UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 09-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #76
deoxys
Fog Badge

Spike Chunsoft announced Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode today for Vita, looks like a third person shooter??? http://gematsu.com/2013/09/danganron...ed-for-ps-vita

And it appears they also announced Dangan Ronpa 3

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #77
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

The first title means "Absolute Despair Girl"... Should be interesting!

I also just got my DR0 books in today... slow going on the first page, but I'm committed to it now!

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #78
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

DR1 Spoilers.

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
If Monokuma can alter memories, it's possible that Mukurou was initially cosplaying as Junko under his mind control - that would explain why Monokuma executed "Junko", for the threat of that disguise coming unraveled. Junko was the only character that Monokuma personally killed, and for rather flimsy reasons when we consider the point of this game is for reality TV entertainment. Everyone else was killed by another student. I think it would be a pretty visually impressive twist too to have a character seemingly "come back to life" in an anime where death is apparently quite permanent.
PIN PON

Wow, I'm impressed!

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 09-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #79
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
DR1 Spoilers.

PIN PON

Wow, I'm impressed!
Call me pessimistic, but I've seen too many people who "have a theory" on SA who flat out spoil the game with the game having yet offered no context to make such theories from (as far as the LP has gotten).

So yeah. When people waltz in with supreme insight from the get-go, I get a little suspicious.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #80
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
I'm mostly skeptical of games that include a mostly-to-all female cast that is populated by loli-looking girls, because I know that most of the content is not aimed at me and I have no interest in games that are going to be highly driven by male-female relationships.
I was seriously going to leave this one alone, I really was, and then Episode 13 aired and ...

Constantly. Not that the rest of Dangan Ronpa didn't have plenty of heterosexual fanservice via teenage swim star Asahina Aoi. And not that you could've told a damn thing about whether the game would or would not be to your liking just from the opening character shots alone. But good gravy did Episode 13 go nuts with Junko's breasts, proving once again that the games I recommended to you are far more mature and far less red-blooded than Dangan Ronpa proved to be.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #81
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Should note that I decided to go through here to see what people were saying about Dangan Ronpa 1 ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I think one of Copygoo's very first posts fucking spoiled me on the end of DR2. If not the end of the game, then at least as far as he had gotten up to that point. If it were up to me, I had the power, and I cared about this franchise? 1, instantly edit his post to say "Spoilers thru Update #36 of Dangan Ronpa 2". 2, make an announcement pointing everyone to my thread on proper spoiler tag etiquette. 3, ban for one week the next fucker who doesn't take that thread to heart and ends up spoiling anybody on something because of a poorly labeled spoiler tag.

Lucky for you, I don't have that authority. And lucky for me, Dangan Ronpa 1 was so underwhelming that I feel like you've just spoiled me on the ending to the fourth Twilight book. (Also, I can't be certain you spoiled the very end. 36 updates could be a lot for a Let's Play of a visual novel, and it could also be like nothing.) But yeah, seriously, people. If you don't want to spoil your flock -- if you don't want to ruin Heaven for your like-minded friends who feel Dangan Ronpa is the best thing since fried chicken -- learn to label things better. If the thread is called "Dangan Ronpa", not "Dangan Ronpa 2", and if the post is the fifth one in the thread, and if you're not quote-replying to anyone's text clearly about DR2, indicate which of the two games you're about to spoil. HELP YOUR FELLOW FANS OUT! Today, you ruined the game for me. Big deal. You don't like me anyway and I don't much like this franchise. But tomorrow you could ruin shit for someone like redpanda or Fallen Icarus. For Midgeorge or for big bad birtha. Someone you like and someone who might have thought DR1 was so awesome they now want to see what you guys had to say about it here. Think about them, and go back through this thread right now and edit your posts. Edit any and all of your posts which may not be clearly labeled for which game (and far into which game) they're spoiling, and add that helpful little clue that'll help spare someone from having the climax prematurely ruined for them.

Normally I can be pretty good about forcing myself to forget a spoiler like the one Copy posted, but unfortunately ...

Dangan Ronpa 2 spoiler ("thru Update 36", whatever that may mean to you):

this particular spoiler's unforgettable. Here's why. When you say teruteru, that immediately calls to mind teruteru bouzu, little handmade dolls made from paper or cloth that you hang to ward off the rain. It's such an iconic phrase that just hearing "teruteru" makes the brain autocomplete with "bouzu". It's also not a normal name by any means for any human being, whether as a given name or as a family name. Even if I forget tonight -- which is possible -- and forget over the course of the next year -- still possible -- the very moment I meet this Teruteru character again in DR2, I'm likely to remember your spoiler. Unless I get reaaaaaally lucky. Like I said, I can sometimes will myself to forget spoilers, so it's not like *all* hope is lost.

Oh, and just to be clear: no one should tell me whether he did or did not spoil the end of the game. That's only going to make things worse. Don't confirm anything in either direction. No confirming/rejecting that it's the end of the game, and no confirming/rejecting that it's mid-game.

Last edited by Talon87; 09-27-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #82
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I was seriously going to leave this one alone, I really was, and then Episode 13 aired and ...

Constantly. Not that the rest of Dangan Ronpa didn't have plenty of heterosexual fanservice via teenage swim star Asahina Aoi. And not that you could've told a damn thing about whether the game would or would not be to your liking just from the opening character shots alone. But good gravy did Episode 13 go nuts with Junko's breasts, proving once again that the games I recommended to you are far more mature and far less red-blooded than Dangan Ronpa proved to be.
For what it's worth, the game didn't really have any explicit fanservice aside from that one Asahina CG.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #83
phoopes
Double Dragon

So is SDR2 completely translated yet? I'd like to watch solelyvideos like I did with DR1. Don't really feel like reading, but if I have to I might.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #84
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

SDR2 the game isn't translated so you can't watch a video Let's Play but you can read it via hopping between different picture-and-text translations.

Go here for the beginning up to Chapter 3.

Go here for the rest of Chapter 3.

Go here for Chapter 4 to the end.

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #85
phoopes
Double Dragon

Yeah that's what I sort of figured after Googling didn't help. I found a video translation on YouTube up to what is like the end of Chapter 1 I think? (Didn't look too closely because spoilers) Thanks for the links!
Old 12-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #86
phoopes
Double Dragon

Currently in Chapter 1, and it's brilliant so far. Just came across the funniest thing so far, IMO.

Monobear: Monomi gets angry very quickly, doesn't she...?
Monobear: You bastards should be careful too. Monomi is dangerous when she's angry.
Monobear: ...She's like the tutorial boss in the first dungeon!

Old 12-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #87
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

The characters in SDR2 are all just wonderful have fun it's great <3

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 12-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #88
phoopes
Double Dragon

Pre-Chapter 1 Trial predictions:

Thinking Souda is the killer here. I feel like Pekoyama is the obvious choice for being most suspicious since she wasn't in the office where she was supposed to be when the circuit-breaker tripped, but Souda was the one who went to the office immediately after the lights came on, so I feel like he may have had the opportunity to tamper there. Thinking it could also be Gundam since it seems he got under the floorboards to get his earring back, but I think he's too crazy to kill someone, if that makes sense. I think the murder weapon has to be the missing skewer from the kitchen, and Hanamura said it was missing when he got there. Either he's lying, or I think the only person that could have had it is Komaeda, since he was in there cleaning earlier... no I'll stick with my gut. Souda it is.

During trial reactions:

EDIT:
OH KOMAEDA YOU MOTHERFUCKER. Just got to the part with the lamp chord. He was the one closest to it. Has to be him. I had mentioned him pre-trial for being there to set up the murder, but then when he started to talk about giving up in the middle of the trial, I knew something was fishy. He hasn't been accused yet but man they are going to nail him so hard.

EDIT2:
OH KOMAEDA YOU MOTHERFUCKER. Just got to the part where we find out Komaeda couldn't get to his knife. I guess this means that my hunch of Souda being the killer could still possibly be true, but I'm still really confused. Darn it Dangan Ronpa and your twists! Could also be Hanamura because of the skewer and Gundam because he managed to get under the floorboards for his earring... gah I'll stick with Souda.

EDIT3:
It's okay, Kuzuryuu, I believe you, you were never at the party... And Souda snuck out to "check the office." My hunch might just be right!

EDIT4:
OH KOMAEDA YOU MOTHERFUCKER. (felt like saying that again) This is just before he starts his "counterargument" sequence with Hinata. Like Hinata says, is this a game to him? Komaeda for least likable character 2013.

EDIT5:
So after the counterargument sequence, it has to be Hanamura. Right? Using the portable stove as light and blocking that with the fire doors so he could go to the storage room, and kill with the skewer. That has to be it. I'm just glad they're getting rid of the pervert early on this time, instead of waiting a while like they did with Yamada in DR1.

EDIT6:
Okay so there wasn't another twist at the end it really turned out to be Hanamura. I really didn't like him at all but when he explained his motivation was just trying to stop Komaeda... well I gained a bit of respect for him (EDIT7: Okay so I read further and that actually wasn't the case, oops), AND for Togami. Wow, this guy is very similar to (his dad?) the Togami from DR1, but trying to sacrificing himself to protect Komaeda, even though Komaeda was going for a weapon is applause-worthy. Togami from DR1 was a prick, but this Togami... is a pretty awesome guy, I think.

Oh, but I lost even more for Komaeda. Honestly, Komaeda is my least favorite character by far. He's absolutely insane. Not even the fun kind of insane, like Genocider Shou from DR1. He's the creepy kind of insane that I really hate. Not to mention he looks like Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh!, another character I don't exactly like... at least he said something that made me laugh.

Komaeda: Even if you manage to stop me this time, I am not going to give up.
Komaeda: If not tonight, it'll happen tomorrow. Or the day after. I don't care how long it takes... I will start this mutual killing... no matter what.

All I could think of was this.

EDIT8 (7 is within 6):
Holy shit that execution. I thought it was going to end with the missiles but being dropped into a volcano too? Daaaammmmnnnn...

Last edited by phoopes; 12-30-2013 at 09:04 PM.
phoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #89
phoopes
Double Dragon

Chapter 1 was a doozy, that's for sure.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #90
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Chapter 1 was a doozy, that's for sure.
Oh boy

Old 12-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #91
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copygoo View Post
Oh boy
This. So much this.

Oh? Did I read both DR and DR2 without ever posting?
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #92
Sneaze
Mrow?

Right, about to FINALLY start reading SDR2. Wish me luck and let's see if I can figure these things out.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #93
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Please liveblog everything here please please please

Like all of your first impressions of each character

Old 12-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #94
Sneaze
Mrow?

I was planning on it... and to start...

WTF IS WITH FAT TOGAMI WTF?

Edit:
Okay Usami's entrance is pretty freaking great

Edit2:
SUDDENLY ON A BEACH BECAUSE OKAY THEN

Edit3:
NO KILLING. ONLY LOVE. FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC BITCHES.

Edit4:
Wow Hajime is a prick. I do like that they made Nagito SHSL Good Luck. It's a nice twist on things.

Edit5:
I'm already at that point where I'm not sure if I think Nagito is great or I hate him. He's super cheery and that's kind of cool considering it's the exact opposite of how Naegi was, but they make way too many comparisons between the two.

Edit6:
Not sure how I feel about Kazuichi... he just seems... off. Not in an "I think he's going to up and kill somebody" kind of way but in a "Is this guy going to be that character that dicks around all game but nothing of note happens with" kind of way.

Edit7:
GUNDAM IS NOW MY FAVORITE CHARACTER EVER OKAY. I DON'T CARE IF I JUST MET HIM. IF THIS MAN DIES I WILL BREAK MY COMPUTER HE IS TOO FUCKING FUNNY TO DIE.

Edit8:
Mikan made me chuckle a bit, but I lost my shit at her likes and hates. Seriously. She likes toilets? WHAT? And "things that are too big"? ...okay then. I'm just going to let that implication fly by on the SHSL Nurse.

Edit9:
Ibuki may just be my spirit animal.

Edit10:
Nekomaru is just... okay then. I hope he dies early so I don't have to read caps constantly.

Edit11:
And then there's Fuyuhiko the stereotypical angry guy who I kinda hope lasts a while for the sake of chuckles.

Edit12:
Mahiru seems pretty down to earth. I like her. Hope she gets some nice fleshing out later, whether she lives or dies.

Edit13:
I'm sorry Ibuki but I changed my mind Chiaki is my spirit animal. Fuck it, they both can be.

Edit14:
Peko seems interesting... they didn't really get into detail with her much other than "she can cut a bitch".

Edit15:
OH MY GOD TERUTERU COOL YOUR JETS THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY GAME. ABOUT MURDERING PEOPLE. Though I doubt Sonia is as ditsy as she's letting on. winkwinknudgenudgesaynomore

Edit16:
Tits McGee II Akane seems to be here just for eye candy. YES I'M SO SURE YOU ARE A GYMNAST WITH THOSE FUCKING WATERMELONS.

Edit17:
AHAHAHA HIYOKO WHAT. Squish all them ants. Man this lineup is getting more incredibly hilarious by the minute.

Edit18:
OMG Byakuya makes his own fat jokes what the hell is going on anymore?

Edit19:
WTF MONOBEAR. WTF FIGHTING STUFFED ANIMALS. WTF STATUE ROBOT.

Edit20:
DEAD RABBIT IS DEAD. STOPPING FOR NOW.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut

Last edited by Sneaze; 12-31-2013 at 12:29 AM.
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #95
Toyo
hail

Fine I'll do it too. >.> Hyphens (-) are new points, tildes (~) are additives to the above thing.

Spoilers for the Prolouge of DR2.

- Fat Togami lol =3 MonoPinkBunny is awesome.

- Time for a... field trip? ._.
~ EVERYTHING IS PINK MY EYES ARE BLEEDING XJIANFANDA
~ Alright we cool. Suddenly beach.

- KOWAWA KNOWS TOO MUCH. SUSPICIOUS.
~ whoops that's not his/her name. Nagito Komedea? Seems like NPC Naegi to me. Alright!

- Kazuichi Souda, voted most likely to kill his classmates! Look at that grin.
- IT'S ERIDA- Oh no, wait. Just a dude named Gundam Tanaka. Still badass.
~ "Four Dark Gods of Destruction" oh my god your hamsters are harbringers of doom I LOVE YOU
~ "There’s a rumor he can even talk to animals… but that’s probably just a joke" BS KOWAWA HIS AWESOMENESS HAS TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO ANIMALS
~ "Hates: Earthly existence" *swoon*

- LENS FLARES
- Mikan Tsumiki, the SHSL Nurse. Why is she needed on an island dedicated to peace and love and hope and whatever? =S I SEE YOUR PLOT, DR2.
- Ibuki Mioda, based on K-ON!. Neat stuffs. inb4 killed by the Four Dark Gods of Destruction (I hope this is what happens; everybody is eaten by the FDGoD =3)
~ Aww she's actually kinda cool. Not as awesome as Animal!Eridan, but still cool.

- Nekomaru Nidai. SHSL Badass. Or Coach. But Badass sounds much cooler.

Now sleep, and continue tomorrow *flees*
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:11 AM   #96
phoopes
Double Dragon

"Chapter 1 is more of an introductory chapter. The real interesting story doesn't begin until Chapter 2 I think." -video extra before chapter 2

what how is this possible I'm so hooked already
Old 12-31-2013, 12:41 AM   #97
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

SDR2 is a rollercoaster ride of emotions.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 12-31-2013, 10:47 AM   #98
phoopes
Double Dragon

Chapter 2: Unbelievable amounts of fanservice so far.

EDIT: Chapter 2 Spoiler
FUCK THEY KILLED KOIZUMI WHHYYYY ;_;

She was one of my favorites

Last edited by phoopes; 12-31-2013 at 10:53 AM.
phoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #99
phoopes
Double Dragon

Pre-Trial 2 Predictions:
Okay, so the obvious ones are Saionji and Kuzuryuu. Which means they probably didn't kill Koizami. I'm a bit suspicious of Owari, who came in to the diner covered in blood... seemingly everyone's just forgotten about that. I think it would all point to Saionji but the gummy bear found in the closet was yellow, which doesn't match up to any of the flavors of the gummies she bought. Kuzuryuu seems like his motive would be to take revenge for the death of his sister, so it could be him. There's a lot more evidence for Kuzuryuu but my gut says Owari, so toss-up between those two I think.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #100
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Some of these reactions just make no sense.

Looking at you, phoopes. :3

Also, does this thread have any comments on the official localization of the first game, with English voice-actors and everything?

Last edited by kaisap112; 12-31-2013 at 04:57 PM.
kaisap112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment