UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 03-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

iPod Questions

Over break, I discovered that I had "a super-secret stash of cash" that I'd forgotten all about. It puts me over the edge from "maybe I will, maybe I won't be getting an MP3 player" to definitely ready to make a purchase in the next week. Here are the questions I've got before I make the plunge:
  1. iPod, Zune, other? Once you've selected your top pick, read on to see if it survives the following questions.[/*qtb3sm4x]
  2. Can it function as an external hard drive and a media player simultaneously? Can it do so using the native media programs on the device and not via open source media programs for PC?[/*qtb3sm4x]
  3. Can it play .avi files natively? If not, is there a simple codec install that the device prompts you to do?[/*qtb3sm4x]
  4. Can it play .mkv files natively? If not, is there a simple codec install that the device prompts you to do?[/*qtb3sm4x]
  5. Is the media player included competent enough to allow the enabling or disabling of soft subs?[/*qtb3sm4x]
  6. Is the audio output loud enough to be heard comfortably in a noisy place such as a bus terminal or inside an airplane? On the other hand, is the device known to be safe on the ears if used appropriately or is it notorious for causing early hearing loss?[/*qtb3sm4x]
  7. Does the battery last at least 5 hours when playing video files?[/*qtb3sm4x]
  8. Can the battery be replaced (without replacing the entire unti) after it quits charging up adequately in 1-2 years?[/*qtb3sm4x]
  9. Does the device fail for 10% of consumers in under 2 years?[/*qtb3sm4x]
  10. Is the device frustrating to use? If so, explain. (This is your top pick we're talking about here, so let's hear what problems even it has!)[/*qtb3sm4x]
  11. Is there a 1-year hardware failure warranty in place for this device? If not, is there any warranty honored by the company (and not the vendor) for this device?[/*qtb3sm4x]
  12. Do retailers such as Best Buy offer their own 2-year warranty programs for less than $50? or 1-year warranty programs for less than $25? (If you don't know, say "Don't know.")[/*qtb3sm4x]

Reasons:
  • I want to watch old episodes of Minamike while I'm at the gym, jogging on the treadmill and having the iPod sit stationary in front of me on the treadmill's "ledge" that holds glasses, stopwatches, Gatorade bottles, etc. So I need it to allow me to upload anime fansubs, particularly the cantankerous .mkv format with its softsubs (and on occasion dual audio streams, too).[/*qtb3sm4x]
  • 80 GBs is more than enough. To be honest, I'd purchase 60 GB as well.[/*qtb3sm4x]
  • Price point I'm looking at is $250 or less. The iPod Classic 6th gen just barely makes that (at full retail pricing). No idea about superior iPod products or any Zune products or competitors with both of them.[/*qtb3sm4x]
  • I really don't want to have to install iTunes or Zune software on my PC, so if there's some 3rd party that makes amazing MP3 + video players for good prices and has full codec support out of the box, all miraculously for under $250, hook me up![/*qtb3sm4x]
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Lunar Delta
Re: iPod Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Over break, I discovered that I had "a super-secret stash of cash" that I'd forgotten all about. It puts me over the edge from "maybe I will, maybe I won't be getting an MP3 player" to definitely ready to make a purchase in the next week. Here are the questions I've got before I make the plunge:
  1. iPod, Zune, other? Once you've selected your top pick, read on to see if it survives the following questions.[/*2aer55ay]
  2. Can it function as an external hard drive and a media player simultaneously? Can it do so using the native media programs on the device and not via open source media programs for PC?[/*2aer55ay]
  3. Can it play .avi files natively? If not, is there a simple codec install that the device prompts you to do?[/*2aer55ay]
  4. Can it play .mkv files natively? If not, is there a simple codec install that the device prompts you to do?[/*2aer55ay]
  5. Is the media player included competent enough to allow the enabling or disabling of soft subs?[/*2aer55ay]
  6. Is the audio output loud enough to be heard comfortably in a noisy place such as a bus terminal or inside an airplane? On the other hand, is the device known to be safe on the ears if used appropriately or is it notorious for causing early hearing loss?[/*2aer55ay]
  7. Does the battery last at least 5 hours when playing video files?[/*2aer55ay]
  8. Can the battery be replaced (without replacing the entire unti) after it quits charging up adequately in 1-2 years?[/*2aer55ay]
  9. Does the device fail for 10% of consumers in under 2 years?[/*2aer55ay]
  10. Is the device frustrating to use? If so, explain. (This is your top pick we're talking about here, so let's hear what problems even it has!)[/*2aer55ay]
  11. Is there a 1-year hardware failure warranty in place for this device? If not, is there any warranty honored by the company (and not the vendor) for this device?[/*2aer55ay]
  12. Do retailers such as Best Buy offer their own 2-year warranty programs for less than $50? or 1-year warranty programs for less than $25? (If you don't know, say "Don't know.")[/*2aer55ay]

Reasons:
  • I want to watch old episodes of Minamike while I'm at the gym, jogging on the treadmill and having the iPod sit stationary in front of me on the treadmill's "ledge" that holds glasses, stopwatches, Gatorade bottles, etc. So I need it to allow me to upload anime fansubs, particularly the cantankerous .mkv format with its softsubs (and on occasion dual audio streams, too).[/*2aer55ay]
  • 80 GBs is more than enough. To be honest, I'd purchase 60 GB as well.[/*2aer55ay]
  • Price point I'm looking at is $250 or less. The iPod Classic 6th gen just barely makes that (at full retail pricing). No idea about superior iPod products or any Zune products or competitors with both of them.[/*2aer55ay]
  • I really don't want to have to install iTunes or Zune software on my PC, so if there's some 3rd party that makes amazing MP3 + video players for good prices and has full codec support out of the box, all miraculously for under $250, hook me up![/*2aer55ay]
Those are a lot of unreasonable demands for even a high-end DAP. You might as well get a laptop computer and carry it around with you. I don't believe that even a RockBox upgraded DAP could play MKV files. Hell, I didn't even know what an MKV file was until I looked it up after reading this thread.

About this:
Quote:
Is the audio output loud enough to be heard comfortably in a noisy place such as a bus terminal or inside an airplane? On the other hand, is the device known to be safe on the ears if used appropriately or is it notorious for causing early hearing loss?
Any halfway good DAP can produce outputs in excess of 100dB. This would be a good opportunity for you to invest in a pair of high quality in-ear headphones... something that blocks more noise than your current ones. ;) Ear safety and hearing loss has more to do with your listening habits than with the DAP itself. You can always turn the volume down to avoid early hearing loss.
Lunar Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
  1. iPod, Zune, other? Once you've selected your top pick, read on to see if it survives the following questions.[/*2i7czri0]
  2. Can it function as an external hard drive and a media player simultaneously? Can it do so using the native media programs on the device and not via open source media programs for PC?[/*2i7czri0]
  3. Can it play .avi files natively? If not, is there a simple codec install that the device prompts you to do?[/*2i7czri0]
  4. Can it play .mkv files natively? If not, is there a simple codec install that the device prompts you to do?[/*2i7czri0]
  5. Is the media player included competent enough to allow the enabling or disabling of soft subs?[/*2i7czri0]
  6. Is the audio output loud enough to be heard comfortably in a noisy place such as a bus terminal or inside an airplane? On the other hand, is the device known to be safe on the ears if used appropriately or is it notorious for causing early hearing loss?[/*2i7czri0]
  7. Does the battery last at least 5 hours when playing video files?[/*2i7czri0]
  8. Can the battery be replaced (without replacing the entire unti) after it quits charging up adequately in 1-2 years?[/*2i7czri0]
  9. Does the device fail for 10% of consumers in under 2 years?[/*2i7czri0]
  10. Is the device frustrating to use? If so, explain. (This is your top pick we're talking about here, so let's hear what problems even it has!)[/*2i7czri0]
  11. Is there a 1-year hardware failure warranty in place for this device? If not, is there any warranty honored by the company (and not the vendor) for this device?[/*2i7czri0]
  12. Do retailers such as Best Buy offer their own 2-year warranty programs for less than $50? or 1-year warranty programs for less than $25? (If you don't know, say "Don't know.")[/*2i7czri0]

Reasons:
  • I want to watch old episodes of Minamike while I'm at the gym, jogging on the treadmill and having the iPod sit stationary in front of me on the treadmill's "ledge" that holds glasses, stopwatches, Gatorade bottles, etc. So I need it to allow me to upload anime fansubs, particularly the cantankerous .mkv format with its softsubs (and on occasion dual audio streams, too).[/*2i7czri0]
  • 80 GBs is more than enough. To be honest, I'd purchase 60 GB as well.[/*2i7czri0]
  • Price point I'm looking at is $250 or less. The iPod Classic 6th gen just barely makes that (at full retail pricing). No idea about superior iPod products or any Zune products or competitors with both of them.[/*2i7czri0]
  • I really don't want to have to install iTunes or Zune software on my PC, so if there's some 3rd party that makes amazing MP3 + video players for good prices and has full codec support out of the box, all miraculously for under $250, hook me up![/*2i7czri0]
  1. I bought an 80GB iPod Classic for $250. It was the same price as a 80GB Zune. I now wish I would have bought the Zune.[/*2i7czri0]
  2. The iPod is purely for viewing photos and videos and listening to music. That is all. The basic programming will not let you do anything else. If you did, you would have to turn to an open source program, sorry.[/*2i7czri0]
  3. .avi files do not work on iPod. They must be converted to .mp4 files, which can be done with various third party programs like Videora iPod Converter.[/*2i7czri0]
  4. What's an .mkv?[/*2i7czri0]
  5. I don't know, but I do not think so.[/*2i7czri0]
  6. The iPod Classic is very loud. You should have no problems drowning out other sounds. I've listened to it with it only half way up, and people across the room who were having conversations could hear my music. It didn't even seem that loud![/*2i7czri0]
  7. My iPod can easily survive a 5 hour movie, although it does have an impact on the battery life (not sure the exact amount).[/*2i7czri0]
  8. The battery for the iPod cannot be replaced. You must send it back to Apple and have them replace it. However, I believe it doesn't go bad for 3-4 years. This is what I have heard, anyway.[/*2i7czri0]
  9. I do not believe so, but again, I am not sure.[/*2i7czri0]
  10. The iPod is actually very nice and very easy to use. My only complaint in terms of interface is that sometimes the click wheel becomes too sensitive and will skip over the song I'm looking to listen to, or other times it isn't sensitive enough and it becomes frustrating.[/*2i7czri0]
  11. There is a warranty, I can't remember how long it lasts, but I believe it is a year. If not, it is most likely 90 days. I will check up on that next time I get a chance.[/*2i7czri0]
  12. Best Buy does offer an extra warranty (I can't remember what it is exactly, I declined it), but it's for some large amount of money. I can't remember if it was $50 or if it was over, but either way I didn't take it.[/*2i7czri0]

Note: If you buy a Zune or iPod, you need to download the applications for these. Also, I hear from several people that I know that the Zune has a much better screen than the iPod when it comes to watching movies.

I hope I helped. Take what I said with caution though, I do not know much about the Zune, and it could therefore be worse than the iPod. I'm just saying from my experiences, that my iPod has given me many problems, however, I have heard that the Zune allows for more freedom than the iPod does.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Basically what I'm hearing is that there is no magic MP3 player which out of the box is [strike:3ohwfm7y]piracy[/strike:3ohwfm7y] fansub friendly. Which means I'm going to have to just re-evaluate this purchase completely, settle for "an Only Music" player and forget if it can even do video or not, and in that case I don't need one bigger than 20 gigs -- and that's assuming i want it to house every song I've ever gotten and then some, which would be ridiculous for a portable music player i.e. NOT my main music player. So I'll probably just get a 20 gig or 40 gig model of an iPod or Zune or whatever so long as it's less than $150. (Since I'm not paying $300 for a fucking music player.)
Old 03-19-2008, 11:36 PM   #5
deoxys
Fog Badge

Pretty much. Sorry man, I wish I had one of these awesome super "fansub" friendly media devices as well. According to what I hear, the Zune is pretty much the closest you can get.

Considering I'm pretty sure it's near impossible to put 20,000 songs on an iPod, the only real good thing an 80GB is good for is storing about 100 hours worth of videos. I've downloaded a few programs which rip my DVD's to my computer and then throw them on to my iPod (thank god for blockbuster, lawlz). I've also found that a few various sites get their hands on early copies of movies new to cinemas with DVD quality, and then upload them to the interwebs for downloading to your iPod. I've never downloaded these because I really don't have the time.

As for fansubs---well, I was able to successfully put a fansub of a One Piece episode on to my iPod, however, it looked bad on the small screen and the words were hard to read...

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:11 AM   #6
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

I would get the biggest possible iPod if I were you. I bought a 30GB one in 2006 thinking it would be enough, but I filled it to capacity as soon as I got home. Doh!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #7
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I got on iPod Shuffle tonight for $50 just to finally shut up about this and have something for use at the gym. It's not intended to be a "true" MP3 player -- hell, it only has half the space that my 2 GB USB memory stick has! -- but I have one, so there you go. Now, some questions from 1999 that I'm only just asking now because I'm 9 years late to the party ...

1. How do I organize songs on my iPod without modifying the contents on the hard drive? The manual claimed that when I imported files it would change nothing, but this was a fucking two-faced lie made apparent halfway through my modification of many of my favorite songs for the sake of organizing them "properly" on an iPod vs. on a PC where I can have folder upon folder upon folder. (I'm a very tree-branch kind of guy when it comes to organizing music.) Here's what I think I've noticed:
- if you change the file name in the iTunes Library, it does nothing to the original file
- if you change the Artist, Album, or Genre information, this does change the corresponding fields in the files on the hard drive -- as seen when I hover over them in XP both before making a change in iTunes and after making a change in iTunes

I don't want the iPod to fucking touch the files on the hard drive -- I just want to export them and then fuck with them on the iPod itself. Is this possible? Or is the iPod fucking lame and only allows you to manipulate file settings in relation to the originals?

If you can't tell, I'm fucking pissed because I've lost 40 minutes to having to retrack through all the songs and giving them back their original settings (by comparing them against brothers and sisters from the same album) ... and I can only even do this when possible. Some songs, including some of my Chobits songs, are irreparably modified. Fucking ... -_-;

2. Is there a way to export songs to the iPod without doing the following?
- dragging the files to the iTunes Library
- telling the Library, "Add these songs to the Playlist 'fugue' " (the name of my Shuffle)

I would prefer to just drag them to the iPod. And I'm wondering if figuring out how to do that wouldn't solve my complaint in Question 1.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:44 AM   #8
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

If you had bought a more advanced iPod, you could have installed RockBox on it. Then you would have had true drag and drop capabilities and a real directory-tree interface. Oh well.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:14 AM   #9
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I can still buy another iPod -- or for that matter any MP3 player. I bought the Shuffle because I felt like I was whining both to people online and people in real life about wanting to have music at the gym when the answer was pretty simple. For $50, I could afford to take the risk, and the portability & weight argument for the Shuffle sold me. I had previously looked at the Shuffle (the original Shuffle) and thought it was a chewing gum piece of crap. "Who wants small HD space? Who wants short battery life? Get a fucking iPod Classic. Hell, if you insist on "so small you'll break it" technology, get a Nano! Don't get a Shuffle! What a waste of money!" But what changed my mind was when I realized how many people at the gym had Shuffles, and how two of my friends pointed out that while the treadmill might have a large rack to put an iPod on, a lot of exercise machines wouldn't and I'd look silly cradling my iPod in one hand while moving from one machine to the next -- or even worse I'd be screwed if I put my iPod down on the floor and some macho man came and crunched it on accident while walking too close by.

I still might take all those risks anyway because I'd prefer to watch anime at the gym to listening to music, but for the time being the concensus I am getting is that watching .mkv files at the gym on an unmodded MP3 player is going to be impossible -- and that even if you mod it, the h264 codec is so processor-intensive that tiny p.o.s. MP3 players aren't going to be handle the video stream. So the point is, if I can't watch anime any foreseeable time soon on a portable media player, my choices are:

1- Don't get a media player yet, but keep whining because I really want one.
2- Shut the fuck up and get an interrim candidate while holding out for the real deal
3- Get the closest thing I can to the real deal right now, but be disappointed in the end by the fact that it isn't the real deal (For me, #3 would be the iPod Classic with a tiny-ass screen or the iPod Touch with a tiny-ass hard drive.)

I decided to go with #2. Because I think that what I basically want is either a modded PSP (depends on how much memory those little memory sticks of Sony's can hold) or an unmodded-to-slightly-modded iPod Touch with a larger internal hard drive. The current pricing on those is ridiculous -- $500 for 16 GB? Get out! I'll use my Shuffle for the next year or so and wait for the price to fall and the HDD size to rise to a reasonable level for the iPod Touch, like $300 for 60 GB (which is still expensive, but it's more in line with what they charge for iPod Classics right now). Or like I mentioned, if I can get a PSP + 10 GB memory stick (I doubt such a thing exists, but I'm just saying) for a competitive price, then a PSP would be as good to me as an iPod Touch. PSP = iPod Touch = large portable screen for watching anime with legible subs.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:22 AM   #10
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Here's what you need right here

http://aloaudio.com/store/catalog/produ ... cts_id=132
Old 03-26-2008, 07:40 AM   #11
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
[strike:1a9yo4m6]Are you joking? $575 -- it's more expensive than the unit itself![/strike:1a9yo4m6] I didn't realize until looking at the page for the third time that the price is for the entire unit and not just the mod cable -- they do the modding for you and sell you the iPod unit. Eh, I dislike this because (as was explained to me at the store) ...

- iPod battery lives tend to be between 1-2 years
- Apple offers a 1-year warranty on unmodded products.
- Some vendors offer a 2 year warranty on unmodded products for a fee.
- Once the battery goes, the iPod's pretty much bricked. Unless you or someone you know can take the iPod apart and put in a replacement battery.

So this iMod is fantastic ... for people who already know how to mod a little. That's one reason I'm straying away from modding an iPod ... because if I get one, given the shitty battery life, I'm going to need to rely on that warranty.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:46 AM   #12
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

There are special kits designed for easily opening an iPod and replacing the battery with a new, higher capacity version. Some of them sell for as little as $30.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #13
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Link? (to both the kit and to the superior batteries) 'Cause if the combined cost comes out to be more than $70, then it may not even be worth it: Apple charges $70 to get the battery replaced, I hear, and I'd probably want to purchase a brand new unit anyway by the time the battery would die for its 2nd time.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #14
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

http://www.ipodjuice.com/
Old 03-26-2008, 06:48 PM   #15
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
http://www.ipodjuice.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodJuice.com
I have an iPod Shuffle. Do you sell a battery for this player?

Unfortunately, it is very hard to open the iPod Shuffle without breaking it. On top of that, the battery is soldered to the motherboard and quite difficult for the average consumer to replace. It for these reasons that we’ve decided not to offer a battery for the iPod Shuffle.
It looks like your site will be relevant if/when I get an iPod Touch, because iPod Touch ~= iPhone, and they say they can do the iPhone easily, so that's good.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #16
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

There's no point in getting a iPod touch. They're fun to play with, but you can get an 80GB 5.5G iPod for much less and it would sound just as good.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #17
Talon87
時の彼方へ

A-NI-ME

I'm not talking about (or planning on) getting one now. I'll do so when the following two things happen and no sooner:

1- the pricing goes from $500 for shitty HD space to $300 for acceptable (40 GB at least b/c of how big video files are)
2- people figure out how to get anime to work on an iPod Touch, with or without Apple's permission

Have you done the battery replacement yourself before, Namek? Was it easy? I'd be afraid of bricking my unit.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #18
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

I haven't needed to replace my battery yet.

Also, your priorities are mixed up! Music is much more important than anime, especially in an exercise situation. Anime will only distract you then.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:59 PM   #19
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I need to be distracted, to keep my mind off of the clock. When I'm constantly thinking of it (which I am when I have nothing else to occupy my thoughts -- my mind constantly jumps back to "How long has it been now?" with each pain in my side), it goes by at a snail's pace; but when I watch the local news on the television sets directly in front of me, I can jog at the same pace as usual (which I know I'm doing because I'm on a treadmill, and since I'm not modulating the speed while watching TV it must be going at the same speed now it was going at 5 minutes ago when I set it!!) and I don't even notice the time going by.

So since I've already proven myself different from you, i.e. I need the distraction and I don't slow down because of it but maintain the same energetic workout as before, I may as well kill two birds with one stone:

CURRENT SITUATION: I'm exercising (+) but wasting time watching the local Lafayette news or even worse some retarded thing on VH1 since that's what the other TV is always on (-)

IMPROVED SITUATION: I'm exercising (+) and re-watching an old favorite, be it Minami-ke or Haruhi or Planetes or what have you (+)

Could I listen to music? Yeah. But the problem is, I'd fiddle with the iPod too much while exercising. I would want to skip tracks because I'm a very spontaneous listener who does poorly with "pre-programmed playlists." I have to have all of my songs with me (or all of the songs I guesstimate I will want to listen to in the gym) but from there on, once I hit the Play button, it's all about whatever mood I'm in right there right then that determines whether I keep listening or hit the Fast Forward button to skip to the next track. Whereas with watching anime, I find an episode I want to watch and I stick with it. No fast-forwarding, no track skipping. Once I find it, I'm glued in for the next 22 minutes. Nice, solid, uninterrupted, undistracted.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #20
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Well, if that's the case it's time to develop some discipline and learn how to keep going without looking at the time! ;) Another alternative is to find a type of workout you actually enjoy so that time becomes a non-issue.

Also, I agree with you about the playlist thing. Never saw the use for them, personally.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #21
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'm prepared to buy the headphones so long as I think I'd be comfortable with them, so I went to Circuit City and Best Buy today hoping to find a stand-alone pair of the tri-flanged earpieces -- so I could buy a test pair for $20 and see if I like 'em or not. ("What? And waste $20 if you don't like them?" you may be asking. My response being "Yeah -- because it's not like I wouldn't be wasting $200 if I got the headphones first instead!") I was not able to find one, so I think I'll order the $20 tri-flanged pair Amazon is offering and see how comfortable (or not) they are. And if they're really comfortable, then I'll get the headphones you recommended, Blaise.

While at Circuit City, I bought an audio cassette-to-MP3 player device. It works, but while my radio sounds crystal clear (like, 192 kbps let's say), the music playing from my iPod onto the radio sounds like it's coming through some sort of "audio fog." Like there's some thick, uniform obstacle that is dampening both the contrast (so the highs and lows are inaudible and things in the middle sound more similar to one another than dissimilar) and the intensity (so that it feels like it's only 90% as loud as it originally was). I don't know if it's the iPod and my Elantra's speakers not getting along well, or if maybe the cassette I got at Circuit City's a dud. Before I take it back, any of you have any experience with these devices? Do you know if they all suffer from this imperfect playback issue? Or do you guys have crystal clear playback when you hook your MP3 players up to your cars?
Old 03-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #22
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Just order the Etymotic headphones from http://www.headphone.com. If you don't like them there is a 30-day guaranteed no-questions-asked return policy. (Assuming you didn't damage the product, of course.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRoom
If at any time during your 30 day trial period (starting from the day you receive the item) you decide to return your equipment, simply send us back your purchase in "as new"* condition, and we will issue a full purchase price refund for the item(s) returned within 30 days of the returned item clearing our inspection process. Please keep in mind that shipping costs are never refundable under any circumstances. No HeadRoom RMA return product request is required! ... Really, it's that simple.
HeadRoom is THE company to order headphones from, period.

Also, never use triflanges, they are extremely uncomfortable and don't block out sound well. I use these foam eartips with my ER4Ss: http://www.earphonesolutions.com/shpameblfosl.html. Five pairs per packet and each pair will last about six months. They are washable too, just wipe them down with a damp paper towel and they're good-as-new.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #23
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

A couple weeks ago I obtained an iPod Shuffle after finding it on the bus to school, so I have a few questions about them -

1. How do I remove songs from an iPod?
2. How do I erase songs from an iPod?
3. How do I calibrate the order of lectures on an iPod?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #24
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
A couple weeks ago I obtained an iPod Shuffle after finding it on the bus to school, so I have a few questions about them -

1. How do I remove songs from an iPod?
2. How do I erase songs from an iPod?
3. How do I calibrate the order of lectures on an iPod?
Is this a fucking joke? >_> You should put up a sign on the bus (with the driver's permission) asking the owner of the iPod to e-mail you at a Hotmail account you can go create right now for the express purpose of settling this issue and to confirm to you at least 25% of the contents of the iPod. Successful confirmation prompting you to then e-mail them back with a café on campus where they can find you (at your convenience, not theirs -- you're doing them a favor, after all) and get their iPod back.

Be a good Samaritan. "Found an iPod."
Old 05-11-2008, 03:11 PM   #25
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

I hear that losing an ipod can be as painful as getting dumped. I recommend keeping all the data intact so you can verify the true owner.

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc