UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 08-26-2018, 12:43 PM   #4776
Talon87
時の彼方へ

GUYS, IT HAPPENED AGAIN

Spent the last hour or so talking with Yuki. Had to go to get lunch and get ready for the evening. Got out of the shower and decided for one last quick game before I hit the road ...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ge...ttle-796165106

IT'S TAPIR TANTRUM AGAIN!

And exactly as you'd expect, he ragequit. ^^;

And exactly as you'd dream, he tried to keep his cool for as long as possible this game. You could even tell he got excited -- "YEAH! " -- when he got his first KO against me in this match.

But man oh man oh man. ^^; I am really impressed he managed to not ragequit sooner this game, given his past behavior, because I was making all the calls this game, and aggressively so. Toxic @ switched-in Ho-oh instead of STAB Earthquaking the then-out Regirock ... switching in Regirock to easily eat a Stone Edge that I knew would be inbound for Kyurem-W ... Politoed using Protect to scout his own "TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME! " attempt at faking me out with an Earthquake out of Electivire instead of a Wild Charge ... the only time I threw this guy a bone, the only time, was when I let him Wild Charge my Politoed into oblivion (rather than opt for the risky switch into Steelix in case he double EQ'd). I think that invigorated him to keep on playing, but man! I am so surprised he didn't ragequit sooner. ^^;

What are the odds ... literally the last three matches of Random Battle I have played and they have all been against the tapir. With our scores now well over 100 points apart, hopefully this is the last I'll have to put up with his ragequit shenanigans for a while.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:51 AM   #4777
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria Alternate title: Cresselia is a fuckin BAMF

Honestly? I didn't deserve this win lol

My guy didn't quit until the very end, even though all the bad luck that happened to him would've made Talon's "rival" quit from the get-go xd;

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:40 AM   #4778
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Ice Beam is mandatory in Ubers. Yet, I only run it on two Pokemon because only those two have the slots open to run it.

After the fact, I could have killed Dragonite by switching into Rotom, and I could have kept Greninja in against Hydreigon, but I didn't want to take risks when I had that much momentum.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:39 AM   #4779
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

So apparently a Rotom was released earlier this year as a promo - the LINE Rotom - that had an event move, Disarming Voice.

This is neat because it's rare that non-Fairies get access to Fairy-type moves, since GF never implemented Hidden Power - Fairy into the game. It's a low power special move with a unique property - as a sound-based move, it bypasses Substitute. I think many of you saw the value of such a move when Incineroar closed out worlds with Snarl.

Is it worth running on Rotom-W? I'm confronted with some annoying matchups on Showdown that are tough-ish to deal with:

Rotom-W v. Xerneas
Rotom-W v. Zygarde

Xerneas tends to set up on Rotom or, if it's a smart player, simply attacks with Moonblast. I don't have a way of punishing this.

But for Zygarde, who is faster than Rotom-W and annoying with Substitute, Disarming Voice provides a means of SE damage through Substitute. Zygarde drops 25%, takes another 20% from Disarming Voice.

The problem is I can't KO through the Substitute and this runs the risk of triggering Power Construct. There's no real way for me to hurt Zygarde otherwise, since it's immune to Volt Switch and I lose momentum switching out.

I'd like to run a surprise move to hit it, like how Foul Play works against Necrozma-DM.

Also, I'm soliciting opinions: minus attack, or minus speed?

Rotom-W prefers to be slower than Swords Dance boosters (Necrozma-DM, Arceus, Primal Groudon) because the SD happens first, then Foul Play hits and does huge damage, if not KO's the booster.

Rotom-W doesn't like being slower than special attackers or Zygarde, special attackers who can't be punished with Foul Play and Zygarde who can hit it with Thousand Arrows through Levitate.

Sometimes, though, I encounter a minus speed Primal Groudon against who the Foul Play surprise fires prematurely.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-06-2018, 10:21 AM   #4780
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Brutally short. (Random Doubles, 2 turns)

Turn 1, I made spot-on predictions that made the damage pretty one-sided. Hit the Fighting-weak Pokémon who remained in, Protected the one Pokémon he targeted down ... It was a good turn for me, a not-so-good turn for him. But that's fine. Good plays. Play on.

Turn 2, hax brings him to his knees. ^^; =\ His Fake Out misses. His Head Smash misses. I paralyze his Delibird off of a Thunderbolt. And, not being Faked Out, I KO his Tyrantrum. THREE haxy incidents (the two misses and the paralysis), ALL in one turn. Fake Out missed due to Delibird's Hustle, and Rock Smash doesn't have 100% accuracy to begin with, so like ... "fair is fair" and all, but ... Man. ^^; =\ Talk about getting screwed by hax.

At least he was nice enough to forfeit rather than ragequit close the browser and force me to wait for the win like so many other players do. He also greeted me at the start of the battle, which is exceedingly rare these days, I feel. So good on him. Hopefully I'll see him again, win or lose.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #4781
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

I felt a bit inspired to look at Showdown again earlier, got a bit of a curious welcome back:

Things Probably Would've Gone Differently If I Knew They Had a Klefki Earlier

Really, I should not have won this match even if the klefki wasn't a factor- there was a point where they had to Shell Smashes active on his torkoal, and I had no Priority attacks to sneak in during the following sweep. Even after they made the mistake of trying to use Solar Beam the round after their Drought ended, the game wouldn't let me take back the win easily: two Focus Blast misses and a series of Air Slash Flinches in a row pushed me right to the brink of failure by the time I finally managed to get that last Sludge Bomb in.

For those of you who think that you need to have fancy marbles, pointy stones with questionable lattices, and entities with Phenomenal Cosmic Power (i.e. Ubers) to be even remotely dangerous, here's your proof to the contrary!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #4782
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wherein Focus Blast never misses and Protect shan't avail you. (Random Battle, 16 turns)

That sixteenth (final) turn is in a word "terrific."
Old 09-14-2018, 01:33 AM   #4783
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

wtf was this?

Leftovers Pheromosa with no U-Turn? These aren't random Pokemon and random builds to my knowledge, they're submitted. So who approved such an awful set?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-14-2018, 05:43 AM   #4784
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
The movies and items are submitted but the actual builds you get are randomized from the submitted pool.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:45 PM   #4785
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

This was impressive and high level! I had some severe type, coverage, and speed disadvantages across the board except for the Cresselia.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-19-2018, 02:56 AM   #4786
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I almost lost this one due to a misplay, but even then I'm a bit confused?

That's the weirdest Xerneas build I've ever seen. Its speed stat must have been at least 269, because it outsped both 67% Ash-Greninja (268 ) and Jolly Mega-Swampert in the rain (524).

Yet it was also bulky enough to not die to +2 Extreme Speed after Ash-Greninja had wiped out half its health. At best, Arceus-Water would have brought it down to 2% health.

It's an oddly specific build. There's no Geomancy set that I see that runs that. There was a 168 EV set at one point, but I don't know what that was based around, and if this Xerneas did have 168 Arceus should have killed it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-19-2018, 04:28 AM   #4787
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
All Randbat sets I believe have completely split EVs.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:15 PM   #4788
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

That was an Ubers battle though.

Looking at the speed chart I can't see anything that would convince me a Xerneas build needs that many EVs, unless it wants to outspeed Necrozma-DM at +1 (which never happens) or +nature base 90 speeds. None of that makes ANY sense for a Geomancy set.

+2 252 Atk Arceus-Water Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 172-203 (43.6 - 51.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Arceus-Water Extreme Speed vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 172-203 (40.7 - 48.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

The HP spread makes a big difference in this case.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-24-2018, 07:08 PM   #4789
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wherein Sableye sweeps. (Random Doubles, 11 turns)

... Except it's not Sableye. It's Zoroark. ^^;

I played this one too defensively for this particular opponent, and that cost me a lot of steam early in the match. But in the end, it didn't matter: because the bulk and Follow Me tactics of Pachirisu combined with the speed and power of a Nasty Plot Zoroark proved to be nigh unstoppable against the team he was given.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:16 PM   #4790
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Sableye sucks.

Tropius, Shiinotic, Exeggutor are the most frustrating Pokemon to face in randoms. The one time I got to use Shiinotic, it was OHKO'd by a Poison type move.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-25-2018, 03:08 AM   #4791
daiphucka
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via AIM to daiphucka
Wherein Focus Blast never misses and Protect shan't avail you.
daiphucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:46 PM   #4792
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Entry hazards? No problem BD

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:27 AM   #4793
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I had a random battle where the opponent led off with Geomancy Xerneas. Normally that would be instant loss...but I led off with Drought Torkoal?

Actually not an awful matchup. Drought reduces Thunder to 50% accuracy, Moonblast is resisted, and Focus Blast still has 70% accuracy.

Xerneas used Geomancy, Torkoal used Shell Smash
Xerneas used Moonblast, taking out 45% health, Torkoal used Yawn.
Xerneas used Geomancy again, Torkoal used Fire Blast.
Xerneas is asleep, Torkoal used Shell Smash.
Xerneas is asleep, Torkoal misses Fire Blast.
Xerneas wakes up and finishes off Torkoal with Moonblast (due to the Shell Smash special defense drop).

I could have used Lava Plume instead of Fire Blast but I wasn't confident it would KO. 110 BP versus 80 BP matters a lot because the multiplier magnifies an uber's stats much more than it does Torkoal's.

I dispatched the Xerneas with Registeel, but lost to the guy's other ubers that I forgot. Another surprise was that Dusknoir was able to tank a +4 Moonblast somehow. Had I known this, I would have used Earthquake instead of Shadow Sneak x2.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-28-2018, 07:59 AM   #4794
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

I figure you got too greedy with the second Shell Smash there, Dopple. If you were going to go with two Shell Smashes, then it would have been better to use Lava Plume to make use of the better accuracy over more power.

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:38 AM   #4795
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I wasn't being greedy. I used Shell Smash after I saw he boosted with Geomancy a second time. I attacked immediately after using Yawn. +2 Moonblast was a 2HKO on +0 SpD Torkoal even resisted.

+2 Fire Blast in the sun vs. +2 SpD Xerneas was a 2HKO, I wasn't sure I would have guaranteed a KO against a +4 SpD Xerneas. Fire Blast hit 40% harder than Lava Plume and has an 85% accuracy. I just needed to land two, but couldn't pull it off.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-31-2018, 10:46 PM   #4796
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Um, is this a bug?

Sharpedo is immune to Mega Banette Will-o-Wisp on the switch because Dark-types are immune to Prankster?

If this isn't a bug, it's braindead stupid. It would also be stupid if Prankster status moves failed when you are faster than the opposing Dark-type. Ability need not apply.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-31-2018, 11:09 PM   #4797
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Um, is this a bug?

Sharpedo is immune to Mega Banette Will-o-Wisp on the switch because Dark-types are immune to Prankster?

If this isn't a bug, it's braindead stupid. It would also be stupid if Prankster status moves failed when you are faster than the opposing Dark-type. Ability need not apply.
Gen 7 changed Prankster so that it fails when the target is a Dark type. So yes, if you were using Mega Banette and hoping to Will-o-Wisp a Sharpedo, this is why it failed on you.

If it's any consolation, I constantly forget this -- despite on-again off-again playing on Showdown for the past two years -- and constantly get mocked and ridiculed for it. Most recent time was only a couple of days ago. It's just one of those things that if you ask me about it well of course I know! but if you throw me into the trenches and have me battle I'll forget all about it until it's too late.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:25 AM   #4798
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I know that Prankster doesn't work on Dark-types. But Prankster shouldn't have applied here because it happened on the switch. Any normal Will-o-Wisp would burn the opponent.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 11-01-2018, 07:45 AM   #4799
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

If by 'on the switch', you mean 'when banette pops the Mega', then the issue is that the turn order is now decided by the pokemon's post-Mega Speed array- including Prankster's alterations. That's specifically Prankster-boosted Will-o-Wisp you're throwing out!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:42 AM   #4800
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Due to confusing wording, I see now that it elevates all status moves to priority +1 no matter what. That wasn't clear from some of the descriptions.

I also notice I now have to wait 5 minutes for someone to disconnect? Is this because my ELO got too high? And I got no rating adjustment for the DC win?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON