UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League

Old 08-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #1
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Loch Bygone Raid Battle 4: Vs. Gigantamax Gengar!

Gigantamax Boss Gengar
★★★★★

Health Gauge: 100%
Shielda Up: 0.

Raid Challengers

Sneaze, Houndoom: 500 HP. {Flametongue [+25% Physical Fire damage]}
Slash, Mightyena: 300 HP.
Missingno. Master, Drapion: 400 HP.
Meetan, Sableye: 500 HP.
CrazyCreeperKid, Vullaby: 300 HP.
Prof. Enigma, Rapidash: 400 HP. {Devil Horns [+20% Fire damage]}
Sixdragons, Gible: 300 HP. {Aegis of Frost [25% Def]}
ChrisClark13, Vulpix: 300 HP.

As the gym leader stands slightly disgruntled at the call to arms, his pokemon sitting far back twiddling their thumbs for the time being, the raiders arrive on the scene and ready themselves for battle, the Dynamax Band on Sneaze's wrist gleaming as the Houndoom awaits their command. The Gigantamax Gengar simply sits there, maw gaping as it gazes upon the raiders, and amidst the sound of rotors (to Alex's chagrin) the Shadow pokemon gives something of an unintelligible gargle, though to everyone present it comes to them as a voice calling to them from someone personal, be it a cry for help emanating from the depths of the beast, or mockery from elsewhere trying to unnerve its opponents, trying to back itself up as the Mightyena's intimidate ever so slightly unsettles it...

Dynamax Initiative: Sneaze, Houndoom.

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Sunday, 9th August to place your order.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:40 AM   #2
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

"Damn, its hot out here." Ritchie grunted, raising his left hand to cover his eyes from the blazing sunlight so he could see. The whole place was dead. As he walked through the ghost town, several spooky spectrals swooped by, Gengars and Dusknoirs, whether they were out for souls or just having their afternoon constitutional was up for debate, but there was no time to pick one for the time being.

"I should.... probably leave." Ritchie said, turning around, regretting coming in the first place. There was supposed to be a Gigantamax raid here, but in this ghost town? Bah. Another scam, fucking great. The Vullaby he was walking with, Shayd, grabbed his pant leg with her beak, intent on making him stay. Perhaps she sensed something? Or someone?

"Let go, we're leaving." Ritchie ordered, but the Vullaby, living up to her nature, stood there impishly, completely ignoring the order. "I didn't want to do this, but..." Ritchie trailed off as he bent down and picked the bird Pokemon up directly, only for her to peck his hand, making him let go reflexively.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHY ARE YOU SO... so.... so...." Ritchie trailed off, his mouth hanging open, his gaze fixed forward, and he silently pointed an extending finger. Ahead, from the dried crater, a beam of crimson light shot upwards, three clouds of the same hue swirling around it at the seeable tip, and from underneath, a large, purple creature rose, growing to colossal sizes, giving a large, wicked open smile, its insides open and in view from far away.

"That's a Gigantamax Gengar. So it wasn't a scam." Ritchie said, picking up Shayd and dashing towards the crater, and the bird flew out, already readying an attack.

"You got it! Dark Pulse!"

OOC: Dark Pulse. 80 BP.
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:40 PM   #3
Meetan
Soul Badge

One by one, the other trainers had shown up. Alice recognised a few of them at least. Keith, one of the world's champions and a long time ally, was among them. How could he ever resist a raid with a big, scary poison type at the helm? He had a cool looking Drapion, too, and the blonde smiled in acknowledgement. It was nice to have his back up, honestly. She knew several faces and Pokemon, actually, like the pretty Houndoom. There wasn't much time to marvel, though, as they were soon delving into the deep to face the gigantamax foe.

You're the laziest girl I've ever met. – You're so ugly, nobody would ever love you. You do! You enjoy being depressed! You just need to get over it!

Alice's brows furrowed, mouth opening at the echoes of an unhappy past tormenting her from the ghost's mouth. Jasper could sense the tension in the woman's shoulders, tilting his head and turning around to take a few steps towards his trainer. He made a few asking grumbles, tugging at the leg of her clothes, and it helped to ground her again.

“No-- I'm fine. It was just some ghost type nastiness, I think. You go and give it tenfold.” Alice smiled. Another trainer had the dynamax power, so they would be soon to see if the dog embraced its chance or not. Out of nowhere, a Vullaby flew past, and Alice jumped from the spook of it. The call of its young trainer made her smile, and she glanced back at their ally.

“It's about time, kiddo, you're late!” She teased, “But better late than never. Help a bird out, Jasper! Let's kick off with a Whirlpool for that sick chip damage!”

(Whirlpool, 35 BP)
Old 08-06-2020, 06:34 PM   #4
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Annahime, use Shadow Ball (80 BP)! Try and see if we can't lower that Special Defense some!
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:23 PM   #5
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Gigantamax Gengar... truly a sight to behold. Keith was in awe at the mountainous phantom rising up out of the ground, cavernous mouth agape. It was both awesome and slightly terrifying. Slightly. Keith, after all, felt more akin to the Gengar evolution line than most other people were able to claim. Perhaps one day, Chuck too would be able to assume such a formidable form, though if Keith had to pick only one, he found he was more partial to Mega Gengar instead. But now was not the time to dwell on such things- now was the time to help take this thing down!

And Scorpius knew it, too. The Drapion scuttled forward, claws clicking excitedly- Scorpius was always eager to tackle a strong opponent, and now was no exception. "Draaaaap!" he exclaimed boldly.

A confident grin spread across Keith's face. It may have been a while since he'd used the Drapion in a serious battle, but they still trained just about constantly, and their fighting spirit was burning as brightly as ever. Scorpius was ready, and so was he. "Let's get this party started, Scorpius!" he declared. "We'll start with an old favorite of yours- hit it with a Night Slash!"

"Draaaaaaap!" Scorpius exclaimed, charging forward at once, claws charged with sinister energy. They truly were starting strong, with a move Scorpius had always considered a favorite of his, ever since the days of old when he was an overeager Skorupi, aggressive to the point where "I WANT TO BATTLE THE DRAGONITE!" was considered his catchphrase.

He never did get to battle a Dragonite, though, but nowadays, Keith knew, if ever the opportunity arose, he'd have a lot more confidence in Scorpius's chances than he would have had back then.

OOC: Scorpius used Night Slash (70 BP; high chance to crit; if crits, powered up by Sniper).
Old 08-06-2020, 08:40 PM   #6
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Dracen stared up at their colossal foe. Gigantamax Gengar seemed to swallow all the light around it, its funhouse mouth like an endless black hole. As Dracen gazed into it, he felt a sense of vertigo and an unintelligible whispering filled his ears. A grey fuzziness scraped at the back of his vision, making the other trainers and Pokemon seem as if they were twitching and jerking about brokenly. Dracen squeezed his eyes shut and tried to focus on the task at hand. This was clearly a powerful opponent, judging by its mental manipulation. It seemed like it was seeking out weaknesses in the raid challengers, gnawing at their brains. It could either have Levitate or Cursed Body, so a safe play would have to be made for now to ensure damage was dealt. He'd use Shadow Claw, which didn't have the same-type attack bonus but would still deal damage if the Gengar had Levitate. Dracen shook his head to clear it and snapped his eyes open. The fuzziness and glitching had faded. "Gible, use Shadow Claw(70BP)!"

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:06 PM   #7
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Assurance (60 BP, power doubles if target has taken damage this turn, STAB, Blackglasses)
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:06 PM   #8
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Starting off with a Fire Blast, 110 BP boosted with Devil Horns

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:20 AM   #9
Sneaze
Mrow?

Will-o-Wisp (0 BP)

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 05:23 PM   #10
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.

Gigantamax Boss Gengar
★★★★★

Health Gauge: 80%
Shielda Up: 0.
Status: Att -1, Sp. Att +2, Sp. Def -1, Burned, Whirlpool (4 Turns Remaining).

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Poison Gas (0 BP)

Gible became Poisoned!
Vulpix became Poisoned!
Drapion is unaffected!
Houndoom became Poisoned!

Attack 2: Nasty Plot (0 BP)

Gengar's Special Attack sharply rose!

Attack 3: Sludge Wave (95 BP)

Sixdragons, Gible: 171 HP
Meetan, Sableye: 371 HP
CrazyCreeperKid, Vullaby: 129 HP
Slash, Mightyena: 129 HP

Raid Challengers

Sneaze, Houndoom: 437 HP. {Flametongue [+25% Physical Fire damage]} (Poisoned)
Slash, Mightyena: 129 HP. {Blackglasses [+20% Dark damage]}
Missingno. Master, Drapion: 400 HP.
Meetan, Sableye: 371 HP. (Sealed: Whirlpool (1 turn))
CrazyCreeperKid, Vullaby: 129 HP.
Sixdragons, Gible: 133 HP. {Aegis of Frost [25% Def]} (Poisoned, Sealed: Shadow Claw (1 turn))
ChrisClark13, Vulpix: 262 HP. (Poisoned)

The battle begins in earnest as the raiders launch an immediate assault on the cavernous Gengar, an array of strong Dark type moves giving the spectre discomfort as the horde assaults it and the Sableye forms a whirlpool around it to slowly chip at the Gigantamax pokemon's health over time, while the Houndoom inflicts a nasty burn on the spectre, further ruining its physical might. Gengar however doesn't seem too fussed, and simply closes its massive maw with a snicker, biding its time for a brief moment before wiggling its fingers in a fiendish manner. Suddenly, a wave of faint spectral energy emanates from the hands and while most of the group doesn't feel any different, for the Gible and Sableye they suffer a momentary lapse in concentration, struggling to recall what they just did, as if the body of the Gengar has laid a curse upon their memories, blocking the use of the moves they just used! The ghost has only started though, and opening its mouth a massive cloud of noxious gas promptly swamps the battlefield and the raiders! While half of the group escapes the tide, the Gible, Vulpix and Houndoom aren't as lucky, karma swinging into the canine in particular as the three of them succumb to the effects of the poisonous cloud, while the Drapion seems nonplussed about the whole deal. Giving a half-hearted shrug, the Shadow pokemon then begins to think on its next move, before snapping its fingers and giving a gleeful giggle as it spews forth another wave, this one much more solid and liquidy in its noxious makeup, and while nobody who wasn't poisoned appears to have joined the three who are, they take a sizable knock regardless, and as the three pokemon shudder from the venom coursing through their veins, the Mightyena's trainer's Dynamax Band takes on a glow.

Dynamax Initiative: Slash, Mightyena.

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Tuesday, 11th August to place your order.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:30 PM   #11
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

I don't like the looks of that Special Attack buff.

It's time for some Mystical Fire (75 BP, STAB, will lower opponent's Special Atk by one stage) so we don't get turbo murdered!
Old 08-08-2020, 05:33 PM   #12
Meetan
Soul Badge

Shadow Ball (80 BP)
Old 08-09-2020, 11:16 AM   #13
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Yawning, Willa Carnet walked into the living room of the Poisonous Palace. It was early in the afternoon, so she almost certainly had just woken up. "Hello, Chuck," she greeted the grinning Gengar. "Where is Keith?"

"I'll just let the good people at Channel 890 news answer that for me," Chuck responded, gesturing to the TV. Willa looked over to see the Gigantamax Gengar and the Trainers facing off against it.

"...spewing a potent cloud of Poison Gas, but the Drapion is totally unaffected!" Diana Macks was saying. "And I do believe, Marv, if you wanna zoom in there, it seems Gengar is now going for Nasty Plot!"

"...A Gigantamax Gengar?" Willa inquired.

"Indeed," grinned Chuck. "I myself can't Gigantamax, but that doesn't mean I don't know a thing or two about it. Keith's holding up remarkably well, considering those Trainers are likely being subjected to all manner of strange voices calling to them right now."

Willa looked intently at her fiancé's Gengar. "What do you mean?" she inquired.

"Well, see, the mouth of Gigantamax Gengar is actually a direct portal to the afterlife," Chuck explained lightly. "Should a Gigantamaxed Gengar desire, they can torment their enemies with imitations of their loved ones' voices. This can be done mockingly, or else to try and lure them into its mouth, and therefore-"

"-therefore killing them," Willa finished, eyes back on the TV screen once more, concern evident in her expression. "Do you think Keith...?"

"I have faith in him," grinned Chuck. "He's not so easily tricked."

"Mm... He does look somewhat rattled, though," Willa remarked, peering intently at the TV screen.

~~~~~

Keith was somewhat rattled at this point. It took him a few minutes to start hearing it, but it sounded like voices coming from the freakish void that was Gigantamax Gengar's mouth. Familiar voices, too- each one of them Keith could place a name to. Most of the voices belonged to those Keith knew to still be alive. One belonged to someone who, while dead, Keith knew for a fact was still among them. And one belonged to someone Keith knew good and well was gone forever. It was that last one that was screwing with his head so much in particular. "It's just a trick. It's just a trick," Keith muttered to himself over and over.

"Draaa..." Scorpius murmured. He, too, had been hearing voices, though in his case, none of them were of the deceased. Rather, the voices he was hearing belonged to Hermione, the Weedle he loved so much, and Albus, the Kakuna he was proud to call his son, and they were beckoning him to come join them.

"Scorpius," Keith spoke up. "Whatever you're hearing... it's not real, you know that, right?" he said. "I... I'm hearing... I... But I... I know it's impossible. Mom and Dad are still alive... Helena's perfectly fine... Willa's back at the house, and also wouldn't s-say such things. And... And Co... a-and... I know she's gone. I know she's gone. I know she's gone," he muttered, almost as though trying to drill this fact into his own mind, shaking his head vigorously.

"Drapi?" Scorpius said, turning his head completely backwards to look at Keith.

Keith gave a brave grin. "I'm good, Scorpius," he said. "That thing's trying to mess with our minds. Let's not let it, OK?"

"Draaaap!" Scorpius declared bravely.

"Heh. That's the spirit!" Keith nodded. "Alright, Scorpius- Dark Pulse, go!"

OOC: Scorpius used Dark Pulse (80 BP).
Old 08-09-2020, 12:43 PM   #14
Slash
Silver LO

Snarl (55 BP, Blackglasses, STAB)
Old 08-10-2020, 07:49 AM   #15
Sneaze
Mrow?

Crunch (BP 80)

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:15 PM   #16
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Fire Blast, 110 BP boosted with Devil Horns

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 08-11-2020, 03:31 AM   #17
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

"Damn, this is one powerful Pokemon." Ritchie murmured, watching the Gengar carry out its attacks - it had let out a toxic Poison Gas from its gaping maw, poisoning the Gible, Vulpix and Houndoom he was fighting alongside with, and it let out a cathartic cackle, clearly thinking up some Nasty Plots, and lastly it let out a mucky Wave of Sludge, and Shayd suffered a direct hit, but she wasn't down yet.

"Yeah you got it Shayd! Another Dark Pulse, that's the stuff!"

Old 08-11-2020, 02:46 PM   #18
Thunder Badge

The Gengar counterattacked, poisoning Gible. Pokemon and Trainer snarled at it, but Dracen had to look away again as the floor swayed and the whispering rose to a frantic pitch. What was this power? He glimpsed other Trainers dealing with the same thing. How could they battle the Gengar if they were too busy battling themselves? His brother would know what this is. One of the Gengar's eyes swiveled and locked onto him, an evil glint flickering like a flame. He shook himself again, trying to focus, but the whispering faded only slightly. "Gible, use Shadow Claw!" Gible growled and stuck out a paw, and a shadowy blob of energy started to gather around it- then shivered and fell apart again. Dracen narrowed his eyes. "If you can't use Shadow Claw, that means- Cursed Body... it doesn't have Levitate!" The floor seemed solid again, the whispering faint. Dracen flung out an arm. "Then it's time to unleash our full power! Gible, use Earth Power(90BP)!"

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 08-11-2020, 03:47 PM   #19
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Gigantamax Boss Gengar
★★★★★

Health Gauge: 73%
Shielda Up: 3.
Status: Att -1, Sp. Att +1, Sp. Def -1, Reflect Type: Sableye (Ghost/Dark), Burned, Whirlpool (3 Turns Remaining), Misty Terrain (4 Turns remaining).

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Max Starfall (130 BP)

Slash, Mightyena: 0 HP.

Attack 2: Thunder (110 BP)

It doesn't affect Gible...

Attack 3: Reflect Type (0 BP)

Gengar became the same type as Sableye!

Raid Challengers

Sneaze, Houndoom: 374 HP. {Flametongue [+25% Physical Fire damage]} (Poisoned)
Slash, Mightyena: 0 HP. {Blackglasses [+20% Dark damage]} (Must wait 1 round to recover)
Missingno. Master, Drapion: 400 HP. (Sealed: Dark Pulse (1 turn))
Meetan, Sableye: 371 HP.
CrazyCreeperKid, Vullaby: 129 HP.
Sixdragons, Gible: 95 HP. {Aegis of Frost [25% Def]} (Poisoned)
ChrisClark13, Vulpix: 224 HP. (Poisoned)

Having suffered little injuries last round, the raiders are very quick to pressure the Gigantamax boss with an array of super effective assaults, though only the first two attacks make some impact, forcing the phantom to conjure up a nonet of shimmering barriers, most of which are smashed apart by the follow up. Annoyed, yet at the same time strangely impressed, the Gengar lets loose another pulse of sealing energy, and as Sableye and Gible seem to recall suddenly the use of Whirlpool and Shadow Claw, it is the turn of two of the Dark types to suddenly feel mentally impaired, the Mightyena's vocal chords seizing up slightly and the Drapion's battle-hungry demeanour abating somewhat as their Snarl and Dark Pulse techniques are sealed. Things go from bad to worse for the canine though as the phantom finally decides it's done playing around for now, summoning forth a merciless Max Starfall that outright sends the Mightyena to the floor, literal stars in the defeated canine's eyes. Personally looking a little chuffed, it then conjures an incredible blast of lightning to rain down towards the other pokemon who got blocked, only for the Thunder's path to veer harmlessly from Drapion to Gible, the poisoned Dragon type taking the electric move without issue at all, though the same can't be said of the poisoning. With a frown, the ghost type then brightens up, and pointing a finger at Sableye, decides that being part Poison doesn't really suit it well, and what Gengar really feels is cool these days is being a Ghost and Dark type, flicking a mirror to the gremlin and copying its typing. Without that pesky weakness to Dark moves, how will the raiders cope with whatever else this fat phantasmal fiend has in store for them? Whatever the plan is, Gible seems especially raring to go, what with his trainer's dynamax band aglow.

Dynamax Initiative: Sixdragons, Gible.

• You have until Friday, 14th August to place your order.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:29 PM   #20
Slash
Silver LO

Shield Break cheering
Old 08-11-2020, 05:52 PM   #21
Thunder Badge

Gible gave a triumphant and adorable roar when the Gigantamax Gengar's Thunder smashed harmlessly against his sandy scales. Despite the little Dragon's bravado, Dracen could see he was hurt. They didn't have much time before he was knocked out. Gengar's shields were up for now, but a few hits should break them. Dracen called out, "Earth Power(90BP), quick!" Gible stamped his foot, opening a small fissure in front of the huge Ghost and causing a tornado of sand and small stones to smash against its shield. Dracen cheered, trying to ignore the jabbering voices scraping at his ears.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 08-12-2020, 08:34 AM   #22
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

"Yeah you got it Shayd! Another Dark Pulse, that's the stuff!"

Old 08-12-2020, 09:45 AM   #23
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Mystical Fire (75 BP, STAB, will lower opponent's Special Attack by one stage)
Old 08-12-2020, 11:18 AM   #24
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Gah, Reflect Type?!" Keith murmured, watching as the Gigantamax Gengar changed its type- most infuriatingly, to match that of their ally's remarkably pink Sableye. "Well, that's annoying- only one type super effective against it now, and of course we don't have any Fairy moves..."

~~~~~

"Come on, now," Willa murmured as she watched the televised news broadcast intently. "You know there's something that'll work, I know you know what it is..."

Chuck turned to look at Willa. "He's holding up pretty well, considering what that Gengar must be making him think he hears," he stated. "Are you not at all worried?"

"I suspect I won't ever not be worried to some degree," Willa conceded, still watching Keith intently. "But I know how capable he is, both as a Trainer and as a person."

Keith's Gengar grinned. "You're not wrong," he replied. "Though if I had to guess, I would feel confident in attributing his current performance to... you. You really have been good for him, you know? Do you know that he used to have fairly regular recurring nightmares about Halloween 2012?"

Willa blinked in surprise. "Did he?" she murmured. "I've never known him to complain of such things."

"Well, no, you wouldn't," grinned Chuck. "Considering he's stopped having them ever since he started going out with you. No doubt that the Gigantamax Gengar's power is trying to force him to relive some of the... less pleasant parts of his past, there."

"He's told me about those," Willa stated. "If that Gengar really is trying to make him relive those times specifically, it must be taking him considerable effort to keep his head on straight..." And she continued to intently watch the news broadcast.

~~~~~

Keith, as Chuck had surmised, was indeed trying to ignore the voices that the Gigantamax Gengar was subjecting him to. Memories of his past, harsh reminders of some of his worst mistakes as a person... and the implication that they meant he didn't deserve Willa. There were tears in his eyes, but he stubbornly blinked them away as best he could. He had to keep reminding himself- that was all in the past. And however much it had been his fault, he had already done his very best to atone for it, there was no changing what had been done, and what was important was the here and the now. Besides, none of this was anything Willa didn't already know about him- the same Willa who had readily agreed to marry him. That right there, that was the thought he clung to like a Komala clings to its log.

"Let's shut this thing up but good, Scorpius!" Keith exclaimed. "And I know just how to do it, too- Shadow Blast, let's go!"

"DRAAAAAAAAAP!" bellowed Scorpius, preparing to unleash a gale-force gust of shadowy energy- Gengar was gonna take super effective damage from this no matter what type it was.

OOC: Scorpius used Shadow Blast (80 BP; high crit chance; if it crits, powered up by Sniper).
Old 08-12-2020, 08:37 PM   #25
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Fire Blast, 110 BP boosted with Devil Horns

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League