UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2019, 05:41 PM   #251
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,324
CrazyCreeperKid- You had a couple of issues. ESP was exhausted and you could barely see anything. Taking a moment to think, you come up with a brilliant makeshift light source. You pull a Wave Incense from your bag and instruct ESP to ignite the incense with a Fire Punch. The Psychic type cloaks a clenched fist in flame and gently waves it over the incense, which lets out a little hiss as the gas ignites. The dull glow doesn't illuminate much, but it at least lets you see anything within a 6 foot radius. You withdraw the exhausted Alakazam into his Pokeball, he deserved a rest.

Now that you had a light source, you decide to continue down the path ahead of you. The path slowly gets steeper and you find yourself descending deeper and deeper into the pit. As you walk, the growling you heard earlier begins to get louder, you're clearly getting closer to its source. Eventually the path levels out at you wave the incense around to get a better look at where you were. It appears to be a small cavern. From here you couldn't really spot anything interesting, but with the limited amount of light you had at your disposal, that wasn't exactly a surprise.

Pinky and Skull suddenly cry out with pain as the pair are struck by a pair of Dark Pulses! Something was definitely in here with you, and unlike you, it seemed to have no problem seeing! This was certainly an issue, how would you confront something that you can't see?



Heather- You find yourself in the path of a stampede, not exactly the best place to be. Thinking quickly, you release your Rowlet and Smeargle from their balls. Both Blathers and Murray sense the urgency of the situation and quickly follow the orders you give them. The young Rowlet whips its wings, generating a powerful Ominous Wind while Murray watches closely, studying the technique. Grasping his brush-like tail, he sketches the attack before using it himself, adding to the intensity of the Ominous Wind. The ghostly gale tears through the trees, carrying a wall of leaves and sticks with it. Surely that would help to stem the stampede?

The hoof beats fail to falter however and your forced to hide behind a tree, with Blathers and Murray quickly taking cover beside you. The tree shields you as the herd of Sawsbuck gallop past, their Normal typing the reason behind the Ominous Wind's failure. The herd soon pass and you and your Pokemon step out from behind the shelter of the tree, only to find yourself confronted with a different threat. A Luxray stands in front of you, the first thing you notice about it is the black collar strapped around its neck, with red crystals glowing brightly. Before you know it, you're surrounded on all sides. You count at least four Luxio, all sporting similar collars to the Luxray and all sporting the same angry glare. Where had they come from? They clearly belonged to someone, wild Pokemon surely wouldn't be wearing collars like that. They didn't seem to be preparing to attack, but a simple order could change that.....
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 12:43 AM   #252
Prof.Enigma
Thunder Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 599
TheKnightsFury;
A voice called to you, faint but still audible, ".ca..... U...... ar........ i......th....... "
Unfortunately you couldn't make out what the voice was saying. But considering you gave Lily the radio, chances were that it was her and not something else where ever it was you were currently at.

You stumbled around, and suddenly a blue flash illuminated you and your surroundings for a moment, and you noticed a Blastoise firing off moves in slow motion, standing over a body. Time seemed to move slow as you could walk up to what you assumed was your former wartortle and waved your hand in front of it. Hydro Cannon seemed to be what he was shooting from his cannons so curiously you reached out and touched the water.... Only for your hand to pass through it as if it wasn't there. You also crouched to look down at the body behind Blastoise to confirm that it was in fact you.

Strange.... But if you were in a world where you could still see whats going on where you and your pokemon were doing... Then perhaps you could do something to affect the material world....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile back in the real world Blastoise blasted Pyroar with move after move, leaving Sceptile for Riolu.
With Pyroar practically dispatched of after Water pulse, aura sphere, And A Hydro Cannon, it stopped moving but clearly was alive.
Mister Dusk was clearly pissed and crushed the pyroar's pokeball... Realising it and clearly showing he doesn't care for things that can't do what he wants.

Moving forward he tossed a second of his three (technically two now ) pokeballs he revealed a Honchcrow who took off and circled near the roof of the cave.

Dusknior also wasn't done yet either, going straight for Lily, the said target noticed this action and involuntarily screamed out of fear.

If she were to suffer the fate of Xander and her mother then Blastoise and Riolu would have a much harder time, that and how could she possibly save Xander and her mother if she too was borderline dead.

No. She was going to her best right here and now to do her best to save her mother, free the Diancie and help shut down this illegal slavery mining stint. For all you knew the people you freed outside were dealing with he'll just as you were, possibly even captured but no... She had to focus on one issue at a time, and right now she had to trap this Dusknior and or keep it occupied.

But, there was only so much she could do to run and avoid it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that the three of you were Stronger, you were all more confidant of your abilities and skills.
Frogaider struck from above landing a direct hit onto the rolling Chesnaught, and managed to strike at the neck, but was unable to break the collar, quickly jumping back he switched Grovyle in who hit Chesnaught with a stream of breath equal to that of the dragons, and after taunting this oppenent cheekily Monferno swung and jumped around before striking the knockout blow by showing off its acrobatic skill.

The hulking giant grass types eyes rolled back inside its head and he slumped forward, unconscious.
With a quick strike involving no particular move, the three of you removed the collar and turned to their ally Charizard to see if he needed assistance, for if not the three of you thought it best to rush back to Xanders aid.

You struck your severely dazed opponent with a Toxic, then followed up with a pulse that seemed to come from within your heart that made you akin to a Dragon.

Your opponent didn't have the energy nor motivation to move, and took your blows before slipping away into unconscious.

Now that you dispatched of this guard the four of you looked around and noticed that aside from the tents on fire and a few unconscious guards lying around you guys were alone.
Considering what you all felt you knew that at least a few of you would have to go back and help. Or .. Charizard could continue to lead the people to safety and lead them to the children and baby pokemon you had previously tucked away and the three of you could run back to aid Xander.


What will you do now?



Sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat;


You came to the Titans Butte hoping to climb up to the top, but you deemed it too hard to climb currently by yourself right now so pulling out your pokedex you decided to search the area for nearby flying types you could either capture or get to cooperate with you to get up to the top.

Unconsciously as you strolled through your dex you started walking along the length of the Butte, but you stopped when Gible chirped to get your attention as it pointed to a rock formation built into the Butte.

Looking closer at it...... You realised they were stairs.... No way! What luck.... Well actually now that you thought about it it was only logical that the Butte would have a way for Pokemon to get up it who didn't have wings or a way to climb up its craggy face.

This didn't mean you didnt want the flying type that you set to find, but at least now you didn't need to rely on one to carry you up to the top.

You and gible set about climbing the steps built into the cliff, and as you walked you noticed that these weren't human made but rather pokemon made.

Above you about a good ten feet or so a pokemon shivered in its nest on the cliff face.
He was hungry and mother never came back to feed him yet. He couldn't fly very much if at all yet to leave the nest to look for food... He started to cry as the hunger was getting to be too much to handle.

What will you do?


Last edited by Prof.Enigma; 11-30-2019 at 01:01 AM.
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:30 AM   #253
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
TheKnightsFury;
A voice called to you, faint but still audible, ".ca..... U...... ar........ i......th....... "
Unfortunately you couldn't make out what the voice was saying. But considering you gave Lily the radio, chances were that it was her and not something else where ever it was you were currently at.

You stumbled around, and suddenly a blue flash illuminated you and your surroundings for a moment, and you noticed a Blastoise firing off moves in slow motion, standing over a body. Time seemed to move slow as you could walk up to what you assumed was your former wartortle and waved your hand in front of it. Hydro Cannon seemed to be what he was shooting from his cannons so curiously you reached out and touched the water.... Only for your hand to pass through it as if it wasn't there. You also crouched to look down at the body behind Blastoise to confirm that it was in fact you.

Strange.... But if you were in a world where you could still see whats going on where you and your pokemon were doing... Then perhaps you could do something to affect the material world....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile back in the real world Blastoise blasted Pyroar with move after move, leaving Sceptile for Riolu.
With Pyroar practically dispatched of after Water pulse, aura sphere, And A Hydro Cannon, it stopped moving but clearly was alive.
Mister Dusk was clearly pissed and crushed the pyroar's pokeball... Realising it and clearly showing he doesn't care for things that can't do what he wants.

Moving forward he tossed a second of his three (technically two now ) pokeballs he revealed a Honchcrow who took off and circled near the roof of the cave.

Dusknior also wasn't done yet either, going straight for Lily, the said target noticed this action and involuntarily screamed out of fear.

If she were to suffer the fate of Xander and her mother then Blastoise and Riolu would have a much harder time, that and how could she possibly save Xander and her mother if she too was borderline dead.

No. She was going to her best right here and now to do her best to save her mother, free the Diancie and help shut down this illegal slavery mining stint. For all you knew the people you freed outside were dealing with he'll just as you were, possibly even captured but no... She had to focus on one issue at a time, and right now she had to trap this Dusknior and or keep it occupied.

But, there was only so much she could do to run and avoid it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that the three of you were Stronger, you were all more confidant of your abilities and skills.
Frogaider struck from above landing a direct hit onto the rolling Chesnaught, and managed to strike at the neck, but was unable to break the collar, quickly jumping back he switched Grovyle in who hit Chesnaught with a stream of breath equal to that of the dragons, and after taunting this oppenent cheekily Monferno swung and jumped around before striking the knockout blow by showing off its acrobatic skill.

The hulking giant grass types eyes rolled back inside its head and he slumped forward, unconscious.
With a quick strike involving no particular move, the three of you removed the collar and turned to their ally Charizard to see if he needed assistance, for if not the three of you thought it best to rush back to Xanders aid.

You struck your severely dazed opponent with a Toxic, then followed up with a pulse that seemed to come from within your heart that made you akin to a Dragon.

Your opponent didn't have the energy nor motivation to move, and took your blows before slipping away into unconscious.

Now that you dispatched of this guard the four of you looked around and noticed that aside from the tents on fire and a few unconscious guards lying around you guys were alone.
Considering what you all felt you knew that at least a few of you would have to go back and help. Or .. Charizard could continue to lead the people to safety and lead them to the children and baby pokemon you had previously tucked away and the three of you could run back to aid Xander.


What will you do now?



Was that really his Blastoise? It had to be, that was his body, which meant Wartortle must have evolved when he 'died'. Xander could hear an interrupted message, it was most likely Lily trying to communicate with the radio. If the radio signal could get in, maybe he could impact the outside world as well? He makes his way towards where Lily's mother, Lucario and Diancie were. Perhaps there was a way for him to free the Diancie from within here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blastoise grinned as the man crushed Pyroar's pokeball, the Fire type was indeed worthless. The man had released another Pokemon, but Blastoise didn't pay it any attention for now. The Dusknoir going after Lily was more of a concern right now. If the girl fell to the Ghost like Xander did, all hope was lost. The Water Starter knew he couldn't directly attack the Dusknoir, or he would risk losing Xander for good, but maybe he could stop it indirectly....

He let out a deep Yawn, hoping to catch the ghoul by surprise and put him to sleep. While he hoped that would do the trick, he knew he still had two other Pokemon to compete with. He took aim with both cannons, but his aim was split at two different targets. He fired a twin Ice Beam, one at the Sceptile that Riolu was still dealing with and one at the Honchkrow flying above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had won their battle, but something inside them told them the fight was not over. Charizard had made the decision for them, he would lead the freed to safety, while they went to find Xander and Lily. They weren't sure what they would find when they went back into the mine, but they hoped for the best. They moved as swiftly as they could, Monferno blazing forward with a Flame Charge, Frogadier dashing with a Quick Attack and Grovyle streaking along with an Agility. They were going as fast as they could, but would it be fast enough?

__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:20 PM   #254
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Boulder Badge
 
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Dragonland
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
TheKnightsFury;[COLOR="olivedrab"]



Sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat;


You came to the Titans Butte hoping to climb up to the top, but you deemed it too hard to climb currently by yourself right now so pulling out your pokedex you decided to search the area for nearby flying types you could either capture or get to cooperate with you to get up to the top.

Unconsciously as you strolled through your dex you started walking along the length of the Butte, but you stopped when Gible chirped to get your attention as it pointed to a rock formation built into the Butte.

Looking closer at it...... You realised they were stairs.... No way! What luck.... Well actually now that you thought about it it was only logical that the Butte would have a way for Pokemon to get up it who didn't have wings or a way to climb up its craggy face.

This didn't mean you didnt want the flying type that you set to find, but at least now you didn't need to rely on one to carry you up to the top.

You and gible set about climbing the steps built into the cliff, and as you walked you noticed that these weren't human made but rather pokemon made.

Above you about a good ten feet or so a pokemon shivered in its nest on the cliff face.
He was hungry and mother never came back to feed him yet. He couldn't fly very much if at all yet to leave the nest to look for food... He started to cry as the hunger was getting to be too much to handle.

What will you do?

Dracen huffed as he marched up the roughly-hewn stairs. "Lucky these were here, eh, bud?" Gible babbled excitedly, proud that he was able to help. They trudged upwards together in silence for a while, before Dracen pulled out his Pokedex again. "Let's see now. What kind of Pokémon live around here? Mandibuzz… Gible… Hippowdon… Skarmory… wow, so many strong Pokémon! All kinds of different Ground- and Rock- and Steel- Types! Even some super-strong Dragon-Types show up!" Gible struggled up another step, chittering. The stairs were a little steep for him. "Oh, Gible! I'm sorry!" Dracen hoisted the little 'Mon into his arms, smiling. "There we go!" He started up the stairs again. "The professor told us that strong Pokémon come here to train and fight at the top, so soon enough you'll level up and become a Gabite! Then you could climb these stairs all by yourself!" Gible burbled nervously. "Don't worry buddy, you'll be fine. I know you're tough enough to take any of those Pokémon down!" Gible looked up at his Trainer hopefully. "Trust me, bud!" Gible gave the air a few test punches with his stubby arms. They made their way further up the stone-carved stairs, ready for whatever would await them at the top.

Last edited by sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat; 12-06-2019 at 06:00 PM.
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:29 AM   #255
Stormingwolf
Boulder Badge
 
Stormingwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post

Stormingwolf;
The elf that sung you to sleep looked over at you unamused, you werent like other humans who started freaking out once something like that happened to them... Those who freaked out were more entertaining to elfin kind.
"Hmpf"

It set to follow you as you continued to walk through the Cosmic Clearing.

Why hadnt you panicked or shown the least bit of concern when your personal belongings were taken off your back? No funny little tantrums with human squeaking noises. No you just picked up your pokemon and continued forward into the unknown just blatantly thinking you'll come across your stuff again.

We'll this elf wasnt going to have it... So it decided that you were going to meet one of the grumps of this clearing.
Those spooky pokemon almost always caused humans to panic when they didnt have anyway to stop them or catch them. Surely that would give the show this elf was wanting.

So with a little bit of mist that slowly built up into Fog, you made your way unsuspectingly to where the elf wanted you to go.

Time seemed to crawl on, well.... Actually you had no sense or way of telling what time was now, not even the sun's shadows could help you determine how long you have been wandering the clearing since sleeping, your feet grew heavier and heavier with each step.

Not only that but you seemed to notice that you were being followed, by something, but you weren't sure as to what was following you nor how you would handle it.

CRAACCCCCKKKKKKLLLEEEEEEE
It sounded as if the tree's themselves were moving now, which could be possible as you had no idea what could be in here nor what the tree's would normally be like.....
What will you do?

Storm looked over at Rolu.
"...It feels like something is behind us."
He stopped suddenly and turned around, only seeing fog behind him.
"Though it will be impossible for me to find it without foolishly running into the fog."

Storm padded Rolu on his shoulder.
"Rolu, would you try to sense the aura of anything living near us?"
"All around us, things feel off..."

Rolu closed his eyes and started to feel the aura of his surroundings.
First he felt Storm, then the Swinub on Storm's shoulder, their aura both bright.
Then, he checked the fog behind them...
The fog itself seemed to radiate a faint aura, masking anything or anyone who may hide within.

Defeated, Rolu shook his head and sighed.
"I see...Thank you, Rolu."
Storm comforted Rolu before gently holding his paw and walking on.

Swinub just sleepily sat on Storm's shoulder.

"Would this be a world of dreams?"
"If so, then..."
"Open Sesame!"

Nothing happened.

"...Of course."
Rolu chuckled a little.





Stormingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #256
Meetan
Rainbow Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Meetan: Stressful as things were, the charging Primeape was still a danger as it rushed for Samantha, and you quickly convey evasive action to the Snubbull. With a bark, the canine waits patiently and watches the pig monkey carefully as it swings, before feinting beneath the incoming leg and lashing out with her own attack on the open leg, kicking the fighting type in the ankle as it shrieks and tumbles over onto its face. With it downed, she then begins to stomp around, seeking to keep it grounded with a bulldoze move, and while it takes some time for the Primeape to find its feet, it does so, and at this point is considerably battered and still just as angry as before. So angry in fact it starts throwing a major tantrum and starts bounding around, stomping with magnified fury at the Snubbull who tries her best to stay stable, until the ape leaps and lands on top of her heavily, knocking her to the ground.

Groaning, Samantha gets up off the ground as the two other Primeape are sent hurtling into the bushes by the Sceptile, while yours cracks its knuckles, daring the canine pokemon to try that again. Your final command issued, she howls at the Primeape and rushes forth, no longer playing around, while the monkey does the same, taken in a frenzy with a power trip. Both attacking pokemon meet in a rough and tumble brawl, going all out at each other in close combat and for a few moments you begin to worry if the pair are trying to kill each other. Eventually the fighting breaks off, Samantha weary and bruised while the Primeape stands, huffing and puffing...before toppling backwards, seething in exhaustion. The other two Primeape crawl out of the bush and snort indignantly before grabbing their protesting porcine pummeler and beating the hell out of dodge.

Samantha gained 3 levels!
Axel gained 1 level!


As you catch your breath and begin to collect yourself and Samantha, the Zl'anaians call to you, and though communications aren't the best you somehow manage to glean that the group is mostly fine, the guy who got clotheslined early on reeling but otherwise not seriously injured. The Sceptile points further onwards, and the group waits for you before you proceed onwards towards their neighbours.

A short while later your team finds themselves outside some wooden gates, and one of the men gives a small toot of a horn, as if to signal arrival. A few seconds pass before a head pops up over the wall and the pair begin to chatter, before the head dips back beneath the gate, which opens slowly. As your group begins to head in, the gatekeeper swiftly brings up an arm barring your passage, and looks at you with some expected suspicion. Perhaps it might be an idea to curry some favour with these strangers?
The way that the wild Primeape stomped on her poor, baby, puppy of a girl was horrifying. And yet, through the tantrums and the roughhousing and close combat of it all, Samantha managed to come out on top. Her pink and blue fur was marred with scars and missing spots, and the skin beneath was going to be blooming with ugly bruises in no time at all. However, the grumpy healer was holding herself well in spite of the difficult battle, and she gave the retreating Pokemon a mean snort and huff as they fled.

"Oh, you poor thing!" Alice cooed, running to move and scoop up her beloved Snubbull. The fairy flinches, tugging at the woman's heartstrings, and doesn't look completely pleased. It was embarrassment to be surrounded by such a crowd and doted upon, although in reality, Samantha appreciated the attention. She grumbled sulkily through a cover of kisses and audible fuss before her trainer put her away, Axel also returning to his ball for a rest, and Alice carried on walking with the pack. The journey wasn't as long as she anticipated, which was just as well. It would mean less time for more Pokemon to be unleashed upon them.

However, in a twist that made her stomach turn, the gate guards of their destination didn't seem too eager to let her in. Great. Of course not. Alice blinked confusedly, unsure of what to do, but perhaps she could try to bribe her way in? "I'm here to help," She said, knowing that her words might be lost on them, but perhaps body language and tone understood. Alice wanted to at least get her good intentions across. "And I brought these. A rare shard, and ice that won't ever melt." Alice continued, producing an Aqua Shard and Nevermeltice from her bag for them to take. She figured that her more modern and synthetic items would only cause upset, after all.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #257
Prof.Enigma
Thunder Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 599
Updates For TKF, SW, AD

Stormingwolf
You thought this was a world of dream where you could do just about anything here, and unbeknownst to you, you were correct, but not... and exactly how you were right and wrong at the same time couldn't be explained.

While Rolu tried and failed to pick something up in the area, Swniom, on the other hand, could and what he smelt was a bit odd. It was a sort of Sweet Scent that you could barely notice, but since the Swinub had heightened senses of smell than both you and Rolu, he picked up it better.

Soon that very smell grew stronger and stronger until all three of you could smell it... and now it wasn't smelling good... More like it was too sweet for you and it would make you all sick if you continued to smell it any longer.

Accompanying the scent was the small sound of tinkering bells... And Rolu freaked out for a moment because before, he couldn't pick up upon any other Aura's but now he was sensing at least three other aura's, pokemons auras rather, not humans. Two small things flitted in and out of this swirling mist that now swamped the area with that sickly sweet scent. The tinkering of bells seemed to come from them, but... if there were three pokemon here then where was the third?

Would you have to battle? Are you even able to battle?
What is your choice of actions?



TheKnightsFury;
You made your way to Lily's mother and her Lucario, where Diancie was being held captive. You thought there was something you could do while you were here. There just Had to be something you could do to help, and as you approached you saw that there was a faint glow emitting from the mother's chest and her Lucario's... What could that mean?

Looking back to your body you noticed you didn't have a glow in your chest and when you looked at your spirit self you couldn't see a glow there... Perhaps you just didn't have this... whatever this was.

Reaching for the chain, your hands gripped onto something solid, but was it the chain? You tugged at it and realized that indeed it was... but you also noticed it didn't budge one centimeter.

Hmmm... Perhaps you should try and get Lily's mother and Lucario awoken first. Then they could help you solve your dilemma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes. Crush that fire types ball you thought, he was worthless indeed especially when it came to you and your skill and prowess, and noticing that Lily was being swamped by Dusky you let out a Yawn hoping to put it to sleep for a bit while buying time for you to deal with these other puny pokemon opponents, Aiming, you fired off twin Ice Beams both heading to the targets.

The Sceptile Avoided the beam all together, getting up and prepping some kind of attack with its mouth. But the Honchcrow did get a taste of your Beam, on its feet that is.
Having frozen its feet together it started dropping like a rock, but its trainer had it turn that fall into an attack, and then it pointed its beak at you and started rotating in the air, throwing the ice on its legs around it like a dead weight, spinning it faster and faster like a Drill.

Dusky didn't seem to be affected by your Yawning, and still reached out to grab Lily, but a small body slammed into it from behind.
The riolu had tears streaming down its face, and it stood shaking with rage. First, this person took its mother and her partner's mother, Now along with this pokemon, they took Xander and were trying to take away its partner.
He couldn't, and wouldn't allow that. Slowly the air around the riolu swirled and he took on a blue glow similar to Blastoises glow before he evolved.

Lily looked on in awe, stunned for a moment and forgot the radio in her hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three of you raced back inside with moves that boosted your speed movements, and soon enough you reached the cavern where the main fight was taking place.
All three of you could see Xander's motionless body under the Blastoise... Was that your former Wartortle partner?
Then you saw he was swamped with two opponents, while the riolu sparred with a Dusknior while standing over Lily.

Then, to add onto the Troubles you had to help with, the man in the back tossed one more ball revealing a Scizor, who rushed to the three of you with a barrage of punches that were the speed of bullets.

What will you do now?



sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat:
You marched up the stairs with your Gible in your arms, speculating and looking up what potential opponents you would or could face here at the Butte. The higher you climbed the more you noticed signs of recent pokemon going through the area, fresh claw markings, some scat here and there and patches of feathers and fur.

This sight of pokemon revved you and Gible up even more and you tried to dash a bit more to reach the top of the stairs...

CRACCCCKKKKKKKKKLELEEEEEEEE

You barely had time to react before you fell into the hole that opened up at your feet and tucking your gible into your arms and sheltering it was all you could do as you fell.

A few mins later you woke to Gible poking you carefully with his head and crying out, his chirps and squeaks sounding concerned.

You hit the ground hard, it seemed and it knocked the wind out of you, but it didn't feel as if you broke any bones upon impact, though your clothes were ripped up a good bit and you were indeed going to have bruises from this fall.

Somehow your pokedex survived the fall with little to no outward damage on it, but your pack was nowhere to be seen.
And.... something else was in this cave with you
A small Bird pokemon dug through your pack eagerly squawking and sniffing for food.

But upon hearing you arouse, it turned and flew at you attacking with its small wings and talons, Pecking you and Gible.

What will you do?

Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:50 PM   #258
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Boulder Badge
 
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Dragonland
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat:
You marched up the stairs with your Gible in your arms, speculating and looking up what potential opponents you would or could face here at the Butte. The higher you climbed the more you noticed signs of recent pokemon going through the area, fresh claw markings, some scat here and there and patches of feathers and fur.

This sight of pokemon revved you and Gible up even more and you tried to dash a bit more to reach the top of the stairs...

CRACCCCKKKKKKKKKLELEEEEEEEE

You barely had time to react before you fell into the hole that opened up at your feet and tucking your gible into your arms and sheltering it was all you could do as you fell.

A few mins later you woke to Gible poking you carefully with his head and crying out, his chirps and squeaks sounding concerned.

You hit the ground hard, it seemed and it knocked the wind out of you, but it didn't feel as if you broke any bones upon impact, though your clothes were ripped up a good bit and you were indeed going to have bruises from this fall.

Somehow your pokedex survived the fall with little to no outward damage on it, but your pack was nowhere to be seen.
And.... something else was in this cave with you
A small Bird pokemon dug through your pack eagerly squawking and sniffing for food.

But upon hearing you arouse, it turned and flew at you attacking with its small wings and talons, Pecking you and Gible.

What will you do?


"Uuurgh… " Dracen blinked, sitting up woozily. Gible gleefully hopped into his Trainer's arms, relieved to see Dracen was alright. They had fallen quite a ways, into some kind of cave in- or, more frighteningly, under- the Butte. Dracen set his partner Pokémon down, standing up fully. As he brushed the dust out of his hair and clothes, he surveyed their surroundings. He reached up to secure his Bag, only to find it completely gone. He twisted around, eyes searching. They landed upon a pair of clawed feet digging in his bag, its contents scattered all about. "Hey, get out of my Bag!" Dracen called. He stepped closer, only to meet a whirl of beak and feathers. The hungry Bird Pokémon exploded from the Bag, a flurry of attacks causing Dracen to stumble away. Gible leaped in front of his Trainer, assuming a battle position. The wild Pokémon stepped back as well, Gible growling and the Bird Pokémon chirping. Dracen stepped up behind his partner Pokemon. "Looks like we'll have to fight our way out of this!" He unhitched a Pokeball from his belt. "Let's tip the odds in our favor, shall we? Go, Sizzlipede!" His newest Pokémon, the Galarian Bug and Fire Type Sizzlipede, jumped from his Pokeball, already gearing up for a fight. Sizzlipede spat and hissed, skittering up next to Gible. "We've got this! Gible, use Sand Attack! Sizzlipede, use Ember!" Gible spat a cloud of sand at the attacker, making it difficult to aim. Sizzlipede launched a small, red-hot ball of fire at the Bird Pokémon. The battle was on.
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:03 PM   #259
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post

TheKnightsFury;
You made your way to Lily's mother and her Lucario, where Diancie was being held captive. You thought there was something you could do while you were here. There just Had to be something you could do to help, and as you approached you saw that there was a faint glow emitting from the mother's chest and her Lucario's... What could that mean?

Looking back to your body you noticed you didn't have a glow in your chest and when you looked at your spirit self you couldn't see a glow there... Perhaps you just didn't have this... whatever this was.

Reaching for the chain, your hands gripped onto something solid, but was it the chain? You tugged at it and realized that indeed it was... but you also noticed it didn't budge one centimeter.

Hmmm... Perhaps you should try and get Lily's mother and Lucario awoken first. Then they could help you solve your dilemma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes. Crush that fire types ball you thought, he was worthless indeed especially when it came to you and your skill and prowess, and noticing that Lily was being swamped by Dusky you let out a Yawn hoping to put it to sleep for a bit while buying time for you to deal with these other puny pokemon opponents, Aiming, you fired off twin Ice Beams both heading to the targets.

The Sceptile Avoided the beam all together, getting up and prepping some kind of attack with its mouth. But the Honchcrow did get a taste of your Beam, on its feet that is.
Having frozen its feet together it started dropping like a rock, but its trainer had it turn that fall into an attack, and then it pointed its beak at you and started rotating in the air, throwing the ice on its legs around it like a dead weight, spinning it faster and faster like a Drill.

Dusky didn't seem to be affected by your Yawning, and still reached out to grab Lily, but a small body slammed into it from behind.
The riolu had tears streaming down its face, and it stood shaking with rage. First, this person took its mother and her partner's mother, Now along with this pokemon, they took Xander and were trying to take away its partner.
He couldn't, and wouldn't allow that. Slowly the air around the riolu swirled and he took on a blue glow similar to Blastoises glow before he evolved.

Lily looked on in awe, stunned for a moment and forgot the radio in her hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three of you raced back inside with moves that boosted your speed movements, and soon enough you reached the cavern where the main fight was taking place.
All three of you could see Xander's motionless body under the Blastoise... Was that your former Wartortle partner?
Then you saw he was swamped with two opponents, while the riolu sparred with a Dusknior while standing over Lily.

Then, to add onto the Troubles you had to help with, the man in the back tossed one more ball revealing a Scizor, who rushed to the three of you with a barrage of punches that were the speed of bullets.

What will you do now?

Xander looked at the light emitting from Lily's mothers chest, as well as her Lucario. What was it? Was that aura? Lucario were known for their powerful aura and their trainers often possessed the same strength. Was there a way to use that to help them? Xander stood in front of the pair, unsure of what he should do, but then he has an idea. What if he could connect them? At the moment they were separated, but if he could somehow reconnect the auras he might just have a chance of getting away with his life. Xander reached out with both hands, hoping to use himself as a conduit......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blastoise looked across at Riolu, who seemed to be in the middle of evolving. He'd surely be able to hold off the Dusknoir now. Help had arrived as well, he watched as the man sent a Scizor after Xander's prized trio, who had also evolved during the conflict. The Sceptile seemed to be free of its Choice Scarf and was now preparing a different attack, while the Honchkrow was coming in hot, spinning like a drill. Blastoise prepared a Counter attack for the Honchkrow, which he'd follow up with a Flash Cannon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grovyle reacted quickly to the incoming Scizor, throwing up a Quick Guard to protect himself and his partners. He then reeled away from the Scizor and rushed down to confront the Sceptile. Blastoise didn't need to handle two opponents by himself anymore and Grovyle wanted the chance to face off against its evolved form. He planned to lead with a X-Scissor, he'd follow up quickly with a Dragon Breath.

With Grovyle giving them some cover before running off, Monferno and Frogadier prepared to fit against the Scizor. Monferno clapped with an Encore, before preparing to attack with a Flamethrower, while Frogadier readied a one-two combo, going for a Power-Up Punch followed by a Fire Punch.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:20 AM   #260
CrazyCreeperKid
Cascade Badge
 
CrazyCreeperKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Vermilion City
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
CrazyCreeperKid- You had a couple of issues. ESP was exhausted and you could barely see anything. Taking a moment to think, you come up with a brilliant makeshift light source. You pull a Wave Incense from your bag and instruct ESP to ignite the incense with a Fire Punch. The Psychic type cloaks a clenched fist in flame and gently waves it over the incense, which lets out a little hiss as the gas ignites. The dull glow doesn't illuminate much, but it at least lets you see anything within a 6 foot radius. You withdraw the exhausted Alakazam into his Pokeball, he deserved a rest.

Now that you had a light source, you decide to continue down the path ahead of you. The path slowly gets steeper and you find yourself descending deeper and deeper into the pit. As you walk, the growling you heard earlier begins to get louder, you're clearly getting closer to its source. Eventually the path levels out at you wave the incense around to get a better look at where you were. It appears to be a small cavern. From here you couldn't really spot anything interesting, but with the limited amount of light you had at your disposal, that wasn't exactly a surprise.

Pinky and Skull suddenly cry out with pain as the pair are struck by a pair of Dark Pulses! Something was definitely in here with you, and unlike you, it seemed to have no problem seeing! This was certainly an issue, how would you confront something that you can't see?

"Well, it'll do." Danny said as he proceeded down the cave. The growling was getting louder, and louder, and louder, and louder, until, whiff! A pair of Dark Pulses shot at Pinky and Skull, the former taking super-effective damage, and the latter not very effective.

"Wait what? I can't catch a break, can I." Danny said as he gazed around. He couldn't see anything in that direction, so he retreated Pinky into his pokeball. He then sent out Incisor, his male Chewtle, instead.

"Incisor, stay on the watch!" Danny said. Then, his Vullaby pointed in the direction the blast came from with his left wing.

"Chewtle, shoot a Water Gun in that direction! If you can target him, hit him with a Tackle! And Skull, Snarl all around, then give the attacker a good Gust!"
__________________


Team banner by Keith Masters (Missingno. Master)
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:32 AM   #261
Stormingwolf
Boulder Badge
 
Stormingwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Stormingwolf
You thought this was a world of dream where you could do just about anything here, and unbeknownst to you, you were correct, but not... and exactly how you were right and wrong at the same time couldn't be explained.

While Rolu tried and failed to pick something up in the area, Swniom, on the other hand, could and what he smelt was a bit odd. It was a sort of Sweet Scent that you could barely notice, but since the Swinub had heightened senses of smell than both you and Rolu, he picked up it better.

Soon that very smell grew stronger and stronger until all three of you could smell it... and now it wasn't smelling good... More like it was too sweet for you and it would make you all sick if you continued to smell it any longer.

Accompanying the scent was the small sound of tinkering bells... And Rolu freaked out for a moment because before, he couldn't pick up upon any other Aura's but now he was sensing at least three other aura's, pokemons auras rather, not humans. Two small things flitted in and out of this swirling mist that now swamped the area with that sickly sweet scent. The tinkering of bells seemed to come from them, but... if there were three pokemon here then where was the third?

Would you have to battle? Are you even able to battle?
What is your choice of actions?




Swinom jumped off of Storm's shoulder and darted around for a bit, tracking the faint Sweet scent in the air.

Before long the scent enveloped the whole area.
Pleasant at first, then sickeningly sweet.

Swinom returned to Storm's shoulder, pressing his snout against him to block the scent somewhat.

Rolu took a defensive stance as he suddenly sensed three auras closeby.
Storm wordlessy looked over at the alarmed Riolu, he returned with a gaze of his own and nodded three times.

The faint sound off bells could be heard coming from the mysterious mist.
In a way, it was enchanting.
Nearly paralyzing even.
Storm noticed that his will to move away started to waver.
But to confront unknown beings in an unknown realm would be foolish.

He gathered his resolve and slapped himself in the face, stammering back a little from the impact.
He quickly took hold of Rolu's paw and started retreating while still facing the mist, covering his face with one hand while pulling Rolu in close.

"Swinom, use...Ah..."
Storm considered using odor sleuth to identify the three unknown beings in the mist, but the sweet scent would impede it.

Storm paused for a moment and nodded to Rolu before issuing his first command.
"Rolu, use foresight and identify the three beings in the mist!"

Rolu took a good observed the mist closely while at the same time retreating further with Storm.



Stormingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:12 PM   #262
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- You weren't far from your goal now, but the Lycanroc stood in your way. Four would be too much for the newly evolved Piloswine to handle, so you call on two more Pokemon to hopefully level the playing field. Scizor and Hakamo-o shivered slightly given the conditions, but it didn't take long for the adrenaline to heat them back up. Before ordering your Pokemon onto the offensive, you decide to make the first move yourself. You crunch up a snowball between your hands before carefully taking aim and hurling it at the old grey Lycanroc, the pack's alpha.

Your aim is true but it fails to hit its mark, one of the other Lycanrocs smash it before it can connect. You prepare for the pack to leap onto the offensive, but instead they remain on their marks, looking to their leader for guidance. The old grey wolf lets out a low growl, an order that its followers are quick to enact. The three regular Midnight Lycanrocs slam their fore-paws into the snow coated earth, creating a staggered Stone Edge wall that blocks off the pass. It seems you now have no way through. The behaviour of the Lycanroc seemed odd, rather than wanting to tear you apart, they seemed intent on stopping you from reaching your destination, but why? The three Lycanroc leap onto their makeshift blockade, flexing their muscles and strengthening their bodies with a Bulk Up, clearly an intimidation tactic.

It might be possible to find another way around, but its more than likely that the Lycanroc would continue to pursue you. Perhaps the only way to get through is by force?
Hugo could have guessed it wouldn’t be so easy. Truth be told, his decision to throw the snowball was more guts than brains and he knew the Lycanroc weren’t going to take kindly to it. So this obstacle wasn’t wholly unexpected.

But what was unexpected was the fact that the Lycanroc seemed more interested in acting as a blockade rather than tearing Hugo and company to shreds and leaving them a bloody pile in the cold, cold snow. What possibly could be their motive? The leader of the pack has clearly been around for a very long time. Perhaps he – and the rest of his crew – are in allegiance with the Guardian serving as its sentries. Maybe their role is to protect the guardian.

Or worse. Maybe they are there…to protect to guardian’s challengers. Maybe they know that whatever lies ahead is so much worse, so they try to stop challengers from getting there.

Hugo looked into the cold eyes of the head Lycanroc, but could not get a sense of what it was thinking. Its gaze was stoic and undaunted. Meanwhile, his team was prepared to strike. But Hugo had come this far and whatever the reasoning the Lycanroc had, it didn’t matter. He wasn’t going to let them – or anyone else – stand in his way any longer. He didn’t want to have to do this the hard way, but if that’s the way it had to be, that’s the way it had to be.

His team was surging with energy, ready for a fight.

“You guys read?” Hugo whispered, his voice low. His team growled and grumbled in affirmation. It was time.

“I didn’t want to have to do this,” Hugo announced to the Lycanroc. “I’m sure you have a reason for getting in my way.

But you are not going to stay in my way.

Hakamo-o, use Sky Uppercut! Pilowsine, use Mud Bomb! Scizor, use Steel Wing! GO!”
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:13 PM   #263
Prof.Enigma
Thunder Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 599
Updoot


Sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat:

The small Bird pokemon Squawked when the sand got into its eyes and it hopped around flapping its wings trying to get the sand out of them. This allowed for Slizzipede to get a direct hit in with Ember, getting another loud squawk. From there you were able to dash your bag and you snatched it up, Looking inside you noticed that it seemed to only have nibbled on a few loose snacks you had left in your bag.

Why would that be going after food? Shouldn't have a mother or father to go and get food to bring back to the nest to feed it? Something wasn't quite right... It was starving and with this fact, you had several more questions race through your head.

Did something happen to the parental figures of this pokemon?
The bird then shook its head and Ruffled its feathers, creating a small but effective tailwind

With this, you were finally able to get a good look at the bird and noticed it had overall blueish-grey feathers and white fluffy down on its head, with one big prominent red feather. It squawked once more and continued to peck at Slizzipede and Gible.

You had a few options here, all of which involved knocking this bird down a peg.
You could leave it be and escape, You could try to find its nest and leave it there and check for signs of any parents, Or you could catch it, feed it and try to figure out what happened to its parents.

What is your next choice of action?


TheKnightsFury:
You reached out and touched the mother and her partner pokemon together with your hands, and as soon as you did so a sea of emotions and memories flooded through and you and out of you. These emotions were powerful, however, as soon as they came through you they left.

A spark zapped between you pushing you away from the two, as the spark became a golden light chain of sorts, winding its way through and around them... Linking them as One.

When the light faded away, the woman's head turned to you and then looked around
"Where... where are we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You prepped a Counter for the oncoming bird, and you nearly got it. In the span of a few seconds, the bird diverted itself and turned its feet at you. Crashing into your body with all of the Ice, shattering and freeing its feet which it soon used to its advantage and it flapped a few feet just out of your physical range. It mocked you and Taunted you with a laugh.

Your Flash Cannon however, was charged and ready to fire, managing to clip some feathers off of its left-wing and right-wing, it then took off flying up and around at higher heights waiting for you to fire more attacks at it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to your Quick Guard Both Monferno and Frogadier were spared from a barrage of punches, allowing you and them to prepare your next moves.
You took to the opening and charged at the fully evolved Sceptile with your leaf blades in the shape of an X-Scissor and smacked him in the face with it, and you followed it up with a direct hit Dragon Breath. Knocking the already weakened Sceptile off its feet and breaking its focus.

With Grovyle took on Sceptile, You and Frogadier prepared to fight against the Scizor. Your Encore angered it and sure enough, another barrage of punches flew at the both of you. However, it noticed you sucking in air and Frogadier's leap and it sprang back dodging your fiery breath and the two-punch combo from Frogadier.

It then Smashed the Rocks on the ground with its claws and swirled the debris up with an Ominous sounding Wind from its wings.
This made a Sandstorm that affected your vision and struck all of you with small sharp rocks every few mins or so.

What is your next move?



Stormingwolf:

Rolu held onto you and projected the images of the pokemon it saw through the mist using Foresight with its feelers.

It looked as if you had two Flabebe and a Florges approaching you, although the Florges stopped and the flabebe continued to float to you giggling with their bell-like voices

" What do we have here? A human? Why this is surely not a human.
It doesn't have any clothing on except that thing around here
"

They spoke back and forth as they approached you and poked you with their little flowers. So far they didn't seem like a threat and aside from being a little rude and acting as if you couldn't speak, you didn't think there was no reason to talk to these pokemon and ask questions.

Perhaps these flabebe could show you where to go to find your stolen clothes or help you obtain new ones, perhaps they could tell you what's going on with the mist that is way too sweet.

But at the same time, you couldn't be too careful here. It could very well be that these pokemon were the ones that lured you to sleep in the first place. How were you going to go about this situation? What was your plan?
You could fight these pokemon... but an unprovoked attack could lead to horrible things down the road.

Too many things were going on here for you to really have a clear understanding of what was going on here. This mist didn't help either... Surely you could clear this mist away without hurting the pokemon right?


Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:03 PM   #264
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post



TheKnightsFury:
You reached out and touched the mother and her partner pokemon together with your hands, and as soon as you did so a sea of emotions and memories flooded through and you and out of you. These emotions were powerful, however, as soon as they came through you they left.

A spark zapped between you pushing you away from the two, as the spark became a golden light chain of sorts, winding its way through and around them... Linking them as One.

When the light faded away, the woman's head turned to you and then looked around
"Where... where are we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You prepped a Counter for the oncoming bird, and you nearly got it. In the span of a few seconds, the bird diverted itself and turned its feet at you. Crashing into your body with all of the Ice, shattering and freeing its feet which it soon used to its advantage and it flapped a few feet just out of your physical range. It mocked you and Taunted you with a laugh.

Your Flash Cannon however, was charged and ready to fire, managing to clip some feathers off of its left-wing and right-wing, it then took off flying up and around at higher heights waiting for you to fire more attacks at it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to your Quick Guard Both Monferno and Frogadier were spared from a barrage of punches, allowing you and them to prepare your next moves.
You took to the opening and charged at the fully evolved Sceptile with your leaf blades in the shape of an X-Scissor and smacked him in the face with it, and you followed it up with a direct hit Dragon Breath. Knocking the already weakened Sceptile off its feet and breaking its focus.

With Grovyle took on Sceptile, You and Frogadier prepared to fight against the Scizor. Your Encore angered it and sure enough, another barrage of punches flew at the both of you. However, it noticed you sucking in air and Frogadier's leap and it sprang back dodging your fiery breath and the two-punch combo from Frogadier.

It then Smashed the Rocks on the ground with its claws and swirled the debris up with an Ominous sounding Wind from its wings.
This made a Sandstorm that affected your vision and struck all of you with small sharp rocks every few minutes or so.

What is your next move?


Xander watched in awe as Lily's mother and her Lucario were reconnected, waking the pair from their slumber. "From what I can tell its some sort of halfway point between life and death, we were drawn in by a Dusknoir. I'm Xander, I've been helping your daughter. We need to find a way out of here fast, she needs our help. Have you got any ideas?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blastoise found himself outplayed by the cunning Honchkrow. While he had managed a couple of hits, he was struggling to compete with the bird's aerial advantage. He now had a Taunt to deal with as well, the move making his blood boil. He had to bring the Flying type down to earth....

That was it! He prepared to Smack Down the Honchkrow, allowing him to target it with a Signal Beam and another Ice Beam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grovyle grinned, it already had the advantage. Blastoise had done a great job, weakening the Sceptile to a point where Grovyle could come in and finish the job. All he had to do now was keep wearing it down with Fury Cutters, a few of those and the Sceptile would surely be finished.

Monferno and Frogadier were having less luck, but it was nothing they couldn't handle. Frogadier prepared to close in with an Aerial Ace, using the moves incredible accuracy to get in close to his target so he could follow up with a Fire Punch. Monferno rushed forward with a Flame Charge, preparing to follow up with a Drain Punch should he get into melee range, otherwise he'd go for a Fire Pledge.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 04:09 PM   #265
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,324
CrazyCreeperKid- You were under attack! You couldn't see your attacker, but you knew it was out there somewhere! You release your Chewtle and order him to fire a Water Gun in the direction the Dark Pulses came from. He quickly fires the stream of water, however all you hear is the water splashing against the wall of the cavern. Skull has a go, letting out a Snarl. The Vullaby seems to have a bit more luck due to the spread of her attack, the Snarl is followed by a low growl. Before your Pokemon can react, something leaps from the shadows, tackling you to the ground and pinning you on your back. All you can see is two set of teeth snapping at you, as you try your hardest to get the Pokemon off of you. Incisor tackles the Pokemon to no avail, while Skull's Gust is likewise shrugged off.

"Wait is somebody there? Zweilous stand down!" Suddenly the cavern lights up, illuminating the Zweilous that pinned you. The dragon backs off, releasing you and allowing you to stand up. You immediately notice the man slumped against the wall on the far side of the cavern, the lantern by his side the source of the light. He seems to be wearing some kind of uniform and his leg is covered in a bandage, blood seems to be seeping through. "Sorry about that, he must have thought you were one of them. My name is Thomas, I'm a member of the Hunter's Guild but I mostly monitor the Pit, we get a lot of travellers get lost down here. I was down here following a report when we were attacked by a crazed horde of Skorupi. One of them cut my leg open, we've been taking shelter here so I could heal enough for the climb out. What exactly are you doing down here?"



King Ghidorah- Despite coming to the realisation that the Lycanroc might be trying to protect you from a gruesome fate, you decide to continue on your pursuit of the destiny. You order your Pokemon onto the offensive. The Lycanroc seem to realise you won't be backing down and the three regular Lycanroc leap down to confront your Pokemon. Hakamo-o rushes one Lycanroc, swinging a powerful uppercut at the wolf. The Rock type braces for the impact, taking it well before replying with a Counter that sends Hakamo-o tumbling back through the snow. Piloswine lines up another of the Lycanroc and launches a Mud Bomb. The cunning canine has an answer for it though, slamming its paws into the snow. Pillars of stone erupt from the ground, making a bee line towards Piloswine. One pillar pops the Mud Bomb, the next strikes Piloswine, dealing a powerful hit to the furry critter. Scizor weaves through the pillars, wings glowing with energy as he prepares to strike. He slams his wing into the Lycanroc's chest, driving it backwards with tremendous force. Unfortunately the remaining Lycanroc leaps at him from above, landing on his back before sinking Fiery Fangs into his neck. The Super Effective attack leaves a nasty Burn on the Scizor, surely impacting his strength. The White Lycanroc watches on, curious as to whether you'd continue to try and force your way through.

The three Lycanroc regroup, standing shoulder to shoulder between the pass. The trio Bulk Up, strengthening themselves in preparation for your next attack. If you wanted to overcome them, you'd have to be more cunning than them, something easier said than done.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 06:46 PM   #266
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post

King Ghidorah- Despite coming to the realisation that the Lycanroc might be trying to protect you from a gruesome fate, you decide to continue on your pursuit of the destiny. You order your Pokemon onto the offensive. The Lycanroc seem to realise you won't be backing down and the three regular Lycanroc leap down to confront your Pokemon. Hakamo-o rushes one Lycanroc, swinging a powerful uppercut at the wolf. The Rock type braces for the impact, taking it well before replying with a Counter that sends Hakamo-o tumbling back through the snow. Piloswine lines up another of the Lycanroc and launches a Mud Bomb. The cunning canine has an answer for it though, slamming its paws into the snow. Pillars of stone erupt from the ground, making a bee line towards Piloswine. One pillar pops the Mud Bomb, the next strikes Piloswine, dealing a powerful hit to the furry critter. Scizor weaves through the pillars, wings glowing with energy as he prepares to strike. He slams his wing into the Lycanroc's chest, driving it backwards with tremendous force. Unfortunately the remaining Lycanroc leaps at him from above, landing on his back before sinking Fiery Fangs into his neck. The Super Effective attack leaves a nasty Burn on the Scizor, surely impacting his strength. The White Lycanroc watches on, curious as to whether you'd continue to try and force your way through.

The three Lycanroc regroup, standing shoulder to shoulder between the pass. The trio Bulk Up, strengthening themselves in preparation for your next attack. If you wanted to overcome them, you'd have to be more cunning than them, something easier said than done.
“Gah,” Hugo muttered to himself, watching his team take substantial damage from the Lycanroc trio.

Hakamo-o pulled itself out of the snow, shaking with fury. Before Hugo could even utter a command, the Dragon-type let out an ear-piercing Screech, immediately followed by a fierce Noble Roar. Hugo turned to scold his partner, but the look in the dragon’s eyes that read “just shut the fuck up I know what I’m doing” shut Hugo up instantly. The Lycanroc were quick and they were getting stronger by the minute. Trying to force them into a battle of might head on would not end well.

Scizor and Piloswine, however, were not faring as well. Between the Stone Edge blast and the Fire Fang burn, they were reeling. But there wasn’t much time to lick their wounds. The Lycanroc could strike at any moment. Rather than try to take them on one-by-one, maybe, Hugo thought, he needed to try to take them down as a group. Hugo realized he may have to sacrifice type-advantage moves to do so, but he also knew he needed to make the most of out every move and try to take down as many of them as he could at once. He hoped Hakamo-o lowering their stats may make it a bit easier.

“Piloswine, I want you to freeze them in their tracks. Slow them down with a bonechilling Icy Wind! And Scizor!”

Scizor was in bad shape. Hugo could tell that the burn it was suffering from was immensely painful. Hugo rummaged through his bag, hoping to find another Rawst berry, but came up empty. Scizor was going to have to power through this.

“Scizor,” Hugo said, trying to sound calm. “Give it all you got. Throw yourself out there and nail those bastards with a Brutal Swing!”
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:32 AM   #267
CrazyCreeperKid
Cascade Badge
 
CrazyCreeperKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Vermilion City
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
CrazyCreeperKid- You were under attack! You couldn't see your attacker, but you knew it was out there somewhere! You release your Chewtle and order him to fire a Water Gun in the direction the Dark Pulses came from. He quickly fires the stream of water, however all you hear is the water splashing against the wall of the cavern. Skull has a go, letting out a Snarl. The Vullaby seems to have a bit more luck due to the spread of her attack, the Snarl is followed by a low growl. Before your Pokemon can react, something leaps from the shadows, tackling you to the ground and pinning you on your back. All you can see is two set of teeth snapping at you, as you try your hardest to get the Pokemon off of you. Incisor tackles the Pokemon to no avail, while Skull's Gust is likewise shrugged off.

"Wait is somebody there? Zweilous stand down!" Suddenly the cavern lights up, illuminating the Zweilous that pinned you. The dragon backs off, releasing you and allowing you to stand up. You immediately notice the man slumped against the wall on the far side of the cavern, the lantern by his side the source of the light. He seems to be wearing some kind of uniform and his leg is covered in a bandage, blood seems to be seeping through. "Sorry about that, he must have thought you were one of them. My name is Thomas, I'm a member of the Hunter's Guild but I mostly monitor the Pit, we get a lot of travellers get lost down here. I was down here following a report when we were attacked by a crazed horde of Skorupi. One of them cut my leg open, we've been taking shelter here so I could heal enough for the climb out. What exactly are you doing down here?"

"Ouch!" Danny yelled as he was pinned by his attacker. Then, he heard a voice in the background, calling down his attacker, which was a Zweilous. Danny got up, dusting himself off then looking in the direction of the harsh lantern light. A man was slumped against the cavern wall. He was wearing a uniform of some kind, and his leg was wrapped with a "white" bandage that was pinkish-red, due to the blood soaked through it.

"Oh, um, hey Thomas. You weren't the only one who got attacked. I was attacked by a Vullaby and its mother Mandibuzz. I was able to scare off the Mandibuzz by catching her child." Danny said, as he gestured towards the Vullaby in his arms.

Thomas then asked him what we was doing in this hole. "Well, um, I was trying to, um.... I kind of fell in." Danny said defeatedly.
__________________


Team banner by Keith Masters (Missingno. Master)
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:05 PM   #268
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,858
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
This will be my final update this decade.

Maskerade: Your personal reaction to the arrival of the two kids mirrors that of the adults, with the thoughts of you interacting with the two youths detrimental, and you very quickly opt to venture away from them and into the pokemon centre. However, your Chimchar disagrees with this position, and to your internal distress approaches the pair, clearly taken by their flashy outfits and all but forcing your hand. Your reluctance to interact with the pair pretty much shows up very quickly with your remarks on their costumes, yet the two seem utterly oblivious to your predicament.

"Oh, thank you mister! Dad worked for a good couple of weeks to get it just right for the contest," the yellow one chirps, and before you could even consider not asking about the context of said contest, the blue boy interrupts.

"Bro, I don't think he knows about that. He's not dressed like any pokemon I know of. Um, he sorta looks like that Gold guy if you squint a bit..."

"Robbie! Ricky! Wait up!"

The source of the third voice makes itself known imminently as an adult, presumably the kids' father, races onto the scene astride a large and imposing creature, its dark fur and gleaming golden eyes seemingly staring straight through you, and the air about it positively electrifying, your hair starting to stand up on end a little in the presence of the Luxray. Almost as soon as it arrives the two kids look at each other, what bravado that was on their face very quickly fading into nervous glances, the sort of look that says 'oh gee, we're in trouble now.'

"Don't just scarper like that. I know you're looking forward to the Cedar Frontier Conference, but we're still very high up, and these planks aren't going to save you from a long fall if you rush off them by accident," the man chastises. "Besides, you know fully well that if anything were to happen to you, your mother would throw me into the Pit."

"Sorry dad," the younger lad whines as the pair are promptly lifted onto the back of the muscular feline who doesn't budge, but rather keeps its gaze trained on you and your pokemon, and shortly after the man also turns to address you.

"Apologies lad, my two take the whole conference thing seriously. They just bolted before I could keep a good eye on them, and given their age they evidently still have some growing up to do. Speaking of which, you by any chance heading to the conference too?"

What will you do?


Meetan: The initial suspicion of the guard fades quickly by your body language and intentions, and as you root in your bag and pull out the ancient shard and chunk of ice the man scrutinises them. After a few seconds, one of your travelling companions peeks from behind the gate and noticing your customs troubles quickly chatters to the guard, who then nods and steps aside, accepting the shard and ice as you're allowed entry. As you pass through the gate, you find this tribal village to be much like the Zl'anaian one, though there are some distinct differences. Notably, the huts here are built much more sturdily, and the ground beneath your feet feels much rougher and tampened, as if the tribe has resided here for considerable time.

Soon however you're approached by presumably the chieftain of this tribe, if the extravagant headdress was anything to go by, as well as a green avian pokemon which simply stares at you eerily, the Xatu's wings closed in. The bird looks at you for several seconds beyond what you deem comfortable, before the chieftain speaks. As he does, a telepathic voice resonates in your head as the Xatu's purpose becomes reasonably clear: rough translation.

"Well come All-ess. Zl'ana talk of brave fight against hate apes, few stand to them and live good no hurt. Offers good, ice not easy find, good for hurt." The chieftain nods, giving a gentle smile, as your offering has pleased the tribe. "Much in way of tradition need learn, can wait for danger great. Come, see." Beckoning you forth, the chieftain calls to some of his people to tend to your pokemon and to your relief the medicine man arrives with a dumpy pink pokemon, the Audino definitely versed in recovery as you slightly reluctantly hand over your injured pokemon's balls before following the chief into his own hut.

Much like the Zl'ana hall, this one is full of cots, numerous of which are occupied with tribesmen and pokemon, each one under the same sort of unusual illness as the others. A slight buzz in your head emanates as the chieftain resumes speaking. "Zl'ana nomad tribe, good ally, help in hour need. Ko-phia say land curse, man with many arms say leave. We not leave, land honour ancestor, Kl'ikk stay. Kl'ikk find strange pool away river, not know, Ko-phia claim part of curse. All-ess go, look at pool, maybe know out-sider term. Kl'ikk look pool, dark like mud, not thick. Plant die near pool, Kl'ikk not fall ill, strange. Take look, feel bad about, no other choice." The Xatu finishes relaying the message to you, as the chieftain points out a direction and hands you a papyrus scrawling of the area, the unusual pool marked out. It doesn't seem like too far a trek, but there's not much choice in the matter, and if this indeed led to a clue on the nature of the curse, then the pool might be the best bet. What's your plan?


Lil'twick: Your emotions are mixed by the Prince's melancholy, and while you're certainly pleased by the positive opinion of the Floette you can't help but internally ponder on the underlying issues plaguing the pokemon. Nevertheless, you push these thoughts to the back of your mind and introduce yourself and your family as such to the Prince. You even give credit to the Flabebe, whose nerves elicit a sound much like a vocalised keyboard smash as they stumble over themselves trying to form a sentence, to which the Prince simply smiles.

"Leo...ah, a lionhearted name, keen in getting into the thick of things while keeping what inner fears buried under one's eagerness," they nod, before giving another smile. "Of course, Prince is merely a title, as like with all Floette, I am what you would call female, so more a 'princess...'

The Floette gives a slight cough, before continuing. "It is rare that we have visitors here, let alone a human and his entourage, and it warms my heart that you see your friends as family, rather than tools like so many others. I would assume you found your way here through the sea of stars...as visitors to our small home are wont to do, and you have my gratitude for your contributions. You appear to be a kind soul as well, and your charity is appreciated. Speaking of which..." the Prince says, before turning to her own vassals and giving them a small gesture, the Floette and Roselia giving a bow before wandering off to join the festivities, giving you, Flabebe, your pokemon and the Prince some privacy, and very quickly the Floette's cheery demeanour droops.

"I must apologise, but I wish to ask a great favour of you, Leo. It regards this land and the nature of where you are, and while it may appear a bit selfish of myself, I believe you may be our only hope in a dark spot right now. If you could afford a moment or five of your time, please meet me at the edge of the garden, to the north." With that said, the Prince gives you a bow and floats off out through the grotto, leaving you alone once more.

"ohmigoshtheprincelikesmycookingaaaaa" the Flabebe squeaks out at sudden speed before once again fainting into your hand, and as you hear the merriment around you the Prince's words echo into your mind. While it may seem that this land is idyllic, there certainly seems to be a considerably silver lining to the cloud, and the worries of the Prince are evident. While it couldn't hurt to resume to festivities, could you really enjoy yourself knowing the Floette is troubled? What shall you do?
__________________
Stale Water.

Unruly Premonition.

Last edited by Raves; 12-31-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:43 PM   #269
Stormingwolf
Boulder Badge
 
Stormingwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post

Stormingwolf:

Rolu held onto you and projected the images of the pokemon it saw through the mist using Foresight with its feelers.

It looked as if you had two Flabebe and a Florges approaching you, although the Florges stopped and the flabebe continued to float to you giggling with their bell-like voices

" What do we have here? A human? Why this is surely not a human.
It doesn't have any clothing on except that thing around here
"

They spoke back and forth as they approached you and poked you with their little flowers. So far they didn't seem like a threat and aside from being a little rude and acting as if you couldn't speak, you didn't think there was no reason to talk to these pokemon and ask questions.

Perhaps these flabebe could show you where to go to find your stolen clothes or help you obtain new ones, perhaps they could tell you what's going on with the mist that is way too sweet.

But at the same time, you couldn't be too careful here. It could very well be that these pokemon were the ones that lured you to sleep in the first place. How were you going to go about this situation? What was your plan?
You could fight these pokemon... but an unprovoked attack could lead to horrible things down the road.

Too many things were going on here for you to really have a clear understanding of what was going on here. This mist didn't help either... Surely you could clear this mist away without hurting the pokemon right?



Storm shook his head as he heard the comments of both of the Flabebe.
The mist was still too sweet, though both Swinom and Rolu lacked any moves to remove it.

Storm saw only three reasonable options.
Flee.
Fight.
And converse.

Fleeing into the unknown would be unwise.
Attacking prematurely destroys chances for more peaceful solutions down the road.
That leaves conversing with a backup plan of either fighting or fleeing.

Storm stepped forward, remaining at the edge of the mist, keeping Swinom on his shoulder and Rolu closeby.

"I am very much a human being."
"Though I seem to be stuck in a rather difficult situation."
"Would you be up for a chat?"




Stormingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:45 PM   #270
Prof.Enigma
Thunder Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 599
Stormingwolf:

You spoke to the Two Flabebe, who looked up at you and giggled more.
"Surely, but do you have anything to offer up to us for chatting with you?" The flabebe with the Red flower spoke first while the Blue flowered one floated about waving the mist away... Something with how the Blue one acted made you think that the Mist wasn't their doing.

Intriguing. Now, why was the Red one asking if you had anything to offer?
You vaguely recall hearing that Fae like to have something to barter with because other-wise they would claim humans. But what did you have to Barter with? You had nothing upon your person and there was no way you were giving up Rolu or Swinom.

Oh? But what about an Information exchange, surely you knew of something they didn't that they would find intriguing and would allow you to ask plenty of questions, either that or show you where you need to go.
Looking around you also noticed that you appeared to be within a flower clearing, and gravity seemed to have returned back to normal. If it came down to it you could also make something here with the natural growing foliege. Flabebe were known for their flowers, right? Perhaps you could make something to decorate their larger than average flower beds they flew around on too.

You really had to think about what you could do here, didn't you?

Rolu and Swinom noticed something in the grass that you didn't now that the mist was clearing and Rolu picked up a small object and decided to keep quiet about it

Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 06:43 AM   #271
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,324
King Ghidorah- The Lycanroc were now working together, standing shoulder to shoulder they had boosted their strength, making them more than prepared for your next assault. Acting of its own accord, Hakamo-o berates the trio with a cacophony of sounds. Grating his plates against each other, the Dragon lets out a terrible Screech that pains the sensitive hearing of the wolves, causing them to lower their guard. He follows with a Noble Roar, the proud display puts just a touch of fear in the Lycanroc, causing them to momentarily lose the will to attack. While you're initial reaction to Hakamo-o's solo act is negative, you quickly realise what the Alolan Dragon was doing.

With a new plan, you order Piloswine to chill the Lycanroc with an Icy Wind. The Piloswine follows its orders, inhaling deeply before exhaling a powerful Icy Wind. The chilling gale causes the Lycanroc to shiver, they were used to the cold, but this was different. With their reactions slowed and their defence down, Scizor leaps forward Swinging his claws around in a display of Brute force. He knocks the Lycanroc off their feet, sending them crashing into the walls of the pass. They lay there, unconscious and no longer a threat. Now you just had to deal with their leader.....

Looking up towards where you had last seen the white Lycanroc, you see no sign of it. Was it gone or just camouflaged in the snow? Perhaps it realised you wouldn't turn back? Either way, it seems you're free to continue the climb.



CrazyCreeperKid- "Wait were you messing around in the Mandibuzz nest? You know Mandibuzz are an important part of the Heartless Hollows ecosystem right? Such reckless behaviour is why we have so many tourists die out here, you need to think more about what you're doing. Remember that this region was left untouched for millennia, we need to ensure that we don't ruin the balance that has been established." Skull looks up at you, did the Vullaby resent you for taking it away from its mother?

"Regardless of why and how you're here, we need to get out before another wave of those Skorupi show up, I'm not sure how much more my Zweilous can take. I think I could manage walking with assistance, if we can get back to my checkpoint there is a pulley system that we can use to get out of here. I'll have to gather more hunters for this job, somethings not right down here....

You weren't obliged to, but would you help Thomas? He seemed to know of a way to get back up to the surface and if things were really that bad down here at the moment, was it worth sticking around longer than you had to? While you're thinking about what to do, you hear a scratching noise coming from the way you'd entered. Was that the Skorupi coming back to finish the job? There was no other way out of the cavern, if it was the Skorupi, you'd have to fight your way out.

Zweilous growls and faces the tunnel, aware of whats coming due to his enhanced senses of smell and hearing. "Its too late, they're back", Thomas moans, grasping his injured leg.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 07:41 AM   #272
CrazyCreeperKid
Cascade Badge
 
CrazyCreeperKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Vermilion City
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
CrazyCreeperKid- "Wait were you messing around in the Mandibuzz nest? You know Mandibuzz are an important part of the Heartless Hollows ecosystem right? Such reckless behaviour is why we have so many tourists die out here, you need to think more about what you're doing. Remember that this region was left untouched for millennia, we need to ensure that we don't ruin the balance that has been established." Skull looks up at you, did the Vullaby resent you for taking it away from its mother?

"Regardless of why and how you're here, we need to get out before another wave of those Skorupi show up, I'm not sure how much more my Zweilous can take. I think I could manage walking with assistance, if we can get back to my checkpoint there is a pulley system that we can use to get out of here. I'll have to gather more hunters for this job, somethings not right down here....

You weren't obliged to, but would you help Thomas? He seemed to know of a way to get back up to the surface and if things were really that bad down here at the moment, was it worth sticking around longer than you had to? While you're thinking about what to do, you hear a scratching noise coming from the way you'd entered. Was that the Skorupi coming back to finish the job? There was no other way out of the cavern, if it was the Skorupi, you'd have to fight your way out.

Zweilous growls and faces the tunnel, aware of whats coming due to his enhanced senses of smell and hearing. "Its too late, they're back", Thomas moans, grasping his injured leg.

"Oh, sorry for messing with the ecosystems...." Danny trailed off, as Skull looked at him. Danny just looked back, then he looked up. He heard scuttling. It sounded like it was coming from a thousand little feet.

"Wait, don't tell me that-" Danny said, as Thomas cut him off, telling him it was too late.

"Don't worry, stand aside, you need to rest, Thomas." Danny said.
"Zweilous' is tired; I'll battle them."

"Alright, Skull, Clockwork, both of you will help here." Danny said as the two birds readied for battle.

"Once they come into the cave, both of you just blow them away, Clockwork, give them a Hurricane, Skull, a simple Gust."
__________________


Team banner by Keith Masters (Missingno. Master)
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 07:56 AM   #273
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,324
CrazyCreeperKid- With the Skorupi quickly approaching, you insist that Thomas and his Zweilous rest, surely you could handle a few Skorupi? The scuttling gets louder with each passing second, Skull and Clockwork ready themselves, with their moves combined they'd force the Skorupi back the way they had came. The Skorupi soon come into sight, not only taking up the floor but also the walls and roof of the tunnel. They seemed endless in number. Clockwork and Skull flap their wings as hard as they can, whipping up a tremendously strong wind that forces its way back through the tunnel, driving the Skorupi back.

The power of the attacks likely knocked a couple of Skorupi out, but it isn't long before they come again, their numbers seem unaffected. The Hoothoot and Vullaby attack again and again, each time managing to drive the Skorupi back and knock a handle out, but the Skorupi seem oddly determined in their mission. What was driving them? They seemed to care little about their own well being, were they merely pawns, following the orders of a master? After a while the Skorupi's numbers become a bit more manageable, although Clockwork and Skull are both exhausted, understandably so. Both birds struggle to flap their wings, giving the Skorupi an opening.

The bugs let loose a barrage of Pin Missiles, peppering the cavern. Skull and Clockwork do their best to shield you from the attacks, although a few odd pins strike you. Zweilous stands over Thomas, shielding him despite the attack being Super Effective on him. You needed another way to stem their advance and reduce their numbers....
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 11:02 AM   #274
CrazyCreeperKid
Cascade Badge
 
CrazyCreeperKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Vermilion City
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
CrazyCreeperKid- With the Skorupi quickly approaching, you insist that Thomas and his Zweilous rest, surely you could handle a few Skorupi? The scuttling gets louder with each passing second, Skull and Clockwork ready themselves, with their moves combined they'd force the Skorupi back the way they had came. The Skorupi soon come into sight, not only taking up the floor but also the walls and roof of the tunnel. They seemed endless in number. Clockwork and Skull flap their wings as hard as they can, whipping up a tremendously strong wind that forces its way back through the tunnel, driving the Skorupi back.

The power of the attacks likely knocked a couple of Skorupi out, but it isn't long before they come again, their numbers seem unaffected. The Hoothoot and Vullaby attack again and again, each time managing to drive the Skorupi back and knock a handle out, but the Skorupi seem oddly determined in their mission. What was driving them? They seemed to care little about their own well being, were they merely pawns, following the orders of a master? After a while the Skorupi's numbers become a bit more manageable, although Clockwork and Skull are both exhausted, understandably so. Both birds struggle to flap their wings, giving the Skorupi an opening.

The bugs let loose a barrage of Pin Missiles, peppering the cavern. Skull and Clockwork do their best to shield you from the attacks, although a few odd pins strike you. Zweilous stands over Thomas, shielding him despite the attack being Super Effective on him. You needed another way to stem their advance and reduce their numbers....
Using my TM Surf on Pinky.

"GAH! SO MANY BUGGS!" Danny yelled as the Skorupi quickly filled the cave. Clockwork and Skull both tried their best to blow them off, but could only affect a couple of them. They were tired, and they could barely flap their wings.

"Oh, sorry guys, do you think you can-" Danny was cut off by the imminent barrage of Pin Missiles that shot in their direction. Skull and Clockwork tried to block them, but a few grazed Danny's arms, and Thomas' Zweilous shielding him despite the super-effectiveness of the missiles.

"Clockwork, Skull, return. ESP, go!" Danny said as he extended a pair of Pokeballs, retreating the bird Pokemon, then extended a third, releasing ESP, the Psi Pokemon. Danny sprayed a purple Potion on ESP to give ESP some more energy, as ESP's alertness was required for Danny's plan. Danny lastly extended a fourth Pokeball, which contained Pinky. Pinky was surprised at the crawling walls, cowering at the sight.

Danny quickly put his plan into motion. He crouched down, then turned to ESP.
"ESP, quick, set up a Barrier to protect us!" Danny commanded, as the Alakazam turned to perform the attack.
"Pinky, once Alakazam as set up the Barrier, give this cave a good Surfing wave!" Danny finished. Pinky then turned and waited for Alakazam to set up his Barrier.
__________________


Team banner by Keith Masters (Missingno. Master)
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:45 PM   #275
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- The Lycanroc were now working together, standing shoulder to shoulder they had boosted their strength, making them more than prepared for your next assault. Acting of its own accord, Hakamo-o berates the trio with a cacophony of sounds. Grating his plates against each other, the Dragon lets out a terrible Screech that pains the sensitive hearing of the wolves, causing them to lower their guard. He follows with a Noble Roar, the proud display puts just a touch of fear in the Lycanroc, causing them to momentarily lose the will to attack. While you're initial reaction to Hakamo-o's solo act is negative, you quickly realise what the Alolan Dragon was doing.

With a new plan, you order Piloswine to chill the Lycanroc with an Icy Wind. The Piloswine follows its orders, inhaling deeply before exhaling a powerful Icy Wind. The chilling gale causes the Lycanroc to shiver, they were used to the cold, but this was different. With their reactions slowed and their defence down, Scizor leaps forward Swinging his claws around in a display of Brute force. He knocks the Lycanroc off their feet, sending them crashing into the walls of the pass. They lay there, unconscious and no longer a threat. Now you just had to deal with their leader.....

Looking up towards where you had last seen the white Lycanroc, you see no sign of it. Was it gone or just camouflaged in the snow? Perhaps it realised you wouldn't turn back? Either way, it seems you're free to continue the climb.


It had worked. Or had it?

The trio had been deposed thanks to the collaborative effort of Hugo’s partners. Scizor winced, still feeling the effects of its burn and the exertion of the Brutal Swing. Despite the frigid temperatures, Hugo could see beads of sweating forming at the crown of the Bug-type’s skull, quickly running down his metallic face and into tiny balls of ice as they fell into the snow. Piloswine fared a little better, shaking its thick, furry coat free of the snow and dirt that had been kicked up during the battle. And despite having overcome the three wolves, Hakamo-o did not appear to be much happier, glaring angrily and the scene and still ready to fight.

“It’s not over yet,” Hugo said to the dragon. “You know it’s not over. We took care of the lackeys, but the boss is still out there. Somewhere. And he’s not done with us yet.”

The Pokemon formed a barricade around Hugo; Scizor to the left, Hakamo-o to the right, and Piloswine, ever the navigator, still out front. They knew that the white Lycanroc could – and probably would – emerge at any point. It didn’t want them to reach the guardian before, and that wasn’t going to change just because he was the last one standing. But the difference now was that they had the numbers advantage, and as the adage says, there is strength in numbers.

“Let’s keep moving. But stay on your guard. He’s going to find us soon. I’m sure of it.”

And so they kept moving, weaving in and out of the rocky protrusions the Lycanroc had created as a blockade. Hugo couldn’t help but drift back into considering just why they were so insistent on stopping them. He tried to convince himself that it was a territorial dispute, that it was out of ego, that they were trying to protect the guardian. But just as before, the realization that they were trying to protect him returned. And the white wolf was probably going to take one last shot.

But bring him and anyone else on. The guardian was close. Hugo could feel it in his bones, and he wasn’t stopping now.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.