UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Old 01-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #1
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Mime Jr. Temporary FAQ

So that new members aren't answering their registration test questions incorrectly due to an outdated FAQ that is going to take a while to update, we've moved them all for the time being until they're up-to-date.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please ask them here.
enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Like in the games do I need to keep at least 1 pokemon in my active party?
Electric Blue Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless The Metal View Post
Like in the games do I need to keep at least 1 pokemon in my active party?
Pretty sure you do. Honestly, I don't think there's any reason to not have at least one Pokemon on hand.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Pretty sure you do. Honestly, I don't think there's any reason to not have at least one Pokemon on hand.

Says the man with 25+ pokemon. :P I believe Bless here only has 1, and wants to put him/her in a shop, correct? As long as you don't use the pokemon in a zone, you should be fine without a pokemon in your party.
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Not necessarily. If you want to put your Pokémon in a shop which then leaves you with nothing to RP with, then you just don't reply to the zone until you've picked them up.

EDIT: Ninja'd :p
Old 01-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If I withdraw my Pokémon from the Daycare Center one day early, will they still gain their levels? (Requesting that only the staff answer this question.)
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #7
enchantress
Queen of the Night

No. They need to stay the full week.
It's the same with any shop. If they're withdrawn early, they don't receive the levels, moves, stats, whatever it is they were put in for.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
Not necessarily. If you want to put your Pokémon in a shop which then leaves you with nothing to RP with, then you just don't reply to the zone until you've picked them up.

EDIT: Ninja'd :p
Well i have an egg too that is supposed to hatch on tuesday i believe but they will be lv.1 regardless what hatches. Is it not possible to RP without your pokemon if im not in a battle setting or need it?
Electric Blue Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #9
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
No. They need to stay the full week.
It's the same with any shop. If they're withdrawn early, they don't receive the levels, moves, stats, whatever it is they were put in for.
And then the important follow-up question is, are there any justifications a member can offer as to why this rule should be waived (e.g. anticipated hospitalization, incarceration, grounding by parents, 24-hour power outage, other state of emergency, etc.) and that staff would accept?

-OR-

If someone slips up, will the staff show leniency and allow that member to delete their original withdrawal post and to re-submit it once the clock rolls over to Monday?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #10
enchantress
Queen of the Night

BTM: I don't see why not, but the moment you're in need of a Pokémon you will need to wait before replying.

Talon: If they've slipped up and picked up early due to a genuine error (change in daylight savings time, etc), they can delete their pickup post and repost again at the correct time.
As for waiving an early pickup, no. A late pickup is fine, and if there's a valid reason for it (such as a natural disaster), then I don't mind a late dropoff, but anything else is just bad luck. If they were grounded, then they shouldn't have been naughty children! :p *waggles finger*

Last edited by enchantress; 01-13-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Thanks for the official answers. I realize the answers to the questions were fairly obvious, particularly the lead-off question's, but there was a reason I had to solicit (1) recent (2) official answers, so thank you for your quick turn-around in answering them.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

This is a question I've been wanting to ask for a while now. When we level up Pokemon with candies, do we have to wait until the confirmation post in the FB Bank for the level up, or can we just play as though the Pokemon has been leveled up as soon as the withdraw happens?
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #13
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBlastoise View Post
This is a question I've been wanting to ask for a while now. When we level up Pokemon with candies, do we have to wait until the confirmation post in the FB Bank for the level up, or can we just play as though the Pokemon has been leveled up as soon as the withdraw happens?
You don't have to wait for the confirmation post. Either that, or I've been doing it wrong for eight years and never got in trouble for it.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #14
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

I leveled Aerodactyl to level 98 then posted its birthday before the bank confirmation and it was okayed so I would say you don't need to wait until the bank is updated. I'm sure I've done it then posted in the Daycare before.
Treepandaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #15
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBlastoise View Post
You don't need to wait until the update. The Bank is there for record-keeping so we're all able to keep track of our balances. The update is more to ensure everything is going smoothly and there are no discrepancies. If there are, those discrepancies will be pointed out, otherwise just assume it's ok so long as you know you have the candies available to cover your use.

The same goes for the Coin Exchange. It's exactly the same system, only with coins rather than candies.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #16
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

In the Boutique, one of the rules prohibits mutated versions of Pokemon. I was wondering, exactly what is the extent of what is considered mutated? Obviously, I can understand forbidding any changes that would give a Pokemon any sort of particular edge in battle, but what about purely aesthetic changes that serve to make the Pokemon in question look creepier than usual? See, when I eventually get a Jigglypuff, I intend to have her recolored to look like this;

Would that be permissible? I mean, all it really is is a color change for the eyes, the hands, and the mouth.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #17
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Something else that was brought up last week in TO. For those Pokemon who have trade evolutions (Haunter, Poliwhirl w/Kings Rock, etc), is it allowed to go through the proper trading but hold off evolution to RP at a later time if, perhaps, a link to the trade is used as well?
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #18
enchantress
Queen of the Night

This is a recolour.

And jj, I don't see how trading and holding off can work. The trade is the process by which it evolves so when you go through with the trade then you need to finalise the evolution in the Cable Club. At this point it evolves, no "holding off" about it. If you then wish to RP the evolution later for RP purposes, linking to the evolution trade, that's perfectly fine.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #19
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
This is a recolour.
I'm guessing that's a "no", then. Thanks anyway.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #20
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Apologies for the double post, but I have an additional question regarding tints. I know it says one tint per Pokemon, but what if you wanted, like, both of a Pokemon's hands to be affected by it? For instance, would blood-red stains on both of a Jigglypuff's hands be allowed, or would the trainer have to choose only one hand to be affected?
Old 01-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #21
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Refresh my memory. When a Pokémon evolves, does it learn whatever it would learn at the level they are currently at, Level 1, neither, or both?
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #22
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Yeah, it automatically gets any moves it learns at the current level and at Lv. 1.
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #23
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
Refresh my memory. When a Pokémon evolves, does it learn whatever it would learn at the level they are currently at, Level 1, neither, or both?
Both. For instance, if you evolve a level 22 Ekans into Arbok, it learns Crunch, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, and Fire Fang automatically.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #24
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Don't think there's anywhere else to ask, so here I go: I saw a notice at Bulbagarden about a "clean-up" of social groups, especially inactive ones, and it got me worried. Is the Fizzy Bubbles Social Group at risk of termination or can we breathe easy?
kaisap112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #25
enchantress
Queen of the Night

I'll look into it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records