UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Golden Lands

Old 01-24-2017, 11:53 AM   #1
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Greninja Running Away from the Runway

"All right, we're good to go Polk--- hey wait for me! Don't go wandering off now!"

It had been yesterday since Siobahn had arrived in the Johto region, specifically, Olivine City. Today marked the first official day of her life as a Pokemon trainer, as she left the world of fashion and her career as a model on hiatus. It was a sudden decision that shocked her friends and colleagues that they wondered if she was being insane (again). Some of her friends were supportive of her idea though and even gave her a Pokemon to start with. In all honesty, Siobahn wanted to try something new and thrilling and felt that this was the way to go. She hoped that the total makeover her friends had done to her was enough to make her unrecognizable though.

"Geez, really eager aren't you? Do you even know where we're going?" the young frog before her gave an apologetic and embarrassed look to which Siobahn giggled, "Hehe, thought so. I understand the feeling though, the first day of our new adventure and all that! If only our starting point was less... gray," she said noticing the industrial feel of the city itself, though the Froakie couldn't really care less, "I've seen all kinds of places in my line of work and no offense to Olivine but honestly, this is not the kind of scenery I want to start with, you know? Not much we can do about it now though," Siobahn shrugged as she began walking away from the Pokemon Center, with Polka leaping up towards her shoulder.

"Say, why don't we head towards Ecruteak, Polka? I heard something about a swarm of Pokemon there or whatever last night and the forest there's quite a sight to see. Sounds like something Trainers would go to! Might be worth checking out right?"

The Froakie croaked in approval; anything to get his trainer to get a move on already really. If there was one thing he didn't like about travelling with Siobahn, it was that his trainer took way too much time to prepare herself. He'd have to convince her to spend less time in front of the mirror some other time, but for now Polka was content with Siobahn having decided on a destination as the duo made their way out of Olivine and towards Ecruteak.

WF
Fitz/Siobahn

Spoiler: show
FB

PASBL

Last edited by Jerichi; 05-18-2017 at 06:03 PM.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:53 AM   #2
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Your debut as a Trainer from a fashion model begins anew after years of planning and delay - which in turn means that while you arrived in Johto's port city, you have other plans for which runway you want to strut down, considering Olivine's heavily industrialised landscape much less appealing. Perhaps due to his hasty inclinations, Polka is already egging you on to leave, and eventually you wade through the city of metal and concrete to the outskirts of rust and chain, proceeding away from the city limits.

As the scent of smog and petrol fades away you take a deep breath of forest air - far more relaxing, and probably healthier than the bustling, mechanical aura surrounding Olivine. The transition feels almost surreal, but there you are walking among the trees, majestic pillars of nature sporting ethereally glittering leaves. You nearly feel as though you might get lost in here, but then wasn't that part of why you left the limelight in the first place - to get away from it all?

"Excuse me!"

You bite your lip slightly. The city didn't raise any unpleasant encounters, but did you somehow manage to get recognised through your immaculate disguise? Before you can decide where to pull a disappearing act a man has you in his line of sight and waves his hand at you. Then again, you don't really feel any animosity from the stranger - maybe it's the viridian, wool-knit sweater he has or the gently floating Togetic next to his shoulder, but for some reason you notice the messy matted condition of his hair like he's slept on it the wrong way for too long. His smiling expression purses his eyes almost shut like he's half asleep.

"I hope I didn't startle you, miss," he greets you with a polite bow. "I've been on the lookout for the assistance of wandering Trainers on behalf of our Leader, Auguste... if it's not too much trouble, might I ask for your help?"
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:37 AM   #3
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar

"Oooh, now that feels much better! It's really nice to go out in the great outdoors like this, wouldn't you say Polka?"

After having left Olivine, Siobahn and Polka began their travels towards Ecruteak, leaving behind the industrious city and towards a more natural environment. The scenery of the forest felt relaxing to the duo as they happily walked the main road. It's until a man and his Togetic tries to get their attention that Siobahn was startled from their walk.

"Excuse me!"

'Oh crap, already?!' Siobahn thought as she panicked, 'Was I really that recognizable even through my disguise?' she shook her head and bit her lip at the hasty thought.

'Wait no, what are you thinking Siobahn?! Maybe he just wants directions o-or something. Yeah that's it, that's probably it! I can't just assume that everyone and their mother knows about the fashion industry... well, actually, probably their mother does but still...!'

Meanwhile, sitting on her shoulder, Polka has an up close and personal look at his trainer's expression and shook his head, knowing how panicked she must be right now. He knew about how she had to have a complete makeover just so she would be incognito from her life as a fashion model and he completely understands why she was panicking from being called out of the blue. Still, with her expression Siobahn was basically making it obvious that something was off about her at the very least and it was up to the little frog to snap her out of it.

Poking her cheek, the Froakie tries to get her attention to at the very least not appear strange to the man, "Huh? Oh right. Act natural... act natural..."

"Y-yes, is there something you need?" Siobahn nervously asks the man, hoping that he did not recognize her through advertisements or magazines or anything like that. Still her nervousness was all too apparent and Polka croaked in disappointment. A great model she may be, but Siobahn made for a terrible actress. There's a reason why she never pursued an acting career, even with her good looks. Polka just hopes that that's all that the man can see from her.

Thankfully, either the man didn't notice it, or he was too polite to point it out. Polka placed his bet on the latter.

"I hope I didn't startle you, miss," the man and the Togetic greets the pair with a polite bow. "I've been on the lookout for the assistance of wandering Trainers on behalf of our Leader, Auguste... if it's not too much trouble, might I ask for your help?"

"O-oh, you just wanted to ask for assistance! Right, of course. that's all you wanted. Hahaha..." Siobahn laughed nervously. At least he didn't recognize her right away. Still, it was probably for the best that she didn't act suspicious, "Right, assistance! What you asked me about, yes? Yeah, that's right. What do you need help for exactly?"

WF
Fitz/Siobahn

FB

PASBL

Last edited by uhhhhh; 05-17-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #4
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Your heart briefly flutters as the possibility of being recognised flashes in your head like a blaring siren, until Polka tries his best to set you straight. You nervously titter on, unsure of whether or not to maintain eye contact, but the stranger regards you with a constant gaze and reassuring smile.

"Well, before explanations, I should introduce myself," he says. "Andrew Perennia, Gym Trainer of the Ecruteak City Gym. Pardon me if I'm being presumptuous, but... would I be correct in guessing you came in search of rare Pokémon swarms?"

The query raises your eyebrow, considering how on the mark it is.

"You wouldn't be the first Trainer to do so - in fact, Trainer traffic has been somewhat frantic in the Golden Forest for the past few months or so due to the event," Andrew chuckles, before his expression turns slightly serious. "Interesting as it's been, we've had quite a bit of trouble every so often. It's not just the increased flux of people, some of whom were less than savoury - but more importantly, our leader Auguste has been concerned about how long the swarm is taking to migrate. If it goes on for much longer, it might irreparably affect the local ecosystem for the worse.

"Normally, that's where Trainers would come in, but we strangely we haven't had many outsiders go through the forest recently, and our team at the gym are still picking things up after a major Berry shortage," he adds. "And... truth be told, there's been one specimen that our Trainers have been having issues with. We're Trainers of Fairy-types, and from what I heard, this Pokémon left my colleagues' fighters all rather ill, so I was looking to solicit a little backup." Andrew scratches the back of his head as his Togetic shudders. "Still, I wouldn't blame you if you declined. Most Trainers would walk away from such an awkward request out of the blue."
Old 05-19-2017, 10:58 AM   #5
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar

"Er... yes, I've only got Polka here you see," Siobahn gestures to her Froakie who croaked in reply, the woman having now calmed down from the scare of potentially being found out. "We've heard of the swarm here and we thought we could have another Pokemon to tag along with us. That's... probably not a surprise either, is it?" Siobahn scratched her head as she could only weakly chuckle before sighing.

It was then that Andrew explains their situation to her. With the swarm not dying out anytime soon, the gym trainer expressed concern on what it can to to their city's ecosystem and more importantly how a certain species of Pokemon was giving them trouble. Siobahn paid attention to every word he said and once he finished, she gave her two cents.

"Ill? I take it you mean you have Poison-type issues then. Makes sense, seeing as, as you say, you folks are Fairy trainers," Siobahn commented as she takes a quick glance on the Togetic beside him and raised a brow, "Look Andrew, I'll be frank. I've literally just started and all and I'm not really sure what me and Polka can do to help you guys. All I know are from books and such and I haven't had much hands-on experience myself. Still, looks like you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here if you haven't had much luck in getting help..." Siobahn paused at her own words and groaned, "Yeesh, did I just refer that to myself? 'Bottom of the barrel', really? God, this is so weird..." it was at this point that she realizes what it means to having jumped from a successful professional model to a total amateur of a Pokemon Trainer. Still, if Siobahn was going to commit to this Trainer shtick, then this is a perfect opportunity to begin her journey, right?

"Oh all right, this'll probably make for some decent trainer experience anyway. Gotta start somewhere and all that! The name's Siobahn, and you've got yourself a deal," the ex-model exclaims before shaking Andrew's hand. While she was keeping her model persona hidden, she had no qualms in giving out her real name. Thank goodness she had the foresight of using a stage name in her career. "So, Mr. Gym Trainer, where do we start?"

WF
Fitz/Siobahn

FB

PASBL

Old 05-20-2017, 04:37 AM   #6
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

"Ah, thank you very much, Siobahn. The truth is, I was partially on the lookout for where the Pokémon might have been - regrettably, my colleagues did not manage to have a good look on the Pokémon in question, aside from the fact that it is venomous in nature," Andrew nods as he accepts your handshake. "If you'll pardon me for not telling you earlier; I was intending to gauge your willingness without overwhelming you with information. ...Not that we've had a lot to work with," he sighs.

"All we know is that this Pokémon in question is likely a Poison-type, and a part of the swarm incidences - since the local ecosystem doesn't have them, and the species that do live here aren't familiar with poisoning their enemies," explains Andrew, as he leads you off the path. "What's troubling is that we've had several cases of wild Pokémon getting poisoned in encounters with this assailant - and as you can imagine, it's bad news for many of the Grass and Fairy Pokémon who live here. While our Trainers' Pokémon can still be healed in the Centre, the Berry shortage means that we can't treat all the wild poisoning incidents as we'd like."

Andrew pauses, in words and steps, and you stop to realise that your group has stopped at a junction of trodden passageways. "This is close to where the last incident took place - several Deerling had to be brought back to town so the nurse could attempt treatment," explains the Gym Trainer. "...Or at least I think so. You've probably noticed the Golden Forest isn't really a place for landmarks."

You take a moment to glance at the three passageways splitting off into different directions. On one side you smell a faintly fresh, yet bitter aroma - blinking, you feel slightly rejuvenated all of a sudden, but you're not quite sure why. On the opposite, you find that shards of bark and leaves have littered the forest floor, apparently sliced in pieces by some violent manouevre. The last passage is lined with trees that appear to be dripping with some dark purple substance - strangely enough, it seems to have been marked with cross-like patterns, but is otherwise unremarkable.

"I'm not sure which of these routes could lead us to our mystery Pokémon," frowns Andrew. "They all look pretty suspicious, but I'd really rather not have to end up investigating all of them..."
Old 05-23-2017, 07:04 AM   #7
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar

Having accepted Andrew's request, Siobahn and Polka joined him and his Togetic to venture deeper into the Golden Forest. As they traveled, Andrew explained to the ex-model all the details he could possibly give her. While the poison is manageable enough on normal situations, the fact that they were still recovering from a berry shortage made treating the wild Pokemon more difficult.

As Andrew had finished his explanation, their group stopped at a junction. This is where Andrew explains where the last poisoning incident took place---or at least close to it. Each of the presented three paths had something distinctive to them and the Gym Trainer had no clue on where to go next.

"Well, it's not the best idea but why don't we just pick something and get it over with?" Siobahn chimed, "If even you're clueless as to where to go, then I'm just even worse at it. Let's see, eenie-meenie... wha--hey, Polka what are you-," before Siobahn could even stop her Froakie, the little blue frog leaped off of her shoulder and hopped his way over to the path with the purple substance. Too impatient to even give Siobahn the time to pick, he had made the decision himself for them.

"Oh no, not again... damnit Polka, when will you ever--ughhhh! Would it kill you to wait even just for a second?!" the ex-model sighs before turning to Andrew, "Well, can't say I appreciate that but it looks like the decision's made for the both of us... sorry about that Andrew, but we better hurry before Polka does something stupid again," with that, Siobahn dashed towards the third path to catch up to Polka.

WF
Fitz/Siobahn

FB

PASBL

Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM   #8
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

"I guess it has," Andrew returns your sigh, though you note he can't hide a slight smile. "I suppose that's what happens when my lack of assertion comes back to bite me." The conversation has to pause for the moment as you chase after Polka, scattering leaves and dirt in his wake as he hops ahead like an overwound toy. Every so often you lose sight of him, but at least the path is sufficiently linear - you can make out the trail of violet ooze marking the trees, so it isn't likely for you to get lost.

What you do not expect is what lies at the end of the brief chase. Sighting your Froakie halting in his tracks gives you the opportunity to stop for breath, but as you look at the dribble of purple substance, you finally see what it originated from - it deviates away from the last tree it's marked, leaving a dribble that ends up pooling at the end of a damp, brush-like tail. Its owner lies sprawled towards the sky, a discoloured tongue hanging limply from its open, groaning mouth.

"A Smeargle... and it's been poisoned. Looks like the stuff on the trees was the secretion Smeargle use to communicate," mutters Andrew, leaning over to inspect the fallen Pokémon. "...Another victim of the poison. It's a good thing for it we came across it in time; it probably wouldn't survive if it'd been left alone like this. Marvel, I need you to use your Wish on Smeargle; we need to keep it conscious."

Quickly and obediently the floating fairy descends upon the poisoned Normal-type, extending its faintly glowing hands to its patient as it closes its eyes. You walk over to Polka, who looks back at you impatiently before darting his gaze around. Folding your arms, you take a turn at glancing about yourself when a snap and rustle catches your attention. An abrupt turn towards where you think you heard the breaking sound gives you a fleeting look of a sharp, dagger-like extension from behind a tree, followed by the rustling of leaves. Andrew and Marvel don't seem to have noticed, while Polka looks up at you expectantly...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Golden Lands