UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 07-12-2020, 09:48 PM   #501
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

"Arceus above, Paras!" Cy swore. The Bug had left itself open to attack now, and their opponent was smart enough to take advantage of it immediately. Heatmor readied a powerful Flame Charge as Paras turned and realized its difficult situation. "Paras, listen to me!" Cy shouted. "LISTEN TO ME! Backpedal and let Heatmor start its attack!" Paras hissed violently at its Trainer as the flames around Heatmor flared brightly.

Crazy plan! Only good plan is attack! But as determined as it was, Heatmor charged then and it had no choice. Paras scampered, Heatmor slowly gaining as they neared the edge of the battlefield. Cy called out just before Paras crossed the boundary. "Now, release every spore you have! Make a cloud!" With Heatmor bearing down quickly, Paras readied itself-

And froze. Sputtering with rage, it struggled with its base instinct to attack and its Trainer's plan, which some part of it could see was the right move. Heatmor gained a crucial bit of ground then, as Paras stood paralyzed with furious doubt. Finally, logic broke through its lust for violence, and Paras spouted an enormous Stun Spore from each mushroom, creating a dense cloud that would surely obscure Heatmor's vision. Even with its flame aura, it would be a struggle to burn away the whole cloud. Paras shot out of the spores, having used them as cover to dodge. It skidded to a halt in front of its Trainer, tripping on one of its back legs. Its indecision had allowed Heatmor to get too close, and that leg had been scorched. It turned back to the cloud, ready to keep fighting. Cy folded his arms.

"I know you don't feel pain on your insect body, but that's no reason to get reckless," he scolded. "If that Heatmor lands a direct hit, we lose. I won't try to direct you the whole time, but I need you to listen to me when I do give you commands. OK?" Paras barely glanced at its Trainer, but Cy knew that his words had sunken in to some degree. At least it wasn't rushing in claws first anymore. "Right then, top off your Attack with a third Swords Dance, then add Sleep Powder to the spore cloud to expand it and make it more dangerous!" Paras gave a low hiss, clearly still distrustful of the plan, but it dutifully executed both moves nonetheless, the haze of spores doubling in size. Any normal Pokémon caught in that cloud wouldn't be able to move from being paralyzed, if they managed to resist being put to sleep. But that Heatmor was far from normal, and its Trainer always seemed to have another trick up his sleeve. Cy and Paras would have to be ready for anything.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:48 PM   #502
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Sludge Bomb hit its mark, forcing Psilo to stop charging the Solar Beam. It wasn't the best of ideas anyway- even if it wasn't ridiculously resisted by the Grass/Poison-type, the weather was far from ideal for this sort of thing. Not wanting to seem weak, the Breloom moved in for an X-Scissor, which Six took directly. However, he didn't simply take it; he was quick to grab Psilo and throw him over his cap, using the Breloom's own momentum against him for a well-executed Foul Play!

The time had come to finish things, and the fungal fighters knew this. Both the Breloom and the Amoonguss charged at each other, each going for a forceful Giga Impact! There was something of an explosion as they collided, and as the dust settled, the results were plain to see; the match had ended in a draw.

The first thing Psilo would notice upon coming to was the very Shiinotic he'd been trying to impress standing over him, offering a hand to help him up. "That was quite a battle," she said softly, smiling somewht shyly. "You fought very well against Six- even a draw against him is impressive. I... I'm Increase," she introduced herself. "What's your name?"

Meanwhile, the Parasect was approaching Six as the Amoonguss stirred, though it was moving oddly, as though occasionally taken over by the sudden urge to reconsider approaching Six. But ultimately, the Parasect got close enough. "...Amanitin?" murmured Six. "What..."

"Amanita's fighting for control, so I'll make it quick," the Parasect interrupted plainly. "She's got it bad for you, big fella, even moreso after seein' you in action just now. Thing is, she's way too shy to actually say it to your face, so I figured I'd do her a favor since I ain't shy about shit."

And then, some sort of subtle shift took place, and the Parasect suddenly spoke in a different voice, the mushroom's personality back in control. "Amanitin!!" Amanita hissed quietly, sounding mortified. She looked down, unable to bring herself to look at Six. "I... I..." she murmured, as she slowly and uncertainly started to back away, blushing furiously.

Six, however, hopped forward, gently putting a shield on one of her front claws. "...was Amanitin right?" the Amoonguss asked quietly. "Do you... really like me like that?"

"...yes. I do, Six," confessed Amanita. "I... I'm sorry, I... I had no desire to put you on the spot like this, I apologize for Amanitin, she-"

"Amanita," Six said. "I... I should be thanking Amanitin. I... I like you the same way. I have for some time now."

At last, the Parasect was able to meet Six's gaze. The Ultramoonguss was looking lovingly at her. "...even with our situation being what it is?" she murmured almost disbelievingly. "What with me and Amanitin...?"

"Y-yes," Six nodded. "I... I know your situation is highly unusual. I know it's weird, b-but... but it doesn't change how I feel. It doesn't take away from the fact that every time you're in control, somehow I can tell. Somehow I always know. Even when I'm seeing you at a distance and can't hear who's speaking, I... y-you're just so kind and- and nice to be around, and..." Unable to further articulate his feelings into words, the Amoonguss instead gently kissed the Parasect's mushroom.

~~~~~~

"I've learned better than to underestimate Fizzytopian Pokémon and their Trainers," Eddie stated. "What they can achieve astounds me sometimes. Keith in particular- Hermione, my Weedle? He used to be her Trainer. She came to me already a formidable and powerful Pokémon. I've even had the privilege of Dynamaxing her on one occasion." As the subject turned back to the battle, Eddie watched intently as the Paras attempted to attack. "Perhaps it doesn't know any ranged attacks yet," Eddie speculated. "Which would be most unfortunate in this situation- if this is indeed the case, I'm not sure I see a way around this."

However, Cy certainly seemed to. Managing to drive some common sense into that mushroom-managed mind, he conveyed an order that the Paras actually obeyed, letting loose a vicious cloud of Stun Spore to use as cover. The flames all around Kyle flared up as they incinerated many of the spores... but not all of them. "Gah!" Keith exclaimed as he, along with Kyle, suddenly found movement difficult.

"Keith?!" Willa murmured in concern.

"Nothing... I'm fine," Keith grunted, managing a brave grin before turning his attention back to the battle, his jerky movements mirroring those of the Keith-Heatmor. "Use Incin- Incinerate!" Keith managed to say.

"H-heat... HEATMO-HEATMOR!" Kyle stuttered, as he brought his claws before him, causing some of his fiery aura to gather into a single scorching fireball, which Kyle then launched at the spore cloud with great force. This, however, was at the same time Paras had been able to add Sleep Powder to the mix. The fireball flared up in midair as the spores ignited.

"F-follow it up!" Keith managed to say, as though he was suffering from the same bout of paralysis as his Heatmor. "U-u-use Flame Burst!"

"H-H-Heeeeat..." groaned Kyle in response as he felt his muscles lock up nearly completely- Flame Burst didn't seem to be happening. At the same time, the fiery aura seemed to be exposing a few more openings, the paralysis messing with the power from the Bond Phenomenon...
Old 07-17-2020, 10:41 PM   #503
Emp
Volcano Badge

Shroomish Love is blooming (and shrooming)

It wasn’t clear if fatigue or damage had done him in, perhaps it was an amalgamation of the two. The cataclysmic clash was enough to knock them both out clean, the dishevelled grounds pocked with a fresh crater as the spectators scattered from the warzone as it erupted in smoke. There was one who remained, the pink mushroom who had taken an interest in Psilo. She had dragged him out of the crater and lent him some vitality, lifeforce ebbing from the tips of her fingers into his, sending him into a shiver as it coursed through his whole body. This was enough to rouse the unconscious shroom, eyes opening feebly as the Shiiontic came into focus. As his confusion subsided a flush of embarrassment would take its place. With her arms cradling his head he wondered if he was suffering concussion.

“What happened?” Psilo started. He rubbed his cap feebly, the last thing he remembered they were sparring with restraint; the minutes where the battle had kicked up a notch before spiralling out of control had been lost to him.

"That was quite a battle," she said softly, smiling somewhat shyly. "You fought very well against Six- even a draw against him is impressive. I... I'm Increase," she introduced herself. "What's your name?"

“Uh- I’m- I’m Psilo”, he reciprocated her smile, the nerves starting to slip away all at once. “Thank you for healing me, that’s quite a power you have there. Are you all from around these parts?”

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:08 AM   #504
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Increase smiled once Psilo came to, moreso as he thanked her and complimented her on her power. "It was no trouble," the Grass/Fairy-type replied modestly.

Psilo then asked if they were all from around these parts. "Many of these mushrooms came from neighboring forests, but myself, Six, Amanita, and Amanitin all live here with our Trainers," the Shiinotic said, gesturing to a few of the structures- the mansion at the northern end, and the one-story building that wouldn't have looked out of place in Johto's Ruins of Alph. "I, personally, used to live in Fortune's Woods among many of my kind. One day, a Talonflame came through, harming the forest. There was a human intent on stopping the Talonflame, and so I opted to go with him. However, I could tell as I helped him in battle, that he and I were not an especially good match. But he seemed to be able to guess this from the start as well, and told me he knew of a Trainer who would be better suited to me. Once we saved the forest, he took me to her, and he was quite right. What about you, Psilo?" she added. "I'm fairly certain I've never seen a Breloom half as handsome as you around here before," she said with a small smile.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:16 PM   #505
Emp
Volcano Badge

Shroomish A truffled past...

While nursing him back to shape, Psilo would learn a little more about the odd fairy-type. For starters, while she lived on these parts with her trainer, she was a wild Pokemon at heart. The Breloom had sensed a certain untamed air about Increase, perhaps the reason he was so smitten in the first place. It was Psilo’s turn to share, face flushing a shade of pink as she complemented his appearance. The truffle hesitated for a moment, worried his story wasn't near as interesting:

“I was born in a hatchery, a gift for a trainer who rejected me the moment I was born… Still a shroomling, I spent months in a Pokemon orphanage, watching countless others come and go before me. The shop owners took care of my well enough, but would have no choice but to release me if I wasn’t rehomed eventually, practically a death sentence for a Pokemon that has never lived in the wild before…” It pained Psilo to talk about it to this day, his childhood traumas coming back to the fore all at once, like the mushrooms popping up all over the strange landmass. It was the root of his shyness and insecurities, his biggest life hurdle. He slipped out of the Shiiontic’s cradle and up to his feet, legs threatening to buckle from the sudden movement. The hills were obscuring the view of his trainer's last whereabouts, a small jetty the island’s proprietor had directed him to make the necessary repairs to his sailboat.

“But then Emp found me,” Psilo continued, “He was young just like I was, only weeks into his Pokemon journey. And he chose me. Of all the Pokemon in the shelter he chose me…” Amidst the perpetual pitter-patter a sudden fire had sparked in the fungi, his fists clenching in enthusiasm, “And he believed in me. I helped him catch his first Pokemon in the Forest of Adventure, and he helped me to reach my full potential. We’ve been best friends ever since – and have fought in countless fights together.”

Emp would be wondering where he’d pottered off to by now, it must have been a few hours since they separated and the dreary skies were beginning to darken. But Psilo was only just starting to get to know the femme-fungi, his trainer could afford to wait a bit longer. With time running short, Psilo did something crazy - he grabbed the Shiiontic’s hand and gave it a squeeze: “It doesn’t feel weird talking to you about this sort of stuff with you. Perhaps we can explore some of the grounds together before gathering with the rest of the ‘shrooms - it will be nightfall before long, so we should carpet the ground with spores en masse if we want a productive mushroom season!”

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 07-22-2020 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:54 PM   #506
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Keith chuckled at Drake's muffled response, and waited until Wolfe let the man stand on his own. Eventually, Drake was able to get back up, and he asked Keith how things were going for him. "Pretty good, man," Keith replied with a smile. "A lot's happened since last time. Case in point, I'd like you to meet my lovely girlfriend, Willa," he added, as Willa walked over to his side. Keith put an arm around her, which brought the slightest of smiles to her face.

"Good to meet you, Drake," Willa said, offering a handshake. "I am Willa Carnet."

"In fact, as you've probably seen on the way here, Sludge Wave Coast is really shaping up to be more like a small town by this point," Keith added. "A few new houses around here- Willa actually lives here with me, neither of those houses are hers," he added. "That one just north of the Pokémon Center, person named Terri Alph lives there. And that huge colosseum on the southern end of town, that's run by that guy over there," he added, gesturing to Gavin. "That's Gavin Golurkson. Very good guy. His house is right next door to Sludge Wave Colosseum. He's a Shiny hunter from Pyrite Town. How about you, though, Drake?" Keith asked. "How's things going for you?"

Gavin, meanwhile, listened as Krelia explained that she was technically from Veilstone City, but that hers was a long and complicated story, the details of which she wasn't exactly the best suited to go into. "Keith was actually telling me, about Drake being from an alternate universe or something like that, so I'm guessing the same goes for you?" Krelia then explained that with her, her art said a lot more than her words, and to drive that point home, she took out a notebook and showed a picture to Gavin, one she'd colored in. Gavin gave a low whistle as he looked at it, sounding impressed. At one point he glanced over at Drake and Wolfe, then back at the picture, before Krelia allowed him to flip through the book himself, and as he did so, the looks on his face made it quite clear he continued to be impressed by Krelia's artistic skill.
(been a hot moment, but I finally have some drive to continue this)

Drake pushed aside his arcanine with a smile on his face, and nodded, reaching out to shake Willa's hand
" Nice to meet you, Willa"

Drake absentmindedly went back to scratching Wolfe between his shoulder blades where the Arcanine couldn't exactly reach, enticing the dog to thump his tail and his eyes to close, a mental sigh could be heard from him as he was getting scratched in the good spot.

"Well to be quiet honest, after I woke up from that... the borderline coma I wasn't in a good place mentally. Things were a bit hard for me and I decided to go out alone and track down what I could from Purity. They've fallen off the map for now."

Krelia nodded, " Yea, Wolfe used the time shard crystal Keith and Jack recovered to come and pull me, as well as a few other family members through, I didn't know if you were told what happened with the purity attack which is why I said it wasn't my story to explain"

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:23 PM   #507
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Psilo hesitated before going into his story. It was the sort of story Increase had heard before. Her Trainer's Bronzor had a similar story, having come from the Adoption Center as well. But from the sound of things, the old Adoption Center was a far less pleasant place than where XXXXX had resided. Increase looked on with concern, for this was clearly painful for the Breloom to relive. However, he then got to his feet, and continued on, about how Emp had found him, chose him, believed in him, became his best friend. "I'm glad he found you," said the Shiinotic.

And then, Psilo took hold of Increase's hand. He seemed to have come to a decision, and invited Increase to explore the grounds together before gathering with the other mushrooms. In response, Increase's long fingers closed around the Breloom's hand in return. "I'd like that very much," she smiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
(been a hot moment, but I finally have some drive to continue this)

Drake pushed aside his arcanine with a smile on his face, and nodded, reaching out to shake Willa's hand
" Nice to meet you, Willa"

Drake absentmindedly went back to scratching Wolfe between his shoulder blades where the Arcanine couldn't exactly reach, enticing the dog to thump his tail and his eyes to close, a mental sigh could be heard from him as he was getting scratched in the good spot.

"Well to be quiet honest, after I woke up from that... the borderline coma I wasn't in a good place mentally. Things were a bit hard for me and I decided to go out alone and track down what I could from Purity. They've fallen off the map for now."

Krelia nodded, " Yea, Wolfe used the time shard crystal Keith and Jack recovered to come and pull me, as well as a few other family members through, I didn't know if you were told what happened with the purity attack which is why I said it wasn't my story to explain"

Willa shook Drake's hand, and Drake revealed to Keith that after what had happened, he hadn't been in a good place mentally. He'd gone off by himself to track down Purity as best he could, but for the time being they were lying low. "Ah, geez, that sucks," Keith frowned.

"Indeed," Willa agreed. "I hope you're feeling better these days?" she inquired.

Gavin nodded in response to Krelia. "Yeah, I was told the general gist of it," he stated. "Keith's filled in everyone what that lives here at Sludge Wave Coast, so we wouldn't be in the dark about Purity, and I don't blame him, that sounds like some dangerous shit," he said seriously. And Jack filled us in on some of the less necessary details that involved him," he added with a chuckle. "So, anyway... Keith said you're entering the Colosseum challenge today, huh?" he grinned. "Can't wait to see how you do- I run Sludge Wave Colosseum, so I'm gonna be reffing and commentating the battles. Though to be honest, I kinda wanna participate myself someday, maybe ask Keith if Jack can fill in for me as the referee and commentator one time. Never actually took part in a Colosseum challenge myself, even growing up in Pyrite Town, but damn if I haven't watched lots of 'em," he said fondly. "I could bring out some of my Pokémon, show 'em if you wanna see," he offered.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:45 AM   #508
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:

Willa shook Drake's hand, and Drake revealed to Keith that after what had happened, he hadn't been in a good place mentally. He'd gone off by himself to track down Purity as best he could, but for the time being they were lying low. "Ah, geez, that sucks," Keith frowned.

"Indeed," Willa agreed. "I hope you're feeling better these days?" she inquired.

Gavin nodded in response to Krelia. "Yeah, I was told the general gist of it," he stated. "Keith's filled in everyone what that lives here at Sludge Wave Coast, so we wouldn't be in the dark about Purity, and I don't blame him, that sounds like some dangerous shit," he said seriously. And Jack filled us in on some of the less necessary details that involved him," he added with a chuckle. "So, anyway... Keith said you're entering the Colosseum challenge today, huh?" he grinned. "Can't wait to see how you do- I run Sludge Wave Colosseum, so I'm gonna be reffing and commentating the battles. Though to be honest, I kinda wanna participate myself someday, maybe ask Keith if Jack can fill in for me as the referee and commentator one time. Never actually took part in a Colosseum challenge myself, even growing up in Pyrite Town, but damn if I haven't watched lots of 'em," he said fondly. "I could bring out some of my Pokémon, show 'em if you wanna see," he offered.

Drake shuffled for a moment on his feet before answering " I wouldn't say I'm completely better, but making new friends and having new partner pokemon to care for have helped pick me up"

Krelia watched Gavin, nodding along, then when he offered to show off some of his pokemon, Krelia held up a finger. "One moment before you do so,
She reached over and pulled up her Pokedex and pulled off a part of it and connected it to her necklace, and then also prepped her notebook and pencils.

"Alrighty, now I'm ready to see them, " She said with a smile

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 01:49 AM   #509
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post

Drake shuffled for a moment on his feet before answering " I wouldn't say I'm completely better, but making new friends and having new partner pokemon to care for have helped pick me up"

Krelia watched Gavin, nodding along, then when he offered to show off some of his pokemon, Krelia held up a finger. "One moment before you do so,
She reached over and pulled up her Pokedex and pulled off a part of it and connected it to her necklace, and then also prepped her notebook and pencils.

"Alrighty, now I'm ready to see them, " She said with a smile
"Well, that's good, at the very least," nodded Keith.

"Indeed," agreed Willa. "I would say meeting someone new has... certainly been good for me," she added, with a small smile in Keith's direction. Keith smiled back for a second, before the couple turned their attention back to Drake.

"New partner Pokémon, you say?" Keith said. "Don't suppose you brought any along with you?"

Gavin, meanwhile, looked on in mild confusion as Krelia took something out of her Pokédex and connected it to her necklace. The notebook and pencils, however, those made much more sense to him- of course Krelia was gonna want to draw them. He smiled faintly at this, knowing he'd want to see how such drawings would come out. Then, producing a Net Ball, a Quick Ball, and an Ultra Ball, he enlarged the three spheres and tossed them into the empty portion of the large kitchen. "Agate, Rui, Phenac, shine for me!" he exclaimed.

From the Net Ball emerged a moth with golden-brown wings; from the Quick Ball appeared an odd sort of yellow and pinkish-red snake, more cute than intimidating; and from the Ultra Ball came a silvery mechanical quadruped, with a great golden X across its meteor-like body. All three Pokémon were briefly surrounded by beautiful rings of bright blue sparkles as they materialized.

"Alright, so, this here's Agate," Gavin began, indicating the Shiny Dustox. "Found and caught her out in Cadaver Forest, and then when I moved to Sludge Wave Coast, I find out she used to belong to Keith!" he chuckled. "Evidently she weren't happy with Keith as her Trainer so insisted on being released, but," he shrugged, "she's been fine with me so far."

"Tox, tox!" nodded Agate.

"And this here's Rui," Gavin continued, kneeling down and petting the Shiny Dunsparce. "Quiet, gentle, easygoing, but don't get me wrong, she can and will hold her own in a battle if she's gotta, and she's no slouch, either," he grinned.

"Sparce sparce," chirped Rui, nuzzling her Trainer.

Once Gavin was done petting Rui, he stood back up, and gestured to the Shiny Metagross. "And this big lug goes by the name of Phenac," he stated. "No clue what the hell it's thinking half the time, but it's good about taking my orders in battle, so I gotta be doing something right," he shrugged. "I mean, Phenac's got a problem with an order I give, it makes me fucking aware of it," he grinned.

"ME TA," droned Phenac, eyeing Krelia with an unreadable look.

"And I brought one more with me," Gavin added, producing a normal Poké Ball and tossing it into the air. This time, no sparkles accompanied what came out, for the Maractus was clearly the normal color for his kind. "This here's Miror, first Pokémon I ever caught," grinned the Orre-native Shiny hunter. "I was after something Shiny to kick off my journey, and, uh, that wasn't happening. Didn't take it so well back then, and one time, came to a Poké Spot and just saw this normal Maractus chilling out, munching on my Poké Snacks, I lost it, started swearing up a storm. And at one point I'm stopping to take a breath, and I notice the Maractus offering me one of the Poké Snacks. Dunno what it is about this guy, but he was pretty good at getting me to calm my ass down. Just hung out with him for a little bit after that, and at some point, I relented- figured I could live without having me a Shiny from the very stsrt of my journey. Asked the Maractus if he'd come with, and the rest is history," he concluded.

"Marac, Maractus," nodded Miror.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:40 PM   #510
Thunder Badge

"Yes!" Cy cheered as he saw Heatmor freeze. "Paras, now's your chance! No orders, just go!" Paras hissed gleefully, the crackling remains of the spore cloud reflected in its eyes. It launched forward with a triumphant screech, pinpointing each gap in the opponent's fiery shield and Scratching wildly. Darting back and forth, circling. Even with its injuries, it was as fast and relentless as it was in the beginning of the battle. Scratch after Scratch it delivered, ever more recklessly. Once or twice it would graze a spot still covered in fire aura and jump back hissing for a moment.
"Be wary, Paras," Cy called. "That paralysis will only last so long!" The little Bug barely listened, not even slowing its assault. Cy could sense that this battle was nearing its end, but on whose side he could not say. They seemed to be doing well now, but all it would take is for that Heatmor to land a direct hit and they would lose in an instant...

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 08-03-2020, 04:15 AM   #511
Emp
Volcano Badge

Shroomish Loominous

Quote:
Psilo hesitated before going into his story. It was the sort of story Increase had heard before. Her Trainer's Bronzor had a similar story, having come from the Adoption Center as well. But from the sound of things, the old Adoption Center was a far less pleasant place than where XXXXX had resided. Increase looked on with concern, for this was clearly painful for the Breloom to relive. However, he then got to his feet, and continued on, about how Emp had found him, chose him, believed in him, became his best friend. "I'm glad he found you," said the Shiinotic.

And then, Psilo took hold of Increase's hand. He seemed to have come to a decision, and invited Increase to explore the grounds together before gathering with the other mushrooms. In response, Increase's long fingers closed around the Breloom's hand in return. "I'd like that very much," she smiled.
Throwing caution to the wind the pair strolled in locked hands touring about the curious stretch of coast – stopping for a drink and playful splash at the Fountain, attempting to lift the Truck in a show of Strength and ultimately coming to a rest at the end of the Poisonous Pier. The wooden walkway stood on barnacle encrusted stilts, its wooden rails spattered with droppings of various bird Pokemon. Emp had moored his boat not far, tools strewn across its hull repairs were only midway through; perhaps the two trainers had gone inside for dinner and respite from the drizzle? The nippy seasalt breeze was beating harder against their caps the further they ventured down the prominade, coming to a seat at its end, soaking up a spectacular view of the open ocean. The overcast sky mustered a muted sunset, filling the air with romance as Shiiontic wrapped her arms around Breloom and he rested his head on her cap.

Psilo wished he could freeze this moment for an eternity, his lovesick daze only broken by the twinkling speckles on Increase’s cap. Breloom reeled back in amazement as her bioluminescence came to the fore amidst the blackening sky. “How do you do that?!” He asked curiously, no matter how hard he tried his cap would persist a dull green-red.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:30 PM   #512
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

(Note: This storyline takes place before Keith proposed to Willa, and therefore their status in this storyline is still boyfriend and girlfriend, just to hopefully avoid any confusion.)

The type matchup was an obvious one here- Heatmor vs. Paras? The outcome should have been as easy to predict as what a Snorlax would do when presented with a box of donuts. And yet, Cy and his Paras were proving resourceful here, making use of Paras's natural affinity for powder-based moves and inflicting status conditions, and the Heatmor was paralyzed, slower than usual against a wily and wary foe who was capitalizing on any and every opportunity that presented itself. The Bond Phenomenon between Keith and Kyle, while impressive, was very quickly showing its imperfections, as Keith was proving to be just as tripped up by the paralysis as the actually paralyzed Heatmor. And to top it all off, Kyle was being subjected to Scratch after Scratch, and with Bond Phenomenon still in effect, Keith was wincing with each hit his Heatmor was taking, feeling as though the Paras's claws were swiping his own torso. He opened his mouth to give Kyle a command. Something. Anything. Not a sound escaped his lips, and a moment later, nothing was even coming to mind, attack orders or otherwise.

"Keith!?" Willa shrieked, for her boyfriend had fainted on the spot. At that same time, the swirling flames subsided from around Kyle, and the physical changes had undone themselves, the Bond Phenomenon over and done with for the time being as he, too, fainted from one critical hit too many. Fortunately, before Willa, Meowth, or Eddie could get too worked up, Keith had already started to awaken.

"...whoa... I... What just happened?" Keith murmured as Willa helped him to his feet. "Did... did we win?"

"Ehhh, not so much," Meowth said. "

"Oh, shit, yeah- Heatmor is unable to battle," Gavin hastily spoke up. "Uh, the winner is Paras, and Cy and all that shit- Keith, you OK, dude?" he called, having been caught completely off-guard by everything that had just happened.

"Gah... Yeah, I'm good, I'm good," Keith nodded. "I just... damn, what... It happened again, me and Kyle-"

"Again?" Willa inquired.

"Once, before I met you," Keith said to his girlfriend. "Kyle and I suddenly just... we were completely in sync, and, like, I could see what he saw, we moved in sync just instinctively, and if he took a hit, I'd feel it, too."

Willa nodded slowly. "That's what's known in Kalos as Bond Phenomenon," she stated. "There are tales of Pokémon achieving such high levels of synchronization with their Trainers as to unlock a strange transformation, in which Trainer and Pokémon essentially fight as one. What's strange is... I've only ever heard of Greninja undergoing such a transformation before."

"Indeed- Jake said something similar," Eddie piped up. "This is most fascinating!"

"Yeah, for sure," Keith nodded with a weak chuckle. Then, he walked out onto the battlefield, picking up his feebly stirring Heatmor. "You were great, buddy," he smiled. "I don't fully understand this Bond Phenomenon deal we just did, but I'm willing to figure it out along with you, alright?"

"Heat mor," Kyle murmured weakly, though with an agreeing nod. Then, once he was standing back up, he raised a clawed hand, and he and Keith exchanged a fistbump. Keith then withdrew his Heatmor, then nodded over at Cy. "That was a good battle, Cy," he smiled.

"Are you all right?" Willa asked Keith softly. "Do you think you ought to lie down?"

"Nah, I'm feeling better already," Keith said, with a genuine smile as he looked at Willa. "I really appreciate the concern, though," he added in a quieter tone. Then, he turned to Gavin. "So, Gav, you said you and Jake were gonna battle, right?" he added.

"Oh, shit, yeah, that's right," Gavin nodded. "If you're still up for it, of course," he added to the aspiring aura guardian. "Got a bunch of Pokémon to work with, so any number what that's good with you."

"And if this is about to happen, I wanna watch," Keith stated. "After that, we can all take our Pokémon to the Pokémon Center together."

Meanwhile, a Parasect had crawled out to where everyone was, and upon spotting Cy's Paras, uttered a horrified gasp. She zipped right over to him. "What have you done to that poor Paras?" demanded Amanita, addressing the Paras in question. Or rather, the mushrooms controlling him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post
Throwing caution to the wind the pair strolled in locked hands touring about the curious stretch of coast – stopping for a drink and playful splash at the Fountain, attempting to lift the Truck in a show of Strength and ultimately coming to a rest at the end of the Poisonous Pier. The wooden walkway stood on barnacle encrusted stilts, its wooden rails spattered with droppings of various bird Pokemon. Emp had moored his boat not far, tools strewn across its hull repairs were only midway through; perhaps the two trainers had gone inside for dinner and respite from the drizzle? The nippy seasalt breeze was beating harder against their caps the further they ventured down the prominade, coming to a seat at its end, soaking up a spectacular view of the open ocean. The overcast sky mustered a muted sunset, filling the air with romance as Shiiontic wrapped her arms around Breloom and he rested his head on her cap.

Psilo wished he could freeze this moment for an eternity, his lovesick daze only broken by the twinkling speckles on Increase’s cap. Breloom reeled back in amazement as her bioluminescence came to the fore amidst the blackening sky. “How do you do that?!” He asked curiously, no matter how hard he tried his cap would persist a dull green-red.
Psilo and Increase explored the small seaside clearing together. Splashing and drinking from the fountain. Watching as Psilo made an effort to lift Keith's truck with an impressive display of Strength (and in the process, mildly annoying the Ditto who was napping underneath said truck for reasons even he couldn't fully fathom).And finally, they sat together on the edge of the Poisonous Pier. Psilo's Trainer's boat was nearby, but no sign of him, nor of Keith- most likely the latter had invited the former inside for a bite to eat and some shelter from the less than favorable weather. Keith Masters was hospitable like that. But right now, the pair of mushrooms were more concerned with enjoying each other's company. Increase had wrapped her arms around Psilo, whose head was resting on her cap. A moment neither of them wished to end.

Psilo was broken from this romantic trance as the spots on Increase's cap lit up as the sky grew darker. He was astounded by this, asking how it was possible. Increase giggled at this reaction. "Spores from Morelull and Shiinotic flicker with light," she explained. "We can scatter them to lure prey, and they allow our caps to light up in the dark. I remember as a little Morelull seeing all the elder Shiinotic with their large caps all lit up at night, how beautiful it all was... I always wanted to be that beautiful myself."

Not long after this, the Grass/Fairy-type noticed the other mushrooms starting to congregate. "Oh- I think it's starting," she said to Psilo. "How about... we join them?" she asked Psilo, offering her hand to the Breloom.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 08-04-2020 at 12:37 AM.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:32 AM   #513
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
(Note: This storyline takes place before Keith proposed to Willa, and therefore their status in this storyline is still boyfriend and girlfriend, just to hopefully avoid any confusion.)

The type matchup was an obvious one here- Heatmor vs. Paras? The outcome should have been as easy to predict as what a Snorlax would do when presented with a box of donuts. And yet, Cy and his Paras were proving resourceful here, making use of Paras's natural affinity for powder-based moves and inflicting status conditions, and the Heatmor was paralyzed, slower than usual against a wily and wary foe who was capitalizing on any and every opportunity that presented itself. The Bond Phenomenon between Keith and Kyle, while impressive, was very quickly showing its imperfections, as Keith was proving to be just as tripped up by the paralysis as the actually paralyzed Heatmor. And to top it all off, Kyle was being subjected to Scratch after Scratch, and with Bond Phenomenon still in effect, Keith was wincing with each hit his Heatmor was taking, feeling as though the Paras's claws were swiping his own torso. He opened his mouth to give Kyle a command. Something. Anything. Not a sound escaped his lips, and a moment later, nothing was even coming to mind, attack orders or otherwise.

"Keith!?" Willa shrieked, for her boyfriend had fainted on the spot. At that same time, the swirling flames subsided from around Kyle, and the physical changes had undone themselves, the Bond Phenomenon over and done with for the time being as he, too, fainted from one critical hit too many. Fortunately, before Willa, Meowth, or Eddie could get too worked up, Keith had already started to awaken.

"...whoa... I... What just happened?" Keith murmured as Willa helped him to his feet. "Did... did we win?"

"Ehhh, not so much," Meowth said. "

"Oh, shit, yeah- Heatmor is unable to battle," Gavin hastily spoke up. "Uh, the winner is Paras, and Cy and all that shit- Keith, you OK, dude?" he called, having been caught completely off-guard by everything that had just happened.

"Gah... Yeah, I'm good, I'm good," Keith nodded. "I just... damn, what... It happened again, me and Kyle-"

"Again?" Willa inquired.

"Once, before I met you," Keith said to his girlfriend. "Kyle and I suddenly just... we were completely in sync, and, like, I could see what he saw, we moved in sync just instinctively, and if he took a hit, I'd feel it, too."

Willa nodded slowly. "That's what's known in Kalos as Bond Phenomenon," she stated. "There are tales of Pokémon achieving such high levels of synchronization with their Trainers as to unlock a strange transformation, in which Trainer and Pokémon essentially fight as one. What's strange is... I've only ever heard of Greninja undergoing such a transformation before."

"Indeed- Jake said something similar," Eddie piped up. "This is most fascinating!"

"Yeah, for sure," Keith nodded with a weak chuckle. Then, he walked out onto the battlefield, picking up his feebly stirring Heatmor. "You were great, buddy," he smiled. "I don't fully understand this Bond Phenomenon deal we just did, but I'm willing to figure it out along with you, alright?"

"Heat mor," Kyle murmured weakly, though with an agreeing nod. Then, once he was standing back up, he raised a clawed hand, and he and Keith exchanged a fistbump. Keith then withdrew his Heatmor, then nodded over at Cy. "That was a good battle, Cy," he smiled.

"Are you all right?" Willa asked Keith softly. "Do you think you ought to lie down?"

"Nah, I'm feeling better already," Keith said, with a genuine smile as he looked at Willa. "I really appreciate the concern, though," he added in a quieter tone. Then, he turned to Gavin. "So, Gav, you said you and Jake were gonna battle, right?" he added.

"Oh, shit, yeah, that's right," Gavin nodded. "If you're still up for it, of course," he added to the aspiring aura guardian. "Got a bunch of Pokémon to work with, so any number what that's good with you."

"And if this is about to happen, I wanna watch," Keith stated. "After that, we can all take our Pokémon to the Pokémon Center together."

Meanwhile, a Parasect had crawled out to where everyone was, and upon spotting Cy's Paras, uttered a horrified gasp. She zipped right over to him. "What have you done to that poor Paras?" demanded Amanita.
The rest of the battle went by in a blur, too quick for either Jake or Buizel to say a word. A Stun Spore and several Scratches later, Keith and his Heatmor had fainted, both of them doing so because of the Bond Phenomenon linking them together. Cy and Paras had won!

"An incredible battle!" Jake stood up and congratulated both sides. He and Buizel gave a friendly wave at Cy. "I don't think I introduced myself. My name is Jake, a pleasure to meet you!" the young Aura Guardian introduced himself.

Keith remarked that the Bond Phenomenon had happened with him and Kyle one time before he met Willa. The concept seemed to allow Trainer and Pokémon to work together as one, and just like Jake had thought as well, Willa also found it strange that this only happened with Greninja before.

"Of course!" Jake replied to Gavin. "I'm still up for a battle. You're from Orre, right? Double battles must be your specialty. Honestly, though, I've had enough double battles for one day," the Trainer chuckled. "I'd like a three-on-three single battle." Jake rummaged in his pocket and prepared his Pokéballs for the battle.

"Bui, Buizel," Buizel agreed. Single battles are more my thing.
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:19 PM   #514
Thunder Badge

Paras's furious onslaught finally won out, the Heatmor toppling over. Cy stood flabbergasted.

"I... won?" Then he noticed Keith had fallen as well, and rushed over to make sure he was alright. After Keith assured everyone he was fine, he withdrew his Heatmor and commented on the battle. "Yeah, it was," Cy said, "I can't believe I won. It feels like we've been battling forever!" A Trainer who had been watching stood up and introduced himself as Jake. "A pleasure to meet you, too!" Cy replied, trying to match the other Trainer's enthusiasm. Jake was going to have a battle with the Trainer who had refereed Cy and Keith's match. "I'll watch as well," Cy said. "It'll be good experience to see plenty of battles."
Paras sat triumphantly in the middle of the battlefield, bathing in the glory of its victory. It noticed as Amanita crawled up, eyeing her warily. It chittered dismissively at her question. Tch. Bug was weak. Mushroom would be dead. Mushroom took control. Mushroom survived. It tapped its own blank eye with a claw. Bug is dead. Good riddance. Bug was weak.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 08-16-2020, 02:02 PM   #515
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Gavin nodded in reponse to Jake. "Better believe double battles are my thing," he grinned. "But you bet I'll roll with a single battle, too. Don't think you could ever get away with such a request in Duel Square, though," he added. "Yo, Ed, you up to referee this thing?"

"Certainly," nodded Eddie, standing off to the side. Once the Trainers were in position, he cleared his throat and spoke up. "This will be a three-on-three single battle between Jake Celeste of Pastoria City, and Gavin Golurkson of Pyrite Town! Select your first Pokémon and let the battle begin!"

"Let's hit it!" Gavin exclaimed, throwing a Quick Ball. "Rui, shine for me!" And in a flash of light, a yellow and red Dunsparce materialized, blue stars swirling around her as she landed on the battlefield, looking ready for action.

~~~~~

Amanita gave a small, horrified gasp as Paras confirmed that it had offed its bug host early and taken control. However, this was far from the only reaction that came from the Parasect, for at that moment, something subtly shifted in the evolved Pokémon's eyes, and her demeanor changed violently and alarmingly. "YOU DID WHAT?!!?" Amanitin exclaimed- the voice was drastically different, making it rather easy to tell which personality was currently in control.

The eyes changed again, and Amanita hastily backed up. "Really, Amanitin, this is no time for-" she began before Amanitin took back control.

"THAT SON OF A BITCH! I'LL KILL IT!" snarled Amanitin, attempting to charge forward.

"You will do no such thing!" Amanita said sternly, digging her claws into the ground before Amanitin could take back control.

"YOU MOTHERFUCKING SHITSTAINED MURDERFUNGUS!" Amanitin roared. "I'MMA RIP OUT YOUR TOCHUKASO AND EAT THEM RAW! I AM-"

"Amanitin, stop this at once!" Amanita exclaimed. "I share your outrage at this, but taking things out on this mushroom will do no good!"

Amanitin took control once more, but stopped trying to kill Paras. "Gah... I just... H-how dare you...?" she panted, sounding close to tears. "That Paras had a life! Our days are... our days are numbered as it is! I mean, yeah, I'm still kicking, but I'm the exception, not the rule..."

Amanita took back over. "The one big rule we all follow," she said to Paras, speaking gently yet sternly. "We never take the lives of our hosts until evolution! It was enough of a burden on me knowing I would have to someday claim Amanitin's life, though admittedly I never could have guessed we would end up sharing control instead-"

Amanitin again. "What was his name?" she asked the Paras simply.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:35 PM   #516
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Jake made his way onto the battlefield opposite Gavin, Buizel following close behind. Things were about to get exciting! As his opponent sent out a Shiny Dunsparce, Jake took out a Cherish Ball from his pocket. Instead of sending anything out, however, he simply pointed forward with the hand holding the Cherish Ball, for it was Buizel's Pokéball.

"Buizel, it's time to battle!" the Aura Guardian exclaimed.

"Bui! Buizel!" the Water-type yipped, running onto the battlefield. Finally, he'd get to show off his battling skills!

"Ready?" Jake called. "Let's get started! Buizel, use Swift!"

Buizel nodded and gave a grunt as Normal energy swirled around his tail, forming the attack. He jumped up and swung his tail to release the energy, which manifested as glowing yellow stars.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:48 PM   #517
Thunder Badge

Cy took Paras's Pokeball off his belt and prepared to recall it when he noticed it conversing with a Parasect. Cy thought it unlikely that his Paras was making a friend, but whatever it was he figured he should let it unfold on its own. He sat to watch the upcoming battle. He let out a gasp when he saw a Shiny Dunsparce enter the battle. Jake's Buizel started attacking with Swift, and the fight began!

~~~~~

Paras leaped back when Amanitin attempted to attack, raising its claws in preparation for a fight. The Parasect wrestled with herself for a moment, then settled. Paras was given admonishment by both personalities, its response merely to blankly stare at them. Finally, the insect personality asked it the name of its host. It peered at its claw as if noticing it for the first time. Don't remember. Mushroom only knew it as weakling. Tch. Weakling and fool. Nearly killed mushroom and itself. Tch. Named something stupid. Thought it was hero. Fool. Cortinarius. That was name. Mushroom had to kill. Save own life. Both be dead if hadn't. Paras gave an angry hiss. Mushroom survived. Here now. Other mushroom no right to be angry. Survival is all that matters. Paras spluttered with some flavor of nonspecific rage, then proceeded to sit there making overheated teapot noises for several minutes.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 08-24-2020, 02:49 AM   #518
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Jake sent in his Buizel, and made the first move, calling for a Swift attack. And the move landed, the Shiny Dunsparce unable to block or evade the star-shaped rays of energy. Even if she had tried to dodge, it would've been an exercise in futility, and everyone present knew it- Swift simply did not miss. Nevertheless, she did not look deterred in the slightest by the attack she'd taken.

"Attagirl," Gavin grinned. Then, he gestured forward. "Thunder Wave!" he commanded.

"Sparce spaaaarce!" Rui responded, unleashing a relatively feeble electric jolt that would surely paralyze the Buizel on contact.

~~~~~

For a minute, there was silence in the wake of Paras's response, save for its own angry noises. After this, Amanita spoke up once more. "I suppose if it really did have to come to that, then you can't be blamed," she conceded. "I apologize for my host's outburst- as a Paras, she was only too keenly aware of the fate that await her kind, and it weighed very heavily on her. As you can imagine, learning of a Paras being taken over prematurely wouldn't sit well with her at all-"

"Don't sugarcoat it- it fucking pissed me off," interrupted Amanitin, having seized back control to correct the mushroom.

"...so you see my point," Amanita said. "I think it might be helpful if you could maybe explain a bit more about the situation, about what your host-"

"Cortinarius," Amanitin interjected bluntly.

"...about what Cortinarius was actually doing that put you at risk," continued Amanita. "Help us both to better understand."
Old 08-25-2020, 04:37 PM   #519
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

To Jake's satisfaction, Buizel's Swift connected, though the Shiny Dunsparce didn't seem too bothered by the move. Gavin commanded a Thunder Wave, which Jake was about to reply with an order of his own.

"Buizel, Water—hold on, that won't do," the Trainer corrected himself, chuckling. "Sonic Boom, quick!"

The Sea Weasel Pokémon nodded and swung his tail again—"Bui...zel!"—this time sending a white shockwave at the Dunsparce. Jake expected it to push away the Thunder Wave; whether it hit Rui or not was not important. Buizel picked up on the idea.

"And if that doesn't do it [repel the Thunder Wave], throw in an Aura Sphere," Jake added.

"Bui," the Water-type acknowledged, ready to generate an orb of aura between his hands—paws?—if it came to that.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:25 PM   #520
Thunder Badge

Cy watched the battle interestedly. "Whoa," He leaned in at Jake's latest order. "My Buizel doesn't know Aura Sphere... " He wondered what else Jake had up his sleeve.

~~~~~~

Tch. Paras replied, predictably. Ssssss... Not like talk about past. It bobbed up and down slightly. Tch. Story. Past. Tch... When mushroom young, it and bug friends. Were looking for food and saw... other bug. Bird... Attacking. Mushroom and bug argued. Danger, said mushroom. Bug didn't listen. Hero, said bug. Save them, said bug. Tch. Tch. TCH. Bug took control. Jumped in. Fought bird. Bird... too strong. Other bug... just watched. Mushroom... Couldn't do anything. Hurt. Very hurt. Mushroom knew... would die. Paras slowly rocked from side to side. Tch. Mushroom tried... Danger, said mushroom. Death, yelled mushroom. Run. I told him to run! He wouldn't listen! I screamed at him to stop, to run! He just kept saying if we ran, the bird would kill the other bug! Paras was practically screaming now, rocking back and forth and twitching gently. I said it would kill us! He wouldn't listen! HE WOULDN'T LISTEN! Paras stiffened, stopped moving entirely. It gave a half motion to turn, as if trying to get away. It shuddered and continued.Mushroom realized. Trust... Friendship... Heroes... Don't matter. Only thing that matter... Surviving. Mushroom took control. Total control. Ran away. Realized... could survive if strong. Could survive if willing to kill anything that poses danger. Mushroom was. Mushroom was strong. Killed bug. Came back... killed bird too. Mushroom strong. Paras clicked its mandibles a few times and made another motion to leave, then shook itself and stayed put. It didn't stop shaking, shivering slightly as it sat there, its mind clearly far away.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 08-25-2020, 07:18 PM   #521
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The battle got underway, with Buizel firing a Sonic Boom to try and fend off the Thunder Wave. The moves, however, just missed each other, and while this meant Rui was hit by Sonic Boom, it also meant Buizel was paralyzed from the Thunder Wave. Or he would have been, had Jake not considered this possibility and gave the order for a backup plan to be put into place. And sure enough, the Thunder Wave found itself impeded by the Aura Sphere Buizel was charging up. "Heh, good shit," grinned Gavin. "But it's not enough! Keep that Thunder Wave going, Rui!" he ordered.

"SpaaaaAAAAAARCE!" Rui screeched, pouring more power into the Thunder Wave. She and Gavin were thinking the same thing- the Aura Sphere couldn't hold out forever. It was now a question of whose move could overpower the other.

~~~~~

Amanitin and Amanita stood in silence, listening as Paras related its tale. Once friends with its bug host, but once they came across another bug under attack by a bird Pokémon of some sort, the two vehemently disagreed on what course of action should be taken. The mushroom was all for getting away. Saving themselves. The bug, however, wanted to save the other bug, and with it having control, that's what they tried. And it didn't go well. They only just barely got away, and only because the mushroom took control. And the mushroom had decided by then that friendship, trust, none of that mattered- only survival. There were a few tears in the Parasect's eyes by this point.

After a few moments, Amanitin spoke up. "...When Keith adopted me," she said, "I used to think that there was no point in trust, or friendship. In my case, I figured it was just mean to make friends with others when I figured I was doomed once I evolved, and I'd just make them sad once I left. But dude, I... like, now I got friends. Like, real friends, good friends. I get why your host tried to fight the bird, but on the other hand... you say that the..."

"...you say the other bug simply stood by and watched?" Amanita said, taking over as Amanitin seemed to struggle to find the words she wanted. "Friends are more important than you realize... but knowing who your friends really are is just as important. That other bug was no friend if all they did was simply stand there and watch as you could have died."

"...I fought a bird that was trying to kill my Trainer," Amanitin said bluntly. "I didn't die, but I was damn lucky, and I mean seriously damn lucky, you have no idea. But Amanita was agreed with me that this was the way to do, because we knew we were fighting for people and Pokémon we could really and truly call friends. Like, zero doubt. The only reason they didn't help us is because they friggin' couldn't- bunch of bad guys had them held down, trapped in place, and the second they was able to get free, they helped us, we helped them, and we all survived. If that other bug was any kind of decent, it'd have helped out in the fight."

"Survival is important," Amanita agreed. "But it's not the only important thing. I hope someday you come to realize that," she said. "And if you ever decide that friends might be worth your while after all, you can always start with us."

"Yeah, what she said," chimed in Amanitin. "Look, uh, I wanna apologize for getting all pissed at you earlier. It's a fucked up situation you had to deal with, I ain't had no idea. The, uh, the other Pokémon on my team, I'm glad to be able to call 'em friends. Me and Amanita, like, friends mean something to us. Like, if you're friends with us, and we see some big-ass bird trying to kill you, we'd jump in there and fuck that bird's shit up, y'know?"

"While I'm not fond of the crudity of Amanitin's words here, I agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly," Amanita confirmed.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 08-25-2020 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 01:54 AM   #522
Emp
Volcano Badge

Shroomish A Sight for Spore Eyes

Quote:
Psilo and Increase explored the small seaside clearing together. Splashing and drinking from the fountain. Watching as Psilo made an effort to lift Keith's truck with an impressive display of Strength (and in the process, mildly annoying the Ditto who was napping underneath said truck for reasons even he couldn't fully fathom).And finally, they sat together on the edge of the Poisonous Pier. Psilo's Trainer's boat was nearby, but no sign of him, nor of Keith- most likely the latter had invited the former inside for a bite to eat and some shelter from the less than favorable weather. Keith Masters was hospitable like that. But right now, the pair of mushrooms were more concerned with enjoying each other's company. Increase had wrapped her arms around Psilo, whose head was resting on her cap. A moment neither of them wished to end.

Psilo was broken from this romantic trance as the spots on Increase's cap lit up as the sky grew darker. He was astounded by this, asking how it was possible. Increase giggled at this reaction. "Spores from Morelull and Shiinotic flicker with light," she explained. "We can scatter them to lure prey, and they allow our caps to light up in the dark. I remember as a little Morelull seeing all the elder Shiinotic with their large caps all lit up at night, how beautiful it all was... I always wanted to be that beautiful myself."

Not long after this, the Grass/Fairy-type noticed the other mushrooms starting to congregate. "Oh- I think it's starting," she said to Psilo. "How about... we join them?" she asked Psilo, offering her hand to the Breloom.
The fungi Pokemon looked like tiny water droplets on the horizon as they swelled into a sea of ‘shrooms – it was time they beared the fruits of their labour. They had been sewing spores in the apocalyptic clearing all day and soon enough, in one concerted effort they would see out the mushroom season with a bang. Increase stretched out a spindly hand which Psilo cupped in his, pulling himself up and breaking into a romantic stroll. The night rolled over shortly thereafter, shedding no illumination on the bleak clearing other than a few choice flashes of lightning. Underfoot bioluminescent mushrooms had started to sprout in kaleidoscopic hues; many shared their colouration with Shiiontic. They followed the flickering bulbs like signal lights on an airport runway, growing in abundance as they reached the height of the commotion.

They were greeted by mushrooms of all shapes and sizes: Foongus huddled together like discarded Pokeballs, scrappy Shroomish butting heads in play-fight, Paras scuttling atop one another for a better view and Morelull bobbing like fireflies against the cloudy night. Several Breloom had formed a drum circle, beating on the heads of their Shroomish brethren while a choir of Shiiontic sang along to the rhythm in perfect harmony. The air was as filled with festivity as it was with spores, Psilo inching closer to Increase and inviting her into a dance. The music seemed to slow as they held each other in a waltz, no longer bound by nerves nor hesitation. Soon enough Psilo caught Six and Amanitin in his peripheral, reluctantly breaking from the dance to check in on his sparring partner.

“I’m glad you’re holding up alright”, Psilo started, “And you must be Amanitin, it’s great to meet you!” The four fungi caught up for some time, recalling their respective days until the ceremony reached its start. The drumming and song shifted tempo as the group gathered in a fairy ring around the epicentre of the clearing, an area cratered by a devastating shadow move long ago; with its base chock full of decomposed plant material it would be a fertile spot to spread their spores en masse. The mushroom Pokemon linked hands, Increase’s touch still enough to send tingles down Psilo’s spine, before expelling their powders sky high. The Breloom shook his club-tail to and fro like a rattle, painting the black night canvas in green-red spores. Increase added her pink spores to the mix and soon enough the sky was a dusty blend of every colour and by morning the land would be overrun with mushrooms. Psilo leant his cap against Increase’s and for that moment his heart was full – and then, something crazy happened. The couples’ spores cross-pollinated…

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 09-06-2020, 04:48 PM   #523
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
"Desperate times called for desperate measures."

Normally most pokemon who would venture near the clearing known as Sludge Wave Coast would do so either under the entourage of their master, be they good, bad or simply excessively overconfident, or under their own whims as wild pokemon. Depending on what said pokemon was, this was either curiosity or suicide, given the locale's residents, and while in normal circumstances she wouldn't mind too much, things back at their encampment at Loch Bygone had gotten tense, and her initial masquerade had reached a point that she could no longer hide the fact.

Alex hadn't come back.

At first she considered the sudden vanishing of his signal odd, but chalked it up to a sudden lack of energy in his device, or him running into a dark spot, and this wasn't of great concern to her.

This was a good couple of months ago. It was only a couple of days ago that Lapis called the group together to discuss this fact, as well as an even more inexplicable fact: he was utterly untracable. Had he died, she would have known, and likely would have headed into the spirit world to laugh at his misfortune initially before loopholing his soul out of there, given the propensity of Dusknoir. However, there was no sign of him even in there. He had simply vanished into thin air, completely outwith the scope of her vision.

Hence the reason the Dusknoir had ventured with a satchel of balls to Sludge Wave Coast: if her natural abilities and those of her allies couldn't pinpoint him, then perhaps Alex's good friend could. If anything, he at least had to know what happened, and from what she had heard down the grapevine.

Encroaching on the clearing, the Dusknoir could tell immediately at a glance that this was the place. After all, if the bustle and hustle around the very large clearing wasn't evidence enough, the traces of spiritual energy to her phantasmal eye certainly was. The ghost gave a slight flex, stretching her arms, before poking two of the balls and releasing their occupants. The first of these two was a ghost like her, though smaller in stature and with a perpetual grin on his gem-eyed face. Morgul was at least behaving, in spite of his cheeky nature, and it was blatant that the Sableye knew the importance of the situation they were in. The other pokemon out was Nuhuko, the pumpkin-tinged Lunatone hovering around and keeping an eye on things. The Meteorite pokemon too understood the gravity of things, and after a quick once-over oscillated, giving the answer to a question that didn't need asking. No, he wasn't here either, but the three of them knew this.

"I believe Keith would reside in that big mansion over there. We...should get going," she said morosely as the trio made to the Poisonous Palace, urgency affixed to their forms.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:24 PM   #524
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

(Will respond to the storyline with Emp once Increase and Psilo are actually parents)

It was a quiet day at Sludge Wave Coast. The weather wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but all the same, nobody was outdoors at the moment, nobody to greet Lapis, Morgul, or Nuhoko as they made their way, the trio set on a specific destination. That destination being, the Poisonous Palace, home to Keith Masters and Willa Carnet. And the determined way they moved, it was clear to see they were mons on a mission.

As they approached the double doors, they were saved the trouble of knocking. This, however, was not necessarily a good thing, for this was due to them being flung open by a Pawniard, floating in midair by way of her Magnet Rise move, brandishing her blades with a crazed look in her eyes. "Identify yourselves!" she demanded.

"Ginny! Cool it!" interrupted a voice that would most likely be familiar to at least maybe the Dusknoir and most certainly the orange Lunatone; Meowth came running onto the scene, trying to calm the paranoid Pawniard down. "Dese have gotta be Alex's Pokémon! I battled dat Lunatone myself, and youse knows ya saw dat match on TV!"

Ginny did not respond for a moment, her gaze momentarily fixed on Nuhoko, before she finally lowered herself to the floor, though her distrustful look did not subside. "...fine," she conceded. "But I'm watching all of you," she added ominously as she backed into the house.

Meowth gave a sigh of relief. "Sorry about dat," he said to the newcomers. "She's all about keepin' our Trainer safe and stuff. A little too into it, y'know? But anyways, I take it yer here ta see Keith?" he asked. Then, he looked around. "Is Alex here, too?" asked the Scratch Cat Pokémon. "Or... is dis about him?" he added. "Eitha way, feel free ta come in, Keith and Willa are in da livin' room," he added, gesturing inside, pointing to the first door on the right.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:34 PM   #525
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
The good news was that the trio had no need to knock at the door, for they were promptly greeted by a floating Pawniard, blades brandished with menace and fervent demeanour, demanding the group identify themselves. Nuhuko was a little hesitant, and Morgul simply tilted his head unnervingly, while Lapis stood and simply kept eye contact. Her role at camp as mediator meant she knew exactly how to deal with these sorts, what with that former Seviper being what she was, although to be fair ever since that Wigglytuff fight Visha had changed considerably. Indeed, it was as if there was the ever so faintest glimmer of light in her darkened shadowy heart, but now wasn't the time for that.

Just as quickly, another familiar voice rang out, the Dusknoir and Lunatone recognising it immediately. With Meowth's backing, Ginny backed down, though kept her ominous tone as she made it quite clear that she was watching them.

"I like her," Morgul chirped to his companions, the gremlin bemused at the no nonsense attitude, and as the feline explained the Pawniard, the larger ghost waved her hand.

"Quite alright, Meowth. When you've been around as long as I have and have to keep an eye on troublemakers as I have, you get the knack for knowing how to deal with almost any sort of confrontation," she replied curtly. When the discussion inevitably brought up Alex though, that's when her demeanour changed once more. "Yes, one could put it that way..."

That done, she turned to Nuhuko and Morgul, and nodded. "The two of you should look around, I'm almost certain we could be here a while. Before you do though..." she paused momentarily before removing two balls from the satchel and handing them to the Sableye. "I believe Napier was keen on meeting some of Keith's pokemon, and Attila too has been itching to test her mettle yet again, so I entrust the two of you to get them what they wish while we have our unscheduled appointment."

Giving a nod, the dark type plucked the two orbs and gave a giddy little grin to Nuhuko who gave the Dusknoir a gentle hum of acknowledgement before they began to wander the palace as Lapis braced herself and made towards the door Meowth pointed out, form slightly tense with nerves. This could very well end up a wild Sirfetch'd chase, but she had to at least let Alex's close friends know of his situation.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases