UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #301
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Forest of Mystery – Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ This Ekans had risked a lot coming back to you especially since it had been an instrument in your suffering. It looked more than sorry though and seemed to be asking for forgiveness hanging its head low as it spoke. Orchrist was initially on guard but as it spoke she relaxed a little especially at your warning, she could take it out anyway if it tried anything and it was aware of that. It finished its speech, the most words it probably had ever spoken being forced to silence and servitude under the wrath of that maniac Arbok; you only hoped it would meet its end rather painfully and as soon as possible. Orchrist translates for you and as she points to your Pokeballs you feel a smile grace your lips; perhaps today would not be a total loss. You reach into your bag and pull out an empty red and white sphere enlarging it as you answer the snake’s question. It looks up and holds back the tears in its eyes at your speech and as Pokemon could better understand humans than you could them it was moved by your words.

”Oh my new master, words are not enough. I will fight forever for you to prove my worth and not make you regret this day. I will fight in my sister’s name and for all those who died here today. It has been a long time since I have left joy such as this.” It wept but a smile was on its lips as it slithered towards you nudging the ball in your hand. It converts to light as its sucked inside its new home, the ball doesn’t even wiggly but ‘dings’ to signify a new capture for you and a new chapter for the Level 07, Male Ekans. Orchrist seemed pleased with your decision for many different reasons. Feeling a renewed sense of joy at your small victory you walk back towards Kurthnaga, it was time for you all to leave this retched forest and begin your new relationships together.

With Ekans’ capture you have unlocked your rights to the Egg House (I will need a link to his Pokeball however). Once you have replied to this update you are released from the Arcane Realm and free to post in the other zones FB has to offer. It was a pleasure updating you I hope you have fun with all your new adventures to come.
Pokémon could better understand human language and Ekans looked truly moved by Balmund's words, holding back the tears in its eyes as it looked up.

"Oh my new master, words are not enough. I will fight forever for you to prove my worth and not make you regret this day. I will fight in my sister's name and for all those who died here today. It has been a long time since I have felt joy such as this." It wept, but a smile was on its lips as it slithered towards Balmund. Nudging the ball in his hand, Ekans converts to light as its sucked inside its new home, the ball dinging almost immediately afterwards to signify its capture, marking the start of this new and unexpected relationship.

Balmund and Orchrist both turn to each other with a smile before heading back towards Kurthnaga, the resting Aerodactyl raising its head as they both near the clearing. No words are spoken, but Kurth smiles a bit too as he sees them in a more cheerful mood. Riding onto the Aerodactyl's back, Balmund gently taps Kurth twice and soon the fossil Pokémon spreads his wings and takes off into the sky. Looking back, Balmund sighs as he recalls the events that took place on this day. Neither him nor Orchrist will ever forget one of their greatest adventures ever; the forest of adventure truly living up to its name.

Arc, thank you so much for this adventure. It was a blast!

(Also noting that the link to Pokéball has been edited in the previous post)

Last edited by Balmund; 06-16-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:50 AM   #302
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Quote:
Mediville – Please reply in lemonchiffon

Salamencia ~ You could only being to think that you were being manipulated into helping these people time and time again even if they were not aware of it. You had come here for an adventure and to train Vulcan and although you had a chance for a battle and had seen a great show you were about to play spy for the circus folk and put yourself in a dangerous position. They were good people however and you couldn’t help but to agree to snoop on the ringmaster to discover why he was acting the way he was. The circus performers collectively thank you for agreeing to help them and look about nervously hearing approaching voices.

“We need to be quick,” Laura says, “We’ll have to get back to training before they discover any of this,” she says backing up to look around for the source of the voices.

“The ringmaster’s caravan looks like the regular staff caravans but with a mural of the Pokemon performers on the side, its at the far end of grounds,” Tyler explains.

“If you want to get there without being seen it would be best to go between the equipment trailers, they’re large enough to conceal you then turn off behind the Donphan pen and you should see it from there. Good Luck.”

“We’ve got to go now,” Laura said pulling the two boys away from you rushing them towards their training stations. The voices grown louder and you pull Vulcan off towards where you hope the equipment trailers are. You weave in and out of the staff caravan’s thankful that they were empty with the enforced extra training sessions. You take a moment to catch you breath and think about your plan whilst Vulcan nervously looks around in your arms before pulling at your shirt and pointing to the right. You follow his line of sight and spot the large equipment trailers and begin to make your way towards them as stealthily as possible. You notice again that the area was practically empty apart from a couple of roadies who were making a routine inspection. You wait for an opportune moment before dashing between the trailers almost holding your breath for fear they would hear you. You hear the click of the doors as they enter the trailers and run to the end of the line on pure adrenaline wanting to get far away from them. Gasping for breath you look back and forth looking for the next path to take and spot an open with several sleeping Donphan inside. You slowly make your way into the open scouring the surroundings for their tamers, considering that they were ordered to train you were on edge. Not spotting anyone around you take a risk and run to the pen before crouching by the fence and crawling around the outside hoping that if a tamer appeared you would not be spotted in your small position. It was taking longer than you’d like and when Vulcan sneezed nearly waking a nearby Donphan you though you were going to pass out from the panic but made it safely to the end just as their tamer arrived.

You think over how lucky you were when you spotted the caravan you were searching for. You slowly walk towards it and gasp darting to the side as you spot something odd. There were a pair of Drowzee standing by the door like little yellow guards. You hadn’t noticed any of those psychics used in the act and wondered where they had come from. You lean against the side of the vehicle wondering what to do next when you hear a voice from inside that was hauntingly familiar. You stand up on a nearby crate and peer into the window and your eyes widen in shock as you spot the familiar long coat wrapped around the creepy guy from earlier. He was leering at the ringmaster who looked dazed like before.

“You played your part well my puppet,” he sneered at the ringmaster who bowed to him.
“It won’t be long before you and your circus makes me very rich and after it does it will suffer a little accident but that’s the way this business goes, isn’t it,” he smiles cruelly at the ringmaster who looks torn. The man frowns and another Drowzee steps forward its eyes glowing blue as the ringmaster looks dazed again nodding obediently. It was obvious that this creep was controlling the ringmaster and wanting nothing more than to run the circus into the ground whilst taking all the profit, you had to tell someone!

You turn around and stumble off the crate cursing as you land on your ankle awkwardly but it was Vulcan’s squeak of alarm that distracted you away from the throbbing pain. The guard-Drowzee were standing before you looking angrily down at you. You could hear movement inside the caravan and felt the rising panic that the mad man had heard the commotion. You can’t risk being hypnotized too otherwise the others would never discover the trickery. What would you do?
“We need to be quick. We’ll have to get back to training before they discover any of this,” Laura said, looking around, as voices could be heard approaching.

“The ringmaster’s caravan looks like the regular staff caravans but with a mural of the Pokemon performers on the side, its at the far end of grounds,” Tyler said, “If you want to get there without being seen it would be best to go between the equipment trailers, they’re large enough to conceal you then turn off behind the Donphan pen and you should see it from there. Good Luck”. Sal simply nodded in response, so as to not attract attention.

“We’ve got to go now,” Laura said, and she pulled the boys away, towards their training areas. The voices were getting louder, so Sal picked Vulcan up and ran, hoping he was running towards the correct trailers. He ran in between the various staff caravans, feeling fortunate that all of the performers were out training. He stopped to catch his breath and think of a plan, while Vulcan looked around to try and find the trailers. He tugged on Sal’s shirt a few moments after, and pointed to their right. Sal followed his Cyndaquil’s line of sight, and noticed what he assumed to be the equipment trailers. He ran towards them as silently as he could. The surrounding area was again fairly empty, apart from two people who seemed to be patrolling the area. He waited for them to return to their caravans, before dashing past them as quickly as possible. Once again catching his breath, he looked around for the next path, and noticed a pen containing some sleeping Donphan. He slowly walked towards the pen, looking around for the tamers, as they were supposed to be training. Not seeing anyone, he risked running to the pen, hiding behind the fence. He slowly crawled around it, trying desperately to avoid waking the Donphan. Vulcan sneezed, nearly waking one of them, and Sal panicked, thinking he would faint from shock. He managed to make it to the end, however, and continued walking in that general direction, looking for the caravan, and pleased with his luck thus far.

A few minutes later, he found the caravan he was looking for, and started walking towards it. He noticed two yellow things, however, and ran to cover. He took the time to look again, and noticed that the “things” were a pair of Drowzee that he hadn’t seen in the circus act before. Wondering what was going on, he leaned on the side of the caravan, before he heard a chilling voice that sounded vaguely familiar. He stood on a crate that was conveniently nearby, and looked through the window. He almost gasped, instantly recognising the cold man that he had run into before.

“You played your part well my puppet,” he said, and the ringmaster bowed in return.

“It won’t be long before you and your circus makes me very rich and after it does it will suffer a little accident but that’s the way this business goes, isn’t it?” he said, smiling nastily. The ringmaster looked upset, at which point another Drowzee stepped into Sal’s view, its eyes glowing, and the ringmaster nodded, with the same empty look in his eyes. ’Strange, I never knew that Hypnosis could work on humans…’ Sal thought in astonishment, before the facts hit him. ’Wait… damn, so this is what’s going on! I need to tell someone,’

Sal turned, and fell off the crate, landing on his ankle. “Damn it!” he said, and Vulcan squeaked in terror. Sal looked up, and saw that the guard Drowzee were right in front of him. He also heard some movement from inside the caravan, thinking that the hypnotist had heard him. ’Now what am I going to do?’, Sal thought to himself. He closed his eyes and covered Vulcan’s eyes, to try and block the Hypnosis, in case these ones could use it as well, as he tried to come up with a plan to get away from this place. He pulled out a Pokéball, calling Vulcan back inside, hoping that his idea would work. “Myste, help me out here,” he said softly, trying not to arouse the hypnotist’s suspicion, pulling out another Pokéball, and his Poliwag appeared from inside. “Myste, use Hypnosis to keep these guys from doing anything,” he whispered, as he limped away, carrying the tadpole Pokémon in his arms, looking for a hiding place and hoping that the mad man wouldn’t leave the caravan until he was out of sight.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #303
Pokemaniacneo
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Pokemaniacneo ~ Faced with two options in the choice of directions you think carefully over which path you were going to take. Soon though your thoughts turn to the cold hearted hunters, you shiver as you recall their shiny metal weapons pointed at you and the damage they could have caused. Was taking them on head on really a good idea, Maurice certainly didn’t think so. You had other Pokemon with you, ones that could instil the fear of God into any man but this wasn’t the suited environment for them. You soon discover though that your brother had left you a Pokeball with a new Pokemon in it and release the Vespiquen from her confines. You begin to feel a little more confident with the bee at your side hoping she would be able to help you scout the area for the injured Tropius. Maurice seems happy with the idea of having someone else do the work but doesn’t like her ignorance of him, like he was unimportant. With a huff he crosses his arms and resists the urge to Ember her for her behaviour. Unaware of the silent conflict between you Pokemon you catch Vespiquen up on the recent happenings and instruct her to follow the trail of blood.

The three of you proceed through the forest Vespiquen taking the lead searching for further signs of blood on the ground or bushes as she buzzes through the air. She points out some more blood on the ground and continues on with the trail. After a few moments of walking Vespiquen stops and flits through the bushes to your right and you hastily follow her not wanting to lose your brother’s gift. You find her in a very small clearing staring at an injured Pokemon up ahead lying against a tree, and was about to congratulate her when you notice that it wasn’t Tropius but the same Ariados from before. It hissed in pain barely making it to its spindly legs looking at you warily. You could tell it was nervous around you, probably due to the hunters roaming around the forest and approach it slowly showing it that you meant no harm. It was injured and you had two Pokemon that could defend you should things turn awry.

It stared at you intensely as you got within reach and you notice that it had part of one leg missing now left with a bloody stump that was just about healing. Maurice feeling a little braver asks how it got its injury and it hisses out angrily and Maurice nods in understanding, you guess that it must have been the hunters from the way they were talking. Ariados begins to speak feeling a little more confident that you were not going to hurt it and Vespiquen this time translates as best as she can but you couldn’t understand her to well either. Maurice mimes a rocking motion in his arms and you wonder if he could mean babies and he nods. He then makes a gun shape and a shooting noise and you begin to put two and two together, the hunter had either take or killed this spiders children but from the gleam of hope in its eyes you guessed that it was the former. The hunters were really terrorising the forest and it wasn’t the Tropius that had suffered. The Ariados speaks to your Pokemon again before limping off in one direction looking at you expectantly. It looked like it wanted you to follow it, perhaps it knew where the hunters were camping and saw you as a thread of hope on getting it children back. Would you be willing to follow it however, it could be leading you to more danger than you could handle but if the hunters had caught up to Tropius this may lead you to it.
"I-it's... a mother?!" Alfons turned to Maurice, a shocked expression plastering his normally goofy-looking face. It was becoming more and more apparent that the suffering was not just exclusive, this realization did nothing but anger the boy raising to his full height. "Do they honestly think people like that can get away with something like THIS?!" Maurice frowned and Vespiquen merely gave him a perplexed look, amused at the sudden outburst but still glanced over to the Aridos, sympathy and a more controlled anger in her own eyes. "Don't worry, we won't let them harm anything else in this forest! I promise!" He gave his two Pokemon an exptant look, Maurice nodding nervously whilst Vespiquen gave a more solem nod of agreement. This problem wasn't going to solve itself and it seemed that the only way he could be of any help was to get in way over his own head but that had never stopped him before. It didn't matter to him what lurked beyond, he had his own Pokemon and one his brother had raised personally, which merely aided in boosting the boys confidence, as if he was there in a sense.

Getting injured or even dying was no longer crossing the boy's one track mind, he was focused on one thing - saving the Aridos's children, it had suffered enough as it was and if anything happened to the young spiders it would destroy her, it wasn't something the boy was willing to allow happen. "Look guys, we have to follow Aridos. But I want you to be careful, if you hear anything remotely like a gun shot I want you to duck down as low as you can, or hide behind something. I'm not risking anyting, alright?" his serious tone caught the attention of Maurice who looked at his new trainer, suprised and slighly scared at his sudden change of personality. Vespiquen again looked apathetic, hiding her true concern, once again nodding in agreement. "We should get as close as we can to them; close as possible, got it? From there we can decide the safest option. We'll have to attack at some point so be ready. Good, okay, let's go!" With final nod the three continued on, following the injured spider to... well, they weren't exactly sure but in their minds they hoped, despite their confidence, that it wouldn't be to their deaths. The two Pokemon secretly relieved it wasn't Alfons leading them.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:55 AM   #304
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Umbreon UPN AR Updates Batch 19

Pokemaniacneo ~ After hearing Ariados’ heartbreaking story and seeing her in her injured stated you felt compelled to help her, even if it could mean placing you and your Pokemon in severe danger. You had come face to face with these hunters earlier and they meant business, the image of those silver guns making your heart sink into your stomach. Ariados looked hopeful as she surveyed your team and as you agrees she could hardly hide the joy from her face despite her pain. You advise Charmander and Vespiquen to be on the guard and if they heard any gunshots to make themselves as small as possible, he didn’t want what happened to Ariados to befall your own Pokemon. Ariados moves forward awkwardly on 7 legs and motions for you to follow and you all follow with Charmander in the front and Vespiquen guarding your rear. Ariados weaves in and out of the undergrowth stopping every now and then to get her bearings using her memories of the tragic event to guide her and fortunately you don’t hear a single gunshot or stirring in the bushes. In fact you notice that through your trip through the forest you hadn’t seen another Pokemon, perhaps you were getting close to the hunters and the Pokemon knew better than to venture too close to them.

Soon Ariados disappears through a bush before poking her head back through and nodding behind her. You slowly follow her and notice that there was a clearing a little way ahead of you with a small amount of shrubbery hiding you from view. There were a couple of sturdy looking tents erected and a smouldering camp fire with a metal pot with delicious smelling food cooking inside. This definitely had to be the camp site for the hunters and you guessed that there were only two of them thankful for the small mercy. You wondered how it was that the wild Pokemon had not joined forces and moved to stop these two but assumed that they were scared of the pair, especially with the damage they had already caused. You couldn’t see Tropius or Ariados’ children anywhere and felt a little tingle of despair hoping that they had not killed either of them. Ariados looked at you expectantly waiting for you to act, she didn’t seem to have any further information to help you. In fact she looked rather impatient and you couldn’t help but wonder why, you were helping her out after all. The hunters were nowhere in sight but with food cooking you knew they couldn’t be too far away. You nod to your Pokemon who follow behind you as you creep out from the undergrowth. You slowly approach the campsite your heart beating so loudly with adrenaline the only thing pushing you forward. You nearly jumped out of your skin when Charmander grabbed your trouser leg and pointing behind you. Admonishing him you turn to see that Ariados was no longer with you, in fact she had left altogether raising all you alarm bells. Soon you even thought you heard them and as a siren ripped through the air you nearly shrieked in alarm. You looked down to see a tripwire your foot had caught, you’d set off a trap!

You couldn’t hear the rustling of the bushes as the siren pretty much blasted your eardrums but when it suddenly stopped you blinked in surprise. You hear a movement behind you and swivel around to see the hunters standing their guns pointed at your chest and it took every ounce of strength not to pass out from the sight. Vespiquen and Charmander were eager to protect you but didn’t dare move afraid of the metal objects pointed at them.

“Well, what do we have here?” One hunter said tilting his head as he observed you and your Pokemon.

“What are you doing here kid?” The other questions his eyes narrowed on you not trusting your presence in their camp. You had better have a silver tongue or your Pokemon Adventure could end rather quickly in a nasty sticky mess!

Salamencia ~ With such shocking news you were in a hurry to report back to the others, they were right after al, something fishy was going on. In your rush however you clumsily stumble off the crate landing awkwardly on your ankle causing a yelp of pain to rip from your lips. Vulcan was quickly by your side but he soon became distracted by the 2 guard Drowzee rounding the corner their dark eyes fixing on your prone form. You feel a panic rise to your chest and images of yourself being hypnotised and walked off a cliff flit through your mind and you quickly snap your eyes shut placing your hand over Vulcan’s eyes so he too wouldn’t succumb to the psychic waves. Feeling around your belt you pull off a Pokebal and release it occupant, a small tadpole of the Poliwag species that gives a happy yip before she notices what a state you were in. You whisper to her to use her own Hypnosis to hopefully distract the Drowzee pair and give you time to escape. Myste adjusts herself in your arms and begins to send her own psychic waves towards the guards as you limp back to where you came from where the others were training. You could see that one Drwozee was starting to waver looking pretty tired but the other frowned deeply unaffected by the Hypnosis due to its Insomnia ability. It slapped the other around the face snapping it out of its stupor and growled at you as you fully turn around and run-limp away your plan having failed miserably.

You wince with every step but only hope that the mystery man would not be able to follow you if his little informants went back to let him know of your snooping. Vulcan, clinging tightly onto your shoulder guarding your rear squeaks a warning and you look behind you to see the two Drowzee hurriedly following you; you could only hope that they hadn’t stopped to retrieve their master. You turn back around yell in alarm as you trip over a fence that had marked the Tauros pen and fall onto the soft grass. Myste and Vulcan fall off your body and you see the Drowzee come ever closer as Vulcan and Myste guard your body but soon they became surrounded in a blue glow as they were completely Disabled. Pulling yourself up you stare in horror at your Pokemon, the Drowzee grinning at their handywork. You reach for another Pokeball but a strange feeling surrounds you and you stop unable to move a muscle, you had been disabled too! The Drowzee had hardly broke a sweat, they could easily hold you here until their master arrived and you feel all hope dissolve away. The Drowzee cackle and you hear it echo in your mind as they taunt you over your pathetic state but their laughter soon stops as a loud “AIIIPPAA” sounds behind you. Their eyes move away from you to the sky and you see a flurry of stars fly over your head and strike the pair knocking them back. You suddenly gain control of your body and notice that Vulcan and Myste were also no longer disabled. A purple form lands between you all and chirps happily as it looks behind you. It was an Aipom and if you weren’t mistaken it was the one Vulcan had battled, how had it found you and where was Tyler?

The Drowzee pair pick themselves up and glare at the four of you taking fighting poses as your Pokemon and Aipom follow suit. If Aipom was here you were sure Tyler would come looking for it, if you could hold out in battle you could reveal the truth of these horrid changes to him and stop this madness.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:35 PM   #305
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Quote:

Salamencia ~ With such shocking news you were in a hurry to report back to the others, they were right after al, something fishy was going on. In your rush however you clumsily stumble off the crate landing awkwardly on your ankle causing a yelp of pain to rip from your lips. Vulcan was quickly by your side but he soon became distracted by the 2 guard Drowzee rounding the corner their dark eyes fixing on your prone form. You feel a panic rise to your chest and images of yourself being hypnotised and walked off a cliff flit through your mind and you quickly snap your eyes shut placing your hand over Vulcan’s eyes so he too wouldn’t succumb to the psychic waves. Feeling around your belt you pull off a Pokebal and release it occupant, a small tadpole of the Poliwag species that gives a happy yip before she notices what a state you were in. You whisper to her to use her own Hypnosis to hopefully distract the Drowzee pair and give you time to escape. Myste adjusts herself in your arms and begins to send her own psychic waves towards the guards as you limp back to where you came from where the others were training. You could see that one Drwozee was starting to waver looking pretty tired but the other frowned deeply unaffected by the Hypnosis due to its Insomnia ability. It slapped the other around the face snapping it out of its stupor and growled at you as you fully turn around and run-limp away your plan having failed miserably.

You wince with every step but only hope that the mystery man would not be able to follow you if his little informants went back to let him know of your snooping. Vulcan, clinging tightly onto your shoulder guarding your rear squeaks a warning and you look behind you to see the two Drowzee hurriedly following you; you could only hope that they hadn’t stopped to retrieve their master. You turn back around yell in alarm as you trip over a fence that had marked the Tauros pen and fall onto the soft grass. Myste and Vulcan fall off your body and you see the Drowzee come ever closer as Vulcan and Myste guard your body but soon they became surrounded in a blue glow as they were completely Disabled. Pulling yourself up you stare in horror at your Pokemon, the Drowzee grinning at their handywork. You reach for another Pokeball but a strange feeling surrounds you and you stop unable to move a muscle, you had been disabled too! The Drowzee had hardly broke a sweat, they could easily hold you here until their master arrived and you feel all hope dissolve away. The Drowzee cackle and you hear it echo in your mind as they taunt you over your pathetic state but their laughter soon stops as a loud “AIIIPPAA” sounds behind you. Their eyes move away from you to the sky and you see a flurry of stars fly over your head and strike the pair knocking them back. You suddenly gain control of your body and notice that Vulcan and Myste were also no longer disabled. A purple form lands between you all and chirps happily as it looks behind you. It was an Aipom and if you weren’t mistaken it was the one Vulcan had battled, how had it found you and where was Tyler?

The Drowzee pair pick themselves up and glare at the four of you taking fighting poses as your Pokemon and Aipom follow suit. If Aipom was here you were sure Tyler would come looking for it, if you could hold out in battle you could reveal the truth of these horrid changes to him and stop this madness.
The blue tadpole in Sal’s arms let out hypnotic waves from her eyes, as Sal slowly retreated. The move seemed to be working, as one of the Drowzee started to look quite tired. However, the other was completely unaffected. It frowned and slapped its comrade, waking it up rather rudely. The two then turned their attention back to Sal. Sal was a little shocked that the move didn’t work, and reached for his Pokédex for an explanation. “Ah, so Drowzee can have Insomnia. That makes sense, although it makes my situation that much worse…” he whispered to himself, now quite scared by the current situation. He limped away as quick as he could, half hoping the Drowzee would turn back and try to alert their master, which would give Sal time to escape.

He winced as he walked, the pain in his ankle getting almost unbearable. However, the sole thought of being caught and letting this madman continue kept him going. Vulcan, who had taken a position on Sal’s shoulder to keep an eye on what was happening behind Sal, suddenly squeaked in shock. Sal turned his head to see the two Drowzee following him. ’Damn, they caught up already. I just hope they’re on their own, or who knows what’ll happen…’, he thought. Suddenly, he tripped over a fence enclosing the Tauros pen he had hidden behind earlier, and yelled out in surprise. Fortunately for him, it seemed that there was no-one around, as he sighed with relief. Myste and Vulcan had fallen to the ground in the process, and took defensive stances as the Drowzee approached, ready to fight. The Drowzee simply grinned, however, and Sal’s two Pokémon glowed with a blue light as they froze in place. “This… it’s Disable, right?” he asked himself, as he tried to remember the moves Drowzee could learn. ’Ok, then let’s try this,’ he muttered to himself, and he reached for a third Pokéball. However, before he could even pick the Pokéball up, he was surrounded by the same blue aura he had seen around his Pokémon. Now he had been Disabled too. The Drowzee didn’t seem remotely tired from Disabling 3 targets without a break, and Sal knew he had to do something with these Pokémon before their trainer arrived. However, his hope faded as he remembered he couldn’t move at all, and the Drowzee cackled, seeming delighted at their handiwork. However, a sudden cry coming from behind Sal silenced the two Psychics.

“AIIIPPAA!” With that, Sal’s captors turned their attention to a point in the air, shortly before being showered by a fast stream of stars. As the Drowzee lost focus, the Disable wore off and Sal’s body loosened up. He looked down to his Pokémon, who were also free to move. A purple creature then landed in front of Sal, happily chattering as it turned to look at him. Sal recognised it as an Aipom, and immediately suspected it was one of Tyler’s. He looked around, but there was no sign of the tamer. ’So Aipom came here on its own… I wonder if it’s the one I faced earlier then,’ he thought, as he wondered what the familiar face was doing here.

The Drowzee collected their thoughts and stood themselves back up, glaring at the four opponents stood before them. Sal and the Pokémon took fighting positions. “Ok, it appears that the only way out of this is to battle,” he said, and he turned to Aipom. “I apologise, Aipom, but I don’t know you too well, and I wouldn’t know what moves to order, so would you mind leaving the battling to my two Pokémon? If we’re in any danger, or you think you can help us out, you can step in,” he said, knowing that having a cluttered battlefield could be a disadvantage, especially when he didn’t know anything about his new ally. “Ok, Myste, Vulcan, time to battle!” he continued, and started to strategise. ’Ok, so one of the Drowzee has Insomnia, and when I pulled out my Pokédex earlier I noticed their other potential ability is Forewarn. Those abilities are a good thing to keep in mind, but I have no other information. In that case, I’ll battle them with full force to learn more about them first, he thought, and then began to give orders. “Ok, Myste, blow an Icy Wind over the two of them to slow them down, then Vulcan, you fire a strong Flamethrower at the one that was unaffected by Hypnosis earlier, followed with a Quick Attack on that same target. Myste, follow by using Sweet Kiss on the same Pokemon Vulcan targeted.”

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.

Last edited by Salamencia; 09-21-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #306
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Umbreon UPN AR Updates Batch 20

Salamencia ~ You were surprised by the appearance of Aipom into the fray but it was more than welcome as its Swift attack was enough to distract the Drowzee pair and free you and your Pokemon from their crushing psychic grips. With greater numbers on your side it seemed the odds were in your favour but the Drowzees were not ready to let you leave, not without a fight. In a show of good vs. bad both sides faced off taking battling positions ready to act to eliminate the other. Both sides were waiting for the cavalry to arrive, the strange man controlling the ringmaster for the Drowzee and Aipom’s trainer for you, neither could sure they would arrive but stall tactics were all you had left now. You ask Aiom to stand aside for this battle not entirely familiar with its available moves hoping that if things turn bad it would know to step in. Aipom looks to you and tilts its head not fully understanding but as it looks to your Cyndaquil and Poliwag and chatters bouncing back and out of the fray but still close enough to keep a close watch on the battle and intervene.

You figure it was best to go with an all out offensive strategy with the limited knowledge that you had on your creepy opponents and give your orders to your Pokemon. This however takes time, and the Drowzee’s are not willing to let you finish before they strike. The Drowzee both focus on your duo their eyes emitting light waves of pink energy that wash over Myste and Vulcan the pair becoming rather drowsy themselves as the Hypnosis begins to take effect. Aipom looks up at you wondering if it should help and you feel a little angry, defensive of your Pokemon, the battle had only just begun and they could, no, would still win! Aipom backs off and watches along with you as one of the Drowzee plods forward and Pounds Myste on the head as the other delivers an Ice Punch to Vulcans chin effectively snapping them out of their stupors. The psychics don’t seem to care though and they cackle between themselves cocky and overconfident. Myste frowns and ignores the headache the bump caused as she finally makes a move breathing out a frigid Icy Wind that shuts the pair up as they stumble back shivering and cursing as their fur tightens up from the cold. Vulcan is very willing to warm them back up though but is unable to tell the two apart now and decides that they were close enough to possibly catch them both. He breathes out an impressive Flamethrower that jets towards the Drowzees who try to dodge but with their reduced speed only one manages to get enough distance to avoid the flames as the other yells in pain the fire scorching its side but it gets away without a burn. Before it can even lick its wounds its bowled over as Vulcan rams into its gut with a speedy Quick Attack. Myste waddles over to the downed Pokemon and gives it a rather inappropriate Sweet Kiss but the Drowzee is too distracted by its pain that the confusion doesn’t take hold.

Aipom looks impressed, your Cyndaquil was holding back in your battle for sure, it was amazed how strong a trainers Pokemon could become whilst you were already working on your next moves.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #307
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Quote:

Salamencia ~ You were surprised by the appearance of Aipom into the fray but it was more than welcome as its Swift attack was enough to distract the Drowzee pair and free you and your Pokemon from their crushing psychic grips. With greater numbers on your side it seemed the odds were in your favour but the Drowzees were not ready to let you leave, not without a fight. In a show of good vs. bad both sides faced off taking battling positions ready to act to eliminate the other. Both sides were waiting for the cavalry to arrive, the strange man controlling the ringmaster for the Drowzee and Aipom’s trainer for you, neither could sure they would arrive but stall tactics were all you had left now. You ask Aiom to stand aside for this battle not entirely familiar with its available moves hoping that if things turn bad it would know to step in. Aipom looks to you and tilts its head not fully understanding but as it looks to your Cyndaquil and Poliwag and chatters bouncing back and out of the fray but still close enough to keep a close watch on the battle and intervene.

You figure it was best to go with an all out offensive strategy with the limited knowledge that you had on your creepy opponents and give your orders to your Pokemon. This however takes time, and the Drowzee’s are not willing to let you finish before they strike. The Drowzee both focus on your duo their eyes emitting light waves of pink energy that wash over Myste and Vulcan the pair becoming rather drowsy themselves as the Hypnosis begins to take effect. Aipom looks up at you wondering if it should help and you feel a little angry, defensive of your Pokemon, the battle had only just begun and they could, no, would still win! Aipom backs off and watches along with you as one of the Drowzee plods forward and Pounds Myste on the head as the other delivers an Ice Punch to Vulcans chin effectively snapping them out of their stupors. The psychics don’t seem to care though and they cackle between themselves cocky and overconfident. Myste frowns and ignores the headache the bump caused as she finally makes a move breathing out a frigid Icy Wind that shuts the pair up as they stumble back shivering and cursing as their fur tightens up from the cold. Vulcan is very willing to warm them back up though but is unable to tell the two apart now and decides that they were close enough to possibly catch them both. He breathes out an impressive Flamethrower that jets towards the Drowzees who try to dodge but with their reduced speed only one manages to get enough distance to avoid the flames as the other yells in pain the fire scorching its side but it gets away without a burn. Before it can even lick its wounds its bowled over as Vulcan rams into its gut with a speedy Quick Attack. Myste waddles over to the downed Pokemon and gives it a rather inappropriate Sweet Kiss but the Drowzee is too distracted by its pain that the confusion doesn’t take hold.

Aipom looks impressed, your Cyndaquil was holding back in your battle for sure, it was amazed how strong a trainers Pokemon could become whilst you were already working on your next moves.
As Sal gave his orders, the two Drowzee started their attacks, not taking any chances. The pair focused on their two targets, emitting hypnotic waves from their eyes. Myste and Vulcan started to look drowsy. Aipom seemed a little nervous, but wasn’t interfering yet. Sal looked down at his Pokémon, a little nervous himself. However, he had managed to get this far, and he wasn’t giving up just yet. After all, if he was to be stopped here, he’d never get anywhere as a trainer, and his Pokémon could end up dead as a result. So he snapped himself back to reality, and watched as one of the Drowzee Pounded Myste hard, his partner striking Vulcan with an Ice Punch. Sal’s Pokémon seemed to have woken up due to the attacks, but the dream-eating duo didn’t seem to mind, and started laughing in an overconfident sort of manner. Myste retaliated with her first move, blowing her Icy Wind over them to slow them down. Sal was pleased that his Poliwag knew the move, and counted his blessings as the attack took effect. Vulcan seemed a little bothered, unable to tell his two foes apart, but tried to strike both with his Flamethrower as a kind of compromise. One of the Drowzee dodged, but the other took the hit, crying in pain. The Cyndaquil didn’t finish there, ramming that same enemy with a Quick Attack. Myste then tried a Sweet Kiss, however it had practically no effect due to the target’s pain taking hold.

“Well, that went pretty well. Still, I guess we shouldn’t get too confident and over-exert ourselves, eh?” he said, looking down at his Fire Mouse in particular, who had definitely used more powerful moves there. Aipom seemed impressed with the way the battle was turning out, which gave Sal a slight boost in confidence. He smiled and thought over his current situation. 'It's actually probably best to strike hard and try to take out one enemy at a time. just to reduce the amount of damage we'll take in the future.' “Well, let’s try this. Vulcan, use Copycat to bother these guys, then a Flamethrower once more. Try to use it on the same Drowzee you hit the first time. Myste, Hidden Power and Water Pulse on the same enemy Vulcan targets, switching targets should one faint. If we can bring down at least one enemy, we’ve done well,” Sal ordered, rather pleased with the variety of moves he had access to.

WF

Last edited by Salamencia; 10-26-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #308
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Umbreon UPN AR Updates Batch 21

Salamencia ~ With one Drowzee down after a blast of Vulcan’s flamethrower you begin to order your strategy accordingly. If you could focus on one enemy and eliminate that threat with both your Pokemon still fighting fit then the odds were shift drastically in your favour. Aipom hadn’t needed to intervene yet as you Pokemon had held their own and was quite impressed at the literal fire power your team possessed. The one Drowzee was standing over its recovering partner staring daggers at the 4 of you and you feel a little panic run through you as its eyes glow blue. It concentrates hard on Vulcan who begins to writhe on the floor as the Confusion messes with his mind. Myste looks torn, you had asked her to focus on the same target Vulcan had attacked but the other was attacking her team-mate, what should she do? She knew not to disobey her trainer and bites her lip before powering up an attack on the slowly standing Drowzee. Electrical energy sparks before her taking the form of little orbs before she fling the Hidden Power out catching the dreameater in its side knocking it back with a grunt.

That distraction was enough for the other Drowzee to cease its attack and look back to its partner as Vulcan is freed from the psychic attack. He shakes his head trying to come back to his senses when he remembers your orders and prepares for the strain it would cause. Myste is ready to defend her team-mate as he being to summon 2 solid copies sacrificing half of his health and leaving him feeling worn out. Both Drowzee stare at their opponents akin to shock as they notice that they now had three Cyndaquil to contend with, they weren’t looking so cocky now. The three Vulcans surround the two Drowzee who were looking between each other nervously before deciding to Disable two of the Cyndaquil. They shudder as they lock still but the third still unleashes a powerful Flamethrower that cooks the already injured Drowzee even further. It screams in pain and back into the fence the flames setting part of it alight. As it collapses to the ground Myste waddles forward quickly blasting it with a cold Water Pulse dowsing the flames and nearly KOing the Psychic in the process. The Drowzee looks shocked at its partners state and charges towards on of the Vulcans with a heavy Headbutt knocking the clone back and breaking it into dust.

Smoke slowly rises from the charred fence and you wonder if that will alert the madman to your presence which makes your heart race. But on the other hand it could signal to your new friends your location and they could come to their aid. One Drowzee was still fresh and full of energy but the other was a different story looking about done and crispy fried. Vulcan had only one clone left but was feeling shaky from the copycat. Myste was the healthiest of the bunch and was ready to fight on.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #309
Pokemaniacneo
Boulder Badge

Quote:

Pokemaniacneo ~ After hearing Ariados’ heartbreaking story and seeing her in her injured stated you felt compelled to help her, even if it could mean placing you and your Pokemon in severe danger. You had come face to face with these hunters earlier and they meant business, the image of those silver guns making your heart sink into your stomach. Ariados looked hopeful as she surveyed your team and as you agrees she could hardly hide the joy from her face despite her pain. You advise Charmander and Vespiquen to be on the guard and if they heard any gunshots to make themselves as small as possible, he didn’t want what happened to Ariados to befall your own Pokemon. Ariados moves forward awkwardly on 7 legs and motions for you to follow and you all follow with Charmander in the front and Vespiquen guarding your rear. Ariados weaves in and out of the undergrowth stopping every now and then to get her bearings using her memories of the tragic event to guide her and fortunately you don’t hear a single gunshot or stirring in the bushes. In fact you notice that through your trip through the forest you hadn’t seen another Pokemon, perhaps you were getting close to the hunters and the Pokemon knew better than to venture too close to them.

Soon Ariados disappears through a bush before poking her head back through and nodding behind her. You slowly follow her and notice that there was a clearing a little way ahead of you with a small amount of shrubbery hiding you from view. There were a couple of sturdy looking tents erected and a smouldering camp fire with a metal pot with delicious smelling food cooking inside. This definitely had to be the camp site for the hunters and you guessed that there were only two of them thankful for the small mercy. You wondered how it was that the wild Pokemon had not joined forces and moved to stop these two but assumed that they were scared of the pair, especially with the damage they had already caused. You couldn’t see Tropius or Ariados’ children anywhere and felt a little tingle of despair hoping that they had not killed either of them. Ariados looked at you expectantly waiting for you to act, she didn’t seem to have any further information to help you. In fact she looked rather impatient and you couldn’t help but wonder why, you were helping her out after all. The hunters were nowhere in sight but with food cooking you knew they couldn’t be too far away. You nod to your Pokemon who follow behind you as you creep out from the undergrowth. You slowly approach the campsite your heart beating so loudly with adrenaline the only thing pushing you forward. You nearly jumped out of your skin when Charmander grabbed your trouser leg and pointing behind you. Admonishing him you turn to see that Ariados was no longer with you, in fact she had left altogether raising all you alarm bells. Soon you even thought you heard them and as a siren ripped through the air you nearly shrieked in alarm. You looked down to see a tripwire your foot had caught, you’d set off a trap!

You couldn’t hear the rustling of the bushes as the siren pretty much blasted your eardrums but when it suddenly stopped you blinked in surprise. You hear a movement behind you and swivel around to see the hunters standing their guns pointed at your chest and it took every ounce of strength not to pass out from the sight. Vespiquen and Charmander were eager to protect you but didn’t dare move afraid of the metal objects pointed at them.

“Well, what do we have here?” One hunter said tilting his head as he observed you and your Pokemon.

“What are you doing here kid?” The other questions his eyes narrowed on you not trusting your presence in their camp. You had better have a silver tongue or your Pokemon Adventure could end rather quickly in a nasty sticky mess!

(I am so sorry I could not have contaced you about this, my internet has just settled down after a long period of disconection in our entire town and I wasn't able to access any internet points for a while, at least not for the forums. I'll understand if i'm not able to continue this adventure considering how long it has been but I would love to still actively participate in Fizzy Bubbles but i'll leave that up to you. Anyway, here is at least a rather long awaited reply)

Alfons's heart had almost stopped as soon as he saw the man's lips move, the second's words merely made his body tense up further. He'd never felt real fear before, the concept that his life could be on the line over something so small as protecting a Pokemon who needed his help had never crossed his mind. Nor the fact that two grown men were pointing a gun at what they saw as just a mere kid. But then again... his eyes unfroze enough to glance over in the direction of his Pokemon. Not only was he at risk here they were too and by the looks of it they'd be willing to risk their life for the boy. But he couldn't allow that to happen could he? He had to decide how he was going to reply to the men and quickly. He had to say something but could he really speak to such sickening yet powerful men. Powerful? He almost scoffed at his own words, they were only 'dangerous' because of their pieces of metal, he was sure he could easily take them on if not for that, he believe Maurice and Vespiquen were more than capable of that. But this wasn't a Pokemon battle like he was used to it was a real battle and he did indeed have to open his mouth and say something to them...

"I... that's just," he stuttered, cursing to himself at his lack of concise. Shaking his head he had to quickly decide the stance he was taking, was he going to fake his way out of it or defend the Arridos that was so desperately in need of his help? But then he was quickly reminded why he was doing this. The young Spinarak babies. Their mother... Well, that in itself had decided it for him but there was still the problem, of chosing exactly what approach to take. He glanced to the part flying-type floating near them before glancing back to the guns. Even though the hunter seemed extremely observent the flying-type was still quite swift, perhaps she could outrun the man. Speed would be on her side but was he really going to risk his life and the life of his Pokemon on a whim when he could merely re-think his excuse to get out of this. He turned back to the hunters,the look on their faces and the weapons they wield. "I was just..." he started again, his teeth gritting together he felt a pang of anger spark inside him. Thinking back to the poor Tropius that had been outright shot by those two. "I just need some help." he said finally, the building anger becoming far too obvious in his voice now. "Maurice, Smokescreen!" he yelled, ducking down immedietly in attempts to lower the risk to himself. His eyes darting to his Pokemon and the Aridos whom he would have to protect if need be. He still had Jack if anything went wrong and he wouldn't be afraid of using the large dragon if there was a need for it. He was scared, terrified but most of all enfuriated as memories of the hunter's actions flooded back to the him.

His plan was simple, a quick smokescreen and a quick escape but would this really go to plan...? What was the worst that could happen?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #310
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

To Salamencia, pokemaniacneo and aedial~eclipse:
I should have posted something sooner or perhaps persisted and PM'ed you reguarlly but your activity has slipped into nonexistance.
It has been months for all of you since you last replied (I know pokemaniacneo has replied last and I have ot updated but you have left it months between replies and have gone off the radar once again). So I am invoking the AR's activity rule which states that if you do no actively reply you can no long er adventure here. We have been too lax in upholding this rule and it will no longer be the case from now onwards. I am doing this so that new members may join FB and I am taking the lack of activity on all your parts as a lack of interest in continuing. I know I was slow in my updates but that does not give any member an excuse to do the same without reason.
If any of you would like to become part of FB again when you know you'll have the opportunity to be more active then we are more than happy for you to reapply when registration opens again.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:46 AM   #311
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Celebi The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

The FB Training Zone

Unlike other Fizzy Bubbles zones, this zone has been created for the sole purpose of introducing new members to RPing FB Style before venturing into current zones. It gives you a chance to familiarise yourselves with how we work and to experiment and expand upon your RPing skills before moving on.

While the updates I provide here will be far from top quality due to time restraints, they will still provide enough information for you to formulate a decent response and to RP to your highest standard. While updates won't be top-notch, your replies should be as whether or not you're given the ok to leave this zone behind and enter regular zones will depend upon how you reply. You should always be striving to give your replies everything you can as that is what is expected in all FB Zones. Please remember that while FB has Gyms, Contest Halls, Bases, the Arcade, and various other activities as well as Time Out to help pass the time between updates, our primary purpose is role playing and while we don't always expect lengthy replies, we do expect a reasonable degree of quality. Replies don't have to be long to be good as some people are mistakenly inclined to believe.

Rules
- Please reply using Size 1 font.
- No less than four (4) lines when replying, and by four lines I mean four complete lines of text. Not three or four words before hitting the enter key and writing another three or four words. Decent and articulate sentences are a must.
- No chat speak. No abbreviations. No icons/smilies. Type properly or I'll ignore your post.
- Please proofread posts. It's not only a great way to check for errors, it's also an excellent chance to see if you can expand upon/improve your reply before submitting.
- ALWAYS quote your update by using the quote button in the bottom right-hand corner of the post. If you c/p and add Quote tags, your post will be ignored. Also, don't quote the entire post, only the update that has been written for you.
- When using attacks for battle, please state clearly what you are ordering your Pokémon to do, and order no more than three attacks (offensive or defensive) per round of battle.
- Never take it upon yourself to encounter or capture a Pokémon. The Pokémon you encounter is entirely up to the discretion of your updator. If you've read through the Updates & Replies Thread you will find that there are several reasons for this rule being in place.
- When in a battle situation, never, ever try to control the moves or reactions of your opponent Pokémon. It's my job to give you an adventure, it's your job to overcome any obstacles I put in your path. Be sure to give clear and precise instructions for the moves you want your Pokémon to use, but don't ever try to control the Pokémon you are battling. I'm hoping I'll never have to PM anyone about editing their reply because they've posted incorrectly. It's embarassing for you, and uncomfortable for me.
- If your Pokémon has a nickname please don't expect me to know it straight off the bat. After a while I do become familiar with the teams of people I update but when you're new to me I'd appreciate it if you would refer to the Pokémon you have, not call them by name. For example, somebody says, "Blaze use Ember!" Ummm, who/what is Blaze? I know it's a Fire Type, but what is it? A Torchic, Charmander, Houndour??? I won't know unless you tell me.
- I do ask that you keep a profile of your FB team in your signature which includes your Pokémon, their levels and genders. I do however understand that not everyone wants to do this so if you could, at the very least, post a link to your registration post I'd appreciate it greatly. If you do neither and I need some information about your Pokémon, there's a strong likelihood you'll be skipped.

And lastly, I'm not expecting everyone to start off perfectly here. Mistakes are expected and I'm more than happy to offer pointers/advice when asked for it, as are many FB members. I'm lenient to a point, but if you've been informed about something that has been done wrong and continue to ignore the advice given to correct it, then you will be ignored. End of story.

Now that formalities are out of the way, how about we get down to business? Below are a list of areas you may enter (only one area at a time), so all you need to do is decide where you would like to travel before making your introductory post.

The Arcane Realm

Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.

The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.

Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?

Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.

The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.

Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:46 AM   #312
enchantress
Queen of the Night

For several reasons the Arcane Realm is being returned to Fizzy Bubbles. From today on, all new members who pass the Registration Test will need to post here for their first adventure and will remain in this zone until their updator releases them into mainstream zones.

Additionally, those who have already been in FB for a while but never had the pleasure of experiencing this zone may post for the duration of a single adventure. If you're still looking for your first capture then this is your chance.

Looking forward to seeing you soon ^^.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #313
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Trapinch Kairne and his Trapinch begin a journey in the Silverton Ranges. What awaits them?

OOC: I definitely need the RP experience here. Thank you for reopening this Realm for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.

"They say these mine shafts are long abandoned, maybe even haunted," Kairne said to the shivering antlion on his shoulder as they trekked on the side of the mountain, bent on investigating one of said caverns. "Wouldn't that be cool, Trapinch?"

"Tra..." the Ground-type replied weakly. Kairne scooped the bug up and held him inside his vest to warm him up a bit. "I know, little guy," he said to the young one, "Soon, we'll be inside the shaft where it's not so windy. It will be much warmer there, I promise."

Trapinch, huddled closer to Kairne for warmth. Desert nights were one thing for him, bearable at the very least, but they weren't so windy or icy as this mountain. Kairne could tell all this just by the look in the Pokemon's eyes, cold and a bit scared. He shivered even more, causing Kairne to cup this most recent addition to his team to his chest, under the leather vest he wore, reassuring Trapinch that he would protect him.

Huddled up to the glowing warmth of his Trainer's chest, he dozed a bit for a few minutes as Kairne continued to walk barefoot over the icy terrain, unshaken by the cold weather or icy conditions. Trapinch sensed a shadow pass over his head. Peeking out of Kairne's vest, he could see they had stepped into one of the caverns, and, just as promised, he did start to feel a bit warmer and more comfortable. Kairne rummaged around and found a small torch in his pack. Checking to make sure the solar battery was fully charged, he shone the light into the cavern, letting it shine the way as he walked down into this black unknown.

Still a bit scared, but reassured by the relative warmth of the cavern and the touch of his trainer, Trapinch started to doze slightly once more, as Kairne started his walk into the mine.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #314
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Silverton Ranges - Please reply in lightsteelblue

Kairne: Making your way up the mountainside you soon find your companion isn't doing too well against these harsh conditions, his ground typing being far from compatible with this type of region. Bundling the little Trapinch up in your jacket you continue on until finally coming across one of the many abandoned mine shafts in the area. Taking a moment to shine your torch into the opening you find it's pretty useless at this point in time but keep it close anyway as you begin your journey into the mountainside. Your progress is slow as the ground is covered in ice, making it a slippery descent into the mine so you make sure to grab onto anything that can act as a handhold. Even the walls are sheathed in ice making it even more difficult and you hope it won't be long before the ice thins out and you're able to walk properly upon the decades old passageway. Daylight slowly disappears, the natural light but a speck in the distance as darkness envelops you, the sound of your own stumbling footsteps as well as your own nervous breathing all you can hear. It's not as warm in here as you'd hoped, either, but luckily not being whipped by the blistering wind is helping somewhat. Flicking your torch on again you notice a junction ahead and upon reaching it can hear a strange, rhythmic sound coming from the tunnel to the right. The tunnel to the left appears to have a faint green glow emanating from it, while ahead is pitch blackness. Looking to Trapinch, he seems to understand you're not quite sure which direction to take...
Old 12-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #315
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Quote:
Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?

Alex sighed to himself as he trekked across the sand. He travelled here from Talas and surprise; he's in the middle of the desert again. Still, he wasn't having much luck capturing a pokemon so maybe this new land would provide more luck. He had heard some stories that there were a couple villages hidden among the shifting sands. Who knew what he might discover.

He cast his eye onto his travelling partner. His Bronzor, Echo, was quite suited to the environment. Unlike Theta and Kilo, whose mechanisms could get jammed up by the sand, Echo was quite comfortable. Bravo would also be suited to this place, but Alex thought it wasn't quite the time for the Iron Ball pokemon to make its debut. If they ever got in over their head, the Beldum would be the first one to call on to ram their way through.

"How are you making out?" Alex asked the steel type. He got the standard blank blink in response. He hoped the Bronze Mirror pokemon would end up evolving soon, that way they would be able to communicate better. The increased size and strength would also be useful. This walking was killing him. "If you see something interesting, let me know." Yet another blank blink. Alex just sighed and kept on trekking through the desert.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #316
Slash
Silver LO

Trapinch

Quote:

Kairne: Making your way up the mountainside you soon find your companion isn't doing too well against these harsh conditions, his ground typing being far from compatible with this type of region. Bundling the little Trapinch up in your jacket you continue on until finally coming across one of the many abandoned mine shafts in the area. Taking a moment to shine your torch into the opening you find it's pretty useless at this point in time but keep it close anyway as you begin your journey into the mountainside. Your progress is slow as the ground is covered in ice, making it a slippery descent into the mine so you make sure to grab onto anything that can act as a handhold. Even the walls are sheathed in ice making it even more difficult and you hope it won't be long before the ice thins out and you're able to walk properly upon the decades old passageway. Daylight slowly disappears, the natural light but a speck in the distance as darkness envelops you, the sound of your own stumbling footsteps as well as your own nervous breathing all you can hear. It's not as warm in here as you'd hoped, either, but luckily not being whipped by the blistering wind is helping somewhat. Flicking your torch on again you notice a junction ahead and upon reaching it can hear a strange, rhythmic sound coming from the tunnel to the right. The tunnel to the left appears to have a faint green glow emanating from it, while ahead is pitch blackness. Looking to Trapinch, he seems to understand you're not quite sure which direction to take...

Continuing down the passageway, Kairne could feel the cave seem to swallow him. This journey had been planned so quickly, and in such a rush of excitement, he had forgotten one crucial detail: he was claustrophobic. The darkness helped him a bit, kept his spirit warm, but he could tell his breathing was a bit short and nervous, as he tried to keep physical contact with the wall. The wall was strong, it was supportive.

It was slippery.

Kairne stumbled slightly as his bare foot slid on a particularly slippery bit of ice on the ground and his hand shot out to catch something on the wall to prevent himself from falling. His hand slid over the slippery stone before he finally was able to find a handhold and keep himself up. That could have been bad, he thought to himself. It did jar Trapinch awake, however, and the antlion peeked out as they approached a fork.

Three tunnels. One to the left, which seemed to be the best lit of the three, in that he could make out just a bit of glow somewhere deep into the cave. He couldn't tell, was that green? It seemed almost as if it was not just a glow, but a sickly green one, so pale that he could not at first quite decide what colour it was. Opposite it, on the right, was a dark path that seemed quite ordinary. However, in getting a bit closer, Kairne could hear an odd, rhythmic sound coming from its depths, could feel its vibration in the earth. A third path was in between the other two, so dark he almost hadn't seen it, at least not at first. Much darker than the other two, it seemed to swallow the torch's light as he shone it into the depths.

Kairne sat on the ground a minute, Trapinch in his lap. None of the three paths seemed all that inviting, and part of him was vaguely entertaining turning around and either leaving the mine, or trying to find a tunnel he may have missed in the more shallow part of the mine. Of course, it would be colder, and Trapinch might not be able to abide that. Besides, he had already worked to hard to get this deep, the both of them. Steeling his nerves, he focused his attention on the paths.

The right path's noises were off-putting, and he could feel them through the floor. Ominous, they were, and he found he couldn't bring himself to take Trapinch into that tunnel with him, because something about it screamed of being unsafe for the little guy. The center path was dark, terribly so, and also had this vibe to it Kairne couldn't quite place. He didn't like the feeling he got from it, though, somehow worse than the sounds coming from the one on the right. That left the one on the left. Kairne resolved that the glow might help comfort Trapinch, and may even emanate a bit of warmth for the little guy. Kairne was used to the cold, rarely if ever felt anything major from it or heat, but he knew his youngest Pokemon was not in such a state. He knew he could always return him to his Pokeball, but he had planned the journey for a bonding experience, and that might undermine it. Kairne got up.

Tucking Trapinch back into his supple leather vest, he walked down the path on the left, towards the odd glow, torchlight leading the way.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #317
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
Quote:
The Arcane Realm

>Thanks for bringing the Arcane Realm back Tess!

'The Silverton Ranges. So named because there were many silver mines here that the people mined a lot of silver ore out of. Now, they are abandoned. The temperatures got so cold, that the people simply could not mine there anymore.' Blaze though to himself as he looked up at the summit of the Silverton Ranges. He had come here because of the lure of precious ores, though he did not know what that would entail, and as always the chance for a new Pokemon. That was always a goal for any trainer, even if was not the forefront. Blaze may of had ten different Pokemon, but only one of them was truly Blaze's. He didn't bring that one, however, because he was currently in the Daycare. Plus, his Geodude would not have liked the cold temperatures of the mountains one bit. Looking at who he had left that was not in a shop or in the PC, he had Surgei, his Yanmega, a Bug/Flying type that despite having once lived in Russia didn't like the cold much now either, and his Sawk....who he figured would not have come without good reason. This left Lemon Drop, Blaze's Lopunny. While she was not a fan of the cold, she had a lot of fur to keep her warm, and Blaze made sure that they both wore a winter coat, gloves, and a hat to keep warm.

"Blaze, it sure is pretty over here. The snow makes the mountain tops so nice to look at."

"It sure is a marvel Lemon Drop. Soon, we will be ascending these mountains."

"Really? What for? They seem awfully cold."

"Well, because there is talk of finding rare ores in there. Ores that could be something like silver, or even something more valuable that that."

"No way....I would not mind silver myself. I could use a pair of earrings."

"Earrings? We never talked about that."

"Hehe! Don't worry about it!"

"I have every right to worry about you. Next thing I know, you will come looking for an ass tattoo."

Lemon Drop shuffles uncomfortably on the spot, showing that she may just want an ass tattoo. Blaze just shakes his head like this is something that normally happens, and looks back at Lemon Drop.

"Are you all OK to go, Lemon Drop? I want to make sure that everything is a go."

"Yeah, I think so. I have everything that I might need inside of your backpack. I feel fine, and I got a good night's sleep the night before. I am all good!"

"If you are good, then so am I! It might be a little rough though, having to walk with my cough being the way it is, but I am sure I will manage. Let's go."

Blaze and Lemon Drop began their ascent up the mountain, both of their heads filled with ideas and dreams of what could just be up there, waiting for them!

Member Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #318
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

gmoyes: Not a stranger to the desert you again find yourself trekking across the all too familiar landscape of yet another one. Although a person could be forgiven for thinking that all deserts look the same, it's clear this is not the always the case. Passing by many Cacnea and Cacturne who are basking in the sunshine you see the occasional flicker of movement in your peripheral vision which indicates there are certainly Pokémon about, though they're not all too keen on being seen. The caw of bird Pokémon can be clearly heard, and shielding your eyes against the blinding sun you witness mainly Murkrow and Spearow drifting upon the currents though you could swear you just caught glimpse of a Doduo disappearing behind a boulder up ahead. Though the landscape appears desolate it is clearly full of life, and as you're walking along with your footsteps upon the red clay desert floor keeping a constant rhythm, the faint cry of at least one Pokémon drifts toward you upon the warm breeze. It sounds like it's in trouble, and as you approach can hear a second distinct cry. Finally arriving upon the scene it soon becomes evident what has happened as you witness a male Nidoran looking down into a hole that its female counterpart has fallen into. It doesn't appear this is a natural hole in the ground either judging from the netting beneath the female. The hole had clearly been concealed, caving in as she walked across it, but luckily her companion had managed to avoid falling in. He is now circling the pit, crying out to her while the female Nidoran is squealing in fright, desperately trying to scramble out of the four foot deep hole though it's apparent there is no escape for her. Just then the male notices your presence and immediately goes on the defensive and takes a battle stance, prepared to protect his sister at all costs. He faces you, a warning growl rumbling in his throat, and with his head down, his horn pointing toward you, he paws the desert floor in preparation to attack...

Kairne: Please be careful when replying as the line between self-updating and descriptive writing can be a little hazy at times. I know you like to reply with detail, as do we all, but nowhere in my update did I mention anything about the right hand tunnel having anything other than a rhythmic sound coming from it. I had something planned for each option I gave you and a vibrating floor wasn't on the cards.

Your feet practically numb with cold it occurs to you that it may be an idea to don some shoes at some point in the near future before you accidentally step in a wet patch and end up stuck to the floor, but rather than worry too much about this you make your way toward the faint green glow emanating from the end of the tunnel to your left. You're barely a quarter of the way in when your hand touches something soft and slippery on the wall and you can't help but recoil, grossed out by the feel of it. Shining your torch on the mystery patch you find it's only a patch of moss and sigh with relief, continuing along the path. As you progress you find the floor and walls covered with progressively more moss which appears to glow softly the further you walk until you eventually emerge into a small cavern that is lined with the stuff. The walls, floor, and ceiling are coated with it, and it's definitely exuding a faint green glow making you wonder what species of moss this is. Surrounded by rocks, a small pond takes centre stage in this cavern and although it hadn't immediately occurred to you, you notice it's actually rather warm in here. Stepping closer to the water you realise it's actually a hot spring and you smile, delighted Trapinch will be able to enjoy this little area. Grass is growing in the cavern, while many mushrooms dot the area, and even though this appears to be a perfect little oasis amid the blistering cold of the outside world you can't shake the feeling this place isn't quite as safe as it first appears. You notice there is another tunnel veering off to the right and slightly downhill, no doubt leading further into the depths of the mine, and just while you're pondering on what to do next notice one of the "rocks" by the hotspring move. Staring at it for a moment, wondering if it was only your imagination, you see it move again, only this time the little Swinub who had camouflaged itself catches you looking at it and it squeaks, bolting into the tunnel and into the mine. Left slightly confused you definitely have no inclination to head further into freezing depths of the abandoned mine but a hair raising "RAWR!" from the tunnel behind you has you swiftly rethinking your options. Perhaps the Swinub hadn't been running from you after all, perhaps it had been running from the thing behind you, but whatever the case you really only have two options. Turn and face what is coming or run for dear life after Swinub...

blazeVA: For the reference, you've actually linked to your PASBL Squad Summary instead of your FB Member Post.

Though you've managed to build yourself a nice collection of Pokémon since first setting out on your adventure, you're a little sad that you've as yet not had the opportunity to catch one for yourself and so have detoured from your travels to head back and traverse a region of Fizzy Bubbles whose access point had been cut off for a little while, and as such find yourself gazing upon the beautiful Silverton Ranges. With Lemon Drop for company you begin the rugged trek up the mountainside whose trail takes many steep twists and turns. Luckily it's a beautiful day with not a sign of bad weather on the horizon and despite working up a bit of a sweat you're really enjoying the experience. Eventually reaching a mountain plateau you spy a young boy and his Mareep engaged in battle with a wild Pokémon and walk over, keen to watch him finish. It soon becomes very apparent, however, that there is something very wrong with this picture and as a knot begins to form in your stomach your eyes scan the scene. Taking in the visual information supplied; Taillow nest with three chirping babies on the ground at the base of a tree - Swellow laying near unconscious on the ground next to it with blood seeping from her head - a few rather hefty rocks on the ground beside it - and the young boy yelling, "THUNDERSHOCK AND TACKLE!" before watching a fourth baby Taillow, already clearly injured, being attacked and swallowed by a Pokéball, you feel anger building up inside you as a picture of the sadistic nature of this kid reaches completion. Aghast, you're barely able to figure out what to do when the boy turns and sees you, the satisfied smirk on his face vanishing instantly. "Go get your own Pokémon, these are mine!" he yells, sauntering over to the nest ready to go for another Taillow. Swellow tries to protect her babies dragging her body across the ground to put herself between the boy and the nest when you see the boy bring his foot back, preparing to kick Swellow out of the way...
Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #319
Slash
Silver LO

Quote:

Kairne: Please be careful when replying as the line between self-updating and descriptive writing can be a little hazy at times. I know you like to reply with detail, as do we all, but nowhere in my update did I mention anything about the right hand tunnel having anything other than a rhythmic sound coming from it. I had something planned for each option I gave you and a vibrating floor wasn't on the cards.
My apologies. All I had meant was that my character had felt the vibration of the rhythmic sound itself, not any sort of actual motion, in his feet, as he is well connected to the earth and trained in such things, especially as he lives barefooted. My line about how the "rhythmic sound coming from its depths, could feel its vibration in the earth" was 100% about the sound and not any actual movement. I had though that had been clear enough specified, but apparently not.

Quote:

Your feet practically numb with cold it occurs to you that it may be an idea to don some shoes at some point in the near future before you accidentally step in a wet patch and end up stuck to the floor, but rather than worry too much about this you make your way toward the faint green glow emanating from the end of the tunnel to your left. You're barely a quarter of the way in when your hand touches something soft and slippery on the wall and you can't help but recoil, grossed out by the feel of it. Shining your torch on the mystery patch you find it's only a patch of moss and sigh with relief, continuing along the path. As you progress you find the floor and walls covered with progressively more moss which appears to glow softly the further you walk until you eventually emerge into a small cavern that is lined with the stuff. The walls, floor, and ceiling are coated with it, and it's definitely exuding a faint green glow making you wonder what species of moss this is. Surrounded by rocks, a small pond takes centre stage in this cavern and although it hadn't immediately occurred to you, you notice it's actually rather warm in here. Stepping closer to the water you realise it's actually a hot spring and you smile, delighted Trapinch will be able to enjoy this little area. Grass is growing in the cavern, while many mushrooms dot the area, and even though this appears to be a perfect little oasis amid the blistering cold of the outside world you can't shake the feeling this place isn't quite as safe as it first appears. You notice there is another tunnel veering off to the right and slightly downhill, no doubt leading further into the depths of the mine, and just while you're pondering on what to do next notice one of the "rocks" by the hotspring move. Staring at it for a moment, wondering if it was only your imagination, you see it move again, only this time the little Swinub who had camouflaged itself catches you looking at it and it squeaks, bolting into the tunnel and into the mine. Left slightly confused you definitely have no inclination to head further into freezing depths of the abandoned mine but a hair raising "RAWR!" from the tunnel behind you has you swiftly rethinking your options. Perhaps the Swinub hadn't been running from you after all, perhaps it had been running from the thing behind you, but whatever the case you really only have two options. Turn and face what is coming or run for dear life after Swinub...

Traversing down the faintly glowing tunnel, Kairne could see slightly better, could tell that, little by little, he could see clearer. Keeping a hand on the wall, the other cradling Trapinch and holding the torch, Kairne could also tell that his body was starting to warm up a bit, and he could feel it getting a bit more moist in the cavern as he descended into the unknown depths. His hand brushed against something moist, squishy, and a bit slick. Recoiling a bit in surprise, he pointed the torch at the spot that had made him cringe, and saw a moss growing on the wall. Encouraged, he descended further into the cave, and emerged in little cavern, glowing with the strange moss. There was also some other greenery, it looked like it might be grass, and, much to Kairne's surprise, a pool of sorts. Getting a bit closer, he could feel even more humid warmth, and saw a bit of steam rising off the water's surface. Not just a pool, apparently, but a hot spring. His spirits lifted. This little oasis of sorts seemed nice and cozy. Kairne was just thinking about how this place might be a great spot to relax for a few minutes, thinking about how nice the hot water would feel on his dirty, mossy feet, when there was a bit of a stirring. What Kairne had just before thought was a rock moved, revealing itself to be a Swinub. The little guy seemed freaked, and it scrambled out of sight. Kairne shone the torch after the little pig and saw that it had run down another tunnel at the far end of the little room. A bit confused, unsure what had just happened, Kairne stood there a second, before hearing a roar from the tunnel from whence he had come.

The little Trapinch heard it, too, and was shaken awake. Making a split-second decision, Kairne set his little buddy on the warm floor as he turned around to face this new threat, whatever it may be. Kairne and Trapinch braced themselves, not quite ready, but as ready as they'd ever be.

Last edited by Slash; 01-08-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #320
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Quote:

gmoyes: Not a stranger to the desert you again find yourself trekking across the all too familiar landscape of yet another one. Although a person could be forgiven for thinking that all deserts look the same, it's clear this is not the always the case. Passing by many Cacnea and Cacturne who are basking in the sunshine you see the occasional flicker of movement in your peripheral vision which indicates there are certainly Pokémon about, though they're not all too keen on being seen. The caw of bird Pokémon can be clearly heard, and shielding your eyes against the blinding sun you witness mainly Murkrow and Spearow drifting upon the currents though you could swear you just caught glimpse of a Doduo disappearing behind a boulder up ahead. Though the landscape appears desolate it is clearly full of life, and as you're walking along with your footsteps upon the red clay desert floor keeping a constant rhythm, the faint cry of at least one Pokémon drifts toward you upon the warm breeze. It sounds like it's in trouble, and as you approach can hear a second distinct cry. Finally arriving upon the scene it soon becomes evident what has happened as you witness a male Nidoran looking down into a hole that its female counterpart has fallen into. It doesn't appear this is a natural hole in the ground either judging from the netting beneath the female. The hole had clearly been concealed, caving in as she walked across it, but luckily her companion had managed to avoid falling in. He is now circling the pit, crying out to her while the female Nidoran is squealing in fright, desperately trying to scramble out of the four foot deep hole though it's apparent there is no escape for her. Just then the male notices your presence and immediately goes on the defensive and takes a battle stance, prepared to protect his sister at all costs. He faces you, a warning growl rumbling in his throat, and with his head down, his horn pointing toward you, he paws the desert floor in preparation to attack...

Looking around, Alex could tell that this desert was different than the one on Talas. This desert had much more life in it, from Cacturn to a big flock of birds that flew overhead. This seemed like a good place to catch a Pokémon. However, nothing stood out that seemed to be a good target.

Just then, a cry sounded out across the sand. Alex paused and tried to identify where it came from. It wasn’t the cry of a human, he knew that. Then another cry came and Alex looked at his steel typed partner. “Let’s go check that out.” The Bronzor nodded in response and the duo took off.

What they found surprised them. There was a pit in the ground and a male Nidoran looking into the hole, crying out. When Alex got closer, he could see the source of the problem. There was a female of the same species trapped in the hole as well as some sort of net. He grimaced to himself. Poachers. Cowards who dig traps instead of battling Pokémon face to face. If they showed their faces around here…

Just then the purple poison type noticed him. He turned to face Alex and growled. The Nidoran must have thought that I did this, he thought to himself. They must be siblings or something like that. Got to admire his determination, its facing someone who’s Pokémon is immune to its poison attack and can hit back with super effective attacks. But it’s the poachers that are the enemy here. He looked at Echo. “We need to help out. Use Hypnosis to calm down the male Nidoran. Use Confuse Ray if the hypnosis didn’t work. We don’t want to hurt them.” The Bronzor bobbed a nod and entered the battle.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #321
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
Quote:

blazeVA: For the reference, you've actually linked to your PASBL Squad Summary instead of your FB Member Post.

Though you've managed to build yourself a nice collection of Pokémon since first setting out on your adventure, you're a little sad that you've as yet not had the opportunity to catch one for yourself and so have detoured from your travels to head back and traverse a region of Fizzy Bubbles whose access point had been cut off for a little while, and as such find yourself gazing upon the beautiful Silverton Ranges. With Lemon Drop for company you begin the rugged trek up the mountainside whose trail takes many steep twists and turns. Luckily it's a beautiful day with not a sign of bad weather on the horizon and despite working up a bit of a sweat you're really enjoying the experience. Eventually reaching a mountain plateau you spy a young boy and his Mareep engaged in battle with a wild Pokémon and walk over, keen to watch him finish. It soon becomes very apparent, however, that there is something very wrong with this picture and as a knot begins to form in your stomach your eyes scan the scene. Taking in the visual information supplied; Taillow nest with three chirping babies on the ground at the base of a tree - Swellow laying near unconscious on the ground next to it with blood seeping from her head - a few rather hefty rocks on the ground beside it - and the young boy yelling, "THUNDERSHOCK AND TACKLE!" before watching a fourth baby Taillow, already clearly injured, being attacked and swallowed by a Pokéball, you feel anger building up inside you as a picture of the sadistic nature of this kid reaches completion. Aghast, you're barely able to figure out what to do when the boy turns and sees you, the satisfied smirk on his face vanishing instantly. "Go get your own Pokémon, these are mine!" he yells, sauntering over to the nest ready to go for another Taillow. Swellow tries to protect her babies dragging her body across the ground to put herself between the boy and the nest when you see the boy bring his foot back, preparing to kick Swellow out of the way...

Oopsies, sorry about that. I must have clicked it by accident. ^^;

Blaze began his trek up the Silverton Ranges by climbing up the closest mountain. The trail was not terrible, but was pretty exhausting, and Blaze found himself taking a break every once in a while as his cough got bad. Lemon Drop put a hand on his back in support, but Blaze persisted on. He was sweating pretty profusely, being one of those who sweat from being in a cold room, and the trail took many twists that led him astray. But, the day was pretty nice. It wasn't cold as the mountains could tend to get, and the sky was clear and bright...there was not a cloud on the horizon, or any sign of bad weather coming through. Eventually, the path led to a plateau, and Blaze climbed up onto the plateau. There, Blaze saw a young boy, a Pokemon trainer, and his Mareep fighting a wild Pokemon.

Blaze went closer to get a better look, but soon wished he had not. This was not a normal Pokemon battle. Blaze quickly looked around as he took in what was going on. The first thing that he noticed was a Tailow nest that lie at the base of a tree, with three baby Tailow spilled out of the nest. They were chirping for their mom, obviously not ready to defend themselves yet. A Swellow laid near unconscious next to the next, only moving slightly to protect the nest and get closer to the babies. It had a pretty dangerous looking head-wound that was spilling blood, and Blaze feared that it could pass out any minute. There were also some hefty rocks next to the Swellow, and Blaze quickly put two and two together. 'Crap. The kid must have hit the Swellow on the head with these rocks. Bastard!' They boy yelled "THUNDERSHOCK AND TACKLE!", and in the matter of seconds a fourth baby Tailow, injured and some distance away from the nest, was swallowed up by the red light of the Pokeball. This was no ordinary kid. There was sure to be other Pokemon around here which could give a fair fight, but this kid. 'This fucking kid picked on this family because of profit. Instead of doing it fairly for one Pokemon, this kid took a dirty route, and now he thinks he is going to get four. HE THINKS.'

The kid then looks at Blaze, and gives him a dirty sneer instead of the satisfied grin he had before. "Go get your own Pokémon, these are mine!" he yells before he begins to walk over to the nest, obviously not going to be satisfied with just one Tailow. The Swellow moves over to protect her babies, but the kid's leg raises into the air, ready to swing and kick the bird out of the way...."You kick that bird, and there will be hell to pay." Blaze growled as he looked at the kid. He wasn't hoping to intimidate him. He was hoping to kid would do it. "Yeah, don't even think about it. Pokemon have feelings too! You can't just twist them to serve your own needs!" Lemon Drop said as the translator spoke her native tongue into something more familiar. "I will take every measure to make sure you don't catch one more Pokemon! Not in this unjust way!" Lemon Drop charged a fist with Fighting energy, ready to use a Sky Uppercut at a moment's notice. Blaze stood resolute looking at the kid. 'Go on, make a move kid. I have no mercy for you.' "I would think wisely kid. Because if you make the wrong move, I will finish you!" Lemon Drop looked at Blaze concerned at the rash burst of anger, but nodded to it.

http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthre...413#post302413
Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #322
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
Quote:
Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.
Profile Post

The scene: A dusty corridor in a dark cave. Despite being deep underground, the walls are curiously well-built, as if left behind by a forgotten civilisation. And into this palace of ancient kings wanders a flickering lantern light, accompanied by a bawdy baritone:

"Oh I'd rather be a-hikin' in caves~"
"Than any other hikin' place~"
"You could haul me here, you could fly me there~"
"But I'd always tell ya, fer goodness' saaaakes~"
"That I'd rather be a-hikin' in-" Gulliver jovially hashed out one of his folk tunes while his Meditite strolled along beside him, a frown playing at the corner of its lips. The psychic-type couldn't help but think that, given the circumstances, his trainer was perhaps singing just a bit too loudly.
"You could haul me- Hey! What's eatin' you, Tyke? Ya' seem distracted somehow!" Gulliver paused, scratching his head and looking around.

"Huh, that is mighty odd..." he said, walking up to the right-hand wall of the passage. "I don't remember the walls of this cave being so flat." He set his lantern down and rapped his knuckles experimentally on the surface, which gave a dull, hollow sound. "Tite!" the Meditite exclaimed, glancing up and down the passage as if expecting something to leap from the shadows at the noise. "Aye, this is exactly as I expected!" Gulliver proclaimed, giving out a wide grin and raising a finger towards the ceiling. "This cave..." he said, looking down at Meditite and pausing for effect...

"...is definitely an Onix nest! Only they can build such perfectly smooth walls!"
"Tiiite...", Tyke moaned, bring a hand to his face in exasperation.
"Well, come on then, Tyke! You and me are going to find one of those monsters! They've gotta be in here some-place!"
And so, Gulliver set off down the passage in front of him, striding with a purpose and a gleam in his eye. After a few more seconds of standing and looking after his trainer in disbelief, the Meditite followed suit, silently praying for mercy...
Old 02-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #323
vegetunks937
Boulder Badge

Quote:
The FB Training Zone

The Arcane Realm

Vege was sleeping on his bed. He mobile started ringing.* tring..Tring*. He woke up and received the call. The man there told him that he had won the 2nd prize, the ticket to Silverton Ranges in the lottery. his number was 237845, right. He should reach the FBN Station till 6 o clock in the morning of 5th March. You are requested to come in time. That would be a 5 day trip. The call ended. Vege exclaimed with joy that he had won the ticket. He got up from his bed and headed towards the calendar in first room. He looked in the calendar and was surprised that the next day is 5th March. He did all the packing he needed to do.

The next day he was fully packed with a thick coat and muffler. He left the house at 5 o clock as it was on a walking distance. There he met with 4-5 people more who won the 2nd prize. Then a person came and told them that he will be there guide and they should follow him. The group then headed to the train and had a seat. In 5-6 hours they reached their destination. Vege saw outside through the mirror. Everywhere snow was falling. Everything was covered with snow.

All of them got out of the train. The climate there was very cold. There was strong and cold breeze after every 1-2 minutes. All of them were given the equipments for tent. Everyone made the settlements for the camp and had some rest. After the rest was over everyone was called out by the guider. He told them to be near him. Everyone started walking as he started walking. Vege was mischievous. He got out of the group and started walking by him. He threw the pokeball that he had on his belt. A red light flashed out of the ball and shaped into charmander. Charmander was the first pokemon he received at the registration Centre. He named him Charu.

Vege saw that Charu was shivering so he gave him a small sweater made by him to wear. Charu wore it and was happy. After walking for sometime Vege looked around him. There was snow everywhere. He saw large number of mountains. Vege took out his mobile and captured the beauty of that place by clicking photographs. Vege was feeling cold. He saw a tree with an axe placed near it. Vege chopped down the tree and used it timber to make fire. He made himself warm and then moved on.
[/size]
Old 03-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #324
enchantress
Queen of the Night

My apologies to all for not having updated recently. I make no secret of the fact I initially resigned from updating because I simply do not have the time for it at the moment. The Arcane Realm was then reinstated as there was a clear need for it. I had hoped for help but the consensus appears to be that I'm the one for this zone so it seems that until others feel more confident to take it on that I will be updating you all. As my time is limited I will need to be writing shorter updates if I'm to get any out at all but this does not by any means justify a lack of effort in relation to your replies. If anything this will give you more room for growth as you reply to your adventure. Please be sure you're replying with at least 200 words (I will be checking!), and I look forward to adventuring with you all ^^.

Everyone who missed adventuring in the Arcane Realm during the short period of time it was shelved will also be required to post here. Nobody is exempt, including those of you who are now updating :p, so I'll see you all very soon :)

vegetunks937: The intro's you've written to date have been lacking RP-wise, mostly consisting of a couple of broken sentences that involve your character walking, sitting down, walking, sitting down, then walking again. This does not constitute proper roleplaying, it only shows you're trying to lengthen your post because you really don't know what to write. This latest post is a little better, but there is still plenty of room for improvement. When you enter a zone you have a clear purpose in mind. Sometimes you want to go somewhere specific for a particular reason, and this reason can be RP'd into your post. Perhaps you have no particular destination in mind, but you would most likely have clear goals so that is another line of thought you could follow. You could have RP'd your thoughts about setting out on your first adventure with your first Pokémon. Is it nerve wracking? Is it exciting? Are you scared? Are you pumped? There is no personality in your post at all. It's all, "Vege did this", "Vege did that", "Vege saw", "Vege looked". What did Vege feel? This is what I'm more interested in seeing. You. Your character. Your personality. Your Pokémon's personality. I could take it from this point and write you an update but would rather see you posting properly from day one. If you can please write me another introduction post I'll appreciate it. Additionally, until you've been released from the Arcane Realm I'd rather you discontinue your Free For All Zone adventure as your experience in there has thus far been unconstructive. If it had only been a few updates you'd replied to and I'd seen clear evidence of improvement that's one thing, but this has been going on for a while. We need to nip this in the bud and release the real Vege and that's clearly not happening so from now on you're stuck with me until I say otherwise and I want to be seeing nice, clear, well constructed replies of at least 200 words in length. You're probably going to hate me but I'm a tough love kinda gal and I love this place so I take it personally which means this is how it'll stand for now. I'm looking forward to reading your new introduction post ^^.

gmoyes: Knowing its not you this little Nidoran should be concentrating on fighting, your main goal for the moment is to calm him down enough to realise you've no intention of harming him or his sister. She's still scrabbling about at the sides of the pit she's trapped in, desperately trying to escape, her efforts futile as it's simply too deep, while he's seeing red, his eyes ablaze as he prepares to protect his sibling at all costs. Bronzor places itself between you and Nidoran♂ which Nidoran of course interprets as a challenge. Lowering his head he bellows and charges, fully intent on sending the two of you flying off to Timbuktu. He's gutsy, you'll give him that, but running off adrenaline doesn't necessarily mean he's operating on full thrusters as his plan clearly isn't thought out all too clearly. Hoping to slow Nidoran down at least, Bronzor sends some hypnotic waves toward the little Poison Pin Pokémon who suddenly isn't at all sure what it is he's supposed to be attacking. At that moment you hear an engine roar behind you and turn to observe two men in a truck pull up only a few metres away. They both jump out, completely ignoring you, a tall, lanky guy with short brown hair, brown eyes and a scar on his chin heading straight for the pit while the more burly black bearded fellow with a tattoo of a large breasted woman on his upper arm walks directly over to Nidoran. "This one's no good!" the lanky guy calls out after noting Nidoran♀ squealing with fright. "Grab that one over there," he continues, "he'll be perfect." The bearded fellow does just that, lifting Nidoran♂ effortlessly from the ground who is, thanks to Bronzor's Hypnosis, too confused to understand what's happening. The next minute both men are back in the truck, leaving you for dust as they take off into the desert with Nidoran♀ now squealing with a mixture of terror, panic, and grief as her brother is snatched away while she's powerless to stop it...

Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

Spikkle: Strolling along the ancient passageways of this ancient tomb that is housing numerous corpses of the long since dead, you sing a little too loudly perhaps to try and hide your nerves from your companion as your thoughts stray to the ancient spirits that may be residing in these halls. It's best to distract oneself from these thoughts after all, or perhaps you're just making use of the acoustics to strengthen your singing voice. Whatever the case you've definitely attracted the attention of something as you can feel a rumbling beneath your feet that is getting steadily closer. Suddenly everything around you is shaking. The floor, the walls, the ceiling, with dirt and sand spilling into the passage around you. Tyke then points to the ground behind you that is starting to fall away, like the earth is splitting and coming straight for you. With little time to think you can only react, and considering there is little choice in the matter you run for dear life along the corridor before you can be swallowed by the vanishing floor. Starting to wonder if perhaps you have stumbled upon an Onix nest after all, with one of those monsters possibly responsible for what is happening right now, you're suddenly distracted by a little Sandshrew who is sitting in the middle of the corridor ahead of you, its little eyes wide with fear as both yourself and Tyke as well as the crack in the floor closes in on it. Instead of turning and running in the same direction as you it instead motions to its right - your left - then dives into what looks like the wall. You have only a moment in which to decide what to do now as Sandshrew seemed to be telling you to follow it and if you pass the spot you won't be able to backtrack. So what to do? Continue running through the corridors while some freak occurrence swallows the ground beneath your feet, blindly follow a Sandshrew who may or may not be trying to help you, or stop and allow yourself to be devoured by the tombs whilst hoping for a miracle way out...

Kairne: Despite the fact Swinub has clearly been spooked by whatever is coming your way, you decide to stay and face it. Standing your ground you can't help but shake slightly as the fearsome roaring moves ever closer, and before you know it a large shadow appears in the cavern opening. Glancing down at Trapinch, witnessing his eyes nearly bugging out of his little head, your look back up to find yourself face to face with a terrifyingly gruesome blood covered Ursaring who nearly has you soiling your pants. The blood. So much blood you're starting to feel faint. But whose blood? Who or what has Ursaring ravaged that it would be covered in so much blood? Upon finding you here Ursaring unleashes a deafening roar that echoes far into the depths of the old mineshafts, its teeth now looking more like fangs, those things on its hands second by second appearing more like razors than claws, and you can't help but feel you've bitten off more than you can chew by thinking you and Trapinch will be able to defend yourself against this terrifying Pokémon. Ursaring's eyes flick from you to Trapinch then back to you before it unleashes a blood-curdling roar and lunges straight for you...

blazeVA: For a moment you could swear you see a flicker of fear in the kid's eyes when you threaten him but then he smirks, replying, "Or what?!" before following through with his action. A tight knot of nausea clenches in your stomach as he does so, and you watch the light fade from Swellow's eyes as she loses consciousness, her babies now utterly defenceless against this sadistic little... kid. Lemon Drop is beside herself with rage, a feeling mirrored in your own heart after the atrocity you've just witnessed, and while Lemon Drop's fist charges with fighting energy the boy laughs loudly, slapping his thigh comically as he laughs and points at your partner. "Oh God!' he roars hysterically. "Oh God! Oh God! Oh God! He actually thinks a bunny rabbit is going to fight me." Falling to his knees he clutches his stomach, practically in stitches. "A BUNNY RABBIT IS GONNA GET ME!" he chokes, barely able to contain himself. So taken aback that at first you're not sure how to react, the one feeling that is unmistakeable is your complete and utter contempt for this less-than-human specimen rolling around on the ground crying with laughter. You'd so love to crush him right now, but it seems he's starting to pull himself together as he gets to his feet, still giggling, and removes a Pokéball from his pocket that he tosses forward to reveal a Corphish. "I'll tell ya what," he smirks. "You beat my Pokémon and I'll give you all the Taillow I just caught."

Last edited by enchantress; 03-27-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #325
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Quote:
OOC: Well, I have to go through here, may as well make the most of this; I hope the Arcane Realm will help me identify many problems I have with RPing. Also trying some new RP styles, to see how they work. Please don't hesitate to point out anything that's wrong with this post, and any of my future posts.

Cele lay atop his Double Black Bed, flipping over from side to side, trying to catch some sleep. No matter how much he tossed and turned, he couldn't seem to get the right position. Frustrated, he threw the black blanket onto the floor, before getting up and going to the living room to lay down on the couch. He had not been sleeping well the past few days, and he didn't know why. After a few moments, a brown, furry quadrupedal Pokemon appeared in the entrance and moved towards Cele, jumping on the couch to cuddle with him. Cele petted the Eevee, before getting up once again. "Hey there, Shade," Cele started. "Looks like you're not the only one who can't sleep," Cele said. "Vee..." Shade replied with a nod, before affectionately licking Cele. In a matter of moments, the two of them fell asleep.

The next morning, Cele awoke to the sound of his Pokemon. Glancing at his Poketch, he saw that he had woken up late, and none of his Pokemon had bothered to awake, letting him sleep instead. Neptune, his Wartortle, and Raijin, his Emolga had already hogged the television, browsing through channels. They eventually started fighting over the remote, trying to decide which channels watch. Cele let out a sigh and walked towards the bedroom. Not to his surprise, Larry the Aron was asleep in his bed as usual. "I have got to take a break from all this," Cele thought to himself.

Quickly, he took his Laptop and began browsing the Internet for any good, relaxing place. He stumbled across Whale Island's Ampere Beach, seeing its blue sea, relaxing sun and sheets of sand. "Perfect," he said, beginning to pack his bags. Shade entered the bedroom once again, and nuzzled Cele affectionately. "Hey, Shade, I'm going to Ampere Beach for a while. Want to come?" Cele offered. "Eevee!" Shade replied with an energetic nod. "Okay, we'll be leaving in fifteen minutes! Go get ready!" Cele said, and Shade happily trotted off to make himself decent enough to go in public.

"Now, which Pokemon should I take with me?" Cele pondered. "I'm already taking Shade. In case anything goes wrong in the water, I think Nephro will do well, being a Corphish. Soren will have to come, as a Hoothoot, if anyone gets lost, he'll be perfect. Besides, he wouldn't agree to me going without him anyway. Hecate needs to get out more, that Duskull never does anything. I'll think of the other two later," Cele decides.

Upon packing everything he needs, and taking Soren, Hecate and Nephro into their Pokeballs, Cele prepares to head out, with Shade by his side, outside of his Pokeball. "Boing!" he calls, his voice echoing throughout the Secret Base. After a while, a rhythmic bouncing is heard, and a Spoink appears. "Boing, I need you to take us to Ampere Beach, you think you can handle that?" Cele asks. For a few moments, the Spoink appears to be thinking, then he replies with a nod and he glows faintly white, his pearl shining a brilliant blue light...

Crackle!

In a flash of light, Cele, Shade and Boing appear in the snow-capped mountain range that is the Silverton Ranges. Cele nearly faints when he realizes what has happened, and Boing turns away, and embarrassed look on his face. "Spoi..." Boing says. Cele then crouches on one knee so he can face Boing. "It's okay, Boing," he starts. "I know you're not good with long distance Teleporting, I shouldn't have asked you to take me all the way to Ampere Beach," Cele says. The Spoink's embarrassed expression fades, and he hugs Cele, before nearly falling over, but being caught by Cele. "That Teleport must've taken a lot out of you. Take a good rest, Boing," Cele says, pulling a Psychic Ball from his Bag, and recalling Boing.

A cold gust of wind blows by the duo standing alone in the Silverton Ranges. "Eevee..." Shade mutters, feeling a bit chilled. "Sorry Shade, but I don't have a jacket either. At least you have a fur collar to keep your neck warm, all I have is my hoodie!" Cele says with a smile. Shade rolls his eyes, before jumping into Cele's arms. "Okay, how about we keep each other warm?" Cele says, placing the rear end of Shade's body in his hoodie. "Well, since we're here, and Boing won't be able to Teleport us back for a while, we may as well have a look around!" Cele offers, to which Shade reluctantly agrees, the pair going off together, waiting for want fate has in store for them.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records