Old 05-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #9101
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Raising my bid to $100
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:29 PM   #9102
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

$100 + Heart Scale + 3 Mysterious Gummis + Lure Ball + Bunny Suit.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #9103
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

$120 + bunny suit + 5 candies

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga

Last edited by kawaiiconcept; 05-12-2017 at 05:52 PM.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:26 PM   #9104
Snorby
Snackin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
So I have a few mon that I don’t really need and will drop off into the AC if I can’t find a new owner. The price for all of them will be $10 each, instead of the $30. Instead, bidding will be done based on a biased, qualitative basis I’ve used before: write a personality and/or background. If you want the Pokémon, you'll have a plan to use it somehow. The person with the most interesting or well-thought-out character description gets the Pokémon in case there’s more than one person interested.

The other Pokémon I own have very little declared and don’t come with any extras.
Lv.1 Male Woobat
Lv.1 Female Sentret
Lv.1 Female Bagon
So $10 each and a character description. I will most likely not be able to finalise this until the weekend mind you.
Definitely interested in the Bagon- I was considering grabbing one out of the AC, actually!

Now, I should say that this character description is tentative; Grant as a character is not fully fleshed out yet, so I may need to make tweaks to the Bagon's backstory as needed to ensure her meeting with Grant makes sense. I'm pretty sure it'll stay mostly as is, though.

Victoria: Lv.1 Female Bagon
Spoiler: show

Personality: Despite her naturally intimidating species, Victoria isn't very ferocious; rather, she's excitable, energetic, and constantly upbeat. She's also very affectionate, be she shows her affection... violently, be it with flaming embers or painful headbutts. She's fiercely protective of things and people she cares about though, quickly resorting to violence if she feels as though she or something she cares about is being threatened. Grant's been trying to cool off her hotheaded, fiery demeanor for ages, but she won't have any of it. Nonetheless, she's completely devoted to Grant. More so, perhaps, than all the rest of Grant's Pokemon bar Jupiter. Victoria is a fierce competitor, and will scarcely flinch from any challenge, no matter how much the deck is stacked against her.

Biography: The first time Grant tried to escape his life in Sinnoh was the least exciting; he simply went to stay with his Uncle, Professor Cozmo, in Fallarbor Town. Cozmo, whom Grant had grown quite attached to, tended to take Grant and Jupiter out to Meteor Falls so they could explore while he worked. The pair loved this, and would spend their day climbing rocky outcroppings, searching for Moon Stones, and trying to find Wild Pokemon to battle. On one such occasion, Jupiter spotted a Moon Stone up on the side of the waterfall, but as a Rotom, he couldn't get dislodge it himself. The ever-confident Grant was quick to try and scale the waterfall- which he did with surprising success!

Unfortunately, he wasn't able to maintain his precarious perch. While he did successfully pull out the moon stone, he lost his balanced and crashed down into the falls below. Scarcely able to keep his head above water, Grant blacked out. When he awoke, he was on the shore of a small cave in the falls, with a concerned Jupiter floating about him. He felt a severe pain almost instantly upon waking up, and looked over to see his left arm badly broken. Cursing his luck, Grant struggled to his feet, and began to look around the cave. Shortly thereafter, he stumbled upon something of an ongoing quarrel; a Bagon was standing protectively in front of a Moon Stone (separate from the one that had gotten Grant into this whole mess), while a Clefairy waved its arms in furious urgency.

Afraid the pair would come to blows, Grant stepped between them, and the Clefairy immediately hid behind a rock out of fear. Assuming Grant also wanted to steal her precious stone, the Bagon charged him, sending him crashing to the floor. Grant screamed out in pain as he fell on his bad arm, and Jupiter chirped angrily at Bagon. The young Dragon-type now understood the gravity of the situation and the went to the Clefairy, begging him to heal Grant in exchange for the Moon Stone. The Clefairy agreed, and used Wish to heal Grant's arm. Morosely, Bagon handed over the Moon Stone in exchange and apologized to Grant. The Clefairy, now able to evolve into Clefable, chirped happily.

Once Jupiter informed Grant of what had happened, the young boy thanked both Clefable and Bagon. Out of gratitude, he gave Bagon the Moon Stone he had broken his arm getting. The Bagon's eyes began to well up; she was thoroughly touched by the gesture. She charged toward Grant once again, but this time, there was no malice in her gaze. She leapt up, grabbing Grant's bag off his shoulder with her teeth, allowing the contents to spill out. Upon seeing a Pokeball, she eagerly headbutted it, and before Grant knew it, the little Bagon had caught herself!

Grant released her from her Poke Ball, and asked her if she was certain she wanted to travel with him and Jupiter. She nodded vigorously. Satisfied and delighted, Grant returned both Jupiter and Bagon to their Poke Balls and asked Clefable to fly him back to his Uncle. Eventually, Bagon had proved herself to be unrelenting optimistic and confident. She never backed down from a challenge, was intensely competitive, and, of course, from a species renowned for its battling prowess. With all these factors in mind, Grant thought it only fitting to name her Victoria, after the Roman Goddess of Victory.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:36 AM   #9105
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Time to finish the trades I started. Sorry it took so long but I've made up my mind on the winners.

The Purrloin, Meowth, Skitty and Glameow go to Rotom for $40 total:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
So, to preface, the way I'm picturing these four is that they were the pet Pokemon of their trainer's family - not the Drew who I'm currently using, but a different character I have that is honestly perfect for this. The trainer is, to summarize, a professional musician/composer bored with the constant gigs and routine of it all, and so when he discovers that the cats his family have had for years have managed to pick up on several instruments and jazz music in general he suddenly has a brand new muse. Basically, he wants to help them form their own jazz combo to start, and maybe if he finds more Pokemon interested an entire big band formed around these felines.

As a side note, this is really awesome cause this was basically my plan for my squad before I knew the starter restrictions were lessened and changed ideas. Plus all the cats are based on cats my extended family have had and I'm just really psyched in general.

So, the individuals:

>Purrloin
Lexi, the bassist
Lexi would be the de facto leader of the group - the brains of the operation, if you will. Outside of their trainer, she's the one calling the shots and making sure the rest both do their things and are in a position to be able to do their things. If she has to be cold sometimes to do that? Fine, she knows someone has to do it and it might as well be her. As for herself, she would have very fickle taste. She'd be a very finicky eater and often change her opinions on things not involving music. Instrumentation-wise, the bass would be perfect for her both from a standpoint in that Purrloin are often depicted standing upright and from a standpoint of the bass being the true backbone of the group. A lot of people think that is the drummer - and as a drummer myself, they aren't completely wrong - but equally important is the bass, because they have nearly the same control over the tempo but also are the bridge that holds the rhythm section/drums and rest of the group together. ...And that's my music aside for the day I guess.

>Skitty
Maggie, the pianist
Maggie would be the ditz of the group (fitting albeit yeah, a little stereotypical for a Skitty). That is not to say, of course, that she is an idiot. She is much smarter than she lets on and that other's believe her to be. She just doesn't have a large amount of common sense. Like, in terms of book smart vs. street smart, Maggie is fairly book smart but very much not street smart. She'd be a bit gullible, then, but would also hold grudges against those who've fooled her before and be very unforgiving about second chances. Interpersonally, I imagine her having a strong sister vibe with Lexi (ironically considering their real life counterparts absolutely hate each other). For instrument, I eventually decided on pianist mostly because that was the easiest for a Skitty's small little paws to do.

>Glameow
Jasmine, the trombone
Jasmine would be the youngest of the group. She is at times both the most innocent and most devious, hiding a puckish personality behind shyness and sunshine. The shyness and sunshine wouldn't necessarily be an act, but definitely overemphasized to hide the deadpan snarker that is Jasmine. She ended up trombone mostly because I have other plans for drums and this was the last core instrument left (not including sax, which imo is hard enough with thumbs :P)

>Meowth
Caty, the trumpet
Rounding up the quartet, Caty would be the extroverted trumpet player. A bit brash and unintentionally mean at times, Caty would like to play tricks on the others and their trainer with her sometimes ally Jasmine. She'd have the quickest temper of the group, but unlike, say, Maggie, Caty's would mostly blow over as quick as it started. Instrument-wise, she both initially fit the trumpeter stereotypes and ended up adopting others. She is also much nicer than the real life version, who was the meanest thing in life.

With no competition on this, Snorby gets the Bagon for $10:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorby View Post
Definitely interested in the Bagon- I was considering grabbing one out of the AC, actually!

Now, I should say that this character description is tentative; Grant as a character is not fully fleshed out yet, so I may need to make tweaks to the Bagon's backstory as needed to ensure her meeting with Grant makes sense. I'm pretty sure it'll stay mostly as is, though.

Victoria: Lv.1 Female Bagon

Personality: Despite her naturally intimidating species, Victoria isn't very ferocious; rather, she's excitable, energetic, and constantly upbeat. She's also very affectionate, be she shows her affection... violently, be it with flaming embers or painful headbutts. She's fiercely protective of things and people she cares about though, quickly resorting to violence if she feels as though she or something she cares about is being threatened. Grant's been trying to cool off her hotheaded, fiery demeanor for ages, but she won't have any of it. Nonetheless, she's completely devoted to Grant. More so, perhaps, than all the rest of Grant's Pokemon bar Jupiter. Victoria is a fierce competitor, and will scarcely flinch from any challenge, no matter how much the deck is stacked against her.

Biography: The first time Grant tried to escape his life in Sinnoh was the least exciting; he simply went to stay with his Uncle, Professor Cozmo, in Fallarbor Town. Cozmo, whom Grant had grown quite attached to, tended to take Grant and Jupiter out to Meteor Falls so they could explore while he worked. The pair loved this, and would spend their day climbing rocky outcroppings, searching for Moon Stones, and trying to find Wild Pokemon to battle. On one such occasion, Jupiter spotted a Moon Stone up on the side of the waterfall, but as a Rotom, he couldn't get dislodge it himself. The ever-confident Grant was quick to try and scale the waterfall- which he did with surprising success!

Unfortunately, he wasn't able to maintain his precarious perch. While he did successfully pull out the moon stone, he lost his balanced and crashed down into the falls below. Scarcely able to keep his head above water, Grant blacked out. When he awoke, he was on the shore of a small cave in the falls, with a concerned Jupiter floating about him. He felt a severe pain almost instantly upon waking up, and looked over to see his left arm badly broken. Cursing his luck, Grant struggled to his feet, and began to look around the cave. Shortly thereafter, he stumbled upon something of an ongoing quarrel; a Bagon was standing protectively in front of a Moon Stone (separate from the one that had gotten Grant into this whole mess), while a Clefairy waved its arms in furious urgency.

Afraid the pair would come to blows, Grant stepped between them, and the Clefairy immediately hid behind a rock out of fear. Assuming Grant also wanted to steal her precious stone, the Bagon charged him, sending him crashing to the floor. Grant screamed out in pain as he fell on his bad arm, and Jupiter chirped angrily at Bagon. The young Dragon-type now understood the gravity of the situation and the went to the Clefairy, begging him to heal Grant in exchange for the Moon Stone. The Clefairy agreed, and used Wish to heal Grant's arm. Morosely, Bagon handed over the Moon Stone in exchange and apologized to Grant. The Clefairy, now able to evolve into Clefable, chirped happily.

Once Jupiter informed Grant of what had happened, the young boy thanked both Clefable and Bagon. Out of gratitude, he gave Bagon the Moon Stone he had broken his arm getting. The Bagon's eyes began to well up; she was thoroughly touched by the gesture. She charged toward Grant once again, but this time, there was no malice in her gaze. She leapt up, grabbing Grant's bag off his shoulder with her teeth, allowing the contents to spill out. Upon seeing a Pokeball, she eagerly headbutted it, and before Grant knew it, the little Bagon had caught herself!

Grant released her from her Poke Ball, and asked her if she was certain she wanted to travel with him and Jupiter. She nodded vigorously. Satisfied and delighted, Grant returned both Jupiter and Bagon to their Poke Balls and asked Clefable to fly him back to his Uncle. Eventually, Bagon had proved herself to be unrelenting optimistic and confident. She never backed down from a challenge, was intensely competitive, and, of course, from a species renowned for its battling prowess. With all these factors in mind, Grant thought it only fitting to name her Victoria, after the Roman Goddess of Victory.

The opening post for the Trade is linked in this sentence.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:10 AM   #9106
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
So I have a few mon that I don’t really need and will drop off into the AC if I can’t find a new owner. The price for all of them will be $10 each, instead of the $30. Instead, bidding will be done based on a biased, qualitative basis I’ve used before: write a personality and/or background. If you want the Pokémon, you'll have a plan to use it somehow. The person with the most interesting or well-thought-out character description gets the Pokémon in case there’s more than one person interested.

The other Pokémon I own have very little declared and don’t come with any extras.
Lv.1 Male Woobat
Lv.1 Female Sentret
Lv.1 Female Bagon
So $10 each and a character description. I will most likely not be able to finalise this until the weekend mind you.
Khutulun (lvl 1 Female Sentret)

Personality: Just like her namesake, Khutulun is both cunning and athletic. While she is still finding her strength, she is eager to help out where she can, be that scouting ahead for danger or assisting her allies when they find themselves in a tough spot. When not in the field, Khutulun is quite affectionate, always snuggling up against myself or other Pokemon. However her mood can turn playful in an instant and she will attempt to wrestle others into submission, no matter how tough they are.

Role: Scout/Auxiliary

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #9107
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

for EAI's woobat:
name: newt
bio: Much like his namesake Newt is fascinated by other pokemon. He acts like a human in this regard and sometimes is surprised when he us trated as a pokemon. For this reason he detests being in pokeballs. Newt enjoys going on exotic adventures and battaling strange beasts.

Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #9108
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
TKF gets the Sentret
kawaii gets the Woobat

Link to the trade is here.

And that's all my mon folks.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:18 PM   #9109
EpicSquirtle

Would anyone be interested in a lv 1 female Passimian? Preferably for an Alolan Pokémon, but I'll accept Poke Dollars as well.

I also have a Fightinium Z for trade in exchange for another Z crystal.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:30 PM   #9110
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Anyone have a His Heart Pendant they'd trade for 1 Rare Candy?

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-18-2017, 10:38 PM   #9111
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

I do

Hater of loss meme
Old 05-18-2017, 11:58 PM   #9112
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

If you want, you can start the trade, Kawaii.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:45 AM   #9113
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
$120 + bunny suit + 5 candies
Right, confirming the Oricorio to Kawaii. Just left it a week to give everyone a chance. I'm not accepting any bunny suits though, I'd feel bad nicking an event item when I don't use my own. So, $120 and 5 candies for the Oricorio. I'll wait for you to withdraw the money and start the trade.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:35 AM   #9114
EpicSquirtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSquirtle View Post
Would anyone be interested in a lv 1 female Passimian? Preferably for an Alolan Pokémon, but I'll accept Poke Dollars as well.

I also have a Fightinium Z for trade in exchange for another Z crystal.
Just a reminder that both of these are still up for trade.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #9115
EpicSquirtle

Quote:
Last chance on this. If I don't get an offer within 24 hours, she'll be going up for adoption.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:38 PM   #9116
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Last chance on this. If I don't get an offer within 24 hours, she'll be going up for adoption.
How many Pokedollars are we talking?

Old 05-24-2017, 09:46 PM   #9117
EpicSquirtle

I'm not entirely sure. Whatever you think is fair should be fine.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:53 PM   #9118
Rotom310
Boulder Badge

I'll offer $20 for her.

Edit: Got distracted and didn't refresh before posting :P

If you want her TKF I'll bow out.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:02 PM   #9119
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

The adoption price would be $30, but I currently think that is jack all lol. So I will be generous and offer you $150 for her, that way you can purchase a nice new MT or EM for one of your other Pokemon

Old 05-24-2017, 10:31 PM   #9120
EpicSquirtle

Alright. I'll start the trade once I get home.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #9121
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Been a while since I came here!

Ok, so I've JUST learned that from the time I left, I missed out on some awesome Pokéballs. Since Pokéball-collecting is my thing, I'll be in the market to get my hands on one of each of them. In more detail, here's the Pokéballs I think I missed out:
  • 2016 New Year Ball (?)
  • 2017 New Year Ball
  • CyberBalls: Turquoise, Violet, Magenta, and Orange

I'll trade the max 5 candies for each Pokéball, and if you don't find it fair enough, I can throw in some Pokédollars too.

Thanks in advance!

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #9122
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I think the whole "collect all the ghost types" trope is something I can no longer maintain - in the past, I'd snatch up any ghost type I could get, but a number of them went undeveloped, and I think that may continue if I don't lighten the load. For that reason, I would like to put my Lv.1 Male Yamask and Lv.1 Male Misdreavus up for trade.

Last edited by Marion Ette; 06-11-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:48 AM   #9123
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Hmm, the Misdreavus does seem rather tempting, I think I can work with this...I'll make an initial offer of $400.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:58 AM   #9124
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

$500 for yamask

Hater of loss meme
Old 06-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #9125
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

$700 for the Misdreavus?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out