UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 08-14-2017, 06:24 PM   #151
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Ahhh," Keith nodded as Chroma explained that the rest of her strategy (for Keith had indeed gotten it right thus far, insofar as the use of Swagger and Foul Play) entailed the use of Topsy-Turvy once the confusion wore off, turning the power-up into a power-down. "I should've guessed that. Me and Meowth, we're... we are all too familiar with Topsy Turvy by this point," he said, suppressing a slight shudder at the memory. "...but yeah, you're right, Chuck does tend to favor his physical attacks much of the time. He's got some decent special attacks to work with, but yeah, this would've really screwed with him."

"Yeah, I heard of moves like that," nodded Anion. "Dennis and Pomona both know Grass Pledge, and Gold and Chance both know Water Pledge... never seen Fire Pledge, though," she added with interest.

"Ah, yeah, I forgot- she was fighting alongside Stewie, wasn't she?" nodded Dennis. "Just so you know, she ain't evil- just in love with someone who was. In the end, it was her who convinced him to let Keith purify him, y'know."
Old 08-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #152
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Well, most gengar have an easier time using special moves than physical ones, so it's only natural that he'd have a few," Chroma acknowledged as she fished a pokeball from her pocket and finally returned Louise. "Elen was only using moves he learned naturally on his own, though. None of the moves I taught him would've been too helpful this time."

'Then you're already aware of how the moves aren't spectacular on their own, right?' Bell cleared his throat. 'Uh, don't get me wrong, they're better than anything I know right now! They just don't do much of note until they are used together. At that point, the two merge into a massive pillar with power on par with that of a Hyper Beam! Only, instead of tiring one of the users out, it heavily alters the battlefield in the users' favor.'

Butternut scoffed. 'Yeah, she was. An' she was makin' almost as big a mess of da place as da Big Bad himself was!' He took a moment to calm down. 'I musta been out by den, 'cuz I don' remember dat happenin' at all.'

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:15 PM   #153
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith nodded. "Chuck considers himself pretty good at both. He's really embraced being a Gengar, but he doesn't let himself forget what he used to be, either."

"I dunno, they're pretty decent from what I seen," Anion murmured. "I mean, they ain't no Solar Beam or Hydro Pump, but they still get the job done alright." She nodded at Bell's explanation. "I seen that happen, yeah!" she grinned. "Chance and Pomona were teamed up in this training battle, and they used Water Pledge and Grass Pledge, and it made this big swamp on the other side of the battlefield, and it just slowed Kyle and Sirius down big-time," she grinned. "So what kinda stuff does Fire Pledge do when mixed with another Pledge move?"

"Yeah, I heard as much," Dennis nodded. "And yeah, apparently it was after the battle had ended- buncha stuff fainted by that point, from what I hear."
Old 08-14-2017, 08:24 PM   #154
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"That's probably the wisest way to do that, if given the chance." Chroma placed her pokeballs into the healing machine and stepped aside to let Keith do the same. "Staying too far in the past could cause some serious problems for the Ghosts, depending on what they were..."

'Well, they're weaker than Surf and Flamethrower, and those two are practically staples of their respective types.' Bell made a little coughing sound (did he have enough of a throat to clear like that?) before continuing. 'Anyway, turns out Grass and Fire combine to create a sea of continual flames. Darn things weren't affected by my Water Sport at all!'

Butternut grumbled something under his breath, clearly a bit uncomfortable with the topic...

Old 08-14-2017, 08:44 PM   #155
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"I definitely see your point," Keith agreed as he healed up his Pokémon. "Chuck and Peeves, they knew each other when they were alive, and they're still best friends to this day, but the way they were when they were alive, they're both agreed that that part of themselves is best left firmly in the past. The, uh, the pair of Machop I mentioned that I saw beating up the Koffing that ended up being my starter? Those were them. Apparently they both died the day after I rescued the Koffing, something about a murderous Camerupt whose kid they bullied. Needless to say, they've both changed a LOT since then."

"Yeah, true," conceded Anion. She gave a low whistle, impressed with what Bell described. "A sea of flames? Sounds like serious stuff," she remarked. "Even with your Water Bubble, that couldn't have been much fun."

"So," Dennis continued, taking note of Butternut's discomfort with the current subject. "What say we go and see our Trainers now, hmm?"
Old 08-14-2017, 08:55 PM   #156
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Oh." She took a moment to think to herself. "Well, that's certainly a good thing for you guys, but... I don't exactly want to meet that gible again in any form. That thing was vicious..."

'No, it seriously wasn't,'
Bell admitted. 'At least they didn't target my partner with the main attack. That inkay wouldn't have been doing so well if they did!'

'Yeah, let's do that.' Butternut poked the last of the magic circles. 'Well, there's only this one left. If it doesn' lead to da main ground, I'm gonna need a translator!' And with that, he disappeared from view once again.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:15 PM   #157
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"I definitely know the feeling," Keith nodded. "I wouldn't have a problem if I never saw that blasted Heatran again..."

"Wow," remarked Anion. "Sounds like this was a big battle. What was going on?"

Dennis followed Butternut, stepping on the warp panel himself.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:28 PM   #158
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"That... is a bigger deal than mine." Chroma sighed. "Well, if the fiend does return, hopefully it won't be as a shuppet. Should be easier to handle that way!"

'Uuuh, how do I put this?' Bell tapped nervously on his bubble as he tried to string words together. '...Bedlam.' For anyone who knew of the place, that was likely all the explanation they needed... right?

As expected, the warp circle had placed them on the same level as everyone else. 'Oh, dat's a relief!' the pumkasaur declared, before motioning for Dennis to follow. 'C'mon!'

Old 08-15-2017, 12:39 AM   #159
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Ooh, yeah, that wouldn't be good," Keith agreed. "The last thing I'd wish on anyone is for their sworn enemy to be reincarnated as a Shuppet. You know why I call my ship the Banette's Revenge? Because I wanted a name that conveyed just how unstoppable the ship is, and it doesn't get more unstoppable than a Banette hell-bent on vengeance. And what's more, I'm not even sorry for what I did to Heatran- it was terrorizing Mt. Aduro, turning the inhabitants against what remained of the Heatmor population. Hell, it wiped out every Durant on the island just so the Heatmor would starve."

"...Ah," nodded Anion. "Ain't been there myself, but I heard of it well enough."

"Aha," grinned Dennis as he and Butternut appeared in the right area. He followed the Pumpkasaur as he headed towards the group.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:50 AM   #160
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"A 'genocide is just another game' sort of view, huh?" Chroma sighed. "I wouldn't be too beat up about it, either. The fiend would've likely turned on something else if it were given the opportunity... Hopefully it stays down, period!"

'Yeah, it's not the most pleasant of places,' the dewpider agreed. 'But hey, the gangs won't be getting as many new recruits now! Hopefully...'

Butternut hesitated as they approached their trainers. 'Uh, it looks like dey're talking something serious right now...'

Old 08-15-2017, 02:46 PM   #161
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith nodded his agreement, then saw that his Venusaur as well as Chroma's Pumpkasaur had been approaching, only to hesitate as the latter saw that the humans were having a conversation. He smiled at them and motioned for them to come closer.

"Well, looks to me like Keith's OK with us coming over anyway," remarked Dennis, and so he continued walking.

"That's not nothing," nodded Anion. "I heard about those gangs, they sound even worse than Team Rocket. And Keith's had to tangle with Team Rocket more than once, too."
Old 08-15-2017, 09:40 PM   #162
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

'Yeah, I guess so,' Butternut agreed, still a little unsure as to whether or not they were interrupting something.

"Come on, Butternut! He's not gonna bite!" Chroma gave a Keith a joking side-eyed look. "You aren't gonna bite him, right?"

'I don't really know much about the Rockets,'
Bell admitted, tryuing to place things on an alignment thread in his head. 'Though if they are better than the Ribs and the Shells, then... I dunno. Might not actually mean much at all.'

Old 08-16-2017, 01:39 AM   #163
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith chuckled and smiled. "Never bitten a Pokémon before, I don't plan to start now," he replied. "It's alright, you guys can come here," he added, addressing the Grass/Poison-types. Indeed, Butternut would see that Dennis wasn't hesitant at all, and soon Keith was petting his Venusaur, while looking back at Butternut, giving a friendly and welcoming smile, hoping the Pumpkasaur would get the idea and realize Keith really, really didn't object to their arrival.

"I never seen them myself, but my teammates tell all kinds of stories," replied Anion. "Andromeda- she's a Starmie- she says Team Rocket members took her, chained her up, even put some kind of weird shackle over her core that stopped her from using any attacks. In fact, Keith rescued her, that's how they met in the first place. And Chance evolved from Wartortle while fighting this guy trying to recruit Keith into Team Rocket."
Old 08-16-2017, 10:44 AM   #164
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Butternut caught the hints and picked up the pace, only to be picked up by a psychic force and carried into Chroma's arms. 'Ey, Can I get a little warnin' next time?' he cried.

The perpetrator shrugged. "Sorry, I guess? I was admittedly getting a little impatient..."

Between the species name and the description, Bell came to the conclusion that this Andromeda was what the Miapladicus thing could become one day... Which gave him a good idea of what the former had likely gone through. 'Yeesh, a full limiter? That could not have been pleasant. Guess Keith had no interest in breaking them down from within, huh?'

Old 08-16-2017, 12:35 PM   #165
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith smiled as Butternut got the idea and continued walking, but then an unseen force picked him up and deposited him into Chroma's arms. Moreover, Chroma's words seemed to suggest that she was behind said unseen force! "Wha- how- did you just...?" Keith asked Chroma, sounding somewhere between astonished and impressed.

The Minun shrugged. "He's been having no problem breaking them down from the outside," she said fairly. "Because of his efforts, all four of Team Rocket's Executives are either dead or in jail."
Old 08-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #166
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Hmm?" Chroma intoned regarding Keith's reaction to her little rick. "Oh, come now, don't be like that! I was doing something similar the day you gave me Elen!"

One of Butternut's ears twitched upon hearing his rival's name. 'Well, dat explains da squid's reaction to da guy earlier...'

Bell stood in a bit of an impressed silence for a few moments. '...Huh. I can't say that we could do anything remotely similar the way we are now.'

Old 08-16-2017, 01:45 PM   #167
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Oh, yeah, that's right, you had the Rare Candies spinning above your hand," Keith nodded, thinking back to the day in question. Now that he thought back to that, he felt slightly ashamed for forgetting that in the first place- he remembered thinking that that was pretty cool. "Wow. I... I can't believe I didn't remember that right away," he said sheepishly. "Especially considering I was as impressed with it last time as I am now," he added. Then, he turned his attention to the Pumpkasaur in Chroma's arms. "Wow," he smiled. "Never got to see a Pumpkasaur this close up before."

"Ain't dey just Bulbasaur wit a different color scheme, though?" Meowth asked Keith.

Keith shook his head. "There's gotta be more to them than that, I'm convinced of it," he said. "They get a special attack that nothing else can learn, right?" he asked Chroma. "Pumpkin Bomb, something like that?"

Dennis gave a small chuckle as Butternut realized that Keith was Elenchos's original Trainer. "Yeah, Keith hatched this Inkay from an Egg one day, traded him away. Never knew who to, until just now, I guess."

"Well, I'm sure you'll get there," grinned Anion. "Chance is a big, poweful Blastoise now, sure, but she started off as a small Squirtle. At least, I assume- she's been on the team way longer than me."
Old 08-16-2017, 02:34 PM   #168
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Eh, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised," Chroma admitted. "I don't get to do anything too flashy very often thanks to the laws of the land, so most don't realize I can even do this." She nodded as Keith brought up the special move only pumpkasaur (and technically smeargle) can learn. "Yep, that's exactly right! Remember the pumpkin patch in the front yard? Don't pick those."

'If yo guys didn' know about him, den... I guess he wasn' very well received?' Butternut was pretty clearly confused by the situation. 'But if dat's da case, how come da dumb squid was so excited...?"

'Yeah, perhaps we will,' Bell agreed to Anion's assertion. 'I've learned a lot both during that misadventure and afterwards, so I should have slightly easier time if we ever wind up over there again.'

Old 08-16-2017, 06:22 PM   #169
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Ah," Keith nodded, getting Chroma's point about the pumpkin patch. "I see. That sounds like an interesting security feature, honestly," he chuckled. "Someone tries to steal a pumpkin- boom!" He smiled at Butternut, eyeing the jack-o-lantern face on the orange, pumpkin-like bulb. "So, the face on the bulb," he said, sounding curious once more. "What's the deal there? Is it just for intimidation like an Arbok's markings, or is it like a Weezing's second head, or what?"

"It's not that uncommon, honestly," said Dennis. "Or at least, it never used to be that uncommon. Back when the Egg House was a thing, Keith would hatch all kinds of different Pokémon from Eggs. One of them being me, in fact. Some made it on the team, others didn't, whether because he figured someone else would be a better fit for them, or because he was running low on PC space, or what. Honestly, I heard him saying he'd have kept the Inkay if he'd had room for him on the team, so I guess the two of them just kinda liked each other from the start."

"Awesome," replied Anion, grinning at her friend. "So, speaking of that misadventure, how'd it go? How'd the rest of that battle turn out?"
Old 08-16-2017, 08:33 PM   #170
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Chroma gave her pokemon a searching look. "Uh, I haven't seen it give any signs of sapience, but maybe it's just quieter than the host?" She sighed with a small shrug. "I know that it's been the focus point for his Incinerate attack ever since he broke into my TM store."

'So it's like dat, huh?' Butternut looked a bit pensive for a moment, before focusing on reality all of the sudden. 'Aargh, blast my bleedin' heart!' He wasn't remotely oblivious to the humans' conversation, of course, and wasn't too fond of one comment in particular. 'I didn' break into anythin'! Friggin' accusations...'

Bell looked like he was about to answer before an idea came to him. 'Actually, there's something I'd like to try out regarding that. Supposedly, the Chroma lady's staryu can draw memories out in a physical form to be shared directly. Wouldn't it be better to witness the battle yourself than to listen to me try and explain it?'

(OOC: Welp, I guess I should've seen this coming. The battle in question is only one round in...)

Old 08-16-2017, 09:05 PM   #171
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Incinerate, huh?" Keith remarked. "That's pretty cool, yeah." Butternut, however, seemed to virulently object to the notion that he broke into Chroma's TM store. Keith did not fail to notice this outburst, and the same went for Meowth.

"Butternut's sayin' he didn't break inta nuttin'," Meowth translated for the humans. "I get da feelin' dere might be more to da story, personally."

"Hell, yeah, that sounds awesome!" grinned Anion. "Sounds like a plan to me."

(OOC: ...Oops. Did not realize that, sorry.)
Old 08-16-2017, 09:15 PM   #172
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Chroma looked quite skeptical about this declaration. "Seeing as the pumpkin ball also went missing that night, I find that a bit difficult to believe. So, if you didn't do it, then who did?"

Butternut suddenly looked a bit uncomfortable now. '...Berue...'

Bell jumped a couple times in excitement. 'Alright! Now to find the seastar!'

(OOC: Don't worry about it. Kinda needed to get the explanation for the HoFM out, anyway)

Old 08-16-2017, 09:36 PM   #173
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Whoever Berue is, dat seems ta be da culprit," Meowth translated, before turning back to Butternut. "So, wat exactly happened?" he asked, very much willing to hear the Pumpkasaur's side of the story, especially considering that one time he'd been blamed for something Stewie did.

"Awesome, let's get moving," agreed Anion, ready to accompany Bell.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:50 PM   #174
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Berue?!" Chroma found that to be a ridiculous claim, given from the way she was laughing. "Wow, that's anew one!"

Butternut fired a String Shot at her face in annoyance leaped to the ground as she flounderted about. 'I dunno what she was thinkin'! Maybe she was feelin' sorry for me when I got my tush handed to me by a squid who'd never battled before or somethin'!'

Bell led the way to one of the transport hubs before turning to face the minun. 'So... cocoon or warp circle?'

Old 08-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #175
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Chroma seemed to find the notion of this Berue being the thief nothing short of laughable, while Butternut was irritated by the whole thing, jumping out of Chroma's arms to the ground, though not before firing a String Shot at Chroma's face.

"Chroma, maybe it's just me, but I don't think Butternut is lying," Keith spoke up. "I dunno, it's just... I mean, he really seems annoyed that you're not taking him seriously. Speaking as someone who's wrongly accused one of my own Pokémon of something in the past, I'm thinking maybe you should at least consider the possibility, y'know?"

"By a squid who'd- ya mean dat Inkay?" Meowth asked. "But yeah, if youse had just lost a battle real bad like dat, could be she wanted ta help youse out," he nodded.

"Oooh, cocoon!" Anion grinned at once. "Rode on Keith's shoulder when he went through one- that was fun!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases