UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 08-08-2017, 05:26 PM   #76
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Alright, follow-up question to what I asked a while back regarding Secret Bases. For those wondering what I'm talking about, I asked about keeping my old Secret Base until the conclusion of a certain storyline, then getting it closed and starting a new Secret Base.

Now what I'm wondering is... would I be allowed to start up my new Secret Base right now, but keep my old one solely for the purposes of that one storyline? Any new storylines would only be allowed in the new Secret Base, while the old one, I would still request to have closed upon the completion of the sole storyline still ongoing in there, and not allow anyone to start new storylines in there. Could I do this, or would this be pushing it?
My stance is to allow you to begin construction on the new base (getting the intro posts ready and the like), but I would ask that you not open the new base to the public for free RP until the storyline in your old base is finished and the base is ready to close down.

The reason for this is - while I have every reason to believe that the Stewie storyline will wrap up in a reasonable amount of time, generally speaking, there is a risk in free RP for a single storyline to drag over years - whether due to complexity, or due to members taking a long time to respond - and I would prefer to keep the rule regarding not having multiple bases open at one time as clean-cut and straightforward as possible so as not to create potential ambiguity or to invite abuses of the system in the future.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:28 PM   #77
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, then it's a good thing I asked. Thanks for the answer, Marion.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:22 PM   #78
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Sorry to be asking so many questions at once lately, but I'd like to reiterate the question I had about teaching MT moves via reaching 30 Bond- namely, whether the MT moves in question must be compatible with the Pokémon's movepools- in hopes of an official, definitive answer. I saw a few instances of Pokémon getting taught non-standard MT moves for reaching 30 Bond, and I wanted to make sure that was OK. One, to help make sure nobody accidentally lands themselves in trouble, and two, because if it turns out non-standard MT moves are allowed to be taught this way, I got a few changes to make...
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #79
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

I have a small question regarding key stones. I know they were previously sold at the Pokemart, but now that they're not for sale, I was wondering how one would go about obtaining one. Is it going back on sale, or will it only be available to get in zones?
(Sorry if this has already been answered, I'm not the most observant person. :/)
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:38 PM   #80
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Trainers automatically have key stones now.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:21 PM   #81
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

What's the stance on Key Stones and members with multiple Trainer characters? One for each character?

EDIT: Another question, just to clarify- when I level up my Ninetales, would she automatically learn the missed Vulpix moves at the same levels at which Vulpix learns them, or would the Move Tutor still be needed for that? I'm 99% sure that's how it works now, but I'd really appreciate confirmation one way or the other.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 08-18-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:41 PM   #82
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, so, I just caught a Combee. Do I get to collect any Bond points for her from previous zone replies that featured her prior to my actually catching her, or can it only start when she appears in zones actually under my ownership?
Old 08-26-2017, 08:34 PM   #83
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Alright, so, I just caught a Combee. Do I get to collect any Bond points for her from previous zone replies that featured her prior to my actually catching her, or can it only start when she appears in zones actually under my ownership?
Only posts under your ownership

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:48 PM   #84
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Here's a question of my own: My Smeargle used Metronome and Metronome called forth Shell Trap. If I use Sketch, would it copy Shell Trap or Metronome?
Old 08-27-2017, 09:16 AM   #85
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

No idea about the Sketch question- as a matter of fact, I'd like to know that myself, in case such a situation should arise with my own Smeargle.

That said, however, I do have another question about my new Combee- specifically, for when she evolves into a Vespiquen. I know she would learn Slash, as that's a move learned upon evolution, as well as Fell Stinger, Destiny Bond, Poison Sting, and Confuse Ray, as those are all level 1 moves. However, what I want to clarify is, would she also learn all the level-up moves that she missed due to being a Combee for those levels, such as Fury Cutter, Pursuit, Fury Swipes, and Defend Order, or is the Move Tutor still necessary for teaching such missed moves?
Old 08-27-2017, 09:29 AM   #86
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
They would likely learn those moves too.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:06 PM   #87
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Here's a question of my own: My Smeargle used Metronome and Metronome called forth Shell Trap. If I use Sketch, would it copy Shell Trap or Metronome?
Just a quick bump for my question about Sketch and Metronome... I'd like to have an answer before I'm able to reply to my adventure :X
Old 09-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #88
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Quote:
Just a quick bump for my question about Sketch and Metronome... I'd like to have an answer before I'm able to reply to my adventure :X
Ultimately, I think the decision is up to your updater if they have something special in mind. Otherwise, I think the standard method would follow those of the games from Gen6 onwards; namely that you copy Metronome.
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #89
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Are we supposed to only use one Pokémon for all three games in the CG event's next phase, or can we spread them out amongst up to three partners?
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #90
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

The Carnival are part of the riddle quest, so you are stuck using the pokemon you used for that for all three games.

...It's been asked multiple times on Discord, if you're wondering why me of all people am the one answering.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:55 PM   #91
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
The Carnival are part of the riddle quest, so you are stuck using the pokemon you used for that for all three games.

...It's been asked multiple times on Discord, if you're wondering why me of all people am the one answering.
=/ If I'd known that I would've picked a different Pokémon. My Petilil only knows three moves (that aren't very suited to any of the games) and I have no intention of teaching her any more at this time for RP reasons.

(Plus I wanted to give my Sewaddle a chance to scare people with CAMOUFLAGE and then creepy-crawling all over them. =3=)
Old 09-06-2017, 03:45 PM   #92
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

=/ If I'd known that I would've picked a different Pokémon. My Petilil only knows three moves (that aren't very suited to any of the games) and I have no intention of teaching her any more at this time for RP reasons.

(Plus I wanted to give my Sewaddle a chance to scare people with CAMOUFLAGE and then creepy-crawling all over them. =3=)
It's okay, I designed all of the carnival games with every single person's pokemon movesets into account, so your Petilil should be able to participate XD
Old 09-06-2017, 05:19 PM   #93
Meetan
Soul Badge

Although I haven't posted it yet bc I'm a lazy twit, I am a fan of the orchard shop in the dev area. This is relevant to my question, which is: as an avid obsesser of the Love Ball aesthetic, do we have a system for apricorn conversions at the moment, or are you all neglecting me and ruining my life I mean---???
Old 09-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #94
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
Although I haven't posted it yet bc I'm a lazy twit, I am a fan of the orchard shop in the dev area. This is relevant to my question, which is: as an avid obsesser of the Love Ball aesthetic, do we have a system for apricorn conversions at the moment, or are you all neglecting me and ruining my life I mean---???
There is currently no plan to have any shop provide apricorn conversion (same goes for shards and shoal salts/shells). So far ,we consider it unnecessary to have such a conversion mechanic in place outside of zones when the end product can just as well be rewarded to a player straight away instead.

That said, zones are free reign in that regard. Apricorn-based Pokéballs are allowed to be given out as zone rewards. Apricorns themselves may also be given out in zones, to be converted to Pokéballs in-zone as well.
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:36 AM   #95
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

For the next phase of the CG event, can it be treated like a Contest Appeal and Attacks be incorporated? Or is it purely a dress-up competition?
Old 09-12-2017, 10:46 AM   #96
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
For the next phase of the CG event, can it be treated like a Contest Appeal and Attacks be incorporated? Or is it purely a dress-up competition?
You are welcome to use attacks, but what is being judged is your pokemon's appearance, not their actions
Old 10-18-2017, 07:39 AM   #97
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Question about the Halloween event: Can two 'mons participate/dress up so long as only three Attacks are used between them? I'd really like to have my Liltwick siblings trick-or-treat together and don't want one to miss out.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:57 PM   #98
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Question about the Halloween event: Can two 'mons participate/dress up so long as only three Attacks are used between them? I'd really like to have my Liltwick siblings trick-or-treat together and don't want one to miss out.
While I do understand why you would like to do it, the rules are clear and it would set a precedent and be unfair to those who have already submitted. Sorry LBC

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:53 PM   #99
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Will the same event be hosted again next year?
Old 10-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #100
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Will the same event be hosted again next year?
Uncertain, I would like it to be but it's hard to plan a year ahead on a forum, things happen and change. That said I would consider making it two Pokemon next year if I did organise it again.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles