UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Old 11-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #751
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Do we use Cauldron treats in its thread? Can we use them on Pokémon in shops or in zones?
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #752
enchantress
Queen of the Night

I'd prefer item use is stated in the thread but you can use them elsewhere. Just keep the 48 hour spoilage time in mind.
Obviously contest stats, etc, need to be confirmed in the appropriate shops, but you can always link from the shop to the thread later.
enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #753
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Following that answer, should MTs taught by the Gobstopper be posted in the Move Tutor thread as well or is the Cauldron thread enough? Asking since it's Monday and it'd be the right day to post in the shop. :P
MarbleZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #754
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Official confirmation should always go in the appropriate shops, but if you want to state their use in the thread you're welcome to.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #755
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Just double-checking: when the Hallowe'en items' wording says "MT or EM," we can mix and match EMs and MTs for items that confer 2+ such moves, correct? Example: using a Large Ghoulish Gobstopper to teach two EMs and four MTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
Official confirmation should always go in the appropriate shops, but if you want to state their use in the thread you're welcome to.
Piggybacking on this answer, a question: since when has "official confirmation" in the Move Tutor shop ever been required for holiday MTs/EMs or birthday MTs/EMs? No one does that. Is this an old rule you can point us to that no one has been following for years? Is this part of the new rule changes that will soon be enacted? I have no problem with doing it going forward. I just would like to know what is going on since I don't really like being told, indirectly, "You're doing it wrong and have been doing it wrong for years" when I've seen no indication of that up until now. And so I'm hoping that that isn't the case and that this is all just part of FB Rules 2014/2015 Edition.

I mean, heck: semi-randomly grabbing your very own post in last year's Christmas thread, you taught Eevee four moves via one item, another move via a second item, but in neither the Move Tutor thread retired on December 25 nor the Move Tutor thread opened on December 29 did you ever post to confirm the use of those items on Eevee. And I'm not even saying you had to! I've had a tradition of using the Cranberry Memory Berries in the Move Tutor myself, but I'm pretty sure it's just been because I asked you a long time ago where the item was to be used, you told me "either the thread on pick up or else the Move Tutor on Monday," and I just so happened to prefer the Monday Move Tutor route for those berries. I don't think you ever told me, "It has to be in the Move Tutor" and that's why I've been doing it. Because if you had told me that, then wouldn't it be super strange that you weren't doing it yourself?

We had a similar experience with birthday gummis and IQ. I asked when I rejoined (2012) if it was necessary to double post the IQ gains between the birthday thread and the Shadow Purification & IQ shop, I was told "No, it isn't. The birthday thread is enough," so I quit doing it after a brief stint; and then years later, some time soon before GS took over the shop, we were all asked to "confirm" our IQ gains in the shop. That I didn't mind, but what I did mind was the implication that we had all been "doing it wrong" for years. When you go out of your way to ask how things should be done, it's not nice to be told you can do it either way of A or B, you select B, and then later someone tells you that B was never acceptable and it always should have been A. Anyway ...

EDIT: I guess I have one last question piggybacking off of all of this: what all do we need to confirm in the shops? I would guess it's ...
  • MTs and EMs in the Move Tutor
  • IQ gains in the Shadow Purification & IQ Shop
  • BP (soon to be renamed) in the Beauty Salon
  • Contest stats in the PokéSpa
  • Eerie Stones nowhere; simply linking to the post where they were claimed is good enough
  • levels nowhere; simply linking to the post where they were claimed is good enough
Is this correct?

Last edited by Talon87; 11-03-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:16 PM   #756
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Are Memory Berries tradeable? If they're not, could we have a link to where it mentions that rule?
MarbleZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #757
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
Are Memory Berries tradeable? If they're not, could we have a link to where it mentions that rule?
They aren't tradeable, I'm sure we've documented it down somewhere before, I'll have a look and ask the other mods if we can find a reference for you, if not I'll make sure there is a rule in the MT from now on.
Arc_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #758
Talon87
時の彼方へ

No matter your thoughts on the chunk of text in the middle of my last post ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Just double-checking: when the Hallowe'en items' wording says "MT or EM," we can mix and match EMs and MTs for items that confer 2+ such moves, correct? Example: using a Large Ghoulish Gobstopper to teach two EMs and four MTs.

EDIT: I guess I have one last question piggybacking off of all of this: what all do we need to confirm in the shops? I would guess it's ...
  • MTs and EMs in the Move Tutor
  • IQ gains in the Shadow Purification & IQ Shop
  • BP (soon to be renamed) in the Beauty Salon
  • Contest stats in the PokéSpa
  • Eerie Stones nowhere; simply linking to the post where they were claimed is good enough
  • levels nowhere; simply linking to the post where they were claimed is good enough
Is this correct?
... I still would like answers to these two questions, please. I've gone ahead and collected my gifts from Witch Hazel, but seeing absolutely no signs of anyone using the UPN shops to confirm their MTs or contest stats I'm not going to be attempting that either until otherwise directed. As for the BPs and IQ points, I think that's fairly self-explanatory: we do link to those gains in the corresponding shops.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #759
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Talon87: Correct on both parts
Old 11-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #760
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Talon87: Correct on both parts
I'll have to ask you to elaborate because of how many different things I've suggested in pairs, sorry. Are you saying that Cauldron Candy MTs and EMs are supposed to be confirmed in the Move Tutor? Are you saying that enchantress, Pest, and I (the only three to have posted in the UPN Cauldron thread so far to collect our candies) need to edit our Move Tutor posts for Monday, November 3 to reflect the Cauldron MT/EM gains?
Old 11-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #761
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Tess stated it above, its best to re-confirm the use of the items in their relevant shops (i.e Moves in the MT, I.Q boosts in the I.Q and Shadowshop). You will be posting twice but at least it keeps the information in the right places, makes it easier you you and the shops updaters to find.

And you may teach both EM's and MT moves with the Gobstoppers.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:05 PM   #762
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Yes, I realize she stated it above, and I realize it's probably been frustrating that I haven't seemed to "get it" despite it being stated so clearly ... but the reason I've been so confused as to what the heck is going on is that 1) it's something that the vast majority of players have never done to my recollection and 2) it's something that Tess herself CONTINUES not to do! So I was very, very confused! @_@ "Why is she saying 'Do it this way ' and then not doing it herself!?" I wanted to know whether it was a case of human error or whether I was misunderstanding her answer to MZ. Thanks to your patient clarification, I now know for certain we can chalk it up to human error -- and that every single member in the community who's posted in the UPN Move Tutor today is going to have to go back through now and edit their posts to include their Hallowe'en pickups once they do indeed pick them up.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #763
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

I was under the impression that IQ stats/gains were optional to post in the IQ shop, or am I wrong?
sweetbbydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #764
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

We haven't stated that its mandatory though its a good idea to have your stat boost recorded in one place I find, so if you used the shop then it would be easier to find than searching through different give away threads to find previous boosts. I have myself messed up I.Q boosts due to this before.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #765
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
As shop owner, I suggest that everyone post whatever IQ gains they got from the Cauldron in there so they can be confirmed in the shop.
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #766
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbbydoll View Post
I was under the impression that IQ stats/gains were optional to post in the IQ shop, or am I wrong?
You've always had to post there when you manually fed someone an ordinary gummi. I am under the impression that it used to be optional to post there for birthday gummis or other special/event sources of IQ gains but that this position was changed some time roughly one year ago. For the past year, it has been policy to log all of your IQ gains there, not only present and future but also (if you haven't done it yet) past as well. That's why if you go to page 9 of our thread (assuming standard post number settings) you'll find a string of posts from members that contain all of their creatures' old IQ gains. (The process begins after GS's very long post mid-page.) I was pretty tardy, but GS was patient with me and here's my post eventually, posted in April of this year. If you scroll below my post in page view mode, you'll notice that the vast majority of posted text in the thread is of people cross-posting IQ gains from the Calendar thread. (Example courtesy of MM.)

I suppose I should have just quoted GS's words here for you though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
Remember to link to THIS post when linking to your last IQ gain in future posts if the IQ gains were confirmed here; if the last IQ gain was confirmed in a past post in this thread, then use that. Also, I would like everyone from now on to explicitly state here any Gummis used in the FB Calendar thread if you're not already doing so; I saw a lot of them linked as the Pokemon's last IQ gain when they weren't the last IQ gain confirmed here, so it'd help me a lot if you recorded Calendar Gummis clearly so I'm not so confused when I do confirmations. Thanks, and go crazy, especially with any Shadow Pokemon you have~
Blue text for emphasis and easy reading so long as you're not on a non-black, non-white background ¬_¬.

EDIT: Ninja'd! And by people far better capable of answering your question than I.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #767
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Do we have to reconfirm item uses this Monday? I would like to RP my new hatch but I don't want to potentially have items go to waste since I want to use them on my new hatch. Would it be okay to use them in thread and then confirm them on a later date?
Old 11-04-2014, 03:19 AM   #768
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Do we have to reconfirm item uses this Monday? I would like to RP my new hatch but I don't want to potentially have items go to waste since I want to use them on my new hatch. Would it be okay to use them in thread and then confirm them on a later date?
Yes that should be fine
Old 11-04-2014, 05:38 AM   #769
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Apologies for not getting to this sooner Talon, I was utterly exhausted last night and in no physical state to get another post out. It took me literally upwards of an hour and a half to sort out my cauldron and weekly drop off posts because my mind was mush and I kept falling asleep. It shouldn't have taken more than ten minutes, but I could not focus. I wasn't even sure my posts were legible or were linking properly, I just wanted to get something up so I could edit later where necessary so I could go to bed.

Official confirmation in the Move Tutor has not been a rule but it has been advised on many occasions. Also, it used to happen a lot more frequently than it does now but it does happen. However, when the Gen VI changes are officially released the new shop rules will also be going into play and from that moment on everyone will need to post in the shops for official confirmation. The reason being to ensure the items are being used correctly as we came upon cases where they weren't. If I ask people to do something specific then I am going to do the same. I knew that if I left posting till morning I'd not get any posts up at all before the clock ticked over so ensured instead that I made the posts I needed so I could get some sleep then come back and edit later.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #770
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acio29619 View Post
How does the Pokeball situation with Shedinja work here in Fizzy Bubbles, same as the games or not exactly?
Apologies for missing this. It works the same as in the games. Just show that you have an empty Pokéball in your spare slot at the time of evolution and you're set ^^.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:51 AM   #771
Acio29619
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
Apologies for missing this. It works the same as in the games. Just show that you have an empty Pokéball in your spare slot at the time of evolution and you're set ^^.
That's okay, thanks.

Unfortunately I never actually claimed the Nincada I hatched on the 27th of October. I assume that's too long and is now lost to me?
Acio29619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:05 AM   #772
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acio29619 View Post
That's okay, thanks.

Unfortunately I never actually claimed the Nincada I hatched on the 27th of October. I assume that's too long and is now lost to me?

We have not put the time limit for picking up Eggs into place yet, so I would suggest picking it up as soon as possible while you still can.
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #773
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So... I dropped off my Rattata at the Training Center at the beginning of the week to learn Rock Smash. Days later, I decided to trade him away, and did so, forgetting about his stay in aforementioned shop. What do I do now? Do I "pick him up" and inform Kairne that the Rattata also knows Rock Smash, or is the stay just nullified?
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #774
Stark
Rainbow Badge

I need to verify this with Tess and Arc, but I believe that since you traded it away before the week was up, the move will be nullified. I see it as the same thing as withdrawing a pokemon from a shop early. While you didn't post that you were withdrawing Rattata from the shop when you traded him, that is essentially what you did. So no Rock Smash.
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #775
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
So a quick question regarding Pokémon with Surf, Waterfall and Fly:

If we want to confirm knowledge of these moves in the Training Centre, would we have to follow standard HM rules (two Pokémon in the shop at any one time) or standard move confirmation rules (can post as many times as we want)? I just ask because they're not really 'learning' the moves so the latter would make sense, but clarification wouldn't hurt.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records