Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi

BORKED
Old 06-24-2017, 07:13 PM   #5202
Emi

(Time to continue being the only person posting in this thread! )

(Destrudo, Dead Drake of Dread)
Level 7 DARK Dragon-Type Tuner Effect Monster
1000 ATK
3000 DEF
You can only use the [(1)st] effect with this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can pay half your LP, then target 1 Level 6 or lower monster you control; Special Summon this card, but its Level is reduced by the Level of the targeted monster, also place this card on the bottom of the Deck when it leaves the field.

New card from Circuit Breaker. I quite like this card actually, even though it basically gives every deck in the game Level 7 Synchro capability. Paying half your LP I think is a suitable cost.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:43 PM   #5203
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

I like the return to bottom of deck effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miror
EK keeping up his streak of being the scummiest motherfucker to ever grace mafia games regardless of his actual alignment
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:26 PM   #5204
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
So there was Six Sam support released but the Level 2 is a Tuner.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-06-2017, 04:21 PM   #5205
Emi

gg

You're probably better off running Anti-Spell Fragrance or Imperial Order in this meta though.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:57 PM   #5206
Emi

Quote:
CIBR-JP062(?) やりすぎた埋葬 Yarisugita Maisou (Premier Burial)
Equip Spell Card
You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
(1) Activate this card by discarding 1 monster from your hand, then target 1 monster in your GY with an original Level lower than the discarded monster’s; Special Summon it, and if you do, equip it with this card.
(2) The equipped monster’s effects are negated (if any).
i'm weak
Old 07-11-2017, 12:39 AM   #5207
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
I like how it can negate even negative effects that might harm you. Since it negates effects, does it ignore summoning conditions, or is it one of those things where the negation only starts when the monster is equipped?

I also love how if you self-pop it, the monster doesn't re-die, and it can actually be a plus to pop it yourself, just because you can revive a monster without its fate being tied to the card, and it can regain its effect if the spell is popped, or, preferably, bounced. I think the restrictions work pretty well, however. Premature's 800 LP cost is rarely and issue and Call of the Haunted is costless (but slower), and for this, you're going -2 for a monster that's of lower level than the one you pay as cost. Though I suppose it can be effective for milling a hand card into the grave since graveyard effects have just blown up massively.

Trunade still banned?

Oh, on another note, I've been loving Arc-V. For one, Battleguards from the get-go is awesome. Some of my favourite cards from first gen and they got a psuedo-archetype,
in the anime at least. I mean I know they're technically Barians as well, due to the japanese names, but that's different. Performapals/Entermates are this interesting mix of fabulous and annoying. They are, as a whole, pretty damn weak. Even the higher-level ones often have shit for stats, and Partnaga prevents all low-level monsters,
including itself, from attacking. But there's a shitload of Pendulum support in them (let's not talk about VRAINS fucking up every Extra Deck method and especially Pendulums). It seems really fun and I love Yuya's motivations for wanting to entertain everyone. Entertainment Duels took not very long to grow on me because I see them much akin to anime Pokemon Contests. It's not just about the battle, but performing the battle with passion and flair. Yuya is the type of person I'd love to duel. My current real-life (shit-tier) deck is a Performapal/Dark Magician deck. Mostly because Odd-Eyes and DM both can use Double Coston and I had 2 DMs, 1 DMG, and 2 Skilled, so I figured why not, to help compensate for Entermate's general Butterfree-level lack of attack power.

Yes, I need to get many more cards, and better ones. I'm really wanting more HEROes, Superheavy Samurai, and Entermate(ge) cards.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:57 AM   #5208
Emi

You can't avoid Summoning Conditions without it being explicit.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:16 AM   #5209
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Fair. I guess that would end up pretty broken.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:40 PM   #5210
Emi

SR05-JP001 天空聖騎士[アンゲルパラディン]アークパーシアス Angeru Paradin Aaku Paashiasu (Angel Paladin Arch-Parshath)
Level 9 LIGHT Fairy-Type Effect Monster
ATK 2800
DEF 2300
(1) If this card is in your hand or GY, if you activated a Counter Trap Card, or if you negated the activation of a monster effect or a Spell/Trap Card: You can banish 2 Fairy monsters from your hand, field, and/or GY, except this card; Special Summon this card.
(2) If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.
(3) When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can add 1 “Parshath” card or 1 Counter Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.

This is a nice card.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:32 AM   #5211
deoxys
Fog Badge

Just watched a tutorial explaining Link monsters and upcoming rule changes to accommodate them. Yu-Gi-Oh! got weird as shit.

Even MtG never felt the need to change around the basics of how the game is played in order to keep people interested.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:00 PM   #5212
Torkoal Stu
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Just watched a tutorial explaining Link monsters and upcoming rule changes to accommodate them. Yu-Gi-Oh! got weird as shit.

Even MtG never felt the need to change around the basics of how the game is played in order to keep people interested.
Also they've massively screwed over Fusion, Synchro, XYZ and Pendulum monsters by making them rely on Link Monsters in order to be summoned in bulk when those Card Types had relied upon quick swarming strategies previously.

I've been watching YGO Vrains but I didn't realise these Link Monsters had changed the main game so much xd;
Old 07-21-2017, 01:05 PM   #5213
Emi

It's kind of funny because Links have not massively changed the game since their release. There are a lot of decks like True King Dino or ABC who don't run them.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:11 PM   #5214
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
Also they've massively screwed over Fusion, Synchro, XYZ and Pendulum monsters by making them rely on Link Monsters in order to be summoned in bulk when those Card Types had relied upon quick swarming strategies previously.
Could this be a deliberate attempt to remodel YGO's OTK/FTK landscape into something that's a little longer lived? One of the problems I perceived with YGO when we were last all playing in UPN tournaments was, it was a TCG that you could tell who had won the game 90% of the time after Turn 1 ended. If the game wasn't already won, then the player playing the slower deck had won. (Not yet he hadn't, but he had basically won.) Otherwise, by the end of Turn 1 the game itself was also already over -- with the player piloting the faster deck having already won via FTK. It made the game really, really boring:
  • either join a new game and it's immediately over via a single coin flip of who gets to go first
  • or else join a new game and sit through 20 agonizing minutes of knowing already who is going to win but he/you just can't quite pull it off yet so we're going to have to wait the 20 minutes for it to happen
Neither situation is fun. People want to know the identity of the winner only once he has won / is in the immediate process of winning. They don't want to know his identity 20 turns out. Nor do they wish to "play" a series of 1-turn games that are little more than street magician boner fodder. ("Look at me shufflin'!")

I know absolutely nothing about these new changes, but having read your post, Stu, I am now wondering if perhaps Konami has done this in direct response to complaints about the OTK/FTK culture of YGO over the past 5-10 years.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:42 PM   #5215
Torkoal Stu
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I know absolutely nothing about these new changes, but having read your post, Stu, I am now wondering if perhaps Konami has done this in direct response to complaints about the OTK/FTK culture of YGO over the past 5-10 years.
I don't know much about the competitive scene at all really so actually this makes sense to me. Thanks Talon~

But my least favourite thing about the Link monsters is how they're blue which continues to completely erase Ritual Monsters from existence D:
Old 07-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #5216
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

No, things are just as OTK/FTK oriented as ever. The difference is those decks now feature Links, summon a single Extra boss at most, or don't rely on the Extra at all.

Links ruin 90% of the decks from late GX-present day. Among the culled include:

-anything that needs a high number of Extra summons (Junk Doppel, Zoodiacs, all Pendulum)
-anything that restricts opponent activities relating to Synchro, Fusion, XYZ or Ritual (Dimensional Barrier)
-anything that requires running a mono-archetype (Burning Abyss)
-any deck revolving around flipping cards face down (Ghostricks, Worms)

You could tell from the design of Links they were going to be a problem, not a solution. The main issues with Yu-Gi-Oh lately haven't been the number of summons in a turn, but the effect density of those cards and power of those effects. Another problem was extreme aggro meaning that you had to stop the opponent on your first turn (or on their first turn using hand traps) or you lost.

Links do nothing to address this creep, especially not to decks like Monarchs which have all those immunities and are now free from having to run Domain. Links themselves have high density, overpowered effects and can't be switched to defense mode, meaning they extend and exaggerate the already hyper aggressive style of play that has overtaken the game lately.

I've read that Links have inspired more quits from the game than any other mechanic introduction in the past, and I'm not surprised. I'm out, too.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #5217
Emi

Zoos give _zero_ shits about Links, because they just overlay on top of each other and you can revive other Xyzs with Chakanine to use later (Whiptail is broken).

There are a few good Link monsters, most of them aren't worth the investment or aren't generic, and considering the only Link archetype that even exists in the OCG is Trickstar, that doesn't mean anything good for the mechanic as a whole.

Hell, even the fact you bring up Monarchs (who are too inconsistent to work anymore) instead of True Draco which dominated the OCG when Links dropped because Zoos were hit hard and they do not use their extra just tells me you know nothing about the impact Links actually had.

Links have really hurt a lot of decks, yes. Burning Abyss for example, literally can only play with one Dante because otherwise the use of any Link means they can't play. Ghostrick however don't care (Links aren't common enough to hamper their play style, and you can survive with one Xyz), and neither do Worms (Worms? The deck that only use Yagan and Xexes?)

What Links really tried to address was "Break my board" gamestates, but considering Zoodiac is still the best deck even with Link rules it did jack shit.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:26 PM   #5218
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

You didn't really refute my premise, just my examples, which is understandable since I quit and only half-heartedly paid attention to the chaos.

Believe it or not, I think that the format right now with bad Link monsters but Link rules is actually going to be the best in a while. It's like a second banlist . When XYZs were first introduced, they were not overwhelmingly more powerful than Synchro. The first decent XYZ deck was Dino Rabbit which was just a remake of Rescue Cat. But Konami kept releasing cards that blatantly violated the XYZ mechanic, starting with Gaia Charger and later, with the Rank-Up cards and other Chaos Overlays.

Synchros didn't get such ridiculousness until far later in the format, unless you count Vayu which wasn't a Synchro Summon. And Pendulums were immediately broken with Qliphorts not long after the generic Pendulums came out. There was no screwing around there.

We should make abet, "how many months until Link Instant Fusion gets released". We could even call it "Link Zelda Fusion" just to make it PG-13!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-21-2017, 09:31 PM   #5219
Emi

We do need a new banlist tho, one preferably that bans Barrage, Drident, and Broadbull and stops Master Peace from being ridiculous.

The thing is, Links did hurt a good number of decks, but it never acted like a banlist in and of itself. Decks changed. It's impact has not been very strong. What its basically done is prevent things like True King of All Calamities and double Laggia, but that's it.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:35 AM   #5220
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Apparently I can Librarian spam like normal because Link monsters can be summoned via tokens. Yay?

Are there any generic Links that have four arrows? Moreover, if I have Librarian in my Extra Zone, does that mean I can't summon a Link immediately afterward?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #5221
Emi

Firewall Dragon iirc has 4 arrows but will cost 4 monsters.

Also yes.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:46 AM   #5222
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

So how does this work exactly? I was under the impression that there were now 6 monster zones, with 5 regular monster zones and one Extra zone. But since the max Link Number appear to be 4, isn't the arrangement more like this?

Why does Fire Dragon cost 4 monsters? It says 2+ monsters on the summoning requirement...
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-26-2017, 12:04 PM   #5223
Emi

The Extra Deck monster zones are above the 2nd and 4th Main Monster zones.

Firewall Dragon requires materials up to its Link number. You can use other Link monsters as multiple materials, which is why it says "2+ monsters". If you have a Decode Talker, a Link 3, and a Link Spider, a Link 1, you can make Firewall Dragon with just those two monsters, since their Link numbers add up to 4. However, if you don't have any Link monsters, Firewall will require 4 monsters to summon. This is part of why Links aren't especially popular, because a lot of them need massive amounts of investment.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:19 PM   #5224
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Can the just ban everything post 5D's and go from there? It really seems like all the issues began in the XYZs era
Old 07-27-2017, 11:06 PM   #5225
Emi

lol go back to dragon ruler meta

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment