easy plotline to understand, and it's funny. Talon backstabbing the heroes I didn't like, especially when VGM assured the group that Talon wasn't trying to kill them off. It seemed more comedic that this version of Talon is simply a buffoon and is getting his face kicked in by Lindsay because of his comical ineptness.

Sneaze's plotline doesn't make sense considering everyone seems to remember both the real world and UPN I, so having Lindsay-Talon also in on this meta aspect of the game feels tired and disappointing.


The ending theme as a metaphor for UPN fading was predictable for me, but not for the reasons said. Kuno at the end admits to Stlbk that they've grown apart because of life, but I commented to BPK that this was a lot more subtly handled earlier in the story:

January 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINE
Dopps UPN: The Game is very surreal.
Dopps I think the biggest surprise is that it's well constructed, and makes me wonder if Kuno is actually a pro game developer.
Dopps I've played a lot of RPG Maker games, since I was a big part of the community back in the day.
Dopps This is Top 3, perhaps Top 1, after A Blurred Line
Dopps Lots of subtle references that are really eerie to see
Dopps The closest comparison I can make of this game is it's like Little Busters.
Dopps I'm watching Steve Jobs introducing the iPhone
Dopps His presentation looks a million years ago
Dopps Like in terms of professionalism
McSweeney Is RPG Maker easy to use or do you need some level of knowledge in complicated programming?
Dopps The original RPG Maker 2000 was brainlessly easy to use. So much so, that it didn't have a very high ceiling.
Dopps You could make good games but never great ones, and they'd all look the same, using the basic resources that came with the engine.
McSweeney I seem to recall using that briefly
McSweeney I just ask because some map maker thingies are really complicated to use
Dopps Newer RPG Makers introduced better graphics and also allowed scripting, but that made those games more difficult for newbies to use.
McSweeney Civ 6's, for example, to make certain changes you need to like go into the game code and modify tiny little lines of code
Dopps I think Corpse Party? most famous RPG Maker game ever, RPG Maker 2000.
Dopps All original artwork. You don't see that with anything beyond RPG Maker 2003.
McSweeney Can you make a game with RPG Maker and then sell it with no royalties to the RPG Maker people?
Dopps You mean Enterbrain, the developer?
Dopps Enterbrain doesn't publish games.
McSweeney But fi you're using their engine to make a game, I assume you have to get a license from them? Or no? I don't know how that works.
Dopps Anyway with Kuno's game, he basically embraced the RTP (Run-Time Package), default graphics.
Dopps They only own the engine, if you buy the game the games are your property.
Dopps Just like how Cuphead is owned by Studio MDHR even though they licensed Unreal Engine to use it or something
McSweeney Yeah taht I also hear all the time. "Unreal Engine" etc. so I'm wondering, do they have to pay royalties?
McSweeney or when you say "licensing" if it's a one time fee, that also makes sense
Dopps I think there's an agreement ahead of time so you don't have to pay royalties.
Dopps I've never heard of someone publishing an RPG Maker for-sale though.
Dopps Like remember how I was saying that Kuno's game is kind of like Little Busters.
McSweeney Well as long as the thing that barks or moos is hot I'm down
Dopps Actually how much of Little Busters do you know
McSweeney Very little just that it's a Key show
McSweeney The girls are cute. That I know
McSweeney Think I looked up a hentai doujin of it once
Dopps Do you want me to spoil it a bit or do you intend to PLAY it.
Dopps Cause the show is muy malo
McSweeney Nah very unlikely I will play it
Dopps So basically Little Busters is a slapstick school comedy on the surface that ends in romance.
Dopps The secret is that the game you play is actually a dreamworld Neverland set 6 months earlier.
Dopps Basically in the present day there is a field trip and the school bus crashes, killing everyone on board.
Dopps But before they die their desire for their "fun school life to continue" creates this mental link between the classmates in the moment before death
Dopps Like a shared near-death experience I guess.
Dopps So in the dreamworld, they repeat the past 6 months eternally, never reaching the moment where they die in the real world.
Dopps But in this dreamworld there are some references to the events of the past 6 months (even though in the dreamworld, it chronologically hasn't happened yet) that get some characters to realize the world is fake.
Dopps Kuno's game on the surface is like this. A fun fantasy RPG game between Kuno and his best friend Stlbk back during the glory days of UPN, 15 years ago.
Dopps But in the game you meet Stlbk's wife, and his daughter, and the people there reference him building a house. Which is surreal because in the game he's this fantasy character.
Dopps It takes you out of the fantasy.
Dopps Similarly, there is Arnold and Tess, and Arnold explains that he is in love with Tess, referencing real-world events.
Dopps Also jokes about Mozz trying to abduct Hana, who is 18 years old in this game, and 29 in the real world, but is a reference to when Mozz was pedo joke hitting on her 15 years ago.
McSweeney Oh nm I meant I was probably never going to play Little Busters, not the UPN game
McSweeney I do intend to play the game eventually
Dopps Right that's why I spoiled Little Busters instead.
McSweeney BUt oh well. That sounds interesting
Dopps I guess but it's also uncomfortable.
Dopps I don't like this near-death dreaworld like things.
Dopps Jacob's Ladder stuff? That's the worst.
McSweeney Why because you are afraid you might be in one?
Dopps I think on a basal level there is a degree of wistfulness and envy.
Dopps The wistfulness is because UPN is a graveyard now, and all these friends who are alive and silly in the game don't exist anymore.
Dopps There is smaller degree of envy that I don't have so much accomplisment I can move on from this.
Dopps When you are a child, everyone wants to make meaningful relationships with you.
Dopps So it seems like relationships made during childhood hold more weight than those made during adulthood, OUTSIDE of marriage.
Dopps Like how many new friends can I say I made after college? Best friends? None. There are 3 who I talk to since then.
Dopps Even online, most of my friends are from 20 years ago. I stopped making them after 2005, even as I continue to post on forums. There is a degree of intimacy lost.
McSweeney I've got to know lots of people in the past few years but people at this law school are really close. In my undergrad, I met ZERO people
Dopps At CLS school I got to know people yeah. But I was never as close as my friends from high school.
McSweeney I just went to class then went home afterwards. It was depressing. My dream of hooking up with hot college girls, ruined
Dopps Because knowing people over a 12 year period > 2 year period.
McSweeney But yeah it's true childhood is way more meaningful
Dopps Nobody wants to befriend an adult.
Dopps If you want to befriend a child you're a pedo.
Dopps If you try to befriend coworkers they still throw you under the bus for their own family.
Dopps I guess you could say being an adult is a very lonely experience. I think even with people with kids, at a certain point the kids distance themselves from the parents.
Dopps During adolescence at the very latest.
Dopps Modern marriages are not too close either.
Dopps And the worst part is that if I try to reconnect with old classmates/friends, they've created "AT-FIELDS" to prevent them from getting close.
Dopps Like my old classmate who became a pharmacist lives a boring life and doesn't want to reconnect.
Dopps I wonder if the old girls from my school married random guys just because they were lonely and those guys were available.
Dopps Only a handful married men they knew in high school.
Dopps Something about that seems off.
Dopps But when confronted with this loneliness part of me wants to run away from it. It's the louder voice.
Dopps A more quiet voice wants to fight it.
Dopps That quieter one was the one that got me into the Marine Corps but was silenced after my second heat stroke.
Dopps That flame is weak but not extinguished.
If the ending was supposed to be a gut punch, it wasn't going to work on me because we think/commenting/reflect on this all the time. The sorry state of society that people get subsumed into even if they're unaware something precious is being taken away.

Anyway,

9/10, borderline 10/10

I think if Chapter 5 and 6 were actually the biggest chapters and delivered on some things, it would have been sublime. As-is, it's really really good.

And don't give me any of that postgame, newgame+ crack. I never really believed in that outside of novelty. Games need an clear, delineated END.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:57 AM   #192
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess
 
Lady Kuno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 226,419
Some thoughts! Some big spoilers:

Spoiler: show
Chapter 6 is intended to be the shortest because I intended people to be doing a lot of the optional stuff (most of which isn't in yet). Harder hunts, harder Remnant, rune god, etc. Some of which ties into some story related things.

Regarding ch6
Spoiler: show
There IS supposed to be a hidden end game area with a few big surprises but I cut it to get the game out. It'll be in some update.


Sealed house in Vigi
Spoiler: show
There's been a way to open this even going back to the early betas. No ones figured it out yet but there is a way.


Ficonia Basement
Spoiler: show
Planned on having a cool hunt there.


Arcane Lab door
Spoiler: show
You can open it. It's a puzzle.


Regarding the person in emina
Spoiler: show
If you read the grunts hints you can figure out it was Sneeze, which makes some sense regarding his actions and why Emina is suddenly involved, and what his powers are.


Some of the ending stuff is kind of wonky because I heavily rushed the end of ch5 and ch6 to make sure I have just a game to release like I promised. Some stuff is missing that kind of ties the package all together. Most notibly:

Spoiler: show
There WILL be more dialog after the game, and what happens after the game WILL be expanded upon with different events occuring, which is why the Sneeze/Lindz plotlines feel hollow. This was kinda alluded to at the end of game dialog.


Not all the art was done by Daisy. The boss image in the end of Chapter 5, the Chapter 6 title, and the ending are all done by one of my other friends. The next game update will have a new title screen for the second half of Chapter 1 by them as well.
__________________
JUST NUKE THE FUCKING SUN
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:21 AM   #193
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
Some thoughts! Some big spoilers:

Spoiler: show
Chapter 6 is intended to be the shortest because I intended people to be doing a lot of the optional stuff (most of which isn't in yet). Harder hunts, harder Remnant, rune god, etc. Some of which ties into some story related things.
I don't see how that's possible, though.

Spoiler: show
When trying to return to UPN HQ, you are interrupted by Sneaze, but the push of the story is to confront Talon who you JUST SAW AS AN EVIL CHAOS KING in the Wild Future.

The momentum of the story/pacing doesn't support exploring the optional areas at this point. It pushes you toward confronting Talon, because the story is trying to resolve the cliffhanger if Talon actually being evil like Blastoise suspected. Having to fight Sneaze, who at this point is like the secret villain of the game, dilutes the immediacy of wanting to confront Talon while also lessening the emotion toward him due to Sneaze's confusing dialogue.

At that, Lindsay and Talon are underwhelming bosses as a followup to Chaos King Talon (and to a lesser extent, Sneaze). The player motivation is confused due to the story ambiguity. With the other crystals destroyed, Lindsay cannot hurt UPN HQ with just the Light Crystal, and she can only use it as a defense against the Chaos Crystal.

I'm not opposed to Sneaze attacking Emina Isle midflight, but there's little that builds to him as a hateful boss, since he operates behind the scenes and is mysterious/ambiguous about things. Killing Cyber Blastoise (an enemy) in a cutscene doesn't villainze him at all.

A more gruesome way would be to like take some of the more charismatic minor antagonists like Concept or Dark Magic, and eat them to assume a monstrous demonic form. There at least you feel some desire to beat him. Think Dr. Stylish in Akame ga Kill! who Shingeki no Kyojin's two of his underlings in a gruesome, horrific manner.

The Sneaze battle fits better either as a superboss climax, like Rainbow Rocket Giovanni, or to interrupt the party as they're trying to rush to stop an end-of-the-world crisis. There is technically no external immediacy in reaching UPN HQ after Chapter 5. It's all character, player driven. Talon isn't anywhere close to becoming Chaos King unlike in the Wild Future. So the Sneaze distraction does nothing but reduce the impact of the finale.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno

Spoiler: show
There's been a way to open this even going back to the early betas. No ones figured it out yet but there is a way.
Challenge accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno

Arcane Lab door
Spoiler: show
You can open it. It's a puzzle.
Challenge accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno

Regarding the person in emina
Spoiler: show
If you read the grunts hints you can figure out it was Sneeze, which makes some sense regarding his actions and why Emina is suddenly involved, and what his powers are.
Spoiler: show

I read their dialogues but it wasn't clear. It was more on the lines of "he desires THE LOST TECHNOLOGY!" which wouldn't make sense if he came from Emina, because he could have taken all the technology while he was there.

It would have made more sense for him to target Emina once the Emina Palace and Emina Fortress dungeons are cleared, because that opens up areas Sneaze likely left before he could access.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno

Some of the ending stuff is kind of wonky because I heavily rushed the end of ch5 and ch6 to make sure I have just a game to release like I promised. Some stuff is missing that kind of ties the package all together. Most notibly:

Spoiler: show
There WILL be more dialog after the game, and what happens after the game WILL be expanded upon with different events occuring, which is why the Sneeze/Lindz plotlines feel hollow. This was kinda alluded to at the end of game dialog.
Technically speaking, the game is actually impossible to complete because the heartbeat .ogg file has a missing reference during one of the cutscenes, causing the game to crash. I was able to bypass it by using a frog croak .ogg from the RTP instead, to humorous effect.

Spoiler: show

This is probably why I can't take Sneaze as a boss too seriously.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno

Not all the art was done by Daisy. The boss image in the end of Chapter 5, the Chapter 6 title, and the ending are all done by one of my other friends. The next game update will have a new title screen for the second half of Chapter 1 by them as well.
All of the custom stuff looks great. But going into the game, I was under the impression it was just you, then later you + Daisy when I saw the art. I was surprised at how many people chipped in, and the polish shows (or glows).
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:47 AM   #194
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess
 
Lady Kuno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 226,419
I feel like you are misunderstanding something about WF.. I don't want to get into it too too much since I plan on adding more content to pad out ch4-6 more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
All of the custom stuff looks great. But going into the game, I was under the impression it was just you, then later you + Daisy when I saw the art. I was surprised at how many people chipped in, and the polish shows (or glows).
The biggest stuff people helped with were:

Player's picking their sprites. I showed everyone a bunch of sprites and they all picked who they wanted. Also most of the player characters picked what they wanted their character to do. Muyo was pretty specific but others like Blastoise was kinda vague.

END OF BATTLE QUOTES honestly most of these are lines from the people themselves- minus like Arnold. He did at least pick his character sprite and provide a basic idea of his character (dancing). Anyway, some later lines I added myself but the low level ones are mostly their own.

A bunch of random fortunes in Bulk. There's a thread somewhere where I told people to go nuts (and they did). My favorites is one of Morgs. Speaking of, he helped a LOT with random ideas, spitballing ideas, and Loki too. The Pyramid big puzzle was more or less completely Morg, as well as the Yeti quest (which STILL isnt in yet cause im an idiot).

Game dialog/items I asked some people how they wanted to look like or where they wanted to be. A few people got specific items or stuff they wanted.

And of course art. Some of the early stuff Daisy drew (like 10 years ago!) was the "chapter" background with wood and stuff (inspired by Disgaea), and the first title screen. Some of the art (Sneeze at end of ch4) was like.. made in December lol. There is one more title screen drawn by Daisy that's meant to be the "final" one but it's not in yet because the conditions for it aren't possible yet.
__________________
JUST NUKE THE FUCKING SUN
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:03 PM   #195
lilboocorsola
'Till we meet again
 
lilboocorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for the summer endroll
Posts: 5,056
Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
The only thing I couldn't go back and replay was recruiting Yuki because I physically couldn't.
You should replay the whole game now so you can get my character. ;O *shot*
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:44 AM   #196
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I would, but the New Game+ segment hasn't been added yet!
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:21 AM   #197
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Beats by Chalis is said to give "Massive Sleep, Stun, Slow" resistance but it actually halves the current susceptibility. By contrast, the Pwn Ring has the same description but offers a straight +150% resistance to Sleep, Poison and Blind.

The end result is Beats by Chalis, which isn't that powerful stat wise, becomes outright awful if used with any other dramatic resistance boosters, since it can never bring effectiveness to 0. It should work just like the Pwn Ring instead, a 150% boost.

Additionally, farming for Ice Crystals and Thunder Crystals is murder. There's no area in existence where powerful monsters that drop these items roam, since the only ice and electric areas are balanced around Chapter 2.

I guess you could say Emina Palace, but the Ice Dragon is a very, very rare monster. And there's no Thunder equivalent.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:28 PM   #198
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess
 
Lady Kuno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 226,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Beats by Chalis is said to give "Massive Sleep, Stun, Slow" resistance but it actually halves the current susceptibility. By contrast, the Pwn Ring has the same description but offers a straight +150% resistance to Sleep, Poison and Blind.

The end result is Beats by Chalis, which isn't that powerful stat wise, becomes outright awful if used with any other dramatic resistance boosters, since it can never bring effectiveness to 0. It should work just like the Pwn Ring instead, a 150% boost.
Ring of Pwn gets a special pass because it's a reference to the first UPN Game, which is why it's so super strong (and you only get one). Also the Ring reduces the weaknesses to 25% and the headpiece reduces it by 50%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Additionally, farming for Ice Crystals and Thunder Crystals is murder. There's no area in existence where powerful monsters that drop these items roam, since the only ice and electric areas are balanced around Chapter 2.

I guess you could say Emina Palace, but the Ice Dragon is a very, very rare monster. And there's no Thunder equivalent.
The Crystals? Like the one in Cerulean Nights/Ephemeral. Or at least UPN Pass. One area of Cloud Garden is going to be a snow capped mountain so it'll be all Ice and reasonably strong (ch4-5 strength).
__________________
JUST NUKE THE FUCKING SUN
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:13 PM   #199
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 12,981
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
Ring of Pwn gets a special pass because it's a reference to the first UPN Game, which is why it's so super strong (and you only get one). Also the Ring reduces the weaknesses to 25% and the headpiece reduces it by 50%.
I found that Kuno has a major weakness to Sleep and Stun but there's no way to patch this weakness. The Ring of Pwn reduces that horrid 200% weakness to 25%, but there's no way to lower it to zero which is essential for handling monsters that can cocktail status like the Fragments. Sleep/Stun cocktails will refresh the counters of one another (they don't fail) so a party without an immunity is OHKO'd by no sleep clause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
[vriska]
The Crystals? Like the one in Cerulean Nights/Ephemeral. Or at least UPN Pass. One area of Cloud Garden is going to be a snow capped mountain so it'll be all Ice and reasonably strong (ch4-5 strength).
We might be talking about different things. I'm referring to the Thunder Crystals and Ice Crystals. The shards are farmable in Emina Generator and the Winter Woods/Wastes Shrine, but the crystals are extremely low incidence steals from:

Ice Dragon (Emina Palace)
Brilliant Ice (Arcane Lab)
Shocktopus (Arcane Lab)

By contrast, Light, Dark, Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water crystals are everywhere, most notably in Wild Area leading into WF. Heck, you can even pull Earth and Wind Clusters in the Wild Area, but I've only seen Ice Clusters/Thunder Clusters as drops from the Butterfly of Death and Failed Experiment.

Thunder is much more needed than Ice.

...

I have to ask, of the stuff I've mentioned before, how much of it is impossible without recruiting
Spoiler: show
Yuki
? It should still be possible where I'm playing from right end (Chapter 5).

Spoiler: show
I ask because the Silver Lining cannot be battled without Daisy, as Daisy's Clean is required to fish up the Silver Linen to summon the boss. The Dark Clouds don't drop it.

From what I've seen, I need Yuki or Talon to summon the DQ President, and Yuki is required to climb through the hole in the Wild Future.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:19 PM   #200
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess
 
Lady Kuno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 226,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I found that Kuno has a major weakness to Sleep and Stun but there's no way to patch this weakness. The Ring of Pwn reduces that horrid 200% weakness to 25%, but there's no way to lower it to zero which is essential for handling monsters that can cocktail status like the Fragments. Sleep/Stun cocktails will refresh the counters of one another (they don't fail) so a party without an immunity is OHKO'd by no sleep clause.
I know there's a robe with Sleep immunity. As well as items that reduce Sleep duration. Kuno also doesn't have her ultimate stuff yet, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
We might be talking about different things. I'm referring to the Thunder Crystals and Ice Crystals. The shards are farmable in Emina Generator and the Winter Woods/Wastes Shrine, but the crystals are extremely low incidence steals from:

Ice Dragon (Emina Palace)
Brilliant Ice (Arcane Lab)
Shocktopus (Arcane Lab)

By contrast, Light, Dark, Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water crystals are everywhere, most notably in Wild Area leading into WF. Heck, you can even pull Earth and Wind Clusters in the Wild Area, but I've only seen Ice Clusters/Thunder Clusters as drops from the Butterfly of Death and Failed Experiment.

Thunder is much more needed than Ice.
Interesting point. I'll see what I can do about this. I'll add some hard stuff in the Cloud Garden area for Ice stuff at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I have to ask, of the stuff I've mentioned before, how much of it is impossible without recruiting
Spoiler: show
Yuki
? It should still be possible where I'm playing from right end (Chapter 5).

Spoiler: show
I ask because the Silver Lining cannot be battled without Daisy, as Daisy's Clean is required to fish up the Silver Linen to summon the boss. The Dark Clouds don't drop it.

From what I've seen, I need Yuki or Talon to summon the DQ President, and Yuki is required to climb through the hole in the Wild Future.
A different character is needed for that rune. I'm not sure if you have them yet. Also I have no idea about the Linen thing. I'll look into it. Edit: Yup, you're right. It doesn't drop it. That's a mistake and I fixed it.
__________________
JUST NUKE THE FUCKING SUN
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.