UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 03-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Stupid Postal Service!

I ordered a package five weeks ago from YesAsia. On March 12, they told me that the package had been successfully shipped overseas and that I should expect it in 8-9 days. Non-business, that'd be March 22. Business only, that'd be March 26 (tomorrow).

On March 22, I was informed that it had reached Forest Park, Illinois. This is in Chicago and is less than 3 hours drive from where I live in Lafayette, Indiana. I anticipated that the package would get here by March 24, possibly as early as March 23 if I was lucky. (It has happened before.)

Today, March 25, I still had no package and no word from the United States Postal Service (USPS). I logged in just now, and I found a status update for my package:

"Your package arrived in our shipping facility in Hazeltown, MO."

. . . Hazeltown Missouri? Excuse me? *busts out map* You mean to tell me that my package was less than 3 hours away and you took 2 days -- 2 days -- to ship it somewhere that's 5 hours away from where I live!? What the fuck, man! *half-laughing, half-pissed off* I mean, seriously, what the fuck? What were you guys *thinking!?* You're telling me you don't ship out of Chicago? You're telling me that the only way you deliver things from Chicago to Lafayette is by means of Missouri? Are you fucking kidding me? Is this a joke? I mean, seriously -- what sort of IDIOT would do something like this?

Clearly "efficiency" does not rank as highly on the USPS's priorities list as we were led to believe.

Explanation: I had to use USPS b/c YesAsia gives you no say in the matter. Sigh.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: Stupid Postal Service!

That's just it, though, Dami: my package is now officially late. No matter how you cut it, because YesAsia said "8-9 days" and even if you translate that as business days, it should have arrived either yesterday or today. And it hasn't. So it's late. Meaning that even if you're right about the whole "we can't let him get it early since he doesn't deserve to get it earlier than he opted to pay for :P", they're still incompetent.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #3
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

I get things pretty fast where I live but the postman sucks. When it comes to packages and even occasionally just regular mail they will just plop the stuff inbetween my two front doors. No knocking or leaving those tried to deliver notices and taking the stuff back to the post office for holding like they used to. May as well just leave all my stuff on the porch cause its not much safer sitting behind a door anyone can open. >_<
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I actually prefer them to leave it -- if you live in an area you can trust, anyway. (Which I do at home-home, surrounded by nothing but senior citizens.) Here at Purdue, package theft was probably once the norm, so all the shipping companies -- UPS, Fedex, DSL, and USPS [not a company, I know :P] -- 100% disallow leaving of packages at doors. It either has to fit in a lock-and-key mailbox (which most apartments in this town come with) or they'll hold it until you come and get it. It's different for the dorms, but when I was living in my old apartment with no car, it was a real bitch when I ordered stuff from RightStuf and the shipping guy would come at the same time of day I was in class -- even though I got out as early as 2pm some days. >_>

In other news, it's still not here. Left Hazelwood this morning at 12:47am. Probably will be in Indianapolis by tonight, on its way to Lafayette tomorrow, and in my possession tomorrow (if lucky) / Friday / Saturday (if unlucky).
Old 03-26-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Lunar Delta

I always use Priority Mail whenever possible. My package usually always ends up arriving a day early.
Lunar Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:28 PM   #6
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

My Dad ordered a bunch of Horrible Histories books for me as Christmas presents in early November, and as of right now only 60% of the total package has arrived. The last 40% was shipped off last month, I'm expecting them in June or July.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #7
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

HEY KIDS IT'S THE FIRST EVER CHOOSE YOUR OWN BLASTOISE POST

Quote:
ITT: Damicatz and Talon wonder why the postal service doesn't charter a jet exclusively for their copies of Air Force One: The First Lady Rejoins the Mile High Club
Quote:
A heavily automated distribution system handling the delivery of 15+ million packages a day makes decisions that--when viewed in the context of a single package--seem strange to me. How can this be?
Quote:
Having worked a seasonal job for UPS, the correct answer is that we hate you all personally.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #8
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Hmmm... I choose... 3! ::flips to page 51::

Blast: BAD END.

Awww. ;_;

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #9
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Got the package today. The four books were stacked one on top of the other and they were in bubblewrap with soft gray sticky covering on the outside (i.e. not shipped in a rigid cardboard box with fixed volume), and as luck would have it the width of the package was just barely the size of my mailbox, so the mailman gently squeezed it in ... or I assume he was gentle since there were no tears and the blobby gray "package" wasn't buckled or anything. So because of this, I didn't have to go to the post office like I usually do (and like I thought I was going to have to do), and now I have fun, clean Japanese reading practice. w007 w007!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:50 AM   #10
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I pick 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Got the package today.
Quote:
so the mailman gently squeezed it in ... or I assume he was gentle since there were no tears and the blobby gray "package" wasn't buckled or anything.
Quote:
and now I have fun, clean Japanese reading practice.
Not with the mailman around.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:40 PM   #11
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

Blast post #3 for me, please. Also, amazingly, by HH came yesterday as well!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc