Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #1351
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari View Post
So, now that I've gotten free of things, here's a recap of my tournament performance.

Spoiler: show
Swiss Round (SR) 1: Win 2-0
Vs Dino-Rabbits
D1: Pulled two D-Fissures and an Eatos in the first hand. Pretty muvh says it all. Eatos and Glad. Laquari came out first turn and gave me an early lead which I rode into a quick win.
D2: Macro comes in first hand but gets MST'd while still facedown. Glads come out and begin beating down. D-Fissure comes and makes a bit a luck. He springs Mirror Force and then manages to use Rabbit and get out a Laggia. Laggia presses me for a few turns until I get an Eatos. She comes out, gets boosted with her ability and cleans up Laggia. From there I sailed into a win.

SR2: 2-1
Vs Inzektors
D1: Summon Bestiari, Macro and War Chariot. He summons Dragonfly. I activate Macro. Inzektor engine starts with a Hornet coming out and destroying Macro. Fly's second effect activates but is negated by Chariot. Fly goes away and he's left open. Draw Test Tiger. Special summon and use effect to switch Bestiari for Octavius. Octavius destroys his facedown and is joined by Equeus. They attack and the rest of the duel continues in this Glad looping fashion until I pull a win.
D2: I draw a bad first hand (only monster was Murmillo and I didn't get Macro or D-Fissure) and proceed to get ripped apart by the Inzektor Engine.
D3: Works out much like the first with Glads looping in and out. Eatos was no help due to a Test Tiger going to the grave before I could get a Fissure out.

SR3: 2-1
Vs Chain Mill (one of the more unorthadox decks in the tournament)
D1: Didn't know what I was playing against until I'd already lost ~15 cards. I try to make a comeback but I don't and end up decking out.
D2: Choose to focus my strategy on using Equeus to fetch the cards he Mills. Works out well by continually making sure I have an Equeus to summon. Overrun his LP and take the duel.
D3: Aim for the same strategy as D2 and it works semi-well until Iron Chain Dragon comes out and starts breaking things. Manage to work Murmillo out to destroy the Dragon and I finish it with Octavius.

The Elite Eight: 2-0
Vs Gustos
D1: Things start well with D-Fissure out and Tigering Murmillo into the deck for a Laquari. After a few turns, he seems to have figured my deck out and uses one of those hax Gusto traps to put Tiger in my graveyard, making Eatos a non-resource. I still manage to pull the win thanks to Laquaris.
D2: A few turns in I fall prey to the trap again, putting Tiger in the grave and voiding Eatos. A couple turns later, I find myself on the wrong end of a Synchro set up. Gulldos arrives and tries to spring its effect but is run over by a Chariot. After that it becomes a match of card recycling. In the end, the attack point advantage Glads have over the average Gusto manage to snag the win. (Was close though. I ended up with only 1900 LP at the end.)

The Final Four: 0-2
Vs Dark Worlds. This is where I met my end. Despite the glaring advantage (3 D-Fissure and 2 Macros) I fell. My opponent would go on to win the final match. He wasn't a dick though, so it was cool.
D1: Got stuck going second. He activates 2 Dark World Dealings on the first turn and I end up staring down titans right off the bat. My turn I manage to pull Eatos and get her out.... only to lose her to Raigeki Break. The trap bring out another monster and I realize I'm screwed. I throw Bestiari in defense. A two turns later I'm completely overwhelmed.
D2: I choose to go first. It doesn't help much. In only a few turns I'm getting blasted by high attack monsters and can only watch as my LP goes to zilch.

The Battle for the Bronze: Didn't happen. I was tired by this point and thought I had done well enough for myself. So, I shook her hand and politely bowed out.
(Would've been) Vs Zombie World

So yeah. Fourth place ain't bad.
Congrats on making 4th!
I take it your experience with my Gustos helped you out against them? I don't quite remember which of us beat the other in those matches before, so, to avenge Gusto's Honor, I challenge you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
kusari's deck might be the only Gladiator-Beast deck I've faced, I don't think I even recognized it as such when he dueled me earlier. Is there a reason it's rare?
It used to be incredibly popular, and just as much hated. Shifts in the game, as well as fads trending, I think have some to do with their scarcity. Only the people who like them play them now, instead of everyone using the new powerful thing.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #1352
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

They generally make a huge come back at the start of every new format. They're a potent control deck.

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Old 04-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #1353
unownmew
Banned

Do they? I wouldn't know, I don't follow the trends, I'm just repeating hearsay. ^^;

Listen to Tuner, he knows better then me.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #1354
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Well, by 'huge' I meant a week or so, before it dies down again. And to that end, the trend has faded, as there was no great rise in the archetype that I saw in march, so who knows =S

They're a damn good deck this format though, thinking about it, surprised more people don't run it

Thanks Pengy!

Old 04-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #1355
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Anyone up to test my newest abomination?
Is this challenge still active?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-16-2012, 02:42 AM   #1356
Sneaze
Mrow?

People on DN are idiots who quit if they don't get their OTK. >>;

Also I want to set up another tourney all of the sudden...

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 04-16-2012, 04:18 AM   #1357
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

What OTK are we talking about here?

Is "Dragrad" a real card? It's on DN, and I saw a picture in V-Jump, but I've seen it on fake card sites as well. I have no idea what to think.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 04-16-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #1358
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Umm...I'll be on and chewing on a bit of History for about an hour.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #1359
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Umm...I'll be on and chewing on a bit of History for about an hour.
Cowboy up!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #1360
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

I can do a second tourney if we're all down, might even play in this one, probably a fun deck

Lemme know if you all are down for another go, and I'll either make a new thread, or post again in the first one

Edit:

Maybe we could have some fun with it and do character decks in a round robin setting? I could put together some decks based off yugi, jaden, yusei, yuma, kaiba, joey, pegasus, chazz, crow, shark, and more characters if you guys wanted =0 Lemme know

Thanks Pengy!

Last edited by Tuner89; 04-17-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:06 AM   #1361
pengyzu
heiir of liife

Send a message via Skype™ to pengyzu
So like... hey guys! I decided I wanted to try this! Tuner helped me get started and learn the basics and stuff. So currently using a Dino Rabbit deck... Umm... so our first match, he played along so I can get how to play and how to use my deck properly. Second... well my Flash crashed.

Of course my name would be Pengyzu.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:19 AM   #1362
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
>Maybe we could have some fun with it and do character decks in a round robin setting? I could put together some decks based off yugi, jaden, yusei, yuma, kaiba, joey, pegasus, chazz, crow, shark, and more characters if you guys wanted =0 Lemme know

I'd back this. Though I'd be putting dibs on Kaito/Kite and his Photons or (if DN has all of them by then) IV and his Gimmick Puppets.

Last edited by kusari; 04-17-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #1363
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengyzu View Post
So like... hey guys! I decided I wanted to try this! Tuner helped me get started and learn the basics and stuff. So currently using a Dino Rabbit deck... Umm... so our first match, he played along so I can get how to play and how to use my deck properly. Second... well my Flash crashed.

Of course my name would be Pengyzu.
I learned yesterday that you can have "friends" on DN!

But the weird thing is it froze yesterday and so everything kind of went weird for a while there. Sorry Dopple...
Old 04-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #1364
unownmew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner89 View Post
I can do a second tourney if we're all down, might even play in this one, probably a fun deck

Lemme know if you all are down for another go, and I'll either make a new thread, or post again in the first one

Edit:

Maybe we could have some fun with it and do character decks in a round robin setting? I could put together some decks based off yugi, jaden, yusei, yuma, kaiba, joey, pegasus, chazz, crow, shark, and more characters if you guys wanted =0 Lemme know
I'm up for a second tourney, and character decks. If we're doing character decks, I call dibs on Izayoi Aki's plants and her BRD.

One question though, what would the rules be? How many tech cards would we be allowed to use to supplement a lacking decklist?
Ok, I guess that's two questions..
Old 04-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #1365
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew View Post
I'm up for a second tourney, and character decks. If we're doing character decks, I call dibs on Izayoi Aki's plants and her BRD.

One question though, what would the rules be? How many tech cards would we be allowed to use to supplement a lacking decklist?
Ok, I guess that's two questions..
I'd venture to guess we could add more copies of cards to fill space since most characters don't have multiple copies of the same card. If there's still room after that I'd say Staples, just to try to keep the decks as close as possible.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #1366
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I never played in the first tournament, so I'll opt for the second.

Anyone up for a duel right now?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #1367
phoopes
Double Dragon

Sure, I guess so.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #1368
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

I want to do Weevil's deck!

Also, nobody should be allowed to use a main hero's/villain's deck because overpowered in comparison to all the other players.

EDIT: Ummm dueling wiki is a little ambiguous on the topic but I think this is okay. Their decks change over the course of the anime, you see. But Weevil's is pretty easy so I should be fine.

Last edited by Shuckle; 04-17-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #1369
phoopes
Double Dragon

Beat Dopple in 2 games with the Dark World deck.

Game 1: Dopple really had me on the ropes here. He had BLS and Stardust Dragon on the field at the same time, and I had nothing. Not to mention that I was down to 500 Life Points. Luckily, I was able to pull off a cool combo with Fabled Raven that allowed me to get rid of BLS and finish him off the next turn.

Game 2: Won this one pretty easily, pulling off the clean sweep 8000-0. Would've pulled off a OTK, but Dimensional Prison delayed the victory one turn.

GG's Dopple.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #1370
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

I was thinking preconstructed decks to fit what they actually ran, otherwise Kaiba, Jaden, Yusei, and Crow would win and every one else would get pooped on, lol

Thanks Pengy!

Old 04-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #1371
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
I was thinking preconstructed decks to fit what they actually ran, otherwise Kaiba, Jaden, Yusei, and Crow would win and every one else would get pooped on, lol
Side characters only :P This means Tea, Mai Valentine, Rex/Weevil - everyone who consistently loses and never poses a threat. Or you could go for someone can have Yugi's deck and surprise surprise he wins every time ^_^;;
Old 04-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #1372
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
The wiki has a deck list for each character on his/her page. That's what I've been using to make character decks.

Also, with Kaito's deck being a bit shit I'm changing my dibs to Zane. lolololololol.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #1373
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Well, not exactly. The wiki has a list of cards seen in each character's deck, which is a good base, but not exactly representative of their decklists.

Thanks Pengy!

Old 04-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #1374
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
Well, not exactly. The wiki has a list of cards seen in each character's deck, which is a good base, but not exactly representative of their decklists.

Also, I continue to find an issue that could plague this tournament: Certain decks only work with anime exclusive cards.

Last edited by kusari; 04-17-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #1375
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari View Post

Also, I continue to find an issue that could plague this tournament: Certain decks only work with anime exclusive cards.
Apparently my deck has a card that says if you lose, your soul is forfeit to me D:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment