UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Golden Lands

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2017, 11:53 AM   #1
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar
 
uhhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metaverse
Posts: 1,465
Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Greninja Running Away from the Runway

"All right, we're good to go Polk--- hey wait for me! Don't go wandering off now!"

It had been yesterday since Siobahn had arrived in the Johto region, specifically, Olivine City. Today marked the first official day of her life as a Pokemon trainer, as she left the world of fashion and her career as a model on hiatus. It was a sudden decision that shocked her friends and colleagues that they wondered if she was being insane (again). Some of her friends were supportive of her idea though and even gave her a Pokemon to start with. In all honesty, Siobahn wanted to try something new and thrilling and felt that this was the way to go. She hoped that the total makeover her friends had done to her was enough to make her unrecognizable though.

"Geez, really eager aren't you? Do you even know where we're going?" the young frog before her gave an apologetic and embarrassed look to which Siobahn giggled, "Hehe, thought so. I understand the feeling though, the first day of our new adventure and all that! If only our starting point was less... gray," she said noticing the industrial feel of the city itself, though the Froakie couldn't really care less, "I've seen all kinds of places in my line of work and no offense to Olivine but honestly, this is not the kind of scenery I want to start with, you know? Not much we can do about it now though," Siobahn shrugged as she began walking away from the Pokemon Center, with Polka leaping up towards her shoulder.

"Say, why don't we head towards Ecruteak, Polka? I heard something about a swarm of Pokemon there or whatever last night and the forest there's quite a sight to see. Sounds like something Trainers would go to! Might be worth checking out right?"

The Froakie croaked in approval; anything to get his trainer to get a move on already really. If there was one thing he didn't like about travelling with Siobahn, it was that his trainer took way too much time to prepare herself. He'd have to convince her to spend less time in front of the mirror some other time, but for now Polka was content with Siobahn having decided on a destination as the duo made their way out of Olivine and towards Ecruteak.
__________________



WF
Fitz/Siobahn



Spoiler: show
FB

PASBL


Last edited by Jerichi; 05-18-2017 at 06:03 PM.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:53 AM   #2
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,032
Your debut as a Trainer from a fashion model begins anew after years of planning and delay - which in turn means that while you arrived in Johto's port city, you have other plans for which runway you want to strut down, considering Olivine's heavily industrialised landscape much less appealing. Perhaps due to his hasty inclinations, Polka is already egging you on to leave, and eventually you wade through the city of metal and concrete to the outskirts of rust and chain, proceeding away from the city limits.

As the scent of smog and petrol fades away you take a deep breath of forest air - far more relaxing, and probably healthier than the bustling, mechanical aura surrounding Olivine. The transition feels almost surreal, but there you are walking among the trees, majestic pillars of nature sporting ethereally glittering leaves. You nearly feel as though you might get lost in here, but then wasn't that part of why you left the limelight in the first place - to get away from it all?

"Excuse me!"

You bite your lip slightly. The city didn't raise any unpleasant encounters, but did you somehow manage to get recognised through your immaculate disguise? Before you can decide where to pull a disappearing act a man has you in his line of sight and waves his hand at you. Then again, you don't really feel any animosity from the stranger - maybe it's the viridian, wool-knit sweater he has or the gently floating Togetic next to his shoulder, but for some reason you notice the messy matted condition of his hair like he's slept on it the wrong way for too long. His smiling expression purses his eyes almost shut like he's half asleep.

"I hope I didn't startle you, miss," he greets you with a polite bow. "I've been on the lookout for the assistance of wandering Trainers on behalf of our Leader, Auguste... if it's not too much trouble, might I ask for your help?"
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:37 AM   #3
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar
 
uhhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metaverse
Posts: 1,465
Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
"Oooh, now that feels much better! It's really nice to go out in the great outdoors like this, wouldn't you say Polka?"

After having left Olivine, Siobahn and Polka began their travels towards Ecruteak, leaving behind the industrious city and towards a more natural environment. The scenery of the forest felt relaxing to the duo as they happily walked the main road. It's until a man and his Togetic tries to get their attention that Siobahn was startled from their walk.

"Excuse me!"

'Oh crap, already?!' Siobahn thought as she panicked, 'Was I really that recognizable even through my disguise?' she shook her head and bit her lip at the hasty thought.

'Wait no, what are you thinking Siobahn?! Maybe he just wants directions o-or something. Yeah that's it, that's probably it! I can't just assume that everyone and their mother knows about the fashion industry... well, actually, probably their mother does but still...!'

Meanwhile, sitting on her shoulder, Polka has an up close and personal look at his trainer's expression and shook his head, knowing how panicked she must be right now. He knew about how she had to have a complete makeover just so she would be incognito from her life as a fashion model and he completely understands why she was panicking from being called out of the blue. Still, with her expression Siobahn was basically making it obvious that something was off about her at the very least and it was up to the little frog to snap her out of it.

Poking her cheek, the Froakie tries to get her attention to at the very least not appear strange to the man, "Huh? Oh right. Act natural... act natural..."

"Y-yes, is there something you need?" Siobahn nervously asks the man, hoping that he did not recognize her through advertisements or magazines or anything like that. Still her nervousness was all too apparent and Polka croaked in disappointment. A great model she may be, but Siobahn made for a terrible actress. There's a reason why she never pursued an acting career, even with her good looks. Polka just hopes that that's all that the man can see from her.

Thankfully, either the man didn't notice it, or he was too polite to point it out. Polka placed his bet on the latter.

"I hope I didn't startle you, miss," the man and the Togetic greets the pair with a polite bow. "I've been on the lookout for the assistance of wandering Trainers on behalf of our Leader, Auguste... if it's not too much trouble, might I ask for your help?"

"O-oh, you just wanted to ask for assistance! Right, of course. that's all you wanted. Hahaha..." Siobahn laughed nervously. At least he didn't recognize her right away. Still, it was probably for the best that she didn't act suspicious, "Right, assistance! What you asked me about, yes? Yeah, that's right. What do you need help for exactly?"
__________________



WF
Fitz/Siobahn



Spoiler: show
FB

PASBL


Last edited by uhhhhh; 05-17-2017 at 08:51 AM.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #4
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,032
Your heart briefly flutters as the possibility of being recognised flashes in your head like a blaring siren, until Polka tries his best to set you straight. You nervously titter on, unsure of whether or not to maintain eye contact, but the stranger regards you with a constant gaze and reassuring smile.

"Well, before explanations, I should introduce myself," he says. "Andrew Perennia, Gym Trainer of the Ecruteak City Gym. Pardon me if I'm being presumptuous, but... would I be correct in guessing you came in search of rare Pokémon swarms?"

The query raises your eyebrow, considering how on the mark it is.

"You wouldn't be the first Trainer to do so - in fact, Trainer traffic has been somewhat frantic in the Golden Forest for the past few months or so due to the event," Andrew chuckles, before his expression turns slightly serious. "Interesting as it's been, we've had quite a bit of trouble every so often. It's not just the increased flux of people, some of whom were less than savoury - but more importantly, our leader Auguste has been concerned about how long the swarm is taking to migrate. If it goes on for much longer, it might irreparably affect the local ecosystem for the worse.

"Normally, that's where Trainers would come in, but we strangely we haven't had many outsiders go through the forest recently, and our team at the gym are still picking things up after a major Berry shortage," he adds. "And... truth be told, there's been one specimen that our Trainers have been having issues with. We're Trainers of Fairy-types, and from what I heard, this Pokémon left my colleagues' fighters all rather ill, so I was looking to solicit a little backup." Andrew scratches the back of his head as his Togetic shudders. "Still, I wouldn't blame you if you declined. Most Trainers would walk away from such an awkward request out of the blue."
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:58 AM   #5
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar
 
uhhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metaverse
Posts: 1,465
Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
"Er... yes, I've only got Polka here you see," Siobahn gestures to her Froakie who croaked in reply, the woman having now calmed down from the scare of potentially being found out. "We've heard of the swarm here and we thought we could have another Pokemon to tag along with us. That's... probably not a surprise either, is it?" Siobahn scratched her head as she could only weakly chuckle before sighing.

It was then that Andrew explains their situation to her. With the swarm not dying out anytime soon, the gym trainer expressed concern on what it can to to their city's ecosystem and more importantly how a certain species of Pokemon was giving them trouble. Siobahn paid attention to every word he said and once he finished, she gave her two cents.

"Ill? I take it you mean you have Poison-type issues then. Makes sense, seeing as, as you say, you folks are Fairy trainers," Siobahn commented as she takes a quick glance on the Togetic beside him and raised a brow, "Look Andrew, I'll be frank. I've literally just started and all and I'm not really sure what me and Polka can do to help you guys. All I know are from books and such and I haven't had much hands-on experience myself. Still, looks like you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here if you haven't had much luck in getting help..." Siobahn paused at her own words and groaned, "Yeesh, did I just refer that to myself? 'Bottom of the barrel', really? God, this is so weird..." it was at this point that she realizes what it means to having jumped from a successful professional model to a total amateur of a Pokemon Trainer. Still, if Siobahn was going to commit to this Trainer shtick, then this is a perfect opportunity to begin her journey, right?

"Oh all right, this'll probably make for some decent trainer experience anyway. Gotta start somewhere and all that! The name's Siobahn, and you've got yourself a deal," the ex-model exclaims before shaking Andrew's hand. While she was keeping her model persona hidden, she had no qualms in giving out her real name. Thank goodness she had the foresight of using a stage name in her career. "So, Mr. Gym Trainer, where do we start?"
__________________



WF
Fitz/Siobahn



Spoiler: show
FB

PASBL

uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:37 AM   #6
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,032
"Ah, thank you very much, Siobahn. The truth is, I was partially on the lookout for where the Pokémon might have been - regrettably, my colleagues did not manage to have a good look on the Pokémon in question, aside from the fact that it is venomous in nature," Andrew nods as he accepts your handshake. "If you'll pardon me for not telling you earlier; I was intending to gauge your willingness without overwhelming you with information. ...Not that we've had a lot to work with," he sighs.

"All we know is that this Pokémon in question is likely a Poison-type, and a part of the swarm incidences - since the local ecosystem doesn't have them, and the species that do live here aren't familiar with poisoning their enemies," explains Andrew, as he leads you off the path. "What's troubling is that we've had several cases of wild Pokémon getting poisoned in encounters with this assailant - and as you can imagine, it's bad news for many of the Grass and Fairy Pokémon who live here. While our Trainers' Pokémon can still be healed in the Centre, the Berry shortage means that we can't treat all the wild poisoning incidents as we'd like."

Andrew pauses, in words and steps, and you stop to realise that your group has stopped at a junction of trodden passageways. "This is close to where the last incident took place - several Deerling had to be brought back to town so the nurse could attempt treatment," explains the Gym Trainer. "...Or at least I think so. You've probably noticed the Golden Forest isn't really a place for landmarks."

You take a moment to glance at the three passageways splitting off into different directions. On one side you smell a faintly fresh, yet bitter aroma - blinking, you feel slightly rejuvenated all of a sudden, but you're not quite sure why. On the opposite, you find that shards of bark and leaves have littered the forest floor, apparently sliced in pieces by some violent manouevre. The last passage is lined with trees that appear to be dripping with some dark purple substance - strangely enough, it seems to have been marked with cross-like patterns, but is otherwise unremarkable.

"I'm not sure which of these routes could lead us to our mystery Pokémon," frowns Andrew. "They all look pretty suspicious, but I'd really rather not have to end up investigating all of them..."
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:04 AM   #7
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar
 
uhhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metaverse
Posts: 1,465
Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Having accepted Andrew's request, Siobahn and Polka joined him and his Togetic to venture deeper into the Golden Forest. As they traveled, Andrew explained to the ex-model all the details he could possibly give her. While the poison is manageable enough on normal situations, the fact that they were still recovering from a berry shortage made treating the wild Pokemon more difficult.

As Andrew had finished his explanation, their group stopped at a junction. This is where Andrew explains where the last poisoning incident took place---or at least close to it. Each of the presented three paths had something distinctive to them and the Gym Trainer had no clue on where to go next.

"Well, it's not the best idea but why don't we just pick something and get it over with?" Siobahn chimed, "If even you're clueless as to where to go, then I'm just even worse at it. Let's see, eenie-meenie... wha--hey, Polka what are you-," before Siobahn could even stop her Froakie, the little blue frog leaped off of her shoulder and hopped his way over to the path with the purple substance. Too impatient to even give Siobahn the time to pick, he had made the decision himself for them.

"Oh no, not again... damnit Polka, when will you ever--ughhhh! Would it kill you to wait even just for a second?!" the ex-model sighs before turning to Andrew, "Well, can't say I appreciate that but it looks like the decision's made for the both of us... sorry about that Andrew, but we better hurry before Polka does something stupid again," with that, Siobahn dashed towards the third path to catch up to Polka.
__________________



WF
Fitz/Siobahn



Spoiler: show
FB

PASBL

uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:37 AM   #8
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,032
"I guess it has," Andrew returns your sigh, though you note he can't hide a slight smile. "I suppose that's what happens when my lack of assertion comes back to bite me." The conversation has to pause for the moment as you chase after Polka, scattering leaves and dirt in his wake as he hops ahead like an overwound toy. Every so often you lose sight of him, but at least the path is sufficiently linear - you can make out the trail of violet ooze marking the trees, so it isn't likely for you to get lost.

What you do not expect is what lies at the end of the brief chase. Sighting your Froakie halting in his tracks gives you the opportunity to stop for breath, but as you look at the dribble of purple substance, you finally see what it originated from - it deviates away from the last tree it's marked, leaving a dribble that ends up pooling at the end of a damp, brush-like tail. Its owner lies sprawled towards the sky, a discoloured tongue hanging limply from its open, groaning mouth.

"A Smeargle... and it's been poisoned. Looks like the stuff on the trees was the secretion Smeargle use to communicate," mutters Andrew, leaning over to inspect the fallen Pokémon. "...Another victim of the poison. It's a good thing for it we came across it in time; it probably wouldn't survive if it'd been left alone like this. Marvel, I need you to use your Wish on Smeargle; we need to keep it conscious."

Quickly and obediently the floating fairy descends upon the poisoned Normal-type, extending its faintly glowing hands to its patient as it closes its eyes. You walk over to Polka, who looks back at you impatiently before darting his gaze around. Folding your arms, you take a turn at glancing about yourself when a snap and rustle catches your attention. An abrupt turn towards where you think you heard the breaking sound gives you a fleeting look of a sharp, dagger-like extension from behind a tree, followed by the rustling of leaves. Andrew and Marvel don't seem to have noticed, while Polka looks up at you expectantly...
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:45 PM   #9
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar
 
uhhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metaverse
Posts: 1,465
Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
With neither parties stopping, both Polka and Siobahn's group followed the violet ooze trail, with the latter chasing after the former. The little Froakie proved to be a bit too fast for Siobahn and Andrew and at the times, the two had to rely solely on the violet trail to even catch up to him. Thank goodnees for these marks or they would have never been able to tell each tree apart, Siobahn thought to herself. While Polka was extremely impatient, Siobahn knew that he would never stray from the path at least.

Eventually, though Polka had to stop and eventually, Siobahn, Andrew, and Marvel had caught up to him, "Hah... hah... finally... caught up with you... damn frog..." Siobahn exhaled in-between pants as she catches her breath, "Polka, what did I say... about rushing off huh?! ...huh? Wait, what...?"

Gasping as she found out what caused the Froakie to halt his tracks, the group had encountered a poisoned Smeargle that's barely clinging to its life.

"Hey, are you all right?! You look--- oh no, it's been poisoned too!" The violet marking, originating from the Pokemon's tail, basically confirming it as the source of the marks. Andrew assumed that the marks were left as warnings for the wild Pokemon. The Gym Trainer then took it upon himself and Marvel to treat the Pokemon. Though the Togetic's Wish would have healed the Smeargle, Siobahn knew that it was not enough to cleanse the toxins out of its system. Knowing this, she rummaged through her pack to find one of the Pecha Berries she had stocked for her journey.

"Here Andrew, this should help clear the poison out from it," she offered the berry to the Gym Trainer.

With the poisoned Pokemon issue resolved she finally turned to Polka, ready to give the frog a proper tongue-lashing at running off yet again. As she crossed her arm in annoyance, the duo suddenly glanced around the area as a rustling noise catches their attention. It isn't until they saw a peculiar blade-like thing moving that Siobahn and Polka notice the source of the rustle, "A... blade? Of course, it makes sense! Why didn't I realize it sooner?! Of course the assailant would be close by if the Smeargle was recently poisoned! Crap..." gritting her teeth at the thought, and noticing that Andrew and Marvel had yet to notice, the duo busy with treating the Smeargle, she decided to get their attention.

"Uh... Andrew? Could you and Marvel make it quick-like? Chop-chop? We're not alone. Something's... something's here!"

Meanwhile, Polka had his undivided attention towards the blade. He knew not what it was, but something told him to strike right away. Without waiting for Siobahn's orders, he plans to give the creature an Icy Wind, then blast him down with two Bubbles.
__________________



WF
Fitz/Siobahn



Spoiler: show
FB

PASBL


Last edited by uhhhhh; 05-30-2017 at 03:48 AM.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:20 AM   #10
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,032
Recognising that there is limited time to be divided between two priorities, your little team ends up splitting attention temporarily. Intervening with a Pecha Berry of your own, you hand the curative to Andrew as he looks up from Marvel, a smile breaking on his face. "Thanks, Siobahn - that's very generous of you," he compliments you, giving the Berry over to Marvel. "Marvel, Bestow it on Smeargle, please." In a brief flash the Pecha Berry moves from the Togetic's hands to the mouth of the Smeargle, instinct promptly kicking in as the Smeargle groans and opens its mouth to accomodate the fruit. Several frantic chews later the Painter Pokémon lurches up from the effort before collapsing back down.

The task occupies enough of your view, though, for Polka to intervene. You hear the breath of frost and wind as the Froakie leaps into attack mode, and a pained hiss is heard among the rustling of leaves, which is slowly but surely decelerating as the chilling effects of the technique come into play. You follow Polka, not wishing to lose him again before he can disappear past the bushes, and he punctuates his point with a barrage of bubbles that cannonball into their target. A reptilian head, violet and yellow, rears as the Pokémon in question screeches in pain, collapsing onto the ground as it tries it best to shuffle away.

"Siobahn?" Behind you, you see Andrew come up with the Smeargle carried on his back. He heaves a wheeze as he spots the other Pokémon on the scene. "A Seviper... so you're the one responsible for all the poisoning cases, huh?"

"Ssssss..." The Fang Snake tightens up in a curl, lashing its tongue at your group - in an almost feeble, pitiful manner. Now that you've had the chance to take a closer look at it, there are more injuries on its body than Polka could have thrown at it with his ice and water; lighter streaks where its skin was probably cut line its body in many places. Despite the defensive behaviour it is putting up you feel that there might be something behind the pained expression in its eyes - it looks almost serene? For some reason that word pops up in your mind.

"Hmmm - its movement seems unsteady, and the way it's holding its head... I don't know my Poison-types well, but if this Pokémon's like any other in the field Egg group, I'd wager that it hasn't been eating or sleeping well for some time," observes Anthony. "Marvel?"

"Toge..." Uneasily, the Togetic floats forward, only for several needles to be vomited by the Seviper in its direction. Squealing, Marvel flits over to its Trainer, but you notice that there's a wide berth between where the attack was fired and where Marvel was floating, like the attack was a warning shot.

"Oh boy," sighs Andrew. "I'm starting to see why the others had trouble - even when cornered Pokémon can be exceedingly violent at times. ...Guess I'll be needing your help in negotiations, Siobahn."

Last edited by Shadowshocker; 06-01-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:27 PM   #11
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar
 
uhhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metaverse
Posts: 1,465
Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
"A Seviper huh..." the snake reminded Siobahn of the time she had to allow an Ekans around her body for a photo shoot. She wasn't particularly afraid of snakes and among her fellow models in the agency, she was probably one of the few that handled that particular job well. Seeing a Seviper, and an injured one at that, didn't really particularly faze her.

"Now that I look at you... oh geez... Leave it alone Polka, I'll handle this one for now," Polka dropped his stance as her turned to Siobahn, wondering what the woman has planned.

"Hey, I don't know what happened to you, but those wounds don't look good on you right now. Polka and Marvel could probably take you on and beat you at your state, you know? Not to mention that you look like you haven't eaten in days," Siobahn spoke to the snake as she moved closer while keeping a safe distance from it.

"Look, I can tell you don't want to fight and you're not exactly in a condition to so too. Likewise, neither Andrew nor myself want to either. And I get why you're acting that way, it's for your own survival and all that..." she paused as her expression hardened in anger before she continued.

"...but is that a reason to poison other Pokemon like that?! Look at this Smeargle, look at what you did to it. You nearly killed it! I bet it didn't even want to fight you as well!" Siobahn angrily lectured the poison snake as she pointed to the Smeargle on Andrew's shoulders. The woman glared at the beaten up viper for a moment before her expression softened. With a sigh, the woman rummaged through her bag once more to toss out an Oran Berry to the Seviper's direction.

"Here, you should probably treat your wounds with that. I get that you don't want us to move closer, so I'll just toss it in your direction," Polka just croaked incredulously at his Trainer. Did she just scold the giant poisonous snake and helped it heal up at the same time? Polka ended up with a really strange Trainer, the Froakie thought, "What? I'm not heartless. Besides, if this thing attacks us, I can always count on you to take it on, right? With how eager you must be to just blast him like that, I take you don't have any objections to that. Don't think I didn't notice! See, I got everything under control!" the ex-model grinned at her frog companion while Polka became even more dumbfounded at his Trainer's gutsy attitude. Siobahn then turned to the Andrew.

"Hey Andrew, did that colleague of yours mention this particular Seviper being injured? I wonder about how he had gotten those scars... call it a gut feeling, but I don't think that Smeargle did it. Any ideas on what could probably have caused it?"
__________________



WF
Fitz/Siobahn



Spoiler: show
FB

PASBL

uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:26 AM   #12
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,032
The sight of the Seviper doesn't actually scare you - you've dealt with worse in your modeling career, and all things considered it doesn't look as though the creature actually wants to fight. You nonetheless lecture it for the trouble it's caused, for which the Seviper bows its head, still trembling a little in expectation of the incoming pain. Your offering of an Oran Berry thus surprises it, as it does Polka, who warily regards your actions. Keeping its eye on you, the snake lowers its head to poke the Berry with its snout, tracing over it with a forked tongue before bringing it into its fanged jaws. Carefully it chews, not particularly partial to the flavour. It finally relaxes on the grass, convinced that you are not here to harangue it further, while you confer with Andrew.

"This is the closest we've got to the mystery Pokémon - but thanks to you we've now got a much better idea. You handled the situation very well," the Ecruteak Trainer commends you, before putting a finger to his chin in thought. "Judging by those injuries, and considering what we're dealing with here..."

"Ssss...!"

"...!" All at once you hear the sound of hissing surround you, but nobody is more roused by the noise than Seviper as it swings into action, visibly distressed. You bite your lip slightly and Polka foams at the neck as Seviper slides towards you, but once again you observe that it doesn't seem intent on striking.

"Zzzzan!" "Goose!"

"Oh, boy," is all Andrew can remark as two furry forms leap from the foliage, prowling on battle-scarred paws. While their bodies are largely white, red patches appear on their claws and faces like slashed wounds, and both boast a distinct feral delight in their glances and grins. "Sss, ssss..." You feel a tightening around your ankle as the Seviper glides behind you, hiding from the Zangoose.

"I've heard reports of Zangoose being part of the swarms too, but I didn't expect to come between a clash like this," sighs Andrew, as Marvel flutters about in concern. "Zangoose and Seviper have had a feud between their two species that's lasted as long as anyone can remember - they fight on sight and often don't stop until one side is gravely injured, or worse. And it looks like this one has been harassed for a couple of days, at least."

"Sss..." Polka looks at you, not entirely sure of what to do. With Seviper clinging to you, the Zangoose are inevitably going to make you a target...
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:33 AM   #13
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar
 
uhhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metaverse
Posts: 1,465
Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
"Zangoose?! ...actually, I can't say I'm surprised. Why did I even bother asking? Even I know their whole feud," Siobahn droned as two furry Pokemon leaped out and made themselves known to Siobahn's group. "They probably traced the Seviper's scent or something to hunt it down, which means... oh no."

Upon seeing its own arch rivals, and two of them at that, the injured and terrified Seviper immediately clung onto Siobahn. With the Zangoose seeing the sight, the two cat ferrets immediately identified Siobahn's entire group as Seviper's allies. Realizing what the view meant to the two Pokemon, Siobahn groans at the incoming trouble she was inevitably going to have with the Zangoose. These don't seem to be in the mood to talk at the very least.

"Look this isn't--- ugh, you know what, screw this I give up. It's just one misfortune after another!" Siobahn grumbles as she angrily glares at the two Zangoose, "Damn snake, you owe us for this... You there, two on one isn't exactly a fair match is it? You want to fight? I'll give you a fight! Andrew, help me out here!" Siobahn shouts out as Polka leaps in front of her, readying himself for combat. "Polka, Icy Wind on both of them, and target one of them with your Water Gun!"
__________________



WF
Fitz/Siobahn



Spoiler: show
FB

PASBL

uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:17 AM   #14
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,032
"It seems we have no choice. I will cover for all of you to the full extent of my ability!" Stepping forward to join you, Andrew directs his Pokémon as Polka jumps ahead, ready to rumble. "Dazzling Gleam, Marvel!"

Before your Pokémon can carry out their orders, both the Froakie and Togetic are knocked back as the enemy Zangoose lunge at them, much faster than your eye can see. You flinch a little in empathy for Polka, but it looks like he and Marvel were the only thing in the way between the Zangoose and their target coiled around your ankle. Soon you find yourself forced to blink, as a powerful light emanates from Marvel enough to rival the spotlights you were used to in your previous line of work, appearing to affect the Cat Ferrets simply by the effect of its aura.

This gives Polka enough of an opening to use his own widespread attack, releasing a spray of frigid gusts at the enemies. The move pales in comparison to Marvel's move, but it achieved the desired effect - the Zangoose shudder and shake, not pleased at having to weather the chilly move. As if to make their dissatisfaction known the Zangoose promptly lunge over Polka and Marvel, ignoring their immediate combatants, and you feel your voice die in your throat - they're headed right for you, in malicious Pursuit of their nemesis. You raise your arms, anticipating the blow.

"Follow Me!" Andrew's order comes in time, as Marvel swoops in front of your face, taking the Zangoose by surprise as he catches both their strikes. The floating fairy shakes its assailants off onto the grassy ground, apparently not too bothered by the underhanded attack, and this gives Polka the chance to douse one of them with a jet of water.

"Honestly, I'm not completely comfortable doing this," Andrew addresses the Zangoose. "But I'm not going to step aside and permit you to hurt us as you please. Marvel, Magical Leaf into Fairy Wind!"
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:03 AM   #15
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar
 
uhhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metaverse
Posts: 1,465
Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
While Siobahn had declared war against the two Zangoose, the wild Cat Ferrets preferred to go directly after their intended target, which spelt all sort of trouble for Siobahn. It was one thing to leave her modeling career, but if she get herself badly wounded here, then she'd have a hard time going back to being a model with all the scars and whatnot. At least Andrew was providing support and to no surprise, he and his Togetic were far more battle-hardened than her and Polka. They'll just have to settle with playing second fiddle to them at least. Still, Siobahn had to address the main problem presented to her:

"They're after me... or rather, after the Seviper. Damn, do they really hate each other that much to ignore everything else around them?" Siobahn wonders aloud before turning to the snake around her, "And watch that tail Seviper! I swear If I find so much as a single cut on my skin, you'll wish you were beaten up by the Zangoose instead!" while Siobahn didn't like the fact that she was caught in the crossfire of their feud, she knew that the Zangoose needed to be stopped in some form. She realizes though, that as long as the Seviper was still in the field, Siobahn knew that the Zangoose would continually ignore both Polka and Marvel and head straight for her and the snake, no matter their efforts. With the Seviper still being too weak and terrified to move, Siobahn knew that there was only one way for the Seviper to disappear from the Zangoose.

The only problem with her idea? She wasn't sure if the Seviper would agree to it.

"Hey," Siobahn attempts to get the Seviper's attention, "Listen, those Zangoose are going to be targeting you, and me by extension, and I know neither of us want that happening. Want to be away from the Zangoose? Then I've got a proposition for you," she says as she brings out a Pokeball, "Get in here. I promise I'll let you free once we knock these buffoons out, but right now I think it would be both in our best interest if you get in right at this second, what do you say?"

Meanwhile, while she gives the Seviper time to think, she quickly commanded Polka once more, "Polka, Growl at 'em to show that we mean business, and keep freezing 'em with your Icy Wind! Keep them away from me!"
__________________



WF
Fitz/Siobahn



Spoiler: show
FB

PASBL

uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:19 AM   #16
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,032
Caught in an unwitting crossfire against your will and stuck in the most inconvenient of positions, you decide that nipping the bud of the Donphan in the room is the best immediate solution. Warning the Seviper to watch itself, you offer it solace and safety in a PokéBall while directing Polka to hold back the Zangoose. The suggestion catches Andrew's attention as he throws you a quick, thoughtful glance, as though he's about to say something - but then he apparently opts not to. Seviper blinks at you, considering what you have to say... then it leans towards your hand, ready to escape through the capsule.

"Zan!"

You hear the Zangoose's battlecry over Polka's growling and the whoosh of wind, but what you don't expect is the Cat Ferret ignoring Polka and Marvel and headed right for your direction - specifically, for your hand. You feel a bristle of fur against your hand as the surprise and momentum of the blow is enough to knock you askew, throwing you and Seviper to the ground, but more importantly, breaking the grip your fingers have on the PokéBall. You feel Seviper press its head on your calf, frantically shaking almost like it's apologetic; in retaliation you witness another burst of light and ice released from your allies. Quickly as you can, you try to push yourself upwards before you get attacked again, grabbing onto Andrew's outstretched hand as he pulls you back to standing.

"Marvel, use Sweet Kiss!" At Andrew's command, the Togetic begins breathing a series of energy blips from its mouth, forming into heart shapes as they coalesce in mid-air and shatter over the Normal-type foes. The ferocity and bloodlust in their eyes instantly dull as their gazes glaze over, and the two Zangoose begin swaying on their feet, no longer cognisant enough to pursue you or Seviper.

"That was a good attempt, Siobhan. Not without its risks, but I think you have the right general idea," he remarks. "...It might be easier to contain the Zangoose instead, given that the Zangoose have marked you as Seviper's protector. We'll have to defeat them and as soon as possible; all these Pokémon deserve some medical attention, and the confusion won't hold them for long." He raises his hand to give another order. "Magical Leaf, Marvel, then Brick Break to the Zangoose on the left!"
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Golden Lands


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.