UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League

Old 11-15-2021, 09:50 PM   #26
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

You dare to strike down a king? Loyal subjects, avenge His Majesty!

Cheering to heal Connor's Chikorita.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 11:40 AM   #27
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Leaf Blade (75 BP, high crit ratio)
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 01:57 PM   #28
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves

Gigantamax Raid Boss Sandaconda
★★★★★

Health gauge: 71%
Shields Up: 3
Status: Def +1, Whirlpool (2 Turns Remaining), Sandstorm (2 Turns Remaining).
KO Count: 2.

Trainer Recovery Summary

lilboocorsola, Spheal: Cheer

Connor, Chikorita: 295 HP

Zorchic, Buizel: Life Dew

Zorchic, Buizel: 414 HP
grassyglide, Decidueye: 600 HP
CrazyCreeperKid, Serperior: 500 HP
Connor, Chikorita: 420 HP

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Max Darkness (110 BP)

Missingno. Master, Crobat: 236 HP
The raiders' special defence fell!

Attack 2: Hurricane (110 BP)

CrazyCreeperKid, Serperior: 302 HP
Serperior became confused!

Attack 3: Hyper Beam (150 BP)

Missingno. Master, Crobat: 0 HP

The pokemon were buffeted by the sandstorm!
The pokemon were hurt by Sand Tomb!

Raid Challengers

Zorchic, Buizel: 383 HP (S. Def -1){Eviolite (+1 Defences if NFE)}
Connor, Chikorita: 326 HP (Sand Tomb (2 Turns Remaining)) {Bunny Suit(Action: Avoid Ground moves, +25% healing move effect)}
Missingno. Master, Crobat: 0 HP [Must wait 1 Round to recover]{Icium-Z}
Lil'twick, Togetic: 488 HP (S. Def -1){Eviolite (+1 Defences if NFE)}
CrazyCreeperKid, Serperior: 208 HP (Sand Tomb (2 Turns Remaining), Confused)
grassyglide, Decidueye: 572 HP {Grassium-Z}
lilboocorsola, Spheal: 500 HP [Fully Recovered] {Sea Incense (+20% to Water moves)}
myahoo, Wingull: 407 HP (S. Def -1){Nevermeltice (+20% to Ice moves)}

The raised barriers before the raiders forces their offensive measures to screech to a halt, as the group discusses amidst themselves the best route to take. For the most part the raiders assail the shields with attacks of varying power, with a pair of Seed Flares blasting into the shields and Decidueye striking from afar with their leaf blade, followed by a triple treat of blowing winds, yet three shimmering walls remain. Buizel, smarting from the wearing of the sands, opts to release a magical pulse and conjures a quartet of small gourds of water as the Chikorita receives the blessing of the defeated Spheal, and by coincidence the three battling grass types gratefully receive their healing gifts from the weasel.

This, of course, is deemed an act of cowardice by the Gigantamax pokemon. Either weather the storm or succumb! With that, the serpent intensifies the skies above and covers the arena in darkness, which then converges upon the defiant Crobat. The bat takes the strike fairly well, though the wave of weakening from the Max move does leave them feeling a little vulnerable, as do a number of its allies. Sneering at the Serperior, Sandaconda then demonstrates to the battlers how a real windstorm is done, blasting the opposing snake with a mighty hurricane as the pokemon struggles with the sand tomb, and the constant twisting and turning leaves Serperior considerably addled, not knowing up from down as they begin to tie themselves into a knot in confusion. That said and done, as it seems things are calming down, the raid boss looms threateningly over the raiders, and towards one in particular. The Sandaconda, in spite of the raging storm, had been listening to conversations, watching its opposition, and one impertinent pokemon's lack of respect to others but their personal trainer and themselves got on the snake's nerves. Before anyone could react, the dynamax energy gathered before the maw of the Sandaconda and a terrifyingly powerful Hyper Beam was launched! Crobat has no time to comprehend what is happening as the ray smashes clean into the pokemon and blows it away, the bat flying into the swirling sands of the arena walls as the Bat pokemon is thrown around helplessly like it was in a blender and by the time the walls spit the bat back out, it's quite clear that they won't be fit to fly for a bit, as Togetic feels the remnant energy from the power around them seeping into them and the couple are left wondering what earned the poor Crobat the scorn of the raid pokemon as Spheal pops back out to the gritty purple blob on the ground...

Dynamax Initiative: Lil'twick, Togetic.

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Friday, 19th November to place your order.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 02:31 PM   #29
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Let's prepare the Seed Flare train by Dynamaxing! Using a Max Wyrmwind (140 BP) off of Draco Meteor.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 02:33 PM   #30
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith and Willa watched and waited. Willa had given Hedwig a command, and now all that remained was to see whether the Crobat would do the unthinkable- obey someone other than Keith Masters. And for a moment, Hedwig merely hovered there, unmoving save for the silent flapping of her wings. But then, she was off! Keith and Willa exchanged smiles as Hedwig charged an eerie purple energy into all four wings, and then let loose with a frightful Ominous Wind! The attack merely struck the shield, of course, as opposed to Sandaconda itself, but every little bit help! "She- she really-" breathed Willa.

"She really listened to you," Keith smiled. "Well done, Hedwig!" he called out to his Crobat.

"Cro!" Hedwig responded, not daring to take her eyes off of the Gigantamax Sandaconda before her, for the spiral-shaped Sand Snake had yet to actually strike back.

That, however, was soon to change. Sandaconda let loose with a nasty Max Darkness, hitting Hedwig with the full brunt of the move while many of the others experienced a decrease to Special Defense. Following this up was a Hurricane to the Serperior, which not only hit in spite of the sandstorm, but even managed to confuse it! But the last one was the worst of all- a devastating Hyper Beam, packed with immense power, and aimed right at Hedwig! Keith's mouth fell open in sheer disbelief as his Crobat, one of his strongest Pokémon, slumped to the ground in defeat, totally unconscious.

"...I'm sorry," Willa sighed as Keith withdrew Hedwig.

"Hmm?" Keith murmured as Dynamax Energy began to swirl around Hedwig's Poké Ball. "Why are you apologizing?" he asked his wife.

"Well, isn't it obvious?" Willa asked. "I should have told Hedwig to use Roost instead of Ominous Wind."

"...This is not your fault, Willa," Keith said gently, putting an arm around his wife. "You made the exact call I'd have made had I been the one giving Hedwig the command there. Well, assuming I had still been talked out of going for the Z-Move, anyway," he amended with a chuckle. "Listen. Ominous Wind was a good idea. It might not have powered Hedwig up any, sure, nor did it stop her from getting knocked out, but it still chipped away at part of the shield, and that's important. Every little bit helps with this, y'know? And hey- you gave a command and Hedwig listened to you. Hedwig. Listened. To someone other than me. Like... do you realize how huge that is?" Keith smiled. "That is a first. An absolute first.

"I mean, you aren't wrong," conceded Willa. "But what will Hedwig think when you send her back out?" she added, eyeing Hedwig's Poké Ball with a bit of trepidation. "She was knocked out just after following the command that I gave her..."

"Well, we'll just have to wait and see on that," Keith murmured, glancing at the ball himself. "Still, though, I would hope she wouldn't think to hold this against you."

"Hedwig's no dummy," Meowth piped up. "And dis ain't her first time gettin' knocked out, eitha," he purred. "Yer strategy was sound, and I'd be surprised if she'd blame youse fer dis."

"...you guys are right," Willa nodded with a small smile. "I suppose I'm just being stupid again. It is just... Hedwig has been the one Pokémon of yours that it has been the hardest to connect with," Willa said to Keith. "I'm... I'm worried that this might have reset whatever progress I may have made so far."

Keith embraced his wife reassuringly. "I would be willing to bet money that it didn't," he stated firmly. "In the meantime, why don't we take down more of this shield?" he added.

Willa nodded. "Sounds like a plan," she agreed. Since Keith was wearing his Z-Ring, it was Willa who donned the Dynamax Band, Willa who took aim, and Willa who fired the beam of Dynamax Energy that helped to chip away at the barrier.

OOC: Cheering to break a shield.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 11-17-2021 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 02:34 AM   #31
myahoo
Soul Badge

And another Blizzard (110 BP, Nevermeltice)!
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 07:27 AM   #32
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
I'M STILL STANDING

Seed Flare (120 BP)
Old 11-18-2021, 11:38 AM   #33
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

SPLISHY SPLASH (90 BP) down goes the bat (Boosted by Sea Incense)
Old 11-18-2021, 03:45 PM   #34
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Let's get attacking with another Bouncy Bubble (90 BP, user drains 50% of damage dealt to restore HP)!
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:57 PM   #35
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Using the Grassium-Z to fire off a Bloom Doom (200BP) off of Frenzy Plant
Old 11-19-2021, 01:21 PM   #36
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Leaf Storm (120 BP)

Last edited by CrazyCreeperKid; 11-19-2021 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-20-2021, 10:24 AM   #37
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.

★★★★★

Health gauge: 40%
Shields Up: 9
Status: Att +2, Def +1, S.Def -3, Whirlpool (1 Turn Remaining), Sandstorm (1 Turn Remaining).
KO Count: 4.

Trainer Recovery Summary

Zorchic, Buizel: Bouncy Bubble

Zorchic, Buizel: 500 HP

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Coil (0 BP)

Sandaconda raised its Attack and Defence!

Attack 2: Max Knuckle (90 BP)

Zorchic, Buizel: 392 HP
Sandaconda's attack rose!

Attack 3: Earthquake (100 BP)

lilboocorsola, Spheal: 140 HP
It doesn't affect Togetic!
CrazyCreeperKid, Serperior: 0 HP
Connor, Chikorita: 56 HP

The pokemon were buffeted by the sandstorm!
The pokemon were hurt by Sand Tomb!

Raid Challengers

Zorchic, Buizel: 361 HP (S. Def -1){Eviolite (+1 Defences if NFE)}
Connor, Chikorita: 0 HP [Must wait 1 Round to recover] {Bunny Suit(Action: Avoid Ground moves, +25% healing move effect)}
Missingno. Master, Crobat: 600 HP [Fully Recovered]{Icium-Z}
Lil'twick, Togetic: 601 HP (S. Def -1){Eviolite (+1 Defences if NFE)} [Dynamaxed: 2 Turns Remaining]
CrazyCreeperKid, Serperior: 0 HP [Must wait 1 Round to recover
grassyglide, Decidueye: 534 HP {Grassium-Z (exhausted)}
lilboocorsola, Spheal: 109 HP [Fully Recovered] {Sea Incense (+20% to Water moves)}
myahoo, Wingull: 376 HP (S. Def -1){Nevermeltice (+20% to Ice moves)}

With the damage racking up gradually the raiders seek to bring the Gigantamaxed pokemon down before any further damage can be done. As Togetic dynamaxes, greatly increasing in size and becoming even more impregnable to the offensive of the Sandaconda, the fairy type unleashes a draconic blast of energy that punches through the last of the shields, the prior one shattering from the fast cheer, and leaving the serpent vulnerable. A howling Blizzard stings, yet it's the second seed Flare that once again drops the boss's defence that really infuriates the pokemon. Bad enough for one user of the impossibly rare move, never mind two of them! Buizel adds insult to injury by fully recovering off the reduced health, before the Decidueye delivers a nuclear blast of botanic fury that forces the boss to his second set of shields, hissing indignantly at such filthy tactics! Serperior is unfortunately taken by the thralls of confusion, injuring itself somewhat and pushing it closer to the threshold.

Sandaconda responds as such by once more coiling up and amplifying his physical stats, before slugging the Buizel with a Max Knuckle to increase its physical prowess even more, and from behind its full plethora of shields the serpent decides to hit as hard as it can to do some damage with a terrifyingly powerful earthquake! Togetic flits above the tremors, not that they would have done much back, but Serperior is completely destroyed, and Chikorita is equaly maimed as Spheal takes the full force, crying out from the mighty impact, and as the sand whirls the Chikorita, brought to the brink, is put down by the swirling sands and remnant of Sandblast, as Crobat rejoins the battle. It might be vulnerable to some techniques some would label as illegal, but the Gigantamax boss wasn't going to roll over and succumb just yet!

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Monday, 22nd November to place your order.
Old 11-20-2021, 10:27 AM   #38
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Hmm let's break withhhhh a Max Rockfall (110 BP off of Ancient Power)

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 10:40 AM   #39
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

It was in the very nature of Keith Masters to take an active role in helping to take down a threat. He never was one to simply stand by and do nothing while others did the work for him. Therefore, it understandably did not sit well with him that this Gigantamaxed Sandaconda had, even if only temporarily, reduced his role in this raid battle to that of mere bystander. He glanced around anxiously, impatiently, watching as his fellow Trainers issued orders to their own Pokémon. But, he had to admit, what orders they were! Once Sandaconda had lost its shield, it was being smacked around mercilessly by the other Trainers and their Pokémon. Powerful special attacks, super effective, all of them doing a mighty number on the Sand Snake Pokémon, to the point where it had to hastily erect another shield almost before the shimmering afterimage of the first one had completely faded away.

And then, Sandaconda attacked! Coil to start with, boosting its Attack and Defense. And then comes a giant fist, in the form of Max Knuckle, slamming into Jake's Buizel, further bolstering Sandaconda's Attack power. And finally, the Earthquake. A powerful selection that badly battered all it struck. The Togetic flew safely above it, but the Spheal, Chikorita, and especially Serperior were not so lucky, that last one actually getting knocked out in direct spite of the type advantage it boasted.

At this time, however, Keith noticed the last traces of Dynamax Energy flow out of his Poké Ball. He turned to his wife, who gave a determined nod. Keith nodded back, and threw the ball. "Come on out, Hedwig!" he declared.

In a flash of light, Keith's Crobat reappeared, looking good as new, not a hit point out of place. Hedwig flew over to them, looking intently, not at Keith or Meowth, but at Willa. And Willa, having expected this, met the Crobat's gaze unflinchingly. "Hedwig-" Keith began.

"It's all right," Willa reassured her husband. "I've got this." Keith nodded and said no more. "Hedwig," Willa said, calmly yet firmly. "I am sorry Sandaconda knocked you out. From what I know of you, I know good and well that that speaks more to Sandaconda's strength than any lack thereof from you. I neither underestimate nor undervalue your considerable strength. All I ask of you is the same respect in return- the order I gave, under the circumstances, was strategically sound, and I believe you were in agreement with me on that, considering you carried that out." She put an arm around Keith before speaking further. "I love Keith very much," she stated. "All his other Pokémon take orders from me just as readily as they would from him, and all of my Pokémon take orders from Keith just as readily as they would from me. It would mean a very great deal to me if you, too, would consent to taking orders from me."

Hedwig considered this. Certainly, she knew Willa was no slouch as a Trainer. And certainly she knew that Willa and Keith meant the world to each other. Why, then, had she always been so unwilling to take orders from anyone other than Keith, regardless of the circumstances? Thinking hard about it, Hedwig wasn't sure she even knew the answer, not fully. Even that Ominous Wind just then, she had felt the strongest urge to not do it, even knowing full well it's exactly what Keith would have commanded... But then Willa hadn't hidden behind Keith, even though so obviously fearful of the Crobat's scorn, considering her getting knocked out immediately after carrying out her order. She confronted the Crobat, got right to the point, made clear her respect for the Crobat's power... Hedwig couldn't help but respect that. It was much the sort of thing Keith would do, really- confront her head-on, speak plainly, get right to the point while still showing respect... yeah. She could live with this. At long last, Hedwig betrayed a small smile. "Cro!" she nodded.

Willa nodded back. "Thank you," she smiled. "So, Hedwig, attack the new shield with another Ominous Wind!" she commanded.

"Cro! Bat!" Hedwig responded. And this time, there was no hesitation in how she followed the order.

OOC: Hedwig used Ominous Wind (60 BP; small chance to boost all stats).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 11-24-2021 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 02:58 PM   #40
myahoo
Soul Badge

Ominous Wind (60 BP)
Old 11-20-2021, 04:57 PM   #41
Connor
Flashbacker

Cheering to heal Spheal.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:06 PM   #42
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Another Life Dew (0 BP)!
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 08:52 PM   #43
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Seed Flare (120BP) to shield break
Old 11-21-2021, 12:10 AM   #44
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

BOUNCY BUBBLE (90 BP) the big bulli boa (Boosted by Sea Incense)
Old 11-22-2021, 11:03 AM   #45
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

cheering to break shield
Old 11-23-2021, 04:05 PM   #46
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

★★★★★

Health gauge: 40%
Shields Up: 2
KO Count: 6.

Trainer Recovery Summary

Connor, Chikorita: Cheer

lilboocorsola, Spheal: 359 HP

Zorchic, Buizel: Life Dew

Zorchic, Buizel: 486 HP
Lil'twick, Togetic: 800 HP
lilboocorsola, Spheal: 484 HP
myahoo, Wingull: 500 HP

lilboocorsola, Spheal: Bouncy Bubble

lilboocorsola, Spheal: 485 HP

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Rock Slide (75 BP)

grassyglide, Decidueye: 354 HP
lilboocorsola, Spheal: 214 HP
Zorchic, Buizel: 366 HP
myahoo, Wingull: 230 HP

Attack 2: Max Rockfall (130 BP)

lilboocorsola, Spheal: 0 HP

Attack 3: Stone Edge (100 BP)

A critical hit!
grassyglide, Decidueye: 0 HP

The sandstorm subsided!

Raid Challengers

Zorchic, Buizel: 366 HP (S. Def -1){Eviolite (+1 Defences if NFE)}
Connor, Chikorita: 500 HP [Fully Recovered] {Bunny Suit(Action: Avoid Ground moves, +25% healing move effect)}
Missingno. Master, Crobat: 600 HP {Icium-Z}
Lil'twick, Togetic: 800 HP (S. Def -1){Eviolite (+1 Defences if NFE)} [Dynamaxed: 1 Turn Remaining]
CrazyCreeperKid, Serperior: 500 HP [Fully Recovered
grassyglide, Decidueye: 0 HP [Must wait 1 Round to recover] {Grassium-Z (exhausted)}
lilboocorsola, Spheal: 0 HP [Must wait 1 Round to recover] {Sea Incense (+20% to Water moves)}
myahoo, Wingull: 230 HP (S. Def -1){Nevermeltice (+20% to Ice moves)}

Behind its shields the Sandaconda bides its time, smarting from the previous round's ill fortunes and continuing to seethe as the Buizel once more offers recuperation for its allies, restoring the health of the weary water types and all but undoing the efforts of the dying sandstorm to the Togetic and relatively unscathed Wingull, as well as Spheal who thanks to some cheering support is nearly fully rejuvenated. Alas, the focus on recovery means the raiders are unable to bust down the boss's shields fully, and two still stand.

Knowing next round the pesky grass pokemon will be up and ready to ruin its day, the Gigantamaxed pokemon knows what it must do: punish these flying types for thinking they could ignore its powerful ground moves! As the serpent hunches over, it spits a blast of sand at a nearby rock formation, causing the boulders to tumble and crash with great force over the raiding party, and while the glorified pebbles merely bounce harmlessly off the dynamaxed Togetic and Crobat, fully aware of the trickery, flits out of the way with its trademark speed, the rest of the raiders are not as lucky, with Buizel taking a strong hit and Decidueye wincing from the impact, but poor Spheal and Wingull take the brunt of the assault, knocking more than half their health off. Things do not get any better as for the second time this raid poor Spheal is impacted into the dirt, this time courtesy of a Max Rockfall of such force that even the dynamaxed raider visibly winces at the damage. Sandaconda however is not taking any prisoners and before the owl can act the serpent strikes. Having watched how the bird moves, the raid boss chooses to strike when the avian is at its most vulnerable, and the Stone Edge launched catches the Decidueye right in the heart, stopping it for but a brief moment, but that moment is enough to send the starter face down into the dirt. They'll certainly survive, but their pride will have taken a noticable dent. Serperior and Chikorita return to the field as the sandstorm finally subsides...or rather, is blown away by the gale force winds circulating around the arena as the raid pokemon and their trainers are finding it harder to keep their footing in the face of the growing dynamax storm...

• You have until Friday, 26th November to place your order.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:06 PM   #47
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Cheering to break a shield
Old 11-23-2021, 11:34 PM   #48
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

How dare you dethrone His Highness not once, but twice. Death shall not stop true royalty, we will blast through those reptilian ramparts regardless!

Cheering to break a shield.
Old 11-24-2021, 01:13 AM   #49
myahoo
Soul Badge

Now that shields are down, let's go back to Blizzard (110 BP, Nevermeltice)!
Old 11-24-2021, 09:02 AM   #50
Connor
Flashbacker

Seed Flare (140 BP)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League