We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
jesus christ what is modern gaming
Imagine I linked that parody Steam game about opening loot boxes here
Old 01-24-2018, 06:31 PM   #477
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

To be fair I could play the game. I said I'd buy SFV when it has an Arcade mode and that is totally available to be played with any of the 16 default characters. But with the game whining at me for not having it up to date and saying I won't earn any Fighter Money I figure I may as well wait it out until I've got the total package. They were running a campaign letting peeps try out the newly released Sakura for a week... which I totally miss out on cause of all this nonsense lol.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:14 PM   #478
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Playing: Mechwarrior Online (I have more hours into this dumb game than Overwatch)

Piranha just came out, might as well be a gay fish

Spoiler: show
neener neener i'm comin' for that posterior
Old 02-04-2018, 05:39 PM   #479
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Demo'd!
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
Wow what a demo! All of the prologue and chapter 1 an took close ta 8 hours to get through it! MH Stories demo all over again! I first heard of this game like a week or so back an suddenly I'm playing the demo an wanting to get out there an pre-order the full game! Pretty easy rpg to get into an mostly uncomplicated to aside from having ta keep track of time travelling craziness! Love the PS1 era sprites on polygon world look and the musics nice to so far. Looking forward to the rest of it!
Old 02-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #480
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Get!
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
That demo left me wanting more an now I can have not just more but all of it! Already put a few hours into this!

Secret of Mana
This remake looks, sounds, an plays good to me so far! Made it to the point of getting kicked outta the village an not much further. I love that you can now change directions while dashing instead of being locked into a straight line! And I set the item count max to 12 so take revenge on the originals early game being a real jerk to me for years ^_^!

Beat!
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition
- 00:20:43
After 3 weeks I went an did something I coulda done all along! By this point I'd forgotten what the tutorial taught me so idk how to V-trigger or anything. But its fine, playing through the SFV arcade mode on easy posed little trouble! I rolled with Rashid an it turns out he's pretty cool! The game really looks nice I gotta say! The art styles only really off-putting when seeing closeups or stills of characters. Most of the stages seem to have some interactive element to 'em which is cool!
Old 02-16-2018, 09:59 PM   #481
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Playing: Warframe: The True Purpose of the Space Ninja is to Flip Out and Kill People (how do I have 100+ hours already)

BORKED

My long journey to find a loot shooter to fritter away my days may have come to an end. I may also have problems.

-Of the loot shooters I've played recently, this one is probably most my speed. Destiny 2 is a trash fire I've bitched about earlier in this thread and The Division--while much better than I expected--is still comparatively grounded by trying to maintain some level of realism despite the fact that you're playing one of Tom Clancy's future combat wet dreams. Meanwhile, Warframe is happy to hang closer to the sword-firing shotgun end of the continuum while you rocket through levels murdering everyone like Sonic the Hedgehog's workplace shooting.

-A space ninja for every flavor. Sword ninjas! Gun ninjas! Ice ninjas! Fire ninjas! Chinese twink ninjas! Mummy ninjas! Pirate ninjas! Ninja ninjas!

-They took a page from Destiny's rival faction system by making all the Syndicates you can ally with some flavor of psychotic asshole to the point where choosing any of them on a non-insane moral axis is totally pointless, so you may as well go with the one that gives you the coolest shit. Seriously, one of the factions is a fanatical death cult formed by a literal sperg and another talks ominously about the need to return to "human purity" in a posthuman future where many of the galaxy's inhabitants are clones or were probably gene-tampered with by the asshole fallen precursor civilization. There's also a faction run by Thomas Friedman.

-It's F2P, but this needs to be understood in the context of having limited inventory space for your fancy new guns and warframes, and that extra space can only be bought with the game's premium currency. Since your account level (which controls access to which guns/frames you can use) is tied to how many of your individual guns and frames you have leveled in turn, this is the game's vaguely-subtle way of shaking its change cup at you. The slots are relatively cheap (and are arguably the best use of the game's premium spacebux), but get ready to open your wallet unless...

-You want to chinafarm for things to sell in trade chat, because premium currency is tradeable in game. Poor people with nothing but time on their hands performing mindless drudgery for the benefit of indifferent rich benefactors is so American you won't believe the game is run by a Canadian company.

Last edited by Blastoise; 02-17-2018 at 03:21 AM.
Blastoise is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games