UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #1201
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

The meta is almost only d
ino rabbits. Dark worlds are making a strong come back and inzektors and wind-ups are prevalent as well. Nothing else is much of a contender with few exception

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Old 04-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #1202
phoopes
Double Dragon

While not meta (at least, not that I'm aware of) I run two decks pretty well, X-Sabers and Stellars. Those work almost as well as my Wind-Up deck for swarming the field.

EDIT: The name of that card is Rescue Rabbit.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #1203
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
While not meta (at least, not that I'm aware of) I run two decks pretty well, X-Sabers and Stellars. Those work almost as well as my Wind-Up deck for swarming the field.

EDIT: The name of that card is Rescue Rabbit.
Stellars are very good at swarming for the Xyz.

Built a few new decks, all specializing in Lockdowns. One in particular claims to be one of the hardest locks in the game to break. I'll probably be up for testing tomorrow.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #1204
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I completely revamped my deck last night, and was going to duel BBB but misread my IMs and missed him by a whole 45 minutes. I want to test this out so if anyone wants to have a go at it, I'm ready and waiting. I have no idea how it'll fare.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #1205
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari View Post
Stellars are very good at swarming for the Xyz.

Built a few new decks, all specializing in Lockdowns. One in particular claims to be one of the hardest locks in the game to break. I'll probably be up for testing tomorrow.
Same here, I just discovered a very nice one earlier today and it may or may not be what you're talking about. I'm going to be building it tonight... it looks like it would be incredibly frightening to play against.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Old 04-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #1206
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Tyranitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner89 View Post
The meta is almost only d
ino rabbits. Dark worlds are making a strong come back and inzektors and wind-ups are prevalent as well. Nothing else is much of a contender with few exception
Obviously, Six Sams should make a comeback. #fuckyeahshien
Old 04-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #1207
deoxys
Fog Badge

Did you just hashtag shien?
Old 04-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #1208
phoopes
Double Dragon

Just had 3 duels with Dopple, won 2-1.

First game: I had an awful hand, and Dopple OTK'd me with Shooting Quasar Dragon... on his first turn.
Second game: Kind of the other way around here. I took him down to 1200 LP on my second turn, and finished him off the third turn.

Third game: This... wow. It looked like Dopple could have won the game halfway through the duel with Shooting Star Dragon, but he was too paranoid to attack. This actually was smart, because I had Dimensional Prison out. However, later on he played Mystical Space Typhoon, and out of my three facedown traps, he had to pick that one. Dopple could've won the duel here, but was still too paranoid to do so. Later, Dopple flips Morphing Jar, which really helped me out. At the time, I thought I had the game won with a cool combo, but I'd later find out that Shooting Star Dragon is really overpowered and would negate that combo. However, I didn't even get there because of Book of Moon. But the very next turn I was able to get both Adreus and Number 39: Utopia out through Wind-Up comboing. This is where I thought I had the game, but then Dopple informed me that if I used Adreus' effect, not only would it be negated but it would be destroyed as well, because Shooting Star Dragon it really overpowered, xd.

Anyway, this is where Dopple finally decided to attack, but I negated with Utopia's effect. I sent a Light monster to the grave, which means I was finally able to summon BLS and banish his Dragon. However, seeing that he didn't have Mirror Force in his Graveyard, I used Monster Reborn to summon Dopple's Stardust Dragon to my side of the field so I could negate that effect. I didn't need it, and finished Dopple off that turn. That last battle came down to the wire, and I only won because Dopple played too conservatively. There's a screenshot of the final scene of the third game below.

gg's, Dopple. Great deck.

Spoiler: show
Old 04-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #1209
deoxys
Fog Badge

Well, I may as well spill the beans on my newest deck since everyone will wind up knowing anyway.

I made a Flint Lock Loop deck. No, I won't tell you what it is or how it works, if you want to know, look it up! It worked against unownmew in my duel against him, kind of, but failed to Dopple twice. The second game was pathetic simply because he got out Shooting Quasar Dragon on the third turn and ended the game :/

I wish I had a quicker way to get my cards out, but I have no idea what I'd do.

It's a fun deck and has the very real potential to be scary, but only if I can figure out a way to make it legit by getting cards out faster. Tips? Advice? I'm lookin' at you, tuner...
Old 04-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #1210
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

I don't have much advice for you, it's not a great deck =\

You can improve it by running cards like pot of duality, or upstart goblin, one day of peace, dark world dealings.

There's plenty more you can do to speed things up and even make the loop possible consistently every single game.

The problem is you're going to lose every game. If you want the loop consistently, you need to run 40 cards, most of which are designed to mill your deck quickly. if you want to survive and make the loop threatening, you need 60 cards, making it nearly impossible to get the loop... it's not possible to win =\

You could add Exodia, I suppose, to give you a win condition, but at that point it's better to just run exodia and forsake the loop.

It's a neat gimick, but it's not that threatening.

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Old 04-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #1211
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Okay my current burn deck is alright but I can't rely solely on it. I'd like to get out a new deck type, something I can use effectively. Any ideas?
Old 04-07-2012, 01:44 AM   #1212
deoxys
Fog Badge

Anything but swarm plz kthnx

Quote:
The problem is you're going to lose every game. If you want the loop consistently, you need to run 40 cards, most of which are designed to mill your deck quickly. if you want to survive and make the loop threatening, you need 60 cards, making it nearly impossible to get the loop... it's not possible to win =\
Not really. I'm running 45 cards in case of a deck out threat, and I have a few ways to win. Final Countdown, Ancient Sacred Wyvern, Fire Princess (added to the lock), a few others (just examples). I have ways to stall when need be and ways to overwhelm with attack if need be, too. Like I said, I already beat unownmew once, and would have fared well against Dopple given one or two more turns in one of the games.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #1213
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If I use Dark Bribe to thwart a Gem Knight Fusion, does the GKF player get to keep his two sacrifices? Ordinarily, I wouldn't see why not: but he made a special point of telling me when I didn't even ask him "Tributed creatures are not a cost of Gem Knight Fusion" and I was left wondering if he was full of shit or not. I know that for all other Spell cards, you have to do the negative shit first (e.g. discarding a card to play Lightning Vortex) and that if your opponent then decides to cancel the card well too bad for you. Should that have been the case here? (Note: this decided the match, so meh face -.- if it turns out he was lying.) I didn't feel like calling an admin at the time but just thought I'd ask here.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #1214
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

i don't know what this is but i hope it helps
Old 04-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #1215
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That doesn't help at all! That guy was asking if he could use Dark Bribe to cancel the spell card's in-graveyard effect ... which is retarded of him. What I'm asking is that if I used Dark Bribe to cancel the fusion card as it was played, does the guy get to keep his tributes? Ordinarily I'd think yes but YGO does a terrible job of distinguishing casting costs from card effects and I've seen plenty of other spell cards (e.g. Lightning Vortex) where you don't get the discarded card back even if your spell is cancelled. The guy making a special point of bringing it up unbidded, and it being what decided the outcome of the game, makes me wonder all the more if this was a case of cheating or not.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #1216
Talon87
時の彼方へ

This thread seems to suggest he cheated. Well, now I know. If it says "send," it's a cost.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #1217
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Just pulled a four turn win against Unownmew. He pulled out his Endimiyon on the first turn. Second turn I set a Shining Angel. Third turn it got destroyed and I special summoned another. Fourth turn I went straight into the Battle Phase and suicided the Angel to bring out a Watthopper. Then I went into Main Phase 2 and normal summoned a Watthopper from my hand, setting up an almost total lockdown. He realized this and left the duel.

GG for what it was worth.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #1218
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
That's a rather ambigious case. It specifically states in the rulings the second effect has a cost, and it is written as such: do this; do this.

But the first effect is more vague. I'd assume any wording like "Send..., then" or "send... to" denotes a cost, unless told otherwise by a judge.

Also, apology to Kusari, I didn't quit because I didn't want to face the situation, my internet has been really buggy this last 2 hours, kicking me from at least 3 duels already before yours. Really irritating, If I had had the choice, I'd have kept going till I drew my non-targeting Dark Hole to turn it around.

Last edited by unownmew; 04-07-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #1219
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew View Post
Also, apology to Kusari, I didn't quit because I didn't want to face the situation, my internet has been really buggy this last 2 hours, kicking me from at least 3 duels already before yours. Really irritating, If I had had the choice, I'd have kept going till I drew my non-targeting Dark Hole
I kinda thought something may have happened as you really don't seem like the type to rage quit. And yeah, Dark Hole would've really fucked me up. Luckily, there's one more piece of the lock that can prevent that: Wattchimera. Get's to attack direct and when it does successfully, the opponent has to put one card from their hand to the top of their deck, effectively preventing them from drawing any new cards.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #1220
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Get's to attack direct and when it does successfully, the opponent has to put one card from their hand to the top of their deck, effectively preventing them from drawing any new cards.
That's not how that would work. Consider the following:

Turn 7: unownmew has one card in hand. You attack him. You force him to put that card back on top of his deck.
Turn 8: unownmew draws that card once again. And this time, he sets it down on the field somewhere, somehow. Now he has zero cards in hand.
Turn 9: Your turn again. You attack again. He has to return one card in his hand to the top of his deck. Well, too bad for you, he has zero cards in hand.
Turn 10: unownmew draws a new card.

What your card does not do: prevent him from functionally drawing ever again.

What your card does do: force him to put his entire hand out onto the field if he ever wants to draw new stuff again.

What your card does is annoying, yes, and it could potentially lock him out of card draws if he's flooded his S/T field and that top card he keeps drawing is a spell or a trap card; but otherwise, all you're doing is annoying him. It's still very good, but it's not as broken-lockdown-awesome as you just made it out to be.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #1221
unownmew
Banned

Quote:
I kinda thought something may have happened as you really don't seem like the type to rage quit. And yeah, Dark Hole would've really fucked me up. Luckily, there's one more piece of the lock that can prevent that: Wattchimera. Get's to attack direct and when it does successfully, the opponent has to put one card from their hand to the top of their deck, effectively preventing them from drawing any new cards.
Unless I allowed my fieldhand to go empty in order to draw. If I had been smarter I would have prevented the lock in the first place by activating my set Book of Moon on your first summon, but I didn't. ^^;

I'd like to try again, if you're up. Hopefully my internet cooperates this time.
Also, now that I know the threats, I can counter them properly. ^^;

Last edited by unownmew; 04-07-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #1222
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
That's not how that would work. Consider the following:

Turn 7: unownmew has one card in hand. You attack him. You force him to put that card back on top of his deck.
Turn 8: unownmew draws that card once again. And this time, he sets it down on the field somewhere, somehow. Now he has zero cards in hand.
Turn 9: Your turn again. You attack again. He has to return one card in his hand to the top of his deck. Well, too bad for you, he has zero cards in hand.
Turn 10: unownmew draws a new card.

What your card does not do: prevent him from functionally drawing ever again.

What your card does do: force him to put his entire hand out onto the field if he ever wants to draw new stuff again.

What your card does is annoying, yes, and it could potentially lock him out of card draws if he's flooded his S/T field and that top card he keeps drawing is a spell or a trap card; but otherwise, all you're doing is annoying him. It's still very good, but it's not as broken-lockdown-awesome as you just made it out to be.
Like you said yourself, trying to get around Chimera by emptying the hand does have a chance to fill their field up and prevent them from using the lock-breaking card anyway. But assuming that doesn't happen and they can use the card, the entire deck is based around maintaining the lock. The lock itself is actually quite good, it just has an exploitable weakness in the form of Empty Hand. That said, the weakness isn't all that hard to mitigate. Chimera is still attacking directly for 1400 damage every time meaning the Empty Hand could be all in vain if Chimera drops you to zero before you can draw a lock breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew View Post
Unless I allowed my fieldhand to go empty in order to draw. If I had been smarter I would have prevented the lock in the first place by activating my set Book of Moon on your first summon, but I didn't. ^^;

I'd like to try again, if you're up. Hopefully my internet cooperates this time.
Also, now that I know the threats, I can counter them properly. ^^;
I'm taking off here pretty soon. Don't know when I'll be back. Maybe later of we're both on then.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #1223
unownmew
Banned

Fair enough. Later then.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #1224
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Hey VGM, how about Reese the Ice Mistress in place of Spirit Reaper?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #1225
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Threw together a Plant Beatdown deck that seems to be working pretty well. Anyone want to throw down?
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment