UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 12-10-2017, 03:37 PM   #26
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I like the Z-Move poses, personally. Even if we could turn them off, I don't think I would.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:31 PM   #27
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
10.000.000 volt thunderbolt's dance is the best one and if you believe otherwise you are wrong, weak, and will not survive the winter
I agree. When I posted that I was thinking of this.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:30 PM   #28
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
10.000.000 volt thunderbolt's dance is the best one and if you believe otherwise you are wrong, weak, and will not survive the winter
you and Pikachu literally hit the whip. what's not to love?
Old 12-12-2017, 04:55 PM   #29
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
you and Pikachu literally hit the whip. what's not to love?
The fact it's a bloody Pikachu instead of an actually useful or likeable Pokemon.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:20 PM   #30
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
Appreciated the difficulty spike, that being said only lost/had to restart versus Necrozoma, and
Spoiler: show
Giovanni (Fuck Mega Mewtwo)

but finished everything story wise, that being said this is what i finished w.

Salazzle @ Scope Lens Lv.75
Timid
Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Dragon Pulse

Hawlucha Lv. 76

Swords Dance
High Jump Kick
Acrobatics
Stone Edge

Trevenant @ Shell Bell Lv.78
Calm

Leech Seed
Will o' Wisp
Horn Leech
Shadow Claw

* yeah awful moveset but no special STAB TMs + an attack stat still 40 points higher than the sp.atk does that lmao

Metagross @ SteeliumZ Lv.71
Adamant

Meteor Mash
Hammer Arm
Zen Headbutt
Rock Slide

Vikavolt Lv.76
Lonely

Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Bug Buzz
Thunderbolt

Primarina @ PrimarinaZ Lv.76

Sparkiling Aria
Ice Beam
Hyper Voice
Moonblast

currently breeding new things/prepping to transfer ones from Sun, that being said- gonna do E4 R2, just making a new team for it lol.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:35 PM   #31
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Well, I finished the game now as well, including the post-game.

Final Team of 6:
Decidueye@Decidium-Z, male, Lv.73 (Pokéball)
Jolly
Overgrow
-Confuse Ray
-Spirit Shackle
-Leaf Blade
-Brave Bird

Incineroar@Incinium-Z, male, Lv.73 (Pokéball)
Adamant
Blaze
-Flare Blitz
-Darkest Lariat
-Brick Break
-Thunder Punch

Primarina@Primarinium-Z, female, Lv.73 (Pokéball)
Modest
Torrent
-Ice Beam
-Sparkling Aria
-Moonblast
-Psychic

Vikavolt@Electrium-Z, female, Lv.73 (Net Ball)
Modest
Levitate
-Thunderbolt
-Bug Buzz
-Flash Cannon
-Electroweb

Mudsdale@Groundium-Z, male, Lv.74 (Repeat Ball)
Adamant
Stamina
-Earthquake
-Heavy Slam
-Close Combat
-Rock Slide

Kommo-o@Kommonium-Z, female, Lv.74 (Luxury Ball)
Modest
Soundproof
-Clanging Scales
-Focus Blast
-Flash Cannon
-Protect

Ending/Story Spoilers/Bragging Rights:
So I don't know how everyone else felt, but I was expecting a bit..more. Incineroar handled Molayne. Primarina handled Olivia. Decidueye handled Acerola. Vikavolt/Mudsdale (can't remember which) handled Kahili. This left Kommo-o as back-up for everything. Then healed my mon before facing the Champion (using only items I received through the playthrough, not ones I bought) and then used exactly 1 mon against 1 mon each time so that they'd all be involved.
Why, for some reason, are my Pokémon at a higher level than any of the Elite four and Champion? I thought it was always the other way around and you had to face opponents who were 5-10 levels higher than you.
Also; love the switcheroo they did at the end on who the Champion was. Kind of a throwback to the original games except now you were in the shoes of Blue/Gary who has to defend himself against the rival/protagonist who came in just after him.

Team RR: Kommo-o pretty much handled every one of the ace Pokémon with ease, the only exception being Lysandre's, who Primarina handled, and Giovanni's, who Incineroar handled. And the only knock-out I received from Giovanni was on Primarina - and that one was simply because I refused to switch while Primarina was low on health and I wanted to see if she could handle his ace.
But yeah, the story of RR, while great, was a bit of a let down when it turned out it was nothing more than a gauntlet challenge. I was slightly expecting having to go around Alola, stopping the bosses midway their plot, while joining forces with the International Police. Or something like that.
Still interesting though, and I wonder if anything that was said in that episode might be foreshadowing Nintendo's next planned game.

I still have Necrozma left on Mt. Lanakila, so I guess I'll see how that goes.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:39 AM   #32
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Hey um, is this spoiler if I say the anime is doing US/UM stuff right now? I kind of want to talk about it since Bulbapedia is so bare right now...

I guess it just came out but the anime is wasting NO TIME.

GAME/ANIME SPOILERS

I hear that the "ultra beast capture squad" is different in the games?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #33
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

RR thoughts, big spoiler

I appreciate Gamefreak's intentions here, but it feels really hamfisted. While all the RR members using Master Balls is intimidating it doesn't make much sense aside from a story POV except in Gen 1 and Gen 6 (the Pokeball factory). Moreover, Lysandre and Ghetsis are remakes and rivals of Cyrus and Giovanni, respectively. All four together, not to mention Archie and Maxie, lead to a weird association. Their game lines don't help and actually make things work and also don't explain why Giovanni is in charge.

I think a Lysandre/Giovanni combination could work, since their goals do not directly conflict or overlap, but not in a universe where Lysandre succeeds. He doesn't need Giovanni if he succeeds, and really his team is strong enough to challenge Giovanni if Giovanni is holding him hostage.

It works though because Giovanni can provide Lysandre with the means to his ends - a power plant, and the Master Balls to capture Xerneas/Yveltal. And Lysandre obviously introduces Giovanni to Mega Evolution which gives Mewtwo its power.

Then you could go with either duped Maxie or Archie, who roll with the Primals. So the fight would be 3 villain bosses, with the following ubers:

Primal Groudon/Geomancy Xerneas/Mega Mewtwo X
Primal Kyogre/Yveltal/Mega Mewtwo Y

Which sounds a lot more challenging/intimidating even without a level boost.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-23-2017, 06:31 PM   #34
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
RR thoughts, big spoiler

I appreciate Gamefreak's intentions here, but it feels really hamfisted. While all the RR members using Master Balls is intimidating it doesn't make much sense aside from a story POV except in Gen 1 and Gen 6 (the Pokeball factory). Moreover, Lysandre and Ghetsis are remakes and rivals of Cyrus and Giovanni, respectively. All four together, not to mention Archie and Maxie, lead to a weird association. Their game lines don't help and actually make things work and also don't explain why Giovanni is in charge.

I think a Lysandre/Giovanni combination could work, since their goals do not directly conflict or overlap, but not in a universe where Lysandre succeeds. He doesn't need Giovanni if he succeeds, and really his team is strong enough to challenge Giovanni if Giovanni is holding him hostage.

It works though because Giovanni can provide Lysandre with the means to his ends - a power plant, and the Master Balls to capture Xerneas/Yveltal. And Lysandre obviously introduces Giovanni to Mega Evolution which gives Mewtwo its power.

Then you could go with either duped Maxie or Archie, who roll with the Primals. So the fight would be 3 villain bosses, with the following ubers:

Primal Groudon/Geomancy Xerneas/Mega Mewtwo X
Primal Kyogre/Yveltal/Mega Mewtwo Y

Which sounds a lot more challenging/intimidating even without a level boost.
The point isn't that they're willingly and knowingly working in unison though imo. The Archie/Maxie bit alone shows that neither of them knew of the other's presence there. It feels like Giovanni's told them what it is and what's happening without actually showing any of the other members. He pulled what he believes to be the strongest trainers- those who wield legendaries and are basically in a position where they could rule- and told them to work for him. I think it's highly unlikely that there's any cohesion between any of the other leaders. You have Lysandre, Cyrus, Archie and Maxie, all of the same cloth, and then Giovanni and Ghetsis, of a different fabric entirely. Giovanni and Ghetsis don't desire to reshape the world like the others, they merely wish to rule it.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #35
Serverus Snope
Pokemon Trainer

Location: The Eiffel Tower in Rome, the City of Brotherly Love
So I played through this game with a Mono Psychic Team. It was my grindiest playthrough ever.

(Finished with Alakazam, Xatu, Metagross, Medicham, Alolan Raichu, and Malamar)
Old 01-21-2018, 01:14 PM   #36
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverus Snope View Post
So I played through this game with a Mono Psychic Team. It was my grindiest playthrough ever.

(Finished with Alakazam, Xatu, Metagross, Medicham, Alolan Raichu, and Malamar)
Cool team. I'm actually playing Ultra Moon with a mono Poison team. Traded in a Venonat Egg to replace my starter, but otherwise, everything was caught ingame. Currently, the team is Venomoth, Arbok, Tentacruel, male Salandit, Drapion, and Poipole. Major boss fight spoilers below.

No, Ultra Necrozma did not make my life a nightmare. I knew from playing Ultra Sun that this thing is hell to face off against even with a balanced team, so I put together a strategy very early on, and pulled it off beautifully. First came Arbok. I made sure to battle that one Dancer on Poni Island who gives you the Focus Sash so I could give it to Arbok. Survived Photon Geyser, used Glare. Tried to follow up with Crunch, but the paralysis nerf means Ultra Necrozma still outsped and KO'd. But that wasn't the only part of my plan, so I sent out Venomoth, went for Signal Beam. Did some damage, no confusion, OHKO'd by Photon Geyser afterwards. Next up was stage three- Tentacruel's Hex. Did a solid chunk, but Tentacruel's nice Sp. Def did it no favors here (of course, for all I know, Photon Geyser was doing physical damage to it). Final stage, pulled out all the stops. Sent out Drapion. Used a Roto Boost. It actually survived whatever Necrozma used (I think it was Dragon Pulse, but I'm not 100% sure). Next turn, turned Crunch into Black Hole Eclipse for the win.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:24 PM   #37
Serverus Snope
Pokemon Trainer

Location: The Eiffel Tower in Rome, the City of Brotherly Love
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Cool team. I'm actually playing Ultra Moon with a mono Poison team. Traded in a Venonat Egg to replace my starter, but otherwise, everything was caught ingame. Currently, the team is Venomoth, Arbok, Tentacruel, male Salandit, Drapion, and Poipole. Major boss fight spoilers below.

No, Ultra Necrozma did not make my life a nightmare. I knew from playing Ultra Sun that this thing is hell to face off against even with a balanced team, so I put together a strategy very early on, and pulled it off beautifully. First came Arbok. I made sure to battle that one Dancer on Poni Island who gives you the Focus Sash so I could give it to Arbok. Survived Photon Geyser, used Glare. Tried to follow up with Crunch, but the paralysis nerf means Ultra Necrozma still outsped and KO'd. But that wasn't the only part of my plan, so I sent out Venomoth, went for Signal Beam. Did some damage, no confusion, OHKO'd by Photon Geyser afterwards. Next up was stage three- Tentacruel's Hex. Did a solid chunk, but Tentacruel's nice Sp. Def did it no favors here (of course, for all I know, Photon Geyser was doing physical damage to it). Final stage, pulled out all the stops. Sent out Drapion. Used a Roto Boost. It actually survived whatever Necrozma used (I think it was Dragon Pulse, but I'm not 100% sure). Next turn, turned Crunch into Black Hole Eclipse for the win.
Boss spoilers here, too:
Didn't give me much trouble either. Then again, I level ground quite a bit in preparation to match its level. Used Malamar's Topsy Turvy to invert its aura, then tanked it with Metagross (who happens to resist all four of its moves.) Didn't need any Z-Moves or Rotom buffs to win (save for Rotom EXP for grinding.) But still, amazing how you managed that despite the type disadvantage.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:54 AM   #38
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Zinnia was wrong, Gens 1-3 could handle meteors. We were so boss, we ate megas, completes, primals and ultras for breakfast.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #39
Skunkaru
Pokemon Trainer

I STILL haven't gotten US/UM yet. What were everyone's favorite differences from the original sun/moon?
Skunkaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:48 PM   #40
Heather
Naga's Voice

Two words: MANTINE. SURF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #41
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Suuuuuuuper late to the party. I put the game down shortly after purchase and have been busy with other projects and pursuits since then. But I miss it, and with friends completing the game and wanting to play me, I guess I "have to" beat it now! So ... yeah! Trying to get back on the saddle and go ahead and clear this game.

Current team: Litten*, Dusk Rockruff | Grubbin, Ekans, Makuhita, Drifloon

Litten and Rockruff are the for-sure keepers. I played Sun with a Rowlet starter, so this time I wanted to do Litten as it's my next favorite and I think both Rowlet and Litten are top-tier starter designs. Grubbin I'm on the fence about, and thinking probably not (because I'll probably do a Dewpider / Araquanid this go-around). Ekans, Makuhita, and Drifloon are all "Hey, I've never really used these guys before. Maybe give them a try?" candidates. But I don't see myself realistically keeping any of them for very long. ^^;

* Rowlet (Sun) and Fennekin (Y), I did what I've begun to do in recent generations, which is I don't allow them to evolve immediately because I feel that evolving at/before the first gym takes away from a lot of the bonding opportunities with the starter in its basic form. That stated, I've been doing that for the past ... I dunno, I want to say at least since 2012 with BW2, and so I'm sort of wanting to try the traditional thing of just ... letting it evolve early and kicking ass with it. That's where I'm paused right now, hence the asterisk: I just beat the first totem Pokémon, and Litten's wanting to evolve.

Anyway, you don't care about any of this. If you're reading at all, you probably want to know my thoughts on the changes so far from Sun and Moon! So ...

Team Alt Timeline/Dimension People: They're okay so far. I find myself a bit on the disapprove side every time they appear because they make me feel like these games are a child's fanfic overwrite of the canon Sun and Moon story, i.e. this new faction seems to crowd and already compact story, but I dunno. We'll see! It's mild disapproval, and they could conceivably win me over.

Totem Stickers: I like it so far. It's fine. A little distracting, but it rewards players like me who are already obsessive about covering every square inch of the map before proceeding, and it also encourages players to revisit previously-visited areas. (E.g. THAT STICKER IN ILIMA'S POOL THAT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! Just give me a rod already so I can fish it out!)

Mantine Surf: Haven't gotten to do it yet. But this is the first change which genuinely feels like "something that ought to have been in Sun & Moon but wasn't." Future/Dimension people, not needed. Stickers, not needed. Route changes to creature appearances, not needed. But Mantine Surf? This is very cute, has a very "regional" feel to it, and should have definitely been around in the first Alolan games.

Guzma & the Skulls: This is my first time replaying a Gen 7 game, so I don't know if what I am about to say has always been there or if it's an actual change they made to the script in USUM. But it feels like they made it even more obvious for players that Team Skull is a collection of island challenge rejects with Guzma, the very best of the island challenge failures, at their head.

The first "change"(?) is when you're fighting the grunts in Hau'oli City and they all but declare that their goal is to interfere with other island challengers' challenges because (paraphrase) "we failed our island challenge so now we want others to fail too!" Like, it's rather blatant. And I don't remember it being this blatant in SM. I feel like there it was a bit more subtle, and that I had my moment of discovery as I was playing SM. (See my SM playthrough posts.) I feel like you don't find out about it until Ula'ula Island in those games. Whereas here, you're told from the start, "These guys are all ex-island challengers."

The second "change"(?), and this one I'm kinda thinking is not a change but it just flew over my head the first time I played SM, is when you get to Guzma's house and talk to his father. I had completely forgotten that this was even his house, but then I start talking to the adult male inside the living room and he mentions how 1) his son ran away from home 2) to do the island challenge, 3) overpowering his old man in a Pokémon fight. And then you go into the mystery son's bedroom and you see 4) all of these trophies, a testament to the young man's accomplishments as a Pokémon trainer, that are 5) now covered in dust, and a bed that "smells musty as only a bed in disuse can smell" or some such. So like, not only is it sad (aww ), but it also rings all of these alarm bells in my head, as someone who's already played the game once before, that this is Guzma's house and that the son in question is none other than Guzma. I think this might've already been there the first time? But it's definitely much more poignant now that we know who it's talking about.

Character Customization: I played as a female in XY and adored it. Played as a male in Omega Ruby for old time's sake (as I played as a male in Ruby). Played as a male in Sun and while it was good for the romantic interpretation with Lillie it wasn't good for much else. Opted to play as a female again in Ultra Sun and man is it so much more enjoyable!

I really love that they finally did away with the stupid requirement from Gen 6 that we have to always wear a hat. I really hated that! Maybe they did away with it already in SM but if they did I never found out because I never bothered to change my character's clothes. In USUM? It was one of the very first things I tested out, along with hair color change, eye color change, and hairstyle change. I'm undecided on which hair style to go for as of right now -- I like the appearance of the Long Wavy Sideswept and I also like the length of the Long Straight NoBangs -- but there are other fun hairstyles to try out, too. I wish Long Wavy were longer than it is. I wish Long Straight NoBangs were a bit thicker on top than it appears. Hopefully they allow for adjustable lengths in Gen 8 instead of making us choose from one of three presets. You have a working physics engine, guys -- properly program the hair and let us make it as long or short as we like!

The eyecolor I most wanted (gold) is still not available, but hazel is a wonderfully acceptable stand-in and yellow is quite striking. (A little too striking. ^^; Looks too artificial and too Village of the Damned-ey.) I do hope that in Gen 8 they allow for us to fully customize eye color by being able to choose from any of the 256 million colors in a 32-bit color palette. It'd be nice to be able to have striking violet eyes. Support for heterochromia would also be nice.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #42
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Want to weigh in on the possibility of using Ekans ingame- I did that in Ultra Moon when I did a mono-Poison team. There is an undeniable flaw with its level-up movepool, in terms of physical STAB, but other than that, it can get stuff done, no question. Glare is a very good move to have on hand, and Arbok does get a good assortment of physical moves to work with from various sources. Decent physical STAB may have to wait for what is IMO entirely too long, but that doesn't make it automatically not worth one's time. And if your Ekans has Intimidate, of course, that's yet another point in its favor.

One thing I want to try next time I play through Ultra Moon is using a Furfrou ingame. Never done that before, but considering how tough those things can be to take down sometimes, seems worth a shot.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:22 PM   #43
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I too am eyeing a Furfrou. It's a Pokémon I normally would never dream of using, but it's partly for that reason and partly because my player character is rockin' a kogyaru look that I feel like a Furfrou with stylish trimmings might make sense on this team. To say nothing of the fact that it's a defensive tank. But Furfrou doesn't seem like she'd be very fun to use per my playstyle. I like to hit hard and have a spread of types. Movesets are usually either four attacking moves or else three attacking and one other move. Furfrou is more of a ... "deal STAB Normal damage and then do lots of other things that make more sense in Comp than in Story Mode" sort of a Pokémon. So I dunno.

Ekans, I've considered it. (Clearly! lol) But yeah, I got a Jolly one with Shed Skin and an Intimidate one with Lonley or something else bad. So like, neither is one I would want to take with me during Story Mode. Shed Skin might've been okay during Story Mode in past generations, but from Gen 6 onward it's a complete joke, given how I tend to max out affection pretty early. (Rockruff is already at five full hearts and Litten is about to hit five as well, and I've only just KOed the first totem.) Status afflictions either auto-heal mid-battle thanks to high affection or else they go away at the end of the battle with invitations to load up Refresh and dab your adorable kitten's or puppy's afflictions away with a cotton swab. Rendering Shed Skin about as useless as all these Antidotes my Pickup Meowth found lying on the ground. So yeah ... until/unless I can find one with both Intimidate and a good nature, Story Mode Arbok is probably not happening.

Current thinking on the team, though I'm far away from some of these:
- Litten
- Rockruff
- Dewpider
- Fomantis or Bounsweet
- Stufful again? (didn't get to use the one I used last time too much)
- Nebby again, maybe, but in the meantime somebody else
? Pikipek
? Alolan Vulpix

Reminder that my last team was:
- Rowlet
- Cutiefly
- Pyukumuku
- Stufful
- Minior
- Yungoos, eventually replaced with Nebby

So I really do doubt that there's gonna be room for Ekans on there. =\ But ... who knows! We'll see, we'll see, we'll see. Even if he doesn't stick around forever, he might stick around for two whole islands. A lot of these guys I've mentioned wanting to add aren't possible until late Akala or even Ula'ula, Poni, and beyond. (Lookin' at you, Alolan Vulpix who I had forgotten about but man you sound adorable and interesting to me now. )
Old 04-03-2018, 02:42 PM   #44
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
There's always the option of Coil / Rest Shed Skin Ekans if you want to abuse Shed Skin.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:49 PM   #45
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Have used Furfrou. It's actually more of a tank than anything else.

Also re: Ekans, Stufful's still end of island 2 where it was last game, so you have time to use it and see. Pikipek is imo not worth the effort.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:41 PM   #46
Heather
Naga's Voice

Used Furfrou in a nuzlocke once. Was a fantastic normal type and only lost it due to carelessness in Chateau grinding leading to its untimely demise via focus blast to the face. Very stalwart defender and very worth your time (top hat trim is best).
All that being said, firstly, Lonely is at least okay on Ekans because +Attack which is what you want in the long run. Secondly, I suggest you pack a Zorua, if only for That One Boss to be less of a gigantic pain in the ass. You know which one I'm on about.

Lastly, hatless was in fact possible in regular SuMo and for that reason I did not wear a hat that wasnt the Beach Hat from Gracidea once i got the dumb default hat off because that hat is the only good hat design in that whole game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:12 PM   #47
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Formantis/Bounsweet line are very similar: Grass-type, Leaf Guard, similar stat distribution. However, Tsareena is better in pretty much every way than Lurantis. Lurantis has the advantage of being prettier and having access to Solar Blade, but that doesn't make up the difference.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-03-2018, 08:18 PM   #48
Talon87
時の彼方へ

>Lurantis worse than Tsareena
Luckily for me, I like both lines! I wish that Lurantis had been Grass/Bug (the same exact way that I'd have wanted a mono-Bug-type orchid mantis to have been Bug/Grass instead), but I respect what they wanted to do with it and that's that. Tsareena, I'm not the biggest fan of the design itself (silly J-pop-idol crown is silly), but I think the idea of a dominatrix Pokémon that evolves on knowing Stomp and learns Power Whip and Trop Kick is far too hilarious to hate. It'd also go pretty decently well on Team Kogyaru, the same way that I was saying Trimmien Furfrou would fit thanks to the whole beauty makeover angle. So what it's really going to come down to is, do I get a Bounsweet with Adamant/Jolly nature first or do I get a Fomantis with one? (Oh. And any gotta-have ability to go with it.) Whoever I get first, that's probably going to be the lucky lady.

>Furfrou kicked ass in a Nuzlocke
Sure, but a Nuzlocke is a very different animal. A Nuzlocke you take (or ought to take) cautiously. You treat every battle like it could be your last, you play to win, and (I guess most importantly) you want someone who can set up during Enemy No.1 and then proceed to single-handedly sweep the entire team. Maybe I'll go for Furfrou if, in the end, I opt to play Set like I said I wanted to (and I DID ORIGINALLY WANT TO! ) instead of Switch which is what I'm on right now (because I really just want to steamroll through this ASAP so I can get back to breeding compmons); but so long as I'm playing on Switch Mode, Furfrou is going to feel like it's majorly holding me back time investment-wise. All this "pointless" defense building and healing off damage, all this time spent boosting offense ... when instead, I coulda just been pounding people into the dirt with one OHKO after another.

>hatless was possible in SM
A, the more you know.™ B, I'm glad they decided to do that. Forced hats in Gen 6 prevented me from having my ideal Serena and, what's worse, the justification for it that Masuda gave was just bad. Either you agree with his justification and consequently take away trainer customization (which I am honestly okay with), or else you leave trainer customization in (cool, I like that too) but you also let people fully customize.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:27 PM   #49
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I forgot to mention: the biggest reason I can't play on Set Mode right now is the fact that I'm optimizing my use of the Happy Hour Rockruff and yet I don't want to feel like Rockruff is my starter instead of Litten. So I need to be able to switch out from Rockruff at the start of a trainer battle to Litten (or anyone else) later in the battle. Otherwise this is only ever going to be the Shimako & Rockruff Show.

While I'm here double-posting, question: do I want to avoid Game Sync? Y/N I read online that Game Sync is to be avoided at all costs if you want to do stuff online because it makes the game take FOR-E-VER when trying to go online and do stuff. But ... I'm also pretty sure that if I don't use Game Sync that I'm not going to be able to partake in any global missions nor am I going to be able to do VGC. So ... yeah. What's going on here? In XYORAS, you had the option of disabling "Game Sync on Save?" from within the Settings menu. I disabled it in both Y and Omega Ruby. I've read that here, that same functionality has been removed. So ... how bothersome do those of you who have enabled Game Sync find Game Sync to be? For right now, my game plan is to avoid it for as long as possible and to only activate it once I've finished upgrading my Festival Plaza. But I'd like to hear from those of you who have already activated it, to find out whether it's as much of a pain in the ass as some players online make it out to be.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:35 PM   #50
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I've never found Game Sync to be particularly irksome. It's maybe a few extra seconds when going online. By far nowhere near as bad as saving the game in Platinum after doing anything with the PC.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON