UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Unplugging Addiction

As some of you know, I have been grappling with some serious Internet addiction for the past couple of years. Anyway, I'll keep this short: I'm going to be offline for a primary goal of 1 week and a secondary goal of 2 weeks effective 8pm EST (so in about an hour and 15 minutes). See you all in a week, hopefully not for 2 weeks. :P ;)

For those who want a longer explanation:
This is because we have finals for the next two weeks and I can't afford to be mucking around. I went to the bookstore tonight and purchased a really fun book we've been reading in school (we've done about 25% of it all year), so I'll have that to read if I muck about such that I'll at least be semi-academically mucking about; and while I'm prepared to completely unplug the entire computer, I'm still willing to try out leaving it plugged in which means I'll have music and whatnot. (The cable modem is going to be unplugged, in multiple parts, and stowed away in a kitchen closet with a "Please Think of the Kittens"-esque note attached. ;) The same will happen to the computer if I prove in the next 24 hours to be irresponsible with it too.)
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
Betagold
Pokemon Trainer

Re: Unplugging Addiction

Oh NOEZ! Talon is gone! Who will make all the topics in this section now?
Betagold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:37 AM   #3
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

I've actually got three mid-term exams next week and two in the following, so I should take a break as well. What a wonderful time for my laptop to melt eh? I can't even watch anime anymore, let alone play Touhou or mahjong.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
deoxys
Fog Badge

I only have 15 days of high school left, so I too will not be on here as much until the summertime rolls around...

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I'll be here.

But without anything to comment on, I might as well not be :x
Old 04-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #6
Kasumi Violet
Boulder Badge

Good luck. I know you can do it.
Kasumi Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:12 AM   #7
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I also have finals and stuff, but as a person who doesn't give a shit, I'll still be around =D If I fail everything, oh well!

I guess if this place gets too dead, I can start up my random nonsense topics again, or show off some of the stupid things I have encountered. Of course, I'm sure everyone here frowned upon that. It's a shame, because I found another possible series of great stupid clips. Suzaku will kick you to the moon >=D SUZAKU KICK!
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #8
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I'm always around. :3

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #9
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

I've been the opposite of addicted lately! Like there's only a couple places I'll come on and check then feel all bleh and just be done with my computer for the day. Oh well a couple weeks flies by pretty fast so this oughta be perfectly do-able for ya.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #10
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Just dropping in to say ...

- checking up a few threads and posting some stuff for my anime buds in the Anime forum
- it's been tough insofar as I pretty much "failed it" from Wednesday onward with a 1.5 day respite (Thur-Fri) in between
- even though I "didn't fail it" from Saturday through Wednesday, I ended up losing a lot of time to sleep, to other distractions (educational but not studies-relevant books, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 all of Monday, stuff)

And most important of all ...
- going to be gone again for another week, and hoping that this time I won't "fail it" either in the sense that I fuck around doing other things -or- in the sense that I go online prematurely and don't get off

Baby steps, I guess. Pretty fucking sad, though, when you only make it from Saturday to Wednesday. -.- Ho hum.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:30 PM   #11
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

I'm going to take another break as well, since I finished up all my anime from last season and wasn't pleased with how well I feel I did on the three tests from last week.

Evolution & Ecology - either aced this or got a B.
International Micro - C or B.
Molecular & Cellular Biology - D or F, C if lucky.

The last one was a product of three unfavourable incidents; my laptop died, so I had no way of reviewing the lectures, there was no textbook for this class/coherent notes to follow, I only had a couple hours to study because of the two other tests before it, and I had to submit my lab report for chemistry the day before which ate up all my time. I recieved no synergy bonus for MCB having taken Organic Chemistry because this class, in contrast to its successor the BIS 1 series, was stripped of all chemistry requirements, so everything was simplified in a way that (IMV) confused someone with O-Chem knowledge. My pride was hurt doing poorly on that MCB exam as it's supposed to be my forte right now.

I'm going to spend the first half of this week studying for chemistry (Thursday) and the whole week studying for my biochemistry (Monday) exam, since I only have one shot at these rather than two midterms like for the other three classes. It's a good thing there's no anime out right now, I'm going to work to ace both exams.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc