UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 03-21-2017, 11:28 PM   #76
Miror
Marsh Badge

Just got Afterbirth+ for the Switch yesterday, nothing different ingame from the PC version (other than lack of mod support obviously), but the instruction booklet and the stickers that come in the box are pretty fantastic.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:39 AM   #77
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Emilia - Today at 12:25 AM
good news
no sacrifice room
okay yeah i ran out of seams
fuck
317th
its not bad
i know i missed a couple of second secret rooms and i wonder if that fucked me
okay yep it did
i missed an ehwaz rune(edited)
oh well, i made a good effort
oh you know what
i made two mistakes
first was using a jera rune badly
second was taking cambion conception
if i had a red heart i could have plyed the iv bag a lot more
like if i had used the jera rune and had a red heart the D20 would have rolled me an ehwaz rune
I knew the theory but fucked up execution
it happens though, and I don't think many people are good enough at it that I'll lose places
at least not a significant amount of places
Dailies are like 50% of the reason I got Afterbirth+ and as a bonus I can appear reasonably intelligent about the game while talking about them. Play today's daily if you can, its a super stacked Azazel daily.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:24 PM   #78
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

emi you're turning into northernlion

Also hey, our first booster pack is out! Three new cards! Three trinkets! NINE items! Are they all just automatically in the game or do they need to be unlocked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:32 PM   #79
Miror
Marsh Badge

They're all automatically in the game by the looks of it, here's the list of the booster pack additions for those interested.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:40 PM   #80
Emi

Quote:
emi you're turning into northernlion

Also hey, our first booster pack is out! Three new cards! Three trinkets! NINE items! Are they all just automatically in the game or do they need to be unlocked?
I just want to beat Corey

In fairness dailies are pretty fun and I like the competitive aspect of it.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:53 PM   #81
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Also Crooked Penny has been nerfed because fuck you, no more free shit you COMMIE
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 03-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #82
Emi

In fairness doubling item pedestals was such a hilariously safe play that it pretty much was the only thing you used the Crooked Penny for.

But yeah, fuck that man.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:06 PM   #83
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

eyyyy finally a successful Greedier mode run. All hail the D100 kids.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 04-01-2017, 08:17 AM   #84
Emi

Did you roll until Tech X?

Also its amazing how losing the Wooden Nickel makes the Keeper approximately 4000x worse.

Also play today's daily its the most stacked daily ever.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:17 PM   #85
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

... yes
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 04-02-2017, 09:28 PM   #86
Emi

Had a successful Greed mode run with the Blue Baby. First run with the coveted Sack of Sacks and because it provided me with Jera runes and Heirophant cards I was easily able to stack up an enormous amount of resources. Add to that a Huge Growth card while turned me into a killing machine, Blank Card + Tarot Cloth + Car Battery for quadruple card output all the time, and Starter Deck, and Nun's Habit and I was an unkillable monster with 30 damage lasers shooting at 45 degre-

oh right I also picked up the Wiz in a Curse of the Blind. Fuck you game, I still won anyways. It's actually a shame this wasn't a Greedier mode run because it was impossible for me to lose.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:19 AM   #87
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I just beat it with Blue Baby as well. I kept having trouble with it until I got D4. I kept picking stuff like HP upgrades and junk items, then I re-rolled until I got Technology and Ludovico Technique. After that I just chilled out in a corner while everything died. It's unfortunate that it was one of my first times using Ludovico Technique, because it's pretty neat.

Now to just beat it with The Lost...fuck me.

Also I think the game has it to where if you pick up credit card, shops turn into Greed, and Devil Deals turn into red chests (filled with spiders and troll bombs). Horray!
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:21 PM   #88
Emi

Ludivico Technique is weird. Sometimes its bad (its really bad at the start of the game), sometimes its good, sometimes its amazing (Brimstone), sometimes its awful (Mom's Knife), sometimes you have a 110 damage remote controlled nail and you're a god.

Spoiler: show

Don't lose your head
Old 04-08-2017, 06:33 PM   #89
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I just legitimately can't play with that (or targeted). For some reason I just can't at all.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #90
Emi

Oh neither can I (things that are worse: the boss rush had Isaac's Heart) but its easier with Lillith because your only damage source being Incubus means you move strangely anyways.

EDIT: unless you mean ludivico, then yeah its tough to use effectively
Old 04-23-2017, 07:56 PM   #91
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Huzzah! I have finally unlocked Godhead! While the RNGod often screws me, it saved me on the Mega Satan Lost run. On the Hush one, I was actually kind of proud of myself.

On the Mega Satan run, I started with the intent on fighting Mega Satan. Sadly, the first devil deal had Dead Cat and Guppy's Head. I couldn't not take Dead Cat on a Lost run, so I just took the Devil Deals. Two floors later, I got Dad's Key. I started with some decent damage, but it never improved after I got a Nail and Champion Belt on the second floor. I did get some good tears upgrades, Incubus, and Hive Mind. That wasn't enough to do much. Mom took a while to kill, and I just decided to skip rooms in the womb. After finally trucking through to Mom's Heart, I got saved with Guppy's Collar in the final Devil Deal. DPS went from barely good enough to awesome.

On the Hush run, I managed to beat it fairly without getting hit. No Gnawed Leaf shenanigans either. I was alot more powerful than I was on the Mega Satan run, but it still takes a while to kill. I used to think of the Hush as unbeatable without alot of HP, but realizing that you can stay still to avoid damage from the Continuum Shots makes it much easier.

With Greed Mode, I just cheated with D20.

I'm not sure if I'll pick up the Switch version of this game or not. I don't want to do all of these unlocks again, but I would also like to play Afterbirth+. If I don't hear anything about Afterbirth+ on PS4 by the end of May, I probably will pick it up.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:47 PM   #92
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Sooooo how about those really bullshit achievements?

Zip and It's The Key! Those sure are fun and not at all a pain in the ass!

I did them on the same run by accident, played as The Lost on Normal (no need to worry about health pickups, plus flight), held R for a good start and then got Epic Fetus somewhere down the line.

Ultra Hard still eludes me.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 05-18-2017, 01:43 AM   #93
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

1 like = 1 prayer
Old 06-01-2017, 12:09 PM   #94
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I finally managed to beat a non-Greed Mode run with the fucking Keeper. No matter how well I did, one room would always screw me. In the end, the run I won simply had a couple of damage upgrades and few good tears upgrades. It's funny how much easier the keeper is with some tears upgrades. I also stupidly picked up fire mind. Thankfully it only hit me once.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:43 PM   #95
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Still can't beat Mega Satan with Apollyon. And by beat I mean get anywhere near. I have everything else cleared (except Greedier) but I keep getting shit rng and and just shit everything. I hate Apollyon so much.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:12 AM   #96
Emi

Void is great, its not good enough to justify a 2 HP Isaac.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:44 PM   #97
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I always figured Apollyon would be fun to play as. The Void lets runs that like to spam you with shit active items actually go somewhere. Sure, having The Void do Monster Manual, Anarchist Cookbook, Bob's Rotten Head, Telekinesis for Dummies, Butterbean, and Mom's Bottle of Pills all at once still isn't very good, but it's better than the usual where I pray for the NO! trinket to spare me of that hell. I haven't played as him, so there might be bits that I don't know about.

The Keeper would be fun if it wasn't for all of those situations that guarantee damage unless you were overpowered or have lizard fingers. Even with swallowed penny, I can't do much about four Gurdy Jr's rushing me. I like how he can do self sacrifice rooms pretty reliably. I get good items from them often enough.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:55 AM   #98
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
Still can't beat Mega Satan with Apollyon. And by beat I mean get anywhere near. I have everything else cleared (except Greedier) but I keep getting shit rng and and just shit everything. I hate Apollyon so much.
I think I've done everything with Apollyon except Greedier as well (frankly I've only even attempted Greedier once with my boy Azazel and then gave up.). I rather like him, I just make sure not to absorb anything that may fuck me over in the end. I totally had a run once where I absorbed teleport and void was pretty much unusable after that.

I have not even touched the Lost. He sits there mocking me. I'm just not good enough. I need to pussy up and git gud, I know. I don't deal with anger at games well, and Isaac is one of the few games that makes me legitimately angry.

I think other then the Lost it's just most stuff with the Keeper, Mega Satan with Laz and Eden, and Greedier with everyone.

Last edited by Naru; 06-06-2017 at 01:07 AM.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:16 PM   #99
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

The Speed challenge is a fucking asshole. All of the other challenges took two tries at the most, but this one took me half of a day of retrying. I had two Pyromaniac runs that got me to Mom's Heart, but with Bob's Brain carrying me in one, and Mr. Boom carrying me in another with no damage upgrades, there's no way I could make it in the time limit. I was bombing myself to try to heal the timed damage. I had a Polyphemus run that carried me up through the womb 2 with 5 minutes left, but tiny Fistula room prematurely ended that. It took Epic Fetus and Book of Secrets on the first floor to finally get me out of that hell.

I have seen how bullshit The Guardian can be with guaranteed damage from Mom, but I was lucky enough to get The Bible right before fighting her, and cleared it in the first go. I never thought I would consider myself lucky to get the Bible.

I thought about getting the Switch version so I could play Afterbirth +, but I don't want to go through that again. It will be worse when I end up having to do the Ultra Hard challenge on top of that.

I have a suggestion for a new transformation. If you pick up 3 bean items, you get a transformation called "F*ck you!". It turns Isaac into a hand sticking up its middle finger at you. Isaac's tears turn into wiffle balls, shoot out his backside, and do 1 damage.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:29 PM   #100
Emi

>not good enough with Lost

Lost > Apollyon tho

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games