UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 08-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #76
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

This is awesome to hear

Now here's what I hope will be the final version! Please don't be afraid to speak up if you find the prices I've put there unfair
And now to wait for the mods to put their seal of approval

Quote:
Mew ŕ la Mode Boutique

In a suburb town near Fizzytopolis, in a busy shopping district, lies a gargantuan yet quaint-looking shop. Its design is definitely taken from Kalosian architecture, complete with the stylish light pink wooden sign hanging on the wall with "Mew ŕ la Mode Boutique" carved in, and the white and blue-striped awnings shading over the front. As you pull open the door, it hits the cute bell hanging from the ceiling, announcing your arrival over the sound of the soft, smooth jazz music playing through the facility's speakers. When you walk inside, the boutique's impressive capacity is more understood, as it is adapted to welcome Pokémon of any size so they can freely shop through the aisles of clothing, dyes, changing rooms, trimming stations and other specialized departments.

“Bonjour!” a young woman greets you with a warm smile while subtly sliding her 3DS behind her counter. “Bienvenue to Mew ŕ la Mode Boutique, where uniqueness and style truly shines! whether it is through accessories, dyes, or some other little je-ne-sais-quoi, we guarantee to transform your Pokémon just as one-of-a-kind on the outside than they already are on the inside! We also offer special services, including, item customization to fit them with your own personal touch, and spriting to capture your Pokémon's or your items' new look!

“Oh 'scuse-moi,” she chuckled to herself softly while offering her hand to shake, “I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Mélina Loiseau, owner of this boutique! Now, where shall we begin our tour?”

Pokémon-Related Services

Special Characteristics Registration

We all know that all our Pokémon are unique, whenever in obvious, subtle or unusual ways. As the bread and butter of our shop, we are able to officially keep on record some physical aspects your partners may have!

Some aspects of Pokémon can different from the usual: coloring, birthmarks, scars, physical deformities and handicaps, and alternative height and size... all should be registered here!

General Special Characteristic Rules:
(Applies to all Special Characteristics)
  • All special characteristics requires a justification/origin related to it. No need of an essay – just a short summary will do! It's not just a paperwork thing - we love to hear their stories!
  • You can put as many characteristics as you want at any time (ex.: Add one scar then add a different one later), as long as it does not overwrite an already registered characteristic (ex.: After setting an altered height/size, you cannot set a new one after; after choosing colors, you cannot set new colors)
    • If you want to replace a characteristic, you need to use a Natural Spray to remove the old one before adding the new one. (See information on the Natural Spray below for details.)
  • By default, none of the special characteristics, including weight/height, does not give any advantage or disadvantage to the Pokémon. (All moves and actions are considered as if done by an unmodified Pokémon.)
    • That said, it is at the updator's discretion to choose otherwise, but this should be considered as the exception and not the norm.
  • Trading does not get rid of any of the special characteristics.
    • Note however that when an altered Pokémon is given for adoption, it loses all of its special characteristics. As unusual Pokémon are more difficult to be adopted, we have the pleasure to help the Adoption Center by sending them constant donations of Natural Sprays!
  • If, for any reason, your Special Characteristic request has been denied, you will not be charged.

Available Special Characteristics and related rules:
Coloring ($100): Color(s) of the fur, skin, scales, feathers, etc. that varies from the normal colors. We are the only place in the world able to register this particular trait, so it's no surprise it is the most popular characteristic to register!
  • Colored Pokémon that looks too similar to their shiny form are not allowed, therefore any request to register such a coloring will be denied.
    • As colors and whatnot can be subjective, the decision of denying or accepting colors in terms of the shiny coloring can be reversed, if the original judgment/decision has been proven incorrect.

Birthmarks ($50): Includes freckles, spots, and stripes.

Scars ($50): Includes scratches, burns and other lasting marks made by injuries. Life as a Pokémon can be really rough. It is no surprise to see a scar here and there.

Physical deformities and handicaps ($50): Anything goes, as long as the deformity/handicap:
  1. exists naturally in the real world;
  2. is not exaggerated or extremely exceptional; and
  3. does not cause physical pain to the Pokémon. We're a boutique, not a Pokémon Center!

Size ($100): Changing the size (height and/or weight) of the Pokémon compared to the average height and weight stated in the Pokédex. I mean, Pokémon comes in all shapes and sizes between species, but also within the same species!
  • All new sizes must be registered as a multiplier or a percentage comparing to the Pokédex sizes. (No feet/inches, no meters, no kilograms, no pounds, etc.)
  • A size of a Pokémon can be reduced, at its lowest, to a third (0.33x or 33%) of its average Pokédex size.
  • A size of a Pokémon can be increased, at most, to double (2x or 200%) of its average Pokédex size.
  • If a sizing is judged to be too exaggerated, unbelievable or unhealthy for the Pokémon's species, the resize request can be denied.
    • If the decision of the acceptance or denial of the resizing is later deemed unfair or incorrect, it can be reversed.

Auras (Unavailable): A special glow that surrounds a Pokémon.
As the accessibility and purpose of auras are still in discussion, it is currently only available when your Pokémon have a maximum Bond.

Furfrou Hair Trimming

The Poodle Pokémon's hair is so thick and fluffy. It's no wonder it is the number 1 Pokémon for fashionistas, celebrities, and even royalty!

Own a Furfrou and tired of its natural fur coat? With $100, we can fix that by trimming its fur into one of the magnificent styles that are all the rage! Best of all, our groomers are so talented, their trims can withstand the test of time – it stays there permanently!

Here's the available trims:
Dandy
Debutante
Diamond
Heart
Kabuki
La Reine
Matron
Pharaoh
Star
Want your pooch to have its casual, natural coat back? No problem! For $50, we can undo its special trim.

Natural Spray

Tired of the recolor your Pokémon got a while ago? Your Pokémon's emotional scars have healed and wants its physical scars to heal along with them? Or perhaps you received a coveted Pokémon but came out of the trading machine... not quite in the way you expected to have it? Why should we be forced of keeping a certain style, when we have the technology to change it?

For just $150, you can purchase and use our Natural Spray, which removes any (of your choice) or all recoloring and special characteristics on a single Pokémon, in which you can then replace the removed modifications with new ones afterwards.

Just make sure you use it here so we can take note of your Pokémon's changes. (We also want to make sure you use the Natural Spray correctly, so you don't hurt your Pokémon by accident!)

Item-Related Services

Non-Official Accessories

I know Pokémon doesn't really need to be dressed or anything, but you they look great with clothing and accessories – just ask Starlette, my Cosplay Pikachu! We pride ourselves to have the widest choice of all the region – from signature pieces of top brands to the unique designs from a local Sewaddle tailor – we have everything you want... or didn't even know you wanted! And if somehow we actually don't have it, we'll order it for you!

If you want to dress up your Pokémon just for fun, this is the right place! Pretty much any piece of clothing or accessory of any design of your choice can be purchased:
  • Headgear (Hats, Helmets, Headbands, Bandanas, Ribbons, Wigs, etc)
  • Trousers
  • Shorts
  • Dresses
  • Robes
  • Shirts
  • Skirts
  • Coats (Coats, Jackets, Vests, etc)
  • Footwear (Socks, Shoes, Flippers, etc)
  • Scarves
  • Capes
  • Pipes
  • Gloves
  • Eye Wear (Glasses, Eye Patches, Snorkels, Goggles, Monocles, etc)
  • Belts
  • Plastic Weapons (Swords, Guns, Bow & Arrow, etc)
  • Jewellery
  • Badges
  • Toys (Balloons, Tricycles, Marbles, Kites, etc - No Dolls or Plushies)

Let your imagination and inner fashion designer go wild!
  • Non-official accessories are $50 apiece.
  • All non-official accessories can be made in any way (color, design) you wish!
  • All non-official accessories cannot be used as an advantage in adventures, battles or contests; they should be for decorative purposes only.

Official Contest Accessories

Due to the Contests being closed, we currently aren't selling any official contest accessories. When Contests will be reopened though, we'll make sure to stock up and have official contest accessories for sale!

Custom-Designed Pokédex

Ah, the good ol' Pokédex: The passport of every Pokémon Trainer in the world. In the past, the only differences between different Pokédex were the model depending on the region you're from and, on rare occasions, a different color depending on your gender. But we're able to change all that!

For $25, we can transfer the data of your current Pokédex into a brand new, basic red Pokédex from any region (including regions from spin-off games) of your choice!

We can also custom design your Pokédex, for a fee of $50. Just say what color/design you want, and we'll take care of the rest!

Need of a second Pokédex for some reason? No problem! You can buy a second one for $100. It includes both the choice of Pokédex type and the custom design, so make it in any way you like! As for copying your first Pokédex's data into your new one, that'll be at your discretion.

Custom-Designed Mega and Z Accessories

Obviously, most trainers want their Pokémon to be the very best like no Pokémon ever was, and items that triggers Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves are ways to go. They need to be easily and quickly accessible by both trainers and Pokémon. What better way to do so by turning them into a wonderful and fashionable accessories?

For $250, we can set a Key Stone or Mega Stone to any kind of accessory, or modify your Z-Ring into a completely different Z-accessory!

Spriting: General Rules

Whether you change your Pokémon's appearance or get new accessories, we can commemorate the moment with a portrait! What's the use of changing your appearance when you can't show it off?

When changing a Pokémon's appearance, buying a non-official accessory or customizing an item, you can request us to create a small sprite of them, just for you! However, due to the unusual nature and work needed of this service, special rules are applied:
  • Each sprite request has a fee of $100 (in addition to the price of the characteristic/item/accessory).
  • Sprites have to be requested; Not requesting a sprite will not get you one. Seems obvious, but our lawyers ask us to remind you, just in case!
  • A member can only request 4 sprites every 30 days. Art takes time! You cannot rush art!
  • Due to various reasons (time constraints, changes not visible on sprites, sprite too complex, etc) it is possible a sprite cannot be created. Whenever it is the case, you will be notified as such in your confirmation, and you will not be charged for the (nonexistent) sprite.
    • After such “no sprite” notification, feel free to ask someone else to do the spriting!
    • There may be cases where only a partial sprite can be created. (For example, when a sprite of a Pokémon with special characteristics can be made, but their accessory(ies) couldn't make it into the sprite.) Whenever it is the case, you will be contacted (via PM/VM/Discord/Skype) to warn you about it and to let you decide if you want to proceed with your sprite request or not.
  • Due to time restraints, creating and giving the sprite may be delayed. Again, if it's the case, we will tell you in your confirmation, and we will let you know (via PM/VM/Discord/Skype) when those sprites will be made and edited in the confirmation post!
    • Please, do not request someone else do the sprite when its creation is delayed.

Note: All created sprites will be uploaded here.

FAQ

My Pokémon is really, really special-looking. I have a hard time what would fit in which special characteristics so I got the prices right. Is there a trick?
Wow, your Pokémon must be quite the unique fellow if you don't know which detail would fit in which characteristic! Well you can simply contact me through your favorite contact thingy (not through posting in the thread) and describe me what you want to do, and I'll help you out to get an estimate!

My Pokémon has freckles/spots/stripes. Do I have to pay for each freckle/spot/stripe?
Aw, no! That would be totally unfair to you, especially if your Pokémon has a gazillion of them. Just pay once for each kind of birthmark (once for freckles, again for stripes, etc.) If you registered, say, freckles on one part of your Pokémon's body and later (ie another post) add more freckles on a different part of the body though, well unfortunately you'll have to pay the characteristics registration fees again.

I'm a bit confused about the sizing. What is the "size"?
Size is a catch-all term representing the height and/or the weight of a Pokémon.

Can I change only the height or the weight of my Pokémon? Can they be both changed in different multipliers (even if one goes bigger and the other goes smaller)?
Yes and yes! Although be careful when changing them too drastically in opposite directions, as that will likely make the size of your Pokémon very out of proportion, and you'll likely will have the sizing denied.

I already have a custom Pokédex, but the style doesn't really fit me anymore. Can I customize it again!
Of course! You'll have to pay for the Pokédex customization fee again, unfortunately.

I want a custom accessory that holds both my Key Stone and my Z-Crystals! What shall I do?
Well, since the Z-Ring in the games already can hold both Z-Crystals and a Key Stone, just buy a modification of your Z-Ring, and you're good to go!

I changed my mind, I want two different accessories; one for holding my Key Stone and another to hold my Z-Crystals. What now?
Simply buy a Key Stone accessory and a custom Z-Ring.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 08-10-2017 at 08:41 PM.
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:09 PM   #77
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Love it, let's do it.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:11 PM   #78
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
These prices are fair enough and affordable. I'm good with how this looks.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #79
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Prices look fair to me. I would say this looks ready to go.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:04 AM   #80
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Everything seems to be mostly ready to go, but I personally have a problem with locking the the height and weight of Pokemon into a single proportion. While yes, it does make everything easier as far as the whole process goes, it does also considerably limit the design space people might have for their pokemon. None will be able to roll traits such as "short but thick", or "tall but skinny", and I see absolutely no reason why such traits, amongst others, might be put out of reach. We've already established that ridiculous entries will be flat out denied anyways, so no "max height, min weight Lopunny with eating disorders" for anyone. But done in a tasteful manner I do believe people should have more control either individual characteristic (with the understanding, of course, that it's all still cosmetic only).

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:10 PM   #81
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Well I did thought of that point. After all, the Boutique's thang is to be able to customise your Pokémon in whatever way you want, and a few have asked to be able to do it. However, as you mentioned, it definitely will make it difficult with the process, but not just in terms of checking, but also (on the admittedly rare occasions) of tracking those changes later.

Part of me wants to ponder more on that point, but on another, people really, really want the Boutique to finally be implemented. So here's what I can do:
  • Height and weight can be changed independently within the x0.33 and x2 limits.
  • Any size change (height and/or weight) has to be done through multipliers (ex.: x0.33, x0.5, x1.5, x2...) to facilitate comparaison/calculations.
  • As per coloring (and old sizing rules), I have the right of denying a change if I find it too ridiculous.
  • The height/weight independence thing is a test run. If I find it too complicated to manage, I will revert to the height/weight proportional changes.

I'll edit that in that post now.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:48 AM   #82
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Grumble grumble asked for independent height and weight from the start. Mumble mumble at least it's in now lol

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:18 AM   #83
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Just as a note, the Boutique lay-out as has been presented seems good to go.
The only thing that still needs to be decided on is the height/weight independent changes.

Personally, I consider height-weight ratio differences to be a physical deformity. I'm not against having them but I think if a size change is done, the weight should proportionally change with it. If someone wants to change the weight in relation to the size (or length against width, etc.) then they'll have to pay for the deformity to have it. So the way I imagined it:
  • If someone wants to change the size but keep the original weight, they'll have to pay $100 for the size change and $50 for the physical deformity.
  • If someone wants to change the size and have the weight proportionally changed with it then it'll cost $100.
  • If someone wants to keep the original size but change the weight, they'll pay $50 for the physical deformity.

Anyway, this was my original idea when I imagined that size/weight are originally supposed to be linked. In this way, disproportionate weights will only be purchased if there's a genuine interest in having them and not just because they can be freely picked whenever slightly adjusting the size. It's a small thing but one I feel might make a difference.

This should be the last thing that needs hashing out. If people can post a favourite option on how to handle the size/weight changes - even if they're voting blank - then we can pick the majority favourite and roll out The Boutique asap.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:35 AM   #84
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Honestly I am fine with what you just presented, I don't mind paying a little extra to fix GF's mistakes :P I mean I like having my Pokemon, especially the ones I intend to ride around to be at least heavier than my character, which isn't exactly easy since my character is based of me which puts him at a healthy 110kg.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:49 AM   #85
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'm cool with paying an extra 50 for messing with the height/weight ratio.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #86
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

That can work out, EAI!

While I do understand your thoughts, I do want to ask about one thing: what about if the person wants to change both weight and height, but not in the same proportions? Your examples only talk about if they one to change only one of the two. If I understand correctly, the moment that weight and height are not proportional, the extra fee kicks in. So if someone wants the weight at, say, x1.5 but the height at x2, they pay 150$. If that's the case, then I'm ok with that

All that said, although in all honestly I prefer to just have it that you have to stay proportioned with no height/weight independent changes shenanigans for practical reasons on my side, but seeing how the demand is there and admittedly goes against the Boutique's purpose is to customise Pokémon in the way you want, I'm willing to give height/weight independent changes a go.

But as I mentioned earlier, it'll be a test run. If I see that it gets a little too complicated/tedious/whatever for me to handle, I'll have to discuss with you guys again to find a solution about it!

Old 08-13-2017, 11:09 AM   #87
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
I'm good with shelling out a little more for weight being classed as a deformity so to speak.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #88
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
That can work out, EAI!

While I do understand your thoughts, I do want to ask about one thing: what about if the person wants to change both weight and height, but not in the same proportions? Your examples only talk about if they one to change only one of the two. If I understand correctly, the moment that weight and height are not proportional, the extra fee kicks in. So if someone wants the weight at, say, x1.5 but the height at x2, they pay 150$. If that's the case, then I'm ok with that
That's exactly what I was thinking. You pay the size fee for the actual size change and then the extra deformity fee for having weight be anything other than the proportionate amount.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 08-13-2017, 11:58 AM   #89
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Coolios, then I think it's a good plan

Edit: How long are we willing to wait of people's answers before putting up the boutique?

Old 08-13-2017, 04:14 PM   #90
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Old 08-13-2017, 04:30 PM   #91
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Yeah, I think everything looks great Okiku. I say let's just put it into action and if there's anything that needs to be changed it can be tweaked later!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:44 PM   #92
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree here- I'm all for implementing the Boutique now and dealing with any subsequent issues later on as they arise.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:45 PM   #93
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Yes.
Most of the people who have been involved with this discussion have given their opinions on the last few matters.
So as of now, the Boutique can be implemented as OM has presented. Please make sure to add the clause on size and size/weight changes.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 09-18-2017, 09:43 PM   #94
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Hello there! Long time no see! Alright. so Boutique is now nice and implemented, but via Discord, a question popped up (Thanks Heather!) which I admittedly I am torn to what the answer should be, as I want to both be open and fair to you guys! And then right after one of my old ideas got back to the surface of my brain, so I'll be bringing that up too!

So first off: We currently have this rule (noted in the FAQ) that:
Quote:
My Pokémon have the same colors as the sprites/models of an older Pokémon game/generation. Would it be considered a coloring I have to register here, despite those colors being different from those of the most recent games/generation?
Nope! If the colors of your Pokémon matches those of the (non-shiny) sprites/models from any Pokémon game/generation, you don't need to register here! You could say they're all simply official color variants of the same species.
So we come to realize that there's some other implication related to this: shinies! They have their own shiny variants too, specifically for Gen I and II Pokémon (Gen III and onward pretty much uniformed the colors). So that means that the shiny rule isn't as precise as we thought, and it may or may not clash with the gen variants. So I'm asking/giving you guys two possible choices/outcomes:
  1. Only the most recent Gen's shiny counts in terms of the "no shiny" recolor rule, which means non-shiny Pokémon can register colors similar to shinies from old Gens. This will simplify my job in terms with the checking/confirming process and gives more freedom of recoloring choices, but some would see it as turning normal Pokémon into "fake shinies" and missing the point of the no shiny recolor rule.
  2. Any shiny variants count as a shiny, therefore non-shinies are strictly forbidden to change into those previous Gens' shiny colors. This will add a bit more to my workload when checking/confirming and put more restrictions to what others can do in terms of coloring, but this will be more fair to shiny owners to not lose their Pokémon's specialness/uniqueness.
Either way though, two points will stay (unless any of you think otherwise; please tell me if you do!):
  • Owners of shiny Pokémon can decide which variant/Gen of shiny coloring they want, at no charge/with no registration needed, in the same way as non-shiny Pokémon can have any of the old gen color variants.
  • Colors of shinies from spin-off games does not count, therefore can be used as a recolor for non-shiny Pokémon (but shiny Pokémon or not, it needs to be registered.)

As for my second thing, I have brought it up before and got mixed opinions at first, but now I brought it up again with some modifications and seems to be more openly accepted, so I'll throw it in here now!

Two words:
Gender,
Spray.

My main inspiration was how a lot of folks prefers certain species with only a certain gender, whenever it is for aesthetic or personality purposes. (I for one have too many Female Pokémon in my Memakyu ^^; ) We can change a Pokémon into a shiny with Shiny Sprays, we can choose whichever Nature, color, size, Ability, they have... so why not should we be able to change the gender, too? But then I started thinking how great of a tool it can be in terms of RPing, too: Pokémon could be transgenders! And Pokémon who are normally genderless can finally have one of the two binary genders. And Pokémon born as one gender can decide to be non-binary/agender/etc by turning genderless! And we already have accepted Pokémon with different sexual orientations (thank you for changing the rules of the Valentine Ball!), so what are we waiting for!?

...Well one thing that was irking some is how anyone can just buy the Gender Spray, change gender, and boom done. It downplays/removes the importance of gender, and it feels wrong to force a Pokémon to change its gender not by their own choice (or that they're so just-out-of-their-egg to even make that decision.)

So here's what I suggest: Yes to Gender Spray, but with a requirement or more to humanise (Pokémonise?) the purchase and use of it. Here's some suggestions of requirements needed:
  • A justification/origin story in a similar fashion as special characteristics. That rule could be adjusted to make it less "casual" and more serious (ex.: have a minimum word count, has to be a justification made by the Pokémon, not the trainer)
  • A minimum level requirement (I would say Lv.20-25) to simulate a minimum "age" of sorts
  • A minimum bond level requirement (30 perhaps? It's the same as evolutions); the Pokémon may need to trust its trainer enough to "tell" them their gender choice and to go through the procedure of getting the Gender Spray for them

All that said, we should also probably talk on how "far" we should go with how the Gender Spray can be used:
  • Should it be strictly used to change a male/female Pokémon to change into the other, or should we throw genderless into the mix by allowing genderless Pokémon turn into any of the binary genders and vice-versa?
  • What about Pokémon who have specifics related to gender?
    • Do we allow Pokémon that are a single gender only to change gender? (ex.: Chansey)
    • How should we handle Pokémon who evolve only when a certain gender? (ex.: Gallade)
    • What about Pokémon who are "related" to each other but are of a different species depending of gender? On gender change, do they stay as their original species, do they stay change species specified by the other gender, or it is to the Pokémon's choice? (ex.: Nidoran, Volbeat/Illumise, Latios/Latias)
    • What about Pokémon that, while the same species, are different-looking between genders? Does their look stays the same as it originally was, do they change their looks to their new gender, or it to the Pokémon's choice? (ex.: Meowstic)
And finally there's the price. I personally prefer to be accessible to everyone (ie not a Staff reward), but it should be expensive as it goes beyond the aesthetic choice (plus, RP-wise, the fact that a spray that can change gender is... quite revolutionary.) I would think that $1000 would be fair, thinking that it'll take 4 updates to get that, but it could be more or less if you don't agree.

So guys, please let me know for what you agree with or not with the Gender Spray, and what are your preferences in terms of the rules!

Old 09-18-2017, 10:08 PM   #95
Heather
Naga's Voice

I think I've already made my opinions on past gen shinies clear enough: for shiny Pokemon owners to register free of charge, and for no one else.

As for Gender spray, while I will admit to having minimal if any need for it beyond maybe having a male cosplay Pikachu depending on how that pans out, I think it makes perfect sense. I mean, in ASB, I was allowed to have a typechanged, alternate colored female Mothim with enough justification in their biography, so why not allow such freedom here? Agree that serious thought needs to be put into it, though, it can't be "oh no i hatched a female piplup when i wanted a male, but oh i can fix that! "

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:07 AM   #96
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

It may be a knee-jerk reaction but a Gender spray to me is taking liberties too far with the source material even if I would be one of the most interested players in having control over genders. I don't think a gender spray is the way to go about it though - rather, drop the gender roll in hatched or rewarded Pokemon and let players decide which they want upon pickup. It's less convoluted and has fewer implications that we just subjected an animal to a gender shift - which, with no intention to offend anyone in the community, is still weird for me to think about as far as Pokemon goes. I just think there are easier ways to ensure people get the genders they want.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:33 AM   #97
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

I agree with everything Mask said

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:39 PM   #98
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Alrighty, since nobody seems to want Gender Spray (I have given plenty of time for everyone to add more), I guess that means that idea goes in the trash bin! (Unless others who does want it shows up.)

That said, there's still the other issue I mentioned alongside that, that is what to do with both rules of shiny Pokémon and "previous gen colors are official colors".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
I think I've already made my opinions on past gen shinies clear enough: for shiny Pokemon owners to register free of charge, and for no one else.
Well that's a given, which I mentioned already ^^;
Quote:
Either way though, two points will stay (unless any of you think otherwise; please tell me if you do!):
  • Owners of shiny Pokémon can decide which variant/Gen of shiny coloring they want, at no charge/with no registration needed, in the same way as non-shiny Pokémon can have any of the old gen color variants.
  • Colors of shinies from spin-off games does not count, therefore can be used as a recolor for non-shiny Pokémon (but shiny Pokémon or not, it needs to be registered.)
The whole question I'm asking is whenever those "other gen shiny colors" can be used as a recolor for non-shiny Pokémon or not:
Quote:
the shiny rule isn't as precise as we thought, and it may or may not clash with the gen variants. So I'm asking/giving you guys two possible choices/outcomes:
  1. Only the most recent Gen's shiny counts in terms of the "no shiny" recolor rule, which means non-shiny Pokémon can register colors similar to shinies from old Gens. This will simplify my job in terms with the checking/confirming process and gives more freedom of recoloring choices, but some would see it as turning normal Pokémon into "fake shinies" and missing the point of the no shiny recolor rule.
  2. Any shiny variants count as a shiny, therefore non-shinies are strictly forbidden to change into those previous Gens' shiny colors. This will add a bit more to my workload when checking/confirming and put more restrictions to what others can do in terms of coloring, but this will be more fair to shiny owners to not lose their Pokémon's specialness/uniqueness.

And now for a new subject: Humpy sprites!

As some may know, in our file where our "official" humpy sprites are stored, things has come to a stop after Gen V; not having any of those sprites for Gen VI and onward. ...And actually, I just noticed that Gen V doesn't even have their shiny sprites; the shame! so since I'm the main user of those sprites (but I do know others uses them!) I went off for a quest to find those animated sprites we're missing, and, if needed, create them with my spare time!

...And then, thanks to Dirkac, I have discovered something: The reason why we have never gotten or seen animated sprites (or at least different frames of those sprites) is that... there is no other sprite to make an animation of! Long story short, GameFreak decided since Gen VI to just use one sprite and move it up and down instead of actually make a 2-frame animation. (Either they got lazy making the animation, or they wanted to save memory by cutting things down to 1 frame/sprite and move it with programmation.)

So with that info in mind, we got a choice of what to do for our sprites:
  • Should we just add the static missing sprites, or should it be animated? Obviously static sprites will be extremely simple for me to do, but non-animated sprites will make things look... static and bland. Not to mention out of place besides the animated sprites.
    • If they should be animated, does the animations should be a homemade "old gen"-style or "current gen"-style? By "homemade old gen", I mean that with the power of Photoshop bestowed upon me, I make that their legs (or otherwise lower part of the Pokémon's body) does not move while the rest of the body moves/squishes down and up. (Hence our nickname of "humpy" sprites!) As for "current gen", the Pokémon itself does not move per say, but the sprite moves down and up by a pixel or two. Obviously "old gen style" takes a LOT more work out of me than "current gen" style, but some may find the "old gen" animations more fluid and fun.
  • Should we just add the missing sprites (shiny Gen V and all of Gen VI and VII) or should we also update the previous gens' sprites? So I realized that our current sprites, especially the older gens', are really not looking like the ones we have today. Hey, new technology and consoles and all! So I thought that while I'm gonna be dabbing into those sprites, why not update all the sprites to the new ones? Of course, updating the previous gens' sprites will add more to my workload (especially if they should be animated), but it'll make sure the sprites are all consistant with their quality/style. (And if some wants to keep the old gen sprites, we can simply just put them in a separate folder or something!)

All that said though, depending on how much workload I'll be getting (animated or not, missing sprites only or full-on update, and also depending if I get elected for modship or not), I might ask for some Helping Hand on making all those sprites! I'm not asking right away, but I just want to put upfront about it so you guys are not worrying about the workload I'm going to put all on my shoulders ^^;

Old 10-15-2017, 01:20 PM   #99
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

My personal opinion would be a vote for homemade old-gen style humpy sprites, to be honest, just to keep things at least somewhat consistent. Also, I'm personally in favor of keeping the old sprites as opposed to updating them as well. The old sprites look just fine IMO, and keeping them as is would ease up on the workload, not only for you, but for anyone who uses them, particularly those of us (such as myself) who have a lot of Pokémon whose sprites would need updating in their member posts.

Also, for what it's worth, if indeed we end up going with animated humpy sprites for Gen 6 and 7 stuff, I'd be willing to donate my animated Chespin humpy sprite, the one I made myself for the Chespin Doll item in my member post, so that'd be one less you'd have to do .
Old 10-15-2017, 02:31 PM   #100
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Also, I'm personally in favor of keeping the old sprites as opposed to updating them as well. The old sprites look just fine IMO, and keeping them as is would ease up on the workload, not only for you, but for anyone who uses them, particularly those of us (such as myself) who have a lot of Pokémon whose sprites would need updating in their member posts.
Actually, if we do update all the sprites to new gen, I can make it work that (most of) you guys don't need to update! I'll simply replace the old sprites by the new ones, same names and all, and the magic of the internets will do its thing and replace all the old sprites, no matter where they're shown, with the new sprites! The only instance that those using sprites will need to update their image links is if they want to use the old ones (which will have a new, different link.)

That said, if all the sprites gets updated but the majority of people wants to keep using the old style, I can simply put the new sprites in a separate way (either in its own folder or just named differently) so the old sprites' links doesn't change, while those wanting the new style will have to update their links.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development